PDA

View Full Version : How should the Eagles revamp the setlist for their 40th Anniversary?

Shadowland07
10-20-2011, 12:02 AM
As talked about in Joe's section, apparently the Eagles would like to revamp their shows and do more songs of "Desperado" and "On the Border." I know we always do this every now and then and probably have a thread on this, but....what would you like the setlist to look like for their 40th Anniversary Tour?

Ive always been a dreamer
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah SL - we've been discussing this in several places on the board so it's nice to have an official thread for this topic. However, I'm going to have to give this a lot more thought before I can respond. :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I have some thoughts on this but I am reluctant to proffer them at the moment.

Tori
10-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Ooh, an official thread! I have to give this topic a lot of thought, though. There's so many songs I'd love to hear live!

EaglesKiwi
10-24-2011, 04:00 AM
I'm going through the albums again to come up with a list :)

sodascouts
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
So, I've got a few ideas as to what I'd like them to bring back! And, since this is the EAGLES 40th anniversary, I say they should drop some solo songs to accommodate the additions. I mean, these guys have a freaking stable full of hits to pull out!

Now, they mustn't drop recent additions BOML or SBR to add any of these, nor their standards such as TITTL, TIE, etc. that they played on the LROOE tour when it was in full flower.

I'd especially like to see....
Already Gone
Ol' 55
Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise (this would blow everyone's minds)
Victim of Love
Those Shoes
Pretty Maids All in a Row
New Kid in Town (maybe it could be lowered a key to be more manageable?)

And it would also be awesome to see....
Out of Control
Somebody
Tequila Sunrise
Saturday Night
After the Thrill Is Gone
Get Over It
What Do I Do with My Heart (yeah, I know this was never played live, but a girl can dream)

EaglesKiwi
10-31-2011, 04:00 AM
Top of my list are pretty unlikely:
What Do I Do With My Heart :smitten:
The Sad Cafe :inlove:

I'd like any of the songs on Soda's list, particularly the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

I would especially like to see songs that haven't appeared on their official DVDs already. I'm hoping they'll record one of the concerts and bring out a new DVD... :bow: :nod: :spin:

I'd also like to hear:
James Dean
Outlaw Man

sodascouts
10-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Ooh, how could I forget James Dean!

Shadowland07
01-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I would love to hear "Outlaw Man", "Doolin Dalton" and "Doolin Dalton Reprise", "You Never Cry Like a Lover", "On the Border" (please please please), would loooovvveee "After the Thrill is Gone" and "King of Hollywood"

Glennhoney
01-02-2012, 06:51 AM
..would alsoe love "After the thrill is gone".."Saturday Night',"Tequila sunrise", New kid in town", "On the border",James Dean, Chug all Night...etc....but let's face it...If I get to see another Eagles concert, I know I will be pleased with anything they do...

01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Okay - After much thought, I've come up with my 40th anniversary tour dream setlist. It doesn't include everything I'd like to hear, but I figure a 5-hour show is out of the question, so I tried to keep this somewhat realistic. :wink: I did manage to get in most all of the hits by creating a few medleys. I also included some stuff they haven't done in a long time or never did, as well as, solo songs. I know some folks don't like the solo songs, but I do. I think they are the best way to feature Joe, and let's face it - Joe is a crowd pleaser and really helps the band kick butt near the end of the live performances. Of course, we are definitely back to a 3-hour show with my setlist cause there's just no way to cover all the required material in less time. So here we go ...

First Set

1. Seven Bridges Road
2. Hotel California
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
4. Witchy Woman
5. I Can’t Tell You Why
6. Lyin’ Eyes/New Kid In Town Medley
7. One of These Nights
8. Already Gone
9. The Boys of Summer
10. In the City
11. Take It To the Limit (electric version)
12. The Long Run

Intermission/Acoustic Set

13. I Dreamed There Was No War (prelude to acoustic set)
14. Tequila Sunrise w/ alternate verse
15. The Best of My Love
16. Love Will Keep Us Alive
17. Waiting In the Weeds

Second Set

18. How Long
19. Wasted Time/Wasted Time Reprise/Victim of Love Medley
20. After the Thrill Is Gone
21. Walk Away
22. You Belong To the City
23. Parachute

Band Intros

24. Life’s Been Good
25. Dirty Laundry
26. Funk #49
27. Heartache Tonight
28. Life In the Fast Lane

First Encore

29. Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise
30. Rocky Mountain Way

Second Encore

31. Take It Easy

Brooke
01-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I like it Dreamer! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about 40 songs for 40 years, but I suppose that would be too long for them to muster. :hmm: They might be able to do that if they would leave out the solo songs. Now don't get me wrong, I love the solo songs, but if they are going to tour solo, we can hear them then. This is the Eagles 40th anniversary, not Don's, Glenn's, etc.

EaglesFanatic
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I like it Dreamer! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about 40 songs for 40 years, but I suppose that would be too long for them to muster. :hmm: They might be able to do that if they would leave out the solo songs. Now don't get me wrong, I love the solo songs, but if they are going to tour solo, we can hear them then. This is the Eagles 40th anniversary, not Don's, Glenn's, etc.

I agree to a certain degree, Brooke (regarding solo songs). I think one solo song per member would be fair... I would like to have seen them put a Timothy solo song in their setlist (namely Keep On Tryin', or Parachute). On the flip-side, however, I would rather see songs like Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise than solo material.

Tori
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Dreamer, I love it. I really like the medley idea, and I agree to keep the solo songs to a minimum of maybe one per band member, but definitely get a Glenn and Tim solo song in there.

Glennhoney
01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Dreamer, I love it. I really like the medley idea, and I agree to keep the solo songs to a minimum of maybe one per band member, but definitely get a Glenn and Tim solo song in there.
..TOTALLY AGREE..

Freypower
01-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Dreamer, I'm sorry,and it appears I am in a minority, but Lyin' Eyes & New Kid In Town are important songs (at least for me) and it would be wrong to make them into a medley, even though Lyin' Eyes was once part of a medley with Take It Easy, which I saw in 1988, and it was inadequate. I am resigned to the inevitable that NKIT will probably not be brought back, and I would rather that than it be truncated. I also don't know how a slow song like Wasted Time could be made into a medley with a rocker like Victim Of Love. Also how would the Reprise be played? On keyboards, by the backing musicians? I am sorry to disagree with you but I feel strongly about it.

This is supposed to be a 40th anniversary of the Eagles, and in my opinion the solo songs should be dropped entirely, so that the band can be showcased.

I am not going to propose a setlist, but it should include the title track of Long Road Out Of Eden.

WalshFan88
01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm cool with one solo song per member and putting in Already Gone, OOTN, NKIT (if possible), VOL, etc instead. I have to hear LBG though as that's one of my requirements (the other being HC). Some of us can't see solo shows OR prefer the sound of the Eagles playing those songs instead with extra guitars and vocals.

If we did go with one solo song I'd personally want/need this:

Joe - Life's Been Good (not negotiable - it's better as an Eagles song)
Don - Boys Of Summer
Glenn - The Heat Is On
Tim - Secular Praise

EaglesFanatic
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
If we did go with one solo song I'd personally want/need this:

Joe - Life's Been Good (not negotiable - it's better as an Eagles song)
Don - Boys Of Summer
Glenn - The Heat Is On
Tim - Secular Praise

Good choices Austin. LBG and Boys of Summer in particular sound great in Eagles concerts.

WalshFan88
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Good choices Austin. LBG and Boys of Summer in particular sound great in Eagles concerts.

Thank you! :) My thoughts exactly. In fact I much prefer them being played with the Eagles than any other way. Especially LBG with the twin solos and the backup vocals and Joe's antics. :D

01-02-2012, 11:45 PM
As I said in my earlier post, I really do understand that some folks aren’t fans of the solo material, but my question is this – If you take out the solo songs, what would you have Joe perform? He only has 4 Eagles songs, none of which were big hits. But even if he performed all 4 of those, what else would he do in the shows? Joe’s main role in the band is to “beef” up and energize the live shows. I would think that would be difficult to pull off without the inclusion of his solo work. Besides Joe has been performing his solo songs pretty much since he joined the Eagles, and many people consider them “adopted” Eagles songs. They are a part of Eagles history, so I would be shocked if they were eliminated at this point.

I am resigned to the inevitable that NKIT will probably not be brought back, and I would rather that than it be truncated.

Well, FP - all I can say is that something is usually always better than nothing as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't know how a slow song like Wasted Time could be made into a medley with a rocker like Victim Of Love.

All I can say is that I just simply had to listen to the sequence of these songs on Hotel California album to come up with the idea. I'm confident that some of the talented arrangers in the band could think outside the box and come up with some great ways to make this work. :wink:

Also how would the Reprise be played? On keyboards, by the backing musicians?

Why not stick with the way they did it on Farewell I - I think that worked out really well.

Freypower
01-03-2012, 12:51 AM
As I said in my earlier post, I really do understand that some folks aren’t fans of the solo material, but my question is this – If you take out the solo songs, what would you have Joe perform? He only has 4 Eagles songs, none of which were big hits. But even if he performed all 4 of those, what else would he do in the shows? Joe’s main role in the band is to “beef” up and energize the live shows. I would think that would be difficult to pull off without the inclusion of his solo work. Besides Joe has been performing his solo songs pretty much since he joined the Eagles, and many people consider them “adopted” Eagles songs. They are a part of Eagles history, so I would be shocked if they were eliminated at this point.

Perhaps Joe would like the opportunity to play on some of the old songs that he didn't play on originally, even if he doesn't sing lead on them.

It's hard to argue with what you say, but I still believe that this tour should be celebrating Eagles material, not solo material.

If the solo songs were dropped then some older Eagles songs could be included and nothing from the existing setlist would have to be dropped (although there are a couple of current setlist Eagles songs that I would not mind if they were dropped, but I am not going to say which ones).

If I had to really say which old songs I would like included they are:

Doolin-Dalton
Outlaw Man
Ol '55
James Dean
King Of Hollywood

and I would like to see LROOE & NMCD reinstated. As I have also said elsewhere, I would like to see them try a couple of different LROOE songs they haven't yet played, but I am not insisting that they be permanently added to the setlist. Instead of PEF, why not YANA, for instance (it is just a suggestion).

ETA: Should they bring back Tequila Sunrise & Already Gone? I'd rather the other stuff they haven't done for so long. TS & AG, which were played on the F1 tour, would be the easy option. And as I said above - NKIT? I don't think so. Sad, but that's it.

EaglesKiwi
01-05-2012, 04:26 AM
First off, I have to say that if they toured Down Under again I would be ecstatic whatever the set list was.

That said, if they're going to tour again and use one of the shows for their next DVD (i.e. as part of the anniversary DVD), then I would really like to see some of the songs that aren't on HFO or F1. So for example I would be happy to see them drop, say, Lyin Eyes (and we'd also avoid the very stale Plaintiff joke) and do something like Its Your World Now, or NKIT instead.

Realistically, they would have to drop some of the existing stuff to fit anything new in. From what I've read on the thread so far we're hoping for at least 6 new songs, so we've got to be prepared to sacrifice some stuff to fit into a 3 hour timeframe.

Some LROOE stuff is a must - my choices are the title track, WITW, and NMCD. (Yes, I know I've already said IYWN. That's AS WELL as the others!).

Joe rocking out on some of his solo stuff is a fantastic part of the concert and brings so much energy and wow-factor. I'd like to keep that.

I'd be willing to sacrifice other solo material (i.e. any of Don's stuff - even though I really LOVE it all) to have more Eagles stuff.

And I think they could make a medley work, but I would rather it was stuff they've done many times already, allowing us the full versions of the less-often-performed songs.

01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm like you EK, in that, I won't complain no matter what the set list is (within limits, of course :wink:). I'll just be grateful to get to see them live again.

Brooke
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm going with my 40 songs for 40 years idea. I know it's probably not gonna happen. It would last too long. Although, I wouldn't mind them taking a 30 minute break halfway through if that would help. :shrug:

Here's my picks for the set list from most of the albums. Some would have to be moved around a bit to allow a break for the singer in between songs.

Eagles

1. Take It Easy-where it all began!
2. Witchy Woman
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling

Desperado

4. Tequila Sunrise
5. Desperado
6. Doolin-Dalton
7. Out of Control

On The Border

8. Already Gone
9. On The Border
10.Good Day In Hell
11.Best of My Love

One of These Nights

12.OOTN
13.Lyin' Eyes
14.Take It To The Limit
15.After The Thrill Is Gone

Hotel California

16.HC
17.New Kid In Town
18.Life In The Fast Lane
19.Wasted Time
20.Victim of Love
21.Pretty Maids All In A Row

Good time for that intermission here!

The Long Run

22.TLR
23.I Can't Tell You Why
24.In The City
25.King of Hollywood
26.Heartache Tonight

Hell Freezes Over

27.Get Over It
28.Love Will Keep Us Alive
29.New York Minute

Live or Very Best Of or whatever!

30.Seven Bridges Road

Long Road Out of Eden

31.LROOE
32.How Long
33.Waiting In The Weeds
34.No More Cloudy Days
35.Do Something
36.You Are Not Alone
37.Somebody
38.Busy Being Fabulous

Encore 1

39.Life's Been Good (I call it an Eagles song anymore! Works for this purpose!)

40. And the closer: It's Your World Now-How fitting! :wink:

I know, I'm dreaming, but what the heck!

Koala
01-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Brooke, I must say I LOVE your idea 40 songs for 40 years !:applause:
No seriously, the return to a 3 hour show (although the 2 hour show in the last year was very nice too! But I have missed a few songs) and a new set list would be enough for me!

EaglesKiwi
01-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Well, Brooke, if you're gonna dream you may as well dream BIG :yay:

Although if we did a quick count up of how long the songs are, I think we're looking at a VERY long concert... I think the 3 hour concert they were doing in 2010 included about 30 songs. Not sure how many venues would let them do a 4 hour concert.

EaglesFanatic
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I love that idea Brooke! And nice song choices too :nod:

Brooke
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks! My overall favorites!

Think about it guys! :hmm:

01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow Brooke - that would be the ultimate Eagles concert that's for sure.

As EK said - if you're gonna dream, then dream big!

timfan
01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Regardless of anything else I really like the idea of starting the show with Take it Easy as it is what started it all! :-)

Tori
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I love the 40 songs for 40 years idea. A lot of songs are included in Brooke's list that I'd love to hear live.

EaglesKiwi
01-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Regardless of anything else I really like the idea of starting the show with Take it Easy as it is what started it all! :-)
I wonder if they'd do a roughly-chronological setlist this time...

I do like the idea of TIE as an opener, with IYWN as the ending, but then I also like the idea of TIE as the ending... :hmm:

sodascouts
01-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I wonder if they'd do a roughly-chronological setlist this time...

I thought about that, too. If they're going to play videos, it would be really neat to have it step-by-step like that. They could end on "How Long" or "Waiting in the Weeds" - something from LROOE. "Waiting in the Weeds" would be in some ways appropriate and in some ways a bit of a downer. I'd pick "How Long" because not only do Glenn and Don share vocals with makes it especially Eagley, but you get the "bye bye baby" which is definitely right for a final song!

At any rate, I think the chronological order idea is a good one.

WalshFan88
01-07-2012, 05:17 PM
I LOVE Brooke's setlist idea. :yay: Something for everyone. I would be ok with the Desperado/LROOE songs if I was getting all of those others. And I have to say THANKS to Brooke for including Life's Been Good in there. I agree, it's an Eagles song now (to me, at least).

01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I like the idea of closing with Take It Easy because it would kinda bring the 40th anniversary show around full circle. But, I also think the chronological order idea would work too. Doing How Long last would also kinda bring the show full circle too since they performed the song in their early shows.

Oh good grief - so many possibilities! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
On my MSN home page...2012's major tours.

http://music.msn.com/2012-new-music-guide-major-tours/photo-gallery/feature/?photoidx=1

Brooke
01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Hmmmmmmm.

Quote: If you're taking requests, drop "Lying Eyes," "Already Gone," "Witchy Woman" and "One of These Nights" and give us "Saturday Night," "Good Day in Hell," "The Last Resort" and "King of Hollywood," just for starters.

Nooooooo, I want them all! :p

VAisForEagleLovers
01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Hmmmmmmm.

Quote: If you're taking requests, drop "Lying Eyes," "Already Gone," "Witchy Woman" and "One of These Nights" and give us "Saturday Night," "Good Day in Hell," "The Last Resort" and "King of Hollywood," just for starters.

Nooooooo, I want them all! :p

I agree! I have to wonder if whoever wrote it is even a fan. He had an uncomplimentary thing to say about the Eagles/Chicks concerts on the McGraw/Chesney picture.

sodascouts
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I bet he hasn't been to a show lately and got this setlist off of some past tour - when was the last time they played "Already Gone"? Admittedly, they did ironically use the song on their advertisements for the LROOE tour.

Indeed, "Already Gone" is one of the most requested songs for the Eagles to ADD to their setlist!

At least he is fan enough to know some of their deeper cuts. Perhaps this statement was intended to show that off, although it backfired with the glaring "Already Gone" mistake.

P.S. If my Long Beach bootleg is any indication, "King of Hollywood" is a real dud live.

whitcap
01-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I certainly don't want them to drop Lyin' Eyes, Witchy Woman, or One of These Nights. Now if we're talking about additions how about Outlaw Man, Out of Control, Already Gone, James Dean, Ol' 55, Good Day in Hell, New Kid in Town, Victim of Love and Those Shoes just for starters. ;)

sodascouts
01-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Now you're talkin'!

Freypower
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I bet he hasn't been to a show lately and got this setlist off of some past tour - when was the last time they played "Already Gone"? Admittedly, they did ironically use the song on their advertisements for the LROOE tour.

Indeed, "Already Gone" is one of the most requested songs for the Eagles to ADD to their setlist!

At least he is fan enough to know some of their deeper cuts. Perhaps this statement was intended to show that off, although it backfired with the glaring "Already Gone" mistake.

P.S. If my Long Beach bootleg is any indication, "King of Hollywood" is a real dud live.

Soda, I know you don't like King Of Hollywood. In my opinion the Long Beach version is one of the best live tracks the band ever did. I love the song anyway; live it reaches a new dimension (you can hear Glenn's part much better). I would absolutely love it if they played it again, but Don would have to play drums. That is just my opinion.

EaglesKiwi
01-29-2012, 12:44 AM
I would be happy for them to drop Lyin' Eyes, but Witchy Woman ROCKED live. (They play it faster than the recording, which IMHO adds a lot to the song).

Adding Saturday Night? Not my first choice, not when there are so many others that I think would go down better with a diverse audience of both hardcore and casual fans (Already Gone, Out of Control, James Dean, What Do I Do With My Heart... okay, fantasising again!).

Freypower
01-29-2012, 01:19 AM
I could not bear to lose Lyin' Eyes. I have already lost NKIT, AG & TS. An Eagles setlist without Lyin' Eyes for me would be unthinkable.

EaglesKiwi
01-29-2012, 01:49 AM
I could not bear to lose Lyin' Eyes. I have already lost NKIT, AG & TS. An Eagles setlist without Lyin' Eyes for me would be unthinkable.
FP, would you give up Lyin' Eyes to get NKIT, AG or TS BACK in the setlist? Obviously not your first choice (Add them all!!) but I guess my question is are you deeply attached to this song in particular.

For me, it's one that is most often played (overplayed?) on the radio, and every time I hear it I think of Glenn's "plaintiff" joke which I dislike. I'm probably unfairly biased against it, but I would MUCH rather see any of the other 3 in its place.

Freypower
01-29-2012, 04:47 PM
FP, would you give up Lyin' Eyes to get NKIT, AG or TS BACK in the setlist? Obviously not your first choice (Add them all!!) but I guess my question is are you deeply attached to this song in particular.

For me, it's one that is most often played (overplayed?) on the radio, and every time I hear it I think of Glenn's "plaintiff" joke which I dislike. I'm probably unfairly biased against it, but I would MUCH rather see any of the other 3 in its place.

I would possibly give up Lyin' Eyes to have NKIT but not TS or AG. I am extremely attached to Lyin' Eyes. At Eagles shows it has the same significance for me that HC does for others (so does Heartache Tonight). I am not saying LE is better than HC; it isn't; but it is very important to me personally.

sodascouts
01-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Personally, I would exchange Lyin' Eyes for Already Gone. I have no sentimental investment in it. I look at it from this perspective: I love to see Glenn rock! He has enough ballads. I'd much rather lose Lyin' Eyes than the beautiful Peaceful Easy Feeling or the magnificent TITTL.

GlennLover
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
I would make the same trade. Lyin' Eyes is one of my all time favorites. I have loved it since it was released. But, since I have seen Glenn perform it live four times (including two solo shows & POT), I would like to see Glenn rock it on Aready Gone, for a change, which I have loved since it's release as well (but a little less than LE).

EaglesKiwi
01-30-2012, 04:03 AM
For me personally, Lyin' Eyes is a nice song, but isn't on my list of favourite "Glenn leads". NKIT, on the other hand, is number 2 on that list, so I'd be prepared to make a sacrifice to hear it live.

Brooke
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I would hate to see Lyin' Eyes dropped. I really love it, but I might trade it for Already Gone or Tequila Sunrise. I think it's a travesty that he has dropped TS, one of the first songs he and Don wrote together. :sad:

01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Personally, as I've said many times before, IMHO, Lyin' Eyes, Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone, and New Kid In Town should all be in the setlist, or at least three out of four of them like they were for Farewell I. I definitely don't think they should ever drop Lyin' Eyes. Even though I personally get a little tired of it, most casual fans absolutely LOVE it.

sodascouts
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
That's true. Lyin' Eyes is a huge crowd-pleaser. Still, folks love to rock out to Already Gone as well!

Freypower
01-30-2012, 05:26 PM
The Eagles songs I wouldn't mind seeing dropped are The Long Run, In The City & Love Will Keep Us Alive (LWKUA isn't played so often these days when they don't do the acoustic set). Excuse the bias; these songs are my least favourite of the songs which the other three band members sing.

GlennLover
01-31-2012, 01:01 AM
The Eagles songs I wouldn't mind seeing dropped are The Long Run, In The City & Love Will Keep Us Alive (LWKUA isn't played so often these days when they don't do the acoustic set). Excuse the bias; these songs are my least favourite of the songs which the other three band members sing.

I agree with you, FP, especially about ITC. I have never been that keen on it.

EaglesKiwi
01-31-2012, 02:10 PM
I would be happy to swap out Long Run and In The City to get something new. Tim has so few leads that I wouldn't want to see him drop LWKUA unless he's bringing in Do Something in its place.

sodascouts
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
This is a great conversation about the setlist, but I'm going to move it so we can talk about it even more in our "On the Road with the Eagles" forum.

ETA: Done!

sodascouts
01-31-2012, 03:29 PM

As EK mentioned, I'd hate to see Timothy lose one of his few leads, so I wouldn't want to get rid of LWKUA.

I'd also hate to lose "In the City" because currently it is the only Eagles song Joe sings lead on live now that they no longer do "Guilty of the Crime." I mean, come on, he should at least do ONE of his Eagles songs!

While I love "The Long Run" and it gets people on their feet, I wouldn't mind it being replaced with something they haven't done in a while. However, as I've said before, I think the first to be cut of the Don leads should his solo songs, "Dirty Laundry," "Boys of Summer," and "All She Wants to Do Is Dance." Yes, they're good songs and the Eagles have fun with them, but the Eagles have plenty of good songs that they can have fun with out of their own catalog, too. At the risk of repeating myself, if I want to hear Don's solo hits, I can go see Don's solo show.

Second, "Long Road Out of Eden" needs to go. It's so long that in its place could be two songs - two better songs. I like LROOE well enough, but there are many superior songs the Eagles could play instead. They could keep "How Long" to represent the new album, and it would also be cool for the 40th anniversary because it shows how they've tied together their past and present.

