PDA

View Full Version : Rare 1973 live recording featuring 2 unreleased songs now available!

BBKron
05-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey Eagles fans!
I'm new here, so I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to let everyone know about this exciting live Eagles find. It's a previously uncirculated live concert audience recording from 11-21-1973, Holy Cross College, Worcester, MA. It's a full-length show (19 songs, ~100 minutes) from a unique period for the band. It's right after they returned from their early On The Border recording sessions in London (with Glyn Johns), but apparently before they replaced Johns with Bill Szymczyk, and finished recording the album in LA. But the exciting part is that this show features 2 original songs from those early On The Border sessions that were ultimately dropped and not used, and, as far as I know, these songs were not played at any other recorded shows, and have never been released in any form. As there are very few unreleased or 'outtake' songs that have seen the light of day from the Eagles, this is a truly exciting find. By the way, the songs are very impressive, and make worthy additions to the Eagles canon.
I have acquired the audience master recording from the original taper (David M) and he has allowed me to make it available to all (via free download) through my blog. So, for more info on these songs (one by Henley, titled 'Wait and See', one by Leadon, possibly titled 'Learn and Teach' or 'Born to Teach'), and to download the complete show, follow this link:
http://bbchron.blogspot.com/2011/04/eagles-1973-11-21-holy-cross-college.html

If there is enough interest, I could also post just those 2 songs here.
I was quite astounded when I heard these, as I have never heard anything about them before. I am very interested in hearing what others think of these songs, and if they really are as rare as I think they are.

BTW, my blog contains many other live shows that may be of interest to fans of the Eagles, country-rock, classic rock, and great music.
Thanks, and hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I checked this out and it's so exciting to hear "new" stuff despite the fact that the quality isn't the greatest. Thank you for posting this!

Some comments regarding the new stuff:

"Wait and See" is sung by Randy Meisner and not Don Henley, unless I'm mistaken. It's hard to make out, but I think Glenn even introduces it as "We were working on a new album called On the Border, and this is a song from this album Randy wrote, it's called 'Oh Darlin', Wait and See.'"

I LOVE the extended jamming on that song!

To my ears the title of the Leadon song sounds like "Georgia Peach," which would make sense because that was the nickname of his old Flying Burrito Brother bandmate Gram Parsons whose death inspired On the Border's "My Man."

MikeA
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Again, I welcome you BBKron to the Border.

I had not heard these two new songs until I joined your blog and signed up for the free access to Mega-Up-loads where you have the music stored.

Those wishing to experience the music BBKron has provided will need to have an RAR extractor. Check out downloads.com for some options. RAR, for those of you not familiar with it, is another compression utility similar to WinZip. There are free versions of it available as well as some that are shareware. The one I downloaded for my notebook computer was not free....40 day free trial.

It is worth the effort if for no other reason, just to get the unreleased Henley and Leadon songs.

BBKron,

I think you'll find folks here who are really into the early Eagles as well as some who aren't that excited about the early stuff they released. I like it all, and particularly have become really interested in what Bernie has done.

I like Desperado more than their self-titled offering...in fact, Desperado just may be my choice as being maybe the most note-worthy album that Eagles have released. To my knowledge, that concept album is unique in the Country-Rock genre. I know of no other theme based release in that genre.

Thanks for sharing that music with us here.

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Glenn before the Leadon song: "Folks, it's all rock'n'roll from here on out, and... who wants to dance?! C'mon, I got to see the dancers in the crowd! C'mon, I'll shake mine and you shake yours!"

OK, it's a deal, Sugar! lol

The exchange before "Wait and See" is also funny, although I can't make out some of it and I am probably making mistakes in transcription:

Glenn: "We spent two months in London... the land of the walking dead. No offense to anybody who's from London, especially the Beatles and stuff, but... It's hard to eat over there. You get super-hard pieces of bread and a micro-slice of ham and [?] and stuff."

Don: "No Quarter-Pounders."

Glenn: "And after about three days it's hard to go to the bathroom as well as eat."

Brooke
05-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Wow! How exciting! I can't wait to get time to take a listen! Thanks so much for sharing this with us BBK!

Oh, and welcome to The Border! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
BTW I'm going to be trying to figure out the lyrics of these if anyone wants to try and help. The Leadon song might be a lost cause but some of "Wait and See" is distinguishable. I could sorta make out a few lines - anyone else have more luck?

Wait and See

[?]
[?]
[?]
And your dreams aren't coming true

[?]
[?]
[?]
And there's nothing more to say

We could...[?]
We could...[?]
[?]
Wait and see
Wait and see

Sometimes I wonder
If you're really, really on my side
[?]
Of the problems that you hide

And we could... [?]
It's just a .... [?]
[?]
Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Oh, I'm a sinner
Nothin' left to lose
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]

Well, I'm a sinner
I'm a sinner
With nothing left to lose
[?]
[?]

[?]
[?]
[?]
If your dreams aren't coming true

BBKron
05-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow, that was a really quick response to these. You guys are really active here. Thanks for the responses.
Sodascouts, you must have really discerning ears. I listened to these over and over again to try to make out what Glenn was saying, and just couldn't quite make it out. I attributed 'Wait and See' to Don, because I thought he said something like "This is a song from the new album, from Don, called 'Wait and See'". But, I think you are right.

As far as the Leadon song, in the song introduction, it did not sound anything like 'Georgia Peach' to me (still sounds like "This is a song called 'learn and teach' that Bernie wrote... ') However, someone else calls out what could be 'Georgia Peach' right before the song introduction, and in the song itself, it does sound like it could be 'Georgia Peach' at the end of the chorus. So, again, you may be right, but I never would have gotten that. Much thanks for the input.

As for the song lyrics, good luck with that, but it seems that you would probably be much better at figuring it out than me. Thanks again.

I think that these songs are truly an amazing find, as I have never heard any mention of them anywhere before, but they quite obviously were originally intended for the On The Border album, before it was reshaped and re-imagined under producer Bill Szymczyk's guidance. I think the songs are quite impressive. Would love to be able to hear studio versions of them (and any other songs that were disarded from these sessions).
I have to thank the original taper, David M, for making this tape available after all these years (I have some other of his tapes of other country-rock bands available on the blog, and I have a few more yet to post, including another uncirculated Eagles show from 1974 that I am working on right now). Thanks again for the input, and hope you all enjoy these recordings.

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks to David M. as well. I'm looking forward to more! I love old bootlegs!

As far as the Leadon song, in the song introduction, it did not sound anything like 'Georgia Peach' to me (still sounds like "This is a song called 'learn and teach' that Bernie wrote... ') However, someone else calls out what could be 'Georgia Peach' right before the song introduction, and in the song itself, it does sound like it could be 'Georgia Peach' at the end of the chorus. So, again, you may be right, but I never would have gotten that. Much thanks for the input.

I think that whole intro is Glenn. Here is what I hear:

"...get loose and jam like that. It's awesome. [Pause] Georgia Peach! This is a song called Georgia Peach that Bernie wrote with a friend of his."

But hey, I could be wrong! Anyone else have any ideas?

whitcap
05-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the board BBKron! Thanks for sharing.

Soda, I tried to figure out the lyrics to Wait and See. Here's what I could make out. It sounds like Randy singing to me too.

Wait and See

Oh Darlin'
You try to keep from running around
When you went on a long bumpy road

Say if you need me
I think I can be your man
And you don't need to run
There'll be nothing more to say

We could...[?]
It's just a...[?]
[?]
Wait and see
Wait and see

Sometimes I wonder
You don't need to love me
[?]

And we could... [?]
It's just a .... [?]
[?]
Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Oh, I'm a sinner
Nothin' left to lose
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]
[?]

Well, I'm a sinner
I'm a sinner
With nothing left to lose
[?]
[?]

Oh Darlin'
When your down a long bumpy road

whitcap
05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I think that whole intro is Glenn. Here is what I hear:

"...get loose and jam like that. It's awesome. [Pause] Georgia Peach! This is a song called Georgia Peach that Bernie wrote with a friend of his."

But hey, I could be wrong! Anyone else have any ideas?

That's what I hear too. I tried to make out the lyrics to the song but had no luck.

sodascouts
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the help whitcap! You have a good ear!

Gosh, it's just so amazing that after all this time, "new" material is still popping up. I can't get over what a great find this is! Thanks again, BBKron!

TimothyBFan
05-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Very, very cool!! I'm with all of you here on how special it is that we can still be getting "new" stuff from them.

Thank you so much for sharing BBKron, and welcome!!!

GettheLeadonOut!!
05-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Great stuff! Thanks a million BBKron. This is such an interesting period of the band and it's great to hear the "outtakes" (especially form Bernie)

Speaking of On the Border outtakes, I believe they also recorded Glen and J.D's "Bad Man" which would eventually show up on Randy's first solo album.

Henley Honey
05-04-2011, 07:34 PM
So, for more info on these songs (one by Henley, titled 'Wait and See', one by Leadon, possibly titled 'Learn and Teach' or 'Born to Teach'), and to download the complete show, follow this link:
http://bbchron.blogspot.com/2011/04/eagles-1973-11-21-holy-cross-college.html

If there is enough interest, I could also post just those 2 songs here.

That would be fabulous for an "electronically challenged" girl like me!

EaglesKiwi
05-05-2011, 04:16 AM
That would be fabulous for an "electronically challenged" girl like me!

And me! :lol::pray:

TimothyBFan
05-05-2011, 07:34 AM
And me three! :shrug:

MikeA
05-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Here you go ladies and gents:

http://mvabercrombie.net/Music/Wait%20and%20See.mp3

http://mvabercrombie.net/Music/Learn%20and%20Teach.mp3

I'll leave these up for a while but will eventually take them down. They represent about 37 megabytes of webspace <LOL>

TimothyBFan
05-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Mega-whats? :hilarious:

Thank you Mike!

Henley Honey
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I think its jigabytes not megawhats.

Thanks from me too !!

Brooke
05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Mike, cause I was wondering how in the world I was going to get to hear these! I'm also in that "electronically challenged" group!

Annabel
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
:laugh: I'm keeping quiet here. Not admitting my failures for all to see. :rofl: Luckily I have a friend who is ready and willing to help. Okay a friend with a big headache ;)

tequila girl
05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I also tried the original link....and yours too Mike....to no avail..........
is it 'cos i'm blonde/grey? or just thick? :headscratch:

anyways.........i'm waiting on a trusted friend to come to the rescue! :D

eta a few minutes after posting this I got something from Mike's link......things must be goin' slowwwwwwwww...........

GettheLeadonOut!!
05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Anybody want to take a stab at transcribing Bernie's "Georgia Peach"? (I think soda is right about the song title and possibly it's connection to Gram).

It's a great boogie woogie diddy, with great high harmony assistance from Randy. I think that's Glen on bottle neck and maybe Bernie on the guitar solo?

Time for the "On the Border Deluxe Edition" with these two songs dug out of the vaults, they are both excellent!

Brooke
05-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Finally got to listen to these! The first one is quite "groundbreaking" for the Eagles to do a song over 11 minutes long back then! I really like it though!

I think the last one is Georgia Peach, too, but I can't make out much else.

Wow, new old songs from the Eagles! Amazing! :shock:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
OMG - These are freakin' amazing!!!

Now thank you all for letting me indulge myself and take a moment to regain my composure. :lol:

I saw this thread when BBKron started it a few day ago, but have been so swamped this week that I hadn't had a chance to read (and listen) before now. First of all, a HUGE thank you to David M. and BBKron for sharing these gems with us. And to Mike as well for converting it to mp3 for us.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Just a tip for everyone - be patient ... it takes a while to download, but it is totally worth the time to hear these. It probably comes as no shock that I love both of them.

