PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy in Norway

Ive always been a dreamer
07-24-2011, 01:24 PM
By now, I'm sure most everyone has heard about the nightmare shooting and bomb attacks in Norway. The death toll currently stands at 93, but could grow higher. Let's keep all of the victims and their families in our thoughts. As always with these massacres, they are senseless acts committed by deranged people. Hopefully, they are right that this demented maniac acted alone, and that there are no other responsible parties out there running free ...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.society.change/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

Troubadour
07-24-2011, 01:41 PM
It's just horrific. My thoughts and prayers are with the Norwegians as they grieve for their brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. It is so sad. Unfortunately, there are many extremists out there who want to hurt political regimes, and they will kill and maim to do it. We just have to pray that no other attacks of this kind are successful in ANY country. Too much suffering. Too many innocent lives lost every day.

sodascouts
07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
What a tragedy. So awful!

Henley Honey
07-24-2011, 05:37 PM
So sad. Just an awful, horrible act of terror. I can't even imagine the scope of fear they endured.

Freypower
07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
It's an awful thing to happen in such a beautiful & civilised country such as Norway. There are no words.

Koala
07-25-2011, 01:29 AM
It is a tragedy, awful! My thoughts and prayers are with all people there!

TimothyBFan
07-25-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm still having a hard time getting my mind around how one individual can do so much damage to so many!! So very sad!

Koala
07-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Norway's Black Friday A Chronology of the Twin Attacks

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,776437,00.html

sodascouts
07-25-2011, 01:32 PM
So the bombing killed seven, and the rest were all teens massacred at the camp? Unimaginable!

I guess he was able to kill so many because there was nowhere to run, other than swimming off the island, and very few places to hide since he was moving systematically from tent to tent as well as shooting anyone trying to run away. Plus, the teens were too frightened and panicked to organize against him - and who could blame them? Even adult men strong enough to rush him as a group might have difficulty doing it, knowing that they might get mowed down in the attempt. Awful, awful, awful.

Brooke
07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
What kind of person does this to innocent people? Do they have no compassion for others at all. I just don't get it. :-x

Troubadour
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
The suspect has now stated that he had accomplices. Police are investigating his claims that "two more cells" existed in his organisation. This could be a delay tactic, given that he initially said he was working alone, but sadly I would not be at all surprised if there are other parties. We'd all like to believe that these kind of attacks are the work of "one madman", but often, that's not the case.

I watched news coverage from Oslo earlier, and the sight of the hundreds of flowers laying on the ground was incredibly moving. The sheer scale of this is hard to comprehend.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
This really is mind-boggling. But, I would not at all surprised if there were accomplices. I suspected it all along as I indicated in my initial post. Obviously, I sure hope they can apprehend them soon.

Freypower
07-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I was moved by the sight of the King & Queen openly shedding tears.

Koala
07-26-2011, 01:37 AM
I still can not understand it! I'll probably never! What a senseless and very cowardly act of terror. Why Children / Teens? They can at least defend themselves!Probably that's why the suspect has chosen them!

Suspect in Norway attacks is denied public platform in court

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-norway-suspect-20110726,0,62256.story