PDA

View Full Version : Clarence Clemons hospitalized after stroke - UPDATE: R.I.P.

eaglesvet
06-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Backstreets is reporting that Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band was hospitalized yesterday in Florida after suffering a massive stroke. He is reportedly in serious condition after two surgeries on his brain, but has responded by squeezing a visitor's hand. Please send your thoughts and prayers his way!!:pray:

tequila girl
06-14-2011, 03:32 AM
I read about that yesterday - so sad..........Wishing you a full recovery Clarence x

Troubadour
06-14-2011, 08:29 AM
I also read about this on Facebook. How sad. I'll keep Clarence in my thoughts and prayers.

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Awful! He's in my prayers as well.

TimothyBFan
06-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Heard this this morning and just posted this current link regarding surgery he had in the Bruce thread before I saw this one.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/jun...g_Stroke.shtml

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Wow - glad to hear he's doing so well, considering!

eaglesvet
06-18-2011, 03:50 AM
The most recent update I read is that he is making slow strides forward, but obviously has a long road ahead of him. Still on many machines, but the goal is to take him off each as he recovers more of his faculties. Well-wishes can be sent to notestoclarence@clarenceclemons.com.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Well I too send him all the best. Even if it takes a while it'll be worth it to recover fully.

Henley Honey
06-18-2011, 09:41 PM
So sorry to hear of his passing. He had a procedure done in a NY Hosptial a few years ago and became friends with an operating room tech friend of mine. He was really just a "regular guy" and would have dinner with her whenever he was in town -- he just loved a home-cooked, down-home meal. He could not have been nicer to her and her family. A real gentleman.
Love and condolences to his family.

sodascouts
06-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh my gosh... it seemed like he was responding so well and then WHAM...he's gone. So sad. My condolences to his family as well.

eaglesvet
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I had just read of his passing on yahoo, and couldn't believe it myself. Haven't even checked the Backstreets website yet...doubt there is any more information. The E Street Band will never be the same. What a loss. Also sending my condolences to his family and bandmates.

EagleLady
06-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Awwww. RIP :-(

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Bruce's statement, from his official site (http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html):

"It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band. "

tequila girl
06-19-2011, 04:40 AM
RIP Clarence x

Koala
06-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Very Sad! RIP!

Annabel
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I saw this when I was browsing the Sundsvall reports. Very sad. RIP Clemence.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Wow, that is a very touching statement by Bruce. He was, indeed, a great talent and his passing is very sad. My heart goes out to all of his family, friends, and bandmates. I'm sure they can rejoice in the wonderful, full life that he had during his time here.

R.I.P. Clarence.

sodascouts
06-19-2011, 10:28 PM
With Jackson Browne - the lyrics seem very appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdKsNBWOFo

Prettymaid
06-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Bruce's statement, from his official site (http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html):and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music.

What a wonderful thing to say. RIP Clarence.

Thanks for the You're a Friend of Mine video Soda.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2011, 09:41 AM
WOW---I hadn't heard that he had passed. I'm very saddened. He was quite a fixture in the E Street Band and can't imagine them without him. RIP

Soda--I had forgotten about that video. Thanks for posting it.

Troubadour
06-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I, too, was saddened to hear this. Rest in peace, Clarence. You will be missed.

sodascouts
06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Here's the text of Bruce's eulogy at the funeral: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteens-eulogy-for-clarence-clemons-20110629

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I read the eulogy a couple of days ago. It's beautiful. So raw, honest and emotional. Thanks for linking to it here.

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
That was a wonderful read. I also read Jackson Browne's eulogy.