PDA

View Full Version : EAGLES in UK!!!

cjhill
02-21-2011, 06:38 AM
It appears that The Eagles will play at the Paddock Wood Hop Farm Festival in Kent!!!

Eagles are the first headliner to be announced by Vince Power’s Hop Farm Music Festival, playing on Friday July 1 2011. This will be the band’s only UK show.

Other acts announced for the Eagles day include: Bryan Ferry, Brandon Flowers, Death Cab For Cutie and 10cc with many more to follow.

The two-day festival will take place on Friday July 1 and Saturday July 2 in Paddock Wood, Kent. Maintaining its “no sponsorship, no branding” ethos, the Hop Farm will be sticking to the winning formula of ... Read moreprogramming legendary acts with contemporary acts, making it the ‘must go to’ festival.

The Hop Farm Music Festival, whose past artists include Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Paul Weller, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons etc is a totally independent festival, which has a policy of no sponsorship, no branding and no added VIP areas so that all festivalgoers enjoy the same experience, great bands and a great time!

Festival boss Vince Power said: “Really happy to start to announce the Hop Farm’s lineup, now in its fourth year. After last year’s success with Bob Dylan and Mumford and Sons to name but a few of the huge acts, it’s my opinion that the Hop Farm is well and truly on the UK festival map and will go from strength to strength as one of the few independent festivals left in the country.”

The festival has four music stages and includes comedy and campsite stages.

What a stroke of luck, this is right on my doorstep, tickets £70 for friday only.

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Fabulous News!!! :thumbsup:....but not so great for me - it will take a lot of planning...and to think I moved away From Kent a a few years ago! :brickwall:

Thanks for that cjh :)

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Woooohoooooooooo

I got a ticket!!!!!! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Bum !!!! Not what I wanted :brickwall: Will have to see what DH says.

Not bad timing for me though as my DDs have a long weekend from school then with inset days on the Friday (1st) and the Monday (4th). Monday is when we go to see Take That, so it could be one long party weekend. :hilarious:

cjhill
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
YEEEHAWWW!!!

Tickets SORTED :thumbsup:

'How Long' :partytime: will the setlist be i wonder? As there are other acts on that day.
Meh, as long as they do the old classics mixed in with a few LROOE ones.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Wonder if the set will be like the ACL one last year. :shrug: How long was that one?

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 08:14 AM
YEEEHAWWW!!!

Tickets SORTED :thumbsup:

Yayyyyyy Might you there cjh and you too Melanie! :thumbsup:

cjhill
02-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Wonder if the set will be like the ACL one last year. :shrug: How long was that one?

After doing a bit of research, that was 2 hours long (8pm-10pm)

so if they do 9-11 that'd be awesome!

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 08:22 AM
So-o-o-o-o happy for you!!!! :yay:

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 08:33 AM
OMG... This isn't what I expected! Of course, there is always a chance that they're saying it will be the band's only UK show in order to get more people to buy tickets to the festival... But the line-up is fantastic! Not just the Eagles, but Brandon Flowers, 10CC, Bryan Ferry and Death Cab For Cutie. I'm looking at tickets now. Don't think I'll be able to pass this up. Apparently the band curfew is 11.30pm, by looking on the site.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 08:40 AM
:) I've just been looking for details like that Troub, so that is helpful thanks. :thumbsup: Talking to DH about it by email atm. Mind you seen some reports that cliam it to be a less than safe or good festival. :-(

My only trouble is I'd be on the train and have to get into London then one more train down to Southampton. :eyebrow: Think my last train home is 11.40 :eyebrow:

CJ 8-10pm would suit me better. :laugh: Then again I have a cousin who lives very near to the festival. She lives in Larkfield, Aylesford. Now that could be a possibility for overnight. :partytime:

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
You'd also have to allow a lot of time to get in and out of the venue, with 25,000 people there. I haven't seen the negative reports, but that's a shame... it seems to be an upcoming festival, but fairly well-organised. Their website is great. I like the "back to basics" vibe. I think, just going for a day, would eliminate any worry about tents and belongings being safe anyway.

Koala
02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
COOL! I'm so happy for you!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.welovefestivals.com/festivals/2010/Hop-Farm

This was where there were a couple of moans about it (see comments) and a paper reviewed last years show negatively with mention to work needing to be done for the festival to improve.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jul/04/hop-farm-festival-dylan-review

Looks like the Eagles headlining hasn't gone down with the first 2 to make comments lol.

