PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B Schmit in San Juan Capistrano, CA 11/30/11

whitcap
10-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Timothy live date announced! (http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/72897?__utma=1.799523572.1319063397.1319063397.131 9063397.1&__utmb=1.1.10.1319063397&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1319063397.1.1.utmcsr%3Dthecoachhouse.com |utmccn%3D%28referral%29|utmcmd%3Dreferral|utmcct% 3D%2Fnav.html&__utmv=-&__utmk=212071828)

The other musician on the bill, Aaron Broering (http://www.desperadolive.com/about/aaron/index.html), was in the Eagles tribute band Hotel California and it looks like he's in one now called Desperado.

UK TimFan
10-19-2011, 10:36 PM
:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

I won't be able to go.

EaglesKiwi
10-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Are tickets seriously only $25??? Over here you'd probably pay that for your night's carparking... :nahnah:

Hope some of you get a chance to see & support Tim. Great to see all 4 of the guys doing solo stuff this year. :partytime: And recording. And touring as Eagles... long may it continue!!!

Okay, maybe they can have a short break for Christmas!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2011, 07:56 AM
But California's sooooooo far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

Seriously, it is wonderful to see Timothy out doing this now also!! Who would've imagined we'd have all 4 of them doing solo shows at basically the same time.

EK---yup--Timothy is the cheapest Eagle to see. When I saw him 2 years ago, the ticket was a whole $22 and that included the $2 service fee. Worth every freakin' penny too!!!

timfan
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
and they spelt Timothy's name wrong!!! :brickwall:

Troubadour
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm so glad to see another Timothy solo date announced. I'm sorry for those who can't go, but I hope at least some of our resident Tim fans will be there to report back to us! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will visit other parts of the country after this.

Glennsallnighter
10-20-2011, 09:46 AM
It is indeed wonderful to see our boys so busy being fabulous. Is anyone going? Think I'd better NOT mention this one to Laura. Santa doesn't come THAT early!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-20-2011, 10:06 AM
:lol: Lisa. You are right though - better keep this one on the down low. Surely Laura would feel a sense of entitlement since mommy had a little excursion of her own in August.

I am thrilled that Timothy is doing this show though and hopefully, he'll do a few more as well. Sadly, there is no way I'm going to be able to go to CA for this. :pray: :pray: :pray: for some East coast shows!

Topkat
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Well this is too far away for me, but maybe he will return to NY one of these days! We can only hope

timfan
10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I thought about going but since I don't drive.... it's not very convient. Hoping for a show closer to me or in LA itself :thumbsup:

UK TimFan
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
But California's sooooooo far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-(
It's only a morning's drive from Indiana. :grin:
Well, compared to the 5,500 miles from my front door.

I did look up flight prices and got 'from £364 RT', but when I entered specific dates economy tickets started at almost £1200, and one flight left on Tuesday 29th, arrived Orlando about 6pm, and then the connecting flight to LA left at 8.30 on Wednesday morning. :hilarious:

Brooke
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, this is great news, but I can't possible go that far either. :cry:

So, guys, what's wrong with the Midwest (namely Missouri or Illinois) these days? Come on!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
So, guys, what's wrong with the Midwest (namely Missouri or Illinois) these days? Come on!

Hey now :fingerwag:- weren't the Eagles pretty much camped out in Missouri for awhile a couple years ago? :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
When I read about this on Facebook yesterday, I couldn't stop smiling. While I know it's too far for me, I LOVE that TBS is doing another solo show. It gives hope that one day he may venture back to the midwest.

It's funny to look back a few years ago, thinking, "this could be 'the last' time we ever see the guys"... flash forward to now and not are they touring for their 40th, they are doing solo shows!!! Who would have thunk it?

I hope someone from the Border is able to make it to this show and share some details!

Can't believe it's been two years since I saw him solo... time sure flies...

Brooke
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey now :fingerwag:- weren't the Eagles pretty much camped out in Missouri for awhile a couple years ago? :hilarious:

Yeah, I know, but I meant solo shows. :lol:

sodascouts
10-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Man, this is so cool! I wanna go not just to see Timothy, but also to experience the awesomeness of seeing all four Eagles solo within the space of a few months!

Prettymaid
10-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Aaaa, he's just getting started - he'll come east...eventually.

carol7lynn
10-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm so glad to see another Timothy solo date announced. I'm sorry for those who can't go, but I hope at least some of our resident Tim fans will be there to report back to us! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will visit other parts of the country after this.

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought my ticket. Hope he adds more dates. I also contacted his old record label and hope to work this show like I did last time he toured. I'll keep everyone posted.

What a birthday present. Now I don't have to worry about Vegas tixs. Yeah. After three front row center seats for Lindsey Buckingham this past week this is the icing on the cake!:partytime:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

carol7lynn
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Just got a response to my e-mail to Lost Highway Records. TimmieB is no longer with their label. :sad: Oh, well I gave it a try.

Anyway, for those who want to go-the buzz is you need to make dinner reservation to get a good seat and opt for appetizers over their entrees. No beer on tap :cheers: just bottles-that's a switch.

Check out the reviews on Yelp. Some are down right scarey! :eyebrow:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

carol7lynn
10-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Who else :wave: is going to support TimmieB at his second SoCal show besides me?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Count Down-31 days!:blueblob:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:spin:

carol7lynn
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
One more day to go! Swallows take flight an Eagle is coming to town!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:computer:

carol7lynn
11-30-2011, 08:45 AM
It's Wednesday!

Tonight's show is only an hour away and seating is reserved so I won't have to take the day off to get a good spot. There is no dance floor in front of the stage so they'll be no worries about someone taller than me blocking my view. Word is the food absolutely sucks there so I'll go the salad route again.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn
SpCalGal:computer: