PDA

View Full Version : The Best Concerts of the Eagles

Marco
03-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Well, I Love The Concerts so I collect eagles shows. So with the Long Beach Show, I made a "new show", because I have remove the breaks between the tracks and I change the order of the tracks.

What You Think Of that??

P.S.
I'm searching some concert,
Have You Got these???

1) Hell Freezes Over Masters
2) The Boys From Yesterday
3) The Millenium Concert (Los Angeles, 12/31/1999) Full Show!

Marco
03-13-2007, 09:51 AM
And This Is The Tracklist Of Long Beach (July 31,1980)

Disc 1
1) Hotel California
2) After The Thrill Is Gone
3) Those Shoes
4) Seven Bridges Road
5) Heartache Tonight
6) Life In The Fast Lane
7) Rocky Mountain Way
8) Sea Cruise
9) Life's Been Good
10) The Sad Café
11) In The City
12) New Kid In Town
13) Lyin' Eyes
14) Wasted Time (Reprise)
Disc 2
1) Already Gone
2) Take It Easy
3) Saturday Night
4) The Long Run
5) I Can't Tell You Why
6) Take It To The Limit
7) Turn To Stone
8) Desperado
9) Keep On Tryin'
10) King Of Hollywood
11) Pretty Maids All In A Row

New Kid In Town and Take It To The Limit are from "Eagles Live"
Turn To Stone Is From "Houston 1976"

glenneaglesfan
03-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Welcome to the Border, Marco. I don't have many of the concerts but that sounds like a great setlist.

sodascouts
03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome, Marco. :)

timfan
03-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Border Marco :)

Freypower
03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome from me Marco.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Welcome Marco. Hope you enjoy it here on The Border.

Marco
03-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank You
and a
Thank You to Nancy from Glenn Frey Online because she sent me the Long Beach show, and the other shows!

EasyFeeling
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Welcome to The Border, Marco. :)

Marco
03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
My Favorite song is Pretty Maids All In A Row. Well, the eagles perform the album version on the last shows in 1980:
in Santa Monica and Long Beach.
Then They perform this song on the MTV HFO, and for the HFO tour and the millenium concert, but then They never perform that!
I think They perform this song only with Don Felder.
Without Felder the concerts of the eagles are with a bad choice of songs and without good songs!!.

glenneaglesfan
03-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Well, the set list has certainly changed over the years, but I think that is a good thing. The Farewell 1 set list includes some new songs as well as old favourite classics. HFO was a more experimental set list - look at the acoustic version of Hotel California for instance, and the use of the orchestra on New York Minute. That for me is one of the great attractions of the Eagles, that they can reproduce the sounds of their biggest hits live, but are also prepared to include less well known tracks, particularly ones from their solo albums. I expect they have also had to tailor the selection of songs as their voices have changed. I wish I could hear them do Seven Bridges Road live once more, though!

Freypower
03-18-2007, 07:15 PM
My Favorite song is Pretty Maids All In A Row. Well, the eagles perform the album version on the last shows in 1980:
in Santa Monica and Long Beach.
Then They perform this song on the MTV HFO, and for the HFO tour and the millenium concert, but then They never perform that!
I think They perform this song only with Don Felder.
Without Felder the concerts of the eagles are with a bad choice of songs and without good songs!!.

This is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But to say that all their songs are 'bad' without Felder is with respect, something of an exaggeration. A lot of the songs are the same, for instance New Kid In Town, Life In The Fast Lane, Desperado, etc. Therefore I can't see how the setlist can suddeny be 'without good songs' when many of them have not changed.

timfan
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
I wish I could hear them do Seven Bridges Road live once more, though!

I totally agree GEF :D. I would love to hear them sing SBR live in concert just once!! 8) Watching them on stage, starting off acapella must be soo powerful!!

Marco
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, Freypower I think, A lot of acoustics songs are performed only on HFO MTV & HFO tour, for example peaceful easy feeling (MTV version),
tequila sunrise (with mandolin), help me through the night, heart of the matter. Love Will Keep Us Alive is Felder song. Other Song of HFO are New York Minute, You Belong To The City (with the sax intro and the solo of Felder), Get Over It, The Girl From Yesterday, Already Gone (Orginal Full Version), Please Come Home For Christmas, Best Of My Love.
The New guitar player is really "bad". I prefer Felder.

glenneaglesfan
03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Even as a relative newcomer to the Eagles, I have been very impressed by Steuart Smith's guitar playing, both on the F1 dvd and live (three times). Even if you prefer Felder, I think it would be better to say that in your opinion, you prefer Felder's playing, rather than saying that Steuart Smith is bad.

