PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley Appearing on Brad Paisley Album

AzEaglesFan
05-21-2011, 12:13 PM
In the May 30th issue of Country Weekly, Brad Paisley enlisted the Eagle's Don Henley to sing on "Love Her Like She's Leaving". "Having him sing harmony and getting to pretend that I'm one of the Eagles for a night was a thrill for me", Brad says of recording with Don in Nashville.
Brad Paisley also listed Hotel California as one of his top 10 albums.
Eagles, Hotel California. "I know, I know. It's found in the rock section. Tell that to the country band the covering it in some bar tonight" He writes.

WalshFan88
05-21-2011, 03:53 PM
In the May 30th issue of Country Weekly, Brad Paisley enlisted the Eagle's Don Henley to sing on "Love Her Like She's Leaving". "Having him sing harmony and getting to pretend that I'm one of the Eagles for a night was a thrill for me", Brad says of recording with Don in Nashville.
Brad Paisley also listed Hotel California as one of his top 10 albums.
Eagles, Hotel California. "I know, I know. It's found in the rock section. Tell that to the country band the covering it in some bar tonight" He writes.

Brad is the only country guy that I DO like and admire. I really like his guitar style and playing and tone. I have all of his albums and can't wait to pick up his new one on Monday. And the fact that he likes the Hotel California album and is on his top 10 list makes me appreciate him even that much more! :hilarious: Brad is cool.

sodascouts
05-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Cool! Thanks for posting that!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
This is late, but hope Don and Sharon had a wonderful wedding anniversary! Congratulations to them on 16 years of marriage. I wish them many more years of wedded bliss. :thumbsup:

Brad is the only country guy that I DO like and admire.

I'm not that familiar with Brad's music, but I have seen some of his music videos and I saw him perform live at the CMAs. I was impressed. But, for me, the only country star that I really love these days is Keith Urban. He is :pimp: !!!

cheryl
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
I was in Wal-Mart two days ago. They have a big promotion poster about Brad's new cd. It says to go to walmart.com/soundcheck to get info and samples of his new music; available Tuesday. Might be worth looking in to. They have other artists available here and not all are country.

WalshFan88
05-23-2011, 12:25 AM
I'll be picking up Brad's album tomorrow (Monday) and will be sure to give a report on the track with Don on it!

Brooke
05-23-2011, 01:58 PM
I like Brad's music, too. He has several very funny videos, one being this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

sodascouts
05-23-2011, 05:16 PM
LOL! I love that video!

OK, I just checked out the album on iTunes and "Love Her Like She's Leaving" is not listed as a track! What's up with that??

ETA: I just realized that "Love Her Like She's Leaving" and the duet with Carrie Underwood called "Remind Me" are not available as single track purchases. All the other tracks are - just not those two. You have to buy the album to get those. That is SO BOGUS. I don't want the whole album; I want the song with Don Henley. I was going to buy it legitimately, and now I can't unless of course I'm willing to pay $10 for one song. Geez, and they wonder why people illegally download. I'm not saying this makes it OK to illegally download, but I'm saying these kind of tricks are what make people want to do it. They know those are the tracks people will want most, so those are the ones they withhold in an attempt to force you to pay more. When will the record companies figure out that this kind of thing garners more resentment than revenue? /rant

sodascouts
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Just read Brad Paisley's Twitter and he is confused about why they are listed as "album-only." He thinks it must be a "glitch." Apparently he didn't get the memo. I've seen this done before - "album-only tracks" - and it's always the most popular tracks that are unavailable for single downloads. I'd be extremely surprised if it's a "glitch." More likely his record company just didn't keep him in the loop about their marketing strategies.

WalshFan88
05-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I went to Target today and bought Brad's album. I put the Henley track on first off and all I can say is it is GREAT! Don and Brad sound VERY good together.... Highly recommend album in general though, I'd say it's Brad's best to date!

WalshFan88
05-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Here's the YT clip of the song with Don!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E8_hNEghUA

Annabel
05-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Thanks Austin. Liking that a lot. It sounds great. :thumbsup: One question ' who is this Dan Henley ' as it claims on You Tube. :rolleyes: :hilarious: Silly person obviously isn't into the Eagles or Don. :brickwall:

WalshFan88
05-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks Austin. Liking that a lot. It sounds great. :thumbsup: One question ' who is this Dan Henley ' as it claims on You Tube. :rolleyes: :hilarious: Silly person obviously isn't into the Eagles or Don. :brickwall:

No kidding! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I have listened to Brad's album straight thru about 2 or 3 times and all I can say is that it is great... This one is very Eagles influenced, more so than any of his prior works. He also has some surf and western/swing influences in this one too. Definitely his most "mature sounding" album so far.

Kate
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I got the same thing when I tried to download the one song.... I think they know that all of us Henley (Eagles) fans will buy the album to get the song, and then theymay have a whole new fan base!!! LOL

Ive always been a dreamer
05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks Austin for posting the YouTube video. I like the song but Don's vocals are so understated that I wouldn't know it was him if I wasn't already aware of it. So I guess the bottom line for me as a hardcore Henley fan is that this one song is not enough to entice me to buy the album since I'm not a huge Brad Paisley fan.

Glennhoney
05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Austin for posting the YouTube video. I like the song but Don's vocals are so understated that I wouldn't know it was him if I wasn't already aware of it. So I guess the bottom line for me as a hardcore Henley fan is that this one song is not enough to entice me to buy the album since I'm not a huge Brad Paisley fan.
..I thought the exact same thing......why bother???????????/

Annabel
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I kept waiting for him to sing the next verse or whatever ..... solo. Still it was a 'featuring' not like some of the other tracks 'a duet'. Like the song and Brad's sound but if I buy anything it will be just that track on i-tunes. :)

Prettymaid
05-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I agree with Dreamer about Don's contribution, and sorry - way-y-y-y too country for me! :-)

TimothyBFan
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Just listened also and I agree, I kept waiting for "the Don voice" and was rather disappointed that I really couldn't hear it. KWIM? It wasn't terrible but I won't be buying it I'm afraid.

WalshFan88
05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Well - to be fair to Brad & his album, He has said he mainly just wanted Henley's signature harmony vocals on the choruses. Maybe not so much another "singer" to sing verses. He mainly just wanted a harmony vocal. Maybe Don didn't want to sing a verse, it's hard to say. I still think it's a great album though and that's coming from one of the biggest country haters on the planet! :hilarious: Brad is the exception to my "no country" rule. Mainly because of his playing.

Annabel
05-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Is it Brad that plays sometimes with Keith Urban :inlove: or am I thinking of somebody else?

WalshFan88
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Is it Brad that plays sometimes with Keith Urban :inlove: or am I thinking of somebody else?

That's him! LOL.

Freypower
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Henley sang the title line right near the end of the song.

I'm afraid it didn't do much for me. But at least Henley appears on new records, I suppose.

Annabel
05-25-2011, 03:38 AM
That's him! LOL.

Oh yeah, he's okay too ;) :thumbsup: :lol:

WalshFan88
05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh yeah, he's okay too ;) :thumbsup: :lol:

:puke::rolleyes: :hilarious:

Annabel
05-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Oh yeah, he's okay too :wink: :thumbsup: :lol:

:puke::rolleyes: :hilarious:

:hilarious:Austin, I thought you liked Brad Paisley. :laugh: That was who I meant there. ;)

WalshFan88
05-26-2011, 05:27 AM
:hilarious:Austin, I thought you liked Brad Paisley. :laugh: That was who I meant there. ;)

No, I was referring to what I thought was "affection" for Brad... Hence the barfing icon! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Annabel
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Heck no he's not that good. :hilarious: He's not bad at the guitar though. ;)