PDA

View Full Version : Eagles - MGM Grand, Las Vegas - November 5, 2011

Wildthyme
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
AMEX PRE-SALE 10AM on 5/23 to 10AM 5/27.

sodascouts
05-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Just copying this over:

Nov. 5, 2011 - Las Vegas, NV
Venue: MGM Grand Hotel
AMEX Pre-sale: May 23
M Life Internet Pre-sale: May 27
General Sale: May 28
Tickets available through Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2E0046ADD1023068?crosssite=LN_US:1599471:376839)

Henley Honey
05-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Did anybody get tix ?
I did ! :partytime: Broke the bank and said what the heck.
I'm justifying the exhorbitant price by combining my
26th Wedding Anniversary (Sept.) My Birthday (Oct) and Christmas.
I felt some buyer's remorse for about 5 minutes -- but I'm over it.
I'm sure it'll kick back in when the Amex bill comes. Ouch.

sodascouts
05-23-2011, 08:22 PM
You go, girl! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Henleyfan
05-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Did anybody get tix ?

I was lucky to get tickets. After a scare in the beginning where they kept saying there were no tickets, I was able to get 5th row!! I have never been that close. I can't wait!

Annabel
05-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Did anybody get tix ?

Loving your logic here. Always a way to justify it. :thumbsup: :hilarious: Hope you have a fab time.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Congratulations on your tickets, ladies. I am very excited for you and am sure that you all will totally enjoy yourselves. I haven't decided if I'm going to go to one of these shows yet or not. It'll probably be several months yet before I make up my mind. If I go, I'll justify it by piggy-backing it with a visit to my niece in Colorado. :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
The more the merrier ! :band:
I'm really excited -- only 165 Days to go! That sounds SOOOOO far away.
If they book additional shows in other cities what holiday's do I have left to justify expense? Flag Day? 4th of July? Kwanza? Hanaukah? Columbus Day?
I'll think of something!

05-24-2011, 11:15 AM
You go, girl!!! :thumbsup:

Annabel
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::thumbsup:

Prettymaid
05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Great! One Borderer going, how many more...

sodascouts
05-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Looks like we have 2 Borderers going now - Henleyfan got 5th row!

Henley Honey
05-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Looks like we have 2 Borderers going now - Henleyfan got 5th row!

HH got 1st Row ! Zowie !!

TimothyBFan
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup: Good job girls!!!! So excited for you!!

Am I the only one amazed that the good seats are being dropped this early on?

Judy
05-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Nicely done, girls! That's great! I would have never thought there would be good seats that early, either.

Henley Honey
05-24-2011, 05:06 PM
:thumbsup: Good job girls!!!! So excited for you!!

Am I the only one amazed that the good seats are being dropped this early on?

As far as I know they haven't. Right now I'm only seeing floor seats in the back of sections A B or C on ticketmaster. There is a "lag-time" before official platinum seats are released. I did the ILAA package. That's my usual MM (method of madness). I'll pay the outrageous price to be sure of great seats to at least one show, then I play the ticketmaster game of waiting for either the platinum seats or decent regularly-priced seats in other venues to go on sale. I have it down to a science. Thats why I call it my MM -- because until it's done and I get the seats I want, I'm like a woman possessed. My husband thinks its scary. I call it determination!

Annabel
05-25-2011, 03:44 AM
:lol: Men just don't understand us women. ;-)

I told my DH that I WAS seeing the Eagles this year when they came to the UK. That's why I am going to stand in a field at a music festival for the first time in my life :stunned: lol. Not exactly the way I wanted to see my first Eagles concert but hey it's gotta be done. :lol:

Henley Honey
05-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Good for you! I'd stand on my head at a festival to see them. So excited for you. Your gonna love it!

TimothyBFan
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
I did the ILAA package.

That explains the good seats then. I just assumed you were going the ol' Ticketmaster route and were actually come up with good seats already.

Henley Honey
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
I just checked and ticketmaster is now selling the platinum seats. The ticket prices are from $375 - $895. Pretty pricey, I know. I don't think an amex card is required. Go get 'em !!

Henleyfan
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
As far as I know they haven't. Right now I'm only seeing floor seats in the back of sections A B or C on ticketmaster. There is a "lag-time" before official platinum seats are released. I did the ILAA package. That's my usual MM (method of madness). I'll pay the outrageous price to be sure of great seats to at least one show, then I play the ticketmaster game of waiting for either the platinum seats or decent regularly-priced seats in other venues to go on sale. I have it down to a science. Thats why I call it my MM -- because until it's done and I get the seats I want, I'm like a woman possessed. My husband thinks its scary. I call it determination!

Wow, I am feeling pretty stupid right now. I didn't know that the platinum seats were not released right away. This is obviously the reason why I have NEVER been able to get up close seats before. :-(

I got my 5th row seats through a ticket reseller this time..... Should I be concerned?

One time I am going to do the ILAA package, but since my husband has been kind enough to let me go to 2 Don Henley concerts this year, and this Eagle concert (and last year I saw Don twice, because I won the tickets to one, and the Eagles twice) I thought I shouldn't push my luck :-). I am jealous HH!

Henley Honey
05-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't know which reseller you used, so I can't say if you'll have an issue.
I can tell you about my experience and which brokers I've used, but maybe you should private message me so I don't post anything that might be libelous. I had several good experiences and one very bad experience, but I'm a little leary that a reseller was able to get fifth row right off the bat. They sometimes speculate and then procure those seats afterwards.

Anybody else have any input for Henleyfan?

05-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I guess it's hard to say anything much not knowing who the ticket was purchased from. However, I think that the well known brokers such as StubHub or Tickets Now are pretty reliable. It varies from show to show, but I have seen times where brokers had first and second row seat available as soon as tickets went on sale. It always ticks me off whenever I see that though - makes me wonder why I couldn't buy that ticket for face value on Ticketmaster. Good luck Henleyfan - 5th row is still a very decent seat.

Henleyfan
05-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I guess it's hard to say anything much not knowing who the ticket was purchased from. However, I think that the well known brokers such as StubHub or Tickets Now are pretty reliable. It varies from show to show, but I have seen times where brokers had first and second row seat available as soon as tickets went on sale. It always ticks me off whenever I see that though - makes me wonder why I couldn't buy that ticket for face value on Ticketmaster. Good luck Henleyfan - 5th row is still a very decent seat.

Thank you HH and Dreamer. After panicking a little I made several calls and finally confirmed through ticketmaster that the tickets are valid. Whew!!

I agree Dreamer that it isnt fair that the resellers get the tickets first and we have to pay the markup.

sodascouts
05-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Good for you, ladies, at getting such great seats! I know you will have a blast!

Brooke
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I just got an email from I Love All Access about their new packages. They haven't gotten any cheaper!

Front Row VIP-$895 (front row in section Floor B)

VIP-$695 (rows 2-10 section Floor A,B,C)

Fan Package-$495 (rows 11-20 section Floor A,B,C) :rolleyes:

:fear:

sodascouts
06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I guess we should be happy they didn't get more expensive, eh?

The "fan package" for $500 - have they done that before?

TimothyBFan
06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
I'll take one of each please! :-x

Prettymaid
06-03-2011, 07:33 AM
It always ticks me off whenever I see that though - makes me wonder why I couldn't buy that ticket for face value on Ticketmaster.

AHG!!! Don't get me started! :cuss:

TimothyBFan
06-03-2011, 07:48 AM
AHG!!! Don't get me started! :cuss:

Did you see how good I was when posting about the prices of tickets? http://bestsmileys.com/mouthzippedshut/2.gif

Brooke
06-03-2011, 09:48 AM
I guess we should be happy they didn't get more expensive, eh?

The "fan package" for $500 - have they done that before?

Yeah, I don't think so.

sodascouts
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
And I believe front row is a bit less expensive. Wasn't it a grand for front row last time?

Henley Honey
06-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I've never seen them go for a grand, but definitely $895 for front row for all sections and $795 for rows 2 - 10 all sections. This is the first time I know of that they sold only section B front row and the first time they've offered the $500. fan package.

It really is outrageously expensive and makes it impossible for some fans, but the resellers are asking $1650 for one front row ticket ! I'd rather pay ILAA and have the money go to the band rather than a scalper who drives up the market sitting on his dead a*#. That really makes me angry.

