PDA

View Full Version : Eagles are the best!

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

first I must tell you that I am from germany and I think my english is not the best. Sorry for that! But I try my best.

I am a woman, 53 years old, still looking good (I Hope so... :hilarious:), living in the north of germany and I love the USA and the people there.

I am a great Eagle Fan since a long time. I visited 3 concerts in germany, at least in Berlin on 23rd of June this year at the Waldbühne and it was so great!

I love all of the boys and to listen to their music is the best I can do when I am down but also in good times.

I was searching for a forum to share my feelings for the band and find this one and I find it is very very good.

Hope to get a lot of news about the boys here and will watch as often as I can.

SeeU

until that I will be...

Waiting in the Weeds...(I love this song so much)

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Welcome, Waiting! I'm kind of new here myself. So nice to hear from another who loves the guys as much as we do.

Your English is MUCH better than my Deutsch! I had four years of German in high school and remember very little of it :-(.

Wilkommen!

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Thank you VAis for your kind words.

You have great pics from Glenn in your signature :thumbsup:

SeeU

VAisForEagleLovers
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
IMO (in my opinion) all pics of Glenn are great pics!

GlennLover
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Welcome, WITW! This certainly is the best place to be if you want to share your feelings about the Eagles! We love to hear others' thoughts about "our" boys, as we call them. And we all respect each others' thoughts & opinions, even if we don't agree. :)

I'm from Canada & I'm about your age. You can guess who is my favorite Eagle, but I live them all!

By the way, your English is very good.

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Thank you GlennLover. It is fine to know that I am here with all the Eagles Fans and - I love all of the Eagles Boys, too and Glenn a little bit more :nod:

Another question: does anybody have a TeamSpeakserver where we can meet and talk? It would be very helpful for me to talk with others to make my english knowledge better.

SeeU

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
IMO (in my opinion) all pics of Glenn are great pics!

Right! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome!!! :cheers:

sodascouts
10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Welcome! Hope you like it here!

Koala
10-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Welcome!

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-04-2011, 05:05 AM
@ WalshFan88, sodascouts, Koala: Thank you for the welcome! It's a very nice forum and I like it very much.

TimothyBFan
10-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Welcome from me also!!! You seem to be doing just fine!! I remember Koala having the same concerns with her English (she is also from Germany) when she first joined. We've all had no problems at all understanding her. Sure you'll do just fine here also. Jump right in and enjoy!!!

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi WITW! I know I welcomed you briefly in the Glenn :heart: forum, but as a fellow European, let me extend a big welcome to you here as well.
Glenn :heart: is my favourite too! by a LONG shot!

I'm sure you'll do fine with your English. It looks pretty good to me! I'm sure you had a great time at the concerts you attended. I had hoped when they were in Europe this year they might have stopped off in Dublin as well as Germany and England. They didn't - but a MUCH bigger treat was waiting for me when I got to see Glenn :heart: do two live shows in Niagara Falls later in the summer, along with some other members of the Border. Hopefully we'll all do the same again sometime.

Anyway have fun posting on the Border and if you'd like to chat, I'm sure we can arrange that some evening as well.

Brooke
10-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome to The Border, WITW! Isn't that just the most beautiful song? I love it!

We're glad you found us and would love to hear about the concerts you have been to.

Henley Honey
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Welcome from me too, WITW. Don't worry about us understanding your English. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
And I'd like to welcome you as well, WITW. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. And don't worry about your English. So far we can understand you just fine - after all, isn't talking about the Eagles a universal language! :thumbsup:

Waiting InTheWeeds
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
@ TimothyBFan, Glennallnighter, Brooke, Henley Honey, Ive always been a dreamer :

Thank you für your warm welcome. It feels good to be here with people like you all.

I’ve been in concert on 3rd of June, 2006 to the Farewell I Tour in the Color Line Arena in Hamburg, on 7th of June, 2009 at the O2 World Arena in Berlin and on 23rd of June, 2011 at the Waldbühne (Open Air) in Berlin. Both Berlin concerts were the Long Road out of Eden World Tour.

The boys always bring a little bit of America to us in Europe and I love it. In 2009 they looked a little bit tired and the concert was great anyhow. In 2011 they looked very recovered from tourstress and I was raeally relieved to notice that.

Some time ago a friend gave me a dvd with old live performances from Glenn. Amongst others he sings „Desperado“. It must have been a solo tour from Glenn in the eighties. I was thrilled about that because I always thought only Don sings it. It’s great!

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Is it the Desperado performance from the 'Strange Weather - Live in Dublin' DVD recorded here in Dublin in 92? Glenn :heart: does a lovely Desperado at the end of that concert.

StephUK
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi WITW,

I was at the Waldbuhne Berlin show too. I went over from England on a very quick visit just for the show. Wasn't it a great night? I was in the front row!! I posted some photos from the show on Flickr - if you want to take a look, here's the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16004674@N04/sets/72157626922553013/

Like your choice of board name - WITW is a fine song.

Prettymaid
10-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Welcome from me too WITW! There's a lot to look at here - enjoy!

Topkat
10-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome WITW... Hope you like it here, I'm pretty new here myself & it's a great place for Eagles lovers!! :thumbsup:

Those are some great pics StephUK!!!