PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada

The Disco Strangler
09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm a new Eagles fan. I discovered them about three years ago. Well, I was always aware this band existed LOL. I can even recall dancing in my room as a little girl to the Long Run album. Whenever I heard their songs on the radio, I always gave a listen.

So I've been doing my best to build up my Eagles collection. As for solo work, I have all of Timothy's, with the exception of Feed the Fire.

Right now my fave song is Last Good Time in Town. I've always enjoyed Joe Walsh's stuff, even when I didn't know it was him! One of my fave movies is the Warriors. I had no idea he sang the song at the end of the film until someone told me. Doh!

The Eagles played Winnipeg last year. I wanted to see them so bad, but unfortunately I couldn't get away (city is 4.5 hours from where I live). I'm hoping I'll have another opportunity.

Anyhoo, that's about it. I've been lurking here all morning, reading all the threads. :)

sodascouts
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome, Disco Strangler! You'll find there's another Tim fan here with a soft spot for that song! ;) We also have several Canadians on the board. I was just in your lovely country last week seeing Glenn Frey in Niagara Falls... oh what a night!

Hope you like it here and stick around! :)

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi DS! Welcome from me too! I was in Niagara Falls in Canada to see my favourite Eagle, Glenn:heart:'s two solo shows along with Soda and the others as well. What a great time we had. Canada is lovely and I hope to get to see more of it next time I'm there.

Have fun posting. Timothy is my daughters favourite Eagle.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome, Disco! I'm new to the forum myself. Glad to have you aboard!:wave:

Brooke
09-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome from me, too, DS! Lovin' your board name too! Cute! :thumbsup:

This is a fun place to be if you love the Eagles!

WalshFan88
09-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Welcome! :cheers:

GlennLover
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Welcome from the east coast of Canada! I was one of Niagara Falls gang as well. As you can tell, Glenn is my favorite Eagle. I hope you make it to an Eagles' or solo show sometime soon. It's such a fantastic experience!

The Disco Strangler
09-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you for the welcomes, everyone. I'm still going through all the Timothy pictures :nahnah:. On dial-up it can be time consuming, but is very much worth it! :thumbsup:

Windeagle
09-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi DS! I'm new to The Border too. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.

Koala
09-03-2011, 01:54 AM
Welcome from me, too! :)

Glennhoney
09-04-2011, 02:33 PM
..Welcome from one Canadian to another......:thumbsup:

The Disco Strangler
09-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks! Wow, nice to see lots of Canucks here :thumbsup:

whitcap
09-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the Border! :)

Ive always been a dreamer
09-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi DS and welcome. Glad you found us here on The Border. If you like to talk about the Eagles, then you'll be right at home here. Feel free to join right in and enjoy!

TimothyBFan
09-06-2011, 09:15 AM
You'll find there's another Tim fan here with a soft spot for that song! ;)

Who? :hilarious: Had a bit of a chuckle when I saw your user name and thought "FINALLY someone else who appreciates a good Eagles tune when they hear it!" ;) :hilarious: Seriously, it's not my favorite by any means but I do like it and it happens to be my hubby's favorite Eagles tune (much to the dismay of others here).

I saw a few of your post in other threads and figured I'd welcome you when I got here. Hope you enjoy it here. Lots to see and learn since you're a newer Eagles fan. Enjoy & savor it!!!!

Henley Honey
09-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Welcome from me too, DS. :)

Annabel
09-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome from me too. :wave:

EaglesKiwi
09-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi DS, and welcome to the Border - from New Zealand :). This is a really friendly place to be, don't hesitate to jump into the conversations. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.