PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DonFan
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Concert season is definitely starting so I thought we could start a thread to talk about that.

Of course, I hope we will soon be talking about EAGLES concerts, but until then.....

I just found our Stevie Nicks is coming to Chastain in Atlanta on June 4, and my sister is getting a table so we can be close. Stevie's opening act is Chris Isaaks, who is also really good. Should be a great show!

glenneaglesfan
03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
That's cool, DF, and great that you have good seats. Thanks for starting this thread. I had plans to see Genesis but the seats sold out very quickly. It's interesting that most of my friends of around my age seem to have started going to concerts again.

EasyFeeling
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh, I would love to see Stevie Nicks but I doubt she would come to Germany. :?

Yeah GEF, I got my Genesis tickets a few months ago and I'm so looking forward to. What I not really like is it's in a large stadium and I like more the smaller concerts.
Speaking about smaller shows... only 6 weeks until I get to see my beloved Keith Urban :D :D :D You can't imagine how much I look forward to that show. For preparation I will make a T-shirt with a beautiful picture on it and all fans from the German message board will bring a cloth in black/white with pictures of him and his trade mark, the monkey. Of course Keith will get one too. :wink: I feel like I'm 18. :shock: :D

Last but not least I will go to Toto in Summer. But I have no ticket so far.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh EF - How exciting for you. I didn't realize you are going to get to see your beloved Keith. I'm sure that will be a thrill for you.

As far as me, I'm saving all my money so I can go to as many Eagles' shows as possible. :wink:

sodascouts
03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm going to fly to Las Vegas to see Stevie Nicks for two nights at Caesar's Palace in about ten days. I'm also going to see Lindsey Buckingham the day after Easter in Chicago. Finally, I plan to see Stevie and Chris Isaak whenever they're in driving distance.

And yes, I am a Fleetwood Mac FREAK!

Maleah
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
well, we don't get many concerts up in my neck of the woods......so I'm more concerned about saving up enough cash to get a GREAT seat to the Eagles! Well......that and traveling to wherever is closest :laugh: Since I doubt they will probably be coming to ND again this tour :(

EasyFeeling
03-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Maleah, as far as I remember you've said Keith is coming to your area for a show in summer. Do you not want to go?

Oh, I would love to see the Eagles this year. But I can't make it it's too expensive so I have to wait until they come to Europe again. :(
So this year my full attention goes to Keith especially since he probably comes back to finish his world tour in Germany in fall. That means I would get to see him twice this year. :D :D

Maleah
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I would love to go see Keith again! But I'm not sure if he cancelled or if they just haven't officially announced it yet or not because there is no ticket info or anything yet.

glenneaglesfan
03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
EF, that is great that you are going to get one or maybe even two chances to see Keith, and you got Genesis tickets too.

Soda, sounds like you are in for another Stevie/Lindsey fest.

It's just been announced that George Michael is going to play at our local football stadium (Plymouth Argyle). A colleague at work was complaining about the ticket prices (£80). I had to bite my lip before I blurted out how much I spent on Eagles tickets last year! :blush: Elton John is also coming to Plymouth. I'd have liked to have seen him, but tickets sold out within a couple of days.

Perfect Little Sister
03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I cannot believe that Soda is leaving Vegas the day before I arrive! How did we let this happen? I'm going to be in Vegas March 23-25 for my daughter's cheerleading competition and I am seriously contemplating going to see Stevie on the 24th. There are still seats available in the orchestra section on the extreme side. I have to mention (again) that I scored on stage tickets to see Sammy Hagar in Tahoe on May 4th! :partytime: They sold out in 12 minutes or something like that. The general audience tickets for his Saturday show sold out in 4 minutes! I missed out on those. :( There were people standing in line at a TM outlet and by the time the system went online the concert was already sold out!

EasyFeeling
03-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I would love to go see Keith again! But I'm not sure if he cancelled or if they just haven't officially announced it yet or not because there is no ticket info or anything yet.

From where did you get the info he would come to your area if they haven't announced it officially?

GEF, I've heard about the shows of George Michael here in Germany. People said it was FANTASTIC. I really regret that I didn't go.
Yesterday I've learnt that Take That are going to play in Germany/Hamburg. I know they were a so-called boygroup back then but I always loved their music and noticed they advanced to a serious band with great songs. I love every single song of their latest album.
Sadly the concert is almost sold out. I've heard they do an awesome show so I'm really sad I can't go. Apart from this no one would go with me. :?

Brooke
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Keith will be near me in June, but I can't buy tickets until I hear about the Eagles. Heaven forbid they be near me on the same night! The best seats are sold out now of course! :roll:

Come on guys! Do Something! :lol:

Maleah
03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
From where did you get the info he would come to your area if they haven't announced it officially

I had two people tell me that they mentioned it on the radio but it's not on his website or anything.

EasyFeeling
03-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Ah yes. I cross my fingers for you that he comes to your town after all. :)

tbs fanatic
03-11-2007, 12:59 AM
OMG wouldn't it be terrible if The Eagles came to your neck of the woods and it sold out before you got a ticket :shock: :shock: :shock: Aaaaaaugh! Or the only seat you could get was a really crappy one :shock: Would you still buy it???

Maleah
03-11-2007, 01:58 AM
I think I'd cry.........but I'd still buy it :laugh: It may be my only chance to hear them live :? (I said HEAR them live because I probably wouldn't be able to SEE them ;) :laugh: )

tbs fanatic
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
That would be sooooo sad :cry:

Maleah
03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
yes! It would be! I'd be devastated!

By the way, I love your avatar :D

tbs fanatic
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Don't worry - we'll get crappy seats together and then we can sit and sob :cry: That way it will still be fun :D

03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Well ladies - IMO, crappy seats to an Eagles concert is definately better that no seat at all. But if you can afford to, it would be wonderful for you if you can get a really good seat. It definately enhances the concert 'experience'. I'm going to try to spring for at least one ILAA ticket for the upcoming tour. I'll probably buy the tickets for any other shows I attend off of the Internet. You can sometimes get decent tickets for not a lot over face value if you want to take the time to search for them.

tbs fanatic
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably only be able to go to ONE concert so I'm praying they will come to my area and I'm able to get a decent seat - pray, pray, pray, pray, pray. :pray:

Maleah
03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
well, I'm told a front row ticket here the last time was $150-200..................so if that's the case........I'll only be going to one as well :lol: *sigh* I laughed there.....but I felt like crying! LOL

tbs fanatic
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm in the same boat as you. $200 :shock: :shock: :shock: How am I going to get that past hubby?????

03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm crossing my fingers that everyone here will get to see them at least once. We're getting down to the wire here, and this could be some of our last chances. :shock:

And tbs - hubby's just aren't supposed to know everything! :twisted:

Brooke
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
It'll probably just be one for me, too! But I am planning to go for the VIP for it.

sodascouts
03-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm definitely going to be doing ILAA, even if it is just once!

EasyFeeling
03-13-2007, 02:21 PM
I think I don't need to worry if I get a good or a bad seat. I will get NOTHING at all! :(

03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
I think I don't need to worry if I get a good or a bad seat. I will get NOTHING at all! :(

Awww - now I'm sad! :cry: It is a shame, but I bet they'll be back to see everyone one more time before they call it quits.

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
They'd BETTER come back even one more time, and if they do....? Well I might take the daughter instead of the hubby as at this stage (aged 6 by then) she'd probably be heartbroken not to go! I could probably get away with more adulation of GLENN in her presence rather than his since we're both mad!! And she's a big fan of Tim

:idea:
Here's how I'd manage it:

Eagles Front Row Tickets

LIMO transport

Programmes and Sweatshirts (Icecreams for the kiddie)

Minute camera to sneak past Security and use away from their eagle eyes

.....A 'Look' from Glenn Frey...... :D :D :D

........Meeting him afterwards........ :D :D :D

A night out with The Eagles (and Glenn)...Priceless!!!

For everything else there's Mastercard!

(well girls if I can't dream here where can I :?: ) :rockon:

EasyFeeling
03-14-2007, 09:36 AM
GA, that sounds like a very good plan. :D

Dreamer, what do you think how long will it take till I get to see them? Probably 2009 or 2010?

tbs fanatic
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
:

And tbs - hubby's just aren't supposed to know everything! :twisted:

Oh how true :D

Freypower
03-21-2007, 06:19 PM
We went to see Ross Noble last night. He is a comedian from just north of Newcastle, hubby's home town. He does improvisation and surreal free form rants - nothing is scripted - and he involves the audience to a great extent. I enjoyed it for the most part but like many comedy shows it's hard to remember any of it once it ends. What was good was going to Newtown which is a trendy inner city suburb, and I did see one celebrity in a restaurant - a guy called John Clarke who does fake 'interviews' as the Prime Minister & so forth on the ABC.

Randy's Girl
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going to see Whole Lotta Led next Thursday in Southampton. They're a Led Zep tribute band and they're fantastic, and I'm not even a Led Zep fan! I've seen them twice already with my friend who is a fan. The music and the energy is amazing. I strongly recommend them.

Molly
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I must be getting desperate to find a concert, any concert to go to this Summer since, as of right now, any Eagles concert plans have gone away. This morning, a local radio station announced a festival that will be playing nearby in June. I let out a little squeal when I heard who would be playing at the first day of the festival: The Bay City Rollers. :blush:

I've corralled a friend from work (who I know attended a Rollers concet back in the 70's) to go along with me. (She also let out a little squeal when I told her about it today, and then she covered her mouth and turned beet red).

All day long I've been thinking about my best friend from grade school, Monica. She and I went to see the Bay City Rollers when we were 10 years old (our 1st concert experience). She had the cool young Dad (as opposed to my old grumpy Dad) and he used to take us to see all the popular pre-teen concerts: The Rollers, Andy Gibb, etc. He was a saint for putting up with all that high pitched screaming (and that was just us in the car on the drive to the concert)! I haven't talked to Monica in probably 13 or 14 years (she moved away, we both had kids and got busy). Ironically, I recently dreamed about her (we were at an Eagles concert, they were performing in a barn and there was a flying pig-but that's a whole other story :? ).

Anyway, I called her parents house this afternoon and talked to her Dad. He's kind of hard of hearing now (Geez, you don't think all that high pitched screaming had anything to do with his hearing loss?). He told me Monica moved back to Wisconsin last Summer and is living about 50 miles from here! He gave me her number and I'm going to be giving her a call. How cool would it be to re-connect at something like a Bay City Roller's concert!

Maybe the Summer won't be so bad after all!

Brooke
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM
That's a great story, Molly! I hope it works out for you and your friend to get together! :D

Glennsallnighter
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Way to Go Molly, what a wonderful story. Hope you and your friend manage to meet up together soon 50 miles is nothing these days! and I'd say 13 or 14 years will fall off you both the minute you meet. I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream! :D

Freypower
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
That is great Molly, I hope you enjoy it & meeting up again.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to see Steely Dan in September on their first ever visit here.

Also I'm going to an expensive Labor Party fundraiser in a couple of weeks. No, it isn't a concert but I hope the new Leader of the Opposition will in fact become Prime Minister. The last function of this type I attended, I got the autograph of & my photo taken with the party's previous great hope, who shall we say self-destructed. I don't know if I should take a Midnight Oil CD in the hope that I might get Peter Garrett, their former singer & now Shadow Environment spokesman, to sign it.

Anyway.... it's always nice to be in the same room as Labor legends Gough Whitlam & Bob Hawke (I hope a couple of you overseas have heard of those two at least)! :blush:

Molly
04-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream! :D

I seldom dream and when I do, I hardly every remember the dream -but this one I remember in vivid detail. Why is it I can't have a warm fuzzy Glenn dream? He finally visits my dreams, and it's right out of a Stephen King novel! It was so weird!

The dream left me with so many unanswered questions:

Why are the Eagles performing in a barn? Why did Glenn think his shiny silver suit was a good fashion choice for a barn performance? Why was I at the show with an old school friend and not one of my Eagles's friends? Why was the pig a flying pig? Why were there dachsunds running all over the place?

I told you it was weird! :headscratch:

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmm, flying pigs eh? I seem to remember an expression having to do with that....

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream! :D

I seldom dream and when I do, I hardly every remember the dream -but this one I remember in vivid detail. Why is it I can't have a warm fuzzy Glenn dream? He finally visits my dreams, and it's right out of a Stephen King novel! It was so weird!

The dream left me with so many unanswered questions:

Why are the Eagles performing in a barn? Why did Glenn think his shiny silver suit was a good fashion choice for a barn performance? Why was I at the show with an old school friend and not one of my Eagles's friends? Why was the pig a flying pig? Why were there dachsunds running all over the place?

I told you it was weird! :headscratch:

I have some pretty cool dreams about Glenn too, some fuzzy and most unprintable, but never one where he wears a shiny silver suit. My guess is that he was told to wear it as a publicity thing. The Old School Friend is probably to do with reestablishing contact with your old friend. The barn, the pig, ...oh I give up

Molly
04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Hmm, flying pigs eh? I seem to remember an expression having to do with that....

Sadly, that's the conclusion I also came to.

EasyFeeling
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Yesterday I went to see Lionel Richie. What can I say? It was outstanding. :D That man knows how to entertain the audience. What a charisma he has, unbelievable. And his band was great, too.

We had seats in the 18th row, not the best but it was ok. They had 3 screens so we could see everything. I didn't take photos because I just wanted to enjoy the show without any distraction and we were dancing All Night Long. :wink:

He did all his hits and the songs with the Commodores (don't remember the full set list). Needless to say people wanted to hear the older songs.

Hello
Just For You
Penny Lover
Running With The Night
Brick House
All Night Long
Lady
Say You Say Me
Dancing On The Ceiling
Ballerina Girl
Three Times A Lady
Endless Love (the audience did the part of Diana Ross :wink: )
Stuck On you

just to mention a few.

And two songs from his new album Coming Home: Call It Love and All Around The World.

And what comes next? :wink: On Sunday I will go to my personal highlight of the year, guess who? :wink:

Brooke
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Sounds like a great show, EF. I always liked most of those songs!

Wish I could go with you Sunday! 8)

sodascouts
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
First Lionel, than your special guy (other than Glenn of course, lol). Sounds like it'll be a fun time!

EasyFeeling
04-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Brooke, that would be great if you could go with me. 8)

We've finished our preparation, we've got our T-shirts and bandana with his picture on it. Marc, the admin of our forum has sent one bandana for each member of the band to their record company so Keith and the band will find these in their hotel rooms.

Yes Nancy, I'm very excited. :)

EasyFeeling
04-19-2007, 08:25 AM
:shock: OMG, I've just learned Keith will come back to Germany in October for 5 additional concerts! How cool is that?
Even if I can't see the Eagles this is going to be a great concert year. :D

sodascouts
04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm glad a double dose of Keith eases the pain of Eagles deprivation!

04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow - I'm a little late on this, but Molly's flying pig, Glenn silver suit dream has some very significant meaning, I'm sure. I just can't figure out what in the world it could be! :wink: :D

EF - I am so glad you will get to see Keith twice this year. But remember, you have to save some of that money to make a trip to the U.S. for an Eagles show. :wink: :wink:

EasyFeeling
04-19-2007, 03:20 PM
EF - I am so glad you will get to see Keith twice this year. But remember, you have to save some of that money to make a trip to the U.S. for an Eagles show. :wink: :wink:

I know, I know. 8) But I have to take advantage of that special situation. :wink: Today I met a girl from our German forum who lives around the corner. We are making plans for our trip to see Keith in fall. Probably we go to Hamburg again and the day after Berlin. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. :shock: These concerts take place in larger venues this time so I guess it's enough to buy the tickets next week.

My plan to see the Eagles in the US is still in my mind it all depends on how it goes with my uncle.

Maleah
04-19-2007, 11:13 PM
*sigh* You know.........we never get concerts up here...........but when we do it never works out for me.LOL As I think I've mentioned before, I'm a big country fan. So our state fair announces that Reba McEntire and Dierks Bentley will be playing.......but don't mention the date. Then I'm just about thrilled to pieces because I saw this week that Martina McBride is going to be within 3 hours on July 20. So fair finally announces dates. Reba is also July 20. THEN they announce that Chris Daughtry will ALSO be playing..........on the 21st and Dierks will be the 27th. So ALL of them are the same month and within a week of each other. :? Geez! Martina's by far my fav. singer of the bunch, but I've heard Reba puts on an amazing concert. And I'm also a big fan of Chris. *sigh* decisions, decisions

EasyFeeling
04-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh, so many concerts. :shock: That costs a lot of money if you want to attend all these concerts. :wink:

I'm going bankrupt this year, I know that! I don't know if I told you that I will move in June. Yesterday I bought all the furnishing for my kitchen that costs me a lot of money. Then all the concerts this year and I will go to see the musical Mamma Mia in May.

Today I've read the first reviews of the first Keith show in Munich. OMG, that sounds like a fantastic show. :D He played for 2 hours and did a lot of the songs from his new album. But of course the older ones too. And...what makes me absolutely crazy... he jumped from the stage and was singing a song among the crowd so people could touch him. :shock:

Brooke
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
And...what makes me absolutely crazy... he jumped from the stage and was singing a song among the crowd so people could touch him. :shock:

Aaack! :shock: 8)

Maleah
04-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Well........I bit the bullet and bought 3rd row tickets to see Martina. Turns out she's here on the 22nd instead of the 20th. SO.................that means............if everything works out right ;).......I will see Reba on Friday, Daughtry on Saturday, Martina on Sunday and Dierks Bentley the following Friday :laugh: :shock: Don't worry the tickets for Reba and Bentley come together ( could also see Randy Owen from Alabama and Big & Rich on the same ticket if I wanted too)

EasyFeeling
04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow, that sounds like a fantastic concert week. 8)

Maleah
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow, that sounds like a fantastic concert week. 8)

It'll do in a pinch ;) Now.........don't ask me where I'm going to get the money if the Eagles suddenly decide to tour :laugh:

sodascouts
04-20-2007, 08:46 PM
EF, if you go bankrupt, at least it will have been worth it! lol

Maleah, it sounds like you're going to have quite a week there. Let us know how it goes!

Maleah
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I know! I'm so excited about it! We never get concerts up here, and then to be able to go to that many.....well I'm just thrilled :D

Here's to me adding Eagles tickets to that at a later date ;)

Freypower
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I booked for Steely Dan in September. At 3 minutes past 9 there were no seats left on the arena floor. :? I didn't think it would be THAT popular.

Maleah
04-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow! I would have never guessed they would have sold THAT fast either! Impressive!

04-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Hope you all have a wonderful time at all these concerts. It sounds like a lot of fun. Me - I'm just saving all my money so I can buy ILAA tickets to see a certain band when they tour again! :wink:

sodascouts
04-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Same here, Dreamer, except I also have to budget for Fleetwood Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Yikes!

EasyFeeling
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi folks,

just wanted to tell you a bit from the Keith show in Hamburg yesterday.

Wow, it was just fantastic and mind blowing. :shock: :D Almost better than the Eagles show last year. But this would be comparing apples with oranges. Totally different shows. I can say the Eagles and Keith were the best concerts I've ever seen in my whole life.

We were waiting for 4 hours in front of the venue but that wasn't bad because we met a few guys from our German board and we could listen to the soundcheck so time went by really fast.

As I already said it was a smaller club with 1200 people and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. We got 4th row and had a great view on the stage.

We were glad the opener Kim Frank wasn't there and didn’t open for Keith so we could enjoy two guys from his band (Jerry Flowers and Chris Rodriguez, our Keith fans Maleah and Brooke sure know who they are :wink: ) and both did a great job. They were playing for almost an half hour and did a couple of cover songs.
But I have to say I was a bit impatient because I wanted to see Keith. :wink:

At 22 pm finally Keith entered the stage and he charmed me from the first song. Wow, what a man! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d078.gif I couldn’t get my eyes off him most of the time, I was overwhelmed with his charisma, the way he moved while he was singing and playing guitar. He was sweating so much you could see the sweat running down his arms and across the guitar. :shock:
Speaking about guitars... he changed the guitar to every song and I knew his guitar playing is just brilliant but I didn't know it is that good.

One time he made a little mistake on the lyrics to Can’t Stop Loving You and he laughed out loud about himself. That was so funny and cute. :D I love it when he laughs in that way. And he laughed a lot in that show. :D

In between he read the signs and one girl were lucky to get his attention with the her sign (don’t know anymore what was written on it) and he jumped from the stage, came over to that girl, hugged and kissed her on her cheek and posed for a photo. That was so awesome because we were standing only 2 meters away so I could see him pretty close. I noticed his eyes, skin, lips, hair...wow, that man looks so good and sexy.

The whole band had so much fun doing this show you could see it.
People were singing along every song and didn't want to let him go. He came back 3 times for encores and dedicated one song to his wife.

After 2 hours he left the stage. Now I’m suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms but today I bought my ticket for the Hamburg show in October so have something to look forward to. :wink:

Oh, and I caught a guitar pick, sadly not Keith's but from Jerry. :wink:

Randy's Girl
04-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow!!! That sounds fantastic, EF! You are so lucky to have seen him. I'm glad it was a good show and that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the report!

sodascouts
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for telling us about that concert, EF. It sounds terrific!

Brooke
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow, EF! Sounds like you had an awesome time! How cool to catch a pick no matter who's! And he came out in the crowd and was only a couple meters away?! How did you control yourself?!

I would have died and gone to heaven right then! :roll: :D 8)

Maleah
04-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Woohoo!!! :D I'm so glad you got to experience Keith live! Luckily for you, you were MUCH closer than I was.........but with Keith you enjoy him no matter where you are. ;) That's really cool though that you got a pick from Jerry! I loved him when he was here! so cool and talented!

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Wow, EF! Sounds like you had an awesome time! How cool to catch a pick no matter who's! And he came out in the crowd and was only a couple meters away?! How did you control yourself?!

I would have died and gone to heaven right then! :roll: :D 8)

To be honest I don't know. :wink: All what I know is it was wonderful.
I haven't written all my impressions because it would fill a whole page here. :wink: Only one thing: After the soundcheck Jerry and Chris came out to us and some of us took the chance to get photos and autographs. Both are cool guys. 8)

I don't have time today on work I just wanted to post some photos:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/chris-jerry-hh.jpg
Jerry and Chris, the did the following songs:

Roll To Me (Del Amitri)
Raspberry Beret (Prince),
Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley),
Summertime :?
Sara Smile (Hall & Oates),
Sign Sealed Delivered (Steve Wonder)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-09.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-08.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-11.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-05.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-04.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-02.jpg

... and the crowd:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/KU-hh-Fans1.jpg

Maleah
04-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Very nice pics EF! :shock: :D I especially like the ones with the gold guitar!

I thought it was really cool of Keith when we saw him, because he let all of his band members do song on their own about midway through (I think he had to go to the bathroom though ;) :laugh: ) and then came out and played drums while Jerry was singing his. I shouldn't have been suprised, as some of the backup singers for people have better voices than the main act, but his band all had great voices! We (my brother, niece, and I) especially liked Jerry (seems like I'm saying his name a lot :roll: lol )

Did he do the same with you EF? Or did he just have them "open" for him?

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 07:32 AM
No Maleah, he didn't. I think since Chris and Jerry opened for him they decided not to do this.
I didn't know the song "Hallelujah" before and while Jerry did that song, I had tears in my eyes, honestly. :shock: That was so moving, you can't imagine. Same for "Got It Right This Time". That was the song Keith dedicated to Nicole. I had to control myself not to cry.
Raining On Sunday was done in a very emotional acoustic version by Keith alone on stage... and he let us sing a lot of the lyrics.
"Better Half" was an acoustic version too, but with the whole band, they played that song with 5 guitars. That reminded me of a certain band. :wink:

I think he was better than ever. A lot of people who had seen him before said that. It was a perfect! concert, the best sound I've ever heard, Keith pure, wild, honest and emotional.
I better stop here. :shock: But you're absolutely right Jerry is amazing. :wink:

Maleah
04-24-2007, 07:36 AM
No Maleah, he didn't. I think since Chris and Jerry opened for him they decided not to do this.
I didn't know the song "Hallelujah" before and while Jerry did that song, I had tears in my eyes, honestly. :shock: That was so moving, you can't imagine. Same for "Got It Right This Time". That was the song Keith dedicated to Nicole. I had to control myself not to cry.
Raining On Sunday was done in a very emotional acoustic version by Keith alone on stage... and he let us sing a lot of the lyrics.
"Better Half" was an acoustic version too, but with the whole band, they played that song with 5 guitars. That reminded me of a certain band. :wink:

I think he was better than ever. A lot of people who had seen him before said that. It was a perfect! concert, the best sound I've ever heard, Keith pure, wild, honest and emotional.
I better stop here. :shock: But you're absolutely right Jerry is amazing. :wink:

I'm positively giddy that you got to see him!! I know how much you wanted too..........so I'm glad we are now fellow Keith concert goers ;) :D

I don't think I've heard "Hallelujah" either. I'll have to go listen to it and see if it rings a bell. I don't remember what songs Jerry sang during our concert so I guess it could have been it. :laugh:

Dang it........if I didn't have to go to work I'd re-read your summary and look at the pics again :? :P lol

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Yes, since you haven't seen the Eagles so far we have something in common now. :D
That's true, I wanted it so much!

Oh, before I forget it...the show in Hamburg was recorded by NDR, a radio station in Germany.. they will broadcast the show on 28th May at 9 pm german time.... please look for the time in your area.

Here is the link to the live stream:

http://www1.ndr2.de/pages_special_lib/0,,SPM7454_CONndr2,00.html

I hope it will work.

And I have a video here recorded by one of our board members. I haven't seen it so far because I can't do this on work. Hope it's not crap quality.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/Rike_06/?action=view&current=100_4482.flv

sodascouts
04-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Woah, great photos! Thanks!

Brooke
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
:shock: Man, EF, those are awesome! Thank you for sharing those so much! :smokin: :heart: :smitten: Yes, I must see if I can get tickets for the concert here. :: note to self-check ticketmaster--again! :: :computer:

Wouldn't it be great if a certain band weren't so "allergic" to cameras and fans at concerts?! The country artists embrace their fans! I realize that they are promoting themselves, but our guys never did that. And I know.....they don't HAVE to anymore. But still......

sodascouts
04-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Don't forget - our guys OKed photos in Europe, and Glenn did at his solo shows. It was the venues that gave us trouble there.

Brooke
04-24-2007, 09:59 AM
That's true! I had forgotten about that. Maybe they are softening up these days! :D

04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow EF - It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself at the concert. :D I'm so happy for you. I must say those pictures of Keith are very hot. I think you all have inspired me to definately find some time to 'study' Keith a bit more. After all, I figure if all of you Eagle fans whose opinions I value and who have such good taste are so 'in to' Keith, there must be something to check out! :wink: :wink:

Note to self: Homework assignment - Check out Keith!

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 12:09 PM
That's true! I had forgotten about that. Maybe they are softening up these days! :D

That would be cool. :D
Brooke, I don't know if you've ever seen him but if there are still tickets available you MUST go! Don't miss him. :wink:

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow EF - It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself at the concert. :D I'm so happy for you. I must say those pictures of Keith are very hot. I think you all have inspired me to definately find some time to 'study' Keith a bit more. After all, I figure if all of you Eagle fans whose opinions I value and who have such good taste are so 'in to' Keith, there must be something to check out! :wink: :wink:

Note to self: Homework assignment - Check out Keith!

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Dreamer, you know it's a matter of taste. He doesn't do anything to FP and BK. :wink: BUT I LOVE HIM. :D If you really want to check him out let me know what you think.
Oh, and I have a lot more pictures from that concert but didn't want to overload this thread.

04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Well EF - You could always post all those pictures in the Keith thread in this forum if you get time. I'm sure no one will mind. :wink: :wink:

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Are you sure? :wink: Ok. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Brooke
04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I know I won't mind! :inlove:

EasyFeeling
04-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I know. :D

glenneaglesfan
04-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow, EF, those are amazing pictures, and it sounds as if the whole concert was awesome. Thanks for posting those pics up. Jst post them up!!!

Freypower
04-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Regarding the song Hallelujah, everyone raves about Jeff Buckley's version. I haven't heard it. The version I have is by its writer, Leonard Cohen. If anyone is interested I can email the MP3. The song starts like this:

Well I heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do ya?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor chord, the major lift
The baffled king composing 'Hallelujah'..... and it ends with him saying that he'll

stand before the Lord of song
With nothing on my tongue but 'Hallelujah'. I can't rave about it too much.

Glad you enjoyed it, EF. Here I am, the only Australian in the world uninterested in Keith Urban.

EasyFeeling
04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Regarding the song Hallelujah, everyone raves about Jeff Buckley's version. I haven't heard it. The version I have is by its writer, Leonard Cohen. If anyone is interested I can email the MP3. The song starts like this:

Well I heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do ya?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor chord, the major lift
The baffled king composing 'Hallelujah'..... and it ends with him saying that he'll

stand before the Lord of song
With nothing on my tongue but 'Hallelujah'. I can't rave about it too much.

Glad you enjoyed it, EF. Here I am, the only Australian in the world uninterested in Keith Urban.

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif
Oh FP, I'm very interested to listen to that song. If you don't mind. :D

Maleah
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I'd definently be interested in hearing it as well FP!

DonFan
05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I saw Elton John in concert last night, and he was terrific!
He played about 2 1/2 hours, no opening act, no intermission, really high-energy, unbelievably great vocals and piano playing. He stood on his piano stool for part of some songs, and he let people come to the edge of the stage for the last few songs and he actually signed quite a lot of autographs, which was cool.

I only had two problems with the concert: for one, I paid for mid-range seats--not the best but not the cheapest either, and they turned out to be lousy, to the left of the stage in the upper level. The thing was, the piano was facing away from us, so we looked at Elton's back all night. Thank goodness for the giant TV screens!
The other problem was, I am TOTALLY spoiled by the Eagles singing all their hits. Elton has just as many hits as the Eagles and I wanted to hear them all, and unfortunately I didn't even know the first 6 songs Elton played, all deep album cuts.

But, he was really, really good, and I went with 5 of my friends for a chicks-night-out. We started out at our favorite Mexican place with margaritas for Cinco de Mayo, then went to the concert, where we partied and sang and had a good time. We especially LOVED Crocodile Rock, Rocket Man, Honky Cat & the Bitch is Back.

One other note--the souvenirs were just unbelievably expensive--these prices made the Eagles' pricing look good! The cheapest shirt was a black baby tee with "Bitch" across it (like any of us would wear that) for $50. The theme of my senior prom was Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (yes, I know, I'm reeeeeeally old :wink: ) so I really wanted something that said that, and they had a denim jacket with that embroidered across the back of it. Guess how much? $440! :shock: I almost died.

sodascouts
05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
$440?! Holy crap!

Glad you enjoyed the show, though. I have both of Elton John's Greatest Hits CDs, but none of his other stuff. I have thought about purchasing "21 at 33" but haven't been able to find it.

05-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh wow DF - I'm glad that you got to see Elton. I have never seen him live. I was going to go last year with a friend, but she was unwilling to spring for the price of the ticket, much less any souveniers.

Anyway, good call on not buying that jacket. You can probably go to two Eagles shows for that price (not ILAA, of course). :D

DonFan
05-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Anyway, good call on not buying that jacket. You can probably go to two Eagles shows for that price (not ILAA, of course). :D

You're right, dreamer--I will pocket the cash I didn't spend and put it in my "Eagles Tour Fund."

Freypower
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
$440?! Holy crap!

Glad you enjoyed the show, though. I have both of Elton John's Greatest Hits CDs, but none of his other stuff. I have thought about purchasing "21 at 33" but haven't been able to find it.

Don't buy 21 At 33 for the sake of White Lady White Powder, which is a cringemaking embarrassment. Buy Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player, Honky Chateau, Elton John & if you like those, Too Low For Zero, Songs From The West Coast & the new one, The Captain & The Kid.

Glad you enjoyed it DF. He's great live.

Maleah
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I like a lot of Elton's music and have downloaded a few of his songs......but the only album I thought about buying of his was the duets one and it was solely for his song with Don. :blush: Unfortunately, I can't find the song anywhere and I really don't feel like spending money right now on a cd that I would only listen to the one song :?

SweetHolly
05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I like a lot of Elton's music and have downloaded a few of his songs......but the only album I thought about buying of his was the duets one and it was solely for his song with Don. :blush: Unfortunately, I can't find the song anywhere and I really don't feel like spending money right now on a cd that I would only listen to the one song :?
Elton's duets album is pretty hard to find. I was able to find it at a used book store here in Dallas called Half Price Books in very good conditon for $5 about 3 months ago. I was glad that I found it and yes the only reason I bought it was for the duet with Don. :blush:
BTW, I really do like Shakey Ground (their duet). :wink:

DonFan
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I agree--Shakey Ground is a good song. I have it on a cassette, if you can believe that--which I bought years ago because I was an Elton fan, and now that song is my favorite song on it, because I am such a huge Don fan!

SweetHolly
05-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree--Shakey Ground is a good song. I have it on a cassette, if you can believe that--which I bought years ago because I was an Elton fan, and now that song is my favorite song on it, because I am such a huge Don fan!
Awesome. I'm such a huge Don fan too. :wink:

EasyFeeling
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh DF, that surely was something special to see Elton John. On May 1 a German TV station broadcast concerts for 24 hours including Elton John. It was a fantastic show and some people in the audience had tears in the eyes while he was singing Candle In The Wind. I really wish I could see him too.

Not really a live concert but currently I'm listening to a concert on the radio... Take That. :D It was recorded last year in London. Thank God, I found a software yesterday so I can tape it on my computer. :D
I will do the same with the Keith Urban show in Hamburg on May 28 so I will have a memory. :wink:
Brooke or Maleah, if you want a copy... :wink:

Brooke
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Oh EF, that would be wonderful! Yes, please! :wink: :D

EasyFeeling
05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
No problem, you will get one. :)

Maleah
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Oooooooooooooooooo pretty please?!! :D

EasyFeeling
05-08-2007, 05:02 AM
Oooooooooooooooooo pretty please?!! :D

Why doesn't that surprise me? :wink:

I taped the Take That concert and the software worked just fine. :D

Maleah
05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Am I THAT obvious? ;)

EasyFeeling
05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Nah. :wink: But I know what I would say if someone offers me Keith, Eagles or Glenn music. :wink:
My new friend (I got to know her through the Keith forum) gave me 11 DVDs from Keith with lots of concerts and interviews from US TV stations. I was so happy about it. :D Material which I've never seen before. It's so much fun to watch it.

EasyFeeling
05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Even if you all think I'm pathetic I just wanted to tell you I bought a ticket for the Take That show. :shock: That radio concert which I taped was incredible. And I always wanted to see these guys. Now that they got together again after 10 years I grab the chance to see them live.

Ok, Michaela, an 43 old woman will go to a concert of a "boy band" :shock: (meanwhile they are over 30 now :wink: ) and I'm really looking forward to. :D :D

sodascouts
05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey, if you like it, don't let anybody criticize your choice! Have fun!

