PDA

View Full Version : Press and Discussion about Joe's New Album "Analog Man"

Pages : [1] 2

jdubfan
12-23-2010, 10:14 PM
New album possibly April/May!! Could be called "I Used To Be A Plastic Bottle" ??
http://www.undercover.fm/news/13165-video-eagles-to-play-their-first-ever-china-gigs

sodascouts
12-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a great title to me! lol

We've got some more talking about it going on here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225&page=59

WalshFan88
12-24-2010, 05:17 AM
VERY excited about the new album! I can't wait! I'll wear it out I'm sure. :hilarious: I still buy CD's. Haven't jumped on the digital bandwagon yet!

AzEaglesFan
12-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Give me a CD in my hand anytime. I like to know who wrote the song and who plays on it. Love the pictures, also all the dedications. and the people they thank that made it all possible.

ticky
12-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Im lovin' the whole new album thing too! but personally, I download the music from Itunes or Amazon and write it to my external Hard Drive, then, if it's available, I buy the vinyl album. It there's no vinyl available. I'll just buy the CD and rip it to my HD. The Vinyls have such better art work and liner notes. Im really hoping more artists start putting vinyls out there (Im also hoping Santa brings me a digital record player! *G* I have an analog one I'll be passing down to the next generation this year)

I was also very heartened to hear Joe say he thought The Eagles had at least one more album in them *G* YAY!!

MikeA
12-26-2010, 03:14 PM
It sounds like it's really going to happen doesn't it? I can not be blasé about this! Just to hear Joe play and sing new material. Material that is bound to be the so-far culmination of over 50 years of musicology. It's sort of mind boggling!

And consider the tours if and when Eagles release yet another platter! Think of the changes in the set lists <LOL>

jdubfan
12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
AND he said, and I quote "It rocks" oh yeah baby!!!

Joe's said in the past that he would tour to support his new cd too, wonder when he'd have time to do that. Eagles seem like they're gonna be pretty busy for a while yet. Nice problem to have, I guess. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
12-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I can't wait for Joe to tour - I've never seen him solo (Party of Two and James Gang don't count). This IS exciting!

tequila girl
12-28-2010, 07:09 AM
What's the betting (if it does happen) that Ringo tags along! :hilarious:

Koala
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Joe Walsh to Release First Solo Album in 18 Years

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/joe-walsh-1228/

jdubfan
12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
It's-a so nice to see this in print everywhere, like it makes it more true! :partytime:
Cannot wait!!

TimothyBFan
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
This is so exciting!! I'm with you about seeing it in writing in several places...makes it seem official now.

Im lovin' the whole new album thing too! but personally, I download the music from Itunes or Amazon and write it to my external Hard Drive,

:shock: :dizzy: HUH? I guess that's why I always buy the hard copy also.

The Vinyls have such better art work and liner notes. Im really hoping more artists start putting vinyls out there (Im also hoping Santa brings me a digital record player! *G* I have an analog one I'll be passing down to the next generation this year)

Preaching to the choir here!!! LOVE my vinyl. And if you need to give your old turntable a loving home, ship it to Indiana. We have a loving home for wayward turntables that no one want anymore. :hilarious:

What's the betting (if it does happen) that Ringo tags along!

Ooooh.... hadn't thought of that! How cool would that be?!?!?

WalshFan88
12-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Joe Walsh to Release First Solo Album in 18 Years

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/joe-walsh-1228/

I subscribe to that site (obviously they are guitar makers, that's why! :D) and I saw that. Made me very happy to read that. I pray that he does a tour and comes to Central IL.. I'll be there (probably front row) if so. I'm crossing my fingers.

sodascouts
12-31-2010, 05:20 PM
While it is cool that this story is showing up everywhere, I should say that since all the stories are echoing what Joe told Undercover (his interview with them is duly credited) and have no additional information, the fact that there are a lot of repeats of the same story doesn't lend it any more credence than it already had in the first place.

Still, I feel good about a new album based on the original interview which we saw.

Prettymaid
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
I subscribe to that site (obviously they are guitar makers, that's why! :D) and I saw that. Made me very happy to read that. I pray that he does a tour and comes to Central IL.. I'll be there (probably front row) if so. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'll be right beside you WF!

TimothyBFan
01-01-2011, 12:35 PM

And I have a feeling we'll be there also!! :pray:

jdubfan
01-01-2011, 12:42 PM
While it is cool that this story is showing up everywhere, I should say that since all the stories are echoing what Joe told Undercover (his interview with them is duly credited) and have no additional information, the fact that there are a lot of repeats of the same story doesn't lend it any more credence than it already had in the first place.

Still, I feel good about a new album based on the original interview which we saw.

Obviously these are reiterations of the same news, the impressive thing that it is newsworthy and there's considerable anticipation for new material from Joe, enough that it's showing up "everywhere". After almost 20 years of very little, it's great. The thing I'm most glad to hear is he's making this because he "wants to, not because he has to". Thankful that the spirits that are still stirring, and that he has something to say to us.

Prettymaid
01-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Deb, I just love reading your posts! They are so positive-Joe that they make me feel great!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-01-2011, 03:42 PM
ITA about it being a very good sign that others are finding the Undercovers interview of Joe's newsworthy enough to make it worth repeating. Seems like there may be a bit of excitement in the air. And you can bet that if there are any Joe solo shows in the future, I will be at one or more of them if at all possible! :pray:

sodascouts
01-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm going to at least one Joe show no matter how far I have to drive!

jdubfan
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks PM, I'm having one of those complicated "character building" times in my life apparently, not a lot's going my way. When I'm in the midst of a low spot, I tend to look to Joe's music for relaxation and reaffimation, in a sense. I know that sounds stupid, but I've done it so long, I guess it's a habit. And not one I'm likely to quit! It means a lot to me. And yet again, Joe knows what I need, and what I need now is some new Joe, so Thanks Joe! I still can't wait. And I'm trying to not hope about a Joe or Eagles tour yet....but that would be ok too, if I have to sell Lefty for a ticket. (Don't ask....)

and i luv, luv, luv yer new av!!

WalshFan88
01-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Sounds good! I'll be there no doubt, even if I have to walk! :hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
01-02-2011, 09:10 AM
That article just made me a very happy girl. I even put the link as my facebook status (even though my friends only care about Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift :lol:) I WILL be at a Joe concert. I'm determined to do anything to get there too :)

jdubfan-it's not stupid, I do it too!

sodascouts
01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm having one of those complicated "character building" times in my life apparently, not a lot's going my way. When I'm in the midst of a low spot, I tend to look to Joe's music for relaxation and reaffimation, in a sense. I know that sounds stupid, but I've done it so long, I guess it's a habit. And not one I'm likely to quit! It means a lot to me. And yet again, Joe knows what I need, and what I need now is some new Joe, so Thanks Joe! I still can't wait. And I'm trying to not hope about a Joe or Eagles tour yet....but that would be ok too, if I have to sell Lefty for a ticket. (Don't ask....)

I think this is wonderful and I bet if Joe knew, he would be proud that his music has the power to help you endure a tough time.

And you're right, I guess we should not count on a Joe tour, but still... I am jazzed about the possibility!

Prettymaid
01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I found the Sirius channel, Classic Vinyl that TBF recommended to me in the First Eagle song of 2011 thread and the DJ just talked about Joe Walsh putting out a new album. She told the 'I used to be a plastic bottle' story!

jdubfan
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I think this is wonderful and I bet if Joe knew, he would be proud that his music has the power to help you endure a tough time.

My friends and family are convinced he does know about me, but they mention things like ocd, stalker and restraining orders.....:eyebrow:

but if you see him, you might put in a good word for me ;)

jdubfan
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Kinda sounding like ICON and Ringo are gonna beat any new Joe that comes out, we're back to "hopefully this year"...:weep:

http://www.b1027.com/music/rock-report/13361-joe-walsh-a-ringo-new-albums-this-year.html

Prettymaid
02-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Stop toying with us! :ack:

TimothyBFan
02-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Doesn't look as if he's in any hurry to get this released does it? Come on Joe---we are very anxiously awaiting this!!

jdubfan
02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I imagine there'd be hell to pay if he released this while still "Being an Eagle" so it's probly not totally under his control. I just keep thinking about how great it's going to be when we do get it, he sounds very pleased. Bet it :headbang:

02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Well - I don't think anyone in the Eagles' organization has objections to any of the guys working on solo projects. But I do think the general conscensus is that the 'mothership' comes first (as it should, IMO). Surely Joe knew the band would be touring this year when he said the CD would be out this spring so maybe other problems have come up that are delaying the release. In any event, we are eagerly awaiting it, so I sure hope it comes out this year.

sodascouts
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Hopefully all the encouragement from the callers a bit ago will give him an impetus to get on with it. He has said there is very little left to do, so it shouldn't interfere with the "mothership" too terribly! The guys had no issues with Expando so I imagine they do not have a problem with solo albums being released while the Eagles are on "active duty" as long as it does not interfere with the time commitment the Eagles require.

MikeA
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Man, I think that if I were Joe and the thing was that close to being ready for delivery, I'd be seriously considering pumping it up....dropping out some "snippets" from songs on the proposed release. Get the potential market all pumped up with it so that once announced he would be flooded with pre-orders!

I mean, I'm already on the list for all intents and purposes, but if I could hear some of the "tone" of the album, friends of mine who might not otherwise get on the wagon might start drooling in anticipation!

sodascouts
04-12-2011, 02:54 AM
I separated out the press on Joe's new album from the larger press thread because this is big news that will only get bigger! Assuming, of course, the release date doesn't get pushed back even further...

WalshFan88
04-12-2011, 04:55 AM
I would hope to shout that he wouldn't push the release date back any further. :-(

jdubfan
04-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I would hope to shout that he wouldn't push the release date back any further. :-(

From yur lips to Joe's (Irving's?) ears!! There's some very tantilizing comments being made by people in the know about how good it is. Lucy's said he's taken his music to a whole new level....Ringo says it rocks like crazy. As they say, good things come to those who wait....I'm just a lil bit tired of waiting, but sounds like it's going to be worth it. I'm needin' me some new Joe. Anytime now would be fine.

I recently checked the "Icon" CD that's been listed on Amazon and it's available for pre-order, but the release date has "not been set"...:unimpressed:

Come ON Joe, please? Whatcha doin?

WalshFan88
04-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Now that's just teasing me! :eyebrow: I wanna hear the damn thing!!!!

C'mon Joeeeeeee.

tbs fanatic
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Now the 'Icon' cd is just a 'greatest hits' cd, right? We are still awaiting a title for the 'new cd' plus a date :-? (have I got that right?).

04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I think that's right, Jill, but someone please correct me if it's not.

sodascouts
04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
That's right as far as I know.

WalshFan88
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting Joe's new solo album. I'm hoping he does a tour..

MikeA
04-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Wonder who'd be picked by Joe for his backing band? Fox and Peters maybe? Or might we hope "Stone Temple Pilot".

AzEaglesFan
04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I just got a notice from Amazon, that the Joe Walsh Icon CD release date has still not been announced.
Amazon is still calling it Joe Walsh Icon but that can change before it's released.

WalshFan88
04-30-2011, 05:28 AM
I just got a notice from Amazon, that the Joe Walsh Icon CD release date has still not been announced.
Amazon is still calling it Joe Walsh Icon but that can change before it's released.

Hmmmm.

jdubfan
04-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Amazon has a ton of artists that they've bundled a best-of cd and called it Icon-whomever. At first I thought it was for women, 'cause it was for Cher, Sheryl Crow, etc. But now there's Clapton, BB King, Bryan Adams, bunches of 'em. A marketing ploy to reboot greatest hits I'm guessing, but they're priced right.

EaglesFanatic
08-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Is anyone else getting really anxious for this album? Maybe now that the Eagles tour is over, we can expect it sometime soon?

WalshFan88
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Is anyone else getting really anxious for this album? Maybe now that the Eagles tour is over, we can expect it sometime soon?

I am! I am getting more impatient as time goes on. And I hate to say it, but I'm losing faith also that we will ever get to hear it. I wish Joe would release it NOW. Also a solo tour would be nice but I definitely want to hear this album.

sodascouts
08-03-2011, 12:12 PM
It's too early to lose faith! I think, like LROOE, we'll just get it later than first estimated.

whitcap
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I read last night that Ringo Starr is working on a new album. Maybe Joe is waiting until Ringo's album is released to release his for some reason.

EaglesFanatic
08-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I wonder if there will be a Theme From _______ Weirdos track on his new album. He's had Theme From Boat Weirdos, " " Island Weirdos, and " " Baroque Weirdos in the past...

sodascouts
08-13-2011, 11:45 PM
I wonder if there will be a Theme From _______ Weirdos track on his new album. He's had Theme From Boat Weirdos, " " Island Weirdos, and " " Baroque Weirdos in the past...

Good question. That would be cool, I think.

ticky
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
In the "Barnstorm Reunion" Facebook page, Joe V posted he was going to start working on "Theme from Barnstorm Weirdos" but Im pretty sure he was joking. Still, I'd love to hear it *G*

jdubfan
08-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Tonight on "BR" fb, Mark said he had just talked to a very happy sounding Joe who said the music is in it's final mixing and should out soon.....heard it before, but this is what Joe's saying now.

:thumbsup: :nahnah: :partytime: :hilarious: :guitar: :headbang: :rockguitar: :thud:

The only thing he's worried about is the reception of the record, given the current status of record stores (or no record stores as it were)...Mark told him not to worry, his fans would get the word out, and he liked that :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
08-20-2011, 01:56 AM
YAY! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

That's what I like to hear.

EaglesKiwi
08-22-2011, 05:04 AM
The only thing he's worried about is the reception of the record, given the current status of record stores (or no record stores as it were)...Mark told him not to worry, his fans would get the word out, and he liked that :thumbsup:
Oh yes indeedy.:):thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
We'll get the word out for you Joe!

jdubfan
09-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Mark had another blurb from Joe, saying the new record would be out in the new year....later than I care for, but something to look forward to, eventually, maybe, some day.... :scowl:

COME ON JOE!!

WalshFan88
09-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Mark had another blurb from Joe, saying the new record would be out in the new year....later than I care for, but something to look forward to, eventually, maybe, some day.... :scowl:

COME ON JOE!!

+1 I feel the same way!

sodascouts
09-10-2011, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the update - hearing about a release date in the new year is better than not hearing anything - but like you I wanna say

COME ON JOE!!

Topkat
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to hearing Joe's new CD! Can't wait

WalshFan88
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
MORE NEWS ABOUT THE ALBUM!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-analog-man-new-album/

It will be called "Analog Man" and released in Winter 2012.

I LOVE the title! Seriously - I'm analog all the way and I love the title.

Prettymaid
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
WINTER 2012?!!? We're dying here, Joe!

WalshFan88
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
WINTER 2012?!!? We're dying here, Joe!

I know.... I'm just happy it's done and has a name.... Which is further than we were at the last interview. But I know - I wish he'd just put it out now since it's already done.

Freypower
10-10-2011, 07:18 PM
He still does have the Eagles to consider. Winter 2012.... that isn't until December next year. That does mean he won't be competing with the Frey & Henley albums.

It's a great title, although with my heritage I would spell it 'Analogue Man' but this comes after a previous album by him which I would spell 'There Goes The Neighbourhood'.

You go Joe! :partytime: :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Maybe he means Winter 2012 as in this coming January / February?

WalshFan88
10-11-2011, 12:43 AM

I hope you're right! :) I'm praying that's the case.

A Joe solo show and a new Joe album would definitely start my year off right. ;) Not to mention an Eagles show if they come to Chicago.

Freypower
10-11-2011, 04:54 PM

I thought of that later & that would make much more sense.

10-11-2011, 07:06 PM

Yeah - I'm thinking that's what they mean too. At least, I hope so. And I like the title - it's very 'Joe'. :thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
10-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm happy it's official, and there's sort of a release date. Can't wait to hear it!!

WalshFan88
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
The more and more I think about it - this upcoming Winter makes a lot more sense. I'm hoping they mean Winter 2012 as in this January/February like Soda mentioned and not Christmas 2012. I'm just going to keep telling myself it is this winter. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
10-13-2011, 04:29 AM
JOE'S ALBUM IS COMING OUT IN FEBRUARY!

Soda was right - it's THIS winter! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

Listen to the intro on this video and him talking about the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbcqyVwhIrQ

I'm so happy right now I could cry. :hilarious:

Freypower
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm happy too, because there will apparently be THREE solo albums, as well as Felder's, next year. Joe's album it appears is coming out in the same month as Glenn's.

sodascouts
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
When was the last time so many Eagles released solo albums so close together? I'm thinking the eighties!

whitcap
10-13-2011, 10:49 PM
When was the last time so many Eagles released solo albums so close together? I'm thinking the eighties!

If Joe, Glenn and Dons Henley and Felder all release solo albums next year it will be the most Eagles/solo albums ever released in a single year.

sodascouts
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Cool!

This was just posted by 3Encores:

http://newsok.com/joe-walsh-life-is-still-good-at-63/article/3612712?custom_click=columnist

Brooke
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
:ack: I love this part!

“We don't want to become a Vegas lounge act,” he said. “We're not done yet, but we need a new show. Everybody's seen our show. ... I think we're going to maybe do a retrospective, almost like a documentary. We're gonna dig up old songs from ‘Desperado' and ‘On the Border,' and we have tons of footage and video stuff. So we're gonna put that all together as a visual from just the early days and play music from the various periods while you're watchin' that."

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Prettymaid
10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
That sounds great. And yes, I'm thankful that Joe's album is coming out at the beginning of the year.

10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

This is a really happy thread! :thumbsup:

AzEaglesFan
10-15-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Joe-Walsh-To-Release-First-Solo-Album-in-20-Years-131867028.html

I have to admit that this had me going for a bit. The picture is of the "other" Joe Walsh and then the statement that Joe lives in Texas (as far as I know neither one of them live there). But at the end they finally admit that they are just having fun. I think.

Just Another Hired Hand
10-16-2011, 10:33 AM
This just in...I am the lucky recpient of two primo tickets to the Joe Walsh B.B. King Concert at The Borgata, Atlantic City, on October 22, 2011. This is the first piece of Eagles related news I've had to share for quite some time. There are reports in some of the local area entertainment pubs that Joe will be previewing some of the songs on his new upcoming album "Analog Man". I am really looking forward to this event and you can count on me posting a review. Hopefully the camera Nazis won't show up and I'll be able to post some pictures of the show. Although I am really pumped about the the show and writing the review, I am a little worried about compiling an accurate set list, as this will be the first time I am hearing some of the songs. More to follow...

EaglesFanatic
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
This was just posted by 3Encores:

http://newsok.com/joe-walsh-life-is-still-good-at-63/article/3612712?custom_click=columnist

So it sounds like there's almost certainly going to be a 40th anniversary tour if he says that they're revamping the setlist? I sure hope there will be, but I also hope that they give Joe enough time to do his solo stuff!

Freypower
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
So it sounds like there's almost certainly going to be a 40th anniversary tour if he says that they're revamping the setlist? I sure hope there will be, but I also hope that they give Joe enough time to do his solo stuff!

I hope the same for Glenn.

WalshFan88
10-17-2011, 06:49 AM
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-interview-analog-man/

Another interview from Ultimate Classic Rock. You can see the release date is Feb '12.

Brooke
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
This just in...I am the lucky recpient of two primo tickets to the Joe Walsh B.B. King Concert at The Borgata, Atlantic City, on October 22, 2011. This is the first piece of Eagles related news I've had to share for quite some time. There are reports in some of the local area entertainment pubs that Joe will be previewing some of the songs on his new upcoming album "Analog Man". I am really looking forward to this event and you can count on me posting a review. Hopefully the camera Nazis won't show up and I'll be able to post some pictures of the show. Although I am really pumped about the the show and writing the review, I am a little worried about compiling an accurate set list, as this will be the first time I am hearing some of the songs. More to follow...

Wow, you lucky dog! Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure you will do fine!

tequila girl
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't think this has been posted so far?........

Telephone interview with "Fingers" (whoever he is) and Joe

http://www.wbab.com/Player/101113801/

VAisForEagleLovers
10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Fingers = Don Felder

tequila girl
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Not this time! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I stand corrected! I didn't listen to it since...you know...I'm supposed to be working. I listened to part of it and you know, the name 'Fingers' for a DJ is...scary.

10-18-2011, 11:37 PM
First of all, good to hear from you again, JAHH. And that's very cool about AC. Soda, Henley Honey, and I will all be there as well. Maybe we can stop by and say "hello".

Just Another Hired Hand
10-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Joe Walsh was interviewed this morning on local Philadelphia radio station WMGK by morning DJ John Dibella. He will be appearing tomorrow night in Atlantic City with BB King. I am really looking forward to this show.

Joe let out this little morsel about his new album...there will be a Funk 50! Joe said it (the Atlantic City Concert)will be a combination of Eagles stuff, James Gang Stuff and a preview of his new album. He will be accompanied by a band of musicians that all hail from Austin, Texas. The interview has not yet been put up for podcast, but you can be sure as soon as it is, I will put up a link.