I don't think Please Come Home For Christmas features on the Hell Freezes Over album.

Freypower
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Well, Freypower I think, A lot of acoustics songs are performed only on HFO MTV & HFO tour, for example peaceful easy feeling (MTV version),
tequila sunrise (with mandolin), help me through the night, heart of the matter. Love Will Keep Us Alive is Felder song. Other Song of HFO are New York Minute, You Belong To The City (with the sax intro and the solo of Felder), Get Over It, The Girl From Yesterday, Already Gone (Orginal Full Version), Please Come Home For Christmas, Best Of My Love.
The New guitar player is really "bad". I prefer Felder.

The predominance of acoustic songs in HFO (the original show) was because it was meant to be an 'unplugged' show. They could not do that type of format in a regular concert, and they never did that much acoustic stuff again.

They still do You Belong To The City. Walsh does the solo. They still do Already Gone. What you mean by 'full version' I don't know. They only played PCHFC at the Milliennium shows.

I am well aware that they dropped GOI and TGFY, both of which I miss. But as for LWKUA... I can almost listen to it now that Smith plays the solo. He has really added something to it.

In some ways I preferred the HFO setlist because Don played drums more. If it were up to me, Sunset Grill & ASWTDID would go and GOI & TGFY would be back.

As GEF said, Steuart Smith is a very impressive guitarist and it is far too simplistic to say he is 'bad'.

03-21-2007, 07:42 PM
I totally agree with FP and GEF. Marcox, I think everyone agrees that you are entitled to your opinion. It is perfectly reasonable for you to prefer Felder's playing style over Smith's or vice versa. They are different, and whose style is perferred is simply a matter of opinion. However, to say Steuart Smith is a bad guitar player is not opinion. It is a fact that he is a talented and skilled guitar player. Quite honestly, I prefer Felder, but I think Steuart does a wonderful job as well. The Eagles would not hire a "bad" guitar player to fill Felder's place.

As a side note, FP I agree that Sunset Grill could go from the setlist, but not ASWTDID. I hope that will stay, but I wouldn't be surprized if they cut it to make room for tracks off of the new album.

Karen Carpenter
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, definitely "Hell Freezes Over"!! That has my favorite version of "Hotel California" on there.. so acoustic!

I also like the Holland '73 concert, too. I think that's what it is. You know, the Carpenters had a Holland concert the year after!

Freypower
03-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Just remember that although HFO was a great show,as it was released it is not a 'concert'. It's a studio performance. If the other songs performed had been included it may have been a bit truer to the band.

Karen Carpenter
03-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Just remember that although HFO was a great show,as it was released it is not a 'concert'. It's a studio performance. If the other songs performed had been included it may have been a bit truer to the band.
:shock:

So, are you saying the "Hell Freezes Over" CD was recorded in a studio; not live? :shock: :shock: :shock:

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
It was live in the studio, lol. It was done for TV, so they could start over if they messed up. It was also done over two nights, so they could grab the best takes from whichever night.

Karen Carpenter
04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
It was live in the studio, lol. It was done for TV, so they could start over if they messed up. It was also done over two nights, so they could grab the best takes from whichever night.
Ah... I see. So... their tour "Hell Freezes Over" was all live, but they had some concerts that were televised, and those selections went to the DVD.

:idea:

Freypower
04-01-2007, 08:20 PM
The original DVD was from a studio performance and has nothing to do with the subsequent tour. As I said, it isn't a 'concert' in that sense.

Marco
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I think is that the tracklist of the show. (I'm Waiting the cds from Nancy of Glenn Frey Online)

This is the tracklist of the show (but I can't say that because I haven't the cds with the original show).

Disc 1
1) Intro/Interviews
2) Heartache Tonight
3) Life In The Fast Lane
4) One Of These Nights
5) Get Over It
6) In The City
7) Best Of My Love
8) Take It Easy
9) The Girl From Yesterday
10) New York Minute
11) Wasted Time
12) Desperado

Disc 2
1) Peaceful Easy Feeling
2) Tequila Sunrise
3) Help Me Through The Night
4) Heart Of The Matter
5) Love Will Keep Us Alive
6) The Last Resort
7) I Can't Tell You Why
8) Lover's Moon
9) Learn To Be Still
10) Hotel California
11) Pretty Maids All In A Row
12) End

Freypower
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Except reverse that. Disc 2 is actually Disc 1.

Karen Carpenter
04-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Hmm... interesting!

I have the HFO CD in front of me, and they edited to be...
1. Tequila Sunrise
2. Hotel California
3. Wasted Time
4. Pretty Maids All in a Row
5. I Can't Tell You Why
6. New York Minute
7. The Last Resort
8. Take it Easy
9. In the City
10. Life in the Fast Lane
11. Desperado

That's excluding the first four studio songs ("Get Over It", "Love Will Keep Us Alive", "The Girl From Yesterday" and "Learn to Be Still").

Marco
05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Someone have the tracklist of the show at the hall of fame
I Think it was 1998.

Where Can I Find Them???

Marco
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I Haven't the CDs, and I'm waiting These from Nancy Of GFO. So
When I receive these I let You know.

The Show are:
Hell Freezes Over MTV (Masters)
Hell Freezes Over Tour (The Boys From Yesterday)
The Millenium Concert

I try to put on YouTube the "remake" of the Long Beach Show but i think I can put only video files and not audio!

05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Marcox - I believe the only two songs that the Eagles performed at their Rock 'n Roll HOF induction ceremony were TIE and HC. There are copies of the entire televised show available. :)

Marco
06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Interesting News,
I received the Full HFO show, and I Re-make that.
If someone want that I can trade with him of her.
Here's The Tracklist
Disc 1
1) Interview (From The DVD HFO)
2) Heartache Tonight
3) Life In The Fast Lane
4) One Of These Nights
5) Get Over It
6) Take It Easy
7) In The City
8) The Best Of My Love
9) The Girl From Yesterday
10) New York Minute
Disc 2
1) Wasted Time
2) Peaceful Easy Feeling
3) Tequila Sunrise
4) Help Me Through The Night
5) Heart Of The Matter
6) Love Will Keep Us Alive
7) Desperado
8) The Last Resort
9) I Can't Tell You Why
10) Lover's Moon
11) Learn To Be Still
12) Hotel California
Disc 3
1) Pretty Maids All In A Row
2) End (Credits from the DVD)
And than there some are Bonus Song

Mrs Frey
06-08-2007, 07:00 AM
May I offer my humble opinion on the Don Felder/Steuart Smith debate that I have picked up on on these pages :?. Of course, in the three years or thereabouts that I have been listening to the Eagles' wonderful music, I always thought all their guitar solos were wonderful, before I even knew who the guitarists were :blush:. In the last three months since I have become an Eagles fanatic, I obtained "Farewell 1", and thereby also discovered that Don Felder had been fired from the band (us South Africans are always the last to hear the important celebrity news - the media are too busy printing news about Paris Hilton :roll:).

Although it's a pity that Don Felder is no longer with the Eagles, since he was part of the Eagles, rather than just a band member as Steuart now is, and also an original, I do think Steuart is an excellent musician. I certainly do not agree that the Eagles' music has suffered since Don left the band.

To be fair to Don, however, Steuart very seldom (to my ears, anyway) deviates from the original solos played on Eagles records. He plays Don's solos note for note, as it should be. Certainly, Glenn :heart: and Don Henley are such perfectionists; they would not pick anyone less than excellent to join their band. Glenn :heart: has always been on a mission, since the earliest days, to have a strong band, with no weak links. Believe me, I've been in a similar position in bands, where there were weak links, and a band can never excel, as the Eagles clearly have (even without Don Felder), with weak links.

One of my friends, and my guitarist bandmate, went to see the Eagles in Switzerland towards the end of last year, and he thought Steuart (without knowing who he was - he was unaware of Don Felder's departure) was great, although he missed seeing Don. It was the first time he'd seen the Eagles live in concert, having been a long time fan. My friend plays a mean "Hotel California" solo :D .

Marco, you seem to be an Eagles music buff. I'm trying to obtain all of their studio albums, and I'm getting there, believe me! Welcome to the Board - I see you're already enjoying yourself! :D

Freypower
06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Although it's a pity that Don Felder is no longer with the Eagles, since he was part of the Eagles, rather than just a band member as Steuart now is, and also an original, I do think Steuart is an excellent musician. I certainly do not agree that the Eagles' music has suffered since Don left the band.

I presume by 'original' you mean 'talented'. Don Felder was not an original member of the Eagles in the sense of being there from the beginning.

Regarding the music having suffered since Felder was fired, it hasn't suffered in live performance. But frankly, there is not enough recorded music to make a definitive statement, unfortunately. We have had the grand total of five songs, one of which has already been unceremoniously dumped (One Day At A Time).

06-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Mrs. F - If you are interested in getting all of the studio albums, you may want to consider buying the box set. It contains all six studio albums, plus the Live album, and a single CD with Please Come Home for Christmas and Funky New Year. The CDs are all packaged exactly like the original records. You can usually find some good buys on the Internet. I got a really good price on mine through Amazon.

Regarding the music having suffered since Felder was fired, it hasn't suffered in live performance. But frankly, there is not enough recorded music to make a definitive statement, unfortunately. We have had the grand total of five songs, one of which has already been unceremoniously dumped (One Day At A Time).

As I said before, I don't think the music in the live performances has suffered with Steuart, however, I do miss Felder's stage presence and interactions with Joe.

FP, as far as dumping ODAAT, it may be that it will be on the new album, and they will resume playing it live when they tour for the album.

Glennsallnighter
06-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Mrs. F - If you are interested in getting all of the studio albums, you may want to consider buying the box set. It contains all six studio albums, plus the Live album, and a single CD with Please Come Home for Christmas and Funky New Year. The CDs are all packaged exactly like the original records. You can usually find some good buys on the Internet. I got a really good price on mine through Amazon.

As I said before, I don't think the music in the live performances has suffered with Steuart, however, I do miss Felder's stage presence and interactions with Joe.

FP, as far as dumping ODAAT, it may be that it will be on the new album, and they will resume playing it live when they tour for the album.

I'm looking out for the box set as well. Thanks for the advice Dreamer. I have a lot of the Eagles albums already either on CD or downloaded from legalsounds.com, but I do think a box set is a nice way to preserve music. Downloading is great for using the ipod but its not the same as having a 'real' album if you understand what I mean.

FP, I'd love to see ODAAT on the new album. Joe did it really well in Dublin (this weekend) last year in Dublin, and its one of my favourites.

MF I agree The Eagles music hasn't suffered with Steuart joining the band after Don was fired. It'll be interesting to see how he plays on the new album (when it finally arrives) and hopefully the next round of concerts (Dare we hope they include South Africa?). And I too am sick of the publicity being given to Paris Hilton at the moment. :D

glenneaglesfan
06-09-2007, 11:17 AM
There are two boxed sets - the first came out just after the millenium concert and is a selection; the other is a reproduction of all their albums in a cd format and includes Please Come Home For Christmas and Funky New Year.

I bought the first boxed set off ebay, but it never arrived and the seller had to give me a refund. It's worth getting hold of for the Millenium concert alone. Those Shoes and Old 55 live are worth the money.

Mrs Frey
06-12-2007, 07:12 AM

I presume by 'original' you mean 'talented'. Don Felder was not an original member of the Eagles in the sense of being there from the beginning.

I was referring to Don Felder's originality as a guitarist, having devised so many of those wonderful guitar solos on Eagles songs, most notably "Hotel California", that we've come to know and love.

Dreamer, thanks for letting me know about the Eagles boxed sets. I have already begun buying their albums individually, as fortunately, they have recently become available. I can imagine that it would be quite expensive (for me, anyway) to buy all of them at once :( , but I've never seen those boxed sets of the Eagles locally. It sounds fantastic, though.

glenneaglesfan
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
FP, I'd love to see ODAAT on the new album. Joe did it really well in Dublin (this weekend) last year in Dublin, and its one of my favourites.
I missed this before. Joe didn't play it on the Saturday night, and I hadn't heard of it on any of the other European setlists, so you had a special treat! I'd love them to include it - it's a good upbeat and inspirational song about a serious subject.

Freypower
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I must say it surprises me greatly that ODAAT was done at one show when as far as I knew it was dropped altogether in early 2005. Perhaps it was also played occasionally at other shows, but the Eagles' setlist is so rigidly programmed that it doesn't seem very likely.

I think it would be a big mistake for them to include ODAAT & NMCD. This is supposed to be an album of new material.

sodascouts
06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Odds are good that at least NMCD will be on there, I think. They seem to have really banked on that one in that past.

glenneaglesfan
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
I think NMCD will be on it. Although most dedicated fans will have heard it during the F1 tour, I'm not sure how much of the general public will be aware of it. The cd single has had no publicity over here at all. I think it would be an omission to leave it out - it deserves to be on a studio album.

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I think NMCD will be on it. Although most dedicated fans will have heard it during the F1 tour, I'm not sure how much of the general public will be aware of it. The cd single has had no publicity over here at all. I think it would be an omission to leave it out - it deserves to be on a studio album.

I would agree with that. It is a beautiful song and would do justice to any new album. If it was not put in it would be in danger of being forgotten about (not obviously by dedicated fans) . Its too good for that and in my humble opinion, Glenn :heart: sings it so soulfully and beautifully. But then, you all know I'm biased anyway :D

SweetHolly
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I totally :heart: NMCD and the way Glenn sings it, it's so beautiful.