I think that these songs are truly an amazing find, as I have never heard any mention of them anywhere before, but they quite obviously were originally intended for the On The Border album, before it was reshaped and re-imagined under producer Bill Szymczyk's guidance. I think the songs are quite impressive. Would love to be able to hear studio versions of them (and any other songs that were disarded from these sessions).

Couldn't agree with you more!

Time for the "On the Border Deluxe Edition" with these two songs dug out of the vaults, they are both excellent!

Couldn't agree with you more, either!

These songs are awesome - so different from the band's other stuff at the time. They should have totally stuck with them and included them on the album. Would love to know why they didn't. I've often said, I would have loved to have heard Bernie do some more uptempo stuff with the band and this is exactly what I would had envisioned for him ... Georgia Peach (I think that's right too) ROCKS!!! Wait and See is great too - as Brooke said - totally different from anything else the band was doing at that time.

Okay - can hardly contain my excitement so I'm going back and take another listen!!!

Thanks again for sharing this guys!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Slider
05-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Though I wish the quality was a bit better, it was incredible to listen to some new eagles music from the mid 70's. I especially liked Wait & See, that absoutely should have been on On the Border. I think that could have been a hit.

I can only hope the recorded versions of Wait & See and Georga Peach still exist somewhere in a vault so they could be released some day.

I was listening to Wait and See to try and listen to the chord changes to try and figure out who wrote it. In some spots it sounded a bit like Outlaw man written by D. Blue. The first bit sounded like Take It Easy, and it does remind me of other Glen Frey songs. My best guess is that it was written by Glen Frey/Don Henley/Randy Meisner.

sodascouts
05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
The opening reminded me of Take It Easy, too.

There was only a limited amount of room on On the Border, so what would have to go to make room for these songs, though?

I know which one I would ditch: You Never Cry Like a Lover! Either of these are superior than that, but I think out of the two I prefer Wait and See.

Don and Glenn insist that there are no outtakes lying around, so I guess these tapes were destroyed when they left Glyn Johns. What a shame. :(

Slider
05-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I can only hope that either they simply forgot about those songs and they are lying aroud somewhere or they just said there were no more outtakes so people wouldn't keep bugging them to release them.

I would be tempted to actually write a letter to the eagles management inquiring if those two songs exist anymore and if so would thought ever be given to releasing them. If I did write a letter on the subject to them, I'm kinda doubtful I would get any response however.

Some things are simply lost to history unfortunately...

DJ
02-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Just listened to Wait and See and I do believe, and I've listened to a lot of Randy Meisnr, It's Don Henley on vocals, because you can hear Randy on the backup pretty clearly with his infamous twang.:heart: Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds to deep for Randy in the beginning. But....Then the very end sounds like Randy. There are a few songs where Glenn and Don both sing so maybe both did this one

Freypower
02-24-2014, 05:26 PM
I haven't heard it for a while but I thought it was either Bernie or Glenn singing lead, not Don Henley. But if you read Soda's post at the start of the thread, she thinks it is Randy.

sodascouts
02-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I think it's Randy, but who knows, I could be wrong. I'm just listening to it the same as everyone else, and I have no additional knowledge about it.

It could be like "Saturday Night" where both Randy and Don sing. I wish we knew more!

ootn75
03-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Love these! I would have preferred "Wait and See" to "Is It True." Well I'd have preferred all if them but I know they only had, what, 23 minutes either side? I'm voting it's Randy too. It sounds just like his voice to me & the style sounds like some of his solo stuff a little. The other song was really hard to hear. Maybe I'll get a chance in the near future to try with some better headphones.

ootn75
03-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Ok Wait & See sounds like Leaving on Tuesday to me. It came to me at 5:00 am. That's my deep thought of the day!:partytime:

UndertheWire
04-10-2014, 08:42 AM
I've been listening to all this and it's amazing to listen to a concert from the audience from way back when. Some random thoughts.

This is November 1973, after the On the Border recording sessions in London but before they went into the studio in LA. It's also pre-Felder, who joined in early 1974 when they were back in the studio but had already recorded most of the tracks. He came in to play slide on Good Day in Hell and then added extra lead guitar to Already Gone, which already had Glenn on lead. (I'm not 100% sure on all of that).