Just Another Hired Hand
10-21-2011, 01:05 PM
This just in...the pod cast from this mornings WMGK interview has just been posted. You will find it at this link:

http://www.wmgk.com/shows/john-debella/home.aspx

Scroll down to the Joe Walsh picture, be prepared to be entertained, click and enjoy.

Brooke
10-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Joe, you are too funny! :hilarious:

And there is a Funk 50 on the new album! :partytime:

Thanks for that JAHH! :thumbsup:

10-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for that link, JAHH. Can't wait until I have time to give it a listen. :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Sounds like he may do one of the songs from his new album at the Borgata!! Sweet!:yay:

Koala
10-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Joe Walsh returns to solo roots Analog Man

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/oct/24/joe-walsh-returns-to-solo-roots-analog-m/

10-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks Koala. That was an interesting read. :thumbsup:

Brooke
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I heard a dj on the radio mention something Joe had said in an interview about his new album. Joe said that the band never played together in the studio to record the album and that that was very weird to him. Each person went in and did their tracks, then it was put together digitally. That's why he called it Analog Man.

Freypower
10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
In other words it was recorded the same way LROOE was.

It seems a shame that he seems to have backed away from playing any of the tracks on this tour when he has the perfect opportunity to do so. All we have heard was that Personal Manager Blues that was on YouTube & there has been nothing since then.

WalshFan88
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
It seems a shame that he seems to have backed away from playing any of the tracks on this tour when he has the perfect opportunity to do so. All we have heard was that Personal Manager Blues that was on YouTube & there has been nothing since then.

He did play "Analog Man" at one show at least that I know of but there is no footage of it.

timfan
10-28-2011, 03:35 PM
I just realized... I wonder if "One Day at a Time" will be on Joe's new album! I seem to recall him saying at one point that he planned to include it on his next solo cd.

sodascouts
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I remember him saying that, too, timfan! It would make sense. I hate to think of it falling through the cracks because it was never released on an album. It's a great song!

jdubfan
10-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Yay!! Good news on the ODAAT front! :blueblob:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/get_out/music/article_77ce9a40-01b4-11e1-85cd-001cc4c03286.html

The album, which Walsh describes as a “sober observation” on the world around him blended with a little bit of humor and references to his past, is being produced by Jeff Lynne, former ELO musician and Walsh’s close friend. It will be the 10th solo release for Walsh, and include songs like “Wrecking Ball,” “I’m Just Lucky That Way,” “One Day at a Time” and “Funk Fifty”

timfan
10-28-2011, 10:32 PM
AWESOME news!! :grin:

sodascouts
10-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Excellent!

Freypower
10-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Good.

There's nothing like the excitement when you start to discover some of the song titles on a new album (as with Glenn's). :blueblob:

Koala
10-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Good news, can't weit of new album!

Brooke
10-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Great! I'm glad ODAAT will be on it too!

Prettymaid
10-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Me too! We're so used to the DVD version, I wonder if this recorded version will have any slight variations?

EaglesFanatic
10-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm happy to see some titles! It's getting me very excited to hear the CD :spin: I was wondering the same thing about ODAAT, PM.

WalshFan88
10-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm so happy the album is going to see the light of day. With every press release and interview my faith just keeps rising. Joe is my hero and I've been waiting for this album for a LONG time. I've had a rough last couple of years. I'm hoping Joe's album will start my 2012 off right. Lord knows I need a break. These last couple years have tested my strength and sanity physically and mentally and emotionally. I can't wait for the Eagles shows next year and hopefully some Joe solo dates.

WalshFan88
11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
A short part of "Wrecking Ball" from the new album. Me likey a lot! :guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-n2b7i1aEc&feature=related

Koala
11-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Cool,thanks Austin!

whitcap
11-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Nice find! I'm looking forward to this album.

Prettymaid
11-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks Austin!

jdubfan
11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
If the final recorded version is like the concert one, your gonna likey the jam in the middle too. Just sayin'....:bow:

I'm in the sticky finger video of Turn 2 Stone, rockin' my a$$ off, heh heh. Pretty good stuff.

Freypower
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Wrecking Ball is the title of Bruce Springsteen's forthcoming album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-album-wrecking-ball-hitting-shelves-march-6th-20120119

(Give me the Neil Young song of the same name any day).

I can't see either Joe or Glenn being able to compete with the saturation media coverage this will get; but we still don't know when their albums will be released.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/jam-session/2012/jan/20/joe-walsh-saving-the-world-one-monk-at-a-time/

New album moved to May or June?

Freypower
01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Why am I not surprised. :evil:

WalshFan88
01-20-2012, 11:38 PM
:( :( :(

sodascouts
01-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Well, this is typical. I just hope we get it in 2012. Don has been talking about his "upcoming" albums since 2009.

Freypower
01-21-2012, 05:21 PM
At least this album has a title and we know a couple of track names, unlike Don's album/s. Same with Glenn's.

Topkat
01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Another article on Joe's new album:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-eagles-joe-walsh-firming-up-release-plans-for-new-solo-album/

01-23-2012, 01:33 PM
As the Eagles celebrate 40 years this year, Walsh says that it's probable that fans will get to see a "retrospective show" from the group to mark the occasion. With 'Analog Man' tentatively plotted for a mid-year release, it looks like Joe Walsh will be very busy this year!

So even a mid-year release date for 'Analog Man' is "tentative" according to this article. But, I like the sound of this anyway. If the solo work has to be put on hold for the mothership's 40 year anniversary, I'm down with that. It'll just give us something to look forward to later. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Me too. I wondered how they were going to fit it all in. Perhaps the answer is they're not - the solo stuff is getting postponed.

Freypower
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I wish Glenn had not been so definite about 'Valentine's Day', then.

They knew very well the 40 year thing was coming up when they started work on these albums. If this was the priority then why were any announcements about solo albums made at all?

Henley Honey
01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm not so sure that the solo work will be postponed. I remember Don Henley saying in a fairly recent interview that there would be a burst of activity in 2012 from the Eagles. I'll go back and check the thread when I have more time, but I'm 99.5% positive he used the term "burst of activity" about upcoming releases. :pray: I'm staying positive.

Henley Honey
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not so sure that the solo work will be postponed. I remember Don Henley saying in a fairly recent interview that there would be a burst of activity in 2012 from the Eagles. I'll go back and check the thread when I have more time, but I'm 99.5% positive he used the term "burst of activity" about upcoming releases. :pray: I'm staying positive.

Found it. VA posted a link in Post #709 on the Don in the Press Thread from an interview he gave on 9/29/11. In it, DH said:
"A 40th anniversary burst of activity is due in 2012."
On his solo album: "I hope to get it out next Spring."
On upcoming Eagles' plans: Spring 2012 will mark the 40th anniversary of the Eagles' debut on the airwaves. We've got several projects in the works, including a documentary, more touring and, in a couple of years a theatrical production based on our musical catalog."

Joe's "tentative release date" of mid-year seems to back up DH's Spring 2012 statement. I'm goint to think postitively and excitedly anticipate Springtime!!! :nod:

Freypower
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
But spring for you is from March to May, which is before 'mid year', which I consider summer for you & winter for me.

sodascouts
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Guess you have to get used to the fact that when Americans refer to spring it will be your autumn, FP. I know that whole this-side-of-the-equator bias must be upsetting. ;)

While our Spring is indeed before mid-year, again, these are estimates. This is common practice for these guys. LROOE came out like a year after the initial estimate for it.

