PDA

View Full Version : New York Minute

Henley Honey
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi,
I'll just take a New York Minute to introduce myself. I've been checking out the site for a while, but when I found the Don Henley concert info on his upcoming show in Saratoga, CA I knew I had to register and share the news. I posted it on the "Concert" thread, but if there was a more appropriate location, please let me know for future reference.
I've been an Eagles fan since -- forever . . . They were my first concert in NYC's Central Park in the summer of '74 (Could have been '75) and since then I've been fortunate enough to see them all over the States from NY to the Hollywood Bowl and many cities in between. It NEVER gets old.
I relentlessly drag my poor husband with me from city to city, but he's a big fan as well and good sport. I couldn't talk him into a small walkabout for their last Australian leg, but I'm hopeful they'll be back home and on the road in August, October & December ! Here's hoping . . . .

WalshFan88
04-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I'll just take a New York Minute to introduce myself. I've been checking out the site for a while, but when I found the Don Henley concert info on his upcoming show in Saratoga, CA I knew I had to register and share the news. I posted it on the "Concert" thread, but if there was a more appropriate location, please let me know for future reference.
I've been an Eagles fan since -- forever . . . They were my first concert in NYC's Central Park in the summer of '74 (Could have been '75) and since then I've been fortunate enough to see them all over the States from NY to the Hollywood Bowl and many cities in between. It NEVER gets old.
I relentlessly drag my poor husband with me from city to city, but he's a big fan as well and good sport. I couldn't talk him into a small walkabout for their last Australian leg, but I'm hopeful they'll be back home and on the road in August, October & December ! Here's hoping . . . .

Welcome!

MikeA
04-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey, Henley Honey. Welcome!

Now which one of the guys has your heart?

Seriously, come on in! Grab a beer (or mind altering substance be it liquid or whatever), kick off your shoes, let down your hair and enjoy the discussions! I look forward to getting to know you.

TimothyBFan
04-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Welcome Henley Honey!!! Please go into the concert reviews thread and tell us about some of your concert experiences!! We'd love to hear them!!!

Brooke
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Welcome from me, too, Henley Honey! Glad you found us! This is a great place to be if you love the Eagles!

I'd also love to hear all about your Eagles experiences! :nod:

Judy
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Welcome Henley Honey! I think you will enjoy it here. Have fun reading everyone's posts.

Molly
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi and welcome, HH. Glad you decided to join us!

sodascouts
04-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome, HH. Hope you like it here! I'm gonna make you your very own thread! ;)

Koala
04-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Welcome Henley Honey!:) Hope you have a nice time here!

Henley Honey
04-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! When I first found this site I excitedly told my husband all about it. His response was a very bland "Thats nice". I said "No no no no no. You don't get it. These are my peeps". He still didn't get it. So to put it in perspective for him I asked if he remembered our trip to Walmart the day that LROOE was released. He did. I asked if he remembered that the CD's had arrived at the store but could not be located. :thud: He did. I asked if he remembered me on my hands and knees tearing open 15 cartons on the department floor in a desperate attempt to find them. He did. I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me." He got it.
I look forward to sharing my experiences on the concert thread. I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.

TimothyBFan
04-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me."

:lol: Love it!!! And you are so right!!!! We all understand. And a lot of us have spouses just like yours. I'm lucky, my husband has always been very understanding thru it all. He was told over 25 years ago, the only man I would ever leave him for was a long haired bass player. He got it! ;)

Brooke
04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.

Oh wow! How cool!

And welcome from me, too! This is such a fun Eagles loving place! Glad you found us and decided to join!

:lol: Love it!!! And you are so right!!!! We all understand. And a lot of us have spouses just like yours. I'm lucky, my husband has always been very understanding thru it all. He was told over 25 years ago, the only man I would ever leave him for was a long haired bass player. He got it! ;)

This reminds me, Willie, about when I went to a solo Don show, by myself, a few years ago. I told my hubby that if Don asked me to run away with him, I was going! He got it, too! :lol:

Annabel
04-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Welcome HH. Hope you have fun here with us.

Brooke. I've told my hubby pretty much the same thing too about Don. I've got my fingers crossed for July. :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late, but welcome from me as well, Henley Honey. Glad you found us, and hope you like it here on The Border. I enjoy going to lots of shows too as time and $$ permits. I'm crossing my fingers that they will do a few late summer or fall shows this year, but my instincts are not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. However, maybe Don's new album will be released and he will announce more show dates to promote it.

Prettymaid
05-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! When I first found this site I excitedly told my husband all about it. His response was a very bland "Thats nice". I said "No no no no no. You don't get it. These are my peeps". He still didn't get it. So to put it in perspective for him I asked if he remembered our trip to Walmart the day that LROOE was released. He did. I asked if he remembered that the CD's had arrived at the store but could not be located. :thud: He did. I asked if he remembered me on my hands and knees tearing open 15 cartons on the department floor in a desperate attempt to find them. He did. I said "These are the people who would have been on their hands and knees right along side me." He got it.
I look forward to sharing my experiences on the concert thread. I think I'll start with Louisville, KY in October of 2010 -- when Don Henley blew me a kiss at the end of the show. Ahhhhhh. Fabulous.

This part had me lol too! And I can understand why you enjoyed your Louisville show last year. It was just after my Indianapolis show where Don stole my heart! You can read my review here. (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2753&page=2)