PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jeni

Molly
03-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Comedian Richard Jeni died yesterday of an apparent self inflicted gun shot wound. He was 45. He did a lot of appearances on the Tonight Show as well as a couple of Showtime and HBO Specials that were very good. He appeared in many TV shows and movies including "The Mask" with Jim Carey. He was a very funny and clean comic and my boys and I enjoyed watching his comedy specials on TV.

Some of us here will remember Richard for the interview he did with Glenn on his (The Richard Jeni Show) during the second leg of the HFO tour. It was a fun a spirited interview and I got the impression that he and Glenn at least knew each other away from the show, possibly they were even friends.

My condolences to his family and friends. This is, I'm sure, an extremely difficult time for them.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for posting this, Molly. I had not heard about this. What a shame. I love his interview with Glenn, and it did appear that they were friends. How very sad!

sodascouts
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh, what a shame. I remember that interview. I just re-watched it and Jeni does indeed refer to Glenn has his friend and calls the interview a "reunion" between them because they hadn't seen each other for a few months.

R.I.P.

EasyFeeling
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that even if I don't know him.

The lead singer of the band Boston also died a few days ago. I've listened to their music as I was a teenager and really love their songs.

:( :(

Z
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Molly, I had totally forgotten about that interview. This is such sad news. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

timfan
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
oh that is just too sad :cry:

I truly feel for all of Mr. Jeni's friends and family. :(

Freypower
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
That is incredibly sad. I don't know what to say.

sodascouts
03-12-2007, 11:05 PM
I decided to go ahead and upload the interview:

Richard Jeni Interview with Glenn (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/multimediafunstuffvideo.htm#jeni)

glenneaglesfan
03-13-2007, 03:53 AM
That is desperately sad, and my condolences go to his family. Sad news about the lead singer of Boston, as well.

Thanks for posting up the interview, Nancy.