I don't remember Glenn being so definitive about Valentine's Day. Yes, he gave it as an estimate, but it's not like he said "I swear by all that is holy that it will be out on Feb. 14!" In fact even that very evening I told you that you shouldn't count on it coming out on that exact date, remember?

Freypower
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Guess you have to get used to the fact that when Americans refer to spring it will be your autumn, FP. I know that whole this-side-of-the-equator bias must be upsetting. ;)

While our Spring is indeed before mid-year, again, these are estimates. This is common practice for these guys. LROOE came out like a year after the initial estimate for it.

I don't remember Glenn being so definitive about Valentine's Day. Yes, he gave it as an estimate, but it's not like he said "I swear by all that is holy that it will be out on Feb. 14!" In fact even that very evening I told you that you shouldn't count on it coming out on that exact date, remember?

It's not upsetting; that's why I said your spring is earlier than we are now apparently being told any solo albums will be released. From what I am reading if anything is released it may now be during your autumn (or 'fall' if you insist).

As for you telling me that I shouldn't count on After Hours being released on that exact date, I'm sure you did, but I was not on the same planet that night. I did have hopes for a while, which is why I made that signature, but I suppose it was wrong to be so certain. Still, being human and having waited so long..... wouldn't it have been nice if JUST ONCE it could have happened.

Henley Honey
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
But spring for you is from March to May, which is before 'mid year', which I consider summer for you & winter for me.

Actually Spring is from March 20 through June 19 so that is mid-year in my book, but whatever. We could spectulate from now until the day the albums are released and it won't matter. They'll be out when they're out.
I'm going to try and enjoy the anticipation. :nod:

Freypower
01-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Actually Spring is from March 20 through June 19 so that is mid-year in my book, but whatever. We could spectulate from now until the day the albums are released and it won't matter. They'll be out when they're out.
I'm going to try and enjoy the anticipation. :nod:

Is it? I didn't realise you had specific dates. For me it's just calendar months.

Henley Honey
01-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Is it? I didn't realise you had specific dates. For me it's just calendar months.

Yep. There are specific dates. They are based on biannual Equinox events when night and day are almost equal in length. It's got to do with the axis of the earth -- but its been a while since Earth Science in High School . . . .

Henley Honey
01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/jam-session/2012/jan/20/joe-walsh-saving-the-world-one-monk-at-a-time/

Interesting Article from the San Diego Reporter from January 20, 2012. It supports the May/June release date so here's hoping!!! Joe's got some interesting comments on the analog/digital world. Check it out.

At the bottom of the article there is a reference for a Joe show on Thursday February 2nd at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, CA. I checked their website. It's a rescheduled show from 11/4 and is -- unfortunately -- SOLD OUT.

(Should we move this to Eagles in the Press Thread? Feel Free Mods)

sodascouts
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Nah, it's fine here!

Koala
02-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Backbeat: Joe Walsh Rocks Troubadour, Irving Azoff With Ringo -- and First New Songs In 20 Years

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/backbeat/backbeat-joe-walsh-rocks-troubadour-irving-1006073552.story

Koala
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Fact or fiction? With Joe Walsh, you never know

A chat with the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, plus bonus Q&A

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/feb/02/fact-or-fiction-joe-walsh-you-never-know/?page=1#article

EaglesKiwi
02-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Backbeat: Joe Walsh Rocks Troubadour, Irving Azoff With Ringo -- and First New Songs In 20 Years

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/backbeat/backbeat-joe-walsh-rocks-troubadour-irving-1006073552.story

Thanks, Koala, there's some great pics of Joe there (which I tried to copy & couldn't, will have to try again from the PC).

Joe finished mastering last week & is looking at a May release date! Fingers crossed... at least it's an update!!!

EaglesKiwi
02-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Interesting Article from the San Diego Reporter from January 20, 2012. It supports the May/June release date so here's hoping!!! Joe's got some interesting comments on the analog/digital world. Check it out.

At the bottom of the article there is a reference for a Joe show on Thursday February 2nd at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, CA. I checked their website. It's a rescheduled show from 11/4 and is -- unfortunately -- SOLD OUT.

(Should we move this to Eagles in the Press Thread? Feel Free Mods)
At the Feb 2nd show Joe said he had finished mastering the album last week & was looking at a May release...
(Thanks to Koala for the link in the "Joe in the Press" thread originally)

EaglesKiwi
02-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Fact or fiction? With Joe Walsh, you never know

A chat with the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, plus bonus Q&A

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/feb/02/fact-or-fiction-joe-walsh-you-never-know/?page=1#article

Thanks again, Koala! This was a very enjoyable read.

Topkat
02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Love this quote,"I'm starving, being in the Eagles"
Pretty funny Joe!:bow:

WalshFan88
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Well every interview is saying May now - I hope to high heaven it will be out in May. I'm literally dying to hear it. I'm glad it's done with the final process of mastering.

I will go to the store at midnight to pick it up! ;) :hilarious:

Also, Joe, just FYI.....If you ever need a guitar player for your band...I'm available - just sayin'. ;) Plus I know all of those songs already. Well, the old ones anyway - I could learn the new ones quickly though. And I'd be great too because I can do the twin lead thing on songs like LBG and LITFL rather than just playing 4 chords behind the solo (nothing against his current player, LOL). I need to move to California where I'm more visible and actually around those people where they can hear me. :D It isn't very good being in the country in a small Illinois town where the closest town only has 1,000 people in it. :rofl:

Windeagle
02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Well every interview is saying May now - I hope to high heaven it will be out in May. I'm literally dying to hear it. I'm glad it's done with the final process of mastering.

I will go to the store at midnight to pick it up! ;) :hilarious:

Also, Joe, just FYI.....If you ever need a guitar player for your band...I'm available - just sayin'. ;) Plus I know all of those songs already. Well, the old ones anyway - I could learn the new ones quickly though. And I'd be great too because I can do the twin lead thing on songs like LBG and LITFL rather than just playing 4 chords behind the solo (nothing against his current player, LOL). I need to move to California where I'm more visible and actually around those people where they can hear me. :D It isn't very good being in the country in a small Illinois town where the closest town only has 1,000 people in it. :rofl:

Way to get that resume out there, Austin! Never hurts to ask.

WalshFan88
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Way to get that resume out there, Austin! Never hurts to ask.

Hehehe I meant it in a lighthearted yet serious fashion. I figure it couldn't hurt. You never know who may be checking these posts and can pass it along. :D

sodascouts
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks for posting - very interesting!

Brooke
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Those were both great! Joe looks so good. Life's been good to him and you can tell!

Thanks Koala!

Freypower
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
How exciting! And Ringo on drums for RMW!!!! It looks like we're going to get Joe's album, at least!

(Now Irving, I believe you have some other work to do in this area too)!