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/2011/headliner-announced!!!.aspx#comments (http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/2011/headliner-announced%21%21%21.aspx#comments)

Just checked out the trains and to get home the same night I'd have to leave before the Eagles got on stage probably. :sad: Otherwise it is getting in around 5. 30 am at the earliest. With a long wait for the first morning train. !!!!! Really hope they do announce another concert as this one isn't looking that hopeful so far. :sad:

ochiba kid 1
02-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Tickets in the bag, I hope we have a nice sunny day ( doubt it ) thanks to the wife, my 40th Birthday gift, 25 mile drive home to bed, yes, no blooming campbed, not to good for a bad spine, roll on July.

Gary:partytime::partytime:

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 09:08 AM
I hope they do, too, Annabel. Just browsed some of the comments... sounds pretty badly organised in past years. Hopefully they will have ironed out the rough spots, but it does put you off...

I'm holding out on my decision for now. Got some thinking to do!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Yep same here Troub, thinking to be done. :rolleyes: Wouldn't be so bad if they were closer to our way, like IOW, ;) :laugh:

OK1, it's my 50th this year (Dec) and I was meant hoping to be going to an Eagles concert as my present. Now will I be looking for another present. :shrug:

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm going to be having the same problems as you, Melanie & Lou :worried: 3-4 hour train journeys with several changes...there's no way I could do it there and back in a day, it'll have to be an overnight stay in a hotel somewhere close by (hopefully!) lots of planning to be done.....but where there's a will..............

TimothyBFan
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Good luck to all of you in getting there! I sure hope it works out for all of you and you all get to meet up. Border party in Kent!!! :partytime: I say you all make a night of it at a local hotel and continue the party after the Eagles leave the stage. Besides, safety in numbers!!!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm going to be having the same problems as you, Melanie & Lou :worried: 3-4 hour train journeys with several changes...there's no way I could do it there and back in a day, it'll have to be an overnight stay in a hotel somewhere close by (hopefully!) lots of planning to be done.....but where there's a will..............

Have you checked out hotels nearby. I was thinking of that too. :thumbsup:

Trying from a different station I ended up with a bus from Basingstoke to Southampton Parkway. :eyebrow: Yep rail works for the weekend it seems. Made the journey so much longer.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Good luck to all of you in getting there! I sure hope it works out for all of you and you all get to meet up. Border party in Kent!!! :partytime: I say you all make a night of it at a local hotel and continue the party after the Eagles leave the stage. Besides, safety in numbers!!!

Party at 'my' place :hilarious: :hilarious:

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 09:35 AM
That's a really good idea Willie! :thumbsup: i'm up for it!! :partytime:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I'll check with DH. :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

Glad to see that they finally announced a show in the UK. If I were a betting person, I'd wager that they will announce more dates to follow. I'm thrilled for all of you who will to see the guys.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 01:13 PM
That's my dilemma. :fear: Think DH will only let me go to one. :worried:

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
If they do announce more dates i'll definitely be attempting to get there! :hilarious:

02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
OMG, I sure know how you all feel - been there ... done that! It's tough to wait when they announce a show that you want to go to, but it's even tougher when you buy tickets only to have them announce something better for you later.

How I long for the good 'ol days when all of the dates were announced at the same time - what a concept! :brickwall:

Good luck to all of you!

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
How I long for the good 'ol days when all of the dates were announced at the same time - what a concept! :brickwall:

Oh, but then they wouldn't get you coming and going, if you know what I mean... :eyebrow:

02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Yep, PM - I know EXACTLY what you mean! :wink:

TimothyBFan
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought it, but PM said it.

BTW-Cathy----LOVING the sig!! Great job.

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
:mrgreen:

ochiba kid 1
02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Paddock Wood is old Kentish Oast House country, there are loads of B&B locally as well as the Hotels and such like, the Hop Farm is very nice, we always go down there a couple of times a year, also very close, ie 10-15 mins drive there are some very beautiful villages that would also have the B&B, and good old style country pubs, ie Hawkhurst, Goudhurst, good luck finding one if you need to.
See you there
Gary:thumbsup:

StephUK
02-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm going to be optimistic & hope that this isn't the only UK date. Seems a strange event to make their only UK appearance at.
It fits well onto the end of their dates on the European continent, but lets hope they stop off in the UK for more than 1 show en-route back to the US!
I need an Eagles 'fix' and I need to see my darling Will too.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
OMG, I sure know how you all feel - been there ... done that! It's tough to wait when they announce a show that you want to go to, but it's even tougher when you buy tickets only to have them announce something better for you later.

