PDA

View Full Version : HOP FARM FESTIVAL JULY 1ST KENT, ENGLAND

ochiba kid 1
02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi All,
Long time no speak, just had to say how over the moon that the guys are doing the Hop Farm in Paddock Wood in Kent, England, ( the original Whitbread Farm ) for their only date in the UK ( so far ) this year, I doubt I will be as close to the stage as back in 2008 at the O2 ( first row back then ) tickets already booked @ £130.00 a head, I will be 40 in July, this will be my first festival ever, not a bad line up with Brian Ferry, The Faces, 10CC, Ocean Colour Scene and some guy called Brenden Flowers ( who is he LOL!!!!!!!!! )
Thanks to my wife for the tickets, my 40th Birthday gift, well that is may 9th,
Can't wait, anyone else going, all the best

Gary:partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime::p artytime:

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Gary

yes, I will also be there.....my 55th birthday gift to myself!! :hilarious:

haven't sorted the logistics yet, but I got my ticket, so i'll be there somehow!

Annabel
02-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Brave girl Carole. :hilarious: I'm a bit more reserved still. ;)

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, I have to admit to being a bit nervous about doing things like this on my own.........but - what's the worst that can happen?? don't answer that! :fear:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
:hilarious: :hilarious: Just checking out the maps for what's where and would you believe it, behind Paddock Wood station in a road called ...... Henley Road. :thumbsup: :hilarious:

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, there ya go......it's fate!! :thumbsup: :hilarious:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
That's what I thought. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
The guys are probably always on the lookout for festivals and such since they can play a shorter show, which is what Glenn has said they are wanting to do.

Annabel
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
:-( Oh ....... that makes sense. Load of faffing round crossing the channel though for the one day concert. :eyebrow:

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
:-( Oh ....... that makes sense. Load of faffing round crossing the channel though for the one day concert. :eyebrow:

Lol! Annabel, your phrases are so colorful to me, mostly because I have no idea what you mean! :rofl:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
:hilarious: 'Faffing about' as in 'Oh what a palava', or 'loads of bother'. How's that :shrug: :laugh: 'clear as mud' eh! ;) :rofl:

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Loads of bother I got! :thumbsup:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
:thumbsup: :yay: :hilarious: Stick with me and I'll have you speaking pure British in no time :rofl:

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm going to need a glossary...;)

Annabel
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl: I'll see what I can find. :D

ochiba kid 1
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
If you think that is good ol english, I am glad you lot cannot hear me speak, born and bread in south east london / kent borders, I know a bit of cokney slang, well I speak it more than I can write it, I am not sure what is worse, my day to day grammer or the work on these laptops, I have a hunch thay may do another festival / gig not too far away on the same weekend in the UK ? or here is to wishing, mind you I will more than have to sweet talk my wife into the 40th Birthday gift on that one, maybe we could celebrate my 50th 10 years early, I would love to think the guys would still be gigging in 10 years time ? you never know, well hell froze over, did it not.

Gary:)

ochiba kid 1
02-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks for moving this item for me, I got so over excited I put it in the wrong place.

Thanks

Gary:guitar::guitar:

sodascouts
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for moving this item for me, I got so over excited I put it in the wrong place.

Thanks

Gary:guitar::guitar:

Completely understandable! But as you might have noticed I am compulsive about organizational subdivision. ;)

As I said elsewhere, I just hope they add more dates for you guys - and we can make many threads of this type for the UK!

cjhill
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
According to JoeWalsh.com they are off to Iceland and added a 2nd Austria date, puzzled as to why there is no mention of this gig. I know its a festival but they have listed the Norweigan wood festival date. Maybe its because they will play such a short setlist its hardly worth mentioning:nahnah: I hope not!!!:laugh:

Annabel
02-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Well adding those dates gives me more hope that Hops Farm isn't the only concert here. :huh: I think. :laugh:

Annabel
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Think this might confuse a few people.:headscratch: (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977) (Although they are only selling the weekend tickets it seems.)

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977

ETA Not this way they aren't

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/1039287?dma_id=603

Ive always been a dreamer
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Well adding those dates gives me more hope that Hops Farm isn't the only concert here. :huh:
I think. :laugh:

I thought EXACTLY the same thing Annabel. :grin:

Hmmm - I guess we just have to sit back, be patient, and play wait and see. I hate it when that happens! :yuck:

ochiba kid 1
02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Think this might confuse a few people.:headscratch: (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977) (Although they are only selling the weekend tickets it seems.)

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Eagles-tickets/artist/734977

ETA Not this way they aren't

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/1039287?dma_id=603

When I got our tickets through the radio station, they only offered them on the webpage as a weekend package, so maybe we will go on the friday unless someone half good is on and the spine can handle it. ??????????:shrug:

cjhill
02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I managed to get Friday only tickets through 'eventim'

Looking forward to it! Roll on July!

still a bit concerned nothing has been announced on either joewalsh.com (which is often first to announce concert dates) or eaglesband.com:-?

I only hope it is because they have other UK dates to announcr for you guys who cant make the festival.

Annabel
02-25-2011, 05:11 AM
See and HMV are offering tickets as well as Ticketmaster now.

With See, you can book the 'under 12 child goes free' tickets. But you can't with Ticketmaster - online. :eyebrow:

I might still be festival bound yet one way or another. My cousin lives in Larkfield, just 15 mins away (but maybe not on a festival 'day') and has offered to play cabbie and hotel for the night with breakfast the next morning. :partytime: Not sure if plan A, B or C coming into play though. Waiting for a couple of weeks to see if anything else emerges. :hilarious:

tequila girl
02-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Melanie, I got mine from HMV - children under 12 are free on that one too!

Prettymaid
02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I feel for those of you playing the waiting game. I think we've all been there at one time or another! For your sake, I hope they announce another show.

Annabel
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Melanie, I got mine from HMV - children under 12 are free on that one too!

:thumbsup: Thanks Carole.

tequila girl
02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
126 days to go!! :hilarious:

cjhill
02-25-2011, 06:52 PM
cannot wait!!!! must get out the melbourne 04 dvd again somewhen and really get in the mood.