Brooke
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey EF, if you like it, who cares!

I have to confess that a couple years ago hubby and I went to see Edgar Winter at a Harley motorcycle festival! :shock: We are not Harley people (and I know there are lots of Harley people that are good, nice people), but you know what I'm talking about (I hope)! Anyway, we used to watch Edgar on Midnight Special back in the 70's and we just had to see him since he was right there! We had a great time! We also saw Rick Derringer the same night. They were both really entertaining!

Freypower
06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I just booked for Bob Dylan in August! Even though it was a presale I still only got the 'second best' section, but it's at least on the floor, unlike when I go to Steely Dan in September.

You never know with Dylan. I've seen him twice (once with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at which I had the privilege of seeing Mark Knopfler join them on stage. Not Stevie Nicks, Soda, although she did come on stage on that tour). I just hope he plays guitar. Recently I've heard that he's been playing keyboards. I can deal with that, but not for the entire show! As for what his voice will be like, I really don't know. The man has just turned 66 so it's a privilege. Now if Neil Young is listening....

glenneaglesfan
06-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the reviews, Df. I like that 'smooth jazz' style on the Santa Claus track I've only heard Bruce's version and the Jacksons before.

Fp, well done on getting Dylan tickets, although I'm actually more envious of you seeing Steely Dan. I wish they would come to Britain. I think I'd have a reasonable chance of persuading the other half to go and see them.

On the subject of concerts, and other musicians, how many in this group can we name? I can see Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen for starters.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/PN008211.jpg

DonFan
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Okay, I'll play. I see Don and Timothy and J.D. Souther and Danny Kortchmar and Robin Williams.

EasyFeeling
06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure but is that guy in the middle Tom Petty? :?

sodascouts
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
You guys already guessed everybody in that photo that I knew!

Brooke
06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
It looks like Tom Petty to me, EF.

And I love your new KU banner! :heart:

Randy's Girl
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
On the subject of concerts, and other musicians, how many in this group can we name? I can see Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen for starters.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/PN008211.jpg

I can see Neil Young, David Crosby, Nils Lofgren, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, Robin Williams, JD Souther, Timothy Schmidt, Don Henley, Dan Federici, Gene Wilder and Elliott Gould (I think) at the back. A few of them look familiar, but no names. That;s the best I can do :D

Freypower
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
That's Graham Nash to Robin Williams' right.

06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Great job ladies - I can't identify any of the others except I think that may be Stephen Stills in front of Timothy and Robin Williams.

Brooke
06-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought that looked like Stephen Stills, too, dreamer.

Brooke
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Last summer, at the last minute, we got front row center :shock: tickets at a John Fogerty/Willie Nelson concert. Willie opened. The security guy told us that people would be allowed to come up to the stage during John's concert, so, if someone got in front of us, there would be nothing he could do! To me, that meant we would be standing during the whole show next to the stage within arm's reach of John! No one was getting in front of us during that show! I am still in shock over that. I would not have been happy if someone had gotten in front of us. I'm so glad the guy clued us in. Fogerty is one of my husband's long time favroites. It was awesome! 8)

Freypower
06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
We went to see a Scottish comedian called Danny Bhoy last night at the Opera House. He was very funny - lots of analysing how similar Scottish & Australian culture actually are (especially the drinking). :wink: Not bad looking either because of his Indian heritage - dark hair, slim build. I got a nice stare near the beginning. :shock:

EasyFeeling
06-15-2007, 09:42 AM
I would like to know what Billy would say to this. 8)
Glad you had a great evening, FP. :D

I'm going to go to Genesis today. My friends pick me up in a few minutes and I'm really looking forward to their show. 8)

Maleah
06-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Oooooooo lucky EF! I wanna see Genesis! :D

glenneaglesfan
06-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Have a great concert, EF! I couldn't get tickets this year, but Genesis was the first really big band I went to see in about 1977, just after Peter Gabriel had left, and they were brilliant, and Phil Collins was so energetic around the stage. I have a treasured cd called 'Genesis Live' which pretty much covered the setlist.

EasyFeeling
06-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Too bad you can't see them, Kate. It was just brilliant! The arena was sold out with 50.000 people and the atmosphere was great. Sadly it was raining that evening but no one cared about that.

They played nearly 3 hours and did songs like Mama, Land of Confusion, Invisible Touch, Follow you, Follow me, Domino, Carpet Crawl. And I Can't Dance... they walked on the stage like in the video, so cool.

Sometimes Phil Collins took out a slip of paper and talked a bit in German.
Several times he looked up in the sky and said: Scheiss Regen (bloody rain) :wink:
Fantastic sound and the light show was incredible. I've never seen such a stage design. Of course they had two drum sets and one of the highlight was the solo what Phil did synchron with the other drummer. Woah, that was awesome!

All in all a concert what I really enjoyed even I didn't know every song. They played 2 songs which I think I've never heard before or I can't remember anymore.

Maleah
06-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I loooooooooooooove I Can't Dance!

glenneaglesfan
06-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Wow, that sounds amazing! Thanks for the review, EF. To see Phil playing the drums in synch with the other drummer must have been awesome.

DonFan
06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a great concert, EF!
I saw Phil Collins solo several years ago at City Stages, our outdoor music festival that is held every Father's Day weekend here, and he put on a great show.

This weekend, for the 2007 City Stages, hubby & I saw the Steve Miller Band. It was also a good show, but there were just two problems: one, I worked that day so I stood on my feet all day at the store, then walked around City Stages for 2 hours before standing for another 2 hours for Steve’s concert, so I was really tired. And two: he opened with “Keep On A-Rockin Me Baby” and then jammed & did covers of other songs, and didn’t play another hit until almost 11:30 when we finally decided to leave. As we were walking out of the park we finally heard “Really Love Your Peaches Wanna Shake Your Tree” and “Go On, Take The Money & Run.” My hubby actually quoted Don to me (which never happens--trust me)—he said, “What is it Henley always says? 'People want to hear the hits, so we play the hits.' Why didn’t Steve Miller play their hits a little earlier in the night?”

I guess we are all just spoiled by the Eagles. :wink:

Brooke
06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you did have a tiring day, DonFan! I would have been bummed, too, if Steve Miller had waited so long to play the songs you wanted to hear. The Joker (Really love your peaches...) is "our song"! It seemed hubby and I always heard that song on the radio back when we were dating! :lol:

I can't imagine going to an Eagles concert and not hearing "the hits"! I would not be pleased.

DonFan
06-18-2007, 12:28 PM
The Joker (Really love your peaches...) is "our song"! It seemed hubby and I always heard that song on the radio back when we were dating! :lol:

That's so cute, Brooke--now every time I hear that song, I will think of you! :wink:

sodascouts
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
It's true about the hits. While it would be nice if the Eagles would change out a few songs, they realize that there are certain songs that folks want to hear and they're willing to play them time and time again

06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
OMG wouldn't it be terrible if The Eagles came to your neck of the woods and it sold out before you got a ticket :shock: :shock: :shock: Aaaaaaugh! Or the only seat you could get was a really crappy one :shock: Would you still buy it???

Well, if that were to happen, I would start shopping online to find my ticket. And of course, there is ILAA. They won't be cheap, but I don't think even the concept of cheap tickets to an Eagles concert exist anymore. Even the solo show prices aren't cheap. Oh well, as I keep saying, it'll be worth it and there won't be that many more chances to see these guys, so we must seize the moment. I'll start saving for my retirement after they retire. :D :D

EasyFeeling
06-19-2007, 05:33 PM
DF, this is really annoying that you've missed the hits. I've never been to a concert in which a band were playing covers at first. :?

In Hamburg I saw a poster with Steely Dan on it. He's coming for a concert in July. And... no one wants to go with me! :(

FP, I remember you have seen him, is that right?

Freypower
06-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Steely Dan is a duo, EF - Walter Becker (bass) & Donald Fagen (keyboards & vocals). I'll be seeing them in September. First I have to sit through (cue off key harmonica solo) BAAAAB.... 8)

SweetHolly
06-19-2007, 11:55 PM
My dad is a fan of Steely Dan and they were here in Dallas last July playing a concert. I believe Michael McDonald also played that night before they went on stage. However my dad didn't buy the tickets and now he regrets not going to their concert.

EasyFeeling
06-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Steely Dan is a duo, EF - Walter Becker (bass) & Donald Fagen (keyboards & vocals). I'll be seeing them in September. First I have to sit through (cue off key harmonica solo) BAAAAB.... 8)

Oh, I didn't know that. :blush: I know Donald Fagen but never associated him with Steely Dan. Oh well, my music knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. :roll:

DonFan
06-22-2007, 05:26 PM
I need some advice from fellow concertgoers.....
I have to go online at 10 a.m. to try to buy tickets for Sting & The Police. I didn't pony up the cash--$100-- to be a member of the fan club :cry: so unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the pre-sale.
Anyway, according to the website at the venue, the tickets are available through Live Nation AND Ticketmaster. Do any of you know what their service fees are? And do you have any advice as to which one I should try first?

Thanks!

Maleah
06-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I THINK that the service fees for my tickets on ticketmaster were around 11-16 dollars. I can't remember for sure, sorry :( Have you ever ordered through ticketmaster? You have to choose your # of tickets and whether you want best available or not, then you have to do one of those verification code thingy's, then it shows you the tickets and you have 2-3 minutes to decide if you want those tickets or want to try again. If you go with ticketmaster, make sure you're already registered (credit card info and everything) and signed in before the time ;)

If you've used them before...............ignore all the above :D

DonFan
06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the advice, Maleah.
I did end up using Ticketmaster, but when I logged on at 10 a.m., they were almost sold out--I had read that the tickets for The Police were selling out immediately. Anyway, I'm glad to report that I did manage to get tickets, even though they are in the nosebleed section.

Perfect Little Sister
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Congrats on getting tix DF! I logged on to ILAA at one minute til so I could request tix right at the hour mark for Sammy Hagar. The on stage tix sold out in 4 minutes, the general admission sold out in 15. It sux that half of the tix were likely snapped up by scalpers and will be up on ebay from now until the concert. :evil:

DonFan
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
It sux that half of the tix were likely snapped up by scalpers and will be up on ebay from now until the concert. :evil:

So true! :cry:

Freypower
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I've booked for another concert - the Antipodes' finest, Crowded House (some of you may know the song Don't Dream It's Over). It's on November 5 (it will be funny going to a concert the night before The Glorious 6th. I hope they play a song called I Feel Possessed which is one of my 'dedication' songs :twisted:). I saw Split Enz, the band which evolved into Crowded House, back in 1980 when I was at university in Canberra. So this should be a good night.

glenneaglesfan
07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
That should be a good concert, FP. They play 'Don't Dream It's Over' and 'Weather With You' a lot over here. 'Don't Dream It's Over' was on one of the first tapes my son bought (aged 8 - aw) and I liked it a lot.

glenneaglesfan
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I sympathise with the roadworks, Molly.

I've been watching Live Earth tonight. It switched to Australia as we came in from our BBQ supper, and it was amazing to hear Crowded House live.

Selena
07-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I was actually at the Sydney Live Earth show yesterday and yes, Crowded House were definitely amazing! They were the main reason I went as I never did see them before they broke up and have always loved them. Neil Finn is one of the most gifted musicians on the face of the earth so to see him live was very special indeed and I will also be seeing them again in November, can't wait!! The rest of the day was fabulous also, highlights other than CH were Paul Kelly and Missy Higgins, both of whom I must admit not being a fan of but they were really impressive to me. Jack Johnson was also great however being 2nd last act of the day, after Wolfmother (and for those that don't know them, they are heavy rock....) and preceeding CH who everyone had come to see, well poor Jacks melodic little tunes didn't stand a chance really! Definitely should have been on earlier in the line up. The only bad thing was having to take a trip to the bathroom which was at least 20-30 minutes wait :x

07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Man - ain't this place great! As was mentioned earlier this week, we have members all over the place. All we have to do is mention an event and chances are one of our members can give us a first-hand report. You gotta love it! Thanks ladies. :D :D

DonFan
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Great to hear from you again, Selena. I thought about you as I was watching Live Earth last night. I'm glad you got to go!