Good luck to all of you!

Knowing my luck they WILL announce another date and it will be 4th July, :brickwall:The date I am already concert going. It's called Sod's Law. :laugh: I'll keep my fingers crossed for July 2nd and that they announce it soon. ;)

Annabel
02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm going to be optimistic & hope that this isn't the only UK date. Seems a strange event to make their only UK appearance at.
It fits well onto the end of their dates on the European continent, but lets hope they stop off in the UK for more than 1 show en-route back to the US!
I need an Eagles 'fix' and I need to see my darling Will too.

I'm with you Steph. Here's to more shows. :thumbsup:

ochiba kid 1
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
There seems to be a slot open @ Hyde Park in London on the Sat.
You never know
Gary:brickwall::partytime:

sodascouts
02-21-2011, 08:10 PM
So happy for the Brits getting to see this show! I sure hope they announce even more UK dates!

WalshFan88
02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Congrats to all of the people who are going! :)

EaglesFanatic
02-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Congrats to all of the people who are going! :)

I second that. I'm happy for you that the guys are finally coming your way!

Annabel
02-22-2011, 08:30 AM
There seems to be a slot open @ Hyde Park in London on the Sat.
You never know
Gary:brickwall::partytime:

Good point Gary, maybe they will think about doing the Wireless Festival.

On the good news front, my DH has cleared it for me to go to Hops Farm Festival with our oldest DD, if I want. :yay: Few things to sort out, like what to do with the dog as DH is thinking that he and DD2 will tag along but do something else on the day we :headbang: at the festival. One poss is to see if Tots breeder will have her for the day and night. She is in Chatham so 'in the area'. Also need somebody (like DD2's friends) to come in to feed the rabbits and guinea pig. So just minor details really. :laugh:

Not booking yet though, in case there is another concert announced. Just hope it's announced soon and I don't miss the H F F. :|

Stars
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Here's hoping more concerts are announced for all the UK Eagles fans!:thumbsup:

02-22-2011, 11:41 AM
When I read this thread yesterday, I honestly missed the part in the announcement that said this would be the band's only UK show. I saw it when I was reviewing this thread. Hmmm - makes you wonder if that is reliable. If it is true, it just seems very odd to me that more shows wouldn't be scheduled in the UK and Ireland while the band is there, but what do I know! :confused:

Well, no matter what, I am still thrilled for all of you who get to go to this.

tequila girl
02-22-2011, 12:20 PM
It seems very strange to me too Dreamer :hmm: and it's not exactly what i'd have wanted....but I got a ticket anyway - just in case it is the only one....if more are added later, all the better! :yay:

02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Absolutely, tg! I like the way you are thinking, girl!!! :wink: :nod:

cjhill
02-22-2011, 01:12 PM
When I read this thread yesterday, I honestly missed the part in the announcement that said this would be the band's only UK show. I saw it when I was reviewing this thread. Hmmm - makes you wonder if that is reliable. If it is true, it just seems very odd to me that more shows wouldn't be scheduled in the UK and Ireland while the band is there, but what do I know! :confused:

Well, no matter what, I am still thrilled for all of you who get to go to this.

Yes it does seem very odd that they would do this date only, unless it was a last minute deal done after the rest of the european tour had been arranged. It was a no brainer for me really. Its nearer to me than any other location would be so i had to take the plunge. Going with my folks who are also Eagles fans so it should be a nice family day out.

found this on gear4music.com
It is set to be the band's only UK show and so fans of the act will have to make sure they make their way down to Hop Farm or else they will miss them.

note the words 'set to be';)

I also wonder if it will be possible to buy any Eagles merchandise?

ochiba kid 1
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Eagles merchandise, I do not think so, these festivals are what I understand as pre date any of the major sponsor / tee shirt sellers days or weekends, I think the most we will get here is a general program and tickets to the WC & showers ( I am so glad I only live 25 miles away in Bromley, nice bed and pillow waiting ) maybe we could all do a swap shop ? I am still after some guitar picks to complete my collection or signed CD to purchase if anyone has spares going.
I just hope the wait to drive into the hop farm is not too bad ( ie hours )
PS pack you wallet you will need it for burgers and chips well expensive there and not to nice.
see you all there
Gary:band::smokin: