PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing Right Now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

zeldabjr
05-24-2013, 05:59 PM
I went to lunch with co-workers today & noticed while we were eating another small group arrived. Seated at their table was a gentleman appearing to be in his 80's or 90's wearing a "Veteran of WW II" cap. As we left I stopped at his table & thanked him for his service to our country. I told him that I appreciated it. He thanked me for stopping & with the biggest twinkle in his eyes said - "Now are you going to JUST stand there or give me a hug?" He was so cute with a huge smile! Of course, he got his hug!!

Hope everyone has a safe & wonderful Memorial Day weekend & remember the meaning behind this holiday - those who gave their lives for our freedom! :applause:

awww...great story HB!!!

Houston Baby
05-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you guys!

Did he goose you too? Good for him if he did!

No goose HH! But it was a loooong hug! :lol:

Troubadour
05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I've just got home after a lovely day with friends. We had lunch and drinks, and then went to see The Great Gatsby in 3D at the cinema. This morning we got our assignments back at uni and I passed them all - I got 80% on my Masters level essay, which I am thrilled about. It's now half-term, which means we have a week off, so I'm heading home tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone and spend some time by the sea.

Houston Baby
05-24-2013, 07:09 PM
That's FANTASTIC Troub!! You should be happy! Great job girl!

Now go and enjoy that week of friends, family & relaxation!!

Troubadour
05-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks, HB!

Henley Honey
05-24-2013, 07:15 PM
I've just got home after a lovely day with friends. We had lunch and drinks, and then went to see The Great Gatsby in 3D at the cinema. This morning we got our assignments back at uni and I passed them all - I got 80% on my Masters level essay, which I am thrilled about. It's now half-term, which means we have a week off, so I'm heading home tomorrow. Can't wait to see everyone and spend some time by the sea.

I'm so happy for you!! We all know how hard you've been working and I'm so glad for you that you've done so well!!! :applause:

Enjoy every minute. Put you feet up and read a good book. Better yet, close your eyes and listen to the sea. It'll relax and reinvigorate you for the next term.

Troubadour
05-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much, HH!

Only three weeks of teaching practice left after half-term. The final push!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah troubadour.
The sea always recharges me ...hope it does for you too.

HB very nice story....
JAHH and I always use the weekend to volunteer at the HOrse show which raises money for Bryn Mawr hospital. They always have a hard time filling the shifts since people go away and they are very busy over the holiday weekend.Its my 13th year..(I love all the out of town people..kids and doggies having a great time oh yeah...and the horses too lol).

Today we did fun food friday...something we do usually right before a holiday at work. Everyone brings something different and we eat all day...breakfast is ususally bagles or dounuts and "real coffee".
We bring in the george forman grills and do hambergers on one and hotdogs and kilbassi or sausage on the other..today we had fruit dips veggies chips salad ...but somebody who promised to bring this awsome lemon merguine pie from the farmers market ate the whole pie with her hubby the night before so .....she thought the cookies she bought on the fly this am would do ..lol not...
anyway we had fun... keep in mind we do this with a full patient schedule load ..lol..we had fun but she will not live the pie incident down I can garantee you that..
So someone cooked lunch and dinner ,,,.,I am gonna go get horizlnal on the couch

Prettymaid
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM

Oh Troub, that's great! Now you can kick back and enjoy your week with no worries - and only three weeks left afterwards? You're in the home stretch!

Grey Sadler
05-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Yay Louise!! :partytime:
I took a short nap after getting home from school...then I got up and started...planning for the 2nd half of the semester (I brought home 2 of 6 notebooks with my lesson plans)...I am such a freakin' geek!!!! :-?

zeldabjr
05-24-2013, 09:35 PM
yay!! Louise...so proud of you...we do know how hard you have been working...and it is all paying off!!!...hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

GS...you are a geek...I love it...but take the weekend to relax girl!

Brooke
05-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Troub, well done! Good for you! Have a nice break! :thumbsup:

TT, sounds like a fun weekend!

I'm heading out to visit a few garage sales if the rain holds. Probably won't buy anything, but fun to do!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I am sitting here...working! Yes, on a holiday weekend, I have to work through it. I will sneak out and go to church this evening, and at some point I'll have to run around the yard with the lawn mower.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the visual Va ...you and the lawn mower..You fought the lawn and the lawn won...lol have a great day ..

Outlawman13
05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm looking around for some more Eagles videos (that aren't on youtube) and on facebook!!!

Grey Sadler
05-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Still trying to upload a video from my phone to FB from graduation today...don't know why it won't upload a simple 30 second video...?!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Watching the phillies beat the nationals. I want an eagles dvd but jahh is into the game:-:hilarious: and playing words with friends and surfing the border, I am a multi tasker

Glennsallnighter
05-26-2013, 04:40 AM
I know I've said it to you on Whatsapp, but for the record

WELL DONE LOUISE

I too know how dilligently you have been working over the past year or so and I am delighted that you have done so well so far. I'm sure the final push will be very rewarding for you.

Whatever school employs you as a teacher will be very very lucky, as will its children.

Outlawman13
05-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Right now I'm looking for some more Eagles videos and don't want to go back to work today. LOL.

mustangkim11
05-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Right now, working on greeting cards and listening to my iTunes music library on shuffle. Incense lit, sangria and Sprite in a wine glass. Yessir, peaceful easy feeling right here.

8)

Tiffanny Twisted
05-26-2013, 09:08 PM
well, my itunes is Jahh practicing guitar ...eagles music of course and beading a dragon fly necklace for my gf for her bday next week.
and strawberries...guess I am missing the sangria...lol

Outlawman13
05-27-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm on facebook, downloading another Randy Meisner c.d., and got done with watching the Hell Freezes Over concert. I love that concert.

WalshFan88
05-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Watching Led Zeppelin on Vh1 Classic!

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Got done with downloading another Joe Walsh c.d., eating some brownies, and going to go to sleep here soon.

cricrichan
05-28-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm going to have lunch with my dad, so I'm ready to cook something good for him :)

NYC Fan
05-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Listening to On The Border and heading to Asbury Park, NJ to hear the President and Governor of NJ speak at Convention Hall about Sandy relief and the Jersey Shore. Asbury and Convention Hall are very near and dear to my heart, so I am happy they are bringing attention to the Shore. It still has a long way to go to get back to normal.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Just spent the last fifteen to twenty minutes trying to get my New Posts search results down from 3 pages to 2! I've been so busy with work and yard work I haven't been able to keep up. Now, I'm eating lunch (four hours late) and trying to catch up.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
cleaning up the kitchen...
we had a very busy morning in work due to the holiday . I swear everyone and their mother had an issue that need to be seen yesterday ...and peple werent nice and were pushy pushy pushy. so cleaning up from a late dinner (thank you acme deli dept for cooking my rotisery chicken)
then I am going ot get horizontial and watch wkrp in cincnati on antenna tv.
boring I know but ...I am off tomorrow yipee:headbang:

Houston Baby
05-28-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm paying bills, watching The Voice to see who is saved & listening to "No Fun Aloud" in honor of it's anny! Mindless multi tasking....

OMG - I had to go back & correct the album name. Duh!! Obviously I am NOT very good at multi tasking!

zeldabjr
05-28-2013, 10:29 PM
watching hockey and cleaning up my bedroom so my friend can put my ac in the window tomorrow...

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Having a friend show me who Karen Carpenter is. LOL. Never heard of her stuff before. LOL.

zeldabjr
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Having a friend show me who Karen Carpenter is. LOL. Never heard of her stuff before. LOL.

oh man do I feel old!

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm just a little new at who the women are in rock-n-roll:blush:.

SallyGee
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
I am sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch. Such a beautiful night. I can smell our roses and lilacs. A little bit of heaven.

zeldabjr
05-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm watching hockey...so exciting ...Game 7, 3rd period, tied 1-1...there's nothing better...well almost...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm watching hockey...so exciting ...Game 7, 3rd period, tied 1-1...there's nothing better...well almost...

I can't decide who I want to have win, I don't care for either team! If Chicago goes out, then the Pens would have home ice advantage in the finals, assuming we get that far. On the other hand, I really don't like the RW. I think the Kings will beat either one of these teams anyway.

Outlawman13
05-29-2013, 10:37 PM
I sure hope your team wins Brenda and VA!!!

Right now I'm listening to Glenn, Randy, Joe, and their blend of voices on the Eagles. LOL on facebook too.

wasl89
05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
We just listened to James Dean during a class. We had to bring something that had some kind of connection to the 1950s, my choice was obvious :-D

Tiffanny Twisted
05-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Great choice .one of my faves

Outlawman13
05-30-2013, 07:25 AM
To cool they played James Dean.

Right now I'm watching Mork and Mindy and getting ready for work

WalshFan88
05-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Looking at books on Amazon to buy.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-30-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm finishing up the last bits of testing. Then I need to get to bed and sleep quickly, because I have to be back up at 6am to help deploy this release to the customer. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. :lie:

Outlawman13
05-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Listening to some Randy Meisner and deciding what kind of pictures I should make next. LOL.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 01:34 AM
I can't believe it!! Still up!! A developer made 'one little change' and I swear the whole application has fallen apart. At this rate, I won't get any sleep at all!

zeldabjr
05-31-2013, 01:46 AM
oh VA...can't you say "screw it" til morning???

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 07:46 AM
VA...are you still up...?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 08:09 AM
VA...are you still up...?

I went to bed around 2am and of course didn't fall asleep right away. Then woke at 6am, amazingly enough without the alarm. I'm very sleepy right now! Of course, I don't have to do anything for the implementation and after being on the phone for a half an hour, I was told I could get back off and watch for an email. So now I'm waiting to test the thing...

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 08:11 AM
If everything's okay and you can release it to the customer, do you get the rest of the day off?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Well, I'm taking it off! I worked the entire weekend and so I have the hours (and a whole lot more) that I need for the week.

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Well, I'm taking it off! I worked the entire weekend and so I have the hours (and a whole lot more) that I need for the week.

Good for you!

Troubadour
05-31-2013, 08:43 AM
You deserve it, VA! I'm trying to do some lesson planning right now but I am sooo not motivated...

Cathy, I love your new sig.

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 08:47 AM
You deserve it, VA! I'm trying to do some lesson planning right now but I am sooo not motivated...

Cathy, I love your new sig.

Thank you!

I am trying to get motivated to get ready for work. Only one more day before the weekend. I'd better go shower...

Houston Baby
05-31-2013, 09:23 AM
VA - I hope you get to enjoy today and the rest of the weekend with NO worries!

Houston Baby
05-31-2013, 09:26 AM
In fact, I wish EVERYONE on The Border a very happy and carefree weekend!!

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 09:45 AM
You too, HB!

Right now I'm gobbling some cereal and a banana before heading to work.

Houston Baby
05-31-2013, 10:09 AM
It's month end and for me it is always a long day usually into evening here at the loan center. So I am working diligently & listening to our guys with a BIG smile on my face because tomorrow is June 1st & the start of an AMAZING summer of "History of the Eagles" tour!!! I hope EVERYONE gets to go to a concert on this tour and gets a great seat. However I have found it does not really matter that much where you sit just as long as you can hear them. Yes they are gorgeous and marvelous eye candy but I believe it was their music that won our hearts :heart:!!! ENJOY THE SUMMER!!

Topkat
05-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Taking a Vacation Day from work because it is going to be 90 degrees & sunny....A perfect POOL day...so I will be heading up to the pool later!!! Just going to relax & go for a swim...hang out with some friends!

No WORK for me TODAY.....HAPPY CAMPER:partytime::partytime:

Brooke
05-31-2013, 10:49 AM
It's month end and for me it is always a long day usually into evening here at the loan center. So I am working diligently & listening to our guys with a BIG smile on my face because tomorrow is June 1st & the start of an AMAZING summer of "History of the Eagles" tour!!! I hope EVERYONE gets to go to a concert on this tour and gets a great seat. However I have found it does not really matter that much where you sit just as long as you can hear them. Yes they are gorgeous and marvelous eye candy but I believe it was their music that won our hearts :heart:!!! ENJOY THE SUMMER!!

You are absolutely right there, HB! :thumbsup:

I'm at work watching it rain and waiting for a couple other people to do what they need to do so I can do what I need to do to close up the month here.............:pace: Good grief!

Va, I think you deserve the whole weekend off after all that!

Tk, please send me some of that warmth and sunshine!

Have a great weekend everyone!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 11:32 AM
We deployed the thing and of course, there are issues. Five and half hours and counting...

NYC Fan
05-31-2013, 11:32 AM

I agree! Working from home today and I think I'll put some Eagles on!

So great that they are touring this Summer. I just have tickets to one show for now, but am still mulling over Bethel Woods and Mohegan Sun. Would love to see them more than once. Greedy, greedy!

Houston Baby
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
We deployed the thing and of course, there are issues. Five and half hours and counting...

Fingers crossed VA that it will be a quick & painless fix(es)
I have NO patience with system issues! :brickwall:
Hang in there!!

Troubadour
05-31-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to get the last of my lesson planning finished for the week, but I'm almost at the point of giving up tonight and just finishing up tomorrow!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 04:00 PM
OK, finished up around 2:30, so 8.5 hours on a Friday. The good news is that since I didn't take my Memorial Day holiday, I get to take it some other time. The rest of the good news is that really, the issues we had today weren't our fault, so that's good. I'm 3/4 of the way through my Captain and Coke and feeling a little looped!

Tomorrow I'll work on getting the pool opened, haven't done that yet because I've been working all the time. Do some landscaping and cleaning. Then tomorrow night I'll go to Saturday service and then....my Pens finally play! Sunday will be more yardwork if the weather allows, then going to some friends' house for a 'cholesterol-be-damned' evening of crablegs swimming in butter. Which will make it interesting when I lecture my father in person next week about minding his cholesterol level better.

You know, comparing this May to last May...wow. Last May was all those concerts and spending time with fellow Eagle fans. This May was in front of my computer and working constantly.

Now, I'm gonna go put on some music (anything sung by Glenn, most likely) and get into that Peaceful Easy Feeling. Maybe talk to the Captain again...

Troubadour
05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Sounds like you have a good evening planned, VA! You have no idea how much I wish I could join you. I'm doing some serious reminiscing of my own right now... Totally get the Eagles v Evil Work thing! It seems like ages since I've had a real Eagles adventure.

Brooke
05-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Va, you crack me up! Have a great weekend! :thumbsup:

HeatherB
05-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Spent a lot of today viewing this site. It's addicting and nice to be around fellow fans!!

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Spent a lot of today viewing this site. It's addicting and nice to be around fellow fans!!

It's very addicting Heather! If you have a significant other, they might start wondering what your doing... :computer:

HeatherB
05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol, in the process of ending one so this is a great escape. :worried::-(

sodascouts
05-31-2013, 09:29 PM
ugh, sorry to hear that Heather!

HeatherB
05-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Awwww, thanks! Long time coming. Still hurts though! Better days ahead:o

sodascouts
05-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Awwww, thanks! Long time coming. Still hurts though! Better days ahead:eek:

It'll be for the best. Better to be single than settle for a loser.

zeldabjr
05-31-2013, 09:48 PM
I remember when I joined I spent four straight hours on the board and never moved from my chair...lol...my the time just flew by...

Heather...yes better days are ahead...I'm with you!

Outlawman13
05-31-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm so sorry Heather!!! But yes better days are yet to come.

This board is very addicting and I find myself on here all the time!!! I love it. LOL.

Right now I'm making a collage and going to listen to some music. Just don't want to go to bed!!! LOL

zeldabjr
06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
watching Farewell I...

glenneaglesfan
06-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Heather, I feel for you, as I am in the same situation after 28 years.

It's 6 am here, and at last I have the freedom to do what I want, which includes looking at the Border in the wee small hours!

Sun's up outside and we are in for a lovely weekend.

zeldabjr
06-01-2013, 01:16 AM
sorry to hear that GEF...:hug:...freedom is a good thing...hope you're doing ok...

Outlawman13
06-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Sorry to hear that EGL!

I'm watching Mork & Mindy and getting ready for work.

Brooke
06-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Heather and gef. I'm sure it's hard and can't even imagine after being married for nearly 38 years.

Yep, this is a good place to while away the hours!

Troubadour
06-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I went to see The Hangover 3 earlier and then enjoyed the gorgeous weather for a while! Now I have to knuckle down and finish the rest of my lesson planning. Back to London tomorrow.

I had a bit of a scare when I came home because my computer wouldn't start... I have installed some updates and run a repair thing and it seems that it was an issue with Norton. I'm just installing the latest version now, so hopefully that was the problem and it will all be solved!

Prettymaid
06-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Troub, I hope you enjoyed your week off, and feel rested and ready to go back. Hope everything stays okay with your computer.

I had to laugh because I almost missed this, but when I keyed 'Troub' above, my iPad's auto-complete finished the word as Trouble! Lol! Glad I caught that...

Troubadour
06-01-2013, 12:51 PM
LOL! Who you callin' trouble? ;)

wasl89
06-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Watching some Supernatural episodes from season 1
Tonight I'm going to watch History of the Eagles for a paper I'm writing.

Outlawman13
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm listening to the Eagles, on facebook, and making a collage!!! I can't stop myself. Too much fun. LOL

Prettymaid
06-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Heading out to get some Veggie Pizza! Yum!

Outlawman13
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Yummy indeed!!! Hey PM, loving your new avvie. Very delicious!!!! LOL

Tiffanny Twisted
06-01-2013, 08:20 PM
cleaning.. bag 4 out in the trash.but it feels like:brickwall:

zeldabjr
06-01-2013, 08:40 PM
watching hockey

Houston Baby
06-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Heather & GEF - I hope things get better for both of you. I love this quote of Henry David Thoreau:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined"

And I am a firm believer that you make your own happiness!
Stay strong & take comfort in the fact that there are people who care about y'all.

Prettymaid
06-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Heather & GEF - I hope things get better for both of you. I love this quote of Henry David Thoreau:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined"

And I am a firm believer that you make your own happiness!
Stay strong & take comfort in the fact that there are people who care about y'all.

HB, I love that quote and I love your attitude!

HeatherB
06-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! Just got back from dinner on the water.

Houston Baby
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks PM! I have Don to thank for inspiring me to reread Thoreau. I just love his writings!

wasl89
06-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Playing some music on a radio station :-)

Troubadour
06-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I love Thoreau too, HB! And Emerson. I would love to sit and talk to Don about those two for hours... Sigh.

Houston Baby
06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Emerson for me too Troub! I believe they are my 2 favorite writers. Talking to Don about them would be a dream come true! It would be fascinating! :nod:

HeatherB
06-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Getting ready to take a drive up to LA and visit a friend.

Outlawman13
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Listening to some Joe, on facebook, and don't want to go to work!!! LOL

mustangkim11
06-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Uploading video to You Tube. I've just now figured out how to use the video camera part of my digital camera. (Yes, I'm in the Dark Ages when it comes to this stuff.)

Tiffanny Twisted
06-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Relaxing,watching barney miller

zeldabjr
06-02-2013, 08:47 PM
watching hockey and doing laundry...yippee!!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok now we r watching earth wi d and fire and chicago on dvd. Great dvd
Folding laundry and waiting for the kid to call from chicago but I gotta get some sleep

Outlawman13
06-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Listening to some Glenn Frey, editing some pictures, and on facebook

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Setting up the barbecue. Finally we have warm sunny weather! I hope it lasts more than 48hours!

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Awesome GA!!! What are you planning on bar-be-queing?

Right now I'm getting ready to go to Austin. LOL fun fun.

Troubadour
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Enjoy the barbecue, GA!

I took the opportunity to head home earlier than usual so I'm sitting at home, eating dinner and relaxing for a while. The weather is gorgeous and the sun is streaming through the windows! Usually I don't get home until around eight, so I'm a couple of hours early. Woo hoo!

Outlawman13
06-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Right now I'm just editing another picture and going to go walking soon. Should be fun

zeldabjr
06-04-2013, 11:04 PM
hope your barbecue was good GA

OLM13...how far do you walk...do you do this every day?

Outlawman13
06-05-2013, 12:08 AM
LOL I love to walk all the time actually!!! I just have my earphones in (listen to the Eagles) and go for a long time. I'm not really sure about how far I walk, but I normally go for about 2 hours. It just gives me something to do. LOL.

WalshFan88
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Getting ready to watch CMT awards and surfing the net.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm trying to get psyched for the Pens game in a few minutes. Woke up early and was doing a few things on my computer, and started working early. I installed Spybot this past weekend because it occurred to me that I'd never scanned for malware, only what Norton picks up. The computer, especially internet, began running very slowly. I had configured Spybot to do absolutely nothing unless I told it to (the scan found nothing). Last night it did some scan of my computer and barked at me this morning for leaving a browser up overnight. Good grief, who are they, my mother? I leave six of them up, at least, every night! So, I decided to uninstall due to the slowness. Well, it set a proxy setting to one of their servers and the uninstall didn't undo it. Took me three hours and $60 to figure out what the issue was, three hours where I was supposed to be working!

Now, I'm recovering from catching up at work and vacuuming the pool. Getting ready to find some alkeehol because apparently my Pens have decided to take a vacation in the middle of the playoffs.

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Watching the CMT awards, and let me tell you...not being a country fan, it is painful to sit through! Is this the show where Joe and Brad Paisley's song or video is up for an award?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Watching the CMT awards, and let me tell you...not being a country fan, it is painful to sit through! Is this the show where Joe and Brad Paisley's song or video is up for an award?

It is. It could be worse. You could be watching my Pens. :(

I detest award shows. I haven't watched one since our guys were on the first country one, 2007?, and even then I recorded it and fast forwarded to the part I wanted to watch.

WalshFan88
06-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I like them, because I like seeing the performances.

I like most of modern country as it's very rock-y and very classic. I'll take it over modern rock anyday. And the guitars are great to watch.

Grey Sadler
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm watching Duck Dynasty reruns...has Joe been on the awards show yet??

WalshFan88
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Now!!!

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm watching Duck Dynasty reruns...has Joe been on the awards show yet??

His award is on now!!!

WalshFan88
06-05-2013, 09:19 PM
What a crock of #$!*.

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Joe and Brad didn't win. :-( The award went to Jason Aldean, Luke Somebody and somebody else.

Prettymaid
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
What a crock of #$!*.

:rofl: My sentiments exactly!

Switching channels...

WalshFan88
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
:rofl: My sentiments exactly!

Switching channels...

Me too, after Keith Urban played. I really like Keith Urban... Not so much the country-pop'ers. I was waiting on Joe's nomination and Keith Urban.

sad-cafe
06-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Little Big Town is doing The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

pretty good

Brooke
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
I saw it and I thought it was good too! Keith Urban didn't hurt any either! :wink:

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Just home for lunch now.

I do wish I would have waited to hear LBT do The Chain. I like them.

Troubadour
06-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I've had a long, but good, day teaching. I had to rush off after school to do my skills test (compulsory numeracy and literacy exams for trainee teachers), which took an hour and a half in total. Thankfully I passed both of them! I am so relieved. I honestly didn't think I would pass numeracy first time; maths has always been my weakest subject and I really didn't do the revision I should have done. I am thrilled! One less thing to focus on now.

The only negative is that, during the test, my throat started to feel really weird... my tonsil is swollen on the right side and it feels an awful lot like tonsillitus. I am so hoping it's not a bad dose. I have my final grading conference in under two weeks and I really don't need to be sick!

Outlawman13
06-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm glad that you passed your test Lou, but so sorry that your tonsils are swollen. I hope you aren't coming down with anything.

Right now I am doing a tribute to Robert Englund and on facebook. LOL.

WalshFan88
06-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Just home for lunch now.

I do wish I would have waited to hear LBT do The Chain. I like them.

It was awesome.. It was the best version I've seen other than FM.

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Troub, hopefully it was just a case of nerves.

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately it's full-blown tonsillitis. I knew it when it started feeling funny. I feel awful today - full body aches, shivers, zero energy. And my throat and ears are killing me. I could cry. I am so annoyed that I've had to take today off, especially after such a good week. I was also due to have dinner with a couple of friends tonight, just a relaxing catch-up on a Friday evening... Gutted. :-(

wasl89
06-07-2013, 04:39 AM
Sitting in the train and listening to the On the Border album.

Houston Baby
06-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately it's full-blown tonsillitus. I knew it when it started feeling funny. I feel awful today - full body aches, shivers, zero energy. And my throat and ears are killing me. I could cry. I am so annoyed that I've had to take today off, especially after such a good week. I was also due to have dinner with a couple of friends tonight, just a relaxing catch-up on a Friday evening... Gutted. :-(

Troub - I'm so sorry! Maybe you can get into the doctor today & get some meds, rest up this weekend and be ready for next week. Take it easy this weekend and listen to our guys! Feel better!! :hug:

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Thank you so much, HB. :hug:

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Unfortunately it's full-blown tonsillitis. I knew it when it started feeling funny. I feel awful today - full body aches, shivers, zero energy. And my throat and ears are killing me. I could cry. I am so annoyed that I've had to take today off, especially after such a good week. I was also due to have dinner with a couple of friends tonight, just a relaxing catch-up on a Friday evening... Gutted. :-(

I feel bad for you!!! Maybe it's best that it happened at the end of the week and you have the weekend to rest up, and won't miss as much. Hopefully.

Brooke
06-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Troub, I'm so sorry you're sick! Take care and get well soon!

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys. Sorry, I'm going to have a vent now... As if I didn't already feel bad, I've just received messages from the school and uni saying that they were really worried because they hadn't heard anything from me. I left a voicemail with my class teacher just after 7am (which she didn't get until 2pm, apparently) and also sent an email to my class teacher and another teacher, which apparently she didn't receive either. What the hell? It is sitting there in my Sent folder. I can understand them worrying, but I have no idea why they didn't receive my messages. They're okay with me, and said not to worry, but it's made me feel even more rubbish. :-(

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Aw Troub, that really sucks. As far as the voicemail, I don't understand why she didn't get it until 2...or is it that she didn't check it until 2. If so, that's on her. Anyway, it sounds like you did everything you could and they understand, but I know how you feel.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Troub, I really hope you get to feeling better!

Outlawman13
06-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Lou, I sure hope you feel better soon:hug:. Get lots of rest!!!

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks again, guys. Turns out they DID get the email... I guess they just didn't check it in time. I'm feeling a little better. Painkillers have helped with the fever and aches, so that's a relief.

sad-cafe
06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks again, guys. Turns out they DID get the email... I guess they just didn't check it in time. I'm feeling a little better. Painkillers have helped with the fever and aches, so that's a relief.

so glad you are feeling better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8zoR-n5sig

this will make you feel better. Think fun/sun/summer

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Aw, thanks SC!

sad-cafe
06-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Aw, thanks SC!

I know it is Joe and not Don, but it is a GREAT summer song. Going to crank it up as soon as my soaps are over and clean

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I've finally found a LGTIT lover, like myself. :mrgreen:

Hope you're back to normal soon, Troub.

I am sitting on the screened porch watching Hubby wash the deck...and tomorrow I'm going to sit on the screened porch and watch Hubby stain the deck. (I'm all about the moral support..."Good job, Honey", "Looks great, Babe", "I think you missed a spot, Sugar-Booger")

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 07:16 PM
LOL, Cathy! Sounds like a relaxing weekend (for you, at least!) :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 07:19 PM
LOL, Cathy! Sounds like a relaxing weekend (for you, at least!) :thumbsup:

Well, I do have to work until noon. ;-)

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I'M FREAKING OUT right now...can't find my LROOE CD...scouring the house!!!!....oh...and watching hockey...lol!

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Is it still in the player, Z?

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Is it still in the player, Z?

ha ha...no...HFO is in the player...

Tiffanny Twisted
06-08-2013, 10:45 PM
I've finally found a LGTIT lover, like myself. :mrgreen:

Hope you're back to normal soon, Troub.

I am sitting on the screened porch watching Hubby wash the deck...and tomorrow I'm going to sit on the screened porch and watch Hubby stain the deck. (I'm all about the moral support..."Good job, Honey", "Looks great, Babe", "I think you missed a spot, Sugar-Booger")
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: such a mental picture I have right now...will make me smile for a long time..my kinda moral support..(although its more fun to go shopping for shoes).....we gotta show our support ..right???

Outlawman13
06-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Right now I'm listening to Our Boys, having a drink, and on facebook

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 01:01 AM
me too...minus the drink...sounds good...I'm watching Farewell I Disc 2

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 07:07 AM
still up...haven't slept a wink...what's wrong with me huh?

wasl89
06-09-2013, 08:02 AM
On my way to Amsterdam to see Josh Groban in the Ziggodome! Very excited!!

Prettymaid
06-09-2013, 08:02 AM
me too...minus the drink...sounds good...I'm watching Farewell I Disc 2

Good! You found it!

Prettymaid
06-09-2013, 08:17 AM
On my way to Amsterdam to see Josh Groban in the Ziggodome! Very excited!!

Enjoy yourself, wasl!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Making my usual Sunday mornig big breakfast.....then attempting to make a chocolate strawberry tart for two gals at work for their bdays tomorrow but I suck at baking so wish me luck.:hilarious:

Henley Honey
06-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Making my usual Sunday mornig big breakfast.....then attempting to make a chocolate strawberry tart for two gals at work for their bdays tomorrow but I suck at baking so wish me luck.:hilarious:

Good luck, TT!! Just in case, do you pass a bakery on the way to work? :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-09-2013, 10:35 AM
No Joanie , lol I dont.Plus I leave so early the chain grocery store isnt even opened yet. lol
My back up plan....I bought a gluten free carrott cake mix the had three easy ingredients only I left the store without buying the dam shreaded carrotts.
Ya know when I was a little girl, I would bake with my grandmom and me and the rolling pin had issues and most of my cookies wound up hitting the floor so many times...my grandma said ..."thats ok sweetie, your making cookies for the doggies".:hilarious:
Now give me some beads and vintage jewelery and a pair of pliers and then I am in heaven.
Oh well off to the grocery store for what I forgot yesterday and kmart for a "fluted pan" what ever the heck that is.....

Troubadour
06-09-2013, 12:11 PM
It's a dull day here so I just went to see The Purge (seriously, don't bother!) and now I'm going to do a little bit more lesson planning before I relax for the evening. I'm still not 100% but I'm better than I was. Not particularly looking forward to school after the mix-up on Friday, but I'm sure it will be fine once I'm there. I just fancy an evening of pampering, face masks and watching The Voice!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Sitting here, staring at the grass and wishing it would stop growing. Guess I need to go out and mow. :(

Outlawman13
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Hope you have lots of fun Ward!!! Never seen Josh Groban in concert, but love his music

Right now I'm playing some video games, on facebook, and listening to Our Boys.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
well the tort looks like the picture and I shudda quit while I was ahead cause the carrott cake is gonna be chewy.'appartnely i miss read and put shredded carrots in instead of grindded up carrotts in the mix. oh well ...now you know why I dont bake lol...
now I gotta figure out how to get the torte to work tomorrow in one piece ..

Troubadour
06-09-2013, 04:56 PM
I was sitting here feeling a little down, kind of dreading work tomorrow, and then I read on FB about the passing of Scottish author Iain Banks, aged 59, of cancer. He only found out and announced that he was terminally ill on his website two months ago. So sad. Life can change (and end) in the blink of an eye. Every time things like this happen, I wonder why the hell we worry about anything... in the grand scheme of things, none of the small negative stuff matters.

Henley Honey
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I was sitting here feeling a little down, kind of dreading work tomorrow, and then I read on FB about the passing of Scottish author Iain Banks, aged 59, of cancer. He only found out and announced that he was terminally ill on his website two months ago. So sad. Life can change (and end) in the blink of an eye. Every time things like this happen, I wonder why the hell we worry about anything... in the grand scheme of things, none of the small negative stuff matters.

Amen.

Midnight_Flyer
06-09-2013, 05:33 PM
watching History Of The Eagles Part 2 :D

Outlawman13
06-10-2013, 12:12 AM
On facebook, listening to some Longbranch Pennywhistle, and might play some video games.

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 03:23 AM
well the tort looks like the picture and I shudda quit while I was ahead cause the carrott cake is gonna be chewy.'appartnely i miss read and put shredded carrots in instead of grindded up carrotts in the mix. oh well ...now you know why I dont bake lol...
now I gotta figure out how to get the torte to work tomorrow in one piece ..

to me shredded and "ground up" are the same thing...I always shred the carrots for a carrot cake...it'll be fine...and I'm sure your tart will be delicous too!

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 03:27 AM

aww how sad Lou...my mom lasted four months from her diagnosis to the time she died...can be very quick...maybe a blessing...yeah we all worry so much about so many really insignificant things...how does the saying go?...don't sweat the small stuff...
Enjoy life..it's short...

Glennsallnighter
06-10-2013, 04:21 AM
I totally agree Zelda! Take what opportunities you can.

I'm sorry you feel so dejected Lou. :hug: I hope today goes ok at work.

We have had 7 days of 20+ temperature here and wall to wall sunshine. In the Irish psyche, that's our summer. Been out in it most of the time so I'm ever so slightly 'Frey'd'.

Out having breakfast on the patio now

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Breakfast on the patio sounds so nice GA! Enjoy! I really should make time for that some Saturday.

TT - hope your torte made it to work ok & is being enjoyed by all!

Troub - hope your Monday and the beginning of the new week is going better than the ending of last week! :thumbsup:

Midnight_Flyer
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
watching Eagles Farewell Tour :partytime:

Outlawman13
06-10-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm on facebook and thinking of listening to some music!!! LOL

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Even though we are officially on holidays I went into work today to tidy up my room ready for the end of August when we return.

Midnight_Flyer
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
watching crime channel

wasl89
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Making some homework while listening to the Hotel California album

Outlawman13
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
On facebook and getting ready to meet Nancy!!!

Brooke
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Finally made it back here and am trying to catch up! 4 pages of posts....you guys sure talk a lot around here! :lol:

Houston Baby
06-12-2013, 11:06 AM
I am not sure where to put this but the Eagles website just sent me an email that they are having a storewide sale - 20%.

"Save now on great gifts for Father's Day in the official Eagles online store (http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click?q=1;121042;s0X%2B57HhtAJ%2Fx59TJg%2BU5xviVT8 O3w1G&src=NEWS121042&utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_121042)! Get 20% off select merchandise* and free domestic shipping on any order over $100. This offer ends Sunday at midnight, so take advantage now"

Topkat
06-12-2013, 01:54 PM
While looking out my office window, there was a guy taking his pants off in front of the window, up about 20 floors in the building across from me....Guess he doesn't realize there are people working in high buildings that can see right into his window....He was changing all his clothes!! We couldn't stop laughing!:lol::lol::lol:

It's an interesting day around here!

Brooke
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Tk, that's :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
watching Oprah interview Kelsey Grammer

Outlawman13
06-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Listening to Our Boys and on facebook. I was changing my cover photo

cricrichan
06-12-2013, 07:06 PM
While looking out my office window, there was a guy taking his pants off in front of the window, up about 20 floors in the building across from me....Guess he doesn't realize there are people working in high buildings that can see right into his window....He was changing all his clothes!! We couldn't stop laughing!:lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahahahahahaha :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOL :lol:

I'm reading some news on the Internet and almost ready to go to bed ;)

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 07:47 PM

oh my...that is too funny...the dangers of living in the big city...and not closing your blinds...lol...maybe he wanted you to look...lol

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 08:50 PM
watching Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals...what am I going to do when hockey is over?...oh no...

and still looking for my LROOE CDs...they have been MIA for days now...:-(

Midnight_Flyer
06-14-2013, 06:49 PM
i'm watching The Breakfast Club :D one of my favourite ever films

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I've made a stupid boo boo on facebook but in a way it was a good thing cos it confirmed something for me: I was sort of having a bit of fun with a lad on there flirting not realising that my settings weren't set to private which means obviously everybody I'm friends with can read my posts and my dad was on my friends list and he saw what were saying so he asked my sister to unfriend me frm his facebook cos of what he saw which confirms to me his a homophobe

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: LOL :lol:

I'm reading some news on the Internet and almost ready to go to bed ;)

Oooh was he fit? :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I put on a film at 10pm and made the fatal mistake of laying down on my bed... I woke up at 2:39am, film over, having missed the entire thing! Now I'm just catching up a little with The Border and listening to an episode of QI. It's so nice to be able to do this, without worrying about getting up at 5:30am. :yay:

cricrichan
06-15-2013, 06:29 AM
Oooh was he fit? :hilarious:

Yeah it was ;)

Listening to some Glenn's Frey songs and about to start cooking for lunch

cricrichan
06-15-2013, 06:32 AM
I put on a film at 10pm and made the fatal mistake of laying down on my bed... I woke up at 2:39am, film over, having missed the entire thing! Now I'm just catching up a little with The Border and listening to an episode of QI.

It's so nice to be able to do this, without worrying about getting up at 5:30am. :yay:

So agree on this last bit, Troub :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
06-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Getting ready to go have my hair cut & hi-lited. First pampering :thumbsup:& then to work :thumbsdown:for a few hours!

Outlawman13
06-15-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm getting ready for work and going to watch HOTE

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-15-2013, 08:41 AM

It's an interesting day around here! oohhh wish I worked there
:D

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Fathers day tomorrow here so I was thinking I should maybe get my dad a card at least but considering what he recently did on facebook I'm thinking I shouldn't even bother doing that if that's how he feels I may as well just save a couple of pounds do yous think I'm overreacting?

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-15-2013, 12:22 PM
I aint greedy btw lol its nothing to do with the money its about the principal

Midnight_Flyer
06-15-2013, 02:05 PM
watching a John Fogerty dvd with my dad

VAisForEagleLovers
06-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I have six million things to do around this house, but instead of doing any of them, I napped by the pool. Now it's time to get cleaned up and get ready for church.

Henley Honey
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Fathers day tomorrow here so I was thinking I should maybe get my dad a card at least but considering what he recently did on facebook I'm thinking I shouldn't even bother doing that if that's how he feels I may as well just save a couple of pounds do yous think I'm overreacting?

It may be that he acted impulsively and regrets it. I'd keep the lines of communication open. I'd absolutely send him a card. He's still your Dad, even if he's acting like a bit of a dic#head. JMO!

Outlawman13
06-15-2013, 05:37 PM
On facebook and going to play some video games. LOL it's too hot for a walk right now.

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm watching 'History Of The Eagles'

Houston Baby
06-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I have six million things to do around this house, but instead of doing any of them, I napped by the pool. Now it's time to get cleaned up and get ready for church.

VA - with everything that has been going on in your life, you are probably exhausted. You EARNED that nap girl!!

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-16-2013, 12:33 PM
It may be that he acted impulsively and regrets it. I'd keep the lines of communication open. I'd absolutely send him a card. He's still your Dad, even if he's acting like a bit of a dic#head. JMO!
Thanks henley honey I took your advice and got my dad a card and if he wants to reject me cos of what I am then that's his problem not mine that's the way I see it and its not as though I'm really close to my mum and dad anyway

Outlawman13
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Going to go to Austin for a walk and swim in Barton Springs

wasl89
06-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Listening to some music and reading some school books.

Houston Baby
06-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Going to go to Austin for a walk and swim in Barton Springs

Hope you have fun OM13!!

I haven't been to Barton Springs in years & years! That cool water is so refreshing in the summer!! :jealous:

Houston Baby
06-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Hope all our guys are having a wonderful FATHER'S DAY plus all the fathers in our lives!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Troubadour
06-16-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm just heading to bed. I've been working for most of the day but I went out this evening to see Man of Steel, which was fun. Henry Cavill is gorgeous - and so buff! I also called my Grandad and wished him a Happy Father's Day. Now I'm just focused on getting these last five days of placement DONE!

Prettymaid
06-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Goodnight Troub. Hope you're feeling better now. I think I can see you sprinting to the finish line...

Outlawman13
06-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Hope you have fun OM13!!

I haven't been to Barton Springs in years & years! That cool water is so refreshing in the summer!! :jealous:

Thank you very much HB!! It was very nice after a very, hot walk. LOL. It was too mossy this time though. That weed stuff is overtaking the spring, but it felt so good. It wasn't really that cold this time around.

Happy Father's Day to all of you fathers on this board. Hope it was an incredible day!!!

Right now I'm very tired and maybe go out on another walk with my dad here soon. LOL. Yeah I can't pass up that chance.

Troubadour
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Goodnight Troub. Hope you're feeling better now. I think I can see you sprinting to the finish line...

Thanks! I'll be glad when I get tomorrow's final conference out of the way...

Outlawman13
06-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Lou, I sure do hope all will be better for you tomorrow after your conference. Are your tonsils still hurting you?

Right now I'm celebrating the birthday of the first Eagles album, on facebook, and on here. LOL. Fun fun

Troubadour
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Lou, I sure do hope all will be better for you tomorrow after your conference. Are your tonsils still hurting you?

They're a lot better, thanks. I have a lingering cough but I'm feeling much better than I was! School is fine... it will just be a relief to have my grading conference over and done with. :)

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 02:08 PM
So glad you are feeling better Troub! It's down the home stretch now!! I bet you are excited about that! :yay:

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 08:16 PM
The Swon Brothers are doing ICTYW on the Voice right now!

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
OK - I did not like the Swon Brothers rendition. But Adam said they did an amazing job. Adam also said the Eagles are some of the greatest singers in the world! I definitely agree with you Adam on that! The Eagles are some of the greatest singers in the world!! :thumbsup:

Topkat
06-17-2013, 08:37 PM
I LOVED the Swon Brothers version of ICTYW...It was a little more country, but they sounded fantastic!!! They deserve to WIN!
Very difficult song to sing & we are used to Timothy singing it, but it takes BALLS to even attempt to sing that song! They deserve props!
Great tribute to out guys tonight on The Voice!:thumbsup:

Outlawman13
06-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Man I missed it!!! I wish I watched it, but hopefully it will be on youtube here soon.

Grey Sadler
06-17-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm listening to our boys' debut album :D
FYI...my dad is having a CAT scan on his legs (possible blockages?) in the morning...he hasn't come on FB yet, might have gone to bed early...hoping all goes well tomorrow...

Outlawman13
06-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I hope your dad gets better Amy. Praying and thoughts for you and your father.

I"m on facebook, listening to some music, and waiting for my dad to watch Nurse Jackie with me. Love that show.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Setting my DVRs. Believe it or not, my Pastor is giving the opening prayer at the House of Representatives tomorrow at noon. I hope he's not too nervous and gets some sleep tonight! It'll be on CSPAN, so I'll record it.

Topkat
06-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Man I missed it!!! I wish I watched it, but hopefully it will be on youtube here soon.

I posted it in "Hearing the Eagles songs" thread. It's on Youtube already! That took about 3 minutes! LOL

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
You guys should start a The Voice thread. I would, but I don't watch it. We used to have an American Idol thread going every season.

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm listening to our boys' debut album :D
FYI...my dad is having a CAT scan on his legs (possible blockages?) in the morning...he hasn't come on FB yet, might have gone to bed early...hoping all goes well tomorrow...

GS - I'm saying a prayer for your dad. Hope all goes well!

Topkat
06-17-2013, 11:51 PM
You guys should start a The Voice thread. I would, but I don't watch it. We used to have an American Idol thread going every season.

The Voice is ending tomorrow, so I don't think it's worth doing a thread!

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Good luck with the grading conference Troub! I'm sure you will get a glowing grade. You have worked so hard this year you deserve it.

I'm having breakfast.

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 07:41 AM
The Voice is ending tomorrow, so I don't think it's worth doing a thread!

Oh! Well, there's always next season!

sad-cafe
06-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I LOVED the Swon Brothers version of ICTYW...It was a little more country, but they sounded fantastic!!! They deserve to WIN!
Very difficult song to sing & we are used to Timothy singing it, but it takes BALLS to even attempt to sing that song! They deserve props!
Great tribute to out guys tonight on The Voice!:thumbsup:

well shoot. They came in 3rd. I so wanted them to win it all. They sang two different Eagles songs this season. It was great.

Outlawman13
06-18-2013, 11:49 PM
I"m watching The Eagles Documentary, on facebook, and having a drink. Yummy. I just don't want to go to bed.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2013, 04:31 AM
What a lovely way to spend an evening OM13,

I'm just over breakfast and its gorgeous out. Gonna head out for a walk. Then do my workout.

Outlawman13
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Thank you Ga!! I hope you had a great walk and workout.

I'm watching Pretty Little Liars and getting ready for work

cricrichan
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Playing with my 2-year-old nephew and listening to Glenn Frey :D

Outlawman13
06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm watching Pretty Little Liars and on facebook!!!

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Relaxing and watching YouTube videos.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-20-2013, 06:27 AM
hi ho hi ho its off to work I go.....

oh well

Outlawman13
06-20-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm watching Mork and Mindy and getting ready for work

wasl89
06-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Waiting for the clock to reach 2 pm, I have to do a presentation.

Troubadour
06-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I hope your presentation went well!

I'm kicking myself because I just accidentally hit "mark all forums read". :doh:

Outlawman13
06-20-2013, 04:55 PM
That's not good Lou!!!

I'm listening to Randy Meisner, looking at some Ben Orr photos, and on facebook

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM

I'm kicking myself because I just accidentally hit "mark all forums read". :doh:

Oops!

sad-cafe
06-20-2013, 08:57 PM
watching the NBA game 7 hoping the Spurs pull it out!

Outlawman13
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
The Heat Is On!!!!! LOL

I'm listening to Randy Meisner, on facebook, and was looking at Randy's pictures

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2013, 05:07 AM

Hate that too Lou!

I'm marking exams. It's just stepped up a gear since I heard about the MSG concepts coming up. The more €€€ the better!

wasl89
06-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Watching Once Upon a Time in the West, one of my favorites movies!
The line "You brought two too many" is legendary!

Troubadour
06-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I've just got home after a lovely evening out with friends. We've been celebrating finishing our final teaching placements. It still seems quite surreal at the moment, but I am so looking forward to the weekend ahead. No lesson planning to do... I can finally do some 'me' things like read a new novel or do some writing of my own. Feeling sleepy but happy!

Prettymaid
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
You deserve some downtime, Troub. Enjoy your weekend!

Outlawman13
06-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Listening to some Randy, on facebook, and so very excited that I don't want to go to bed!!!!

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Walking the dogs ,doing a bit of shopping then when get chance to relax gonna listen to my eagles live cds looking forward to that :)

Outlawman13
06-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm watching Castle In The Sky and getting ready for work

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Listening to some good music, catching up with The Border and relaxing. I bought a new Yankee candle earlier and it smells absolutely gorgeous... it's called 'rainwashed berry'.

Prettymaid
06-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Mmmm...

I am currently sitting on the screened porch enjoying an adult beverage. I worked this morning, and just before I left the bank it started pouring rain! It has been hot and humid the past couple days and the rain really cooled things down. I'll be going in to get dinner started soon.

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry the rain has meant you can't sit on the deck, but it sounds like you have found a nice alternative. Enjoy your adult beverage... wish I could join you!