PDA

View Full Version : Adele

MikeA
02-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Check this singer out! Maybe I'm in the dark...not a totally incomprehensible concept...I I hadn't heard of her until Verna said "I Had to listen to her." She doesn't need much of anything to blow you away with her vocals. Amazing British talent! I think she has two albums out now...one last year and another this year. She's only 22 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw&feature=related

Koala
02-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I already know her, she is really incredible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng

Ive always been a dreamer
02-20-2011, 01:33 PM
OMG - you all are so right ... this girl has an amazing voice. Thanks Verna, Mike, and Koala - I had never heard of her.

Maleah
02-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I looooooooove Adele! She has an amazing voice!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Adele is fantastic. :thumbsup: I'm having her new album (yep it's her 2nd Mike,) as my Mother's Day present next month. :partytime:

This was her at The Brit Awards. Sends chills up your spine. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY

MikeA
02-21-2011, 10:04 AM
There is a lot of "pain" in her voice but with that, you know there is "life" in it too. That sounded weird, but I know what I mean by it! I've got to listen to some other of her music. I'd like to hear her do something really upbeat. She has the brokenhearted blues nailed!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I know what you mean Mike :hilarious:

I'd forgotten she won 2 Grammys and performed in 2009

Annabel
02-21-2011, 10:18 AM
That one I posted is about her ex and she said on the show after the Brits that she got really emotional about the song because of him, and then because she thought he'd be at home saying 'yep still got her wrapped round my little finger'. :laugh:

This is a bit more up beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2emGp-0ok&feature=related

MikeA
02-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Well, don't want to gush more than I have already but that's hard to do. Incredible vocals. I think I like "Rollin' In The Deep" about the best of anything I've heard her do.

New talent...hmmmm, Dilana, Carrie Underwood and Adele all three, are about as far apart in the music spectrum as any three artists can be, but right now, these three ladies I think are head and shoulders above the rest of the crop!

I know, Underwood isn't "new" any more....neither is Dilana and really, neither is Adele, but to one who doesn't stay on top of those breaking into the biz, they are still all three NEW to ME <LOL>

sodascouts
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I love "Chasing Pavements" - she does indeed have quite a voice!

Annabel
02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
'Someone like you' has made UK chart history by jumping 46 places yesterday to claim the number one spot after her live performance of it at the Brits.

On top of that she has the number one album here with 21 and the album 19 is at number 4.

The Official Charts Company said she was the first living artist to simultaneously score two top five hits in both the UK singles and albums charts since The Beatles.

MikeA
02-22-2011, 09:14 AM
She was on Letterman last night singing "Rollin' In The Deep". Did a great job on it too.

02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
And this is what I get for never watching television! :grin: As I said earlier, I have never even heard of her until Mike started this thread. She has an incredible set of chops, that's for sure. This board seems to be where I get all of my entertainment news lately. :stunned:

Maleah
07-11-2016, 08:36 PM
I knew there was an Adele thread on here somewhere! GUYS.....I finally got to see her live last Wednesday (5th row) and she was absolutely FLAWLESS. Seriously. Not in a way that would question whether she was singing live or not, she was definitely live, but that voice....wow. I don't think I've ever gone to a concert where someone just commanded an entire arena's attention with their voice alone. I felt like I was experiencing what it must have felt like to see Whitney Houston at her height of her career. I just cannot find enough words to describe how incredible she was. AND she's absolutely hilarious....she's very self deprecating and sarcastic. Which is definitely the type of humor I relate to the most. lol She was also the most engaging artist with fans that I've ever seen. She would have conversations with people from the stage, pull people up on stage to take pictures with her, sing happy birthday to someone, go around the entire circle of her smaller stage and crouch down so people could take a "selfie" with her behind them. I don't know if I can ever top that experience. She is no longer just one of my favorites, but by far my favorite female vocalist of all time. Honestly maybe even just my favorite period. I left the show wanting to be best friends with her. :laugh: If every single US show wasn't sold out, I would have considered traveling somewhere else to see her....she was just that good.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 09:02 PM
I didn't know we had a thread for Adele. I love her and her voice is amazing!!! :D Super jealous you got to see her Maleah. LOL One of my close friends got tickets to her upcoming Nashville show and it was so hard for her to get them. I've watched Adele's TV concert specials and loved them. She really does have a great sense of humor.

07-11-2016, 09:39 PM
It's great to hear from you again, Maleah. Hope you've been doing well and so glad you posted about your show. There's no question, Adele is an incredibly talented lady. I was first introduced to her right here in this thread.

Witchy Woman
07-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Adele is pretty damned amazing. I really tried to get tickets to see her in concert. Effing difficult as hell. I had an easier time getting Hamilton tickets !!

Brooke
07-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Great to hear from you again, Maleah!

So glad you got to see Adele. I think she's amazing too!

sodascouts
07-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Glad you had such a good time, Maleah!

My friend Tiffany wants me to go to the Nashville show with her. It appears to be sold out, but I told her if she was able to find tickets, I'd go. It sounds wonderful!

Maleah
07-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone! I try to pop in and out every now and then. :)

Glad you had such a good time, Maleah!

My friend Tiffany wants me to go to the Nashville show with her. It appears to be sold out, but I told her if she was able to find tickets, I'd go. It sounds wonderful!

Yeah every show on her tour is sold out, otherwise I would have considered making the trip to Chicago to see her again! lol However, the first night in St. Paul (opening night of the US leg of the tour) had a really bad storm so ticket scalpers were having to actually sell their tickets for face value just so they could get out of the storm. lol Some lucky people got front row seats out of that! I really hope you guys can get tickets because it is an incredible experience!