Hopefully the unpredictable british weather is kind to us! Well, as long as its dry really:hilarious:
Roll on July

GlennLover
02-25-2011, 09:10 PM
So happy for all of you that have gotten tickets :thumbsup:& I hope that anyone else wanting to go will be able to make it happen! :partytime:

Annabel
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Getting closer to booking this. One of my sisters has offered to dog sit. :partytime: We can drop Tots off on the way and then go the back roads into the event as she isn't that far away. Well it's a lot closer than it is from my house anyway. ;)

tequila girl
02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Getting closer to booking this. One of my sisters has offered to dog sit. :partytime: We can drop Tots off on the way and then go the back roads into the event as she isn't that far away. Well it's a lot closer than it is from my house anyway. ;)
Would your sister look after my Parrot too?? :hilarious: :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
02-28-2011, 04:31 AM
still a bit concerned nothing has been announced on either joewalsh.com (which is often first to announce concert dates) or eaglesband.com:-?

I only hope it is because they have other UK dates to announce for you guys who cant make the festival.

I wonder if their contract to play at the festival includes a clause saying they won't announce another UK concert for a certain period after festival bookings open? :pray:

Either way, I hope all you UK Borderers get to see them and have as wonderful a time as I did in Melbourne :grooving:

Annabel
03-03-2011, 08:30 AM
More acts announced for Friday at the festival and tomorrow they are announcing the line up for Saturday. :grooving:

Along with the Eagles, BRYAN FERRY, BRANDON FLOWERS, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, 10cc, JIMMY BARNES, CITY AND COLOUR, TRANSFER, THE HUMAN LEAGUE and OCEAN COLOUR SCENE will be playing!!!

Saturdays line-up will be announced FRIDAY 4th MARCH!Still no sign of any more Eagles concerts. Wonder if that is it. :shrug: Would be nice to know. :ack:
(Does look more like I WILL be going to this. Just need to sort out DH;))

03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Wow - the band sure isn't making it easy for you all in the U.K. are they? Well, I'm glad for those of you who are going to this just in case it is the only show this time. Still seems strange to me, but what do I know? :shrug: :grin:

Prettymaid
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
10cc is the only other band I recognize. They're good!

Annabel
03-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I was in the fan club for 10CC many years ago. :lol: But that was when they were the original 4 of them. Graham Gouldman is the only original left now. Be interesting to see what they are like now.

cjhill
03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah i have heard of 10cc

Bryan Ferry, Roxy music? am i correct. Not really my era but hey if willing to give it a go if i know the EAGLES are coming on :yay:

i just hope they announce the stage times! Only problem with it being a festival.

tequila girl
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
yep, you're right cj...Bryan Ferry was in Roxy Music

I would like to know who's on when too, 'cos even though it's going to take me forever travelling there and back I don't really want to be hanging around for anyone else. The ONLY Reason i'm going is The Eagles!

Freypower
03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Jimmy Barnes is Australian; ex Cold Chisel lead singer. He's not really a good fit with the Eagles.

Annabel
03-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Looks like this festival will have a bit of allsorts for everyone. There is more than one stage as well I believe. (2 or 3?)

Just checked Jimmy Barnes out and found he is Scottish born and moved to Australia at age 4. He's loud and will get the 'party' rocking. ;) Found you tube videos of him singing with Bon Jovi and another with Tina Turner.

Checked out Death Cab for Cutie too as I didn't know the American indie band and also City and Colour from Canada. Not too bad from what I saw. :shrug: Not found Transfer yet. Anyone heard of them?

I have one Brian Ferry album - Avalon and one Human League album - Dare. Know a fair bit of both groups songs though from the past so might be able to sing along. :laugh:

The Eagles will be my main reason for going though (if I do and it looks like I will ;)) but it would be nice to be able to enjoy some of the rest of the day too. Plus if DH and DD2 are doing something else in the area they won't want it to last for a couple of hours after approx 2 1/2 hours of travelling.:nod:

TimothyBFan
03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I was in the fan club for 10CC many years ago. :lol: But that was when they were the original 4 of them. Graham Gouldman is the only original left now. Be interesting to see what they are like now.

Lol Creme no longer with them then? I use to drool every time I saw a picture of him and 10cc in the 70s. I wonder if he's still doing the Godley and Creme thing then?

Some good stuff there--Brian Ferry, Death Cab, Eagles, etc. Does seem as tho the Eagles are the "BIG" group tho doesn't it?

Annabel
03-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Yep Willie. They are billed as the Headliners for Friday.

FRI 1 JUL

EAGLES (headliner)
BRYAN FERRY
BRANDON FLOWERS
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
10cc
JIMMY BARNES
CITY & COLOUR
TRANSFER

BIG TENT

THE HUMAN LEAGUE
OCEAN COLOUR SCENE
THE WALKMEN

BREAD & ROSES STAGE

STORNOWAY
ERLAND & THE CARNIVAL
TREETOP FLYERS
STEVE SMYTH

They have announced Saturday's line up now.

SAT 2 JUL

MORRISSEY (headliner)
LOU REED
IGGY&
THE STOOGES
PATTI SMITH
NEWTON FAULKNER
BROTHER
MARY COUGHLAN

BIG TENT

NOISETTES
GANG OF FOUR
THE BLUETONES
THE PARIS RIOTS

BREAD & ROSES STAGE

THE LEISURE SOCIETY
BRIGID POWER RYCE

AND

MORE ACTS AND STAGES TO BE ANNOUNCED :thud: Gonna be a long day. :laugh:

TimothyBFan
03-04-2011, 10:10 AM
:thud: Iggy!!!!!! I love Iggy!!! And Lou Reed!! Very cool!!

Annabel
03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Shame they aren't on the Friday too. :laugh:

BTW Willie, it seems Lol and Kevin parted company in 1988. Both seem to be
involved in music videos, TV commercials, and sporadic music projects since.

Annabel
03-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Booking our tickets today. :yay: :thumbsup:

DH is sorted on what he and DD2 are going to do whilst DD1 and I festival. They are going into London to do .......... something. :shrug: (DD2 wants to go to Harrods. :laugh:) And we are all staying over in a hotel in Kent for the night. :partytime:

Oh and found out that the timetable isn't announced. You find out who plays when only when you get in and buy a programme. :thumbsdown:

cjhill
03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Booking our tickets today. :yay: :thumbsup:

DH is sorted on what he and DD2 are going to do whilst DD1 and I festival. They are going into London to do .......... something. :shrug: (DD2 wants to go to Harrods. :laugh:) And we are all staying over in a hotel in Kent for the night. :partytime:

Oh and found out that the timetable isn't announced. You find out who plays when only when you get in and buy a programme. :thumbsdown:

Awesome! Glad you managed to sort tickets. :yay:

bit of a pain not knowing who is playing when. I guess thats how they make you buy a program:???: but i would have bought one anyway.

