PDA

View Full Version : Ironic Songs

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Has anyone here ever felt that when they switched on their radio or ipod that the song that was playing held a certain irony?

Today when I hobbled out of the hospital, sat in the car and turned on the radio the song that was playing was 'I Hope You dance'

Hardly likely with MY ankle!

Similarly last year when Hubby's Dad died, the following morning the radio woke us up with the Luther Vandross song 'Dance With My Father' EEK

Has anyone else ever had this type of experience?

Freypower
05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I occasionally hear songs when it seems appropriate that I've heard them. However there is no way that I could remember those occasions. Now this thread exists I might try & post here if if happens.

I once was driving to work & Elvis Costello's Accidents Will Happen was in the CD player. Later that day I unfortunately did have a car accident. :brickwall:

sodascouts
05-16-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm sure this has happened to me but it's hard to remember later.

I suppose this isn't so much "ironic" as "fitting" but while I was driving behind a tornado system with rain thrashing around my car a couple weeks ago, I heard Rihanna's "Umbrella" playing on the radio! lol!

TimothyBFan
05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Oh yes, rather often since I have music going pretty much 24 hours a day. Or a song will keep appearing to me. For instance a couple months ago, I had my ipod on in the tanning bed one night and the last song I heard was Edge of Seventeen by Stevie, got in my car to go home and the radio was playing Edge of Seventeen, wasn't home 2 minutes and Edge Of Seventeen started on the satellite radio in the kitchen. Weird!!!

Love this thread by the way!

Brooke
05-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes, this has happened to me many times, but I can't remember one right now! Like Fp said, now that we have a thread maybe I can remember it long enough to post it!

One thing I can say is many times when I come here to The Border an Eagles song will start playing on the radio. But I'm here a lot and my radio station plays a lot of Eagles songs!

Annabel
05-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Funny enough this happened to me today. I was cooking dinner about 4.30pm and Bruno Mars - Lazy Song was on the radio. Came into the lounge to talk to my DD2 and she was watching the video of it on one of the music channels on TV. :eyebrow:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Great idea for a thread, GA. I can't think of any right off the top of my head, but as others said - now that we have this thread, I'll pay more attention. :thumbsup:

Molly
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
After I found out my brother had died, I was driving out to my mother's house to meet my sister and another brother so that the 3 of us could deliver the bad news to our mother. On the drive out, the radio played Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven".

I remember I nearly had to pull over and gather myself back up.

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2011, 04:46 PM
sorry about your brother Molly. I'm sure that was a tough time for your family.

On my way to the airport going to Niagara Falls 'Home' by Blake Shelton was playing on the radio. NOT where I wanted to be that day!

Henley Honey
09-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Driving my mother to the airport this morning, the Trisha Yearwood song
"Bye, Bye, Baby, Goodbye" came on. Very apropos!