PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Newbie

pengfree
09-14-2011, 03:42 AM
I just found this message board today when I was doing a search on Glenn Frey. I've just been in hospital for some time and I spent a lot of time listening to my MP4 player while in there. Just laying in bed listening gave me time to really listen to the words of the songs. Some of my favourite songs have always been 'This Way to Happiness', 'Common Ground' and 'Brave New World', and listening to the words closely made me ask myself a question. Is Glenn a Christian? The words of his songs have a very Christian outlook and I wondered whether somebody on here might know about his spiritual beliefs. Even if he isn't a Christian, he has a very positive frame of mind, which just makes me love him all the more! :angel:

TimothyBFan
09-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome pengfree--hope you enjoy it here. Sorry to hear about you hospital stay, hope everything is better for you now.

As far as your question, I'm afraid I don't have an answer but I'm sure someone on here might know and will answer it for you. We have some real Glenn experts on here. :thumbsup:

Glennhoney
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I think his kids went to catholic schools.....................

VAisForEagleLovers
09-14-2011, 11:27 AM
He's never said so that I know of, and of course, I don't know him personally and judging it for myself is out of the question. In various interviews, he's mentioned God, but is otherwise very private about what he believes or doesn't believe (and in more than religion).

He is a very smart man and so with or without faith, he knows that you can't move forward to better things if you stand in one place, looking backwards with bitterness. And you're right, that positive attitude comes through in big and little ways with most of his music.

sodascouts
09-14-2011, 12:14 PM
As has already been pointed out, he's mentioned God before - thanking him, etc. I don't believe he's ever mentioned explicitly what faith he is.

Welcome, BTW!

GlennLover
09-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Welcome, pf! At the very end of Glenn's second solo concert in Niagara Falls last month he said "God bless you" to the audience before he left the stage. I have also heard him say in a couple of interviews when asked about some of his charity work that he keeps very low profile - "God likes a silent giver". I have no doubt that he believes in God.

Henley Honey
09-15-2011, 07:21 AM
I also remember reading that one of his charities was the
Christian Children's Fund

Glennhoney
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
..isn`t there a picture of him as a child at his first communion....is that only done in the catholic church..............

Freypower
09-15-2011, 06:36 PM
..isn`t there a picture of him as a child at his first communion....is that only done in the catholic church..............

It's confirmation which is Catholic only.

GlennLover
09-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Is this the pic you mean, GH? I always wondered if it was a first communion or something similar.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Glenn%20Family/GFreyYoung02-1.jpg

Glennhoney
09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Is this the pic you mean, GH? I always wondered if it was a first communion or something similar.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Glenn%20Family/GFreyYoung02-1.jpg

..yeah that`s the one...

sodascouts
09-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I figured he was just dressed up for a relative's wedding or something.

EaglesKiwi
09-16-2011, 04:47 AM
I figured he was just dressed up for a relative's wedding or something.
Either way, he's adorable! :angel:

Prettymaid
09-16-2011, 07:18 AM
It's confirmation which is Catholic only.

I was raised Lutheran and we went through confirmation.

Freypower
09-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I was raised Lutheran and we went through confirmation.

OK, apologies. I've just always associated it only with Catholics. That just shows you how much I know, because I just looked up the Church of England & Anglican churches, which are the main Protestant churches in Britain & Australia, & they do have it.

The Disco Strangler
01-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I have also heard him say in a couple of interviews when asked about some of his charity work that he keeps very low profile - "God likes a silent giver".

This. That's beautiful.