PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: Desperado

sodascouts
03-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our album this time will be Desperado. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of Desperado here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

We have finished the game. Thanks for playing!

And the winner of Desperado Survivor is:
DESPERADO!

Songs voted off:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Certain Kind of Fool 04/03
Saturday Night 04/05
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise 04/07
Doolin-Dalton 04/09
Out of Control 04/11
Tequila Sunrise 4/13

Game over!

sodascouts
03-26-2007, 07:50 PM
This is going to be painful for me - I like every single song on this album. I guess to start off I'll go for Bitter Creek, because although I like the song, I find the peyote line weird.

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

timfan
03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
So many choices..... :?

I find the song Out of Control hard to concertrate on as there is just too much going on. The instrumentation overwhelms the vocals at times which is a major distraction.

I cast my vote for Out of Control

freyfanatic
03-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I cast my vote for Out Of Control

Freypower
03-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I worship Out Of Control, probably to nobody's surprise!

My least favourite track on this album is Saturday Night, which I know many people love. I know it fits in with the album theme of disilllusion but it's a bit cloying for me.

I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh my goodness - this is going to be the hardest survivor game for me yet because I absolutely love this album. I don't think there is a bad song on it, and it is going to be really hard to vote any of them off. I especially love Out of Control. I think it is a wonderful song that totally rocks and I hope it doesn't go down so soon. So, if I have to pick, I guess ...

I cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

:( :(

DonFan
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I think Out of Control rocks, too, so I also cast my vote for Bitter Creek.

Brooke
03-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow, this is gonna be a tough one for me cause this is my most favorite album! Just off the top of my head, I wouldn't have guessed that, but, after listening to it again (for the millionth time) it is!

The only song I don't really care for is Bitter Creek and I can get through it without skipping it.

So, there it is! I cast my vote for Bitter Creek![/i]

Perfect Little Sister
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Where's the Bernie-love, y'all????

I can't even imagine voting against one of these songs. I just love this album. Sigh......

I'll have to get back to you on this.

EasyFeeling
03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Me too but for some other reason. I'm not familiar with this album only with the songs Desperado and TS. :blush: So I need to listen to them again.

Randy's Girl
03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh man, this is gonna be so hard. This is my favourite album and I love all the songs. I don't know if I can choose. Hmmm, I think I may have to skip a couple of rounds. I really couldn't pick a least favourite.

EasyFeeling
03-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Dear me! Seems it's the favourite album of the people here. And I'm not familiar with most of the songs. :shock: :roll:

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I like all the songs on this album too but I think I'll cast my vote for 'Bitter Creek' but only because I feel its the worst of a good lot ... (rather than the best of a bad lot if you understand my thinking!)

Freypower
03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Dear me! Seems it's the favourite album of the people here. And I'm not familiar with most of the songs. :shock: :roll:

Not me. With me it ranks equal third with The Long Run (after HC & OTB).

As for Bitter Creek, it is a beautiful, ruminative song about how the outlaw/musician's hopes have been dashed and he's living on illusions. The only thing I don't like about it are the 'doo, doo doo doo' vocals near the end. I think they could have ended the song more imaginatively than that.

sodascouts
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
And the first song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Bitter Creek. Bitter Creek, please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Bitter Creek – 5
Out of Control – 2
Saturday Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
Bitter Creek – sodascouts
Bitter Creek – ive always been a dreamer
Bitter Creek – DonFan
Bitter Creek – Brooke
Bitter Creek – Glennsallnighter
Out of Control – timfan
Out of Control – freyfanatic
Saturday Night – Freypower

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Twenty-One
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night
Doolin-Dalton (reprise) / Desperado (reprise)

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

sodascouts
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Again, it pains me, but this time I'm voting for Outlaw Man. Glenn sounds sexy as hell on it, but it's a cover, and as such I think it should go before any more of the guys' songs.

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

Freypower
03-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Well that didn't take long.

Outlaw Man is wonderful, no matter who wrote it. It is totally integral to the album. Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise, however, just repeats what has already been said, and not that well. I get the point already.

So I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise. I decided that I would give Saturday Night another chance.

sodascouts
03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't know, the Reprise seems so epic to me, especially when the voices overlap - I actually get chills sometimes listening to it. The way Glenn sings "Is there gonna be anything else is there gonna be... anything? Ain't it hard when you're all along in the center ring" - the despair in his voice is really effective. The same is true for Don's "You've sealed your fate up a long time ago" - and the two together are just absolutely tragic. The Reprise is actually more integral to the Desperado concept, I would argue, because it takes the story to its end.

glenneaglesfan
03-29-2007, 05:29 AM
I missed the first round, but all the driving I've had to do has given me a chance to listen to the album afresh. I actually like Bitter Creek, even if I don't quite understand all the lyrics. I agree that there are no bad songs on the album and I also already know which one is my favourite, but I shall keep my cards close to my chest on that one. I guess the song which has the least meaning for me is Twenty-One, so

I cast my vote for Twenty-One.

DonFan
03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't care for Twenty-One either, so I cast my vote for Twenty-One.

EasyFeeling
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Like you GEF, I missed the first round. As for me I really like Twenty-One. It's a cheerful song and reminds me of a song from Keith Urban he did a similar song. I love listening to that kind of songs in my car. 8)

So I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

Brooke
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
This is gonna be really hard for me! I really like all the rest of the songs!

And this was their worst selling album! It's highest chart position was 41! And it's my favorite! :?

Brooke
03-30-2007, 04:51 PM
After much heartache on this, my vote goes for Twenty One.

Glenn is just toooooo sexy on Outlaw Man to vote it down yet! :wink:

03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow - where are all the voters? I know it is painful to vote off such great songs, but it must be done. I agree with Soda that the Doolin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise is a wonderful song. I am hoping it will win this contest, but it probably won't happen. In any event, I thought I was going to have to vote for Twenty One to break the tie here, but Brooke came through for me. :wink: Therefore, in case of any future ties, ...

timfan
03-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I agree with Brooke Glenn sounds soo sexy in Outlaw Man!. Given that the Eagles have had many hits that they have both written themselves and others have written; I don't feel who has written the song is a contributing factor to my liking or disliking a song. JMHO of course! :D

Therefore I cast my vote for Twenty-One

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm going to cast my vote for Twenty-One as well as like so many others I also find Glenn just toooo sexy to vote off Outlaw Man.

03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh wow! I almost messed up really bad. I intended to post my vote at the very last minute to see if I would have to use my vote to break a tie between Outlaw Man and Twenty One. I was thinking the voting closed at 7:00. Then I noticed timfan and GA voted after me. I went back and checked only to find out that the voting ended at 8:00 ET. :roll: Oh well, it ended up working out, but I need to pay closer attention next time. :wink:

sodascouts
03-30-2007, 08:32 PM
And the second song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Twenty-One. Twenty-One, please leave immediately (Sorry Bernie!). The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Twenty-One – 5
Outlaw Man – 2
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 1
Saturday Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
Twenty-One – glenneaglesfan
Twenty-One – DonFan
Twenty-One – Brooke
Twenty-One – timfan
Twenty-One – Glennsallnighter
Outlaw Man – sodascouts
Outlaw Man – EasyFeeling
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Freypower
Saturday Night – ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Outlaw Man
Saturday Night

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

sodascouts
03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry for the confusion, dreamer! I pushed it back an hour so it would be easier for me to get home in time to post the results. Of course tonight I once again was late - one of my friend just won a literary award, so we had to go out and celebrate!

03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
No need to apologize, Soda. It wasn't your fault. You had the cutoff time clearly stated. I just wasn't paying close attention. As I said, it ended up working out the way I wanted it to, but I would've felt like kicking myself in the butt if it hadn't. :wink:

And OBTW - Hope you had a good time celebrating your friend's award.

sodascouts
03-30-2007, 09:18 PM
A pretty good time! I'm very happy for her.

But on a more somber note, lol, I'm going to have to once again try to vote off the incredibly sexy Outlaw Man! :cry:

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

Freypower
03-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, I could never vote against Outlaw Man, or at least I hope I won't have to.

So (again) I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

Brooke
03-31-2007, 09:57 AM
I was trying to hold out for the last minute on voting too, but a busy Friday night meant I had to vote early. Anyway, it turned out like I hoped it would!

