PDA

View Full Version : Celebration of Feed the Fire

whitcap
05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Timothy's Feed the Fire album was released 10 years ago today! I think this may be my favorite Timothy album. :)

http://timothybschmitonline.com/images/ftfshot.jpg

http://timothybschmitonline.com/images/ftfposter.jpg

http://timothybschmitonline.com/images/feedthefireback.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
05-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, wc. Being as we are celebrating Mother's Day here in the states, I have limited time on the board today. I knew there were a few special occasions that needed to be recognized though, so I popped in to do that. I was very pleased to see you had taken care of this for me. :wink:

Anyway, I'll try to comment more on this album when I have more time, but I like it a lot too. Expando is now my favorite, but I waver back and forth on where this one stands among my favorites of Tim's solo work. I can't decide if this one or Tell Me the Truth is my second favorite, so I guess I need to do more homework! :lol: This album does contain my all time favorite Tim solo song though, which is Every Song Is You - absolutely LOVE it!!!

sodascouts
05-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I love this album - and recently, it's become much easier for fans to get at a reasonable price! It's back in print!

http://www.amazon.com/Feed-Fire-Timothy-B-Schmit/dp/B00005JCI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1304877705&sr=8-1

A must-have for all Tim fans.

EaglesFanatic
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
This, along with Expando, is his best album IMO. Happy 10 year anniversary to Feed The Fire! :yay:

whitcap
05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
My favorite goes back and forth between Feed the Fire and Expando. Right now Feed the Fire is my favorite.

UK TimFan
05-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Feed the Fire has my favourite Tim song of all - The shadow.

Loved it from the first time I played it, and then it was the first song he sang at Cadogan Hall last year (so therefore the first song I heard him sing live).

Can't pick a favourite album though - love them all!

AzEaglesFan
05-08-2011, 08:58 PM
The Shadow is my favorite Timothy song.

sodascouts
05-08-2011, 09:02 PM
OK, some of my thoughts:

The Shadow (http://youtu.be/Mk8-oa6kMy4) - I love this song. Such beautiful guitar, a wonderful vocal, and an interesting melody that doesn't go where you expect it to, yet holds together perfectly. Very sophisticated. One of his best songs.

Every Song Is You (http://youtu.be/r0RCaRiuhxE) - This is my favorite Timothy song. It's so fun and catchy - you can't help but sing along with that chorus. Strong melody, strong vocal... Tim just excels on this song.

Make You Feel My Love (http://youtu.be/J-pGXDB4Ie4) - Ooooh, the vocals here make me melt. The best version of this song I've ever heard (I know, I'm biased, lol). It gives me chills. Magnificent.

I'll Always Let You In - This song reminds me of "Tell Me What You Dream" in some parts, and structurally it reminds me of "The Shadow." It's not my favorite - the chorus sounds a bit too BeeGee for my taste - but I do like the song's pep.

Running - A little too sedate for me... a very sleepy song. Ironic considering it's named "Running"! It does pick up energy at the bridge but then it returns to sleepy-ville.

I'm Not Angry Anymore - This song intrigues me. Who is he talking about here? It's so different but it works. I really like it. Nice guitar solo, too.

Give Me Back My Sight - Another song that defies expectations. It starts out almost barbershop, then takes on a jazzy vibe. While it's not a standout track, I think it works overall.

You Are Everything - I didn't realize this had been recorded by others until I heard it played at a party with someone other than Timothy singing! I was disappointed, as you can imagine, lol. It's a little too sleepy to be at the top of my list, but it's certainly not bad and chorus can get stuck in your head (I know from experience). Good harmonies.

Top of the Stairs (http://youtu.be/XTMKDoXGoDU) - Tim harmonizing with himself acapella. What a great showcase for his amazing voice, which of course is flawless here. Love it!

Moment of Truth - Very catchy song, great melody. This is such an underrated song. I think it's great!

Song for Owen - This song is so touching and sweet. His vocal is so gentle... love it. Great way to end the album.

I'm with the consensus this far - Feed the Fire is right up there with Expando as my favorite Timothy album!

TimothyBFan
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I pretty much agree with everything Soda has said above, right down to Every Song Is You being my all time favorite song from Timothy (tho Secular Praise has become an extremely close 2nd).

And on the shallow side-----how freakin' gorgeous is he in EVERY picture during the Feed The Fire era!?!?!?:heybaby:

05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Willie - Secular Praise is very high on my list as well - it is absolutely beautiful.