I would guess the Eagles would be on last as they are the headliner, just gonna make sure we get there sometime mid morning i guess. I think the music kicks off at 12 midday.

Still waiting for this date to be announced on the Eagles website!! Hope we dont get to around a few weeks before the festival and they cancel....no...no..dont want to think about it:p

Annabel
03-06-2011, 06:54 AM
HMV tickets shows it as 11am. :shrug: I'll buy a programme anyway too but would be nice to know that I really don't have to rush there. Got a dog to drop off on the way. :lol: I pondered on the Eagles being on last too. Band curfew is 11.oo pm :fainted: :laugh: (then comes the mad rush out :ack:)

Hotel is booked. :yay: Carole, I've sent you details and a plan. ;-)

:stunned: Don't even go there about them cancelling. Grrr!

tequila girl
03-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks Melanie, off to have a look now! :nod:

tequila girl
03-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Hotel Booked....Thanks Melanie! :D

..So.........apart from seeing The Eagles, I get to meet a Borderer! :yay:

Annabel
03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
:yay: Looking forward to it Carole. Little drum roll to celebrate. :drummer: :lol:

tequila girl
03-06-2011, 08:40 AM
You can let him know we're coming.....but he won't need bodyguards - we'll take care of him! ;-)

Annabel
03-06-2011, 11:10 AM
It is official. Hannah and I are going to the festival now. :yay: DH booked tickets at lunchtime when he got back from his little shopping trip. (I left it all set up for him to do. Well it made more sense to get him to rather than me buy and him repay me. :shh: )

As for Don's body ;) .....erm being guarded, don't worry Carole and I will take good care of it, I mean him. :inlove: :laugh:

Annabel
04-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Photo is up of the guys on the Hops Farm Festival FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=204093322944776&set=a.204092842944824.50357.192485407438901&theater (https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#%21/photo.php?fbid=204093322944776&set=a.204092842944824.50357.192485407438901&theater)

04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks Annabel - they sure chose a great picture. I'm sure that does nothing for you all that are 'eaglely' awaiting this event though. :lol:

Annabel
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
:doh: lol, thanks for that groaner Dreamer :laugh:

Troubadour
04-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Ha ha. That's cute!

GlennLover
04-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I thought that was very clever, Dreamer :laugh:!

EaglesKiwi
04-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Great choice of photo. And "eaglely waiting" is cute!

tequila girl
04-05-2011, 05:09 AM
87 Days To Go!!!!!:yay:

Annabel
04-05-2011, 11:35 AM
:laugh: Is that all Carole. :headbang:

04-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh my - with still 87 days to go, you folks are also going to have to be patiently awaiting this concert. Hang in there - hopefully, the time will pass quickly.

sodascouts
04-05-2011, 11:43 AM
It'll be here before you know it!

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I've really been tempted by this as I love Bryan Ferry as well as our Boys, but yesterday our fridge broke (AGAIN:scowl:) and its going to cost €800 to repair. As well as a few other household jobs that can't wait any longer. So short of winning the lottery between now and July it doesn't seem very likely. Pity, :-(

tequila girl
04-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I've really been tempted by this as I love Bryan Ferry as well as our Boys, but yesterday our fridge broke (AGAIN:scowl:) and its going to cost €800 to repair. As well as a few other household jobs that can't wait any longer. So short of winning the lottery between now and July it doesn't seem very likely. Pity, :-(
800 Euros?? for a fridge repair, blimey that's almost £700 :shock: surely it would be cheaper to buy a new one? Fingers crossed you win the lottery!

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2011, 01:13 PM
This was sold to us 4 years ago as a 'Particularly good' Amana Fridge. At the time it would have cost €5000. We were getting a big kitchen order and the girl co-ordinating it rang us and offered it to us for about €2800. We were told another couple had ordered it and had changed their mind.
2 years and 2 months (yep, just out of warranty) it broke down and all our freezer stuff melted. Paul rang the Irish distributor, gave the serial number, make and model and he was informed that it had NOT been rejected. It had been a demo model. Now if I had known that I wouldn't have bought it on the first place.

It has had 2 other repairs since to replace the computer board and the starter of the compressor, the last only 3 weeks ago. All have cost money.

I will get a new compressor and have it fitted IF AND ONLY IF I can get a written guarantee that any further repairs will be covered for the forseeable future. Otherwise we may indeed consider a new one. Not only has this cost us the repairs, but also there has been the cost of having to dump food that has been defrosted or could not be chilled.

Ok rant over!!

tequila girl
04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
That's Shocking!!! :shock: :shock: I think you're entitled to Rant....I know I would be :enraged:

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks TG! But hey, there's no point crying over spilt milk..... or warm milk.... or any milk at all!

Brooke
04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Bummer Ga. :scowl:

Koala
04-06-2011, 01:12 AM
87 Days To Go!!!!!:yay:
Yeah! This means this "my" concert also is soon, a few days before!

Sorry to hear about your Fridge, GA!

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks Koala!
Well I seem to have mutated this thread into 'GA's Fridge'. Sorry about that ladies!! Hubby was back onto the servicing company and the guy who has carried out the repairs on the fridge over the past few years. The general consensus is that a new similar fridge freezer would cost between €1000 and €2000. When considering a €800 repair and the fact that other things could go wrong its a no brainer. If Laura and I feel up to it later we may go fridge shopping later.

Annabel
04-06-2011, 06:17 AM
:lol: How about this for getting back on topic. Carole and I might need a fridge at Hope Farm if we get a scorcher. ;) Good luck with the shopping GA and hope you and Laura feel better soon. :-)

cjhill
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
haha, yep and what a nice day it has been today in the south east...man if we get a day like today it will be awesome!!!

Had to play the Eagles on the way home from uni today....even blasted out Hotel California and Take it Easy to all my classmates today (some approved.....some didnt):yay:

Annabel
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Some have NO taste then. :lol: It's has been gorgeous today and we are in for more the rest of the week and right through the w/e. :blueblob:

StephUK
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Lovely weather down here on the South West coast today too. Let's hope it's the start of a long hot summer.

Still waiting & hoping for some UK Eagles dates to be announced. I do wish they would say whether they mean to come over here or not, and soon, so we can make our holiday arrangements.

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
:lol: How about this for getting back on topic. Carole and I might need a fridge at Hope Farm if we get a scorcher. ;) Good luck with the shopping GA and hope you and Laura feel better soon. :-)

Thanks Melanie! We are much better today today thanks and went out shopping. We've ordered a LG which cost €1425 inc a 5 year warranty. It'll be delivered Tuesday and also includes the environment levy.