Freypower
07-08-2007, 07:28 PM
WB Selena. So you and I will both be seeing Neil & the boys in November.

Sexy Girl
07-09-2007, 04:27 AM

I’m jealous 8) – hope I also get a chance to see them, they’re a fabulous band.

sodascouts
07-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Nice to hear from you about the concert, Selena!

I don't know if you're aware of this photo:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreycrowdedhouse93.jpg

Seems Glenn is a fan!

Selena
07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks & looking forward to November. But to update since I was last here, I actually lucked my way in to a gig they did last Monday night at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne and it was unbelievable!! They played for about 2 hours and were having lots of fun and trying out different stuff (actually played a verse of Don't Dream reggae style, was hilarious!). It was sensational to see them interacting with each other and joking around. They played a few from their new album including Silent House which they played last Saturday at Live Earth, it is truly a beautiful song. Neil dedicated Four Seasons in One Day to Paul which was lovely as he wrote it about Melbourne, man he has such a sweet voice and he's funny too! I took a few pics but these are the best 2. Go see them if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sunnyday62/CrowdedHouse010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sunnyday62/CrowdedHouse017.jpg

Selena
07-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Nice to hear from you about the concert, Selena!

I don't know if you're aware of this photo:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreycrowdedhouse93.jpg

Seems Glenn is a fan!

Very cool and proves the man has great taste 8)

Selena
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Well today I heard a rumour from a very well believed source from the Springsteen camp and it appears that Bruce will be releasing the new album October sometime but....wait for it....he will be then going on tour, a world tour that will include AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!! I am beside myself with happiness, you have no idea, lol!!! I told my partner tonight and his reply was "well I guess I won't be seeing you for a week or so whilst you're following him around the country". Yep, you got that right my sweet :wink: It will be around Feb/March I imagine so gives me plenty of time to save my pennies, can't wait :D

sodascouts
07-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Selena, sounds like you've been having quite a run of luck! Have fun watching that sexpot The Boss as many times as possible. ;)

glenneaglesfan
07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
That's very exciting news Selena. Does his tour include the UK too?

Love that picture of Crowded House and A Fan of theirs, FP!

Randy's Girl
07-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Ooooh, I hope so!! Selena, do you know if it's with the E-Street Band?

Freypower
07-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I have never seen Springsteen. Maybe I'll finally go.

Soda posted the Glenn & Crowded House photo. He could have worked with them as he did with LRB. It would have been a good blend. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

DonFan
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Great news, Selena! Have a fabulous time following the Boss-man around next year.
(And you have a very understanding partner. )

Molly
07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Our county's Sheriff's Department Association does a fundraiser every year to raise money for things outside of the budget like more bulletproof vests or this past year, training and equipment for a dive and rescue team.

Anyway, we've contributed in past years, but have never actually attended the event that the fundraiser sponsers (usually a hypnotist, or a singer/band I've never heard of).

I wasn't home when they showed up asking for support this year. Hubby was, and he said when the officer told him who was performing this year he laughed and told the officer he had certainly come to the right door! The Eagles' tribute band, "Hotel California" is this year's concert and Steve was a nice guy and got me 4 tickets! What a sweet surprise!

Wonder if hubby's kind gesture has something to do with a comment I made to him when I was irritated with him last week-and I informed him he wasn't nearly as "nice and thoughtful" as he was when I married him. :wink:

Have any of you seen this band? Dreamer, why do I remember that you've seen them in recent past?

glenneaglesfan
07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Aw, Molly, that's a nice gesture! From dreamer's account this sounds like a good band. You'll have fun, and please post a review for us.

Today, I heard that a band called Australian Pink Floyd is going to play a venue near us. Has anyone here heard of them, and are they any good?

sodascouts
07-22-2007, 03:45 PM
I said in another thread I'd love to see an Eagles tribute band. Lucky you, Molly, to be able to do so in the name of a good cause! Steve is a doll. ;)

GEF, I've never heard of that band, but I'm not a huge fan of Pink Floyd.

07-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah Molly - I did go see them last fall. I finally got around to posting a review on the board. I put it in the Eagles thread. Here's the link:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322

I think you will enjoy yourself. Be sure to let us know. I'll be interested to know if they change the setlist.

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
How sad.......somehow I completely forgot about this thread........or I'd have posted my concert review over here. :roll: sorry!

sodascouts
07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
lol, it's forgiveable, Maleah! ;)

Maleah
07-23-2007, 02:24 PM
whew! thanks :D

EasyFeeling
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
For those who wants to listen to some live music today here is the link to our radio station NDR2. Right now Jack Johnson, then Chris De Burgh, Steely Dan, Norah Jones and Crowded House.

http://www.ndr2.de/pages_std_lib/0,3325,OID4135056,00.html

Live stream:

http://www1.ndr2.de/pages_special_lib/0,3322,SPM7454,00.html

Maleah
07-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Well I'll try to put this in the right thread this time :roll: unless, of course, we have a concert PICS thread somewhere :lol:

Anyway, here are a few pics of the show.....if you want to see more you can go to my photobucket folder for that particular event ;) -
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/

Little Big Town
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/HPIM2152.jpg

Cute guy (Jimi) from LBT :D
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/HPIM2158.jpg

Guy we kept getting eye contact from (Philip)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/HPIM2159.jpg

Martina (isn't she beautiful? it's just sickening lol)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/DSC00278.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/HPIM2204.jpg

sodascouts
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the photos!

DonFan
07-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Great pics, Maleah!

Brooke
07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Great Maleah! Thanks! 8)

07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for sharing these, Maleah. Glad you had a great time at the show.

Maleah
07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
no problem guys. sorry they're a little big though :D

EasyFeeling
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
The bigger the better. :wink: Great pics, Maleah. :) Martina looks gorgeous. In some way she reminds me of Shania Twain.

Maleah
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks! :D Oddly enough, i just saw a picture that someone else took of her at the same concert, and I thought she kind of looked like Shania in it too. :shock: which is odd because I've NEVER thought that before. weird lol

Randy's Girl
07-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I like the look of this guy!!! Doesn't he remind you of someone??

Guy we kept getting eye contact from (Philip)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/concert%20pics/HPIM2159.jpg

Maleah
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
hmmm..............who would THAT be? :D

Brooke
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
:shock: I just brought this up and the LBT song Give Me a Little More You is playing on the radio! :D

EasyFeeling
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
hmmm..............who would THAT be? :D

You don't mean Glenn, right?

Molly
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
We saw the band Chicago last night only 5 minutes from our house
(at our County Fairgrounds).

We were 2nd row center and I thought the show was amazing. The band is celebrating their 40th anniversary this year. The amount of energy they still put into their show (nearly 2 hrs. long) was incredible.

Some of the ballads the band was known for in the 80's brought the show to somewhat of a lull. The songs are beautiful-but very cookie cutter. The singer/bass player, Jason Scheff, who replaced the Eagles old softball buddy, Peter Cetera did a wonderful job on all of those songs.

I loved hearing all the old Chicago classics from the 70's, "Make Me Smile" (my favorite), "Colour My World" (my wedding processional),
"Saturday in the Park", "Beginnings", "25 or 6 to4" were all superb!

I was forewarned that the trombone player and one of the founding members, Jimmy Pankow, doesn't believe in wearing underpants. That head's up (no pun intended) proved to be correct. Geez, firstGlenn's Peter Scwetty move, then Jimmy Pankow's "commando performance"!

Some photos from last night:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Chicago/DSCN0695.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Chicago/DSCN0688.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Chicago/DSCN0679.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Chicago/DSCN0683.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/Chicago/Chicago6.jpg

sodascouts
07-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the review and photos, Molly. I have Chicago 17 and their Greatest Hits - great band.

Brooke
07-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I liked Chicago, too! Color My World was played in my wedding, too, Molly!

Thanks for the pics! 8)

EasyFeeling
07-29-2007, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the photos, Brooke. I like the music of Chicago very much. :)

Freypower
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
POSITIVELY GEORGE ST - BOB DYLAN IN SYDNEY

I know this pales into insignificance next to what's about to occur in Niagara Falls but bear with me.

First of all, I had booked my seat in pre-sale. All I can say is the seating plan was very misleading. I was in the the very last row on the floor, next to the mixing desk. :| Anyway I had a couple of beers to keep me going. The support act was the Frames. They are Irish, but they were like Document/Green era REM. During one song they incorporated part of Van Morrison's Caravan, which was nice.

I have seen Dylan twice before, in 1986, with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (guest appearance by M. Knopfler) and I think in 1991, a show I remember nothing about. This time he was wearing a wide brimmed white hat. I always think you haven't really seen him until you've seen him in a hat. He wore it for the whole show. He opened with an obscure blues song called Cat's In The Well and that set the tone for the night. It was BLUES, all the way. The next song was a heavy blues rendition of The Times They Are a-Changing. He had a couple of really hot guitarists and played pretty well himself. After Watching The River Flow, the astonishing lyrics of It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) reached me in spurts. Dylan's voice is now so raspy that it's sometimes hard to hear and he rushed through the song, which is already very fast. Then we got When I Paint My Masterpiece. I worship the Band's version but I had never actually heard Bob sing it! It was interesting - but he needlessly repeated the second verse. Then he moved to keyboards where he stayed the rest of the night. I was expecting this but it would have been nice to hear him play acoustic guitar.

Some of the bluesy stuff from Modern Times & Time Out Of Mind followed - Rollin' & Tumblin', Workingman's Blues & Till I Fell In Love With You. There was a beautiful, country waltz version of A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall complete with double bass, like the Band might have played it. And THEN - Tangled Up In Blue (SIGH). Though it missed the driving acoustic guitar he sang the first part in third person, and then from 'she was working in a topless place when I stopped in for a beer' on, first person. It wasn't perfect but it was the highlight of the night until an absolutely blistering Highway 61 Revisited. This totally and utterly ROCKED. What a song. ('God said to Abraham, kill me a son)....

There was nowhere to go after that. The show lost momentum. He did a few more new songs from Modern Times. The last song was a stately Masters Of War. Again, he needlessly repeated the first verse. After 'I'll stand by your grave and make sure that you're dead' it should grind to a forbidding halt. The first encore was Thunder On The Mountain (I'm not past my prime but we can have a good time' got a huge cheer). The second was basically Hendrix's take on All Along The Watchtower.

The set list was as follows:

1. Cat's In The Well (Bob on electric guitar)
2. The Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob on electric guitar)
3. Watching The River Flow (Bob on electric guitar)
4. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (Bob on electric guitar)
5. When I Paint My Masterpiece (Bob on electric guitar, Stu on acoustic guitar)
6. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on keyboard)
7. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on keyboard)
8. 'Til I Fell In Love With You (Bob on keyboard and harp)
9. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
(Bob on keyboard, Donnie on electric mandolin, Stu on acoustic guitar, Tony on standup bass)
10. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob on keyboard and harp)
11. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard and harp)
12. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
13. Nettie Moore (Bob on keyboard, Donnie on violin)
14. Summer Days (Bob on keyboard)
15. Masters Of War (Bob on keyboard)

(encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
17. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)

Band Members
Bob Dylan - electric guitar, keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Denny Freeman - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel

glenneaglesfan
08-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Only on this board could a review of Bob Dylan pale into insignificance against what's to come! :wink:
Sounds like Bob can still wow the audience, FP, and even if it tailed off towards the end, some of the performances must have been outstanding. What an evening. Thanks for the review.

