PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs

Freypower
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/steve-jobs-dead-apple-confirms-former-ceo-loses-fight-20111006-1lag8.html

While not unexpected this is sad news. Although my experience with Apple is so far limited to my iPod, I think the term 'visionary' is not misplaced.

WalshFan88
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm very sad tonight. This guy was my childhood hero and I've used Apple products from the time I was put on earth - the first computer I ever touched was an Apple IIGS. My first computer of my own in my room was a Macintosh Performa at age 12. At age 14, I got an iMac with internet access. I've used Apple products since I have been alive. My school was an all Mac school. I have been an Apple user, lover, and supporter for all of my life and that will never change for life.

It has hit me very hard.

RIP Steve - you were a true visionary and a hero. You changed the world with your innovation and brilliance.

Gotta go - it's making me teary just typing about it. :(

Rest in peace, Steve.

TimothyBFan
10-06-2011, 07:30 AM
What a loss to that awful C word again!

Can't imagine what this world would be like without everything he gave to it.

Prettymaid
10-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Absolutely Willie. He was a very talented man. May he rest in peace now.

Brooke
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
RIP Steve. A great loss.

sodascouts
10-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I was so clueless I didn't even realize he was sick!

He changed the world. May he Rest In Peace.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah - he'd been sick for quite some time. It's very sad, and he sure helped make the world a different place in his short time here. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Glennsallnighter
10-07-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember reading of his resignation/retirement only a few weeks ago, when he stepped down through illness, but had no idea his death was so imminent. He certainly revolutionised the world of communications and technology with his creation and development. He is a great loss to the world at such a young age.

May He Rest in Peace.

Maleah
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Was absolutely shocked when I heard this because, like Soda, I wasn't even aware he was sick. All I knew was that he stepped down from his position and then suddenly he was gone! What a huge blow to the world of technology.....to the world as a whole!