They played three songs that would eventually be on the On the Border album: Good Day in Hell, James Dean, Ol' 55. "Hell" without Felder still sounds pretty good. The James Dean arrangement is slight different and less polished but Ol' 55 is just about perfect.

They didn't play Best of my Love or You Never Cry Like a Lover, despite those already having been recorded. The concert was very short on lead vocals from Don.

Then the new songs which didn't make the final cut. I assumed "Wait and See" had Randy on lead vocals and if it's Randy on vocals, it's probably Glenn on lead guitar. Or maybe Glenn and Bernie trading lead?

I was suprised that the one from Bernie was a Rock 'n' Roll song. I wonder which friend he wrote it with.

Breaking down the vocal leads, I think it's
Glenn 7 leads and 2 co-leads
Bernie 4 leads
Randy 3 leads
Don 1 lead and 2 co-leads

I've read that back in the day, apart from the "We're the Eagles from Los Angeles", the band didn't speak to or interact with the audience. However, this recording has lots of talking from Glenn and he does respond to the audience.

There's a random comment from someone near the person recording about "Randy California on guitar" which got me wondering if he just got his Randys mixed up or was he chatting about Spirit in the middle of an Eagles concert!

Anyway, I love it. It's a bit more raw than some of the later stuff, but there's a lot of energy and the audience seem to be loving it.

Scarlet Sun
04-10-2014, 11:55 PM
I would say it's called "Oh Darlin'" and it's sung by Randy

Freypower
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
I would say it's called "Oh Darlin'" and it's sung by Randy

At the start of this thread the song is referred to as Oh Darlin' Wait & See because that is how it is introduced. To me it seems more likely that the actual title would be Wait & See.

Scarlet Sun
04-11-2014, 12:17 AM
At the start of this thread the song is referred to as Oh Darlin' Wait & See because that is how it is introduced. To me it seems more likely that the actual title would be Wait & See.
I guess we won't find out for sure unless the studio version is released someday

DJ
04-12-2014, 10:01 PM
So on my last post where I thought Don was singing, I think I had an ear infection or brain damage because after listening again to Oh Darlin, Wait and See it is definately Mr. Meinser. Boy I feel like crap being wrong about my guys voice!!!

ootn75
04-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Ok I've listened to this like a million times. Mostly because I really, really like it but partly because I'm obsessive that way. I've got more of the lyrics. Disclaimer - I'm not really known for my excellent hearing. Quite the opposite. I'm hoping some of you guys listen to nonstop Randy and can help me fill in some more blanks! I'm confident on about 90% of what I added in. Not telling which 90% but the stuff in brackets I was really unsure about.

Wait and See

Oh Darlin'
When you went on a long bumpy road

So if you need me
Think I could be your man
You really only need to love me
There'll be nothing anymore to say

We could be getting any [better]
And you always say to me
And the [option] is to never [?]
Wait and see
Wait and see

Sometimes I wonder
And if you don't mean to hurt me
With the problems that you hide

And we could wind up [better]
It's just [innocent] or [endless thing] [?]
All the lines that you’re saying
Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Wait and see
Wait and see

Oh, I'm a sinner
Nothin' left to lose
Oh I remember
I remember you
Remember
Oh yeah, I remember
I remember you
I remember
I remember what [we had] [?]

I remember
Ooh oooh
Remember
Ooh yeah I remember

Oh, I'm a sinner
Nothin' left to lose
Oh, I'm a sinner
Nothin' left to lose
I remember
Ooh I remember

Oh Darlin'
When you went down a long bumpy road

sodascouts
04-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Well, you have a lot fewer holes in your song than I do! I'll have to listen to it again. Thanks for your efforts, and for sharing the fruits of your labor!

