PDA

View Full Version : Eagles - MGM Grand, Las Vegas - November 19, 2011

Wildthyme
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
AMEX PRE-SALE 10AM on 5/23 to 10AM 5/27.

sodascouts
05-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Some more info:

Nov. 19, 2011 - Las Vegas, NV
Venue: MGM Grand Hotel
Pre-sale: May 23
M Life Internet Pre-sale: May 27
General Sale: May 28
Tickets available through Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2E0046ADD40B3084?crosssite=LN_US:1599471:376839)

Troubadour
09-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Well, I am definitely going to be in Oklahoma for two weeks in November (probably the 15th to the 29th) and we are planning to do a road trip to Vegas to see this show! I know Jess is checking tickets often, so keep your fingers crossed for us that we can get half-decent seats...

sodascouts
09-03-2011, 04:53 PM
How exciting! This makes me wish I could do Vegas even more!

Henleyfan
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I will be there too! I really hope they bring back the longer show set for these concerts, but either way it will be awesome. What do you think the chances are that Don will sing "Please Come Home for Christmas"? I will be in heaven if he does.... Ok, I will be in heaven just being there, but that song would be the icing on the cake!

Lisa
09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, the show is before Thanksgiving instead of after Thanksgiving! Great song, ("Please Come Home for Christmas"), but this is a hard act to call. He may not do any seasonal material, even with a great performance like this one to include.

Koala
09-04-2011, 02:15 AM
How exciting, Troub! My fingers crossed for you both! :)

EaglesKiwi
09-04-2011, 04:28 AM
They may think Nov 19th is a little early for Please Come Home for Christmas - but the crowd reaction when they performed it last year (Melbourne, Dec 21 & presumably 22) was great. :bow:

Fingers crossed that encourages them to do it again.:pray:

StephUK
09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
In 2009 Don sang 'Please come home for Christmas' at the end of his solo shows in early to mid November; don't know if that would happen at an Eagles show though......but don't entirely give up hope.

Henley Honey
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
How exciting! This makes me wish I could do Vegas even more!

I'm going on the 5th!! I think my room has a couch too! :thumbsup:
The more the merrier!! :partytime:

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I have a plane credit and have been seriously considering it, but the ticket prices are ~ouch~ and nothing good is coming up for either night. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be. :(

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm going on the 5th!! I think my room has a couch too! :thumbsup:
The more the merrier!! :partytime:

Blow Glenn:heart: a birthday kiss from me HH. Please! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Well, obviously, I would love to go to Vegas, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards (pun intended). I have to go to Colorado in a few weeks to visit my niece and I was trying to see if there is any way I can swing it, but it doesn't look like the timing is going to work out. Haven't totally given up hope yet, though.

GlennLover
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm so happy for those who are going! Hope plans come to fruition for those still trying to make it happen!

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Blow Glenn:heart: a birthday kiss from me HH. Please! :pray: :pray: :pray:

It will be MY pleasure. I'll blow him more than one!!!

Topkat
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
A good friend from Colorado wants to go & meet up in Vegas for this show. There are still tickets available, so I'm looking to see if I can swing it. It looks a bit expensive, air, hotel, tickets & the money to spend there for 3 nights, but I may try to go!!!:partytime: I hope it happens, would love to see this!

09-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Good luck, TK - sure hope it works out for you! :thumbsup:

Woodstock
09-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I'll definitely be in Vegas 11/5, my problem now is trying to get a good seat. There are 6 of us going but everyone else is going to see Garth Brooks that night so I need a single ticket. Thought that would make it easier to get an amazing seat but the best I can find right now is row B in front of Joe. I want row B in front of Timothy. Don't know if I should be patient or just suck it up now and buy it.

Woodstock
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I know this is a great seat. It's thru a broker so it's over $1000, if I'm paying that kind of $ I kinda want to sit in front of TBS. Also, my husband has no idea I'm thinking of paying that much....if he finds out I probably won't ever be seeing the Eagles again cuz I'll be six feet under!:hilarious:

sodascouts
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
I hear ya! I considered that ticket too but dang... so expensive.