I've also never seen official platinum seats as high as this Vegas show, but I guess the venue/city and market is a deciding factor. Last year I was able to wait and get 2nd row center in Louisville, KY for $500./ticket off the ticketmaster official platinum section. Yea, still expensive but kinda doable -- then again, I have no kids to put through college or braces or feed and clothe -- so what do I know.

I look at it this way . . . . They probably won't be touring much longer -- what -- another 3 years tops? Plus none of us knows how much longer we'll be on the planet, so -- go for the gold, right? How's that for rationalizing?

sodascouts
06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I see where you're coming from, HH. I purchased ILAA 5 star myself back in 2006 - it was for the London show at Wembley. It was the only time I was ever front row for an Eagles concert and it was fabulous. At the time, it cost me about $500, and I justified it just as you have!

EaglesKiwi
06-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I've used that line too.

My second line of reasoning was: I've had to go back to work fulltime & therefore we have the money at the moment. If I don't spend it on something good it will get swallowed up by the never-ending bills. :hilarious:

06-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Soda - I can't swear to it, but I seem to remember some of the ILAA packages going for a grand as well at one point, but then they dropped the price again. Must not have sold too many at that price! :shock:

But anyway, HH - I like your thinking. :wink: I use the same rationale as you ladies when I buy tickets. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-04-2011, 03:53 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy! Went back and looked it up (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95347&postcount=35) - for the 2010 "California" leg of the tour, they charged $995 for first row and $795 for rows 2-4.

4 star packages were $595.

However, certain venues like Madison Square Garden, the Hollywood Bowl, and the one in Atlantic City had higher package prices; a venue in a different market might be lower.

Annabel
06-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Crazy prices. :eyebrow: My DH would have a fit if I tried for tickets at those prices. :hilarious:

EaglesKiwi
06-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Crazy prices. :eyebrow: My DH would have a fit if I tried for tickets at those prices. :hilarious:
Mine would say, "but if you're going for the MUSIC, does it really matter how near the front you are?".:nahnah:

06-05-2011, 11:03 AM
EK - you can always be like the gearheads and just tell that smart a$$ hubby of yours that the music always sounds much better when you can actually see the musicians play their instruments. :partytime: :rockguitar:

Henley Honey
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I THOUGHT I'd paid a lot for the ILAA Front Row Sec B tickets. Comparatively, I was wrong. I just checked ticketmaster and the official platinum section has for sale:
11/5/11 Show Sec A Row A Seats 12-15 at $1595.00 per ticket!!!
Same seats for 11/19 show are going for $1295.00 per ticket!!
Resellers are gonna have a field day with their prices too.

Are they kidding me? Seriously? I mean, come on. Just cause its Vegas?

At least I'm getting dinner, drinks and an up close and personal experience for my $895. How can they justify this? They're gonna end up getting some high-rollers who could give two about the show or the band and who will spend more time talking & going for drinks than enjoying the show. Insanity.

sodascouts
06-10-2011, 04:56 PM
They're scalping their own tickets, unfortunately (the information about platinum tickets on Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/2E0046ADD1023068/info) makes it clear these tickets were held back from the general sale by the "artist or event provider" in order to sell them for a higher price). I guess they figure the Vegas market will bear that kind of price, so why not charge it?

But... dang!

Makes charging $895 for ILAA seem downright noble. ;) I believe those packages are sold out now, BTW - at least the first-row ones.

TimothyBFan
06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
It just sickens me and makes me extremely bitter that this just continues to happen over and over. I'm sorry, but even if I had $895-$1500 just laying around, there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth I would ever spend that for one ticket to see them. That may just be me tho. :shrug:

luvthelighthouse
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Nope, not just you! I think $200 is crazy for a ticket! (But I'll pay it) We all need to draw a line and I think $200 is about my limit. The higher prices are some peoples paycheck, for TWO weeks. I'm sorry, but that is crazy.

Dare I date myself and say I remember when tenth row Bon Jovi tickets only cost me $21.95? And that was when they were hot with Slippery When Wet was all the rage.

Annabel
06-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Not having been to any concerts for many years, I was 'gobsmacked' when I went for tickets for 2 concerts recently.

Now the festival is representing good value at £70 for a fairly huge number of artists including the Eagles. (I was of course prepared to pay that and probably up to £100 for their own dedicated show but...... it never came :sad:).