The rest is going to be very painful. I think the Doolin Dalton Reprise is absolutely beautiful, but as Freypower said, it is kind of a repeat tying DD and Desperado together.

Hmmmmmm.......more listening and thinking required! :twisted:

DonFan
03-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm voting with Soda--
Since it's a cover, I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

glenneaglesfan
03-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Really tough now. I love the Doolin' Dalton reprise, and how they used to show that movie, although I agree that it is going over old ground. Oh dear, sorry Glenn, but it's going to have to be Outlaw Man.

I cast my vote for Outlaw Man

timfan
03-31-2007, 01:09 PM
This is getting very tough.... (like pulling teeth :D ). But I'm going to have to go with the Doolin Dalton/ Desperado Reprise. It may be a nice piece of work but it is repeating songs already on the album so.....

I cast my vote for Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise

EasyFeeling
03-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Ah, too bad Twenty-One is eliminated. :(

Then I cast my vote for Outlaw Man again.

Maleah
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't ask me how.........but somehow I missed that this started up again! :shock:

Randy's Girl
03-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I think I'll be sitting this one out completely, I just cannot choose a song to vote off, I love them all.

Karen Carpenter
03-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Haven't heard all of the songs from this album, so I'll just go with Soda. I cast my vote for Outlaw Man.

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
No, Sorry, I know its not an original but I can't vote off Outlaw Man. Its just too Glenn. I'm gonna cast my vote for 'Certain Kind Of Fool' I just don't like it as much as the others. Thats if I still have time. Thought I'd get on to vote this morning, but kid 2 decided he wanted my company instead :) Aww!

Brooke
04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Nope, I can't either!

I cast my vote for the DD/Desperado Reprise.[/b]

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Dang, this is a close one!

04-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow - As I said before, I love the reprise and glad it will survive another round. I personally don't think it is repetitive. It has bits from both songs in it, but is a totally new arrangement. The reason I would like to see it win (other than the fact that I really love it) is because it would almost be like having both songs win. I'm probably not going to change any minds here, but I wanted to try. Anyway ....

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 08:05 PM
And the third song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Outlaw Man. Outlaw Man, we love you, but you still have to leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Outlaw Man – 5
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 4
Saturday Night – 1
Certain Kind of Fool – 1

Vote Breakdown
Outlaw Man – sodascouts
Outlaw Man – DonFan
Outlaw Man – glenneaglesfan
Outlaw Man – EasyFeeling
Outlaw Man – Karen Carpenter
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – timfan
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Maleah
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – Brooke
Certain Kind of Fool – Glennsallnighter

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Certain Kind of Fool
Saturday Night

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Dreamer makes a great point about the reprise allowing "both" songs to win. With that in mind...

I cast my vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

It's a great song, but not quite as good as the others that remain.

Karen Carpenter
04-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Dreamer makes a great point about the reprise allowing "both" songs to win. With that in mind...

It's a great song, but not quite as good as the others that remain.
Once again, I guess I'll agree. I don't think I'll be able to honestly vote until the only remaining songs are the ones I know. :|

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Well I voted for Certain Kind of Fool in the last round, and don't see any reason to change my mind. So I too cast my vote for Certain Kind of Fool! OK?

timfan
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Once again I cast my vote for Out of control.

As I said previously I find it to "busy" for my taste. 8)

DonFan
04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
This is getting harder and harder!

I vote for Certain Kind of Fool.

Freypower
04-01-2007, 11:54 PM
No-one tried to understand Outlaw Man! No wonder he's gone off in a huff! :wink:

So yet again, I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

sodascouts
04-02-2007, 01:46 AM
No-one tried to understand Outlaw Man! No wonder he's gone off in a huff! :wink:

Hey, he told us not to! lol

04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Well - I volunteer to try to understand the Outlaw Man. :D But I am really bombed to see Certain Kind of Fool voted off. IMO, it is Randy's 3rd best Eagles song. But I will stick with my previous plan ....

sodascouts
04-03-2007, 08:02 PM
And the fourth song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Certain Kind of Fool. Certain Kind of Fool, please run off immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Certain Kind of Fool – 4
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise – 1
Out of Control – 1
Saturday Night – 1

Vote Breakdown
Certain Kind of Fool – sodascouts
Certain Kind of Fool – Karen Carpenter
Certain Kind of Fool – Glennsallnighter
Certain Kind of Fool – DonFan
Out of Control – timfan

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Saturday Night

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

sodascouts
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh man, this is getting downright painful! But I think, since we have the Reprise still in the game, we don't really need the original!

I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton.

Freypower
04-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Bizarre. The best songs are being voted off. I don't get this at all. How on earth could Outlaw Man, Bitter Creek & Certain Kind of Fool be gone already, while the Reprise remains? The Reprise is OK, but to say it's better than those others, really.... and as for it being superior to the original Doolin-Dalton.... um....

I seem to be wasting my vote so now I cast my vote for Saturday Night.

Maleah
04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I have to agree with you FP, unfortunately I can't say much because I missed the last round :? lol

Never the less.........
I cast my vote for Saturday Night

DonFan
04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
The reprise seems epic to me, too, a haunting and perfect conclusion to the entire record. I love it.

So, therefore, I cast my vote to remove Doolin-Dalton.

Freypower
04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Perhaps I should explain... I agree that the Reprise is the perfect conclusion to the album. I like all the drama when they're all yelling 'DESPERADO'! (Glenn in particular in the video of it is awesome to watch) but it can't match the scene setting or dramatic power of the two songs from which it draws.

sodascouts
04-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Perhaps I should explain... I agree that the Reprise is the perfect conclusion to the album. I like all the drama when they're all yelling 'DESPERADO'! (Glenn in particular in the video of it is awesome to watch)

ooooh, I LOVE that part, too!

but it can't match the scene setting or dramatic power of the two songs from which it draws.

This is where we differ! I think the way the reprise is done lifts it above the original Doolin-Dalton in terms of emotional impact. JMHO though - no one's "right" or "wrong."

Brooke
04-04-2007, 09:59 AM
How did I miss the last round? And CKOF is gone? Awww! I love that one by Randy! :(

Anyway, I guess I will continue to go with DD/D Reprise. You almost have me convinced, Soda, but I still think it's a repeat. I do think it's beautiful, but still.......

I cast my vote for DD/D Reprise!

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Gosh, I missed the last round too somehow, and I'm sorry about CKOF. I particularly love Randy singing on the BBC concert. However, moving on, I'm really struggling now, but

I cast my vote for Saturday Night

timfan
04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
This is getting very hard but since I absoultely love the song the Saturday night .....

I cast my vote for Doolin Dalton

ouch that was painful! :cry:

EasyFeeling
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I missed the last round too.

I cast my vote for Saturday Night. Just for the reason I like the other songs better.

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm not getting much time on the board at all these days with the kids off for Easter! If I'm still in time as I prefer Saturday night, I'll cast my vote for Doolin Dalton.

04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Okay - it look like a mighty close round again. It is sad to see any of these song go because they are all so good, IMO. But I will continue voting as I have in the past few rounds ....

sodascouts
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
In a vote that came down to the last minute, the fifth song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Saturday Night. Saturday Night, please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Saturday Night – 5
Doolin-Dalton – 4
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – 1

Vote Breakdown
Saturday Night – Freypower
Saturday Night – Maleah
Saturday Night – glenneaglesfan
Saturday Night – EasyFeeling
Saturday Night – Ive always been a dreamer
Doolin-Dalton – sodascouts
Doolin-Dalton – DonFan
Doolin-Dalton – timfan
Doolin-Dalton – Glennsallnighter
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Saturday Night 04/05

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

sodascouts
04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
OK, this time Doolin-Dalton must go!

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree, I'll also cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton

Freypower
04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Once again I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

Maleah
04-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I cast my vote for Doolin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise as well

Soda........LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the AV!!!!!!!!

DonFan
04-06-2007, 12:45 AM
I cast my vote, again, for Doolin-Dalton.

EasyFeeling
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Me too, I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton.

04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Okay - As painful as it is, I am ready to vote. :wink:

I cast my vote for Doolin' Dalton.

glenneaglesfan
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok, for reasons other people have also mentioned, and because I really am having trouble now

I cast my vote for Doolin- Dalton reprise

Brooke
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Yup, now it's gonna be sad!

I cast my vote for Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise. Again!

timfan
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
It just doesn't seem right to me that Doolin Dalton should go down before the Reprise so....

sodascouts
04-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry for the delay - I was out to dinner.

In another very close round, the sixth song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is the Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise. It was a tie, but Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise has the most previous votes. Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise, you put in a good showing and lasted longer than anyone thought you would, but now there's no time left to borrow. Please leave immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Doolin-Dalton – 5
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – 5

Tiebreaker: Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise has the most previous votes

Vote Breakdown
Doolin-Dalton – DonFan
Doolin-Dalton – EasyFeeling
Doolin-Dalton – Ive always been a dreamer
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – Freypower
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – Maleah
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – glenneaglesfan
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – Brooke
Doolin-Dalton / Desperado Reprise – timfan

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Saturday Night 04/05

Songs remaining:
Doolin-Dalton
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

sodascouts
04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
OK, NOW let's get rid of it!

I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton!

Maleah
04-07-2007, 11:53 PM

timfan
04-07-2007, 11:54 PM
OK, NOW let's get rid of it!

Nope :D Not this time!

As I have said in the past.. Out of Control MUST go! There is just too much going on and it is the weakest of the remaining songs IMHO.

So... I cast my vote for Out of Control

DonFan
04-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Get out, Doolin-Dalton!

I cast my vote to get rid of Doolin-Dalton for good!

Karen Carpenter
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Okay... I'm listening to "Doolin-Dalton" right now...

Hmm... it sounds like country music.

Yeah, I think I'm going to vote off "Doolin-Dalton".

EasyFeeling
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
This song must go now.

Freypower
04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
This is hard. I love Out Of Control. To me it is one of Glenn's 'power' songs. :twisted: However I feel that Doolin-Dalton, apart from demonstrating his chemistry with Don, is more important to the album, and so, extremely reluctantly...

I cast my vote for Out Of Control.

Glennsallnighter
04-09-2007, 04:57 AM
I think its time for Doolin-Dalton to go too so I cast my vote for Doolin-Dalton also. Its getting hard now!

04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
These songs are all winners, IMO. Since I don't want to vote to eliminate any of them, it makes it very hard to choose. I won't be upset with the order in which the remainding songs finish, except I do know the song that I think should win this all. Therefore, painfully, but strategically ....

I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise.

Ouch! :wink:

Brooke
04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
This is sooooo hard. I really love all the rest of the songs. Out of Control is such a fun, wild, crazy song and Doolin Dalton I love because of the duet of Glenn and Don and their voices are awesome.

I cast my vote for Out of Control. :(

sodascouts
04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
The seventh song to leave the island in Desperado Survivor is Doolin-Dalton. Better keep on movin’, Doolin-Dalton, and leave this place behind immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Doolin-Dalton – 5
Out of Control – 4
Tequila Sunrise – 1

Vote Breakdown
Doolin-Dalton – DonFan
Doolin-Dalton – Karen Carpenter
Doolin-Dalton – EasyFeeling
Out of Control – Maleah
Out of Control – timfan
Out of Control – Freypower
Out of Control – Brooke
Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Saturday Night 04/05
Doolin-Dalton 04/09

Songs remaining:
Out of Control
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

Voting for Round 8 begins now.

Freypower
04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
OK, well, where'd you go, Out Of Control? I cast my vote for Out Of Control again.

Maleah
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
same here, I cast my vote for Out of Control

timfan
04-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Out of Control MUST go! :twisted:

DonFan
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
This is awful. Two of my favorite songs of Glenn's are left--the rocking Out of Control and smooth, sweet Tequila Sunrise, and I just don't know how to vote either one of them off.

But I have to...
so....
I cast my vote for Out of Control.

Karen Carpenter
04-10-2007, 04:06 AM
This one's a no-brainer for me.

I cast my vote for Out of Control.

Next round will be harder, because those are two of my favorite Eagles songs.

:|

EasyFeeling
04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't need to think about it...

I cast my vote for Out Of Control

timfan
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
well... is it gonna be a clean sweep for Out of Control? :wink:

04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
well... is it gonna be a clean sweep for Out of Control? :wink:

Nope, it's not, tf. Although I hope Out of Control goes this round, it looks like that will happen with or without my vote. Therefore, I can use my vote for another strategic move in the event of a future tie.