Henley Honey
09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I'll definitely be in Vegas 11/5, my problem now is trying to get a good seat. There are 6 of us going but everyone else is going to see Garth Brooks that night so I need a single ticket. Thought that would make it easier to get an amazing seat but the best I can find right now is row B in front of Joe. I want row B in front of Timothy. Don't know if I should be patient or just suck it up now and buy it.

Go for it!! If your gonna go, go big. Here's my lineup.
Thursday - Rod Stewart @ Caesar's Palace
Friday - Garth Brooks @ The Wynn
Saturday - The Eagles @ MGM

Sunday - The poor house!

I'm in section B, but I've been keeping an eye on the broker tickets for a while now, hoping to convince others (Soda) to "come to the dark side" and get tickets. Section A has had the most available seats, so I'd scoop 'em up while you can. And honestly, the "Joe" side is fun! Timothy is great but doesn't "play" with the audience. If I had to choose, I'd go Joe.
JMHO. Hope to see you there!

sodascouts
09-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I'd love to come over to the "dark side" - but financing the descent is problematic. ;)

Henley Honey
09-14-2011, 07:42 AM
I hear ya, Soda. Especially when we have (fingers crossed) a 40th anniversary tour to save up for!

EaglesKiwi
09-15-2011, 04:27 AM
I was wondering if MikeA and Verna will be making it to one of the Vegas shows... has anybody heard anything from them? Last post I saw from Mike feels like months ago!

Annabel
09-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Talk to him on FB from time to time.and he's busy working hard. :computer: Pretty sure he's not going to Vegas for this.:)

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard from Mike for ages either. Tell him I said 'Hi' next time you're on, will you? Hope his grandkids are doing well.

Woodstock
09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Just checked the brokers site again and the row B ticket went up $49....WTF!! I'm also trying to get tickets for Don Henley's solo show in Saratoga on Wed. I'm just working these days to pay for my Eagles addiction:brickwall:

Henley Honey
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Its probably because the single seat in Row C was sold.

That addiction is a killer. I haven't found the cure yet -- not even looking!

Annabel
09-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard from Mike for ages either. Tell him I said 'Hi' next time you're on, will you? Hope his grandkids are doing well.

Will do and yep they are all fine. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I was wondering if MikeA and Verna will be making it to one of the Vegas shows... has anybody heard anything from them? Last post I saw from Mike feels like months ago!

MikeA, whenever you read this, tell your wife I LOVE her first name!! There's so few of us out there. My grandmother's name was Verna and I was named for her, although my family add my middle name to it out of habit (Verna K.).

I'm so looking forward to the concert on the 5th...

Troubadour
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
As you guys know, I will be in the States for two weeks in November and am planning to attend this show with Jess (and, I think, Christi.) Due to the shortage of decent tickets on broker sites, Jess went ahead and bought the single front row seat that was left. So I'm asking you all to keep your eyes peeled for any other single tickets that become available. I will keep checking StubHub as often as possible. Do you have any suggestions of other reputable broker sites I could check?

The next best seat at the moment is Row J, but it's over $400 MORE than the front row seat Jess got! I really don't want to pay that much more to sit ten rows back. I think it may come right down to the wire... I know Nancy has had success in the past with getting a single seat close to showtime and I'm hoping and praying that this will be the case for me. This is my one chance to see the guys right now.

Provided nothing comes up sooner, I'll be checking the sites furiously in the 24 hours before the concert. My nerves will be shot to shreds, but I think that's my best option at the moment.

Any advice/words of encouragement in the meantime would be much appreciated!

sodascouts
10-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you're already doing what you need to be doing. I'm hoping very hard it works out for you!

One thing my friend and I did when only one of us could get a good seat was go halfsies. We split the cost of the two tickets - one up front and one further back on the floor - then traded places halfway through the concert so each of us had 1 hour in the good seat.

If the audience is standing, you can also try to pull a fast one. The one with the first row ticket needs to make friends with the security near her so they are sure to remember her as a girl with a first row ticket and they won't ask to check her ticket again. Then, after a bit, that girl "goes to the bathroom." While out, the tickets are traded, security only looks carefully at the ticket of the unfamiliar face (make sure to come back separately; Girl #1 goes back to her security friends; Girl #2 goes to completely different security people), and ouila! Both are up there. Like I said, this only works if the crowd is standing because otherwise there's one too many bodies for the seats. I did this once for a Stevie Nicks show in Chicago. It's nerve-wracking but it paid off big time.

