PDA

View Full Version : For Milwaukee Radio listeners...

RamboIV
08-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I will be hosting "Hey Mom! I'm on KLH! (http://wklh.com/Hey-Mom/3264985)" on Sunday August 14th at 6pm! For an hour, I will be on air, playing some of my favorite classic rock tunes! So if you live in Milwaukee, you should turn the dial to 96.5 W-KLH on Sunday night at 6pm!

I will be playing selections from Bruce Springsteen, Steve Miller, Joe Walsh, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Dire Straits, and more!!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to acquire some sort of recording of the show and I'll post that audio here, if possible.

sodascouts
08-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Excellent! This is going to be streamed online, right? That can easily be recorded.

RamboIV
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM
I believe so. They do have a "Listen Live" section on their website, but I don't know how to record that. I was going to have my roommate record it on a cassette tape, and then see what I can do from there. But if you know how to do this, please let me know -- maybe I could set something up.

sodascouts
08-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I can record the stream using Freecorder (http://www.applian.com/freecorder5/) (might have your friend do it, too, just in case something happens).

But surely you'll play an Eagles song, right? ;)

Freypower
08-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I won't be able to listen but I would be interested to know which Dire Straits songs you play.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Awesome Joe! And, yes - an Eagles song is a MUST in your rotation! Hope I will get to hear this. :thumbsup:

RamboIV
08-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I just tested Freecorder this morning to see if it works, and it does.

And you know what I tested it on? A radio special all about Joe Walsh! This mornings edition of "Rock'n'Roll Roots with Steve Palec" was all about Joe Walsh! How weird! Well, I recorded the whole segment, and I'll post it online later tonight. There were a bunch of different interview clips I hadn't heard before and Steve Palec actually played a censored version of "ILBTs" - Ha!

Anyway, I'm about to go to W-KLH now to get ready, so if you're in Milwaukee, tune in 96.5 WKLH at 6pm TONIGHT, or listen live on their website (http://www.wklh.com/). Either way, I'm recording it, so I should be able to post my show tomorrow.

Nancy, if possible, would you also record it in case something goes wrong on my end? If you aren't able, don't worry about it -- I just want to cover all my bases.

And YES, of course I'll play an Eagles song!

Molly
08-14-2011, 07:22 PM
During the Summer hubby and I listen every Sunday while we eat dinner out on our deck-so I'm tuned in already!

He's trying to talk me into doing the show, too. Don't think I have the nerve.

Good luck, Rambo!

sodascouts
08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Shoot... I messed up on time zones! I hope you got this, Joe, because I blew it. :(

RamboIV
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
No problem, Nancy! My recording worked and they gave me a CD too! Thanks for trying though!

I'll post the audio to the show later tonight, and yes I played an Eagles song AND a Fleetwood Mac song!

And Molly, you should reconsider! It was really easy and so much fun. They make it really easy for you. No pressure at all -- really good people there! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-14-2011, 09:14 PM
No problem, Nancy! My recording worked and they gave me a CD too! Thanks for trying though!

I'll post the audio to the show later tonight, and yes I played an Eagles song AND a Fleetwood Mac song!

Excellent! I look forward to it!

RamboIV
08-14-2011, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0PbfsYXJs&feature=channel_video_title

Here's the audio from my appearance!!! Enjoy!

sodascouts
08-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Aw, no shout out? :weep: ;) That was excellent! You sounded really professional. Very cool!

Prettymaid
08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Very professionally done Joe! Did they let you say anything you wanted (i.e. @Joe's new album), or did they have to 'check you out' first?

TimothyBFan
08-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Very, very cool, Joe!!!! :thumbsup: Great job!!

RamboIV
08-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Very professionally done Joe! Did they let you say anything you wanted (i.e. @Joe's new album), or did they have to 'check you out' first?

Actually, they were very cool about letting me talk about whatever I wanted. Just at long as I didn't ramble on. If I do this again, I'll certainly go a little more into depth about the music I play.