PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Forces Kill Usama Bin Laden

Prettymaid
05-02-2011, 06:52 AM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110502/US.Bin.Laden/

Annabel
05-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I heard this on the 9am news here on the radio this morning and DH put the TV on to check it out. Job well done :D but stand by for reprisals he says. :(

MikeA
05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
While I doubt that the death of Bin Laden will stop Terrorist or even slow them down, the action most definitely was justified! There has very doubtfully EVER been such an intensive search for a criminal. I pray there never is again such a retaliation that takes this long and costs as much as this one both in financies and more importantly in human lives, to complete.

Koala
05-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I have heard this on the news today morning.
Hope that it does not comes now to retaliatory attacks by al-Qaida. How they are have already supposedly announced!

Molly
05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
My thoughts go out to all the families of the victims of 911 who must be re-living that terrible day.

And prayers and thanks also to all the families of the troops who have lost their lives fighting the war on terrorism. It's been a long 10 years, and sadly, it will continue to be the world we live in.

MikeA
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I seriously doubt Desire, that the death of Bin Laden will go unnoticed by his gang (al-Qaida). But civilization cannot cower in fear of retaliation from aggressive killers such as al-Quaida.

When a criminal who has killed innocent people is captured, convicted and thrown in jail for life or executed through "due process of law", it does not stop killings....but it is a step in the right direction! It shows that those crimes will not be overlooked and there are consequences to face when those acts are committed.

al-Qaida is a threat to all peoples regardless of culture....even their own!

Brooke
05-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Hallelujah! I heard this last night and rejoiced!

And yes, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost friends and family in the tragedy and the military.

tbs fanatic
05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I saw this last night. Finally. Sounds as though it was a well executed plan.

Henley Honey
05-02-2011, 10:55 AM
There was a picture in the NY papers on Sept 12, 2001 that I will never forget. It was of a man and woman holding hands as if to give each other strength and courage while they jumped to their deaths from the 90th floor of Tower #1 because the unimaginable hell behind them was harder to face than that jump. Bin Laden's death won't bring them back, but if it gives their family members a sense of peace or solace that Justice has been served, then I'm good with that.
It won't, I fear, dissipate the cloud of fear and sorrow that still lingers.

timfan
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Seems appropriate to post this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haNpuHZam40

MikeA
05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd much rather remember the innocent victims and the men and women in the armed services who have given their lives to curb these terrorist organizations than to celebrate the death of one of their leaders.

Posting that video and remembering the tragedy of that couple jumping to their deaths is a lot more healthy.

sodascouts
05-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, at least there's one less psychotic mass-murderer in the world today.

Freypower
05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Bin Laden used HIS OWN WIFE as a human shield.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bin-laden-used-wife-as-human-shield-us-official-20110503-1e5hl.html

I hope there are no reprisals.

Annabel
05-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Reports here are that it is believed he used his youngest wife as a shield. :woah: Nice that he had a choice. :rolleyes: Another wife and a daughter survived.

Heard this morning also that Obama and staff watched the event going down live via a satellite link.

MikeA
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I just read another blurb released be "Another White House Official" that stated that bin Laden's wife was not killed. She was injured but not killed. It was on one of those news reports you see on Yahoo Instant Messenger when you first log in and I didn't save the link (stupid of me! Sorry)

MikeA
05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I think that was it Judy. Thanks.