I've only just caught up with your review of Chicage, Molly. Thanks for the interesting details! (One day someone may have to explain to me about Schwetty moments). I loved their song, If You Leave Me Now, which was a big hit over here in the 70s.

Brooke
08-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Bob Dylan! 8) Hope you had a good time, even with your seats. I don't know much about him other than "Like a Rolling Stone", but I know lots of people really like him. He most definitely has a place in the history of rock & roll! :D Quite the legend!

EasyFeeling
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your review, FP. I remember I heard some songs in my younger days but can't name one song of him. :shock:

Freypower
08-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Not even Like A Rolling Stone? Blowin' In The Wind? Oh well, EF.... Dylan is not for everyone. My husband cannot stand him.

EasyFeeling
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
It's not that don't like his songs I know I do but I haven't listened to him for a long long time. :blush:

Freypower
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Steely Dan - Sydney Entertainment Centre September 18

1. Time Out of Mind
2. Black Cow
3. I Got The News
4. Hey 19
5. Peg
6. Babylon Sisters
7. Green Earrings
8. Haitian Divorce
9. Black Friday
10. Dirty Work
11 Josie
12 Aja
13 Do it Again
ENCORE
14 Deacon Blues
15 Kid Charlemagne

I've just been looking at Dandom.com's guestbook and I think this is a representative comment:

Went to see the Dan in Sydney tonite. I was pretty disappointed. Everything was very slick and note perfect, but I think the Dan were w***ed out. This is the last few concerts of a huge tour. I suppose I can’t blame them, but I wish I could. Aus just doesn’t really feature, obviously, in a lot of major bands headlights. I did get a good seat although the venue was terrible. All the musicians were excellent as usual, but didn’t really get anything going. It was interesting seeing the audience, it was like they were attending a lecture…no one stirred. There was little to get excited about. I think the thing that irked me the most was that there was zero interaction between the musicians. They didn't seem to be enjoying themselves. Everyone seemed to be in their own little world: "I'm going to nail this sucker (again) and go and watch some TV dammit!" There was also little of the trademark Dan banter, if any at all. Difficult to reconcile their outrageously great catalogue with this....but such is life.

Now let me add some thoughts of my own.

Walter Becker played guitar, not bass, and did some good solos. He did a monologue during Hey Nineteen which led to him asking what you'd give the lady you wanted to impress to drink and smoke? You guessed it. The backing singers (two women) then sang 'the Cuervo gold, the fine Colombian'... Becker also sang Haitian Divorce. This was interesting. The two women sang Dirty Work, or rather screeched it. Fagen was good but seemed rather tired. As you can see it was a greatest hits show. There was hardly any recent material. While I missed Pretzel Logic, Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Bad Sneakers and Reelin' In The Years, I was very happy to hear Deacon Blues, as I think this is the song which gave Frey Jr. his name, Black Friday with its 'local colour' (feeding kangaroos in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley), and Kid Charlemagne. I could have done without both Josie and Peg. Oh well.

They had an excellent guitarist called John Harrington. He was slim with dark hair, wore a black T shirt and jeans, and in his unobtrusive way reminded me of one S. Smith.

And you could buy what was labelled a 'Steely Dan T shirt' as in the line from Show Biz Kids which they didn't even play! It was pale pink and it would have looked crap on me, so I didn't buy it.

tbs fanatic
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
I've seen Bob Dylan twice and loved both shows. Would definitely go and see him again.

Perfect Little Sister
09-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm going to see Clay Walker tonight. I've not seen him in concert before, but I've heard good things about his show.

glenneaglesfan
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
PLS, have a great time at Clay's concert and look forward to hearing your review. I don't know his work, either. Country doesn't cross over to Britain to the same extent as rock.

Fp, sorry to hear that the Dan were a bit flat. I remember reading liner notes which said in the beginning they never intended to be a live band, but it was forced upon them. Donald Fagen was a reluctant vocalist, although I think he has proved himself, and his solo work is good. I have The Nightfly, which sounds more Steely Danesque than Steely Dan.

Not much in that setlist from their first three albums, which happen to be my favourites. I can't imagine Dirty Work being savaged by two female backing singers - it's one of my favourites and features David Palmer on vocals, who subsequently departed after a disastrous live concert in 116 degrees, when they had mistakenly tried to rehydrate with the local beer! I would have liked to have heard Reelin' In The Years, Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Pretzel Logic, Pearl Of The Quarter and My Old School.

That t-shirt sounds a bit like a last minute effort to me.

Despite that, if they ever come to the UK, I shall still make an effort to see them.

Brooke
09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Fp, sorry about your Steely Dan concert.

PLS, have fun at the Clay Walker concert. I really like most of his songs and he's very easy on the eyes!

Freypower
09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Don't get me wrong - I did enjoy the show. But I would have liked all those critics who always said Steely Dan were 'cutting edge' and the Eagles were 'boring' to see this show. It was the safest and most unchallenging show I think I've ever seen. BIG RISK not to do Rikki Don't Lose That Number. HEAVY STUFF. Not. :?

Molly
09-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Last night a couple of my friends and I went to see the Eagles tribute band "Hotel California".

The performed in our high school auditorium for a local fundraiser. As we entered the building, I was alarmed to see the crowd was made up of probably 50% elderly people. And by elderly, I mean elderly - 70 year olds if they were a day! What the heck?? The seating was first come first so it wasn't a challenge to hurry down past Grandpma shuffling to find herself a seat.

My 2 friends and I parked ourselves 2nd row center. As we sat down, 2 teenagers turned around, seeing me wearing an Eagles t-shirt said "Oh, finally, some actual fans!" One of the girls would occasionally turn around and talk to us about the band over her shoulder. At one point, she turned all the way around and we could see what she was wearing. Now, mind you, this girl is probably only 16 or 17 years old. She was wearing a clingy shirt that was waaaay to small for her not so small torso. And as she turned around to face us, all 3 of us got an eyeful of BOOBS!!! Oh my goodness!! Also mind you, these girls are front row center.

The band was very good. As dreamer said in an earlier post, the guys don't resemble the originals at all. They're very good musicians, however, and that was very enjoyable. The drummer ("Henley") did, as Kay said, sound pretty Donnish on most numbers. 2 of the other members took turns doing Glenn songs and the bassist did a Randy song and a Joe song.

Set list: TIE, Witchy Woman, PEF, Desperado, TS, Already Gone, BOML (acoustic and very good), Lyin' Eyes (introduced as the 1st song to win the Eagles a Grammy -dreamer -fire off another e-mail),
LITFL, HT, The Long Run, Seven Bridges Road (fabulous), Get Over It (fast and fun!), Dirty Laundry, Rocky Mountain Way, Heart of the Matter, and TITTL (introduced as the credit card song!)

The crowd was sooo quiet and lame. Before doing Dirty Laundry, a bandmember asked if there were any Don Henley fans in the audience -quite a bit of Woo Hoos. Before doing Heartache Tonight, he asked if there were any Glenn Frey fans in the audience - one lone Woo Hoo! Any guess who that was? It was a lonely Woo Hoo -but it was a hearty Woo Hoo! :!:

Like dreamer said, I got noticed and smiled at a lot I'm sure for my t-shirt and the fact that I sang along with the band every word, every aahh, every oooh!

I mentioned the young lady with the tight clothing coz during the encore "HC", the band suddenly lost it and started laughing. The "Don" could barely get through the last first of the song and the "Glenn" had to turn his back to the audience so they couldn't see him laughing. I do believe while trying to sway back and forth with her arms up in the air and using her cell phone as a light -the young lady had complete frontal spillage! :shock:

Unprofessional of the band - probably. But too funny! They'll probably not forget West Bend any time soon!

glenneaglesfan
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh Molly, that's given me a great chuckle at the end! I've seen this band's website, and read dreamer's review before. Sounds cool, especially if they nailed Seven Bridges Road, and good to include a couple of solo songs. But why all the OAPs? Were they giving away tickets at the local pharmacy?!

sodascouts
09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
lol, Molly! Thanks for the review! Guess the band got some entertainment that night, too. ;) I'd love to see one of those tribute bands, just to hear stuff like Seven Bridges Road. Too bad there's none around here.

SweetHolly
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL Molly! :lol:

10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Molly – I’m glad you had a good time at the show. I’m surprised at how much they changed the set list from the show I saw (hint, hint real guys)and also that they didn’t do Hotel California. I thought that they would always do that since it is their name. I would have loved to have heard Seven Bridges Road. I get the feeling I’m never going to get to see anyone perform this song live. :(

I would recommend their show to anyone who has a chance to go see them. It is very enjoyable. You can check out their website for tour dates. It’s funny because I totally lucked out when they played here. I read something about them and decided to check out the website. When I looked at the tour dates, I saw that they were going to be playing not too far from me within a couple of weeks. I should check it again, but everytime I go there it makes me mad to still see Glenn’s name spelled incorrectly on the site. :roll:

Molly
10-01-2007, 06:24 PM
and also that they didn’t do Hotel California. I thought that they would always do that since it is their name. site. :roll:

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my review...they did do Hotel California -it was the encore that they giggled through.

Absolutely, if anyone gets the chance to see them they should go-it was fun! It'll be enough to hold me over until I can see the "real thing".

I checked out their website the day before the show and saw that it had them listed as being in Winslow, AZ the same night they were supposed to be in West Bend. I apologized to my friends as we were driving to the show-I told them I hoped we really were seeing the band we had tickets for and not some quickly scheduled fill in. A last minute booking in West Bend would probably be some guy with an accordian playing polkas.

Perfect Little Sister
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
A last minute booking in West Bend would probably be some guy with an accordian playing polkas.

This bit cracked me up Molly. The first Thanksgiving I was married we spent at my in-laws' house and fil put on polka music.

(did you know ILTWAWD is done with an accordion?)
(heehee...hubby, being 100% German, was made to learn accordion as a child)

Molly
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
In my senility, I completely forgot I had this picture. L to R "Don",
"Felder", "Glenn", "Timmy/Randy/Joe" (some of them sing more than one member's vocal parts and the "Glenn" is the 2nd guitarist in the group)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/HotelCalifornia.jpg

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:36 AM
A last minute booking in West Bend would probably be some guy with an accordian playing polkas.

This bit cracked me up Molly. The first Thanksgiving I was married we spent at my in-laws' house and fil put on polka music.

(did you know ILTWAWD is done with an accordion?)
(heehee...hubby, being 100% German, was made to learn accordion as a child)

My mom has to learn it too and she hated it! :roll:

EasyFeeling
11-01-2007, 10:03 AM
As I already told you I went to the Take That concert yesterday.
It was… faaaaaaaaaaaantastic! :D What a show! Hot, sexy and powerful. One of the best I’ve ever seen. Eagles, Keith and TT… my top 3 concerts.

As we had to learn last week one of the guys got an injury during a concert. He made a risky jump and had a surgery on the lungs. Even so we knew he was with the guys in Hamburg so we hoped he would feel better. Before the show started they announced he’s still not able to do the show. :( People were told they can get their money back if they want to leave. Of course, no one left the audience.

The big surprise was… as they finished the first song the other three guys excused for that situation and asked us to enjoy the concert. And then the curtain opened up and who walked across the stage? The poor Howard, dressed in that green scrubs, open on his back, with nothing underneath, naked. :shock: :shock: You can imagine what was going on in the audience, a lot of screaming. The camera was “on it” most of the time. OMG, his butt was worth seeing! :twisted: He was holding a little paper in his hand from which he read off his little speech in German and thanked us for coming and that he felt so sorry he can’t do the show. That was so sweet and the crowd was moved to tears and so am I. As he finished he wished us a lot of fun, turned around and while he was walking off the stage we had a wonderful view on his butt, the crowd and his band mates cracked up with laughter. Unbelievable.

