PDA

View Full Version : 1971-08-01 - Flying Burrito Brothers (w/ Bernie Leadon) - audience recording

BBKron
05-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey Bernie Leadon fans,

I've just posted a previously uncirculated audience recording of the Flying Burrito Brothers from 1971-08-01 - Boston, available for download through my blog, the BB Chronicles, here http://bbchron.blogspot.com/2011/05/flying-burrito-brothers-1971-08-01.html
This was one of the last shows that Bernie did with FBB before leaving to join Don and Glenn w/ Linda Ronstadt's band, and shortly thereafter form the Eagles. Although Bernie doesn't get a chance to sing lead on any of the songs performed (and no Bernie compositions either, no wonder he left), he does contribute fine harmony vocals and excellent guitar and banjo work throughout. Overall, an excellent show, and a fine representation of Bernie's previous band.

whitcap
05-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for sharing BBKron!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks again for sharing your concert videos with us here, BBKron. Cool stuff!!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Great - thanks!

GettheLeadonOut!!
05-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you BBKron for this solid Leadon treasure.

The blue "Flying Burrito Brothers" album from 1971 is a great lead-in to the "Eagles" album. and this tour is interesting in that it features the great Al Perkins on pedal steel guitar. excellent Bernie banjo and vox

I've read Bernie describe this as his "fallow" period as a songwriter. That didn't last long as he obviously felt the magic jamming with the Ronstadt guys. a few weeks later he is writing Witchy Woman with Henley and watching Take It Easy climb the album charts!!

Great stuff. Thanks again BBKron!