Both times I have typed those words, I felt like I should give myself a little slap to make sure I'm okay. :wink:

Brooke
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm still shocked that OOC beat out DD!

And I'm gonna help dreamer with the strategy.

I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise. :(

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't want to have to vote any of the last 3 off! I like them all and feel very disloyal getting rid of any at this point. However with great reluctance I will cast my vote for 'Out of Control' (Sorry Glenn :( )

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm all for strategy!

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Alright, we’re down to it, folks. The eighth song to be eliminated from Desperado Survivor is Out of Control, with 7 votes. “Out of Control,” please saddle up and leave immediately. The two remaining songs, please step forward for the final round.

Votes
Out of Control – 7
Tequila Sunrise – 3

Vote Breakdown
Out of Control – Freypower
Out of Control – Maleah
Out of Control – timfan
Out of Control – DonFan
Out of Control – Karen Carpenter
Out of Control – EasyFeeling
Out of Control – Glennsallnighter
Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer
Tequila Sunrise – Brooke
Tequila Sunrise – sodascouts

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Saturday Night 04/05
Doolin-Dalton 04/09
Out of Control 04/11

Songs remaining:
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado

OK. We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all. Once again...

Vote for the song you want to win.

Voting for the final round begins now.

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
OK, this is it! I love both songs, but I have to go with the definitive show closer:

I vote for DESPERADO for the win!

Freypower
04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
This is an almost impossible choice.

While I guess Desperado is the more 'important' song and is treated with due reverence by both singers, the warmth and intimacy of Tequila Sunrise to me sometimes leaves a more lasting impression. There is more chemistry between Glenn & Don when they play it. If only Desperado were still played with drums & piano I may have voted for it but I think that ultimately Tequila Sunrise is closer to my heart emotionally. Also, as I have not yet seen Glenn sing Desperado in full, though I've heard it.... I can't add that to recent experiences of it.

So although I will probably be alone, I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise to win.
Either way it should be a good screenshot history. :wink:

Maleah
04-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Without a doubt......I cast my vote for Desperado

glenneaglesfan
04-12-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm with you, FP. Tequila Sunrise has to be my all time favourite, although I love Desperado as well. Interesting that the two finalists are the two songs Don and Glenn first wrote together.

I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise

DonFan
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
I vote for Desperado for the win!

That song always tugs at my heart.

Brooke
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I hate to say this is easy, because, really, it's not. I absolutely love both of these songs.

In Tequila Sunrise, Glenn's voice is just amazing. He sounds so young and vulnerable. And I love that hmmmmmmmmmm at the very end.

But Don's voice is equally amazing in Desperado and that song just nearly does me in every time I hear it. The message is so beautiful. And please, please, Don, when you sing it live, don't draw that last word out so long like you've been doing. It just takes away from it. imo! It's perfect the way you did it on this album.

So....I cast my vote for Desperado to be the winner!

sodascouts
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I have to agree about holding out that note, Brooke! It's melodramatic and almost seems to be there solely to encourage that obligatory "ooh-he-can-hold-a-note-a-long-time" applause. We'll applaud even if you don't hold out the note, Don! I seem to remember him not doing that in the UK, though, but maybe my memory is rose-colored, lol.

sodascouts
04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Additional note: I'm going out of town to visit a friend in Fort Wayne this weekend. Dreamer's going to post the winner for me as a result.

timfan
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
This last one is a really tough choice. I love the melodrama of Desperado but also love the sweet the soothing image that Tequilia Sunrise conjures up. :)

As a result.. I cast my vote for TEQUILA SUNRISE

EasyFeeling
04-12-2007, 01:43 PM
This is really hard I love both songs. I agree with TF so

I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise

04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Wow - another close round for two great songs. As much as I love Tequila Sunrise, the title song is a classic, and should win this competition, IMHO. Therefore ....

I cast my vote for Desperado to win.

04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, as promised, I'm filling in for soda during her absence, and it’s time for the final results! It was another squeaker, but with 5 votes, the winner of Desperado Survivor is.....

DESPERADO!