So I opened the original fridge this evening to see if it would be a good idea to salvage any of the food boxes etc for storage. Lo and behold a blast of cold air hit me. Yep! The greatest comeback since HFO. Its working again. Though to be honest, I don't know for how long, or when it'll break down again so I think we'll still go ahead with the replacement plans.

Annabel
04-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh Woohoo Just got my Hops Farm Festival tickets. :headbang:

DD1 didn't answer the door thinking it was just a salesman, but told me there was a man at the door. I nearly didn't go myself. Thankfully I did go or I'd have been......:huh: :faint:when we'd realised what we had missed.

Yay bring it on Festival here we come.

Anyone else got there ticket(s) yet????

BTW gates open @ 12 noon.

sodascouts
04-14-2011, 11:04 AM
How exciting! It's getting closer.... ;)

04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Well Annabel - tickets in hand makes it official now. Hang in there, it'll be here before you know it!!! :thumbsup:

cjhill
04-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh Woohoo Just got my Hops Farm Festival tickets. :headbang:

DD1 didn't answer the door thinking it was just a salesman, but told me there was a man at the door. I nearly didn't go myself. Thankfully I did go or I'd have been......:huh: :faint:when we'd realised what we had missed.

Yay bring it on Festival here we come.

Anyone else got there ticket(s) yet????

BTW gates open @ 12 noon.

Yeah cant wait!!!:guitar::headbang:

Printed my tickets out and they are being kept in a very safe place!
Gotta make sure we get there early now, getting in and out of the car park will be a nightmare.:razz:

tequila girl
04-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Yeah cant wait!!!:guitar::headbang:

Printed my tickets out and they are being kept in a very safe place!
Gotta make sure we get there early now, getting in and out of the car park will be a nightmare.:razz:
Me too!! :-)

Prettymaid
04-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Ahhhhh, the warm smell of Eagles tickets rising up though the air....

Brooke
04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
LOL! Great Pm!

tequila girl
04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Ahhhhh, the warm smell of Eagles tickets rising up though the air....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Annabel
04-15-2011, 01:53 PM
:laugh: :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Oooh girls I'm so happy for you all. It isn't so long now at all. I've tried to jiggle my finances again but its just not possible this time :sigh:. But I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and I'm enjoying feeling the vibe of your excitement.

WalshFan88
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Enjoy the show!!!!!! It's been SOOO long since I've seen an Eagles show (2008). I need that Joe Walsh guitar tone rising up through the air for me! :rofl:

tequila girl
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
79 Days!!!!!! (I Think!) :shrug: :lie: :drool: :thumbsup::yay:

WalshFan88
04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
79 Days!!!!!! (I Think!) :shrug: :lie: :drool: :thumbsup::yay:

:hilarious:

cjhill
05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
2 MONTHS ONLY:rockguitar:

EaglesKiwi
05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Yippee, I'm so excited for all you getting to see them in just 2 months!:guitar::headbang::faint:

Annabel
05-02-2011, 05:30 AM
2 MONTHS ONLY:rockguitar:

:headbang: Bring it on. :guitar::singer:

tequila girl
05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Annabel
05-02-2011, 07:20 AM
:rofl: you getting a little excited there Carole.

Hannah told me that Death Cab Cutie have a new album out :huh: Who I said. :laugh:

Annabel
05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Of course we'll want detailed, step-by-step reports:singer:. I'm especially interested in the fact that you and TG will meet and another Borderer cjhill will be there too. That will make it extra special!

We'll be sure to take notes ;)

tequila girl
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
:rofl: you getting a little excited there Carole.

Just a little bit! :thumbsup: :laugh: s'pose i'd better start looking at booking trains etc. :dizzy:

Annabel
05-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Train details are up for leaving the festival.

The last trains from Paddock Wood are:

FRI 1 JUL
2350 and 0050

SAT 2 JUL
2350 and 0050

Shame they aren't a bit more detailed. :headscratch: (like where to :laugh: ) My DH is planning on us getting back to Aylsford, as it's nearest to the hotel, so he can pick us up. He's also willing to come and get us at the site if it comes to it. Awwww gotta love him.

EaglesKiwi
05-03-2011, 04:59 AM
We'll be sure to take notes ;)
That would be great!

UK TimFan
05-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Train details are up for leaving the festival.

The last trains from Paddock Wood are:

FRI 1 JUL
2350 and 0050

SAT 2 JUL
2350 and 0050

Shame they aren't a bit more detailed. :headscratch: (like where to :laugh: ) My DH is planning on us getting back to Aylsford, as it's nearest to the hotel, so he can pick us up. He's also willing to come and get us at the site if it comes to it. Awwww gotta love him.
I susupect that you won't want to know this. :smile:
Last train from Paddock Wood to Aylesford on Fri 1 Jul is at 23.01hrs.
Arrives Aylesford 6.20hrs Sat 2 Jul, and involves three changes of train. :laugh: It also involves spending four and a half hours overnight on Strood station.
The earlier 'last train' leaves Paddock Wood 22.40hrs, and arrives Aylesford same day at 23.09.

Saturday last reasonable train departs Paddock Wood at 22.10, arriving Aylesford 22.39.
The two later trains involve 4 and 3 changes and over seven and a half hours travel time.

The Friday 23.50 train goes to London Bridge, but stops at Tonbridge at 23.57, so it would be far better for hubby to go there to pick you up. Though as Tonbridge is still fairly local to PW and therefore could be prone to heavy traffic, he could go to Sevenoaks, where the train arrives at 00.07 Saturday morning.

Going the other way, Paddock Wood to Ashford international trains leave every half hour with the last one 00.28 on Saturday morning. Journey time about half an hour. Aylesford to Ashford is basically straight down the M20, so should be a lot quicker even if the mileage is slightly further.

If you (or any of the other people going to PW) want help with trains, just yell, as I'm quite good at working my way round the National Rail site. :smile:

Annabel
05-03-2011, 10:03 AM
UK Tim Fan Your are a gem for that thank you. :thumbsup:

I just knew it wasn't going to be so simple with the extra trains they had put on. :-?

Annabel
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Just saw this on FB

Ladies and Gents spread the word - this will be THE ONLY EAGLES UK SHOW and the ONLY MORRISSEY FESTIVAL SHOW. It's gonna get pretty special on the 1st/2nd July in Kent.Mind you Morissey is playing Glastonbury. :laugh:

At least the concert has finally made the Eagles website. They really, really are coming then. :yay:

Eagles to Perform at 2011 Hop Festival in the UK

The Eagles will be part of the 2011 Hop Festival with a performance on July 1st.