As far as those FTF photos - they are great. But like I said in another thread today, I don't like soul patches so if someone could photoshop the soul patch out for me, the hotness factor would shoot way up! :lol:

whitcap
05-08-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm bringing this thread forward for the 11th anniversary of Feed the Fire! This album is tied with Expando as my favorite Timothy album.

TimothyBFan
05-08-2012, 07:37 AM
My 2nd favorite Timothy album only after Expando came out. In looking back, even last year I was still saying Every Song Is You was my favorite song with Secular Praise being a close 2nd. I'd have to say that they have probably reversed now but it actually probably depends on my mood. Secular Praise has very special meaning to me and touches me so many ways where Every Song Is You is just fun and I love it for completely different reasons.

Besides ESIY, I love Top Of The Stairs, Make You Feel My Love and The Shadow.

On a completely shallow note, how freakin' sexy is he in all the pictures on the cd? :drool:

zeldabjr
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
oh, Willie, I'm always a little shallow when it comes to TB... I admit it...and yes:drool::thud::heart::smitten:to the pics on the Cd....but I do love this CD just as much as Expando I think...My favorite song on this CD is "Make You Feel My Love".... I would :thud: if he did this one live!

zelda

sodascouts
05-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Happy anniversary to Feed the Fire - released 13 years ago today! I really enjoy this album. My second favorite after Expando.

MaryCalifornia
05-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Thanks, Soda. Time to do some listening!! And searching on e-Bay.

Brooke
05-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Happy Anniversary to Feed the Fire! It would be my pick after Expando, too!

SallyGee
05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Although Expando is my favorite Timothy CD, Feed the Fire will always have a special place in my heart. It came out after our house burned down. I remember lying in a rented bed, in a rented house, listening to a radio interview with Timothy talking about his new album. It really took my mind off of things for a little while. The title was pretty ironic for me.

05-10-2014, 11:23 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FEED THE FIRE!!!

Like many of you, this is also my second favorite of Timothy's solo albums next to Expando. This has been a busy couple of weeks for solo albums. Last week I was celebrating by listening to Joe's The Confessor, and am now celebrating Glenn's After Hours. After I finish listening to that in a few days, I'll celebrate Feed the Fire. Such a chore listening to all this great music. :thumbsup:

ETA: SG, that is a very touching story. I'm very sorry about your house, but it does make us realize how powerful music can be in our lives.

irga
05-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Although Expando is my favorite Timothy CD, Feed the Fire will always have a special place in my heart. It came out after our house burned down. I remember lying in a rented bed, in a rented house, listening to a radio interview with Timothy talking about his new album. It really took my mind off of things for a little while. The title was pretty ironic for me.
Oh my, what a story, SG! :shock:

zeldabjr
05-11-2014, 06:07 PM
I love this CD...just about every song...and every time "Song For Owen" comes on...I get tears in my eyes...so sweet...can you imagine your father writing a song for you?...

irga
05-12-2014, 04:36 AM
Oh yes, Zelda. And how about "Top Of the Stairs" written to you by your man? My, "We'll remember what heaven's for, it's waiting behind that door"...

zeldabjr
05-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh yes, Zelda. And how about "Top Of the Stairs" written to you by your man? My, "We'll remember what heaven's for, it's waiting behind that door"...

well Irga...that's a whole different ballgame lol...getting a tear in my eye is not what happens to me when I hear that..is it getting hot in here or is it just me? :blush:

sodascouts
05-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Let's not forget to wish Feed the Fire a happy birthday! It was released May 8, 2001... 14 years ago now!

bluefeather
05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Happy birthday Feed the Fire! 14 years already!:partytime:

05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
HAPPY 14TH ANNIVERSARY FEED THE FIRE!!!

This is my second favorite of Tim's solo efforts and includes one of my very favorite Tim solo songs - Every Song Is You. Tim's vocals on this album are absolutely superb!

shunlvswx
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Happy 15th Birthday to Feed the Fire.

LuvTim
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
:heart:Happy Birthday, Feed The Fire:heart:

zeldabjr
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Happy 15th Birthday Feed the Fire!!...you are wonderful!!!

sodascouts
05-09-2016, 10:39 AM
One of Timothy's best!

Brooke
05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Love it! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
05-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Happy 16th Birthday to Feed the Fire.

LuvTim
05-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Feed The Fire!! Whoaaaa....:inlove:

Gemini
05-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Love every song on this cd and every picture that came with it! I still listen to it almost every day at work. Did I mention the pictures?!:blush:

05-30-2020, 12:50 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO FEED THE FIRE!!!

The anniversary was actually several weeks ago, but I wanted to acknowledge it before the end of the month. This is a really good album and it contains my very favorite all-time Timothy solo song - Every Song is You. Love that song!