If they would like to include something off the new album that they've written themselves or something more recent, there are other songs from that album that are preferable to the title track. This is especially true if they plan on playing other festivals in addition to Jazz Fest. While I appreciate LROOE live in an indoor setting, it flops at festivals like Austin City Limits. It's so long and somber that it goes over like lead balloon in such settings.

Political songs are all well and good, but ten-minute opuses detailing the deterioration of the country can be a bit much live. After Joe's smokin' guitar solo ends and we get back to the "noises of the Arabian desert", a lot of people start wondering just how much longer this is going to go on. At the risk of offending those who adore the song, even a hardcore fan like me starts to weary of it at that point in a festival setting.

Freypower
01-31-2012, 04:06 PM
You haven't offended me Soda, but the song totally rocks live and as I have said before, I deeply admire them for going so far out of their comfort zone and doing this 'controversial, political' song. I certainly didn't wonder how long it was going to last. For me it couldn't last long enough. I can't speak for everybody who has ever seen it but surely there must be more people than me who think it is great to watch live. In any case, they haven't even played it at these festivals, have they? At these shows they have dropped everything recent except for How Long. It is high time that they tried to redress the balance again because they went too far in returning to the 'tried & true' stuff.

sodascouts
01-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Of course you're not the only fan who enjoys it live, FP, although perhaps few would say "it couldn't last long enough." (I've always thought any song that goes over eight minutes risks becoming self-indulgent, but that's just me.)

Indeed, even I enjoyed it live the first few times I heard it in concert. It was only when the setlist was shortened that I started to become impatient with it and weary of it. It was taking up too much of the little time we had.

As for whether or not they played the song at festivals, they didn't do so for a while. Then, they brought it back in 2010 (as I said, I heard it at the Austin City Limits Festival) and continued to play it on the German/Slavic leg of the tour in 2011, although those sets were also abbreviated. When they came back to the United States, though, they didn't play it in Las Vegas.

Perhaps I'm being too hard on it. I'm just telling you what I've observed and how I feel.

For the LROOE tour, it was right and appropriate that they play tracks off of the then-new album, and I didn't mind it at all. In fact, I admired their courage when they put in so many new songs and I enjoyed hearing them live.

However, now it's time for the 40th Anniversary tour. There's no new album to promote. It's time to re-evaluate what should be included and what shouldn't. I vote for "shouldn't" in this case.

Henley Honey
01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Indeed, even I enjoyed it live the first few times I heard it in concert. It was only when the setlist was shortened that I started to become impatient with it and weary of it. It was taking up too much of the little time we had.

For the LROOE tour, it was right and appropriate that they play tracks off of the then-new album, and I didn't mind it at all. In fact, I admired their courage when they put in so many new songs and I enjoyed hearing them live.

However, now it's time for the 40th Anniversary tour. There's no new album to promote. It's time to re-evaluate what should be included and what shouldn't. I vote for "shouldn't" in this case.

I couldn't agree more on all three points. I'd much rather have a 2 for 1 ratio in the shortened set list and as Joe said -- "everybody's seen our show". I'd love for them to make an old song new again by revamping and shaking up the set list.

EaglesKiwi
02-01-2012, 04:02 AM
I know I've said this before in other threads (oh & thanks for cleaning up & reposting us over here Soda!) but I LOVED hearing LROOE live - for the first time. So did my husband who is not a hard core fan. That was the song that convinced him they really are serious, creative musicians and not just about nostalgia and raking in the $$$$$$. We didn't think for a heartbeat that it was dragging on, we were too busy absorbing, appreciating and marveling at this new masterpiece.

I can't comment on whether or not it works in a festival setting since I've never experienced that, but if they are looking at doing anything indoors and 2 1/2 hours or more for their 40th anniversary (:pray:), I would love to see LROOE included. (But maybe they could cut down on the Arabian wind noises ;)).

I would also like to see the 40th anniversary reflect the whole 40 years, acknowledging the new album as well as the older stuff. Since I'm hoping we get a new concert DVD out of this tour, I'd like some songs that aren't already on Farewell 1 and HFO.

And I want them to have fun too - so I guess if that means having some of their choice of songs rather than ours, that's good too... AS LONG AS I ACTUALLY GET TO SEE THE ONE OF THE SHOWS!!!

bostoneagle
03-13-2012, 01:15 AM
As a rookie to this site, I have two thoughts on the 40th anniversary tour.

One, I would love to see them perform some of the songs they either always or sometimes leave out (NKIT, Victim, Those Shoes, Seven Bridges, Last Resort) but even more importantly do a couple songs the way they used to be played in the 70's - Witchy Woman with the incredible 2-3 minute guitar/drum intro and Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

Two, for a band with as many great songs as the Eagles, I always wondered why they wouldn't do a couple fan weekends a year where they play two shows in a single city in a weekend (ie Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun) and split the set lists so you get 30 songs night one, and 30 songs with only 10-12 crossover night two. So all these songs listed above, Sad Cafe, LROE, more solo songs, etc. could be included without cutting off other hit songs. It would also make for a GREAT blu-ray package; 50-60 songs on one package live?

sodascouts
03-13-2012, 03:26 AM
That intro to Witchy Woman sure is cool! I know what you're talking about, bostoneagle. Here's a 1 minute version of that intro from the BBC 1973 show:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcogzw_witchy-woman-eagles_music

Two, for a band with as many great songs as the Eagles, I always wondered why they wouldn't do a couple fan weekends a year where they play two shows in a single city in a weekend (ie Fri/Sat or Fri/Sun) and split the set lists so you get 30 songs night one, and 30 songs with only 10-12 crossover night two. So all these songs listed above, Sad Cafe, LROE, more solo songs, etc. could be included without cutting off other hit songs. It would also make for a GREAT blu-ray package; 50-60 songs on one package live?

That would be too awesome for words! However, I don't wonder why they don't do it... it would probably be very difficult logistically. I think there aren't too many artists who would do such a thing. Like I said, though, it would sure be amazing!

Welcome, BTW!

TimothyBFan
03-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Welcome bostoneagle!!! I love the idea!!:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome, BostonEagle!

bostoneagle
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I realize the logistics of a two date show with a lot of songs would be a logistical problem, especially with how tight the band likes to be and the lights/graphics; they would have to handle it more like some of the solo tours where Don will mix in some covers of songs he heard "in his pickup truck" without any glossy arrangements and light show.

In this case, the covers would just be their own stuff!

Can't believe I haven't been on this board yet. Not only was an Eagles concert my first date with my wife of 18 years, but at the end of every week we unwind with a bottle of wine and an Eagles DVD on Friday night. I never get tired of it. I'm glad you're all as crazy as we are.

Henley Honey
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Nothing crazy about that! Welcome!

EaglesKiwi
03-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I realize the logistics of a two date show with a lot of songs would be a logistical problem, especially with how tight the band likes to be and the lights/graphics; they would have to handle it more like some of the solo tours where Don will mix in some covers of songs he heard "in his pickup truck" without any glossy arrangements and light show.

In this case, the covers would just be their own stuff!

Can't believe I haven't been on this board yet. Not only was an Eagles concert my first date with my wife of 18 years, but at the end of every week we unwind with a bottle of wine and an Eagles DVD on Friday night. I never get tired of it. I'm glad you're all as crazy as we are.
What a fantastic way to end your week!

And I have to say, I nearly fell off my chair at the thought of two DIFFERENT shows in one weekend. Oh my. :partytime:

You know I've always been a dreamer... but apparently I haven't been dreaming big enough! :rofl:

Brooke
03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
be, wonderful idea! I'd love it, but I doubt it'll ever happen. But we can dream!

Welcome to the Border! You sound like the rest of us around here! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome, bostoneagle! glad to have you on The Border. My husband & I will often watch Hell Freezes Over late at night & never tire of it! :thumbsup: Like the idea of the wine. I must break out a bottle next time we watch it!

lizzyplays
03-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Welcome bostoneagle! I'm new here too... just joined a few days ago myself. Like yourself, I can't believe I never thought to look for a fan club to be a part of, being a die hard Eagles fan all of my life.

Topkat
03-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I really don't think doing 2 different shows in a city is that difficult. Other bands do this. I know that Steely Dan does a 5 night week in NYC almost every year. Each night is a different show. They do an album each night & then, like a greatest hits on one night. People love this because they can see the show of their favorite album or the HITS show if they prefer that.
I don't see 2 different shows as such a problem. They have sure played all these songs enough.
I think this is a SUPER FANTASTIC IDEA!!!:grooving:
Wish they would do this!

EaglesKiwi
03-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Thinking about the 2 shows a bit more, it's a fantastic idea, but I also think that they could, unfortunately, cop a lot of criticism from people who think they are "holding back" just to get more money from people.

One way that they could get around that is with something similar to Kylie Minogue's "anti tour". After touring with her full-blown Aphrodite tour (all the hits, spectacular staging etc) she is doing a couple of shows in Sydney and Melbourne that are "rarities, demos and b-sides", designed just for the hardcore fans, in small venues. Complete with anti-scalping measures (you can only buy 2 tickets and you and your ticket-mate must pick them up in advance, in person, with photo id)... and the shows sold out in about 3 minutes. :)

Something like that could work... although even with 2 shows there may be songs that they just don't want to perform any more, for valid reasons (such as Glenn not being comfortable with the vocal range any more).

Topkat
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Thinking about the 2 shows a bit more, it's a fantastic idea, but I also think that they could, unfortunately, cop a lot of criticism from people who think they are "holding back" just to get more money from people.

One way that they could get around that is with something similar to Kylie Minogue's "anti tour". After touring with her full-blown Aphrodite tour (all the hits, spectacular staging etc) she is doing a couple of shows in Sydney and Melbourne that are "rarities, demos and b-sides", designed just for the hardcore fans, in small venues. Complete with anti-scalping measures (you can only buy 2 tickets and you and your ticket-mate must pick them up in advance, in person, with photo id)... and the shows sold out in about 3 minutes. :)

Something like that could work... although even with 2 shows there may be songs that they just don't want to perform any more, for valid reasons (such as Glenn not being comfortable with the vocal range any more).

This could never work for the Eagles. If Kylie Minoque sold out in 3 minutes, can you imagine... there would be a war over the Eagles tickets. They can't get away with doing a small venue. It would have to be 2 big shows. If people want to go to both, so be it, but if they want to attend one, they can choose which they prefer. I don't see that it's such a big deal to do this.

sodascouts
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
It's a lovely idea, but for the Eagles to do it... well, let's just say it's not very likely. Stranger things have happened, of course, but if it were no big deal to do such a thing, why wouldn't it be commonplace? You can think of a few who do it, but it's hardly something that bands do all the time.

StephUK
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I haven't thought up my dream set list, but I had an idea for the 40th Anniversary set list.
It's often been said here that Timothy doesn't get to sing lead vocal often enough; well I guess that's partly because he wasn't with the Eagles from the begining.
So I thought, what about bringing some of Randy's songs into the set and giving Timothy the lead vocal? One that springs to my mind immediately is 'Try and Love again'. I can imagine Timothy singing that & I'm sure he'd make a very good job of it.

I'd be interested to know if any Borderers agree, or can think of any other songs he could sing lead on. Or is it a silly suggestion?

Topkat
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
This is my dream set list & I'm sticking to it.
I want to see more LROOE & less like an Oldies Greatest Hits List...
Timothy needs to be singing at least 3 songs in the show. To have him sing only 1 lead is just an outrage to us TBS fans!