They did all their big hits as well as many of the new album. There were a lot of dancers, pyrotechnic stuff, fire as well as a bridge which came down from the top so the guys could walk over to the smaller stage in the audience where they performed a couple of songs.
A very very moving moment was when Gary started the song Could It Be Magic on which actually Robbie Williams sings lead. Our European friends here surely know Robbie left the band back then and it was a hard time for the fans. Now he’s not missing anymore but when HIS song is starting you always have to think of Robbie. The atmosphere changed suddenly, people were so quiet and you could literally feel the sorrow in the audience. I had a lump in my throat and a hard time to hold back the tears. Usually at that moment his hologram appears on stage and he sings the intro. Thank god they dropped it some time ago otherwise :cry: :cry:

They played for 2 hours and I enjoyed every minute. I haven’t expected such a mixed audience, I saw people of all ages and one-third were men. 8) Yes, boygroup was yesterday, now it’s Take That. I really hope they will come back soon. I’ll be there for sure. Here some photos:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/TakeThat3.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Takethat1.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/TakeThat5.jpg

Be careful, Jason :wink:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Takethat2.jpg

For our American friends who have never heard of them I post a video. That's in a stadium and yesterday the atmosphere was like that.

One of their biggest hits, Never Forget:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=he8lihVw6Q4

And a download if you want to listen, Back For Good:

http://bitshare.de/download.php?file=385065

glenneaglesfan
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Great review, EF. I'm really glad you enjoyed it as you have been needing a boost. I must confess to enjoying a few of Robbie Williams' songs, so I can understand how the audience felt when they sang one of his songs. However, the new line-up seems to have moved forward and matured.

What was with that guy and his bare butt, though? Some cheek, eh? :wink:

EasyFeeling
11-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Yep. 8) I tried to find a photo in the internet but nothing. My friends have taken photos but they are not sure if they turned out good.

Freypower
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
My computer is treating me with utter contempt at the moment so I am barely able to post. However I wanted to post about the Crowded House show last night. I know that many of you are not familiar with them but bear with me.

The show was scheduled to start at 7.30 but Crowded House didn't take the stage until after 9 pm, by which time I was feeling very tired (Monday night). The support band were OK but they played about 45 minutes, too long for a support.

Neil Finn had shaggy hair that made him look like Rod Stewart. He and the other band members were wearing very 80s suits. They started with two familiar songs, Private Universe and World Where You Live. I was surprised by how hard they could rock. They mixed old favourites with new tracks from the Time On Earth. Neil's son Liam, looking a bit like Jim Morrison at the end of his life with shaggy dark hair and a full beard, sang harmonies on two tracks. Don't Dream It's Over produced the first of a couple of singalongs. Between songs there was a lot of band banter which I'm afraid became extremely tedious. Private jokes are OK a couple of times but let's not overdo it, guys.

Other highlights were Neil playing piano for a new song, Pour Le Monde (although before this we had a very irritating disco sendup), Fall At Your Feet and When You Come, also Italian Plastic, dedicated to Paul Hester, their drummer who committed suicide. For the encores suddenly it was our turn. We had to sing large hunks of Weather With You, Four Seasons In One Day and the final song, Better Be Home Soon. We didn't do too badly. It didn't end until 11.15 and I didn't get home until 12.45 (by which time, of course, it was The Glorious 6th and I had the Birthday Playlist going on the iPod.

Here is Neil for a limited time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/CrowdedHouse.jpg

Selena
11-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Nice review FP. I'm seeing both their Melbourne shows later this week and am very much looking forward to them (love Neil Finn, the man is a musical genius!) Plus am seeing The Killers next Tuesday night which should also be fabulous.

Brooke
11-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I didn't get home until 12.45 (by which time, of course, it was The Glorious 6th and I had the Birthday Playlist going on the iPod.

Here is Neil for a limited time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/CrowdedHouse.jpg

The Glorious 6th! Birthday Playlist! Love it, Fp! :lol:

Crowded House sounds interesting. And yes, the guy looks a lot like Rod! :shock:

Freypower
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
We went to see Zappa Plays Zappa last night.

My husband would be much better writing this than I would. I'll try...

Dweezil Zappa is a fine guitarist. He didn't sing all that much. He mainly left that to Ray White, who is an extremely talented black singer & occasional guitarist who played with Zappa Snr on many albums. The band was extremely tight. They need to be to play some of Frank's more complicated & jazzy stuff. As the night wore on they were joined by Steve Vai, who tore the place up with some sizzling solos. He was much better live than he is on DVD. He was wearing patched jeans... and he had to shake his hair out of his eyes a few times. :wink: One thing that I'd never seen before was when one of the other guitarists played a solo Dweezil didn't play rhythm but stood and watched. He's not bad looking, either. He has his father's nose. :shock:

I can't list all the songs. I can list the ones I recognised - Cosmik Debris, I'm The Slime, Dumb All Over (featuring Frank on a video screen), The Illinois Enema Bandit, City Of Tiny Lights (I was proud of myself that I recognised this straight away), Filthy Habits and what I thought was the highlight, Wind Up Working In A Gas Station/San Ber'dino. That was until the end when they played the classic Muffin Man (again backed by Frank's visage).

And the audience - good grief. I thought my husband was anal about Frank. I'm glad I didn't wear my Led Zeppelin T shirt. I wore the Crowded House one!

EasyFeeling
12-07-2007, 06:35 AM
TOP 20

1. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
2. Bon Jovi
3. Van Halen
4. Tool
5. Ozzy Osbourne
6. Neil Young
7. Celine Dion
8. Foo Fighters
9. Billy Joel
10. George Strait
11. The Police
12. The Smashing Pumpkins
13. Keith Urban
14. Alicia Keys
15. Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus "Best Of Both Worlds"
16. Avril Lavigne
17. Rage Against the Machine
18. R. Kelly
19. Duran Duran
20. Elton John

Love to see Keith here but no Eagles? :shock:

http://www.pollstar.com/

12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
EF - Our guys probably didn't make the list since they didn't have a full tour this year. Hopefully, that will change in 2008. :wink: :nod:

Glad to see Keith, Bruce, and Bon Jovi on the list, though. Also, glad to see that Elton's still kicking butt!

sodascouts
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I bet when the Eagles mount their tour they will be TOPS!

EasyFeeling
12-08-2007, 10:31 AM
EF - Our guys probably didn't make the list since they didn't have a full tour this year. Hopefully, that will change in 2008. :wink: :nod:

Glad to see Keith, Bruce, and Bon Jovi on the list, though. Also, glad to see that Elton's still kicking butt!

I wasn't sure about if they only listed artists who were touring this year. Now there's hope. :wink:

EasyFeeling
12-16-2007, 10:21 AM
As every year a German TV station is televising concerts on Dec. 31. the whole day. It's called Pop Around The Clock and I just looked for the artists. I think I need to set up my recorder.

Just to list some concerts which I want to see:

Mike & The Mechanics & PC: Live at the Shepherds Bush
David Gilmour: Remember that night
George Michael: Unplugged
Yusuf Islam: Yusuf's Café Session
Roger Hodgson: Take the long way home
Bon Jovi: Lost Highway - The Concert
Genesis: Turn it on again
Lionel Richie: Coming Home
Madonna: The Confession Tour
Pet Shop Boys: Cubism

Molly
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
There are only a few bands still out there touring that my husband and I as well as our grown boys all like and want to see in concert.

So...I went out on a limb and got 4 Van Halen tickets for their April 7th Milwaukee show. I plan on surprising my boys with them for Christmas. Now if the show just doesn't get cancelled.

Please, please don't let Dave and Eddie kill one another -they only have to get along for another 4 months! They make the Glenn and Don relationship seem warm and fuzzy!

Freypower
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
And I just booked to see John Fogerty next March! It was a presale and for once, I did OK. I got second row!!! Should be a good night.

Brooke
12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
And I just booked to see John Fogerty next March! It was a presale and for once, I did OK. I got second row!!! Should be a good night.

Cool, Fp! We saw him a couple years ago and had front row center! It was one of the best concerts ever! :D He's one of my husbands all time faves.

Maleah
12-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Oooo Van Halen and John Fogerty.......sounds like fun guys! 2nd row FP? Awesome tickets!!

I'm thrilled because I got tickets to see Bon Jovi and Daughtry in April!!!! They aren't the greatest seats......but at least I'm there! LOL

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
I managed to get my Neil Diamond tickets on Friday last. He plays Dublin on 7th June in Croke Park. We opted for the 'stand' as its covered in and after last summer we're not taking any chances. If it were the Eagles I'd be taking those chances with pitch seating as close to the front as possible :D

Freypower
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
That's great GA. I will be interested to hear what type of show he plays now.

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
That's great GA. I will be interested to hear what type of show he plays now.

I'll let you know as much as I can FP. I'm looking forward to it. Already!!

Mrs Frey
12-19-2007, 07:35 AM
There are only a few bands still out there touring that my husband and I as well as our grown boys all like and want to see in concert.

So...I went out on a limb and got 4 Van Halen tickets for their April 7th Milwaukee show. I plan on surprising my boys with them for Christmas. Now if the show just doesn't get cancelled.

Please, please don't let Dave and Eddie kill one another -they only have to get along for another 4 months! They make the Glenn and Don relationship seem warm and fuzzy!

LOL, Molly! I don't know much about Van Halen, but I have read about the personality clashes in the band.

As for Glenn :heart: and Don's relationship - well, they certainly can get warm and fuzzy. I present the following evidence:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/eaglesGEFBuddiesTonight.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/TrittTIE6.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww... I love those pics. Well, I think we all know that they love each other. Yes, they don't always agree, but they still love each other.

Maleah, FP and GA, I think it's great that you're going to such exciting concerts soon. FP, I enjoy John Fogerty - Creedence Clearwater Revival is one of my favourite bands, and I think John is very talented. A second row seat? Fantastic!

GA, I enjoy some Neil Diamond songs, too. I hope you have a great time at the concert, although I know who you'd rather be going to see, if only he would tour again... :wink:

Glennsallnighter
12-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Agreed MF! At least it won't be Lansdowne! I don't think I could take another gig there....unless...... :wink:

katherine5832
12-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm thrilled because I got tickets to see Bon Jovi and Daughtry in April!!!! They aren't the greatest seats......but at least I'm there! LOL

I just got tickets for their February show here in Michigan. I'm sitting in the nosebleed section behind one corner of the stage, but like you said, "at least I'm there!"

Maleah
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Cool!! We can share details of our shows ;)

katherine5832
02-04-2008, 10:57 PM

Well, Maleah, I wish I was counting down the days to an Eagles concert, but I have to be content with counting down the days until I see Bon Jovi - it's 15 days for me. I know you have to wait a little longer. To prepare myself, I watched the Lost Highway concert in lieu of the Super Bowl last night. At the risk of being disloyal to Don, I have to say that Jon Bon Jovi is just stunning. :shock: I'm really looking forward to this concert. I'll let you know how it is and I'll be interested to hear about your experience.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Eric Clapton will be playing in Dublin in late June (possibly 21st). Now its one I wouldn't mind seeing. The only thing is I think I've flattened my concert budget (and then some) this year! We'll see!

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Oh, Eric Clapton... he was playing last year in Hamburg and I must say I regret that I didn't go. Oh well... :roll:

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:38 AM

Well, Maleah, I wish I was counting down the days to an Eagles concert, but I have to be content with counting down the days until I see Bon Jovi - it's 15 days for me. I know you have to wait a little longer. To prepare myself, I watched the Lost Highway concert in lieu of the Super Bowl last night. At the risk of being disloyal to Don, I have to say that Jon Bon Jovi is just stunning. :shock: I'm really looking forward to this concert. I'll let you know how it is and I'll be interested to hear about your experience.

Katherine, I'm happy for you that you're going to a Bon Jovi concert. Enjoy it! :D Don't worry about being disloyal to Don - I'm sure he'll understand! :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Eric Clapton will be playing in Dublin in late June (possibly 21st). Now its one I wouldn't mind seeing. The only thing is I think I've flattened my concert budget (and then some) this year! We'll see!