Koala
02-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Joe Walsh Previews New Music, Jams With Jeff Lynne And Ringo Starr During Private L.A. Performance

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-previews-new-music-jams-with-jeff-lynne-and-ringo-starr-during-private-l-a-performance/

WalshFan88
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
JoeWalsh.com has been updated to say Joe Walsh's new album is indeed coming out June 5th. I couldn't be more excited.. :partytime: And I'm going to be seeing him this summer in concert! I have waited for this for a long time and I'm finally glad it's all coming together. Joe is my life hero, not just my guitar hero and I am so happy to see Joe is so "active" these days and making appearances and what have you. Just so glad to see him healthy and happy.

Topkat
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Can't wait to hear Joe's new album!!
AUSTIN....LOVE your new AVI

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Exclusive stream of Analog Man:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-joe-walshs-analog-man-20120321

WalshFan88
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Exclusive stream of Analog Man:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-joe-walshs-analog-man-20120321

Gotta say I don't think I've been as excited for something in a loooooong time as I am for the CD and show... I love the title track! Thanks for posting!

ETA: I just listened to the end of it and there is a guitar lick that is dead on from "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain... If you hear Joe's lick and the intro to MQ - you'll hear how that lick was very similar to that song. :D

VAisForEagleLovers
03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Austin, I knew it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. Thanks.

Brooke
03-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Love it Joe! We love you for what you are! :wink: :applause: And your cover is gorgeous! Nice av, Austin!

Yeah, I could see the similarity too Austin, but I'd have never picked it out unless you'd told me.

Freypower
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm glad Rolling Stone is giving coverage to one of the two new albums. To date they have not mentioned Glenn's album at all.

thelongrun
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I dont know if was already posted but I've just got this on my Facebook:

‎Joe Walsh (http://www.facebook.com/JoeWalshOfficial) returns with Analog Man, his first solo album in two decades to be released on June 5th, 2012. Stream the title track below and pre-order the album on Amazon - http://amzn.to/JOEWam

http://soundcloud.com/frontlinemanagement/analog-man/s-MteQT

Sounds gooooodddd! Very Classic. Nice.

Tori
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Well. I hope my classmates forgive me for having my iPod turned up so loud during class... Because that was awesome!

sodascouts
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Now, Tori, I know you are not doing that while your teacher is talking, right? :fingerwag:

This is so exciting! The cover is gorgeous!

timfan
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
That was amazing! Makes me all the more excited to hear the rest; I cannot wait to get this CD :)

Tori
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Now, Tori, I know you are not doing that while your teacher is talking, right? :fingerwag:

Of course not! I had just finished a test. :nahnah:

Topkat
03-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the link. So glad to see that Joe is getting some press for the new cd. Sounds really good, can't wait to hear the rest.:thumbsup:

Koala
03-22-2012, 01:00 AM
I really love the song, can't wat to hear the whole album!
The cover from the album looks very good!

Brooke
03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
OMG! Joe's new song is playing on my radio in my office right now! How cool is that?! :applause:

sodascouts
03-22-2012, 04:28 PM
So much for it being exclusive to Rolling Stone, lol, but it's great that Joe's song is already making the rounds! Do you think he'll make a video for it?

Brooke
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
We can only hope and pray! :pray:

03-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm loving Analog Man too - very 'joesque'! :applause: :applause: :applause:

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 08:28 PM
There's a blurb about Analog Man in the latest Rolling Stone!

Hard-won happiness is all over Walsh's 10th solo album - his first since getting sober in the Nineties and getting married in 2008. "In my years of addiction, I really withdrew," he says. "I've come out of that." Co-produced by Jeff Lynne, the disc ranges from the Indian-ragga-influenced "The Band Played On" to the twangy "Lucky That Way" - both of which feature Walsh's new brother-in-law, Ringo Starr, on drums. "I'm on the perimeter of the Beatles family, and they really take care of their own," says Walsh. "It's taken my whole life up a notch to be around them."

Troubadour
04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
What a lovely statement! I am so thrilled that Joe is in a good place and feeling inspired to create new music. An exciting time.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Of course, the list of solo dates is already outdated, and this was published ten hours ago.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-sets-2012-solo-dates/

Prettymaid
04-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi everybody! I just jumped in the car to head home for lunch and had the XM radio tuned to Classic Vinyl. The first thing I heard was the DJ saying that Joe's album was coming out June 5 and that she knew some people who had heard some of the stuff off of it and it is going to be fantastic! She went on to say that the Eagles were currently touring overseas. Anyway....I knew that you guys would already know all of this. It just made me homesick for The Border so here I am! Like I said, I'm just home for lunch right now but hope you all are doing okay. I think of you often. I'll try to come back soon!

Here's to Joe's new album coming out! :cheers:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi everybody! I just jumped in the car to head home for lunch and had the XM radio tuned to Classic Vinyl. The first thing I heard was the DJ saying that Joe's album was coming out June 5 and that she knew some people who had heard some of the stuff off of it and it is going to be fantastic! She went on to say that the Eagles were currently touring overseas. Anyway....I knew that you guys would already know all of this. It just made me homesick for The Border so here I am! Like I said, I'm just home for lunch right now but hope you all are doing okay. I think of you often. I'll try to come back soon!

OMG, Cathy, I heard the exact same thing! Just before the DJ said it, Turn To Stone was playing. I was just getting ready to post it in the 'hearing the Eagles unexpectedly' thread! Glad you're back and hope you come back often...

Prettymaid
04-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Shoot! I missed Turn To Stone!

WalshFan88
04-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Welcome back! I've missed your posts!!! :)

And yes - very excited for Analog Man! :partytime:

Prettymaid
04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Love that avatar WF!

Brooke
04-06-2012, 10:09 AM
I love both of yours of Joe, Pm and WF. Great pics!

Pm, welcome back! We've missed ya!

sodascouts
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey PM! Nice to hear from you!

I have been thinking about making an Analog Man banner too. That's big news as well!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Track listing for Analog Man:
http://www.classic-rock-and-more.blogspot.com/

New album track listing...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q_vYAiCjVZA/T4GqCpBm9GI/AAAAAAAAKoo/wHKiuUKTK1Q/s320/0ajoe1.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q_vYAiCjVZA/T4GqCpBm9GI/AAAAAAAAKoo/wHKiuUKTK1Q/s1600/0ajoe1.jpg)
01 Analog Man
02 Wrecking Ball
03 Lucky That Way
04 Spanish Dancer
05 Band Played On
06 Family
07 One Day At A Time
08 Hi-Roller Baby
09 Funk 50
10 India

Freypower
04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Oh good!

The title Spanish Dancer appeals to me.

Prettymaid
04-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks V. I'm really getting excited about this album!

Tori
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I am so excited to see that One Day At A Time is going to be on the album! I love that song and it's one of the only memories I have of going to my first Eagles concert. Woohoooo! :D

04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm glad that he included One Day At a Time too. It'll be interesting to hear Joe's solo version of the song. And I'm wondering how the other James Gang members feel about Joe recording Funk 50?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm glad that he included One Day At a Time too. It'll be interesting to hear Joe's solo version of the song. And I'm wondering how the other James Gang members feel about Joe recording Funk 50?

Good point, Dreamer, I didn't think about that. Especially as he just did some recording with them. Maybe there will be two versions? A solo version and JG version. And maybe number 51 as well?

