View Full Version : Joe Walsh in Atlantic City, NJ on Oct. 22, 2011

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
October 22, 2011 / Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Spa & Resort Event Center

AMEX pre-sale: AMEX BTL
On Sale: 9/10 10AM

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks to the Lindsey Buckingham and Don Henley shows I'm seeing in the first and second weekends of October, this is the only one I can possibly go to... as of yet.

So, I'm torn. I can either go ahead and commit to this one (which means buying a $290 plane ticket - ugh) or wait and see if he adds a date that's closer to me. Hard decision!

But regardless, I am going to see Joe solo. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and seeing three Eagles solo in as many months is wild!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Well - As I posted in another thread, I'm probably going to go up to this show. You can always come stay with me and we can drive up. It's on a Saturday night so that makes it a bit easier.

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I figured you'd let me bunk with ya, Kay! ;) It's the flight that makes me hesitate. If only Southwest flew into Richmond - I have a plane credit on that airline!

09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Okay - SW flies into Norfolk and Baltimore. I could pick you up from either. Baltimore would actually be on the way up to AC - or you could even fly into D.C. or Philly and I could pick you up.

sodascouts
09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I'll call you.

Glennsallnighter
09-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Well much as I'd love to see Joe do a solo show, and just as much meet up with Nancy and Kay again this ain't gonna happen, it's plonked between two work weeks! Anyway I want to save just in case Glenn :heart: decides to tour next year when he releases the new CD.

But, have a great time! I'll be dying to hear your reviews- I'm sure Joe will ROCK!

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
If I can get decent seats, I'm in too!!!

WalshFan88
09-07-2011, 07:15 AM
:-x:brickwall: You don't realize how frustrating this is to me. Joe Walsh solo shows and there is no way I can attend them. Talk about frustrating and depressing. I'd give anything to go to a Joe show. I am just praying he comes to Chicago or preferably even closer (Springfield, Peoria, Moline, etc). I'm bummed. :(

TimothyBFan
09-07-2011, 07:48 AM
How very cool!!! I can't believe all the solo shows that are being put out there right now!! Amazing!

09-07-2011, 10:17 AM
If I can get decent seats, I'm in too!!

Oh cool - I was going to PM you to see if you were going!

:-x:brickwall: You don't realize how frustrating this is to me. Joe Walsh solo shows and there is no way I can attend them. Talk about frustrating and depressing. I'd give anything to go to a Joe show. I am just praying he comes to Chicago or preferably even closer (Springfield, Peoria, Moline, etc). I'm bummed. :(

Austin - Believe it or not, I feel your pain. I've told this many times before on the board, but I'll say it again. I was a fan of the band from the beginning in 1972, but I never saw them live until 2003. I kicked myself for many years for the missed opportunity(s) and still regret it to this day. However, I was lucky because I got a second chance (and a 3rd and 4th etc. :wink: ). But the opportunities to see the guys now are getting fewer and fewer. Now, I would never encourage anyone to do anything that they really can't do, but I would like to give you a nudge if there is any way possible that you can get to one of your heroes shows, then seize the moment. I know you will never forget or regret it! :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
09-07-2011, 10:25 AM
B.B. King is the special guest for this show as an added incentive Nancy!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Windeagle
09-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Hmm... I'm considering this one. I can't afford the good seats, but I might be able to swing the cheaper ones. And I could drive instead of fly. The trick will be convincing my husband of the merits of going to a solo Eagles show 300 miles away with people I've only met on the internet. He's funny about that.

On the other hand, if I bill it as a "date weekend" and bring him along... hmm. That might work.

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm definitely going now. Woot!!!

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Hmm... I'm considering this one. I can't afford the good seats, but I might be able to swing the cheaper ones. And I could drive instead of fly. The trick will be convincing my husband of the merits of going to a solo Eagles show 300 miles away with people I've only met on the internet. He's funny about that.

On the other hand, if I bill it as a "date weekend" and bring him along... hmm. That might work.

My husband felt the same way so he came with me to Niagara Falls. Having met the borderers he now would not have ANY qualms about me going alone -- but I totally get where your husband is coming from. He should be more concerned with you driving 300 miles alone, though.

If I can get decent seats, my hubby will probably come with me, so . . . the more the merrier!!

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Hate to be a "debbie downer" but I just checked Ticketmaster and in addition to BB King, JD & the straight shots are playing. Uggg. :-(
Not a big fan of JD. Saw him when he opened twice for Don Henley and once for the Eagles in Louisville.
Don't know if this is gonna be a game changer for me. Crap.

09-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh no, HH. Don't let that stop you. We can do what I did at Don's solo show in Norfolk - we'll just stay out in the lobby and drink while JD is playing. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
So what if JD's playing? Extra time to go the bathroom or the merchandise stand.

I gotta wonder what JD has on these guys to make them willing to have him as their opening act despite the fact that almost nobody enjoys his glorified bar band. Naked photos of the Eagles engaging in an orgy? Nah, that's not bad enough. Naked photos of them sacrificing kittens to Satan... that might be bad enough. ;)

Henley Honey
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks, ladies. Those are some very persuasive alternatives to suffering JD's "singing".

BBK, JW, cocktails and shopping. Hmmm. . . . . Can anyone say Cosmo?

I don't know what he has on these guys either, but he does have tons of cash. His family has done extremely well in business.
Maybe he pays them. :hilarious: That would explain it -- at least in my mind.

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Can anyone say Cosmo?

I can say it repeatedly, especially to bartenders. ;)

Maybe he pays them. :hilarious:

I seriously think that is a possibility.

Glennsallnighter
09-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Ooooh girls! You're making me jealous!

Henley Honey
09-10-2011, 10:15 AM
OK -- I'm in !!
Got Section 300 Row 1 Seats 1 & 2. Wow.

Who else is going ??? Anyone??

sodascouts
09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Magic HH gets front row center again! ;) But Dreamer and I didn't do so badly either. We have front row as well - just the next section over (200).

I knew I was too slow typing in that stupid code word, but I had just woken up and was still a little groggy (hey, it was 9:00 am here on a Saturday and I went out last night, don't judge).

Finally, I get to see Joe live! After this, I will have seen every Eagle solo (with the exception of Randy and Bernie, of course).

Henley Honey
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Fedex just arrived so I have my tickets in my hot little hand!!!!

Can't wait!:partytime:

sodascouts
10-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I've been so crazy busy trying to wrap up all my work projects before leaving that I haven't been able to post, but the day is finally here! I'm leaving after our monthly meetings today. WOOT!

Prettymaid
10-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Have fun Soda! Safe trip!

TimothyBFan
10-21-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't know if I'm more jealous of the fact you're seeing Joe again or the fact you will be seeing BB. I've always wanted to see him & every time he's close, something else is going on. Have fun!!

10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I've been so crazy busy trying to wrap up all my work projects before leaving that I haven't been able to post, but the day is finally here! I'm leaving after our monthly meetings today. WOOT!

Travel safe and I'll see you this evening!

Tomorrow night is going to be a blast!!! :partytime:

Brooke
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow! Have fun ladies! I somehow know you will! :lol:

Henley Honey
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Wow! Have fun ladies! I somehow know you will! :lol:

We'll do our best! :thumbsup: Party starts at 3PM. Atlantic City,
here we come . . . .:partytime:

Safe trip, ladies!