I've paid £65 for the Take That concert, with The Pet Shop Boys as support which in comparison feels like I am paying over the odds (as in just 2 acts for my money lol).

As my eldest daughter is the reason for one concert and part support for the festival it has meant double the cost, not to mention hotel overnight for the festival. Oh and DH and DD2 are having the 2 days out at some attractions too. Both events are within 3 days of each other. :eyebrow: Lucky my DH said we could go. :hilarious:

The last concert I went to I'm sure I only paid about £15 -20 for a ticket. It's all getting crazy and maybe a tad out of control. :brickwall:

sodascouts
06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
It just sickens me and makes me extremely bitter that this just continues to happen over and over. I'm sorry, but even if I had $895-$1500 just laying around, there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth I would ever spend that for one ticket to see them. That may just be me tho. :shrug:

I see what you're saying but in truth, if I could afford it, I'd probably do it!

Brooke
06-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, I did it once (hubby and I) for a VIP package and got front row nearly center. We paid $895 each for the tickets. But, I had saved specifically for that for about 2 years. Then when it was time to buy I nearly backed out! But it was a once in a lifetime (to quote Keith Urban :wink: ) experience and we'll never forget being that close to our favorite band of all time. Sometimes I feel guilty for spending that much money so frivolously, but...........I did it and will always remember the fun we had that one time.

ETA: If I could afford it, I would do it again.

luvthelighthouse
06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Oh and DH and DD2 are having the 2 days out at some attractions too.

You are the only other person I know to use DH and DD! I always figured nobody would know what I was talking about! lol

As for the tickets in Vegas... Yes, I guess they are more expensive since it's Vegas and everything is BIG there. It's easy to just hand out money when you are in Vegas... but I think the main issue for me is, (i think it was Soda that said it) they are scalping their own tickets! Vegas or not, just because people will pay it, doesn't make it right. It's the age old arguement... "then don't pay it"... however, enough people still pay the high price, so my lonesome standoff doesn't make a difference and the common joe, a real hardcore fan, may not be able to see them because of the price. Okay, I should stop now...

Annabel
06-14-2011, 06:18 AM
You are the only other person I know to use DH and DD! I always figured nobody would know what I was talking about! lol

:thumbsup: My craft forum is like a foreign language with all the abreviations we use. :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I admit, it took a while for my mind to adjust from thinking "Don Henley" every time I saw "DH" in your posts. lol

Brooke
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
It took me a while, too! :lol:

Annabel
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I admit, it took a while for my mind to adjust from thinking "Don Henley" every time I saw "DH" in your posts. lol

Well that would be nice :laugh: but alas nope, just dear(est) husband or darling husband depending how much you like him at the time. :hilarious:

Freypower
06-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what does 'DD' mean then? 'Dear daughter'?

Annabel
06-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Yep and therefore DS is dear son. Numbers determine eldest - youngest. SO DD1 is my eldest daughter but DD2 is the youngest (or 2nd daughter if you have more than 2)

EaglesKiwi
06-24-2011, 05:21 AM
I used to belong to a Christmas forum that used DH, DD, DS (and DMiL for mother-in-law etc). Still, "Don Henley" would be nice! :nahnah:

Hmm, yes, ticket prices. Well, tickets to U2 were less than half the price of Eagles tickets (although they were for standing general admission). But then, the concert was barely 2 hours long, & I only knew about half the songs. But it surely must have cost as much to present, and they didn't feel the need to make ticket prices higher. :brickwall:

But I have to say: wish I had the opportunity to buy ANY tickets!

Often when I watch F1 I feel so jealous of those people in the front rows. It must be kinda cool to see yourself on DVD AT THE CONCERT! So if I knew they would be filming, I think I'd try to find some way of affording the premium tickets :hilarious:

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Six Weeks From Today!!!!!
Vegas, Baby!!!!

Prettymaid
09-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Wonder when they'll start rehearsing?

VAisForEagleLovers
09-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Six Weeks From Today!!!!!
Vegas, Baby!!!!

Happy happy happy!!! I can't wait!!! Happy birthday to me :partytime:
See ya there, HH!