The Hop Farm Music Festival came about after a survey was taken and the feeling amongst fans buying festival tickets, was that they ended up feeling the lowest on the pecking order. The Hop Festival felt it was time to go back to basics and let it be about the music.

More information about the festival and tickets can be found here (http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/).
posted April 15, 2011

tequila girl
05-22-2011, 12:31 PM
40 days to go!!!!!!!!
:partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

05-22-2011, 02:33 PM
But, I'm sure no one is getting excited yet! :lie: :lol:

Annabel
05-23-2011, 03:03 AM
:huh: 40 days until what :headscratch:;) Nope not a bit excited here :lie::hilarious:

Judy
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Wow! It's getting closer! When it gets that close, it's the first thing you think of when you wake up every day.

Annabel
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
:yay: Woo hoo. :faint: Don't you'll get those of us going all excited. :nahnah: :hilarious: I can't wait and even DD1 is getting excited. I'm looking forward to June 4th when I can say just a month to go.

ochiba kid 1
05-25-2011, 05:04 PM
At last another decent act for us oldies in our 40's & 50's, wont tell you which catagory my wife is in, she would kill me, Prince is to headline on the Sunday for those who wish to splash another £40.00 per ticket for the day, I may only do the friday and sunday, I could do without the sucide watch of Morrisey on Sat, good god why oh why is he going ?????????????/
way over my head ?

see you there

Gary & Ann:thumbsup::partytime:

Annabel
05-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Saw that they had extended the festival by a day but not into Prince so not even tempted. Just doing the Friday here. Who's headlining again. :headscratch::shrug::hilarious:

TimothyBFan
05-26-2011, 07:34 AM
LOVE Prince!! What an awesome weekend of music for this festival!! :thumbsup:

Annabel
06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
One month today. :yay:

tequila girl
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Yayyyyyy................

Troubadour
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Morrissey is one of my all-time favourite artists. Gah. Why did I decide not to go to this?

sodascouts
06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
You can still change your mind, Troub!

Troubadour
06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I know. It's not the easiest place to get to though, especially as a non-driver. Money is also an issue - particularly as I paid out big bucks to see James Taylor on the 14th. I resolved to give this one a miss for various reasons, and that's what I'll do... although it's always hard to pass up an Eagles opportunity. Just gotta believe that I will see them again in a more convenient setting! I will be eagerly awaiting the reviews.

Glennsallnighter
06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm still in that 'I could still go' mode, but realistically, money would be a bit of a problem, and I usually mark exams during late June and early July. In saying that if I could have picked up Wimbledon tickets too I'dve tried to make a mini break of it. AND I could have ferried Lou around! If I win on the lottery in the next few weeks........ :pray:

StephUK
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm giving this one a miss too. My festival going days are over! Also, I'd rather see them at their own show where they will do a full length set.

July 1st is going to be a tough day though; knowing they're actually in the UK and only about 160 miles away.

Would someone who's going please give Will a wave from me:wave:

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Aw, that's too bad. I'm glad at least a few of the Border gang can make it and represent! ;)

Glennsallnighter
06-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm giving this one a miss too. My festival going days are over! Also, I'd rather see them at their own show where they will do a full length set.

July 1st is going to be a tough day though; knowing they're actually in the UK and only about 160 miles away.

Would someone who's going please give Will a wave from me:wave:

Oh I get you Steph! :hug:. But I agree about the setlist too. It wouldn't be a full show! Lets keep the dough for a full gig!

06-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah - I can imagine it'll be tough for you European folks that are staying away. It's gonna be tough for me and I'll be 5,000 miles away! But, we'll just have to live vicariously through those lucky Borderers who do go!

Annabel
06-07-2011, 03:14 AM
I was holding out for a while hoping on a full show being announced. But when nothing else was forthcoming I bit the bullet and went for it. Had to, I need an Eagles experience in whatever form. :nahnah: Never done a festival before. Never seen the Eagles before. Hoping to see them again one day but next time my own seat would be very nice. :hilarious:

tequila girl
06-07-2011, 04:15 AM
I agree with Steph.......my festival going days were over about 35 years ago! :shock: and whilst I would much rather have my own seat as Melanie says, having never seen the boys before and no other dates forthcoming - well, it just had to be done!! :shrug: I have to admit to being a bit scared about the whole experience (even getting to & from the venue via public transport is a bit daunting) :fear: but I know it will be worth it in the end :partytime:

Annabel
06-07-2011, 07:06 AM
We'll be safety in numbers being together at least Carole. I'm a bit worried I might lose Hannah there. :fear: Well if I try hard enough. ;) :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
having never seen the boys before and no other dates forthcoming - well, it just had to be done!! I have to admit to being a bit scared about the whole experience (even getting to & from the venue via public transport is a bit daunting) :fear: but I know it will be worth it in the end :partytime:

Wow- Carole--don't believe I knew this would be your first time. Very cool (and brave) that you are taking on the task of getting there. Now I'm even more excited for you and can't wait to hear about your experience!!!!

tequila girl
06-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Wow- Carole--don't believe I knew this would be your first time. Very cool (and brave) that you are taking on the task of getting there. Now I'm even more excited for you and can't wait to hear about your experience!!!!

Yeah, I've always been a big fan Willie - right from when they started out.............but Money, Times, Places and just Circumstances in general were always wrong :-(

Brooke
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM
tg, how exciting for you! The first time seeing the guys! :partytime:

sodascouts
06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
If you've never seen the guys before, you definitely have to go!

06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
OMG - have we got two Eagles virgins going to this? Well, just relax ladies and enjoy yourselves. Trust me, even though you will probably get a short set, it'll still be totally worth it. But I have to warn you, t'll probably make you want to see a full show even more though. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
How exciting for you two! I had to do the festival thing too, to see the guys for my one & only (but hopefully not last) time. It was absolutely worth it though! :partytime: However, I'd only do it for the Eagles! 55,000 people at one venue is a bit much for me.

Koala
06-08-2011, 12:38 AM
tg, how exciting! You will see the guys for the first time! I know the feeling still exactly. I saw the guys 2 years ago for the first time!

Annabel
06-08-2011, 03:18 AM
How exciting for you two! I had to do the festival thing too, to see the guys for my one & only (but hopefully not last) time. It was absolutely worth it though! :partytime: However, I'd only do it for the Eagles! 55,000 people at one venue is a bit much for me.

That's how I felt GL and why I bit the bullet to go. Have to see them at least once live.

