PDA

View Full Version : Hello from BBKron

BBKron
05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I have been an Eagles fan since 1972.

Although I like all the Eagles music, I am most partial to the earlier stuff. Desperado and On The Border are my Favorite albums, and I think Desperado is one one of the greatest albums of all-time. I really think the Eales lost alot of their versatility when Bernie Leadon left. But they have maintained high quality throughout the years (although they will never be quite as good as back then).
I also like a wide variety of other music, including many other 'country-rock' groups of the day, including Poco, The Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, Souther-Hillman-Furay Band, Manassas, and their various incarnations.

I have a music blog of my own where I feature unofficial live and outtake recordings available for download. I have recently been featuring several rare, previously uncirculated live recordings of '70's country-rock groups. (Chris Hillman, J.D. Souther, SHF Band, Firefall, FBB, and the Eagles). Come by and chack 'em out at The BB Chronicles (bbchron.blogspot.com)

MikeA
05-03-2011, 11:55 AM
You have to look for it a bit, but after you follow the link to the downloads from the blog, you must register for an account at Mega-uploads where the data is stored. There are Premium accounts (not free) and there are free accounts.

The data is stored in RAR format (not ZIP) so you'll need software to extract it.

I do not have RAR extractor on my notebook and since my Desktop computer is down, I'll have to look around and see if I can find an RAR extractor.

You can download WinRAR400 from downloads.com free of charge (evaluation version good for 40 days....I know there are others out there but this was the first one I came to...works just like WINZIP).

The Blog is very professionally done. The extracted RAR really doesn't sound that bad (MP3 format) though it does not sound like it is patched into the sound board...just straight from the speakers. But there are a couple of tunes on it (one by Henley and another by Bernie).

I'd say this is a good resource and wish to thank BBKron for providing it.

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Welcome! I collect bootlegs myself and your blog is great. That Eagles show you posted with the two unreleased songs - what a treasure! You should start a topic just for that show.

Annabel
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Welcome BBKron. Hope you enjoy being on The Border with us. :wave:

Koala
05-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Welcome BBKron!:)

tequila girl
05-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Hi BBKron......Welcome to The Border :)

WalshFan88
05-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Welcome.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Hello BBKron and welcome. Glad you found us here. I've had a pretty busy week, but I'll have to check out your site. If you are an Eagles fan, you are in good company. Hope you like it here on The Border. Enjoy!

Glennsallnighter
05-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Welcome from me too BBKron. Hope you have fun here. And that you'll play our next survivor!

rcknalwys
05-06-2011, 08:05 PM
A big welcome from me also. Looking forward to hearing more from you and can't wait to go check out your site.

GettheLeadonOut!!
05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
BBKron, thanks for your blog and welcome. I am currently getting the Leadon out to your uploads which are awesome!

Judy
05-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Look who changed their blogspot. :)

http://bbchron.blogspot.com/