1. Hotel California
2. Victim of Love
3. New Kid in Town
4. Peaceful Easy Feelin'
5. One of These Nights
6. Lyin' Eyes
7. Tequila Sunrise
8. Try & Love Again
9. I Can't Tell You Why
10. Heart of the Matter
11. Boys of Summer
12. Funk 49
13. Dirty Laundry
14. Life's Been Good
15. Life In the fast Lane
16. Smuggler's Blues
17. Already Gone
18. Love Will Keep Us Alive
19. Waiting In the Weeds
20. It's Your World Now
21. What do I do With My Heart
22. How Long
23. Fast Company
24. Busy Being Fabulous
25. Take it to the Limit

ENCORE: Heartache Tonight
Rocky Mountain Way
Take it Easy

Tori
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
I haven't thought up my dream set list, but I had an idea for the 40th Anniversary set list.
It's often been said here that Timothy doesn't get to sing lead vocal often enough; well I guess that's partly because he wasn't with the Eagles from the begining.
So I thought, what about bringing some of Randy's songs into the set and giving Timothy the lead vocal? One that springs to my mind immediately is 'Try and Love again'. I can imagine Timothy singing that & I'm sure he'd make a very good job of it.

I'd be interested to know if any Borderers agree, or can think of any other songs he could sing lead on. Or is it a silly suggestion?

I like this idea and have thought about it too... I think Timothy would perform Try And Love Again fantastically.

Freypower
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I am sure he has stated in the past that he would have felt uncomfortable attempting to sing Randy's songs. Just because they were/are both bass players doesn't necessarily mean Randy's songs are right for Tim.

From what I am hearing they are going to revamp it completely & start from the beginning. This would mean no more ending with the Henley-dominated Desperado.

timfan
05-07-2012, 06:14 PM
As FP said Timothy has been quite clear that he is not going to sing Randy's songs. I believe I remember it came up when the Eagles wished to start performing TITTL again; apparently they asked Timothy to perform it and he respectfully declined, so Glenn performs it.

Topkat
05-07-2012, 06:52 PM
As FP said Timothy has been quite clear that he is not going to sing Randy's songs. I believe I remember it came up when the Eagles wished to start performing TITTL again; apparently they asked Timothy to perform it and he respectfully declined, so Glenn performs it.

I do remember Tim saying he didn't want to sing TITTL, but I think he would be amazing on Try and Love Again. Besides, that was ages ago. Maybe he would reconsider & do T&LA. That song hasn't been done in ages...Sure would love to hear Timmy do it!

timfan
05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Well since Timothy did not want to sing TITTL because of his respect for Randy it is highly unlikely he would sing any of Randy's other songs.

zeldabjr
05-07-2012, 07:49 PM

I wonder why he is so hesitant to do Randy's songs...did Randy write the ones that have been mentioned? I can see it if he wrote them... otherwise I don't get it...It's not like Timothy B had anything to do with him leaving...I say you're an Eagle...sing the darn songs Timothy!:heart:....yeah I know he's not likely to ever change his mind.

zeldabjr
05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
This is my dream set list & I'm sticking to it.
I want to see more LROOE & less like an Oldies Greatest Hits List...
Timothy needs to be singing at least 3 songs in the show. To have him sing only 1 lead is just an outrage to us TBS fans!

1. Hotel California
2. Victim of Love
3. New Kid in Town
4. Peaceful Easy Feelin'
5. One of These Nights
6. Lyin' Eyes
7. Tequila Sunrise
8. Try & Love Again
9. I Can't Tell You Why
10. Heart of the Matter
11. Boys of Summer
12. Funk 49
13. Dirty Laundry
14. Life's Been Good
15. Life In the fast Lane
16. Smuggler's Blues
17. Already Gone
18. Love Will Keep Us Alive
19. Waiting In the Weeds
20. It's Your World Now
21. What do I do With My Heart
22. How Long
23. Fast Company
24. Busy Being Fabulous
25. Take it to the Limit

ENCORE: Heartache Tonight
Rocky Mountain Way
Take it Easy

Ok you know I'm with you TK...such a waste of that voice to have him only do one song...OH don't get me started on this topic..I won't shut up!:crazy::spin:

Freypower
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I do remember Tim saying he didn't want to sing TITTL, but I think he would be amazing on Try and Love Again. Besides, that was ages ago. Maybe he would reconsider & do T&LA. That song hasn't been done in ages...Sure would love to hear Timmy do it!

I don't think his voice is strong enough for TALA. This is no disrespect to him but when has he ever sung a song like that? His voice is much softer, more mellow. And yes, Randy wrote TALA & co-wrote TITTL. I believe, as TF has said, the point is moot. I do agree that he should have more than one lead in this revamped setlist; I would go with Do Something.

EaglesKiwi
05-08-2012, 04:46 AM
I don't think his voice is strong enough for TALA. This is no disrespect to him but when has he ever sung a song like that? His voice is much softer, more mellow. And yes, Randy wrote TALA & co-wrote TITTL. I believe, as TF has said, the point is moot. I do agree that he should have more than one lead in this revamped setlist; I would go with Do Something.
I can't really comment on whether he could sing TALA, I'm just not that musical :cry:. But I thought he showed a much broader range on Expando than he does usually in Eagles shows.

Tim may feel differently about "other" Randy songs. I personally would describe TITTL as Randy's signature song, and I can understand Tim not wanting to be seen as taking that over. However he may be willing to consider the less well-known songs?

I agree on Do Something, I think it would play well live. I Don't Want To Hear Anymore didn't so much when I heard it in Melbourne - but that may have been a sound-mixing issue (it just didn't sound like it was filling the arena, and yet his other songs were gorgeous).

TimothyBFan
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Instead of Randy songs, why not just add a solo or 2? We have plenty of Joe & Don solos. Just saying......

Topkat
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM

I do think that Timothy could sing TALA. Timothy has sung much more than just soft mellow vocals. He sang other types of songs in Poco. And What ever happened to Love Will Keep Us Alive? That was done on HFO tour & I think other tours as well, Suddenly, it's been dropped...I don't think adding Do Something would be a good pick. Would rather hear Keep On Tryin' which got a boost of interest when it was played on the TV show Bones. Suddenly tons of people were watching it on YouTube.

Actually I would love to hear NY Minute from Don again...I think they need to bring back some songs they haven't done that much recently

whitcap
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd love to see Timothy do more songs in the set but I agree with Willie that they should be his songs and not Randy's. Especially not Try and Love Again. That's one of the few Eagles songs that Randy wrote by himself. It's also a bit personal (his marriage was falling apart when he wrote it.)

Freypower
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I do think that Timothy could sing TALA. Timothy has sung much more than just soft mellow vocals. He sang other types of songs in Poco. And What ever happened to Love Will Keep Us Alive? That was done on HFO tour & I think other tours as well, Suddenly, it's been dropped...I don't think adding Do Something would be a good pick. Would rather hear Keep On Tryin' which got a boost of interest when it was played on the TV show Bones. Suddenly tons of people were watching it on YouTube.

Actually I would love to hear NY Minute from Don again...I think they need to bring back some songs they haven't done that much recently

What happened to LWKUA is the same as what happened to No More Cloudy Days & Waiting In The Weeds. The entire acoustic segment has been dropped.

I take it you are not a fan of Do Something, which is one of my favourite tracks on LROOE.

StephUK
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I hear what you're all saying - as I said that's what I wanted, for you to tell me your thoughts on the idea. If Timothy feels that way then enough said.

I know many of you will disagree with me but I'd like the set list for the 40th Anniversary Tour to be more EAGLES and less solo songs. Not that I don't like the solo songs, far from it: and I'm not saying drop ALL of the solo songs but maybe 1 each is enough. Then they can get some more Eagles songs in (we have to bear in mind that they have been reducing the length of the shows recently).

I'd also like more from LROOE in the set, bring back WITW, LROOE and Somebody, and a couple more.

As I said before, Timothy doesn't have as many older songs to call on as the others, but yes, I agree he should do about 3.

I'm sure whatever happens they won't be able to please all of us!

Topkat
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
What happened to LWKUA is the same as what happened to No More Cloudy Days & Waiting In The Weeds. The entire acoustic segment has been dropped.

I take it you are not a fan of Do Something, which is one of my favourite tracks on LROOE.

It is upsetting that the acoustic set was dropped, but we are talking about a revamp for the 40 year anniversary tour. They need to bring that stuff back! I love WITW also. Its just that LWKUA is the only other song TBS sang. If TALA is not possible, then I'm just trying to think of other songs for TBS. Like I said to have him do 1 song is practically criminal! I am not really a fan of Do Something. I would rather something else.....ANYTHING, just give TBS a song to sing!!! PLEASE:depressed:

timfan
05-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Hopefully with what Glenn has said about a possible History of Eagles tour in 2013 a good number of the acoustic songs will return to the set. I do think if they do a "History of the Eagles Tour" LWKUA will be included as I believe it was the biggest hit from HFO.

StephUK
05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
This is the kind of set list I'd like; I know it's 31 songs which is a long show, but we are talking 'wish lists' here.
It's not definitive, it depends how I'm feeling are the time I write it - if I wrote it again sometime I might change a song or two - who knows. But basically I think it shows that I'd like a 'bit of everything', accoustic, harmony, instrumental, rockin', solo songs and the good old sing-along hits.

1. Take it Easy
2. Heartache Tonight
3. Witchy Woman
4. Do Something
5. On the Border
6. Guilty of the Crime
7. Dirty Laundry

8. LROOE
9. I dreamed there was no war
10. Center of the Universe
11. Love will keep us alive
12. Lyin’ Eyes
13. You never cry like a Lover
14. All she wants to do is dance

15. Life’s been good
16. Try and Love again
17. I don’t want to hear anymore
18. On the Border
19. Take it to the Limit

20. Tequila Sunrise
21. Waiting in the Weeds
22. Somebody
23. Best of my Love
24. In the City
25. Life in the Fast Lane
26. Already Gone

1st encore
27. Hotel California
28. Walk Away
29. Doolin’ Dalton/Desperado reprise

2nd encore
30. The Sad Cafe
31. Peaceful Easy Feeling

Topkat
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM
The one thing I can say is that I DO NOT want to hear DESPERADO as the final encore song! That has been done to death already....
Take It Easy should be the final song, as it was their very first hit!
As for Sad Cafe, that is not an encore song in my book. I don't mind it in the show, but not the encore. Just MHO:rockguitar:

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 12:02 AM
The one thing I can say is that I DO NOT want to hear DESPERADO as the final encore song! That has been done to death already....
As for Sad Cafe, that is not an encore song in my book. I don't mind it in the show, but not the encore. Just MHO:rockguitar:

I don't feel at all qualified to talk about how they should revamp the setlist having only seen them once(can't believe I can say that now), but I do like the idea of Take It Easy being last...very fitting I think...and of course more TBS in the show...otherwise I love anything they want to sing for me!

TimothyBFan
05-09-2012, 07:45 AM
I know many of you will disagree with me but I'd like the set list for the 40th Anniversary Tour to be more EAGLES and less solo songs. Not that I don't like the solo songs, far from it: and I'm not saying drop ALL of the solo songs but maybe 1 each is enough. Then they can get some more Eagles songs in (we have to bear in mind that they have been reducing the length of the shows recently).

Actually Steph, I believe there's a lot of us here that totally agree with you. I've said it often, it's an Eagles concert, I want to hear Eagles music. It's not like there's not much to choose from for goodness sake. And I'll say it again, with the current setlist, I will not be seeing them again. I pay for an Eagles concert, not a Don Henley and Joe Walsh show. I love their music but wish to see them solo at their own shows. Sorry if it sounds harsh but you asked. :shy:

sodascouts
05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree in theory but to be fair with regard to Joe, he only has four Eagles songs to his name, only two of which are rockers which is what they want from him (although I wish they'd bring back the beautiful "Pretty Maids"). Plus, "Life's Been Good" appeared on Eagles Live so you could argue it's an Eagles song (the same is true for "All Night Long," though they don't play that).

As for Don, yeah, they can get rid of all his solo stuff. They've got plenty of Eagles material to choose from there.

I agree it's gotten out of control when solo songs make up 30% of the setlist.

TimothyBFan
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree in theory but to be fair with regard to Joe, he only has four Eagles songs to his name, only two of which are rockers which is what they want from him (although I wish they'd bring back the beautiful "Pretty Maids"). Plus, "Life's Been Good" appeared on Eagles Live so you could argue it's an Eagles song (the same is true for "All Night Long," though they don't play that).

As for Don, yeah, they can get rid of all his solo stuff. They've got plenty of Eagles material to choose from there.