OMG - have we got two Eagles virgins going to this? Well, just relax ladies and enjoy yourselves. Trust me, even though you will probably get a short set, it'll still be totally worth it. But I have to warn you, t'll probably make you want to see a full show even more though. :thumbsup:

Dreamer, Carole and I are :blush: but not for much longer. :yay: Of course WHEN they come back here I will have to go again. Reason to my DH will be that if I can go once I can go twice, and to a full show on their own please. ;-) Seems fair to me. :laugh:

sodascouts
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
That's right Melanie, and besides, you'll want to get a deluxe version of the concert to augment your festival experience. Have fun losing your Eagles virginity. ;)

cjhill
06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Cant believe its less than a month...that has come round sooo quick.:guitar::headbang:

Like many others, i would have preffered an arena gig but when it comes the the Eagles i will happily do a festival. Never seen them before either and think we are SO lucky to be getting a UK date this year thanks to those guys at the Hop Farm. Getting in and out of the venue will involve a lot of waiting though i fear:razz:

Annabel
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
That's right Melanie, and besides, you'll want to get a deluxe version of the concert to augment your festival experience. Have fun losing your Eagles virginity. ;)

Thanks Nancy. I'm sure we will. Right Carole. :drummer: :nahnah: :yay:

Annabel
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Cant believe its less than a month...that has come round sooo quick.:guitar::headbang:

Like many others, i would have preffered an arena gig but when it comes the the Eagles i will happily do a festival. Never seen them before either and think we are SO lucky to be getting a UK date this year thanks to those guys at the Hop Farm. Getting in and out of the venue will involve a lot of waiting though i fear:razz:

Wow, so we are 3 Eagles virgins then. :dizzy: :laugh:

Not thinking about all the faffing getting there (got to drop Tots off at my sister's house first before heading onto the festival) and the waiting and then getting back to the hotel. :shock: It'll all be fine :hmm: and well worth it.

The concert I'm going to on the following Monday is going to be a breeze. Train into Southampton, then coach straight to Wembley Stadium. Coach back to Southampton from Wembley and taxi home. About 4 -5 hours sleep then get up to get the girls off to school. :ack: DH can sort himself out lol.

tequila girl
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks Nancy. I'm sure we will. Right Carole. :drummer: :nahnah: :yay:

Definitely!!! :headbang:

sodascouts
06-08-2011, 12:39 PM

Another first-timer!

I've been to big festivals before and yes, transportation is always a nightmare - but it will be so worth it!

StephUK
06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

It's true what they say.....you never forget your first time!! I know you'll all have a great time. :nod:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for the day(though when the Eagles come on, you won't be thinking about the weather).

Troubadour
06-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Three Eagles virgins waiting for them in England? I bet the band thought those days were long gone! ;)

tequila girl
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Three Eagles virgins waiting for them in England? I bet the band thought those days were long gone! ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Annabel
06-09-2011, 11:29 AM
:rofl: Louise !!!!! :dizzy: :faint: ;)

tequila girl
06-10-2011, 08:49 AM
20 Days to Go!!!!!!!!

UK TimFan, could I be a pain and ask you to look into trains for me please (if you have the time!) it's all too confusing for me :dizzy: :confused:
I have to leave from Wroxham/Hoveton station on the morning of Friday 1st and return sometime on Saturday 2nd.....i'll be forever in your debt!

I susupect that you won't want to know this. :smile:
Last train from Paddock Wood to Aylesford on Fri 1 Jul is at 23.01hrs.
Arrives Aylesford 6.20hrs Sat 2 Jul, and involves three changes of train. :laugh: It also involves spending four and a half hours overnight on Strood station.
The earlier 'last train' leaves Paddock Wood 22.40hrs, and arrives Aylesford same day at 23.09.

Saturday last reasonable train departs Paddock Wood at 22.10, arriving Aylesford 22.39.
The two later trains involve 4 and 3 changes and over seven and a half hours travel time.

The Friday 23.50 train goes to London Bridge, but stops at Tonbridge at 23.57, so it would be far better for hubby to go there to pick you up. Though as Tonbridge is still fairly local to PW and therefore could be prone to heavy traffic, he could go to Sevenoaks, where the train arrives at 00.07 Saturday morning.

Going the other way, Paddock Wood to Ashford international trains leave every half hour with the last one 00.28 on Saturday morning. Journey time about half an hour. Aylesford to Ashford is basically straight down the M20, so should be a lot quicker even if the mileage is slightly further.

If you (or any of the other people going to PW) want help with trains, just yell, as I'm quite good at working my way round the National Rail site. :smile:

UK TimFan
06-10-2011, 04:00 PM
PM finally sent. :smile:

tequila girl
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
....and back at ya! :laugh:

Henley Honey
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
No one has done it in a few days, so allow me . . . . . .
16 days to go !!!!!

Anybody going sooner?? Germany??

Kinda makes my 143 days till Vegas seem like FOREVER !!
If anticipation makes it sweeter, I'll be in a sugar coma by then.

Annabel
06-15-2011, 03:36 AM
:hilarious: Having seen Koala's 13 days this morning in the Germany/Austria concerts thread, I was all set to do this here.

StephUK
06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I am SO keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for you all. It's been so changeable recently. Typical British summetime!

Annabel
06-16-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm keeping it all crossed. :hilarious: Really don't want weather like the last day for the IOW festival, or what we have today/ tomorrow/ Saturday and then again Monday. :brickwall: I know we need rain but please have a break. :worried:

ochiba kid 1
06-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Does anybody knoe any times yet for the friday, I will make the 25 mile :partytime:

Annabel
06-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Yep. They are now up on Hops Farm's web site.

Arena Gates:
Opens 11am each day

Band and Stage Times:
Starts at 12pm - Finishes 11pm

Mind you the festival guide says.

The main entertainment arenas will be open from 1am – 2am with live music on stages until 11:30pm. Again it may take time to get in and out of the arenas so please be patient.

Hope it doesn't take too long to exchange the tickets for the wristbands.

This made me laugh.

Remember, try not to leave the site at the same time as everyone else, you will be stuck in traffic and please bear in mind that it can take a few hours to clear a site as big as this...patience will be greatly appreciated.

What do they want us to do, liaise with everyone to see when they are going and make plans depending on their answers. :laugh:

cjhill
06-16-2011, 06:45 PM
This made me chuckle, yeah we all have each others phone numbers so can call and make prior arrangements for leaving the facility:hilarious:
I think we are planning to get there around noon but only really interested in seeing the EAGLES but i guess there'll be other stuff on. Not sure what time to head over to the main stage to wait for them to come on. I assume they will be on somewhere around 9pm.