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Nancy's idea would be fantastic, but it is dependent on so many factors that you guys can't control -like whether people will stand or not for starters! I'm really hoping you can get a front or nearly front row ticket of your own Lou.You are travelling so far, you need to have that security. i'm really keeping everything crossed for you that it will all work out. :hug:

10-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Lou - I've had some luck at buying tickets at the venue as well, but I don't know if that works for a Vegas show or not. I've never tried it. But, I think you would be wise to wait before paying a huge amount over face value for a ticket. As Nancy said, it is sometimes possible to "upgrade" your seat once you are there. You and Jess can also lead the way in trying to encourage folks to stand, although there is no guarantee that they will. Then there is always the possibility of rushing the stage. Although, this is very rare, Karen Z and I were let up to the front by the security guards in Sacramento - they just waived us right up. Anyway, if you are going to have to sit in something beyond Row 4 or 5, I would only pay face value because the odds of you landing one of those tickets at the venue for face value are probably very good. Good luck and got my fingers and toes crossed for you. :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I'll do some checking with the Vegas-based brokers and see what I can come up with. Maybe you'll have better luck with them. I'll send you a pm if I find some good seats!!

Troubadour
10-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks everyone. Dreamer, you're right - I've got to avoid the temptation to pay an extortionate amount for, say, a row 9 or 10 ticket. There's still plenty of time before the concert, and we know how these things generally work. I would be gutted if I can't get a good seat, but I'd also be gutted if I paid a huge amount for an okay seat when I could have got a second row seat at the box office for face value, or a little over! I've just got to have faith.

HH - I would really appreciate that!

TimothyBFan
10-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I have my fingers and everything else crossed in hopes that you will get a great seat and very soon so that that is one less thing to have to deal with before you take off.

GlennLover
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I have my fingers and everything else crossed in hopes that you will get a great seat and very soon so that that is one less thing to have to deal with before you take off.

Me too!

Troubadour
10-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Thank you, guys!

Henley Honey
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Still looking, Troub. Too bad you're not gonna be there on the 5th. Seems more reasonable seats available. I'll do my best for the 19th for you!

Troubadour
10-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks, HH!

sodascouts
11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
OK, I've decided to go! I know it's crazy, but it feels right to do it. Of course, that might just be my Eaglemania talking, but when will I ever have the chance to see all the current Eagles solo as well as together in the space of a few months?

Now, I just need to get a ticket!

Prettymaid
11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Look!

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=joewalsheagles

VAisForEagleLovers
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Good for you, Soda! Do me a favor and pick up my slack in the picture department???

Brooke
11-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Look!

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=joewalsheagles

Maybe you can win this Soda! :rockguitar:

Troubadour
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
It will be great to see you again, Nancy. I'm trying not to focus on the concert too much because I don't want to be really disappointed if I can't get in... but it's hard. Fingers crossed we'll both get decent seats. If not, at least you and I can go and hang out somewhere and drown our sorrows! ;)

sodascouts
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Girl, we are getting into that concert. Don't you worry. We will find a way.

However, you can always buy a sucky seat for backup if you're really sweating it.

Henley Honey
11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Go for it!! If I could do it I'd go again! :rockguitar:

Troubadour
11-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Girl, we are getting into that concert. Don't you worry. We will find a way.

However, you can always buy a sucky seat for backup if you're really sweating it.

Nah - I can't really afford it. I'll just try my luck at the venue. I can't believe I will be in the States in exactly one week! Time has flown. So excited!

TimothyBFan
11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
So glad you are going and planning ahead this time!! I am sure there will be 2 great seats at the door waiting for both of you when you arrive!!!

Prettymaid
11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Soda is on a mission!

Koala
11-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Soda, I'm verry happy for that you go! My fingers croosed that you, Lou and Jess gets tickets!

Troubadour
11-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks, guys. Koala - Jess has a front row ticket already. Fingers crossed Nancy and I can get something decent at the door.

Koala
11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Koala - Jess has a front row ticket already. Fingers crossed Nancy and I can get something decent at the door.
OK, The lucky one!I'm sure you get good seats!My fingers crossed still for you!

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Nah - I can't really afford it. I'll just try my luck at the venue. I can't believe I will be in the States in exactly one week! Time has flown. So excited!

Knowing both of you like I THINK I do, I'm sure you'll pull out all the stops to be there! I really hope you get wonderful seats- both of you deserve them, Nancy for her utmost dedication in fulfilling her ambition to see all 4 Eagles in solo shows, as well as an Eagles one, and Lou for travelling so far to be there!

Good luck girls!

(Good luck ticket Vendors........ You have the Might of the Border to challenge)

sodascouts
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
OK, I know this is for the 5th, but how hilarious is this:

Free Eagles Ticket in exchange for date (http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tix/2683280938.html)

Wonder if he got any that night?

Well, in Vegas, prostitution is legal, you know! lol

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
:rofl: That's hilarious!!! Hell, I'm married and I would of taken him up on it!

I think we need to contact him and see if he wants to join the board. :grin:

Henley Honey
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
When my DH saw how much the scalpers were getting for tickets, he (jokingly) kept threatening to sell his seat. My reply was:

"Just make sure he's cute and likes to dance". He stopped threatening.

sodascouts
11-11-2011, 02:50 AM
lol! Smart man! ;)

I just realized a little piece of trivia. The Nov. 19 show is a day before Joe's birthday, and the Nov. 5 show was the day before Glenn's birthday! Maybe these guys just like to spend their birthdays in Vegas. ;)

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Ha! You may be onto something Nancy!

sodascouts
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM
OK, found the shirt I'm gonna wear!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/mobile/f1591814.jpg

And when you lift your arms, the sleeves billow out in Stevie-style!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/mobile/81ad1916.jpg

Prettymaid
11-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Very pretty top! I also see 'Command Central' in the background. ;-)

sodascouts
11-13-2011, 05:30 PM
That's where the magic happens! ;)

sodascouts
11-14-2011, 01:26 AM
I just realized something.... Nov. 19 is also the day I want to my first Eagles concert back in 2005 - the Sacramento show! PLS and I were in the fourth row, and Dreamer and Z were there, too. So, this Las Vegas show is on the 6th anniversary of my first Eagles concert experience.

Me going to this show was definitely meant to be. ;)

EaglesKiwi
11-14-2011, 04:51 AM
I just realized something.... Nov. 19 is also the day I want to my first Eagles concert back in 2005 - the Sacramento show! PLS and I were in the fourth row, and Dreamer and Z were there, too. So, this Las Vegas show is on the 6th anniversary of my first Eagles concert experience.

How cool Soda - hopefully it's going to be a fabulous show!

TimothyBFan
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Now we know why the 5th didn't work out and this one will!! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM

The best way possible to celebrate Soda........ With another show! And with more Borderers. Did you ever think that night in 2005 what a board you were about to create? Congratulations on such a successful venture!

Henley Honey
11-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Sounds like its really meant to be, Soda. Hope you and everyone else who is going have a fabulous night. We'll all be with you in spirit! :partytime:

Troubadour
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Well, as Soda has just informed me that all of the TM tickets are now gone, I'm really not too confident about getting a ticket for this show. Especially as I can't afford too much. :( I guess it will be a case of "what will be, will be" on the night. I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

On the positive side, I am off to America in the morning! I am very excited about this whole holiday. I am all packed, and I can't wait to see Jess and everyone else in Oklahoma. I would love to see the guys on the 19th, obviously, but I'm going to have a great time no matter what. I'll see you all on the other side. :)

Freypower
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Have a great time, Troub.

Brooke
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm sure something will come up for you! Don't they always release some seats a few days before the shows? Here's hoping!