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Hopefully, they'll change things up a bit in the show and need to rehearse. But if its the last of the Long Road shows, then I'd think they'd only do a soundcheck. After three years of Long Road Out Of Eden, I'd hope they'd have it down by now. :hilarious:

Who knows -- but Joe is playing in Arizona on October 31st, so they've got a two-week window if they need it.

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Happy happy happy!!! I can't wait!!! Happy birthday to me :partytime:
See ya there, HH!

Looking forward to meeting you. When it gets closer, I'll send you a pm with contact numbers, hotel, etc. We can meet for a drink. I can't wait either!! :partytime: Where are you sitting? I think Henley Fan is in Row 5 but I don't think anybody else is going to this show.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Looking forward to meeting you. When it gets closer, I'll send you a pm with contact numbers, hotel, etc. We can meet for a drink. I can't wait either!! :partytime: Where are you sitting? I think Henley Fan is in Row 5 but I don't think anybody else is going to this show.

Yes, PM me closer to the time. I'm section A, seat 11. You? It wasn't an ILAA ticket :(. I'll get one of those (and center section) for 40th anniversary tour. (There had better be one.)

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I broke the bank and did the ILAA. Section B Row 1. Everytime I say that I bust out in a great:) BIG smile.
It's outrageously expensive, I know. Trust me I had some buyer's remorse when I clicked "submit order" but I'm sure I won't have any on the 5th!!

See you there!!!

Henley Honey
10-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Five Weeks To Go!!!
Just sayin . . . . :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2011, 03:37 AM
I broke the bank and did the ILAA. Section B Row 1. Everytime I say that I bust out in a great:) BIG smile.
It's outrageously expensive, I know. Trust me I had some buyer's remorse when I clicked "submit order" but I'm sure I won't have any on the 5th!!

See you there!!!

Buyers remorse HH? - I call that an adrenaline rush!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Thirty days and counting!!:partytime::thumbsup::)

Henley Honey
10-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Not that I'm counting. (Much) :partytime:

Henley Honey
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Seven Days From Today!!!!

Front Row Center Section
I am VERY excited!!! :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-29-2011, 01:10 PM

Front Row Center Section

Of course I'm looking forward to having front row seats for this concert, that goes without saying. My birthday, time off from work as well. At this very moment, just being somewhere warm is something to look forward to all by itself... I Can't Wait!!!!!

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Ooooh so exciting, for everyone going.

sodascouts
10-29-2011, 02:32 PM
So happy for you guys!!!! And a wee bit jealous, too! ;)

Prettymaid
10-29-2011, 07:11 PM
You front rowers are bound to get some eye contact!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-29-2011, 09:30 PM

I hope so!

Henley Honey
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM

Love me a little "Glenn-tact". :inlove:

Prettymaid
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
HH!!! :shock: Not one mention of Don!!! Are you changing teams? ;)

StephUK
10-31-2011, 07:04 PM

Front Row Center Section

You're gonna have such a great time in the front row :nod:- I have been in the front row a few times and it's amazing being SO close. You're bound to get some eye contact, can't fail to.:yay::yay:

If you can tear your eyes away from your favourite Eagles, please report back on how my darling Will is looking.

You lucky, lucky ladies. :jealous: I'll be there with you in thought.

StephUK
10-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Just to get you in the mood......this is a photo I took of the Eagles at the MGM Grand last year when I was there. Happy memories.:nod:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6057/6300088883_7069fff849_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300088883/)
Eagles 2010 Las Vegas 136 (3820) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300088883/) by stephclark62 (http://www.flickr.com/people/16004674@N04/), on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6228/6300659538_ba511d8aa7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300659538/)
DSCN3638 s (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300659538/) by stephclark62 (http://www.flickr.com/people/16004674@N04/), on Flickr

Henley Honey
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
HH!!! :shock: Not one mention of Don!!! Are you changing teams? ;)

I'm a total team player -- I love 'em all!! Love me a little Don-tact too but Glenn's got those piercing eyes. How does that line go from Good Day In Hell? "She's got you deep in her eyes." That's what I'm talking about!!! When he looks at ya, you know it. :inlove:

