PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh in Westbury, NY October 20th

Henley Honey
09-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Just Announced - Tickets on Sale now - Live Nation

NYCB Theatre at Westbury, Thursday October 20, 2011

Henley Honey
09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm in! Theatre is literally 10 minutes from my house.
Still keeping my tix for Atlantic City though -- its a whole 2 days later. Lots of time to miss Joe. :partytime:

Windeagle
09-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Darn it! I did Red Bank because I thought that would be the closest I'd get.

Oh well. The 24th is better for my work schedule anyway.

Henley Honey
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Don't you just hate that??? But don't worry, WE. I think you made the right choice with Red Bank. The Westbury Theatre is in the round -- the stage is in the middle and rotates constantly during the show. I don't know if its because of the venue itself or the crowd, but I'd say only 1% of the audience gets up & dances. It's kinda uncomfortable for those of us who can't help but shake it (at the appropriate time, of course).
I've seen the Doobie Bros, Kenny Loggins, Lynryd Skynrd, Huey Lewis, Creedence & 3 Dog Night there in the last year or two and its ALWAYS that way. Red Bank may be a little further for you but you won't have to deal with the laid-back crowd or the Long Island Expressway !!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow - Joe is sure gonna be busy in October! Wish I could make more than one show, but it's not looking like that's gonna happen. I've got to make a trip to Colorado at the end of October to visit my beloved niece.

Wildthyme
09-23-2011, 09:46 PM
West Joe! Come WEST!

09-23-2011, 10:04 PM
I got a giggle out of your post, Cami. I kinda wrote the same thing about Don in another thread a short while ago (only the opposite coast, of course). Funny how most of Don's shows are in the west and most of Joe's are in the east. C'mon guys - spread yourself around a little, won't ya! :lol:

sodascouts
09-23-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm in! Theatre is literally 10 minutes from my house.
Still keeping my tix for Atlantic City though -- its a whole 2 days later. Lots of time to miss Joe. :partytime:

That's like with me and Tulsa. I'm already going to see Joe in Atlantic City, so you'd think I would pass on the Oklahoma date.... but hey, I'm going to be in Oklahoma to see Don Henley... it just feels wrong not to stay the extra day and see Joe!

The logic of the hardcore Eagles fan. ;)

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
That's like with me and Tulsa. I'm already going to see Joe in Atlantic City, so you'd think I would pass on the Oklahoma date.... but hey, I'm going to be in Oklahoma to see Don Henley... it just feels wrong not to stay the extra day and see Joe!

The logic of the hardcore Eagles fan. ;)

Makes perfect sense to me!! Why go all the way to Oklahoma for one show when you can see two? If Timothy suddenly announced a date while you're there, how convenient would be! The Eagles Trifecta! :partytime:

Wildthyme
09-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I got a giggle out of your post, Cami. I kinda wrote the same thing about Don in another thread a short while ago (only the opposite coast, of course). Funny how most of Don's shows are in the west and most of Joe's are in the east. C'mon guys - spread yourself around a little, won't ya! :lol:

Definitely. Maybe they will switch coasts after the November Eagles dates? We can only hope... :pray: :hilarious:

Brooke
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
If they do it would be nice if they take a break in the Midwest. Come on guys. We like your music too! OK is still a bit far for me!

Henley Honey
09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
My tickets were delivered today! :partytime:

09-28-2011, 07:42 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

Henley Honey
10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Tomorrow Night!!! Can't Wait! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime: