PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

Annabel
07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Hubby just heard on the radio news that Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her north London flat. Confirmation of her death has still to come from the police but the TV news has coverage and the police are in full attendance at her house.

EagleLady
07-23-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html

Annabel
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Her death has ust been confirmed on a couple of TV channels.

Whilst not one of my favourite artists, she had an incredible voice and her talent will be missed. I think Jools Holland had commented before about her being too good a talent to lose.

RIP Amy.

Koala
07-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I just have heard about this on the news!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Very sad. Another talented musician lost. Of course, the cause of death has not been released, but she was, obviously, battling many internal demons. May she find peace at last.

Troubadour
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
So terribly sad. 27 is far too young. She was exceptionally talented.

It makes me think of James Taylor and Joe Walsh and others who have, somehow, managed to survive serious drug/alcohol addiction. They were the few lucky ones and they know it. Addiction is a tragic thing that claims far too many victims, particularly in the rock world.

luvthelighthouse
07-23-2011, 03:15 PM
I wish her family, friends and fans peace during this hard time. It's sad that I don't think it's a shock to many people at all. The first thing I thought of was the others that have passed at 27. Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Cobain, Gram Parsons... Drugs and alcohol... :-(

sodascouts
07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Awful, awful. I was afraid of this when I heard about her performance last month (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151003&postcount=9). At the time, I said "It reminds me of the last scene from the movie The Rose starring Bette Midler. I just hope she doesn't wind up like that movie's title character." Now, of course, this happens. I was pulling for her to climb out of that black hole... she was so talented. Very sad.

TimothyBFan
07-25-2011, 08:53 AM
The newest member of the infamous "27 Club". So sad--she really had so much talent and was far to young. Such a shame when they just can't conquer their demons.

Brooke
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
The first thing I thought of was the others that have passed at 27. Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Cobain, Gram Parsons... Drugs and alcohol... :-(

Wow, that's very creepy.

RIP Amy. What a sad thing.

GlennLover
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I read today that her family thinks that she might have died from alchohol withdrawal. So sad. RIP Amy.

sodascouts
07-28-2011, 12:42 PM
You can die from withdrawl??

Henley Honey
07-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Yea, you can and how ironic would that be in this case. She'd have to have had some additional medical problems that withdrawal complicated -- heart, liver, blood pressure issues -- but unless you are monitered and medicated accordingly, you can absolutely die from withdrawal. Sad. Very sad -- especially if she was finally trying to conquer her demons and died as a result.