Henley Honey
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Just to get you in the mood......this is a photo I took of the Eagles at the MGM Grand last year when I was there. Happy memories.:nod:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6057/6300088883_7069fff849_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300088883/)
Eagles 2010 Las Vegas 136 (3820) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300088883/) by stephclark62 (http://www.flickr.com/people/16004674@N04/), on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6228/6300659538_ba511d8aa7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300659538/)
DSCN3638 s (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/6300659538/) by stephclark62 (http://www.flickr.com/people/16004674@N04/), on Flickr

Thanks, Steph!! If I wasn't excited before, I sure am now. The anticipation is sweet and I'm trying to enjoy it cause I know how fast those 3 hours really go. The MGM kind of reminds me of the Laver Arena where they filmed FW1. I'm REALLY looking forward to it and I'll certainly give your best to Will. :nod:

Henleyfan
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I hope Everyone going has an awesome time. I can't wait to hear reviews and the set list as I get ready for the Nov 19th concert.

Tori
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I hope everyone has a good time! Looking forward to reading reviews.

Henley Honey
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm all packed & ready to go! :blueblob: We're out of here at the crack of dawn tomorrow. :wave: I'm not bringing my laptop but I'll e-mail Soda and give a "quickie review" on Sunday and I'll post on Monday when I get home. VA may be bringing her laptop so she can post Sat night.

Very excited!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I never go anywhere without my laptop! If I don't post something Saturday night, then I will before I leave on Sunday.

I'm not leaving until Friday, but I at least have a list of things to pack...I can't wait!:blueblob:

Prettymaid
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Safe trips to all and have a blast! Looking forward to hearing about all the goo-goo eyes you get from the guys!

sodascouts
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I suppose I could drive.... break it up into two days... I've driven 12 hour jaunts before, I can do it again. I don't have a ticket obviously, but maybe I could get one at the venue the day of.... I don't know. It's kind of insane, but it would be SO COOL!

Glennhoney
11-02-2011, 09:12 PM
GO SODA GO :nod:

AzEaglesFan
11-02-2011, 09:39 PM
You know you want to go,Soda. Just GO. Have a safe trip.

sodascouts
11-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Of course I WANT to go! However, my logical side is saying "That is too extreme even for you, Nancy!"

I have to teach at 2:30 on Monday. That means on the way back, I won't be able to do 12/12. I'll have to do something like 17/7. I've never driven 17 hours straight before and even I find that daunting. Of course there's a first time for everything!

Koala
11-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Soda and all the others have a safe trip!

Can't wait to hear from this concert!

TimothyBFan
11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Oh, for goodness sake, just get in your car and go!!!!!! We all know you will anyways so why beat yourself up going back and forth!! As the Nike commercial would say, "Just do it!". :rofl:Have a safe trip & keep us up to date.

Glennsallnighter
11-03-2011, 07:39 AM
If you can at all, GO Soda! You only regret the things you DON'T do!

Have a safe trip HH, and anyone else travelling! Keep us all posted on how you are getting on.

Prettymaid
11-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Am I the only voice of logic here? ;)

17 hours is way too long for one person to drive. I would worry about your safety. There are going to be plenty of chances to see them next year too.....

Well, if you go please be careful!

Brooke
11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Pm, I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't going to say anything. Then you did!

Soda, this is crazy, but if you go, please be careful. :worried:

Prettymaid
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't want her to succumb to peer pressure if it's not safe. :ack:

UK TimFan
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the most crucial part of Soda's 'dilemma' is

I don't have a ticket

Yes, it would be a rare achievement to see shows by the four solo Eagles plus a full Eagles show in one year, but as you haven't as yet got a ticket for Vegas there's no guarantee that it's going to be possible.

Then, there's the driving problem.

I know US roads are way different to UK ones, but even with rest breaks (and a crafty 15 minutes cat nap) I find that my 'concentration limit' is seriously waning after 9 hours. So to think of driving for 17 hours is insane.
The UK has rules restricting the hours of work for 'professional drivers' (e.g.truckers), and there are similar ones in the US. From what I can see, in the US the hours are limited to a maximum of 11 hours driving per working day.
Those rules are there for a very good reason, Soda.
(And don't forget it not just the drive back, it's the accumulative effect of the drive to Vegas as well.)

TimothyBFan
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I understand where you all are coming from on the safety issue but I also think she knows when she needs to pull over and take a break. It's not her first rodeo! ;) I would never attempt it but I'm not use to the driving that Soda has been known to accomplish on these jaunts. She'll make the right decision, I have all the faith in the world in our Soda!

Troubadour
11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I know you guys will have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Good luck, Nancy, if you decide to go. I'm hoping you get a ticket on the night, as it may be a good omen for me on the 19th! ;)

StephUK
11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Nancy, could you not drive part way & then fly the rest? I know internal flights can be expensive though. Is there no-one who would go with you & share the driving?
Whatever you decide to do, take care.
Steph

Freypower
11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I will echo the voice of reason & state that Soda, you should wait until next year, when there might be a revised setlist, and also don't forget there may be a solo tour by Glenn. I really don't think you should push yourself for this.

But of course, if you do go, good luck & take care of yourself.

11-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Well, I'll just start off by saying that it's good to be back. I just got home from Colorado last night after visiting my niece and the weather out there is NOT pretty. The reason I bring this up in this thread is because Soda would be driving through that state and some very mountainous snowy terrain. They had a blizzard come in on Tuesday night. My niece lives in Colorado Springs which is about 1 1/2 hour drive south of Denver. My flight was scheduled to leave yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon out of Denver so I decided after checking the internet and local news stations that it would be best if I drove back to Denver on Tuesday night and get a hotel close to the airport. Since the storm was moving north to south that would make my drive to the airport on Wednesday morning a lot easier. I tracked the time the storm was supposed to hit Denver and left an hour before that. Well, let me tell you the storm trackers sure got the time wrong. I got about 1/2 of the way there an ran into a snow storm like I've never seen before - I don't think my visibility was more than 5 - 7 feet and I soon lost sight of the road completely. I have done a lot of driving myself, and am usually very comfortable and unafraid. But that's when I can actually SEE the road. I actually got so scared that I turned around and drove back to Colorado Springs. Yes - the drive to Denver the next morning was a huge treacherous pain, but, at least, it was safer than the night before. I totally agree that a 17 hour drive is too long for anyone traveling alone, especially when weather conditions this time of year are so unsafe and unpredictable.

Nancy - if you decide to make the trip, please be very careful.

sodascouts
11-03-2011, 08:49 PM
For once in my life, I did the sensible thing and stayed home. I'm not very happy about it either. I'm sipping a glass of wine and feeling depressed right now.

Maybe I'll go on the 19th...

Anyway, those of you going have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Tough decision Soda! But maybe it will come to pass on the 19th. And Lou and Jess are hoping to be there that night too!

Prettymaid
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Aw, I wish I could be there to commiserate with you! We could both have a glass and watch F1.

TimothyBFan
11-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Like I told you last night, probably a wise decision even tho a tough one. The 19th will make more sense---more time to plan and hey, bonus, you'll get to see Jess & Lou!!!!! :nod:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Soda, sorry to hear you can't make it although probably a wise decision on your part. We'll miss you!

Koala
11-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Soda, sorry to hear that you don't go the the concert!

Topkat
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
To all those LUCKY people going to the show tomorrow night, Have a BLAST & send us some photos if you can!! So jealous:depressed: Sure wish I was going.

sodascouts
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the sympathy guys, but I brought all this upon myself just by getting a foolish idea into my head and allowing myself to get all worked up without considering it carefully enough.

I had talked myself into it. I had even packed. I had hauled the suitcase down the stairs and put it in the trunk of my car. All I was going to do before leaving for Vegas was go into work and make an appearance at a meeting. I figured that surely I could leave early as my presence was not mandatory. I'd start my drive around 11:00 am and be off on my adventure!

Then it just so happened that due to some experience I was able to call upon, my presence turned out to be essential to that meeting, which wound up lasting seven hours... and then I was asked to interview a potential hire... and then there was crisis with a colleague and one of her students...

I finally got out of work about 5:45 pm. At that point, I had a decision to make: Turn left on I-40 and drive all night towards Vegas after an exhausting day at work, or turn right on I-40 and drive home.

I turned right.

So I don't get to do Vegas this weekend. It's not the end of the world. I'll see them again, provided I don't die in a freak accident first or something.