Mrs Frey
06-15-2007, 06:27 AM
I think it would be a big mistake for them to include ODAAT & NMCD. This is supposed to be an album of new material.

If I were to buy all their studio albums to date (and I'm getting there! :yay:), I wouldn't be able to obtain those two wonderful songs. I have them on the F1 DVD, of course, but then I would have to watch the DVD every time just to enjoy those particular songs. It would be great if the boys included them on their new album. :D

Yes, GA and SH, I also love NMCD. I'd like to learn to sing and play it, but they need to put it on an album first before I can do that! :wink:

I admit that it's a bit frustrating that "The Heart Of The Matter" was not included on their HFO CD. That is one of my favourite performances from the HFO DVD, and I'd like to learn to sing and play the song, but once again, I need it on a CD! I'm aware that it's a Don Henley solo effort, and available on his "End Of The Innocence" album (which I will have to order as it's not freely available - I've ordered three of Glenn's :heart: solo albums, by the way :D, but the ordering process takes so long - I've only received two thus far :evil: ), but I prefer the Eagles version (a friend of mine downloaded an MP3 version of Don's solo effort recently), and would love to have it on a CD.

Maleah
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I've got the Eagles version of HOTM Mrs. F..........if you PM me your email, I can try to send it to you.

Freypower
06-15-2007, 07:42 PM
I am totally with the argument that ODAAT & NMCD should be on the album so that we can 'own' them. At the moment I only have ODAAT on the DVD - I have no 'audio only' version. I absolutely adore NMCD. But unfortunately both songs are now three years old, and I really want to hear something new.

Mrs Frey
06-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I've got the Eagles version of HOTM Mrs. F..........if you PM me your email, I can try to send it to you.

You're very kind Maleah, thank you. My friend managed to download an MP3 of the Eagles version of HOTM soon after I posted my message, though. :D

Maleah
06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Cool! I'm glad you got ahold of it, it's awesome! 8)

Marco
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, It's time for give some information about my last "Remake". I told You about the Full Version on 3CD of HFO. And I'm making a partial version. I can send on E-mail on MP3. Or I can send the full album. The Audio is not the audio of HFO CD or HFO DVD but is the audio of the HFO first night and HFO second night, so the audio is better. I don't finish to re-make this show so I can send for now only the first song. At soon, all the songs! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Tracklist
1) Peaceful Easy Feeling
2) Love Will Keep Us Alive
3) The Girl From Yesterday
4) Learn To Be Still
5) Tequila Sunrise
6) Hotel California
7) Wasted Time
8) Pretty Maids All In A Row
9) I Can't Tell You Why
10) New York Minute
11) The Last Resort
12) Lover's Moon
13) In The City
14) Heart Of The Matter
15) Desperado

why when I write eight I write that 8) ?????

Randy's Girl
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I've just been watching the Christchurch (1995) concert (which I've not watched before), and Don Henley is sitting at his drumkit singing Desperado with a towel on his head :shock: :D

Brooke
06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Haha, RG, that is a great boot! And kinda wet! But you will love it! :D

DonFan
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I didn't know where to post this, but this seems as good a place as any.

It is wet & cold & sleeting outside so I came home early today and decided to warm up by watching the video of the Eagles in Mountain View, Cal. (It worked. 8) I definitely warmed up!) Anyway, I was reminded of how much their set list has changed over the years. I loved watching Glenn sing Smuggler's Blues, Glenn & Joe cutting up on Ordinary Average Guy, and watching Don sing Get Over It.

I know their set list is about to change again with the addition of songs from the new album, and I welcome that. However, it really is great to go back and watch these boots of prior years with so many solo performances, too.

glenneaglesfan
01-18-2008, 11:35 AM
What a great way to keep out the cold, DF!

It is interesting how they varied the setlist during the HFO tour, and it's great watching them playing the rarer solo songs.

01-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I totally agree. I love watching my Eagles bootlegs. I really don't watch that much tv, but I remember one weekend night a couple of years ago, we were having terribly sucky weather. So I lit a fire in the fireplace and watched bootlegs for hours. I started with the 70's ones and watched some from each era. It was better than any movie I could have watched. :nod: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I need to get more bootlegs! They all sound fantastic!

Freypower
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
My own favourite bootlegs are Christchurch, Peoria and East Rutherford. Perhaps I should post a couple of screen shots...

Perfect Little Sister
01-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh yes, FP, please do!
:pray: Please, please, please, please, please.

thelongrun
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
The series from Eagles Live 2Album comes to mind (Santa Monica 1980 and so). Also, PEFeeling outtake from HFO ia a masterpiece 8)