PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! A video for River of Dreams!!

sodascouts
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Remember a while back Freygirl asked if anybody had seen the River of Dreams video, and we were all "Huh? There's a ROD video?"

Well, I just stumbled across it this morning. It stars Cindy Frey and it is too sweet for words. It's AWESOME!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River of Dreams Video (http://www.singingfool.com/Music/Video/RIVER_OF_DREAMS/T00770042.htm)

Randy's Girl
02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh, Soda, that was amazing! I loved the song before, but now it just seems so much more meaningful. They looked like they had so much fun making that video, and the film matched the song. Just perfect. Thanks Soda, it even makes me want to follow Glenn up into the mountains!

sodascouts
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Hmm, I'm not able to get screen shots. Can anyone else?

Brooke
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Awwww! That's so cute! It's perfect! :D

Anyone else think Cindy looks like she might be pregnant in the print dress?

timfan
02-28-2007, 02:29 PM
That has to be the sweetest video I have ever seen.. they are obviously so in LOVE :inlove: It's adorable!

Thanks for finding it Soda! :D

sodascouts
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
My pleasure!

Brooke, the vid's from 1992/1993, so she would have been pregnant with Small Frey #2.

freygirl
02-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Can I say you don't know what this does to encourage me I'm not gettin' senile in my mid forties. :D

glenneaglesfan
02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
OMG!!!! :shock: :shock: :D What a find!!!! That is just beautiful.

Wonderful, Soda, thank you very much indeed!!!

freyfanatic
02-28-2007, 03:58 PM
That was the sweetest thing I've every seen... they are such a great couple :love:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay - I'm unable to get this to play. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong. I' m at work now, but I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Freypower
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
That was utterly perfect. No, I couldn't get screen shots. When I tried, the screen had black lines all over it. :cry:

What a find, nonetheless.

sodascouts
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Dreamer - maybe your work blocks ActiveX, which is the file type, I believe. Some firewalls do block it.

I'm going to try to figure something out with the screen shots. I want 'em bad!

Freypower
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
It was the part with the baby chicken .... and then when she sprayed him with water..... :smitten: :inlove: :makeout:

sodascouts
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Sigh. The video is so romantic in every way! I like when he's standing in the river, pushing her in the swing, or they are walking together with their arms around each other. :love:

Perfect Little Sister
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
What a fantastic find!!! A great video for a really great song!! Let's just hope this stays available for people to watch. :wink:

Z
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Cindy is just so adorable! I love when they are walking arm in arm and her hand slides down from his waist to his..... well, let's just say, she's my kind of gal! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Remember a while back Freygirl asked if anybody had seen the River of Dreams video, and we were all "Huh? There's a ROD video?"

Well, I just stumbled across it this morning. It stars Cindy Frey and it is too sweet for words. It's AWESOME!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River of Dreams Video (http://www.singingfool.com/Music/Video/RIVER_OF_DREAMS/T00770042.htm)

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Its so fantastic. Its perfect...they're perfect!!

02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Cindy is just so adorable! I love when they are walking arm in arm and her hand slides down from his waist to his..... well, let's just say, she's my kind of gal! :wink:

And who could blame her! I don't know if I can add anything here that hasn't already been said - they are just an absolutely gorgeous couple. I wonder if that wide grin is permanently planted on Cindy's face. :D

BTW Soda - thanks for the info about ActiveX - that must've been the problem. I didn't have any problem viewing this on my home PC.

EasyFeeling
03-01-2007, 04:22 AM
:shock: :shock: OMG, a video of River Of Dreams... and I can't watch it here on work. :cry:
Soda, is it possible to save it on your site so we can download it? :?

sodascouts
03-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't see a way of downloading it now, EF. I'll try to figure something out.

Maleah
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I watched it..........sort of :? lol It was very choppy for me for some reason. But what I saw was adorable :D Cindy is a very beautiful lady.......and Glenn........well what can you say that hasn't been said already? ;)

timfan
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
I watched it..........sort of :? lol It was very choppy for me for some reason.

Sometimes its very choppy for me too but other times it clear as a bell.. I think its just inconstiency in the host server :) but I'm happy to have it anyway!

Edited to add: I think I may have discoverd why it is choppy(maybe :blush: ) It appears when you play the video in the small screen setting it is not choppy but when you try to play it in the medium, large or full screen setting it gets choppy ( at least for me). I just played it once in medium setting and it was choppy and then played it in the small setting and it was fine, no stalling at all.

EasyFeeling
03-01-2007, 02:25 PM
:shock: Wow, what a wonderful and romantic video!!! :D And at the end when they look at each other <siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh>

sodascouts
03-02-2007, 11:57 AM
And I made a video page for it!

"River of Dreams" video page (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/solo/moviestv/rod.htm)

Perfect Little Sister
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Great job on all those caps Soda!