In fact, since I'm now looking at going on the 19th - this time flying - it's time to call off my pity party! ;)

(However, I would like to note that in 2008, I drove 15 hours straight by myself to see Glenn perform solo in Minnesota - and that was through severe flood conditions that forced closure of several sections of highways. I came out of it safely. I bet I could have done 17 hours straight... I would have been south of Dreamer's storm, driving through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. Still, you guys are sweet to be so concerned!)

Anyway, I feel I kind of hi-jacked this thread with my foolishness, and I apologize for that. As I said before, I wish everyone going a great time and I eagerly look forward to hearing all about it!

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Nancy! We all feel for you. Its great to get the chance to get to any of these gigs, and to be able to grab it when you can. but maybe it was not meant to be!

Still I'm sure you can look forward to the 19th! I hope everything turns out ok for that.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey all, I'm here and looking forward to tonight. However, my luggage is not here! I never check luggage for this very reason. But they made everyone in a certain 'zone' on the plane check their bags and I thought I'd be getting it back on the jetway in Memphis. It never arrived on the baggage carousel here, and the computer said it went to San Antonio. They claim it'll be here this morning. I hope so! My camera is in there....important things like medication (since I hadn't planned on letting go of it), makeup, clothes. You get the idea. The most important thing, the ticket, is safe in my briefcase.

I will report back tonight or tomorrow morning on the concert...after the luggage and weather delay trauma, I'm looking forward to it even more!

sodascouts
11-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh no! How awful!

I'm glad the ticket is safe (although if you have your ID and the credit card you purchased it with, my experience is that you can get another one printed at will call if you lose the original).

Still, we want you looking glam and having that camera for tonight! Here's hoping that luggage arrives in time!

As for medication - in emergencies, you can usually go to a pharmacy and get a couple pills (enough to tide you over) if your doctor's office is open and can be called for confirmation.

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh VA! I hope you manage to get your luggage in time! But still the important thing (the Eagles Ticket) is safe!

I'm sure you could pick up a cheap camera somewhere and have it charged on time for the show if needs be too. Maybe you could go for one with standard batteries and bring some spares. After all it IS your birthday!

Are Doctors offices open in the States on Saturdays? Still I'm sure in your predicament no pharmacy would refuse you necessary meds!

Good luck with it all anyway, Hopefully in a few hours you'll be sitting in that coveters front row seat, all set for the gig!

PS, blow Glenn:heart: a kiss for me please!

Tori
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I hope you get your luggage... because you gotta have the camera! ;) Hope you have fun tonight, and I can't wait for pictures/reviews!

Prettymaid
11-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Those airlines - if they can screw it up they will, huh?!! Good luck with the luggage, enjoy the front row attention and have a happy birthday!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Got the suitcase! Never thought I'd be this excited about a suitcase before. Just had breakfast with HH and her DH, so having a great time. Need to go see if the casino will cough up some good birthday wishes for me in the form of $$. They don't need to know that seeing the guys tonight is all the birthday present I need...

AzEaglesFan
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Glad it turned out okey for you. Have a great time and I hope you get to take a lot of pictures.

StephUK
11-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Got the suitcase! Never thought I'd be this excited about a suitcase before. Just had breakfast with HH and her DH, so having a great time. Need to go see if the casino will cough up some good birthday wishes for me in the form of $$. They don't need to know that seeing the guys tonight is all the birthday present I need...

Pleased you got your suitcase. I know how you were feeling as my luggage went missing when I went to see the Eagles in Berlin - unfortunately mine didn't arrive at my hotel before I had to leave for the show, so I definitely didn't look my best that night(front row & not looking my best....what a disaster!) - still got some attention from Glenn though!!
Anyway, to all of you going to the show tonight, have a wonderful evening. :yay::yay::yay:

11-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the post, Verna and am really glad your suitcase arrived. Hope you all have a wonderful time at the show tonight and can't wait to hear all about it. I'm especially anxious to see if they make any changes to the setlist.

sodascouts
11-06-2011, 01:02 AM
The show is probably over by now. Oh my gosh, I hope HH and/or V post soon!

TimothyBFan
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
(However, I would like to note that in 2008, I drove 15 hours straight by myself to see Glenn perform solo in Minnesota - and that was through severe flood conditions that forced closure of several sections of highways. I came out of it safely. I bet I could have done 17 hours straight.

Oh my, I had forgotten about that!!!! That was a scary experience!!!