Freypower
04-09-2012, 10:15 PM
By the way here is part of the Guitar World interview:

http://www.guitarworld.com/excerpt-joe-walsh-discusses-his-career-gear-and-new-album-analog-man

And the version of the cover photo I'm going to use:

http://www.guitarworld.com/

sodascouts
04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
His smile is adorable!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
This just dropped into my NewsFeed from Joe's Facebook page.

http://music.msn.com/video/music/?videoId=7415fd51-541c-4095-9945-88a580bfa14c&from=&src=v5:pause:facebook:

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
It's very interesting that he calls "Lucky That Way" a sequel to "Life's Been Good" - makes me even more interesting in hearing it. The way he describes a few of the other songs sparks additional interest as well. He sounds so excited about the project. "It feels good to play something fresh." I'm definitely going to make every effort to see one of these shows, even if I have to drive a bit.... and of course buy at least one copy of the album!

WalshFan88
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDA_rqPNulc

:partytime::partytime::partytime:

Can't wait... I've been in a depressed mood all week and this cheered me up a bit.

04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Just to save folks some time - the YouTube video that Austin posted is the same as the one in the link that VA posted. This is getting excited and Joe seems very enthusiatic about this album. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll add some more summer dates as well because I definitely want to catch a show. The dates he's announced so far aren't working out for me.

Brooke
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
That was great! Thanks Austin!

Joe looks wonderful! Again! You know, he looks so much better now than he did in Farewell 1. He looks classy and healthy and happy. It just shows. And I am so happy for him.

zeldabjr
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
That was great! Thanks Austin!

Joe looks wonderful! Again! You know, he looks so much better now than he did in Farewell 1. He looks classy and healthy and happy. It just shows. And I am so happy for him.

I just watched the teaser...can't wait to hear it... and yeah Joe looks good...very happy for him...and us! He has such a good attitude.

zelda

Topkat
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Joe features Little Richard as a bonus track on new album

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/james-gang-with-little-richard/

timfan
04-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Apologies if this has been posted already but on Joe's facebook page you can listen to the song "Analog Man" in its entirity

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=708685067&ref=tn_tnmn#!/JoeWalshOfficial/app_178091127385

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
The header for this said you can preview 'tunes', implying more than Analog Man. I don't have iTunes on this computer, so I can't see.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/analog-man-single/id522231763

timfan
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
As of right now it's just the song "Analog Man" from the new album which is available for purchase on itunes. From the phrasing it does look like there may be additional singles to be released. Time will tell but here's hoping!

Topkat
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Joe talks about new song Funk #50 follow up to Funk #49

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-funk-49-sequel/

zeldabjr
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Joe talks about new song Funk #50 follow up to Funk #49

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-funk-49-sequel/

That is a neat story... can't wait to hear it!

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh wow! I've heard it then! First time they played it on ESPN, I was reading something as well and I sat up straight and thought, "That's Joe Walsh. What song is that?" The next time I'm thinking, "Is that some prototype remix?" Given the album name, it's ironic that one reason I knew it wasn't Funk #49 was that it was obviously digitally recorded. I don't think I've ever heard more than 15 - 20 seconds of it, but it was an incredible 15 to 20 seconds!

Thanks for posting, so much is made clearer now and I'm glad I wasn't losing my mind. Over that.

zeldabjr
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
I found this on youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lEqVAroX4&feature=player_detailpage

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Joe has an interview on qfm96, in Ohio. Good listen.

http://www.qfm96.com/Friday-4-27/12082831?pid=236210

He talks a little about growing up in Columbus, his sobriety, Marjorie, Jeff Lynne. The DJs mention Glenn's new CD and Joe mentions that Glenn helped him a lot with One Day at a Time.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
This didn't come up in a search on Joe, but yet when I search on Don it does? Go figure.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/joe-walsh-and-david-wild/

whitcap
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I was trying to hold out til I got the album to listen to any of the new songs but I gave in and went listen to Analog Man and Lucky That Way on Joe's website. Now I'm even more excited for this album!

sodascouts
05-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Got this in a Google alert:

Interview with Joe by the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2140688/Joe-Walsh-reveals-latest-solo-album-Analog-Man-taken-20-years-develop.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

tequila girl
05-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Same interview as I posted 4 days ago Soda, Sorry if I put it in the wrong place

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339&page=45

sodascouts
05-12-2012, 08:31 PM
That's OK - it's pretty confusing with so much going on! A good problem to have. :)

timfan
05-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Analog Man is now available on Itunes to Preview!!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/analog-man-bonus-track-version/id526557659

mustangkim11
05-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Nice! Got it going on iTunes right now. Yay, Joe! :headbang::guitar::faint:

mustangkim11
05-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Also Lucky That Way has been released on iTunes as a single and naturally, I snapped that one right up! :headbang:

June 5th cannot get here soon enough, so I can hear the full songs as opposed to snippets.

I don't remember being this excited for anyone's solo album in a very long time.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2012, 08:41 PM
A Q&A with Joe:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-joe-walsh-on-his-new-lp-eagles-and-james-gang-plans-20120522

sodascouts
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
First, how retro is interviewer Andy Greene - referring to new releases as "LP's"?

I never realized that the reason he didn't put out a new album was to protect his sobriety. That's a pretty darn good reason.

I can't believe it's been over three years since he married Marjorie. Kudos to her for all she has done for Joe.

That chronological Eagles show with video makes me breathless just thinking about it. As much as I enjoyed Atlanta, as I sat there watching them do the same-old-same-old, I thought "Maybe I've seen this set enough times and it's time to put the Eagles concert money into my Fleetwood Mac fund" (Stevie and Lindsey are both touring but I had not planned to travel beyond a six-hour radius for them; no flights). Now that money is going back into my future-Eagles-show fund, lol.

My lyrics aren't so abstract, and I'm not hiding behind my humor. I'm letting people in and letting them know who the real Joe is. It's a little scary, but it's a good feeling.

You know, armchair psychologist that I am, I always thought Joe was hiding behind his humor at times. He is being so real now, admitting to this and letting us see his vulnerable side. I have so much respect for this guy. Joe is DA MAN.

Windeagle
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I can't believe it's been over three years since he married Marjorie. Kudos to her for all she has done for Joe.

I loved how he said "my wife has my back." Talk about a solid partnership. Good for them!

jdubfan
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I loved all the parts mentioned before, but was especially excited when I read:

"I really think I'm back, and it's not going to be another 25 years until the next
one. I really learned how to do it sober. It's opened me up a lot. I'm more confident."

all I can say is YEE Ha!! He's BACK....

sodascouts
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I got excited reading that, too! Can't believe I forgot to include it in my comments. All I can say is WOOOOOT!!!!

timfan
05-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Joe has just released another video; this time it's "Wrecking Ball"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym8QqvF6xW8

zeldabjr
05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Love the new video...Joe always makes me smile!!:nod::yay:

Brooke
05-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Dang, he looks hot! :smokin:

Love it Joe!

mustangkim11
05-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Dang, he looks hot! :smokin:

Love it Joe!

Yes, he does..............look hot, that is!