Votes
Desperado – 5
Tequila Sunrise – 4

Vote Breakdown
Desperado – sodascouts
Desperado – Maleah
Desperado – DonFan
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Tequila Sunrise – Freypower
Tequila Sunrise – glenneaglesfan
Tequila Sunrise – timfan
Tequila Sunrise – EasyFeeling

Songs eliminated:
Bitter Creek 03/28
Twenty-One 03/30
Outlaw Man 04/01
Saturday Night 04/05
Doolin-Dalton 04/09
Out of Control 04/11
Tequila Sunrise 4/13

Congrats, Desperado!

Thanks for playing everyone and hope you enjoyed the game.

Freypower
04-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Congratulations to Desperado. Now as usual, I intend to do another 'history of screenshots'. This one will be particularly interesting, as some will be in Frey Fever, some in Henley Heaven. In fact the very first performance of it I have will be in Frey Fever (or should I say, first three, before HFO). 8) I will still do it chronologically but you'll have to skip over. Hard life, isn't it? :D

glenneaglesfan
04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Congratulations to Desperado - a deserving winner! Once again I'm looking forward to your 'celebration' screenshots, FP.

Brooke
04-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Very anxiously awaiting those celebratory screenshots, Fp! 8)

04-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Congratulations again to Desperado for a well-deserved win - and to Tequila Sunrise as a worthy, close runner up. Well, even though this game was tough at times, it was still fun. I think all of the close races are a sign of what a great album this truly is. I really did struggle at times as to which song to vote for, but that was what made it interesting. And although there were a few surprizes, for the most part, I think the order that we eliminated the songs comes pretty close to getting it right. I thought I would have liked to have seen Certain Kind of Fool, Outlaw Man, and the Reprise finish higher - but then, I think - finish higher than what! It sure is tough when there are no bad songs. :shock:

Looking forward to to another game soon, but it probably won't get much easier. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
04-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Dreamer, thanks for doing the honours in Soda's absence. The fact that Desperado has been sung so well by both Don and Glenn makes it very special. 8)

Looking forward to the next one!

Maleah
04-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Yay!! My two fav.'s took first and second :D

Brooke
04-14-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm still amazed that this album sold so poorly back in the day. And I did a little research and found out that TS and Desperado never made the top 40?! :shock:

It's my overall favorite! :? :inlove:

04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
I know, Brooke - it is amazing. I am surprized to know that Tequila Sunrise didn't make the Top 40. I thought that it was a bigger hit than that. I would have guessed that it didn't crack the Top 20, but thought it probably landed in the Top 40. I know Desperado wasn't a hit for the band back in the day. It was a hit for Linda Ronstadt and a country singer, though. It astonishes me that when I bought the album when it first came out, I didn't think it was nearly as good as the Eagles album. :shock: I guess Glenn was right when he talked about the reaction to the album - everybody was saying "they made a *bleep*ing cowboy record!" :)

EasyFeeling
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Congrats to Desperado for the first place and Tequila Sunrise for the second. 8)

sodascouts
04-16-2007, 01:46 AM
OK guys, time for the audio/video celebration for the winner we always have!

VIDEO

Eagles - Seattle 1976
Download as .mpg (39 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoSeattle76.mpg) :: Download as .wmv (9 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoSeattle76.wmv)

Glenn Frey - David Letterman 1985
Download as .mpg (44 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoLetterman85.mpg) :: Download as .wmv (10 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoLetterman85.wmv)

Glenn Frey - Dublin 1992
Download as .mpg (40 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/DesperadoDublin92.mpg) :: Download as .wmv (9 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/DesperadoDublin92.wmv)

Glenn Frey - San Diego 1992
Download as .mpg (32 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/DesperadoSanDiego92.mpg) :: Download as .wmv (8 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/DesperadoSanDiego92.wmv)

AUDIO

Glenn Frey - Osaka 1992 (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoOsaka92.mp3)

Don Henley - Wallingford 2000 (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/DesperadoWallingford2000.mp3)

P.S. I have another Don live video coming up, but it's taking me a bit longer to do that one!

DonFan
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
I have been gone on a little mini-spring break trip to the beach with my oldest daughter for the last four days, and I am so happy to come home and find out Desperado was the winner!

Yay! :applause: