Life's been good
Dirty laundry
Funk #49
Heartache tonight
Life in the fast lane
Take it easy
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles%20live/oslo1.jpg?t=1308027606

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles%20live/oslo.jpg?t=1308027461

Found it here http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/musikk/konsert/article556573.ece and http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/06/14/kultur/musikk/musikkanmeldelser/anmeldelser/festivaler/16907411/

tequila girl
06-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Thanks again Koala!! :thumbsup:

This bit of translation from the second link made me laugh:

Drummer, guitarist and singer Don Henley has thankfully not lost any of the glow in her voice.

Koala
06-14-2011, 03:51 AM
This bit of translation from the second link made me laugh:
Drummer, guitarist and singer Don Henley has thankfully not lost any of the glow in her voice.
LOL!

cjhill
06-14-2011, 06:06 AM
haha, loving these translations:hilarious:

looking at the setlist. Was Oslo a festival to? Probably something along the lines of what we expect to see/hear at the Hop Farm gig. Pretty good IMHO

Annabel
06-14-2011, 06:13 AM
I was wondering / thinking that. Glad to see LROOE was in the setlist. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 08:49 AM
The setlist looks similar to the one from the Austin Music Festival that I attended. You guys will love it!

Thanks for finding the info and photos, Koala!

Annabel
06-14-2011, 11:00 AM
:thumbsup: That was what I based my playlist I made for my I-pod around. Must admit though looking at other show setlists it pretty much always seems to be much the same. Just some taken out for the shorter set. :shrug. Wonder if they ever get bored singing the same stuff ALL the time. :shrug:

The Take That concerts, curently underway here, have different setlists depending on where they are playing. Most songs onthe setlist will be the same but there is the occasional change apparently. Keeps things fresh for the boys. :)

Freypower
06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
:thumbsup: That was what I based my playlist I made for my I-pod around. Must admit though looking at other show setlists it pretty much always seems to be much the same. Just some taken out for the shorter set. :shrug. Wonder if they ever get bored singing the same stuff ALL the time. :shrug:

The Take That concerts, curently underway here, have different setlists depending on where they are playing. Most songs onthe setlist will be the same but there is the occasional change apparently. Keeps things fresh for the boys. :)

This is my major bugbear; the fact that the setlist either never changes or songs like NMCD are dropped when the show is outdoors (at least they did TITTL). I suppose at least the Don-Glenn ratio of songs is closer in the shorter setlist (Don 8, Glenn 6) but still there's that incredibly long period later in the set where Glenn sings nothing at all. What can you do? Nothing.

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
At least they've made some changes.... it's better than nothing.

EasyFeeling
06-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Waaaaaaah, no Best Of My Love??? Why?? I have to come and read in the next days... its been a while since I was here.

StephUK
06-15-2011, 06:04 PM
That does seem to be a shortened set list. Do we know why? Was there a support act?
Shame they didn't play 'Waiting in the Weeds'.

StephUK
06-15-2011, 06:12 PM
haha, loving these translations:hilarious:

looking at the setlist. Was Oslo a festival to? Probably something along the lines of what we expect to see/hear at the Hop Farm gig. Pretty good IMHO

Reading the review, it seems that 'Norweign Wood' is a 5 day music event( If my understanding of the translation is correct!) with the Eagles rounding off day 5, which may explain the shorter set.

Freypower
06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
At least they've made some changes.... it's better than nothing.

I'm sorry Soda, but I disagree. The setlist has been virtually unchanged since 2008. That will be four years next year. What have they changed? In longer shows they do part of Seven Bridges Road & Best Of My Love. That's all. Mostly they drop songs - usually some of the LROOE stuff & the acoustic stuff when they are playing outdoors.

Henley Honey
06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
When I last saw them in Louisville, KY, in addition to the Oslo set list they did:
I Don't Want to Hear Anymore
Guilty of the Crime
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Best of My Love
One of These Nights
Life's Been Good
All She Wants To Do Is Dance

They play a long time that night and in addition did a 4 song Encore -- not just Desperado. That's kind of changing things up.

Freypower
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
The songs you mention are all part of the normal 3 hour version of the show. The encore always includes Take It Easy, Rocky Mountain Way & Desperado. What they have done in Oslo is drop all those songs because they are playing for a shorter time.

In my opinion 'changing' would be doing different songs, not adding or subtracting them.

EasyFeeling
06-16-2011, 05:26 AM
And no Waiting In The Weeds ??? Now, that sucks big time! But when they performed during a multi-day festival there's hope I'll get to hear them in Hamburg. They always played for 3 hours so full set list I guess.

TimothyBFan
06-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Not that it probably matters BUT..... I also notice that Timothy is down to one song in these shortened setlist. I know many consider him an insignificant member when it comes to lead vocals but I think they could at least keep LWKUA since many fans do know the song rather well.

I don't remember if I read it here or in the review from Aalborg where someone stated how long LROOE and to replace it with 2 songs instead. Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!! I know many like the live version of it but I seriously would much rather hear 2 other Eagles hits rather than that one song that many don't even know unless you're a hardcore fan. JMO tho-what do I really know?

Brooke
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I really hope they don't stick with this shortened set list very long. I hope this doesn't mean they are going to fade in to the sunset doing less and less as they meander in to retirement. :-(

sodascouts
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't remember if I read it here or in the review from Aalborg where someone stated how long LROOE and to replace it with 2 songs instead. Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!!! I know many like the live version of it but I seriously would much rather hear 2 other Eagles hits rather than that one song that many don't even know unless you're a hardcore fan. JMO tho-what do I really know?

I remember thinking this at the Austin Music Festival (and also posting it in my review). LROOE is not a "festival" type song and it fell flat, IMHO, even though I thought it was amazing in the longer show setting.

As for the continuance of the shortened setlist, I guess the test for that will be the German shows - those aren't festivals, are they?

Koala
06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
As for the continuance of the shortened setlist, I guess the test for that will be the German shows - those aren't festivals, are they?
Correct, the German shows are not festivals and I really hope at a longer setlist with LROOE songs!:pray:

Annabel
06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I didn't think Aalborg was a festival. Not been able to find out either way. All eyes will be on Sundsvall. :eyebrow:

Freypower
06-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Not that it probably matters BUT..... I also notice that Timothy is down to one song in these shortened setlist. I know many consider him an insignificant member when it comes to lead vocals but I think they could at least keep LWKUA since many fans do know the song rather well.

I will continue to defend the inclusion of LROOE forever, even at the expense of Glenn singing more songs. In my opinion the song is a masterpiece & should be treated as such. They have been cavalier enough with the way they treated GOTC & BBF. They should at least leave LROOE alone.

EaglesKiwi
06-18-2011, 05:36 AM
I will continue to defend the inclusion of LROOE forever, even at the expense of Glenn singing more songs. In my opinion the song is a masterpiece & should be treated as such. They have been cavalier enough with the way they treated GOTC & BBF. They should at least leave LROOE alone.
I agree that LROOE is a masterpiece. I first heard it live in concert with my husband (who's not a big Eagles fan:fear:) and we both LOVED it straight away.

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I keep remembering that interview Glenn did with Natalie Mains - wow, that was last summer - and he said that they wanted - needed to do shorter shows. We'll see in Germany...