Freypower
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Those are wonderful, Soda, thank you.

glenneaglesfan
03-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I've been away for a couple of days, and have been thinking about this video. It's so beautiful, seeing them so happy together. Those captures are wonderful. Thanks, Soda!

DonFan
03-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I just watched the video and I agree with everyone--they are so sweet together. It is great to see a show-biz couple who look so genuinely happy with each other.

Don't you know their children love watching their parents together on a video like that?

DonFan
03-03-2007, 03:05 PM
You are right there, but someday, when their kids are older, they will appreciate it. My parents were married and in love for over 50 years, and Dad is gone now--I would give anything if I had video of my parents when they were young & in love like that.

sodascouts
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
That's true. Now that I'm older, I think it's cute when my parents get like that. They're about to celebrate their 40th anniversary this June, and they still hold hands when they walk down the street together. I hope one day I find someone who'll still love me after four decades!

EasyFeeling
03-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh, this is so sweet with your parents, Soda. :D
To be honest I give up hoping for a lifelong relationship. Many of my friends are having a lot of problems. As for me I'm rather alone than having a bad and unharmonious relationship. :roll:

03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I couldn't agree more, EF. I decided that after all the years it took me to gain my self-esteem and independence that I have no reason to give it up now. After several failed relationships and broken hearts, I am now very happy with my life.

I'm single by choice. I've been dating my SO for over 4 years now. Although he is a wonderful man and my best friend, I am not interested in getting married. At least, that's how I feel now, but I've also learned to never say never. I'm not against marriage - I'm just against marriage for me. I say congrats to all of those who have managed to find happiness, no matter what form it takes. And best of luck to those who are still searching for it.

One thing I believe is that ultimately happiness comes from within yourself. It's a pretty big burden to lay on someone else if you try to make them responsible for your happiness. As I always say "it's a full-time job just being me." :wink:

sodascouts
03-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Amen, ladies. I say, better single than settling. I ended my last relationship not because he was a bad guy, but because I didn't love him enough to marry him. I figure, if I can't find someone I love passionately and totally, I'm not going to get married either. I'm never going to be one of those women who winds up with a man they don't feel strongly about or, worse yet, gets so desperate for a man that they wind up with a real loser. Better alone than that!

03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Again - I agree Soda. Particularly since, according to this video, Mr. Perfect is already spoken for. :twisted: :wink:

EasyFeeling
03-05-2007, 06:29 AM
I couldn't agree more, EF. I decided that after all the years it took me to gain my self-esteem and independence that I have no reason to give it up now. After several failed relationships and broken hearts, I am now very happy with my life.

I'm single by choice. I've been dating my SO for over 4 years now. Although he is a wonderful man and my best friend, I am not interested in getting married. At least, that's how I feel now, but I've also learned to never say never. I'm not against marriage - I'm just against marriage for me. I say congrats to all of those who have managed to find happiness, no matter what form it takes. And best of luck to those who are still searching for it.

One thing I believe is that ultimately happiness comes from within yourself. It's a pretty big burden to lay on someone else if you try to make them responsible for your happiness. As I always say "it's a full-time job just being me." :wink:

I totally agree with all what you've said, Dreamer. I couldn't have said it better. :wink:

EasyFeeling
03-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I know it's not the right place to post it but since we talked about relationships I hope you will forgive me.

Can you imagine I'm fond of my boss or rather my ex-boss? :shock: He left our department 3 months ago. I've never seen the man in him always the boss. And now I think he's really hot. Always when he comes here to attend meetings or I see him in our canteen I get really nervous. :blush: This is crazy. He is married and has three kids. But I don't know further particulars if he's happily married or so. And I don't know if he already noticed my changed manner. :blush:
Last week he came into our office and asked for a coffee. While he was waiting for it we talked for a while and then he smiled at me and said: Oh, did you changed your hair color?
Holy crap, I didn't know what I should say. I answered something I don't know what is was. Shortly after that he left our office.
To be honest I don't know what I can do. That man makes me crazy. :shock:

sodascouts
03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
If I were you, I would try very hard not to think about him in "that way." Married men = hands off! Yes, many of us have crushes on married Eagles, but that's fantasy. If you have a real-life situation, it's another matter.

EasyFeeling
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I know, I know, I know.

03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree with Soda. EF, try to forget about this guy. It seems to me that getting involved in that kind of situation is almost surely a formula for disappointment and heartache.

Gushing over married Eagles, on the other hand, is pretty harmless since we know it's not real life.

EasyFeeling
03-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Don't worry ladies, I will control myself. :wink: But I must admit workdays are more exciting now. :twisted:

SweetHolly
03-16-2007, 02:57 AM
I love this video. It's so sweet. Makes me appreciate the song even more. :wink: