PDA

View Full Version : RIP Elizabeth Taylor

EagleLady
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
She died at age 79 of Congestive Heart Failure today. May She RIP.

TimothyBFan
03-23-2011, 10:33 AM
My hubby just called to tell me this. So sad but she hasn't been well for years. RIP Elizabeth!!

MikeA
03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Lots and Lots of memories of Liz and Richard. I had heard that she was in pretty bad physical shape and has been for years.

Sad.

cynd1231
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM
The world has lost an icon, not just in the entertainment industry but in so many humanitarian causes. She'll be missed but her legacy lives on.

Mrs Frey
03-24-2011, 06:46 AM
So sad. Such an exquisite beauty and great actress. She is now released from her pain.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Well - the world has lost a true legend, but her memory will live on! My thoughts are with her friends and family.

R.I.P. Dame Elizabeth

sodascouts
03-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Wow! She was an icon and will be sorely missed. Ironically, just a few days ago I showed a student Doctor Faustus starting Taylor and her then-husband Richard Burton. What a life she led! RIP.

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes! This is truly the passing of a Legend. May she Rest in Peace.

This is just a little anecdote that I remember. Of course it was a long time ago. But I think its accurate for the most part:

I remember listening to an interview with her way back, maybe about 25 years ago. She was recounting that once when she was really ill with pneumonia, at one stage she felt like she was looking down on her body on the bed, and the medical people working on her. She then started to float forward and was in a beautiful garden where she saw the faces of all of her husbands, but those who had passed away seemed stronger. Anyway Richard Burton started to call her to him, then suddenly he said 'No, go back, its not time yet'. A little while later she woke up in her hospital bed.

sodascouts
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Interesting!

Speaking of Richard Burton, I found this very romantic:

Liz Taylor takes Burton's final letter to grave (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Liz-Taylor-takes-Burton-s-final-letter-to-grave/Article1-679269.aspx)

Freypower
04-01-2011, 08:38 PM
That's a bit like Elizabeth I and her 'His Last Letter' from the love of her life, the Earl of Leicester.:inlove:

The two of them were so great together in The Taming of the Shrew & Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf; they should have tried to emulate Olivier & Leigh & do some of the great Shakespearean roles on stage (Macbeth would have been perfect).