Annabel
06-17-2011, 03:24 AM
14 days !!!!!!!!!! :nahnah:

TimothyBFan
06-17-2011, 07:08 AM

Till what? Did I miss something? :wink:

Annabel
06-17-2011, 08:26 AM
:hilarious: Willie.

Just been on my craft forum and my cousin who lives just up the road from the Hop farm said .....

There are signs up all around the Hop Farm saying that there is some kind of event on 1st/2nd July and there will be long delays - now I wonder what that could be http://www.charmedcrafttalk.com/forum/images/smilies/chin.gif http://www.charmedcrafttalk.com/forum/images/smilies/lolsign.gif

Bring it on I say. :grooving:

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2011, 09:42 AM
I just HOPE it rains all it likes over the next few days and gives you pure Sunshine for the festival. If it goes on much longer the mud'll still be there!

tequila girl
06-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh, you're getting it too are you Ga? :sad: :yuck: :evil: :evil:

Judy
06-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Only two short weeks! Getting really excited for you.

Annabel
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I just HOPE it rains all it likes over the next few days and gives you pure Sunshine for the festival. If it goes on much longer the mud'll still be there!

One good thing is Kent really needs the rain. Hoping though that it all gets soaked up and no muddy field in advance. What it does on the saturday and sunday I don't care. :nahnah: Won't be there. :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I know you guys are gonna have such great fun! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
This is getting exciting!!! :blueblob:

Annabel
06-22-2011, 04:19 AM
This is getting exciting!!! :blueblob:

OMG yes it is. :nahnah:

Summer appears to be booked for this weekend. Let's see if we can get a week's worth in at least. :hilarious:

9 days to go !!!!!!!

tequila girl
06-22-2011, 05:18 AM
9 days to go !!!!!!!

:partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

Prettymaid
06-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Ha! My first view of the flip off photo as an avatar. Don in all his glory!

Koala
06-22-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm so exited for you guys!
Can't wait to hear all details from you!

Annabel
06-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Is it too early to say

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it has gone 7pm here.:hilarious:

tequila girl
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Hahaha Funny enough I was just thinking the same thing!! :hilarious:

Annabel
06-23-2011, 02:24 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

tequila girl
06-23-2011, 03:00 PM
OMG I've just been looking at the Glastonbury photo's on Yahoo! News.......I hope it's not going to be like that at the Hop Farm!! :eyebrow: :fear: :hilarious:

Annabel
06-24-2011, 03:32 AM
:fear: Not looking Too scared to. :hilarious: IOW was bad enough and it only rained for the last day.

High pressure coming this weekend here though and very hot / humid. Koala is sending us the warmer weather from the continent I think. ;) Hoping the sun and warmth (but not too hot please) stays for the week.

BTW Officially 7 days now. :thumbsup:

cjhill
06-24-2011, 07:21 AM
OH YES!!! 7 Days to go!:partytime:

Cannot wait!!!

If we get a nice sunny day like today it will be ideal.

I was surprised when i bought my local paper today (which covers kent) to see pretty much nothing about the HFMF, although they did have a double page spread a few months ago but it hasnt been really promoted in this area.

Troubadour
06-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Hope the weather stays good for you!

tequila girl
06-26-2011, 11:33 AM
If it's anything like today i'll be happy!! :) :thumbsup:

StephUK
06-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I've just received an email from Ticketmaster for EAGLES only tickets at Hop Farm festival - going on sale tomorrow(Mon 27) @£44 + £3 fee.
Go to Ticketmaster.co.uk for details.

(Apologise if this info has already been posted)

Steph

tequila girl
06-26-2011, 02:31 PM
What!?!!?!?!?! :-x

How are they going to manage that I wonder?

cjhill
06-26-2011, 07:01 PM
hmmm,

hopefully they wont let those people in until 10 mins before the eagles come on stage so that they are stood way at the back:hilarious:

this is wrong though IMHO, I expect a lots of others (including my party)have paid £70 for the friday when they are only really there to see the headliners. Or perhaps they havent sold as many friday tickets as expected so are trying to sell off cheap at last minute, i know a few ticketing websites do this.

StephUK
06-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I think it said 7:30pm, so maybe that's when Eagles-only ticket holders will be let in.
Don't know if they are doing the same for headline acts on the other days.

Annabel
06-27-2011, 02:40 AM
I got that email too yesterday on my new phone but my DH had the PC (and I was busy playing ... erm learning lol). Not too impressed. :eyebrow: :brickwall:

tequila girl
06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
It's not been said for a few days.....

3 days to go!!!

Annabel
06-28-2011, 01:08 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 12:49 AM
It's a'comin'! ;) I'm very excited for you all!

Annabel
06-29-2011, 02:22 AM
2 days !!!!!!!! :nahnah:

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Just please don't try this (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-impersonates-police-officer-to-sneak-inside-festival.html), ladies, if you lose your tickets. I'm not bailing you out!

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 07:47 AM
DON'T give them any ideas.....:worried:

Annabel
06-29-2011, 08:01 AM
:hmm: I wonder ...... :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 08:51 AM
"Yes, Mr. Henley, I've been hired by the festival to be your bodyguard... I may not look very intimidating but I know judo!" ;)

Annabel
06-29-2011, 08:57 AM
:hmm: my DH has a karate gi. Sorted. :thumbsup: I wonder how close to his body I could get as a personal guard. :nahnah: :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Oh, this is getting good...Annabel's going to wear her husband's karate gi and we learned yesterday that TG looks like this...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n242/Mellie1961/witchyhop.gif

Yep, I think someone should warn Don ahead of time! :hilarious:

Annabel
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
:hilarious: :hilarious: Now who can't wait to see the photos. ;)

Slight derail here (sorry) but found this post on FB by Hop Farm re Prince (who is headlining on Sunday night.)

Prince is on last, we would recommend getting into the arena for 7:30pm ish to get yourself a good spot. He will finish at 11pmNow that has me wondering and hoping that maybe the Eagles will do 2 and 1/2 hours too. :shrug: That of course would be fine by me. The little extra email Steph and I had from Ticketmaster about Eagles only tickets had the time as 7.30. ???? Might try posting to ask and see if I can get an answer from them? Fingers crossed chaps. ;)

BTW, just seen another post asking if there will be big screens at the side of the stage this time. :worried: I hope so.