I agree it's gotten out of control when solo songs make up 30% of the setlist.

And Timothy only has 4 (2 that people actually know). Granted they're not rockers but if we're using the logic that because Joe doesn't have many Eagles songs he sings, he's being given solo songs to sing, then I believe Timothy is due a few also. I'm not trying to be snarky but he's as much of an Eagle as Joe and should be treated as so. Hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm freaking tired of the disrespect for him. But if he doesn't seem to care, why should I, huh? :headscratch:

As for Life's Been Good, even tho it was played on Eagles Live, I still remember it from a couple years before that off of But Seriously, Folks... and I loved it then.

sodascouts
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I understand your frustration, Willie, but I was talking about why there are so many Joe solo songs in the set, not why he has more songs than Tim. That's a whole 'nother can of worms!

TimothyBFan
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm afraid I'm not understanding then. If we are adding Joe solo songs because there isn't enough Joe Eagles songs, how is that different that Timothy and why aren't his solo songs being added also? Am I being dense? :headscratch:

sodascouts
05-09-2012, 12:10 PM
No, you're not dense, you're just missing my point, which was that it might be difficult to drop Joe's solo songs from the setlist when revamping it.

But who says we have to stick to that subject? Let's talk about Tim!

Tim's solo songs don't get added because nobody knows them. Perhaps they could work in the better-known Poco song "Keep on Tryin'" as they've done in the past. However, if that happens, won't we be getting further away from the goal of keeping this an Eagles show and not a show full of solo material?

TimothyBFan
05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Tim's solo songs don't get added because nobody knows them.

:weep:I'm only one person and can only spread the word so far!!! :weep:

Seriously, I guess I understand and I'd rather not see anyone's, including Timothy's, solo songs in the set list (or if we just HAVE to have them, then limited and equal between all MEMBERS of the band.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that the way it stands, with so many solo songs in the set, I think they all should get solo songs, including Timothy & Glenn. I know there'd be a chance we might lose the audience for awhile when Timothy sings them because no one knows them but I choose to believe the opposite, he might gain a few solo fans once they hear them. Let's face it, most Eagles fans like ICTYW or it wouldn't be one of their biggest hits, maybe given a chance, people would like his voice on other stuff. Just dreaming, I guess.

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Actually Steph, I believe there's a lot of us here that totally agree with you. I've said it often, it's an Eagles concert, I want to hear Eagles music. It's not like there's not much to choose from for goodness sake. And I'll say it again, with the current setlist, I will not be seeing them again. I pay for an Eagles concert, not a Don Henley and Joe Walsh show. I love their music but wish to see them solo at their own shows. Sorry if it sounds harsh but you asked. :shy:

totally agree with less solo stuff

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
:weep:I'm only one person and can only spread the word so far!!! :weep:

Seriously, I guess I understand and I'd rather not see anyone's, including Timothy's, solo songs in the set list (or if we just HAVE to have them, then limited and equal between all MEMBERS of the band.)

I guess what I was trying to say is that the way it stands, with so many solo songs in the set, I think they all should get solo songs, including Timothy & Glenn. I know there'd be a chance we might lose the audience for awhile when Timothy sings them because no one knows them but I choose to believe the opposite, he might gain a few solo fans once they hear them. Let's face it, most Eagles fans like ICTYW or it wouldn't be one of their biggest hits, maybe given a chance, people would like his voice on other stuff. Just dreaming, I guess.

You may be only one person, but you know I'm with you! Maybe I'm naive but I don't think you'd lose the audience if Timothy sang a solo song...his voice is too beautiful to waste...but I feel like we're fighting a losing battle:cry:

EaglesKiwi
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I didn't know any LROOE songs (except NMCD) when I saw them - and I loved what I heard. Came out of the concert & knew I had to get the album.

When I saw CSN I only knew about half the songs - and still enjoyed it.

I'm sure a well-chosen Tim song would gain him new (solo material) fans. For example, "Parachute" would work well with Eagles harmonies.

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
I didn't know any LROOE songs (except NMCD) when I saw them - and I loved what I heard. Came out of the concert & knew I had to get the album.

When I saw CSN I only knew about half the songs - and still enjoyed it.

I'm sure a well-chosen Tim song would gain him new (solo material) fans. For example, "Parachute" would work well with Eagles harmonies.

I think Parachute would be a great choice!

Tori
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Same here. When I saw LROOE, I didn't know most songs off the album except How Long and Busy Being Fabulous. I remember hearing WITW for the first time and sitting there in amazement at how awesome of a song it was. On the subject of Timothy's solo work, I don't know much of it - but I'd be very willing to hear it in concert.

timfan
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
The Joe Walsh issue is one I had thought of with the possiblilty of the 2013 tour being a History of the Eagles. Do others really think they could drop Life's Been Good? If it was to be a genuine History of the Eagles show you'd think they would but I don't see that being very easy to do as it is one of the highlights of the current show.

GlennLover
05-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm not a fan of the solo songs being included either., not even Glenn's. I want to hear Eagles' songs at an Eagles concert! I guess one each one for each member would be OK, but how would they fit into the history of the band? I guess if they played their songs sequentially as Glenn has suggested, the solo songs could be done duing their "14 year vacation, but not all the solo songs come from that period. I also concede that Joe's song's are always applauded by the critics as livening up the show. I still think he does too many. Surely they can come up with an exciting show using the history concept!

Freypower
05-09-2012, 06:34 PM
The Joe Walsh issue is one I had thought of with the possiblilty of the 2013 tour being a History of the Eagles. Do others really think they could drop Life's Been Good? If it was to be a genuine History of the Eagles show you'd think they would but I don't see that being very easy to do as it is one of the highlights of the current show.

Yes; they can drop Life's Been Good. It is time, as others have said, to make this show about the Eagles.

Topkat
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not a fan of the solo songs being included either., not even Glenn's. I want to hear Eagles' songs at an Eagles concert! I guess one each one for each member would be OK, but how would they fit into the history of the band? I guess if they played their songs sequentially as Glenn has suggested, the solo songs could be done duing their "14 year vacation, but not all the solo songs come from that period. I also concede that Joe's song's are always applauded by the critics as livening up the show. I still think he does too many. Surely they can come up with an exciting show using the history concept!

I agree, there are too many solo songs in the show. They should add more songs from LROOE. Joe has too many solos, even though they liven up the show, the Eagles have enough material to do a mostly Eagles show with 1 or 2 solos in there. With them all having new solo albums out, they shouldn't be putting that into the show either. I can't see them putting in songs from Glenn's new cd or Joe's & Timothy's. That just wouldn't be a 40 year anniversary show. If anything, they should go back to some of the older songs they have dropped from the set list & add LROOE. The entire 40 year span of the Eagles! That's what I want to see!:rockguitar:

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I agree, there are too many solo songs in the show. They should add more songs from LROOE. Joe has too many solos, even though they liven up the show, the Eagles have enough material to do a mostly Eagles show with 1 or 2 solos in there. With them all having new solo albums out, they shouldn't be putting that into the show either. I can't see them putting in songs from Glenn's new cd or Joe's & Timothy's. That just wouldn't be a 40 year anniversary show. If anything, they should go back to some of the older songs they have dropped from the set list & add LROOE. The entire 40 year span of the Eagles! That's what I want to see!:rockguitar:

there's the rub TK...which 1 or 2 solos, and who decides?

Topkat
05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
there's the rub TK...which 1 or 2 solos, and who decides?

Well, we sure don't! I'll let them pick! LOL

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, we sure don't! I'll let them pick! LOL

it would be awfully difficult to do...we don't want any fighting...

StephUK
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
From what I'm reading here it seems that, like myself, most of you would like the Anniversary set list to be made up mainly of Eagles songs. This does mean that Don & Glenn would have most lead vocals, due to them being the founder members.
With Joe & Timothy being in the band for 3 and 2 studio albums respectively(out of the 7) obviously they have less lead vocals.

However, as I'm sure I've said before, with many of the Eagles songs the harmonies are ultra important, so it's not all about who sings lead vocal. The whole is greater than the sum of the individuals. That's what makes them the EAGLES.
They each have a solo career but that is OUTSIDE of the Eagles. While I have no objection to them adding solo songs to the Eagles set as they have always done, I agree that recently they've been overdoing it!!

It's also about the musicianship - e.g. Don might sing lead on LITFL but is that more important that Joe's great guitar playing?
The way I see it, each individual makes a valuable contribution to every song.

Please TBS don't think that none of us value Timothy because he only takes the lead vocal on a couple of songs. His alto harmonies are SO important, and he's a great bass player.

The majority of bands only have one lead singer. The Eagles are unusual in having 4 members who can all sing lead vocals.

StephUK
05-10-2012, 07:59 PM

Funnily enough TopKat I struggled with where Sad Cafe should come in the set - I wanted it in, but wherever I put it, it didn't feel right.

Then I got to thinking about the lyrics, and this being a 40th Anniversary set.
In a general sense the song is about having youthful hopes & dreams, growing up & realising that some of those dreams come true, some don't.
So coupling it up with Peaceful Easy Feeling as the final encore then seemed right as a 'final comment' on their long career - The initial dreams, the good times & bad along the way, and the PEF they have now that overall it's turned out OK, it's been a good life.

I appreciate that this is my personal way of viewing it.

That's the great thing about lyrics(and also poetry), that each person interprets it in their own way, often regardless of what the writer had in mind.

'Things in this life change very slowly of they ever change at all. No use in asking why, it just turned out that way'.

Topkat
05-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Steph, I can see your reason for putting Sad Cafe at the end, but to me the encore has to be the REALLY BIG SONGS. Even Hotel California could be in the encore. Sad Cafe is a song some people don't even know, plus it's just kind of sad & a downer song.

TimothyBFan
05-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Please TBS don't think that none of us value Timothy because he only takes the lead vocal on a couple of songs. His alto harmonies are SO important, and he's a great bass player.

The majority of bands only have one lead singer. The Eagles are unusual in having 4 members who can all sing lead vocals.

Oh, I know that Steph and totally agree with it. I'm never talking about Eagles songs when referring to Timothy getting more of a chance to sing.I am fine with Timothy doing harmony on the Eagles music. It's the fact that they put so much solo stuff into the set and it's always only 2 of the members solo stuff. That's when I get really vocal about it.

StephUK
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Steph, I can see your reason for putting Sad Cafe at the end, but to me the encore has to be the REALLY BIG SONGS. Even Hotel California could be in the encore. Sad Cafe is a song some people don't even know, plus it's just kind of sad & a downer song.

Hotel California was in the encore on the F1 tour.

As I said I struggled with placing Sad Cafe within my set list:headscratch: - I'd be interest to know where Borderers think in might fit in.:hmm:

Windeagle
05-11-2012, 03:12 PM

As I said I struggled with placing Sad Cafe within my set list:headscratch: - I'd be interest to know where Borderers think in might fit in.:hmm:

I can see both points. I think it would make a good closer for the DVD documentary, but maybe not for a live show when you'd want something either more uptempo or more well-known.

Topkat
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM

I'll have to go & watch that again. I didn't remember that HC was the encore on F1 tour. Was it the last song? because the last song of the show is usually Desperado. I need to watch F1 again. I haven't seen it in a long time.

As for Sad Cafe. I didn't have it on my dream set list. It's not really one of my favorite songs. There are just too many better songs in my opinion, but that's just me.

Brooke
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
So, I'm thinking that if they are going to revamp the setlist, then we should get at least a couple songs from each studio album, and maybe more if they could handle it. A forty year retrospective:

Here's my wish list:

From Eagles:

1.Take It Easy-where it all started!
2. Witchy Woman
3. Peaceful Easy Feeling

From Desperado:
4. Out of Control
5. Tequila Sunrise
6. Desperado
7. Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise

From On The Border:
8. Already Gone
9. Best of My Love
10.Good Day In Hell

From One of These Nights:
11. OOTN
12. Lyin' Eyes
13. After The Thrill Is Gone
14. Take It To The Limit

From Hotel California:
15. HC
16. New Kid In Town
17. Life In The Fast Lane
18. Pretty Maids All In A Row

From The Long Run:
19. TLR
20. I Can't Tell You Why
21. Heartache Tonight
22. In The City

From Greatest Hits II

23. Seven Bridges Road

At this point they could each do a solo song, if they must have them:

Glenn-Smugglers Blues
Don-Heart of the Matter
Joe-Life's Been Good
Tim-Parachute

From Long Road Out Of Eden:
24. How Long
25. Waiting In The Weeds
26. Somebody
27. Long Road Out of Eden

I'm stuck as far as a closer though. They could do Do Something. A nice thought to go home on, but I prefer Glenn to have a part besides background. Still thinking on that one. :hmm:

I realize that there aren't many "different songs", but it is a celebration of 40 years of magnificent songs! The songs most everyone knows and loves. 32 of 'em! :lol:

Freypower
05-11-2012, 05:41 PM
That's probably closest to what I would have Brooke, but instead of TLR & ITC, which are two of my least favourite currently performed songs, I would have King Of Hollywood & The Sad Cafe. I know they have never performed The Sad Cafe but as Steph said it would fit the mood. I am well aware that Don seems to think TLR is their 'theme song' but I'm afraid I don't share this view. It leaves me cold.

I still think they should finish with Take It Easy and you can call me biased, but there it is.

Hotel California was the first encore of the F1 tour. I don't mind them putting it back there if they feel they must. I think it's high time that Desperado was removed, that's all. We want the entire band to be showcased at the end, not one member.

StephUK
05-11-2012, 07:40 PM
As Freypower says Take it Easy would be a good closer - I went for Peaceful Easy Feeling, but I'd be happy with either.

I like them ending the main set with a fast & lively song, as they have done in the past with LITFL, then having a 1st encore with 2 more fast & lively songs, as they have with Joe's Rocky Mountain Way & Don's All she wants to do is dance, and then in the 2nd encore, taking it back down with songs like TIE and Desperado. This format works well for me.(I'm not suggesting it should be those specific songs, just that I like the format).
When I saw them in Reno in 2010, we only got the 1st encore 'cos someone set the fire alarm off & there was total confusion. It didn't feel right; the show hadn't ended properly for me.
Using an analogy to explain it, the Eagles going off stage at that point and not returning was like your partner getting out of bed immediately after sex instead of giving you a cuddle for a while!:censored:
They do need to round out the show with a suitable ending.

Topkat
05-11-2012, 07:59 PM
I also had "Take it Easy" as the last song. I do not even have Desperado on the set list. I am over that song.

My encore is listed as:
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy

We have no say in what the set list will be, so we will all be surprised. I'm sure there will always be some songs missing that we like, but it won't be possible to do all their songs...Oh wait...maybe they should do that! A nice really long show.

I just really wish they would put back in the acoustic set. That is always just so perfect & really shows off the great voices of each of them! That is just the one thing I am really hoping will happen.

StephUK
05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
You're so right TopKat. We don't have any say, and they can't please all of the people all of the time!
We do know that there are people in the Eagles camp who read these boards from time to time, so who knows? some of our thoughts may filter back.

I'm totally with you about the acoustic part of the set. I want it back. I love it.

StephUK
05-11-2012, 08:30 PM
P.S. I didn't have Desperado in my set list either.

EaglesKiwi
05-13-2012, 04:39 AM
I love Sad Cafe and Desperado - and would like both of them in the setlist. Where in the setlist I'll leave up to the boys! Would also love to have the acoustic set back, please.

TimothyBFan
05-14-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm stuck as far as a closer though. They could do Do Something. A nice thought to go home on, but I prefer Glenn to have a part besides background. Still thinking on that one. :hmm:

I realize that there aren't many "different songs", but it is a celebration of 40 years of magnificent songs! The songs most everyone knows and loves. 32 of 'em! :lol:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Schoey5107
05-15-2012, 02:45 AM
I agree with the majority of you and think they should drop most, if not all of their solo stuff... Here is a list of songs I wish they would add to the set list ...

New Kid In Town (If Glenn can't sing it, let Don or Timothy sing lead)
Sad Cafe
Last Resort
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Best Of My Love
One Of These Nights
Get Over It
Wasted Time
Pretty Maids All In A Row
Those Shoes
Doolin Dalton

And I would love nothing more if they brought back Randy for the 40th Anniversary and he could sing...

Take It To The Limit
Certain Kind Of Fool
Try and Love Again

Also wouldn't mind if Glenn and Don both sang lead on Desperado...Glenn could sing lead on the first half and Don could finish....

WalshFan88
05-15-2012, 04:22 AM
I would want to see the solo songs, myself. I'd be fine with one per member. For Joe it HAS to be Life's Been Good, as I prefer that song in the band rather than solo (love the twin solo and the backup vocals). LBG is right on the fence for me and close to being a requirement for me. For Don, definitely The Boys Of Summer. That's his big hit. For Glenn, preferably The Heat Is On. For Tim, Parachute or something like that.

As far as Eagles songs, here are the songs I'd like to hear. I'll list in order of release.

Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Desperado
Tequila Sunrise
Already Gone
James Dean
The Best Of My Love
One Of These Nights
Take It To The Limit
Lyin' Eyes
Hotel California
New Kid In Town
Life In The Fast Lane
Victim Of Love
The Long Run
Heartache Tonight
In The City
I Can't Tell You Why
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
Love Will Keep Us Alive
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty Of The Crime

TimothyBFan
05-15-2012, 07:26 AM
And I would love nothing more if they brought back Randy for the 40th Anniversary and he could sing...

Take It To The Limit.

Wouldn't that be the most AWESOME thing ever?!?! Nothing against the way Glenn sings it but Randy's vocals on that has always been one of my all time favorite (was THE favorite for years) Eagles songs.

Freypower
05-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree with the majority of you and think they should drop most, if not all of their solo stuff... Here is a list of songs I wish they would add to the set list ...

New Kid In Town (If Glenn can't sing it, let Don or Timothy sing lead)
Sad Cafe
Last Resort
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Best Of My Love
One Of These Nights
Get Over It
Wasted Time
Those Shoes
Doolin Dalton

Take It To The Limit
Certain Kind Of Fool
Try and Love Again

Also wouldn't mind if Glenn and Don both sang lead on Desperado...Glenn could sing lead on the first half and Don could finish....

I'm sorry, but I woul prefer no New Kid In Town to Glenn not singing it. Leave it alone. I feel very strongly about it. I am resigned to its loss.

As for Desperado that is an interesting idea, but it is Don's song with the Eagles. I still think that it should not be an encore & that Don should play drums & Glenn piano on it.

Regarding Randy Meisner, I do not believe there is any chance of that happening.

EaglesKiwi
05-16-2012, 04:35 AM
I agree it's unlikely Randy would perform - a small possibility of a one-off performance, perhaps, but I just can't see him touring with them.

How is his voice holding out nowadays - could Randy still sing Take It To The Limit the same way he performed back in the 70s? (I hope so, would love to hear it live, I just don't think it's ever gonna happen).

TimothyBFan
05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry, but I woul prefer no New Kid In Town to Glenn not singing it. Leave it alone. I feel very strongly about it. I am resigned to its loss.

Regarding Randy Meisner, I do not believe there is any chance of that happening.

I agree about NKIT. I can't imagine or do I think I would want to see it sang by anyone but Glenn.

Of course it's a miniscule chance that Randy would ever do this but we can dream, can't we? After all, it is the 40th anniversary and who knows what kind of surprises might be in store to celebrate it.

GlennLover
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Has anybody heard how Randy's health is now? He has had heart problems hasn't he?

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I was just thinking...I have one song that I'd really love to hear live..."Get Over It"...absolutely love it!

EaglesKiwi
06-02-2012, 02:32 AM
I was just thinking...I have one song that I'd really love to hear live..."Get Over It"...absolutely love it!
Oooh, me too, so much!!

Brooke
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I love it too. I would think they would play it for the HFO significance. Surely!

sodascouts
06-02-2012, 07:38 PM
That song was rockin' and I'd love to hear them do it again, but they might just do LWKUA to represent for HFO. We'll see!

zeldabjr
06-02-2012, 09:47 PM
That song was rockin' and I'd love to hear them do it again, but they might just do LWKUA to represent for HFO. We'll see!

OH I didn't think of that...Eagles...if you're listening...please do LWKUA and Get Over It...pretty please!

lizzyplays
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I still can't believe they have dropped Already Gone. It simply boggles my mind. I obviously would love that added and also Get Over It.

sodascouts
06-09-2012, 04:07 PM
My niece loves "Somebody" and always asks for me to play "The Somebody Song" when I visit so she can dance around to it. However, she's old enough (5 years) to where she's asking me what the song's about and I'm not sure what to say, so I tried to figure out another, less menacing song to play for her. After a few tries, the song that got as big a response as "The Somebody Song" from her was "Already Gone." I've said before I'm think it's the most requested Eagles song to be added, with the exception of NKIT.

Windeagle
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
My niece loves "Somebody" and always asks for me to play "The Somebody Song" when I visit so she can dance around to it. However, she's old enough (5 years) to where she's asking me what the song's about and I'm not sure what to say, so I tried to figure out another, less menacing song to play for her. After a few tries, the song that got as big a response as "The Somebody Song" from her was "Already Gone." I've said before I'm think it's the most requested Eagles song to be added, with the exception of NKIT.

I would have told her it's about Halloween, with the jack-o-lantern moon and all that. That might have held her for a couple more years.

I got good at the gloss-over when my kids were little. I once had them almost convinced that Avril Lavigne was saying "It's a damp cold night" in the song "I'm With You". The real word ended in an "n" instead of a "p", of course.

TimothyBFan
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Love the Halloween idea, WE!!! I admit, we were bad parents, we let our kids listen to everything and never covered any of it up. Nothing like hearing your 5 year old son in the back seat singing along with Ted Nugent to cat scratch fever. Oops!! :shock: Was in a Kohl's shopping a few weeks ago and watched as some little kid was singing Bad Girlfriend, and getting all the words correct. Didn't feel so bad then. ;-)

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 02:23 AM
As long as they add Witchy Woman, my fave Eagles song, I don't mind that Already Gone is already gone :heybaby: After watching the F1Tour DVD it was the one that was missing for me, I so totally love that song..the hguitar riffs, the rhythm..please bring it back!!

And who does the lead on that, it sounds like Don..this was before Timothy's time, wasn't it??

Bring it on back!!:rockon::applause::drummer::band::guitar:

EaglesKiwi
06-11-2012, 03:35 AM
As long as they add Witchy Woman, my fave Eagles song, I don't mind that Already Gone is already gone :heybaby: After watching the F1Tour DVD it was the one that was missing for me, I so totally love that song..the hguitar riffs, the rhythm..please bring it back!!

And who does the lead on that, it sounds like Don..this was before Timothy's time, wasn't it??

Bring it on back!!:rockon::applause::drummer::band::guitar:
Bramwen - Don did the lead vocals on Witchy Woman (& wrote the song together with Bernie). Glenn did lead on Already Gone. (Not sure which one you were asking about ;-)).

They did Witchy Woman when they were in Australia in December 2010 - a bit faster than the recording, and it ROCKED.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Whew! Now I remember why I don't do lists of any kind on the board - it's hard work! After agonizing for days over what should be in the set list and in what order they should be, I'm finally done. But honestly, this list hasn't been finished twenty minutes and I'm already wanting to make changes! Here it is though, for better or worse...

Prettymaid's Idea for a HOTE Tour Set List
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The stage lights are off, but we can first see the backup band members come onstage, and then the four Eagles make their way to their positions - Timothy, Glenn and Joe up front, and Don sits at his drum kit. The lights remain off as the Eagles do the acapella first four lines of

7 Bridges Road

The lights come up as we hear the opening of

Hotel California
One of These Nights

*Glenn greets the audience and talks about HOTE and mentions that they will be doing some songs from their solo careers, because that is part of their history, too.

Tequila Sunrise
New Kid in Town

*Glenn: Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Bernie Leadon.

Earlybird
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling

*Bernie leaves the stage

I Can't Tell You Why
The Long Run
In The City
Dirty Laundry
Already Gone

*Intermission*

Heartache Tonight
Walk Away
Parachute
Those Shoes
After the Thrill Is Gone
Best of My Love
Part Of Me, Part of You
Desperado
Do Something

*Band Intros

How Long
Funk 49
Victim of Love
Get Over It
Rocky Mountain Way
Life in the Fast Lane

*Encore 1
James Dean
Take It to the Limit

*Encore 2
You Are Not Alone

*Glenn: And this is how it all started...

Take It Easy *Bernie comes onstage and plays banjo, leaves stage before band goodbyes

Henley Honey
06-19-2013, 03:50 PM
:thumbsup: :yay: :applause: Excellent, PM!!!

Seriously, I started getting goosebumps at your first sentence.

You HAVE to get tix to Louisville!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
I like your list, PM!! Some surprises there for sure. I have to ask...why You Are Not Alone? I like that song, believe me, but it was a real surprise to see it on your list and as an encore. And...why Funk 49 over Walk Away? I like them both and I can't decide on one over the other.

ETA: You KNOW I like ending it where it all started!! TIE!

Way back when I made mine (the chronological one that I didn't like) I was surprised at how much thought it took. Removing the chronological restriction doesn't really make it easier, in my opinion, which is why I haven't done another. So...all I can say is, regardless of what they come up with and the pros and cons of it, they'll never please everyone and even if they only do a setlist that pleases themselves, it's still a lot of work! Add in the video that should go with each song and it gives me a headache. I'll stick with my sucky job that requires way too many hours, thank you very much!

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I like your list, PM!! Some surprises there for sure. I have to ask...why You Are Not Alone? I like that song, believe me, but it was a real surprise to see it on your list and as an encore. And...why Funk 49 over Walk Away? I like them both and I can't decide on one over the other.

Grrr!!! Walk Away was on my list! That's what happens when you place it, check it off the list and decide to place it somewhere else. I've added it back in.

When I started making the list I didn't know if I should indulge myself totally or think about other fans. :blush: I decided on both. :D I am so over Desperado being the last song, but I thought it should remain in the set list. You Are Not Alone is one of my favorite songs from LROOE, and I think it puts out the same vibe as Desperado, but I knew I wanted TIE to be the last song, so I decided to put it in the encore before TIE. I think it's a nice message to 'almost' leave with. Plus I like the idea of Glenn having the spotlight for a change. ;-)

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 04:33 PM
:thumbsup: :yay: :applause: Excellent, PM!!!

Seriously, I started getting goosebumps at your first sentence.

You HAVE to get tix to Louisville!!!

I'm working on it!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I can kind of see why Desperado is always the last song. 75% of the time Don is very passionate with it. Very passionate, and dare I say that he 'performs' it? To the point where sometimes it seems to wear him out. Like he's just given it everything he's got.

Glenn does not really 'perform' TIE, but it is the song he sings with his eyes wide open and where he interacts the most (while singing) with the audience. He ends his solo shows with it, and while I can see all the reasons for ending with Desperado, I really like the idea of ending it where it all began during a HOTE tour.

Maybe I'll put together a list where I don't consider the likelihood of things happening or what others may or may not want. Just what would happen if it were up to only me. My own little lottery jackpot, so to speak. I think it would be interesting and appropriate if they included Silver Dagger (but not if it meant losing 7BR).

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Some might be tired of 7 Bridges Road being the opener, and I can understand that. We want a new, fresh set list. But I liked the idea of opening the show the same way the doc does, plus I like my idea of them only doing the first four lines in the dark.

Do it VA! You haven't suffered enough! Lol!

Troubadour
06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
I can kind of see why Desperado is always the last song. 75% of the time Don is very passionate with it. Very passionate, and dare I say that he 'performs' it? To the point where sometimes it seems to wear him out. Like he's just given it everything he's got.

Sigh. :heart:

Troubadour
06-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Nice list, Cathy! It's really interesting to see what people come up with. I may give this another go once I'm able to devote more time to it...

Houston Baby
06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I love your list PM!
I think you should send it to our guys & include the stage direction!

GREAT JOB!! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Great list PM!! Although I gotta have Life's Been Good. It's so much better with the band than solo and I love hearing them sing it.

Freypower
06-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Grrr!!! Walk Away was on my list! That's what happens when you place it, check it off the list and decide to place it somewhere else. I've added it back in.

When I started making the list I didn't know if I should indulge myself totally or think about other fans. :blush: I decided on both. :D I am so over Desperado being the last song, but I thought it should remain in the set list. You Are Not Alone is one of my favorite songs from LROOE, and I think it puts out the same vibe as Desperado, but I knew I wanted TIE to be the last song, so I decided to put it in the encore before TIE. I think it's a nice message to 'almost' leave with. Plus I like the idea of Glenn having the spotlight for a change. ;-)

Hear, hear. Repeat 1,000 times. I have seen him do the song & it was incredibly moving. I wonder if It's Your World Now might be more appropriate though. I really would want more from the LROOE album in there; the title track & Somebody, while most people would want Waiting In The Weeds.

Also thank you for including POMPOY, but perhaps an After Hours song would be more realistic. They could blast their way through Route 66 or even Worried Mind, perhaps. While this is highly improbable there is no harm in speculating.

It's interesting you have Don on drums for 7BR. I do hope he plays more drums on this tour.

cheryl
06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Cathy - What I like about your list is 32 SONGS! Two I would like to add are True Love and Last Worthless Evening. Thumbs up to Victim of Love.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Great list PM!! Although I gotta have Life's Been Good. It's so much better with the band than solo and I love hearing them sing it.

I know you've got to have LBG, but I am so over it! If you want it, you have to make your own! :nahnah:

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Hear, hear. Repeat 1,000 times. I have seen him do the song & it was incredibly moving. I wonder if It's Your World Now might be more appropriate though. I really would want more from the LROOE album in there; the title track & Somebody, while most people would want Waiting In The Weeds.

Also thank you for including POMPOY, but perhaps an After Hours song would be more realistic. They could blast their way through Route 66 or even Worried Mind, perhaps. While this is highly improbable there is no harm in speculating.

It's interesting you have Don on drums for 7BR. I do hope he plays more drums on this tour.

Well, maybe I wasn't clear enough about 7BR. Don isn't actually playing drums on it - he's just sitting there, because they only do the first four lines and then go immediately into HC. He's got to be back there ready for that! And did I mention that the lights don't come up until the first note of HC? :mrgreen:

Oh, and you're right - POMPOY isn't realistic at all, but it's my set list and I'll dream if I want to! :spin:

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Cathy - What I like about your list is 32 SONGS! Two I would like to add are True Love and Last Worthless Evening. Thumbs up to Victim of Love.

Yeah, I think the 3-hr. 2010 Louisville show set list that HH provided in the other thread had 30 songs, so I was trying to stay close to that.

It's hard enough pickingthe songs you want, but putting them in an order where you have a nice mixture of slow and fast songs at the right time in the show is another thing!

For those of you who are going to make your own set list, I have some advice. At the top of your page make three columns, titled Rock, Medium Tempo and Slow. As you choose your songs, place them in the appropriate column. Then, when it's time to place them, you know what kind of song to look for. This helped me a lot.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 07:36 PM
I know you've got to have LBG, but I am so over it! If you want it, you have to make your own! :nahnah:

I feel the same way about Walk Away. I never get tired of LBG. It's the ultimate Joe tune. Describes him (at least the 70s version, lol) to a T.

I'll work on my list. :nahnah:

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 09:38 PM
This is gonna be not popular but here goes. Chronological order except two songs.

My list:

Seven Bridges Road (opener)

(with Bernie)

Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling

(Bernie leaves)

Tequila Sunrise
Already Gone
James Dean
Good Day In Hell
Best Of My Love
One Of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Take It To The Limit
After The Thrill Is Gone

(intermission)

Hotel California
New Kid In Town
Life In The Fast Lane
Wasted Time
Victim Of Love
The Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In The City
Heartache Tonight
Those Shoes

(solo songs - one each)

Life's Been Good
The Heat Is On (original version)
The Boys Of Summer
Parachute

(encore 1)

Get Over It
Desperado

(encore 2 - with Bernie)

How Long
Take It Easy

30 songs. Chronological order except TIE and Desperado. I want chronological order but I know that's an unpopular opinion, LOL.

I also tried to make the lead vocals fair - to my calculations not counting SBR or the songs where they take turns - about 12 for each. Contrary to popular belief - I do like Glenn and wish he'd sing more. Just because I don't like how he handled DF doesn't mean I don't like him as a singer or even as a band member for that matter.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 10:04 PM
What's not to love? We picked a lot of the same songs - you just decided to go chronologically. And I'm not even going to bash you for excluding Walk Away. ;-)

Freypower
06-19-2013, 10:08 PM
That's a good list, but only one song from LROOE? I know you don't like the album much but it is part of their history & it shouldn't just be ignored. Anyway at least you & others have come up with something because I don't think I can.

I will say one thing though; the last song featured in the documentary was Desperado. I think they will probably stick with that as the last song, much as I think it has had a good run & that the final song should feature the entire band.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
What's not to love? We picked a lot of the same songs - you just decided to go chronologically. And I'm not even going to bash you for excluding Walk Away. ;-)

:rofl:

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 10:14 PM
That's a good list, but only one song from LROOE? I know you don't like the album much but it is part of their history & it shouldn't just be ignored. Anyway at least you & others have come up with something because I don't think I can.

Well, we did say that some of us are going to indulge ourselves and some may think of others. ;-) It's just a matter of deciding if you want your list to be what YOU want to be played, or what you think SHOULD be played. Since this is pure speculation (and for fun), either is acceptable.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:21 PM
While it's true I'm not a big fan of LROOE, it was more self indulgence in some of those songs that haven't been played in years. Already Gone, New Kid In Town, Good Day In Hell, Get Over It, Those Shoes, After The Thrill Is Gone, etc. I'd much rather hear those and I can't fit many more. If I were to include another LROOE song it'd be You Are Not Alone.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, we did say that some of us our going to indulge ourselves and others may think of others. ;-) It's just a matter of deciding if you want your list to be what YOU want to be played, and what you think SHOULD be played. Since this is pure speculation (and for fun), either is acceptable.

Exactly. Mine was just a dream setlist and what I would want. Not what I think they will do.

Freypower
06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
I suppose I should try, then....

How Long
Witchy Woman
One Of These Nights
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Lyin' Eyes
I Can't Tell You Why
Tequila Sunrise
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Already Gone

No More Cloudy Days
Waiting In The Weeds
Do Something
King Of Hollywood
Business As Usual
Guilty Of The Crime
Victim Of Love
Outlaw Man
Good Day In Hell
New Kid In Town
Life In The Fast Lane
Heartache Tonight

Get Over It
Take It Easy

Hotel California
It's Your World Now

There are no solo songs here. This, I suppose, is what I would like. I left out some songs which I suppose most people would never leave out. And I have not included anything for Bernie to sing. It would be Train Leaves Here This Morning if I did. I don't know how well this would flow. I included GOTC instead of ITC because ITC has been done to death in my opinion & because Joe needed another lead vocal which was not a solo song.

MaryCalifornia
06-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Prettymaid, WalshFan and FreyPower, I like all three of your lists! Interesting that you have Do Something and Parachute but not Love Will Keep Us Alive - I guess it doesn't fit into the LROOE/solo songs metrics...

Thanks for your thoughtful efforts! Can't wait to see how close you are on July 6.

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Nice list, FP. See now, that didn't hurt, did it? ;-) Too heavy on LROOE for my taste (1/3), but that was to be expected, wasn't it?

Because we've been hearing rumors of Bernie being on this tour, and that is something completely fresh and new that I would love to witness, it was a big deal for me to include his participation. I actually thought about having him perform Train Leaves Here This Morning, but I thought it would bring the energy down too much. In my mind, I picture Bernie being introduced to a frenzy of applause (here's me :yay:), and I wanted him to perform a faster song, and I also like the banjo work in Earlybird.

Mary, the reason I didn't include LWKUA is that I wanted Timothy to have three leads in my list, and although it's a pretty song, he's always asked to do it live. I wanted to hear something different from him, with the exception of ICTYW. Can't give that one up! :inlove: I think Do Something would be a nice replacement for LWKUA for a change and, as several of us seem to agree, Parachute would play well with the Eagles. It would be great to finally hear Timothy do something uptempo at an Eagles show, and Parachute would allow the great harmonizing and a kicka$$ guitar solo for Joe!

TimothyBFan
06-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I have spent the last 45 minutes trying to find the set list I made after we had heard about the possibility of the set list being in chronological order. Finally found it in the Eagles Retrospective Thread that VA posted a link to in the What Songs Shouldn't Be Cut thread. Boy, we've made a crap load of set list on this board. :hilarious: After going over it, I'm sticking with that one. It's not perfect but it's all Eagles, which is a huge thing to me because leaving out solo stuff gives us more Eagles songs of stuff we haven't heard for awhile but still heavy on the hits that everyone knows. It is 34 songs but I just couldn't narrow it down any more.

Well, here's what I've been working on for a couple of days. Be gentle while critiquing it, please. :hilarious: I'm aware Don has a lot more leads than Glenn , but it is what it is and some of the bigger hits were sung by Don, pure and simple. And I know it's a few songs longer than it should be BUT this is all fantasy anyways so what the heck! I did keep it pretty much in chronological order and no solo works. Had LBG on original list but took it off even tho it was on The Live album as an Eagles song. I also had Ol' 55 on there also but had to take it off to shorten the freaking list. If I had my way, I'd have Disco Strangler and Fast Company on it. :hilarious: But we all know those wont happen.

Peaceful Easy Feeling
Witchy Woman
Desperado
Tequila Sunrise
Already Gone
On The Border
James Dean
Best Of My Love
One Of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Take It To The Limit
After The Thrill Is Gone
New Kid In Town
Wasted Time
Victim Of Love

Intermission

Long Run
I Can't Tell You Why
In The City
Heartache Tonight
King Of Hollywood (just a dream of mine)
Those Shoes (another dream, I'm sure but I think it has a lot of fans)
The Sad Cafe
Seven Bridges Road
Get Over It
Love Will Keep Us Alive (showing Timothy some love!)
Learn To Be Still
Waiting In The Weeds
How Long
Long Road Out Of Eden (doesn't really work here---is there a shorter version?)
No More Cloudy Days

Encore 1
Hotel California (introduced as "our most well known song" or "biggest hit")
Life In The Fast Lane

Encore 2
Take It Easy (introduced as the song that started it all!)

I also found this that I had posted in the same thread. I still wonder about this also, especially since we know/think Bernie is coming along.

Still haven't done a list. I don't even know where to start. But, something I was thinking about is, since this is a "history of the Eagles" and we're doing them in chronological order, which arrangements of the songs do we have them do--- the album versions or the full band with horn section, etc? Personally, I think I want to go back to the basics on the older material and bring out the band in the 2nd half of the show? Something to ponder.

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 08:35 AM
That's a good list, TBF. Of course, being a Joe fan and knowing his 'potential' in these live shows, he's not featured enough for me on your list, but then again, neither is Timothy!

I get so confused with Don's songs. I was thinking Learn To Be Still was a solo of his. I had to look it up! :laugh:

Brooke
06-20-2013, 03:33 PM
I did one somewhere too, and I can't even contemplate doing another! All of yours sounds good to me! I'm just not good at lists!

And if Bernie does appear, surely he would sing lead on a song. I would pick Train or My Man.

I also like TBF's idea of it being just the band in the first half and then adding the others, but then Don would have to play drums all that time. Could he do it? Would he do it! Probably not! :lol:

Troubadour
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't think that Don is able to play the drums as much as he used to. He has often said that drumming and singing at the same time is absolutely exhausting... and we know he has back problems. I love to see him playing the drums but I wouldn't want him back there the entire time, even if he was happy to do it.

PM, your comment about Learn to be Still made me laugh. It does sound like a Don solo song!

TimothyBFan
06-20-2013, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=Prettymaid;234587

I get so confused with Don's songs. I was thinking Learn To Be Still was a solo of his. I had to look it up! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I can't forget how they introduce it in HFO. "We just came up with it an hour ago. The 3rd verse is multiple choice." :hilarious:

And your remark reminds me- when they introduce it, Glenn says WE made it up....but isn't Don the only one credited on the album & DVD? (Sorry if this was discussed when we were talking about song writing credits a couple of weeks ago-I kind of tuned that discussion out when it got ugly).

Freypower
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
I can't forget how they introduce it in HFO. "We just came up with it an hour ago. The 3rd verse is multiple choice." :hilarious:

And your remark reminds me- when they introduce it, Glenn says WE made it up....but isn't Don the only one credited on the album & DVD? (Sorry if this was discussed when we were talking about song writing credits a couple of weeks ago-I kind of tuned that discussion out when it got ugly).

It is credited to Don & Stan Lynch. I think Glenn was trying to be 'supportive' or whatever by saying 'we' (aren't you glad that he did not say 'I' this time....:-P). There are a few more recent songs which Don also wrote with Steuart Smith, not Glenn, & I still feel uneasy about that, but Glenn has credits on his own & with Jack Tempchin, so it works both ways.

TimothyBFan
06-21-2013, 07:39 AM
It is credited to Don & Stan Lynch. I think Glenn was trying to be 'supportive' or whatever by saying 'we' (aren't you glad that he did not say 'I' this time....:-P). There are a few more recent songs which Don also wrote with Steuart Smith, not Glenn, & I still feel uneasy about that, but Glenn has credits on his own & with Jack Tempchin, so it works both ways.

I really wouldn't care if he had said "I", to be honest. I got the impression from Glenn & Don's remarks that they had just written it backstage or something. Maybe they were exaggerating but if not, does that mean Stan Lynch was back there with them and he and Don just whipped this out? :hilarious: Very cool!!

I do wish to ask you, if you don't mind answering, why you "feel uneasy" about the fact that Don has wrote songs with Steuart?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I do wish to ask you, if you don't mind answering, why you "feel uneasy" about the fact that Don has wrote songs with Steuart?

Don't know about FP's reasons, but mine was along the lines of 'why not Glenn?' It's probably a lot of reasons, but I did wonder and worry when I first got the CD and didn't see many Henley/Frey songs.

I wonder if now, after working on the DVD and taking that trip back through history, if Glenn and Don could write more magic together more easily. I doubt we'll ever find out since they don't seem to want to put out another album. In my own personal opinion that has very little facts to support it, I feel that while they may have put behind them whatever happened between them during The Long Run album, they haven't totally gotten over it. Regardless of what either of them have said through the years, there apparently is no going back and picking up where they left off. I guess that's fair since few people can ever do that.

Freypower
06-21-2013, 07:10 PM
I really wouldn't care if he had said "I", to be honest. I got the impression from Glenn & Don's remarks that they had just written it backstage or something. Maybe they were exaggerating but if not, does that mean Stan Lynch was back there with them and he and Don just whipped this out? :hilarious: Very cool!!

I probably should have said 'we made it up' meant they 'arranged' it half an hour ago, not they 'wrote' it.

sad-cafe
06-23-2013, 05:18 PM
I think they should just do all of their songs. And I mean ALL of them!!!

EaglesKiwi
06-28-2013, 05:16 AM
I know I've answered this question before, but since we're so close to the new tour... I'm really hoping for some deeper cuts, the return of a few hits (NKIT) and some they've never played (WDIDWMH at the top of my personal list, but I'd take almost anything).

Would dearly love to hear Tim doing 3 leads.

sad-cafe
06-29-2013, 01:58 PM
would love Timothy B doing a LOT of songs

Joe Henley
06-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Well I guess I'll take a shot at making a setlist. I like the idea of it being chronological (more or less) too, seems like that would flow very well.

Take it Easy (with Bernie; In my opinion a great opening song with great energy)
Witchy Woman
-Glenn addresses the crowd and introduces Bernie-
Peaceful Easy Feeling (Bernie exits afterwards)
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Already Gone
Best of My Love
Lyin' Eyes
One of These Nights
Hotel California

-Intermission-

Victim of Love (Amazing song to open the 2nd half, and hasn't been played in a while)
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time (Henley's best vocal performance. Period)
Life's Been Good
Heartache Tonight
In The City
Those Shoes (Let's face it, this kicked ass at the Millennium Shows. I'd love to hear this)
I Can't Tell You Why
The Long Run
The Boys of Summer
Love Will Keep us Alive
-Encore-
Rocky Mountain Way
Get Over It (I desperately want to hear this live)
Busy Being Fabulous
How Long

Kind of a shorter set list, but this list more than likely won't happen anyways. It's hard fitting in stuff like Walk Away and Funk #49 with a chronological set list (sorry Joe fans) Lol.

johnnycomelately89
06-30-2013, 05:15 PM
i really hope joe plays some songs from analog man! maybe wrecking ball or funk #50 as a reprise if they play funk #49? love me some joe walsh tearing that guitar to shreds.

Freypower
06-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Well I guess I'll take a shot at making a setlist. I like the idea of it being chronological (more or less) too, seems like that would flow very well.

Take it Easy (with Bernie; In my opinion a great opening song with great energy)
Witchy Woman
-Glenn addresses the crowd and introduces Bernie-
Peaceful Easy Feeling (Bernie exits afterwards)
Tequila Sunrise
Desperado
Already Gone
Best of My Love
Lyin' Eyes
One of These Nights
Hotel California

-Intermission-

Victim of Love (Amazing song to open the 2nd half, and hasn't been played in a while)
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time (Henley's best vocal performance. Period)
Life's Been Good
Heartache Tonight
In The City
Those Shoes (Let's face it, this kicked ass at the Millennium Shows. I'd love to hear this)
I Can't Tell You Why
The Long Run
The Boys of Summer
Love Will Keep us Alive
-Encore-
Rocky Mountain Way
Get Over It (I desperately want to hear this live)
Busy Being Fabulous
How Long

Kind of a shorter set list, but this list more than likely won't happen anyways. It's hard fitting in stuff like Walk Away and Funk #49 with a chronological set list (sorry Joe fans) Lol.

It's a shame you only have Glenn singing two & a half songs in the second set. That is the problem with chronological order. I guess that is basically why I don't want it to be in that order unless more LROOE songs are included (Glenn's songs).

Also we are really hoping for deep cuts & not just the obvious hits on this tour.

Freypower
06-30-2013, 06:40 PM
i really hope joe plays some songs from analog man! maybe wrecking ball or funk #50 as a reprise if they play funk #49? love me some joe walsh tearing that guitar to shreds.

I'm afraid I think that is as likely as Glenn playing something from After Hours.

EaglesKiwi
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
It's a shame you only have Glenn singing two & a half songs in the second set. That is the problem with chronological order. I guess that is basically why I don't want it to be in that order unless more LROOE songs are included (Glenn's songs).

Also we are really hoping for deep cuts & not just the obvious hits on this tour.
But there's space on that setlist for a few deep cuts... if they do the 3hour 30-ish songs version they could just be added - move the intermission and add in a couple of Glenn's songs in the second half. :angel:

Looking at a chronological list - Glenn features prominently in the first half, which would be great but I think he might prefer to space it out...? And Tim would only get leads in the second half... hmm, not sure about that!

Freypower
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
But there's space on that setlist for a few deep cuts... if they do the 3hour 30-ish songs version they could just be added - move the intermission and add in a couple of Glenn's songs in the second half. :angel:

Looking at a chronological list - Glenn features prominently in the first half, which would be great but I think he might prefer to space it out...? And Tim would only get leads in the second half... hmm, not sure about that!

My entire problem with recent setlists is that most of Glenn's leads are in the first half & he has hardly anything to do in the second half. So, until now, it has been Glenn who didn't want to space it out. That is why I don't want it to be chronological. I also take your point about where Tim's leads would feature if it were chronological.