GlennLover
05-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Just got this in a Google alert: http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/28/walsh-marvels-at-life-on-analog&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABA1YyP_gRIAVAAWABiBWVuLUNB&cd=2gW_B5NlCXY&usg=AFQjCNGuWUkpGRTekL__zE_ffkJL8bt5gg

mustangkim11
05-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Just got this in a Google alert: http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/28/walsh-marvels-at-life-on-analog&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgBIAAoATAAOABA1YyP_gRIAVAAWABiBWVuLUNB&cd=2gW_B5NlCXY&usg=AFQjCNGuWUkpGRTekL__zE_ffkJL8bt5gg

This is such a great interview!

sodascouts
05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
This is fabulous! Just one week 'til it's released, folks!

WalshFan88
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
This is fabulous! Just one week 'til it's released, folks!

I am SO unbelievably excited about this album. I know the songs are available for streaming on RS but I'm waiting until I get the album. I've only watched the Troubadour videos of Lucky That Way, Wrecking Ball, and Analog Man.

I am going to lock myself in the guitar room and learn every damn song on the album. I really could see myself adding Wrecking Ball to my jam band's setlist.

Tori
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not listening to any of the songs from the Rolling Stone stream either, Austin. I wanna wait until I get the album! Although I couldn't resist listening to One Day At A Time... fantastic! It's one of my favorite Joe songs, and it's just amazingly good. Can't wait until the album comes out! One week! :)

EaglesKiwi
05-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Posted in one of our online newspapers...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/7023081/Joe-Walsh-still-loves-to-rock

Brooke
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Great interview!

Loved this part: talking about the 40th anniversary tour next year-

I'm not really sure just yet but there'll be some new versions of the albums with outtakes and a bunch of things you've never heard. And we hope to do an all-new show, with the hits of course, but with some of the songs we've never played.

:yay: I so hope all this materializes! :blueblob:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Just heard this advertised on BIG100.3 in DC and went to their website and there it was! "On June 5, rock musician Joe Walsh (http://www.thebigdc.com/iplaylist/artist/5785/) will release his first solo album in two decades, Analog Man. Walsh is celebrating the big release by performing an intimate show the day before the album hits stores as part of the iHeartRadio Live series in New York City."

Monday, June 4 7pm

Read more: http://www.thebigdc.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104703&article=10165956#ixzz1wTtD6HJZ

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 05:10 PM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/7023081/Joe-Walsh-still-loves-to-rock

excellent article...and the end part about what's in the future is:spin::grin::partytime:

mustangkim11
05-31-2012, 05:23 PM

This is such a wonderful interview. I love it when Joe gets deep and lays it out on the table. I say, 'keep going, Joe!':heart:

EaglesKiwi
06-01-2012, 06:18 AM
This is such a wonderful interview. I love it when Joe gets deep and lays it out on the table. I say, 'keep going, Joe!':heart:
Absolutely. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Got a message from Tommy Griffiths from BIGDC 100.3 here in DC: Verna- I just got confirmation. You'll hear my talk with Joe Walsh on June 7th!

The link is the same one above for the free Joe concert on iheart radio. When I find a time I'll post it, but it's probably 7:10.

http://www.thebigdc.com/main.html

Topkat
06-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait, What???, Joe is doing IHeartradio on Jun4th. OK I must get tickets to see this!:headbang:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Wait, What???, Joe is doing IHeartradio on Jun4th. OK I must get tickets to see this!:headbang:

I wondered if I should have made a separate thread for it so it didn't get buried! I guess I should have...

Topkat
06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I am trying to find the link to apply for tickets? But I can't seem to find it. I just Tweeted them. I won tix to see Adam Lambert 2 weeks ago & it was an amazing FREE Show, yeah FREE in a tiny place.
I have to get to this. If anyone can find link for tix, please let me know, Thanks:shock:

Topkat
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
OK, I found where to enter contest to win these tickets & I have 24 entries to win. Now all I have to do is WIN!!! Please I need to WIN These tickets to see JOE:headbang:

Topkat
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
OK GUYS.....I AM GOING TO SEE JOE WALSH LIVE ON MON NIGHT for HIS NEW ALBUM RELEASE!!!
I tweeted, IHEARTRADIO & they tweeted me back & GAVE ME THE TICKETS!!!
I AM SO THRILLED.
I HAVE 2 tickets, so before I invite one of my friends, I will INVITE one of my BORDER friends to go with me! IT is a FREE SHOW MONDAY night, in NYC.
Please PM me.

Brooke
06-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Congrats Tk! That is wonderful! Wish I lived closer! lol

Topkat
06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
You can hear Joe's New Album here, from Rolling Stone Mag: OMG It's AWESOME!!!!:headbang:

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/joewalsh1.html

mustangkim11
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
You can hear Joe's New Album here, from Rolling Stone Mag: OMG It's AWESOME!!!!:headbang:

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/joewalsh1.html

I cannot stop listening to it! I am addicted to this album. :headbang::guitar::inlove:

Topkat
06-01-2012, 07:34 PM
This is the first time I'm hearing the entire thing. I can't believe they are playing the entire cd. I want to know every song before I see him!!! It's FREAKING FANTASTIC! JOE does it again!:headbang:

mustangkim11
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah I keep making a return trip to rollingstone.com to hear it. The other night, I played it 4 times in a row. It was great. I smiled all the way through it. :headbang:

Topkat
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Great review of Analog Man & after hearing it, I have to agree

http://mixtapeshed.tumblr.com/post/24215496473/album-review-joe-walsh-analog-man

Brooke
06-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Couldn't wait any longer and am listening to it. I really love Analog Man, Wrecking Ball, and Lucky That Way. And Family is just beautiful-brought tears to my eyes!

I am so happy for Joe, he seems to have found true happiness! :thumbsup:

Topkat
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Love the whole thing. I just ordered the deluxe edition with the DVD
Can't wait to see him live on Mon night:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
A reminder that Joe will be on Uncle Joe Benson's radio show on various stations across the US tomorrow. A listing is on the site. Glenn was on this a month ago.

http://unclejoe.com/xotr.html

sodascouts
06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder, VA.

I can't decide whether to listen to the album on RollingStone.com (http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/joewalsh1.html) or wait until it arrives. Decisions, decisions!

WalshFan88
06-02-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm waiting until it gets here!

zeldabjr
06-02-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm waiting until it gets here!

me too

VAisForEagleLovers
06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Joe is doing Howard Stern show tomorrow morning at 8am on SiriusXM, channel 100.

Topkat
06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Well, I guess Joe is up early today! I don't have Sirius radio. If anyone finds the interview online, please let us know. Should be interesting:hilarious:

sodascouts
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Anybody get this? Considering the history there, I'd bet it be a fascinating interview.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I have SiriusXM, but I did not listen this morning. Mostly because it was really only on Sirius and I only have that in the car, XM is in the house. I'm shocked, I don't know why, at how many websites there are that do nothing but discuss what is on each Howard Stern show. Any search using the terms Joe Walsh, Howard Stern, and today's date will get you a list, but after looking at about ten of them, this seems to be the only one with more than a paragraph about Joe. As always with Howard Stern, all the warnings about language and content apply.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#mon

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Joe is going overseas to promote his CD...

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/05/11/entertainment/doc4fad603bc752a768991933.txt