Brooke
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Just please don't try this (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-impersonates-police-officer-to-sneak-inside-festival.html), ladies, if you lose your tickets. I'm not bailing you out!

Oh my, can you imagine! Too funny!

At least our girls have their own tickets, so we may be safe! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I would be very surprised if they change the setlist for the festival.

Annabel
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Oh my, can you imagine! Too funny!

At least our girls have their own tickets, so we may be safe! :hilarious:

Well I have had a nightmare that I forgot my tickets. :fear: So maybe not. :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I remember having a nightmare that I missed my plane to the States a week before I was due to see the guys in San Jose. Terrifying!

I am so excited for all of you. I wish I was going to meet you all there, but I'm looking forward to your reviews and pictures. Have a great time, and blow Don a kiss from me!

Henley Honey
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Hope you all have a fabulous time!!!
Wishing you good weather as well. Blow them a kiss for me! :xoxo:
Take it all in and enjoy every second!

Judy
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Troub, Soda, PM, Annabel-you're killing me. :hilarious:

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Well girls, I too hope you have a wonderful time! Please blow Glenn :heart: a big kiss for me. I'm sure he'll look stunning. Take care of yourselves xxx

StephUK
06-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Certainly will do!

Koala
06-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Hope you all have a fantastic time! I'm looking forward to hear everything!

Annabel
06-30-2011, 07:04 AM
1 Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait. This time tomorrow we will be so close we can smell the atmosphere. :partytime: Weather beautiful today and set to be the same tomorrow. Gonna be a great day. :thumbsup:

cjhill
06-30-2011, 07:15 AM
OH YES!!! Sooooo close now i cant wait! Weather forecast looks good as well:partytime:

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 07:35 AM
So glad to hear your weather looks good for tomorrow. Get a good spot, have a great time and tell us all about it!

WalshFan88
06-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Have fun all! Can't wait to see the review(s) and pics!

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Great news about the weather! So excited for all of you.

If anyone gets to see Brandon Flowers and Morrissey at the concert, could you take a few notes for me? (Only if possible, I know the Eagles are the main attraction! ;))

Annabel
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Morrisey is headling on Saturday Lou, but Brandon Flowers is there tomorrow. That's FRIDAY :thumbsup: Anything particular you are interested in for him?

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Ah, I see! Well, if you could get a few pics that would be WONDERFUL. And just a brief overview of his performance, I guess - the songs he sang. Don't worry if you can't remember or you're not too familiar with his stuff. Just thought I'd ask as I like him and have never seen him live!

Annabel
06-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Will see what we can do. :thumbsup: I like him and so does my daughter so we know some of his stuff. Then of course if we don't know it, we could hum you a tune when we get back home, you might get it from that.... okay. :hilarious:

Koala
07-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Today is the day!!!! Are you all excited already?

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear all details!

EaglesKiwi
07-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Hope you all have a wonderful time! Go the Eagles virgins!!

ochiba kid 1
07-01-2011, 04:58 AM
today is the day, weather looks good, we are about to leave about noon, hopefully no more than an hours drive, if the traffic is bad that is,, then back home in my own bed nice and clean no grubby tent LOL,
all the best to all that go, if anyone meets the guys I will pay handsomely for any personalised autographs To Gary, who wants to earn a few quid then ?

Gary:partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime::p artytime::partytime:

TimothyBFan
07-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I know Melanie and Carole have already met up and on their way!! How freakin' exciting this is---especially since they are both Eagles virgins!!! Hope they check again.

UK TimFan
07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I know Melanie and Carole have already met up and on their way!! How freakin' exciting this is---especially since they are both Eagles virgins!!! Hope they check again.
I was going to check how they were(are?) getting on a little later, but nice to know that they've met.

I live less than 20 miles in a straight line from the Hop Farm. Hubby has hung some washing outside to dry - and true to form the weather has now clouded over. I've had a rant saying that it will be all his fault if my Tim gets wet.
His reply was somewhat less than polite, included the rest of the Eagles, and when informed that he would have my fellow Borderers to answer to, I was told to inform you that we're all very sad people.:hilarious:

Fortunately for him, he's not a millionaire else he'd be heading for the divorce courts and half a million would be heading my way. :grin:

Henley Honey
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Just for that -- when he's done with the laundry, tell him its time to clean the "loo".

UK TimFan
07-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Just for that -- when he's done with the laundry, tell him its time to clean the "loo".
We have two loos, which from their positions in the house are basically 'his' and 'hers' and, in fairness, he does clean 'his'.
And I get a cup of tea in the mornings as soon as I get up (wouldn't appreciate the tea while I'm still in bed :smile:), so he's not all bad. :love:

Update on the weather is that it's still fine at mine, with a few grey clouds lurking about in the sunshine. Warm but not baking hot. If it's similar at the Hop Farm (preferably minus the grey clouds!) it should be almost ideal.

Brooke
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME EVERYONE!

And get right back here to tell us all about it! We can't wait! :wink:

UK TimFan
07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I've just spoken to Carole.
Weather's fine, they're enjoying themselves, and Carole and Melanie have met Gary, and are just waiting for Steph for arrive.

I told her everyone wants a full report so they'd better take lots of notes, but got a 'oh we won't have time to make notes' answer.

HOW MEAN IS THAT? :unimpressed:

So it sounds as if we'll be lucky to get more than 'The Eagles came on stage to huge applause. They all looked wonderful, sang lots of songs, and left the stage to more huge applause'. :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Ha! Sounds like they're all wrapped up in the moment and having fun. I'm glad they found each other. The guys must be on stage right now. SIGH! Can't wait to hear what the girls (and Gary!) say...

Prettymaid
07-01-2011, 05:40 PM
It's all over now except for the reviews!

Annabel
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I've just spoken to Carole.
Weather's fine, they're enjoying themselves, and Carole and Melanie have met Gary, and are just waiting for Steph for arrive.

I told her everyone wants a full report so they'd better take lots of notes, but got a 'oh we won't have time to make notes' answer.

HOW MEAN IS THAT? :unimpressed:

So it sounds as if we'll be lucky to get more than 'The Eagles came on stage to huge applause. They all looked wonderful, sang lots of songs, and left the stage to more huge applause'. :hilarious:

:hilarious: Just seeing this. At least it would have been true lol.
I was so prepared to 'do my best' (once a Brownie /Girl Guide always in the girl scouting movement eh! ) for you all that I went prepared with a typed out list of the shortened setlist and an Ikea pencil in my pocket in cse we got more (or as it turned out less). Must just check next time that the pencil DD2 gives me is sharpened :rolleyes: