PDA

View Full Version : April Fool'sDay

DonFan
04-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!

For an April Fool's joke I started to log on and say I had real tour dates from the guys, then realized that no one would believe me. :roll:

Then I got this Google Alert, posted by a DJ in Calgary.
You just gotta love Don. He always says what he thinks. And then, no matter what has happened, he usually works it out so things end up benefitting a charity. :wink:
----------------------------------------------------------------

I've pulled a few good tricks in my time -- such as giving out the phone number of the place my brother was staying in Hawaii and telling people they could win a prize by calling between 9 p.m. and midnight -- which is midnight to 3 a.m. in Hawaii.

My all-time favourite however was the first year I was on air at CJAY.

As it happened, the Eagles were performing one night at the Saddledome and I told my audience I had chatted with Don and Glenn and they had agreed to show up and give a performance in the CJAY parking lot the day of the show.

At 7 o'clock that morning, more than 500 people were jammed onto the lot, carrying albums and CDs.

Every one of them was also carrying a bag of non-perishable food stuff for the food bank, which I said would be the cost of admission.

Right at seven, in rolled two guys from the Jeep dealership in new Jeep Eagles. They flashed their lights, did some wheel stands, performing quite admirably before riding off into the sunrise.

Everyone in the parking lot was a pretty good sport, but Don Henley of the Eagles took exception. That night he stopped the concert, had a few nasty things to say about me and then tried to sue me.

I threatened to counter sue for 'defamation of character' (my brother is a lawyer and he taught me this phrase), so we came to an agreement to make a donation to each other's favourite charity.

The big winner that day of course was the food bank -- we raised $5,000.

glenneaglesfan
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
That's a cool piece, df, and I'm glad it worked out well for the charity! As for the tour dates.....won't it be nice when they are announced?!

sodascouts
04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Yikes, let's hope Don has loosened up since then!

freyfanatic
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Thats a very interesting read DF thanks for posting that.