PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley-Greek Theater-Sept. 17,2011

carol7lynn
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Finally! I had a sneaky suspicion that he'd book L.A. Not a big fan of the Greek Theater but it sure is better than dragging down a dark two lane blacktop with 90 degree switchbacks through the middle of nowhere-Harrah's Rincon for $240-Ouch! Glad I waited.

Tickets aren't on sale yet but I figure they'll go on sale next week. Right now you can order tickets through the Premier Marquee Club until August 12th. I assume they'll go on sale that date or shortly thereafter to the general public.

BTW Lucinda is on the bill too.

Carol-Lynn

Ive always been a dreamer
08-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Awesome - Hope you can make at least one of Don's show, Carol-Lynn. I would love to be able to see one, but there's no way with the upcoming trip to Niagara Falls. Plus, I'm planning on going to Colorado to visit my niece around the end of September. Too bad Don didn't book Aspen again because I would definitely try to get to that. :-(

Henley Honey
08-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I'd love to go too, but I already booked the Vegas show and Fallsview. I'd have to find a good divorce attorney if I booked this was one as well ! :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Wish I could go. Thanks for the heads up!

carol7lynn
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll let you know how I make out.:nahnah:

Not too worried about getting tickets for this venue because the nice thing about The Greek-as long as you have a Pit seat, especially on the inside aisle, you will have stage access between the Pit sections which can fit quite a few fans. Also, they don't have a barrier at the chest-high stage either and the ushers are very cool. The Greek also does ticket drops for the Pit right before the show-even the day of-which happened to me when James Taylor played there a couple of years ago.

My biggest concern right now is getting a front row seat for Lindsey Buckingham's show at the McCallum Theatre in Palm Desert when they go on sale this Monday :computer:-Wish me luck!

Everyone have a super time in Canada!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

I

sodascouts
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Good luck, CL! I'm seeing Lindsey in Chicago and it's GA. I'll be in line all day waiting.

I hope you can get a good ticket when they go on sale. Ticketmaster seems to have changed how they do things a bit with dropping tickets. I found my tickets for the Stevie shows I'm going to on the first day of sale, and they were all in the first 5 rows. I've never had that happen before this summer.

carol7lynn
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Good luck, CL! I'm seeing Lindsey in Chicago and it's GA. I'll be in line all day waiting.

I hope you can get a good ticket when they go on sale. Ticketmaster seems to have changed how they do things a bit with dropping tickets. I found my tickets for the Stevie shows I'm going to on the first day of sale, and they were all in the first 5 rows. I've never had that happen before this summer.

I know what you mean about TM. I got front row center for Lindsey's UCLA Royce Hall concert, as you know, and last time he played there the best I could do was off-side second row which I got through AMEX.

I hope to get front row tomorrow for the Palm Desert show too since it's through Tickets.com and Palm Desert is a two and a half hour drive from L.A. and so there won't be as much competition from scalpers.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Greek finally released more info on tickets.
PreSales:
AMEX: Thursday, August 11th-AMEX-Password: Platinum/Centurion/Business Card Holders get best seats. You must use an AMEX card or your order won't process. The good ole days are long gone on AMEX presales.
VENUE: Friday, August 12th-Password: DIRTYLAUNDRY. (Don't expect much as this is a Nederlander generic, everyone on the net has it by now, password.
General Sale: Saturday, August 13, 2011.

Here is the link:
http://www.greektheatrela.com/events/event_details.asp?id=2143

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

AzEaglesFan
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Some great pictures of this concert in Facebook. Steuart Smith, Will Hollis and Scott Cargo were part of his backup band. Good picks Don.

Judy
09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Some great pictures of this concert in Facebook. Steuart Smith, Will Hollis and Scott Cargo were part of his backup band. Good picks Don.

Yes, the Fastlane put up pictures and a setlist.

WalshFan88
09-21-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cAGj0Ca0rs

Steuart Smith and Pete Thorn on guitars. I would have preferred Peter Stroud in place of Thorn, but it still was a great performance.

There is many more videos on YouTube from this show but they all have horrible audio quality.