They've always said they throw away stuff they didn't use, so I guess any good versions of this song went into File 13. Bootleg tapes of Fleetwood Mac demos and unreleased songs circulate all the time, but not the Eagles. What a shame! :(

ootn75
04-28-2014, 11:46 PM
So I'm bored almost to tears with a work thing I'm doing so I've listened like 100 more times. This line:

Might be this instead:
We could be given anything

And this line:

Might end with:
there or together

The Georgia Peach is a hopeless cause for me. Permanent hearing loss of low tones & it just pisses me off trying to figure any of it out!

Scarlet Sun
04-29-2014, 12:43 AM
So I'm bored almost to tears with a work thing I'm doing so I've listened like 100 more times. This line:
We could be getting into trouble

And this line:

Might end with:
there or together

We could wind up in trouble
if it's just a fantasy

UndertheWire
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
All the talk on the "Least Favourite" thread about the role of HC in pushing the band forward made me think of this bootleg and what a remarkable piece of Eagles history it is. It shows the band in transition. There's still bluegrass and ballads but there are a lot of "rockier" songs. No Felder, no Walsh so Frey and Leadon are having to work pretty hard.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Yep - I agree, UTW. As I said in the other thread, many of the band's songs that sound country by today's standards, were considered more rock and roll back in the 70's. I think part of the band's legacy is due to the successful way they were able to incorporate all styles of music into their catalog from the outset no matter who was in the band.

ootn75
06-04-2014, 12:17 AM
I meant to tell you that you made my day posting the rest of the lyrics. I wouldn't have gotten there on my own! ;o)

We could be getting into trouble

We could wind up in trouble
if it's just a fantasy

UndertheWire
10-16-2014, 10:28 AM
There's some interest in early live recordings in another thread, so I'm bumping this. It's a critical time in Eagles history - between producers, trying to rock more and pre-Felder. Go to the first post in the thread to get the download link.

NightMistBlue
02-02-2015, 11:07 AM
A belated but huge thank you for this, especially to Mike for posting the mp3 files (I wasn't able to download a rar thing to unzip the big files).

I'm thrilled with the Randy song, and the guitars are heavy heavy heavy. Very impressive.

scottside
11-05-2015, 12:04 AM
I was at an Eagles show on December 8th 1973 in New Jersey and they played one of these songs during it, but introduced it as a two part song by Randy called "Oh Darlin'" and "I'm A Sinner." Maybe they changed the title to or from "Wait and See" by this particular date. They didn't play "Georgia Peach" (unfortunately), but did play "Bad Man" which appears on Randy's first solo album. However, Glenn was the one who sang it. Randy's long medley is so different from anything else the band ever recorded. Too bad it's not on any album and I'm guessing it's not likely to ever show up now.

NightMistBlue
11-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.

Brooke
11-05-2015, 11:18 AM
SS, very cool that you were at that show! And that you can remember the details! :cool:

NightMistBlue
11-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Scottside, here's a photo of Randy wearing a Capitol Theatre t-shirt!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/mustache_zps5mgh4dqi.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Shenandoah07/capitol-theatre-passaic-new-jersey_zpsapfjn71l.jpg

scottside
11-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the information, Scottside! Very important and interesting details. You were at the Capitol Theater in Passaic, N.J.?

I agree it's a real pity that a studio recording of "Wait and See/I'm a Sinner" is apparently lost or destroyed. I can only hope that someone, somewhere has a copy.

Back in the day, The Capitol Theater was the place to go to see shows in the New York/New Jersey area, especially if you wanted to avoid going to NYC. It had about 3000+ seats and a very good sound system. I must've seen about 50 shows there over the years until the 80s or so when they stopped the concert stuff. I saw the Eagles there at least 4 times, twice in 1973, once in 1974 and once in 1975. After that, they were too big to play there and moved on to the arenas.

Love that Randy T-shirt, by the way!

NightMistBlue
11-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Wow, you are so lucky to have seen the original Eagles multiple times!

NightMistBlue
01-09-2016, 02:06 PM
This photo from the May 18, 1975 show at the Capitol Theater has turned up. Isn't it lovely? https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/3868_1629002540695237_9093216235321619445_n.jpg?oh =756303f79b233e7324df4d8326488e42&oe=5713DFD4

AlreadyGone95
01-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Sweaty Glenn, I like! Nice to find some old concert photos. Thanks NMB!