Well, I wish Mr Clapton would visit South African waters again. He was here about 22 years ago, if my memory serves me, but it was a once-off concert as far as I can recall. He's an exceptional musician.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Sure isn't it all about helping all those poor musicians to eke out a living! They all support each other.

As we say in Dublin "Yeah! right"

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Katherine, I love that DVD of Bon Jovi too, it's absolutely great. :D A friend of mine is going to their show in summer and asked me about going. I said, nah I've already seen him and that's enough. After watching the DVD recently I regret it. But now it's too late. :?

Brooke
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I would love to see Bon Jovi, too. Jon's hot! :wink:

I tried to find a good pic of Jon to put in Maleah's other thread, but couldn't find a suitable one. Anyone?

DonFan
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I went along as a chaperone when my oldest daughter marched in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade three years ago. We were scheduled to stand in the crowd outside the TODAY studio on the second day we were there when we found out that the guest performer on TODAY's concert series that morning was Bon Jovi. :shock: :D
We got up really early so we were standing outside the barricade when they let us line up at 6:30 that morning. We were able to get really, really close to the stage, on the right hand side, and Bon Jovi ended up performing less than 10 feet away from us. He was fantastic--and take it from me, he and Richie Sambora are just as good-looking in person as they are on their videos! 8)

Brooke
02-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow! That is cool DF! :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
02-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Very cool, DF! 8) Richie Sambora is really hot too, yes. :D

Maleah
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM

Me too! I can't wait! This will be my first time seeing them and probably my biggest concert I've been to. I'm pretty excited, I was reading an interview with Chris Daughtry and he was talking about how excited he was to tour with Bon Jovi and how he was going to sing Wanted Dead or Alive with Jon. :D WOOHOO!!!

EasyFeeling
02-15-2008, 05:01 AM
I just ordered tickets for KISS. :D I always wanted to see them since a friend of mine saw them in the 90' and told me they did a great show. I watched a DVD for a while and it was awesome. So I'm going in June. :D

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:19 AM
That's wonderful for you, EF! I hope you have a fantastic time. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Thats great EF! Hope you enjoy it!

EasyFeeling
02-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Yes, I'm looking forward to go. I guess these guys give you another special concert feeling. :wink: Rocking, loud and spitting blood. :wink:

Brooke
02-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Kiss! I didn't know they still toured! 8)

I love the song "Eighteen"! Watch out for that tongue and the blood, EF! :lol:

02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Well I hope you ladies have fun at the Bon Jovi and Kiss concerts. I agree Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are both hot. And EF, definitely watch out for the tongues, fire, and blood. :wink: :wink: I probably won't be seeing any of them this year. I'm saving all my money this year for another band. :shock:

EasyFeeling
02-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I will, ladies. :D Today my friend gave me a CD and I must admit I have forgotten what great songs they did. Detroit Rock City, Lick It Up, Shout It Out Loud, Beth, just to mention a few. Next what I'm doing is watching some DVDs. And listening to their music in my car on the way to a rock music party tonight. I hope my car speakers are still working tomorrow. :wink:

katherine5832
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
24 hours from now I'll be at the Bon Jovi concert! Woo hoo! I can't wait....:drool: Sorry, Don, tomorrow night is all about Jon! :D

Maleah, I'll post a review if not tomorrow evening, then on Thursday. I'll give you a taste of what to expect at your concert in April.

Glennsallnighter
02-20-2008, 06:06 AM
I'm sure Don will understand perfectly that tonight is Jon's night. Enjoy the gig Katherine! Don't forget to tell us all how it went :wink:

Brooke
02-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Ooooh, that's great Katherine! Please give us a full review! I love Jon and Bon Jovi!

And I'm :jealous:

Maleah
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
24 hours from now I'll be at the Bon Jovi concert! Woo hoo! I can't wait....:drool: Sorry, Don, tomorrow night is all about Jon! :D

Maleah, I'll post a review if not tomorrow evening, then on Thursday. I'll give you a taste of what to expect at your concert in April.

Woohoo!!!!! I can't wait! Have fun!

02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Just thought I'd remind everyone that Katherine is tied up tonight, so that's one less problem if anyone wants to pay Don a visit! :D :D :D

Hope you have a great time at the concert Katherine.

DonFan
02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Just thought I'd remind everyone that Katherine is tied up tonight, so that's one less problem if anyone wants to pay Don a visit! :D :D :D

That sounds great to me 8) ! The concept of "sharing" has always been very over-rated. :wink:

katherine5832
02-21-2008, 10:55 PM
WOW WOW WOW! :D

I tried to post this early this morning at 1:30 after the concert, but I couldn't get on the board. I was dying to do it at work, but I knew that it wasn't going to be a short post and I didn't want my boss to catch me. So here's my review...

Bon Jovi was fantastic! I'm still on a Bon Jovi high. My sister even called me this afternoon and said, "Man, we should go to more concerts. I haven't been this happy in a long time." I said, "Oh my God. You too? I can't stop smiling!" Everytime someone asked me how I was doing or how the concert was I would just grin from ear to ear and say, "Fantastic!"

So here are the details:

We got there about a half hour before Daughtry came on and we could not believe how many people were already there. It was a sellout (more about that later), but I didn't expect so many people to be there for the opening act. I didn't care about seeing Daughtry, but I wanted to be sure that we weren't late for Bon Jovi (and I figured I might as well see both acts and get my money's worth - although with just Bon Jovi I got more than my money's worth).

Daughtry started right at 7:30. Amazing, since I don't think I've ever been to a concert that started on time! He played for about 45 minutes. While I'm not a fan of his, I was very impressed with how the crowd received him. There seemed to be a lot of fans there. The one thing that stands out about the band is that the drummer played shirtless. Of course, that conjured up thoughts about another drummer that we know and love...but I'm not sure I want to see Don drumming shirtless no matter how much I love the guy!

So Daughtry played, blah, blah, blah, and then his set was over. Buh-bye, Daughtry, hello Bon Jovi. We waited for about 25 minutes while the stage was changed.

At 8:40 the lights went down and Lost Highway started. Pandemonium set in. It was so exciting being there. Oh, a timeout to tell you where we were sitting. We sat at the stage end behind the band, but not directly behind. We were at the corner of the stage (Richie Sambora's side). So while the band had their backs to us most of the night, we had a lovely view of Jon's 2nd best ASSet (pun totally intended) his first, of course, being his lovely face. The guy hasn't aged! We also had the luxury of being close to the large screens, so even though we couldn't always see their faces from the stage, we could see them on the big screens - he looked absolutely stunning.

Okay, so let me tell you what he had on. He had black jeans and a taupe or gray or tan short-sleeved shirt (it was really hard to tell what color it was with the lighting). He was showing a lot of chest. :fainted: :drool: It was unbuttoned down to mid-chest. Later, he changed into a long-sleeve shirt (again the color was hard to discern, but it had some pretty embroidered red floral designs on it - trust me, it looked better than I'm describing it). Again, it was unbuttoned down to mid-chest. Man, the guy can work that look! For the encore he came out with a gray t-shirt.

I kept a good list in my head of what songs he played, but I soon forgot the order of most of them. I found the set list on the official site's blog, so the following list is in the right order - the Internet is awesome isn't it?
Lost Highway, You Give Love a Bad Name, Raise Your Hands, Runaway, Complicated, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (with bits and pieces of Jumpin' Jack Flash and Dancing in the Street - of course we went nuts when he sang "and don't forget the Motor City"), Radio Saved My Life, Summertime, Blaze of Glory (intro was Knockin' on Heaven's Door), Whole Lot of Leavin', Born to Be My Baby, We Got It Goin' On, It's My Life, Bad Medicine (with a little bit of Shout thrown in for good measure), I'll Be There for You (Richie sang this - more about this later), (You Want to) Make a Memory, Bed of Roses, Have a Nice Day, Keep the Faith, Who Says You Can't Go Home, Livin' on a Prayer. Encore: Wanted Dead or Alive and I Love This Town.

When Richie was singing I'll Be There for You, Jon was offstage. I joked to my sister that he was probably being toweled off (I had a sudden urge to be towel at that point) and changing his shirt. After Richie was done, the lights went down and when they went up, my sister said, "Holy s***! Look where he is!" He was on a small stage on one side of the main floor (at mid-court sideline if you picture the main floor as a basketball court). There he sang (You Want to) Make a Memory. The people over there were so stunned, you could see it in their faces. A couple of women had their hands on their faces and one of them was crying. As he was slapping/shaking people's hands, the looks on their faces (even the men) were priceless. They were in such awe! He pulled a woman up on the mini-stage and danced with her and then kissed her on the lips. He patted her butt when she was getting down from the stage. My sister said that that woman could've died at the point and she would've been a very happy woman! Just as we were wondering how he was going to get back to the main stage, he started singing Bed of Roses and while he was singing he got off the mini-stage and walked through the crowd on the main floor shaking and slapping hands while he was doing this. It was so thrilling even though I wasn't one of the lucky ones down there. I was genuinely thrilled for those fans (okay, a little envious too) and so impressed with JBJ's generosity and showmanship.

Speaking of showmanship, that guy can rock! He had so much energy. Remember the interview where Don speaks of a critic who said that the Eagles "loitered on stage"? Well, JBJ is the total opposite of that! He never stood still. Now, I love the Eagles and I have no problem with the way they perform, but, damn, watching JBJ was exciting!

God, I'm so sorry that this is so long. A few more things:

My favorite song of his is Livin' on a Prayer and I swear I thought I was either a) going to blow out a vocal chord from singing so loud b) hyperventilate because I wasn't breathing while I was singing, or c) burst a blood vessel from singing so loud. That song was incredible. I thought, "How gratifying it must be for him (and any musician) to hear thousands of fans singing along with him. He really seemed genuinely thrilled with the crowd's reaction to him.

He talked about being at the Pistons basketball game the night before. There, they raised a banner to the rafters honoring his 10 sellout concerts that he's had there over the years. Again, he seemed truly touched by this and he also mentioned the warm reception he's always received from not only the Detroit fans, but also the Detroit radio stations. He also talked about running into Bob Seger outside the stadium during the game and that his song Wanted Dead or Alive was influenced by Seger's Turn the Page.

Later when my sister and I stopped for a bite to eat after the concert, we were talking about how cool it was that he has been married to the same woman for nearly 20 years and how they had 4 kids. My sister said, "How awesome would that be?......You know to have Jon Bon Jovi as your dad?" I said, "Whoa! I was thinking about how awesome it would be to make babies with Jon Bon Jovi!" :twisted:

I'm sure I forgot to mention some things, but that'll have to do. I'm sorry if I've told you way more than you wanted to know, but like I said, I'm still on a Bon Jovi high and I just can't stop thinking about last night. It came in handy today at work. Whenever something crappy happened, I just conjured up visions of JBJ and I would smile from ear to ear again! :D :D :D :D :D

EasyFeeling
02-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Awwwww Katherine, don't apologize for your long review. I enjoyed every little detail, especially thinking about making babies with Jon Bon Jovi. :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds you had a blast at that concert. :D Isn't it great when such a hot guy is interacting with the fans? :D I love when they are walking through the crowd so you can touch them. Your review reminds me of Keith concerts... how great would it be to have them both on stage, performing together. :heart: :fainted:

sodascouts
02-22-2008, 10:59 AM
What a spectacular review! His shirt was unbuttoned down to mid-chest? NUMMY!

I've always loved Bon Jovi and that part where he mixed with the audience was so cool to hear about. There are so very few big stars that will do that. I know Bono does something like that for a song during a U2 concert, but I can't think of any other big established acts off of the top of my head. Can you imagine if our guys did something like that?! Heck, I'll just take our guys unbuttoning to mid-chest again. lol

Thanks for the review!