Have a safe trip!

sodascouts
11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh, Troub will get a ticket alright. Will it be the best ticket ever in the whole world? Doubtful! But she'll get a ticket. There are still tickets out there, even if you can't get them through Ticketmaster right at this minute. At worst, we'll approach a scalper outside the venue and haggle him down from the exorbitant prices currently listed; they inevitably lower prices as the show approaches and they become more desperate to unload their stock. It'll be OK. Trust me; I'm an old hand at this.

Henley Honey
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Listen ladies, I'm a firm believer in positive thinking. Don't let the negative in and it's gonna be just fine. We are all putting our "positive" out there for y'all so it's gotta be good. Blow Don a kiss for me!
Enjoy the concert!!!!

Well, as Soda has just informed me that all of the TM tickets are now gone, I'm really not too confident about getting a ticket for this show. Especially as I can't afford too much. :( I guess it will be a case of "what will be, will be" on the night. I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

On the positive side, I am off to America in the morning! I am very excited about this whole holiday. I am all packed, and I can't wait to see Jess and everyone else in Oklahoma. I would love to see the guys on the 19th, obviously, but I'm going to have a great time no matter what. I'll see you all on the other side. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
You'll get tickets...I'm sending positive vibes your way to get really good ones. I'll be done with the Seger concert at about the time yours will start. I'll wait your review anxiously! You have the art of reviews down to a science.

Tori
11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Agreed! I'm anxiously awaiting reviews. :)

11-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Yep - I'm confident that you will get tickets for the show. As Soda said, they may not be the best seats you'll ever have, but I'd bet good money that you'll be in that arena on the 19th! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh, Troub will get a ticket alright. Will it be the best ticket ever in the whole world? Doubtful! But she'll get a ticket. There are still tickets out there, even if you can't get them through Ticketmaster right at this minute. At worst, we'll approach a scalper outside the venue and haggle him down from the exorbitant prices currently listed; they inevitably lower prices as the show approaches and they become more desperate to unload their stock. It'll be OK. Trust me; I'm an old hand at this.

This is all the assurance I would need to believe I'd be getting in there!!! She is the guru of ticketing!!!!

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I can feel it in my bones Troub that you WILL get into the gig on Saturday night. I know there are some tickets on eBay, and you will be working with a MTA (Master of Ticket Acquisition) in Soda. Hope you have a wonderful voyage and a fantastic holiday in the USA. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh and of course girls, blow Glenn :heart: a big kiss from me!

EaglesKiwi
11-16-2011, 04:02 AM
I can feel it in my bones Troub that you WILL get into the gig on Saturday night. I know there are some tickets on eBay, and you will be working with a MTA (Master of Ticket Acquisition) in Soda. Hope you have a wonderful voyage and a fantastic holiday in the USA. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh and of course girls, blow Glenn :heart: a big kiss from me!
Blow kisses to all of our boys please! :thumbsup: And have a fantastic time together & at the concert.

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 03:40 PM
So I think Troub is too busy right now to get online so I'll give you an update.

Troub and I have tickets! Good ones, too!

Yesterday, out of nowhere, TM started dropping a few tickets - good tickets. Since I was checking obsessively, I was able to jump on it! There were only about 4 tickets dropped as far as I could see, then it went back to being "sold out" - but now we have what we need!

I am now sitting in Section 17, Row E! That's right by the stage on Tim's side, according to the seating chart!

Troub is in Section 15, Row A - the front row of the next section over!

Now we don't have to sweat it anymore. YAY!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Good job!! I'm so glad for both of you!! Have a great time!

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
That is wonderful news for both of you Soda! I know Lou is delighted you gt them. Now all you need to do is hit Vegas and ........ENJOY......:partytime::partytime::partytim e:

Henley Honey
11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Fabulous news, Soda!!! Way to stay on top of it!

The stage at the MGM was one of the smallest set ups I've ever seen. It was pretty cramped on stage (as were the seats) but when you look at the the seating chart it doesn't really reflect how close the side sections are to the stage and the floor. It's REALLY close.

I think you're gonna be thrilled with the seats and I'm thrilled for you & Troub. Have a great time!!

GlennLover
11-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm so happy for you that you both got decent seats! Have a wonderful time at the concert! As is everyone else, I'll be anxiously awaiting the reviews when you are able to post them (without rushing or sacrificing sleep).

Tori
11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I find myself really amazed at how you constantly get amazing seats, Soda... I can only hope to be as lucky as you guys in the future!

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm always paranoid about my seat until I get there. Will there be something obstructing my view? Will there be equipment or instruments in the way so that I can't clearly see the guys? What about lighting and cameras? I'm never confident until I'm sitting down and can see for myself that all will be well.

This is also the first time I haven't had a floor seat since 2008 - but close on the side is better than back of the floor.

So it's looking good! Thanks for the extra info, HH! That makes me feel better!

Prettymaid
11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Whew! I was sweating with you Soda! Now we can both relax! :hilarious:

Are you still driving or are you flying?

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Flying. If I were driving, I'd have to leave tomorrow - and I have not one, not two, but THREE meetings to go to Friday. Ah well, flying is safer.... most of the time!

Prettymaid
11-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I'm actually pretty relieved to hear you're flying. That way you can rest and enjoy your time there more.

11-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Congrats on getting the tickets Soda and Troub. You all travel safe and have a blast in Vegas. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Koala
11-17-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm so glad that Soda and Troub have Tickets now!:)

TimothyBFan
11-17-2011, 08:12 AM
I was thrilled when you told me you had gotten the one ticket for Troub, I am SUPER excited now that we know you both have tickets and all is well!!! Thank goodness. Now just enjoy!!!

Troubadour
11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Jess told me about the ticket as soon as I arrived at Will Rogers Airport! Thanks so much, Soda. Now I can relax and enjoy the trip. Shame we'll all be sitting separately, but I'm sure we'll fill a good few hours afterwards recounting every minute of that concert!

I arrived safely in Oklahoma on Tuesday evening. It was really warm in Dallas, but the past couple of days have been bitterly cold here in OKC! We're having a great time. Christi and Eric did an amazing job yesterday of putting on a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner, and it was great to see everyone again, and meet some new friends. We'll be leaving for Vegas late tonight, after Jess and Christi get off work. Really looking forward to it... Can't wait to see Nancy and to explore Vegas a little more thoroughly than we did last time. (Sadly our last Vegas trip suffered from "San Jose Hangover!") This time we are refreshed and SO ready to have some fun!

Thanks for all your good wishes and thoughts while I was travelling. I am not using my phone over here, but I can check email and FB when I am at Jess's so will try to keep you all updated as much as possible! :grouphug:

Troubadour
11-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Willie - I love your new avatar! Adorable!

Perfect Little Sister
11-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh man! This is killing me! $400 for a flight or $250 to drive 9 hours each way...but no guarantee of a ticket when I get there. I can't justify this to myself. BUT it's the anniversary of meeting Soda and seeing the Eagles. Arrgggg. lol

StephUK
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Pleased you got tickets Soda & Troub. Have a wonderful time - how can you fail to?....it's the EAGLES!!! :jealous:

Would somebody please give my love to Will? :inlove:

Looking forward to hearing about it next week.

Go girls!!!!

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh man! This is killing me! $400 for a flight or $250 to drive 9 hours each way...but no guarantee of a ticket when I get there. I can't justify this to myself. BUT it's the anniversary of meeting Soda and seeing the Eagles. Arrgggg. lol
It sucks that you can't come. It would have been so right to have you there!!!

Troubadour
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry you can't make it, Lissa... although I understand your dilemma! It's a lot of money with no guarantee of a ticket. It would have been great to see you again. :hug:

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Willie - I love your new avatar! Adorable!

Isn't it tho?!? Thank you!

So I know Lou, Jess & Christi are on the road right now---so stay safe girls.

Nancy---good luck with you flight today, hope you can concentrate on all your meetings before you take off. Enjoy!!!!

Very excited to see some great pictures from Jess' front row seat!!

Someone or all of you, throw Timothy a kiss from his crazy fangirl in Indiana please!!

Brooke
11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Have fun and be safe, ladies!

Lissa, I'm so sorry you can't go. I know you are bummed.

Henley Honey
11-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Don't fret, Lissa !! The 40th Anniversary Tour is absolutely going to happen & you can get a flight from CA to NY for $99.00 rather than $400.00 to Vegas plus you'll get the three-hour tour show, rather than the two-hour casino show. You can use the difference in airfare for an "upgrade" in concert seats. I offer free airport pick up service, use of my guest room and a guaranteed, good-time hangover for a show at MSG. Start Saving!!! Ask Soda. I think she liked it here & I'll bet she's up for another NY "experience". You may have to bunk with Dreamer too!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't fret, Lissa !! The 40th Anniversary Tour is absolutely going to happen & you can get a flight from CA to NY for $99.00 rather than $400.00 to Vegas plus you'll get the three-hour tour show, rather than the two-hour casino show. You can use the difference in airfare for an "upgrade" in concert seats. I offer free airport pick up service, use of my guest room and a guaranteed, good-time hangover for a show at MSG. Start Saving!!! Ask Soda. I think she liked it here & I'll bet she's up for another NY "experience". You may have to bunk with Dreamer too!!!

PLS, she's not kidding about the good-time hangover! Had a great time with HH and her DH in Vegas, though! Can hardly wait until the 40th anniversary tour!

sodascouts
11-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Just got to the airport - my flight leaves in about 90 min. So excited!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Woo-Hoo! So happy for you all! Make sure you give Joe a big Happy Birthday from all of us!

Brooke
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it! :wave:

sodascouts
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I offer free airport pick up service, use of my guest room and a guaranteed, good-time hangover for a show at MSG. Start Saving!!! Ask Soda. I think she liked it here & I'll bet she's up for another NY "experience". You may have to bunk with Dreamer too!!!Before I sign off, just wanted to verify what HH says is true. She and her hubby are the hosts with the most!

Koala
11-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Have Fun Everyone!!!! Can't wait to hear EVERYTHING!!!

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2011, 04:32 AM
http://www.lvrj.com/neon/eagles-flying-back-into-town-134105138.html?ref=138

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.lvrj.com/neon/eagles-flying-back-into-town-134105138.html?ref=138

I like how they give the ticket prices, like that's going to happen.

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, highly likely the day before the gig! Lol. Still I'm glad the girls all have their tickets!

LOU, JESS, AND SODA, HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL NIGHT
I would so love to be joining you all. Please blow Glenn :heart: a big kiss from me. I'll be dying to read the reviews, dying to hear what he wore and how they all sounded. Hope you all get a bit if 'Eagletact' at some stage of the show.

Tori
11-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I hope you guys have soooo much fun! Eagerly awaiting reviews, and blow the boys kisses for all of us! :)

Prettymaid
11-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Represent The Border well ladies, and have a fabulous time!

Topkat
11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Tonight's the night! To all those lucky enough to be going HAVE A BLAST!!!

11-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Hey - no problem! We've bunked together before and we can do it again if it's for a worthy cause! Too bad we couldn't be doing it tonight since this is the 6th anniversary the Sacramento show when Soda, PLS, Z, and I all met for the first time. But there will be some more opportunities to come! I'm sure you'll make a lovely hostess when the time comes, HH! :thumbsup:

Henleyfan
11-19-2011, 09:15 PM
LESS THAN 3 HOURS TO GO!!!

And after the concert I get to meet Nancy, Lou and Jess. Cannot wait!!!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Woke up to a text from Lou, via Nancy's phone' that the show was fab, and that Jess got some amazing pictures. Can't wait to see them Jess, and also looking forward to a review when you girls can. Don't spend too much I. The Casino!

Koala
11-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the update, Ga! Cant wait to hear more!

TimothyBFan
11-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Got a text before the show from Nancy with a view from her seat. Not to bad but not what she's used to. Another text after show saying what GA already said, show was great and Jess has some great pictures. I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all! Now we'll just have to be patient. Something to look forward to.

Topkat
11-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I agree that the side close up are great seats, especially with people standing up in the floor section. I'm short, so I much prefer the side up close!!! Sounds like it was great! Can't wait for the full report. Are there any videos?:thud:

Prettymaid
11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm so excited for the reviews and Jess's photos!

TimothyBFan
11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Received a couple teases last night and if they're any indication of what's to come, we are in for real treats!!!!!

Have same journey back to OK today, Lou & Jess!!!