NightMistBlue
01-09-2016, 05:35 PM
I was surprised to see that Glenn was still wearing the patchy jeans as late as '75.

Isn't Randy's hair just perfect? I sure think so.

LuvTim
01-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Perfect Randy Hair!! ;-) :heart:

sodascouts
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I was surprised to see that Glenn was still wearing the patchy jeans as late as '75.

I thought both things when I saw this photo as well.

Maybe all of Glenn's newer pairs of jeans were in the wash - or in the possession of some groupie. ;)

NightMistBlue
01-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Yeah, he's lucky some besotted fan didn't steal his patchy jeans. I mentioned in another thread I read the autobiography of one of the guys in America (Dan Peek) who claimed people were always stealing their jeans! He suspected through the hotel laundry service.

I've been a devoted fan of various people at times, but that particular vice (stealing their clothes) would never occur to me. Just not imaginative enough, I guess. :)

OT: is there like an Indian headdress on Henley's bass drum, or am I looking at it funny?

DJ
01-12-2016, 02:39 PM

I too think his hair and himself and talent are Perfect NMB! Ha!

sodascouts
01-12-2016, 06:47 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/3868_1629002540695237_9093216235321619445_n.jpg?oh =756303f79b233e7324df4d8326488e42&oe=5713DFD4
OT: is there like an Indian headdress on Henley's bass drum, or am I looking at it funny?

I thought it was a painted-on decoration.... hard to tell though.

NightMistBlue
11-07-2017, 12:42 PM
A version of "Wait and See" hath appeared unto us, and it sounds clearer. It's still the same performance from the Holy Cross concert, but it sounds like someone has cleaned it up a bit. Thank you, Someone. :cheers:

http://mvabercrombie.net/Music/Wait%20and%20See.mp3

This remarkable song needs to be released! The studio version!

Delilah
11-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Thanks, NMB! :thumbsup:

New Kid In Town
11-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Wow, very cool ! Thank you NMB and as you said, thanks to whomever posted it. I would love to have video of that Holy Cross concert. They did some great songs. I love the early Eagles concert footage.

sodascouts
11-07-2017, 10:03 PM
I know who posted that, and he's awesome, so yes - thanks to him! I love these rarities (so much for there not being any outtake songs).

Magnolia
11-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Normally I don't tend to like longer songs like this one but I really enjoyed listening to it. I would have loved to hear it as a studio version.

Dawn
11-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Awesome, thank you!

pocojim
03-29-2020, 11:24 PM
I was at the Holy Cross concert. In fact, I was sitting on the floor just a few feet from the 'stage' (risers on the field house floor). I was thrilled to come across the recording recently, despite the rather low fidelity. I was there to review the concert for the college newspaper. I still have a copy of my review. I do not, however, recall either of the two unreleased songs. I was very familiar with the Eagles first two albums, and mentioned other then-unreleased songs (James Dean, Good Day in Hell, Ol' 55) in the review. I tried to attach a copy of my review but the scanned image is too large for this board.

Jim

UndertheWire
04-01-2020, 09:40 AM
I'd love to read your review, so if you can find a way of reducing its size, please do.

New Kid In Town
04-01-2020, 05:43 PM
We have talked about this concert forever ! Any info you can give would be great !

sodascouts
04-10-2020, 05:13 PM
I was at the Holy Cross concert. In fact, I was sitting on the floor just a few feet from the 'stage' (risers on the field house floor). I was thrilled to come across the recording recently, despite the rather low fidelity. I was there to review the concert for the college newspaper. I still have a copy of my review. I do not, however, recall either of the two unreleased songs. I was very familiar with the Eagles first two albums, and mentioned other then-unreleased songs (James Dean, Good Day in Hell, Ol' 55) in the review. I tried to attach a copy of my review but the scanned image is too large for this board.

Jim

Pocojim, trying using a third party site, like imgur.com (https://imgur.com/). We'd all love to read it!