PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing Right Now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

glenneaglesfan
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Brooke, how frustrating and annoying, especially after a long trip. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Troub, have a wonderful trip to Rhodes. My holiday in Turkey was the first package trip I'd ever booked, and it was superb.

It's raining here for the first time in three weeks. We Brits are so used to bad weather that it's caught us out, but generally everyone has been making the most of it.

Freypower
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Hugh, yes, but not Donald. Too Scottish. :mrgreen: My money is on George.

I was right! George Alexander Louis; only three names, not four! I have always loved the name George. If my surname didn't start with a G & I had had a boy, I would have wanted him to be George (my husband refused to have 'GG' because it sounds like the English term 'geegee' meaning a horse).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-25/new-prince-named-george-alexander-louis/4841960

Troubadour
07-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Yes, George Alexander Louis is really handsome.

Prettymaid
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
It's raining here for the first time in three weeks. We Brits are so used to bad weather that it's caught us out, but generally everyone has been making the most of it.

What's "caught us out"? Does it mean caught by surprise? I'm glad you've been able to enjoy some nice weather.

Troubadour
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Yes - caught by surprise :)

Prettymaid
07-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes - caught by surprise :)

Thanks Troub. I love those little sayings that I sometimes see in yours and GEF's and GA's posts. Sometimes I wonder how often that happens with you guys reading my posts!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-24-2013, 08:24 PM

I think we have your weather!! You can have it back! Rain every day is not what we're used to here!

Outlawman13
07-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Rain really does suck

I'm watching Riders Of Berk and getting ready for work

Brooke
07-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Off to town today with my favorite daughter in law for a day of shopping! And maybe peeking at a few babyish items! Fun! :smile:

Prettymaid
07-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Have fun, Brooke!

I sound like a broken record, but I am having breakfast and going to work.

Prettymaid
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Home for lunch and just realized I passed 10,000 posts! I'll have to celebrate later - back to work for a few hours!

prayfordaylight
07-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Congrats PM!

Houston Baby
07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
:yay::yay::yay::yay: YAY PM!!
I love reading your posts!!

Outlawman13
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Congrats Cathy!!!!

Glennsallnighter
07-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats Cathy!

I'm watching 'Wife Swap'. (Cindy..... wanna swap?.........)

Troubadour
07-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I love the new avatar, GA!

Glennsallnighter
07-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks Troub! I see you changed yours recently too! Lovely!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-25-2013, 09:21 PM
watching eagles on you tube,,,,ok I was never a fan of witchy woman but I am so loving the new version of it I just cant get enough. I hear sat nite and train in my head all day long...god I think it would take about three years but I do hope they release this tour on dvd :headbang:

Houston Baby
07-25-2013, 10:23 PM
I just finished packing. My sister is taking me to Brenham tomorrow for my birthday gift. Brenham is a small country town @ an hour west of Houston. For those who know of Blue Bell ice cream, this is the home of the little creamery. I can't wait to get to Blue Bell & try some new ice cream flavors plus they have the cutest gift shop. We're staying 2 nights @ a bed & breakfast called the Ant Street Inn. It is an old country store & warehouse that was gutted & turned into the inn. It's great because of the charm of the old building, the amazing antiques filling it, & the modern conviences that are included. And the breakfast is awesome! I am looking forward to some antique shopping, good food & relaxing on the upstairs balcony in one of their comfortable rocking chairs. :grin:

Outlawman13
07-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I hope you have a lot of fun tomorrow Debbie!!!

Lisa, I love that new avvie as well!!! MMM Glenn!!! LOL

Right now I'm watching Pretty Little Liars. Love this show!!

Glennsallnighter
07-26-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks OM13

HB enjoy your trip!

Enjoy those vids TT!

I'm getting some work prepared for a course we will run next week.

Prettymaid
07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds wonderful, Debbie. Have fun!

Troubadour
07-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Have a great time, HB!

I'm heading out to meet with the estate agent about the house. Excited to get the ball rolling! Then I'm going to meet a friend in town for coffee. Still need to pack tonight!

Houston Baby
07-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks everyone! :grouphug:
Right now I am waiting for my sister to pick me up. I am anxious to get this show on the road! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

Brooke
07-26-2013, 09:53 AM
HB, have fun! Sounds like a great time!

I have various things to do today and really can't decide which to do first! :dizzy:

Outlawman13
07-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Right now I'm eating some yogurt, listening to our boys, and don't feel like working tonight. Blech. LOL. At least it is Freyday today!!! LOL

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Getting ready to do more packing. Who knew one person could have so much stuff?

Troubadour
07-27-2013, 07:41 AM
I've been finishing packing and clearing out my room this morning. Just about to head home for a few days before we fly out to Rhodes on Wednesday.

Outlawman13
07-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Right now I'm watching Smokey And The Bandit and getting ready fo work.

Prettymaid
07-27-2013, 08:56 AM
I love your new sig, Troub!

I am feeling much better this morning and am working from 9 - noon.

Troubadour
07-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I love your new sig, Troub!

I am feeling much better this morning and am working from 9 - noon.

Thanks! He's such a cutie.

I'm so glad you're feeling better. A nice short work shift too!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Glad you seem to be on the mend, PM!

HB - hope you have a fantastic weekend with your sister.

And VA and Troub - hate to say it, but I'm glad it's you doing the packing and not me.

And, for the first time in what seems like months, I'm doing absolutely nothing for a couple of hours other than trying to catch up on The Border - feels kinda good!

07-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Congrats Cathy!

I'm watching 'Wife Swap'. (Cindy..... wanna swap?.........)

Okay GA - that was funny! :lol:

And Kate (GEF) - I haven't been around much in this forum lately, but I want to wish you much happiness in the future as you begin to venture into new frontiers. You are such a sweet person and deserve the best. And I wish you the strength to shoot for the stars. Maybe sometime in the future, you can plan a trip to the states and we could meet up. Sooner or later, I'm still planning on crossing the pond for a visit to the other side - just haven't figured out when. Hang in there, girl!

Troubadour
07-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Yay, Dreamer - enjoy your relaxing couple of hours hanging out on The Border! You deserve it.

Prettymaid
07-27-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm home from work, have had lunch and am starting the laundry and a light house cleaning.

Troubadour
07-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Rock 'n' roll, PM! ;)

I'm chilling out at home. It's so nice to be back after a month or so. Maisie is sleeping across my arms as I'm typing and there is a lovely breeze coming through the window... It just poured with rain, so it's much cooler now. Love it!

Brooke
07-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Just popped a blackberry cobbler into the oven to take over to our son's this evening for a barbecue and visiting with them and the daughter in law's family that are visiting from sw Missouri.

Pm, glad your are feeling better!

Dreamer, glad you've made it here for a bit, at least!

Va and Troub, good luck with your packing it up! I'm also glad it's not me!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-27-2013, 04:10 PM
debbie happy birthday trip with your sis and have a blast . it sounds like fun fun fun.

VA ...now you know how I feel and times it by three since its JAHH and of cousrse JAhh jr who is in the windy city . I swear when that son of ours left ..he took himself only to the windy city and left everything he owned for the last 28 years here with us.
I start out sorting and being real organized when I pack but i wind up just saying at this point oh screw it and so it goes.:dizzy:
dreamer...welcome back and I missed you around here

trooub enjoy your relaxing time....
I am rercoverying from an infection.:yuck:the meds are working but boy are they making me sick to my stomach. and a headache to boot.Its my only choice. The drug given for what I have I am very very vey allergic too..so I am just struggling here and hoping weds comes soon when I am done...

Off to a barbq..I have the wine so I gotta show up even for a short time...oh and the case of water too...sadly Lukes momma is leaving him home so she can have adult time so I will have to keep busy with lillian his girlfriend (one of many)
happy sat afernoon all
peace out
tt

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Feel better, TT!

I'm sitting here with Maisie sprawled out on my lap, watching the men's diving world championships. GB's Tom Daley is participating. The outdoor setting is absolutely stunning - so cool to see the divers in the sunlight against the city background.

Later, I'm meeting a friend for dinner. She'll be staying here to keep Maisie company while we're away so I'm going to make sure she knows where everything is before we go out to eat.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2013, 09:57 AM
thanks troub..I just feel really tired and punky . wanna feel normal again...whatever normal is lol

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Aw, feel better soon, TT.

Troub, I totally forgot about poor Maisie and what you would do with her while you're all away! It's nice that you have someone who will come and stay with her so you don't have to board her.

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm really glad Anna can stay. We would have had friends/neighbours coming in most days to feed her, but it's nice that she will have company from the same person. I'm sure she won't be too worried and will get used to Anna very quickly!

I think we would have trouble boarding her because of her FIV.

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Feel better, TT!

I'm sitting here with Maisie sprawled out on my lap, watching the men's diving world championships. GB's Tom Daley is participating. The outdoor setting is absolutely stunning - so cool to see the divers in the sunlight against the city background.

Later, I'm meeting a friend for dinner. She'll be staying here to keep Maisie company while we're away so I'm going to make sure she knows where everything is before we go out to eat.

Oh that's great Troub. I was wondering what you'd do with Maisie while you are away. It's nice that you won't have to move her and that you have someone you trust to stay with her. Bet you're really excited now!

Outlawman13
07-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Have fun Lou!!!

Right now I am listening to Last Worthless Evening and on facebook.

Henley Honey
07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm really glad Anna can stay. We would have had friends/neighbours coming in most days to feed her, but it's nice that she will have company from the same person. I'm sure she won't be too worried and will get used to Anna very quickly!

I think we would have trouble boarding her because of her FIV.

I had to put Biggie and Boo Boo in the kennel overnight so I could go to the Bethel show. They were NOT feeling it. They looked a little shell-shocked when we picked them up and they slept for HOURS after we got them home.
I had the "new mom" guilt, so I got them a small suite, two play groups, two 20-minute walks, special food AND tuck-in service at bedtime. Suffice to say, their "hotel" bill was much larger than mine!!!

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 06:13 PM
That's hilarious, HH! I totally understand the guilt. I feel so much better now that Maisie will have a gentle human to look after her, though. She got on well with Anna tonight so I'm sure she will enjoy having a new person to fuss over her for the next two weeks.

glenneaglesfan
07-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Right now I am up far too late doing a bit of catching up!

TT, I hope you feel better soon, sounds a horrible time for you.

HH, your pups sound so funny giving you a guilt trip!

Troub, I didn't realise little Maisie had FIV. I'm glad to hear her rash is improving, she is a sweetie.

Okay GA - that was funny! :lol:

And Kate (GEF) - I haven't been around much in this forum lately, but I want to wish you much happiness in the future as you begin to venture into new frontiers. You are such a sweet person and deserve the best. And I wish you the strength to shoot for the stars. Maybe sometime in the future, you can plan a trip to the states and we could meet up. Sooner or later, I'm still planning on crossing the pond for a visit to the other side - just haven't figured out when. Hang in there, girl!

Kay, so very good to hear from you again. I have been lost in the wilderness but am finding my way back now, and, yes, a trip to the states is definitely high on my agenda! If you ever come over here, just give me a call!

GA, LOL!!!

Outlawman13
07-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Right now I'm watching some Ben Orr videos (LOL yeah surprise) and on facebook. Fun fun!!!! I'm just so glad that my weekend is finally here. LOL.

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Trying to renew my car insurance!

Prettymaid
07-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Having breakfast. Guess what? I grabbed a matching set of Fiestaware this morning...it's going to be a great day! Lol!

Troubadour
07-29-2013, 10:26 AM
LOL, Cathy!

Good luck with the insurance, Lis!

I've just got home after spending the day in town. I had my hair done this morning and then did some shopping for the holiday. Got a few bits that I'm pleased with. Like my new dress? It's a very bright, neon pink in real life (more so than the photo.)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/MeJulyDressCropped_zpsd93c06a7.png

Prettymaid
07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Ooh, I love that dress! Looks great! I have to say I'm a little envious of you going to Rhodes. It looks so exotic and tranquil at the same time.

Troubadour
07-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Aw, I wish you could come with us! I'm excited. It will be such a relaxing beach holiday, but there is a lot of history to see too - I can't wait to see the amphitheatre in Lindos. I've never seen that kind of ancient Greek architecture before.

Glad you like the dress. It was a bargain!

07-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Very cute beach dress, troub. And I'm :jealous: too. Would love to have a beach vacation right now. It's funny how different the beach is. When I went to Tennessee recently, we spent most of the week on my aunt's boathouse on a huge lake deep in the Smoky Mountains. It was very lovely, and I had a wonderful time, but it's still very different from being on a beach.

Outlawman13
07-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Love it Lou, and so amazing that you are going to go to the beach!!! Lucky you!!! LOL!!

Right now I'm watching the Houston '77 concert and everyone looks so lovely especially Glenn and Randy!!!! Yummy!!! Love their voices so very much!!! Just got it today!!

Brooke
07-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Troub, love your new dress! Perfect! I'm so envious too of your beach holiday! Have fun! And I'm glad you have someone coming in to look after Maisie. You might have trouble getting her to leave when you get back because she will fall in love with her!

Pm, hope your day turned out to be good! :lol:

sodascouts
07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Gorgeous - very striking - just like you! ;)

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2013, 04:55 PM
The dress is gorgeous Troub! It will look lovely when you are out at night on your holiday. I bet you are real excited.

I was about to pay the insurance online (€346) when a popup suggested I call the company to see if I could get a better deal. I did and they reduced it by €20! Not a bad mornings work! Lol

Outlawman13
07-29-2013, 05:19 PM
That is great Lisa!!! Too bad they didn't drop it any lower!!!

I'm watching the Cars and looking at my Eagles pictures I took not too long ago. LOL.

glenneaglesfan
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Lou, that dress is lovely. Have a wonderful time in Rhodes!

PM, what a great find!

GA, definitely worth shopping around for insurance, well done for getting a discount!

Dreamer, your lake vacation sounds wonderful.

I've just rescued a mouse using a plastic box to trap it. My kitties are lovely but don't respect the local wildlife. This summer I've had mice, voles, shrews, sparrows, slow worms and even a bat, which I did manage to save!

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
My goodness GEF! You are a real friend to those lil critters!

Prettymaid
07-29-2013, 09:01 PM
I've just rescued a mouse using a plastic box to trap it. My kitties are lovely but don't respect the local wildlife. This summer I've had mice, voles, shrews, sparrows, slow worms and even a bat, which I did manage to save!

A woman after my own heart!

Did you find all of those critters in your house?!!

Outlawman13
07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Aww that's so sweet that you did that Kate!!! Bats are awesome!!!!

Troubadour
07-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Good for you, Kate!

Glad you all like the dress. I am just getting ready to go. We will drive up to London to pick up my sister and get the rest of my stuff this afternoon, then we'll go for something to eat and stay in a Travel Lodge very near to the airport tonight. We have to leave at around 5am for the flight. Considering the weather has turned dull and wet these past couple of days, I'm excited to escape to the sunshine for a while. I am so looking forward to just relaxing by the sea with a good book... and of course, seeing the historical sites that Rhodes has to offer. Wish I could take you all with me!

Obviously contact will be sporadic for the next couple of weeks, but I'll still check in on FB when I get the chance. :grouphug:

Prettymaid
07-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Have a wonderful time, Lou! :wave:

I wish you safe travels, good reading, fun sightseeing, great food and hot guys to look at! I'll miss you!

Houston Baby
07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I wish you safe travels, good reading, fun sightseeing, great food and hot guys to look at! I'll miss you!

I think PM pretty much covers it, maybe add some refreshing cool drinks & sunny weather!

Have a FANTASTIC time Troub!! You certainly deserve it after all the hard work you have put in this year. And we will definitely miss you! Have FUN!!!

Outlawman13
07-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Have fun Lou!!!!!! We will miss you girl!!!!

I'm going to go to Austin and party!!!! LOL just walking and who knows afterwards!!!

prayfordaylight
07-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Safe travels and have a wonderful holiday!

Houston Baby
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Have fun Lou!!!!!! We will miss you girl!!!!

I'm going to go to Austin and party!!!! LOL just walking and who knows afterwards!!!

Have fun Christy!!!

Wish I was going to Austin with you; I LOVE that town!!

Outlawman13
07-30-2013, 04:30 PM
That would be awesome Debbie!!! Get your butt down here sometime soon and we could party together. LOL.

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Hope you have wall to wall sunshine Troub, and a wonderful holiday!

sodascouts
07-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Have fun!!

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Troub arrived safe and is enjoying herself in the hot sun.

For me is been a long day! Relaxing with a coffee.

Outlawman13
07-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Right now I'm listening to some Cars, staring at Nancy's beautiful avvie, and going to go to the store here!!!! LOL fun fun!!!!

Prettymaid
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Right now I'm listening to some Cars, staring at Nancy's beautiful avvie, and going to go to the store here!!!! LOL fun fun!!!!

I know!!! I can't stop looking at that avi!

Outlawman13
07-31-2013, 11:24 PM
I just find myself in a daze looking at that avvie!!! MMMM

LOL I'm playing Vectorman, on facebook, and just got done making another Glenn picture. LOL. Love making those.

sodascouts
07-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Glad you like it, ladies! lol!

Houston Baby
07-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Soda - your avi is absolutely MESMERIZING!!!:faint:

THANK YOU!!!

Troubadour
08-01-2013, 05:45 AM
That avatar is amazing!

Just checking in quickly. Rhodes is absolutely beautiful. I am currently lounging by the pool, switching between swimming, sunbathing and reading. We ate out at a lovely taverna last night; the sea is about 20 metres away. Can't wait to explore some of the sights! I had incredible views over German cities, Croatian mountains and the Greek islands as we flew... Stunning. Thanks for all of the good wishes! :grouphug:

Outlawman13
08-01-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself Lou! Wish I was there with you!

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi Lou! Thanks for checking in. You know I am living vicariously through you during your holiday, so I appreciate any updates! Can't wait to hear about the sightseeing!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Soda, you KNOW I like your avatar! Hope you keep it around for a while...

Troub, glad you're having such a great time!

I'm going into the office late today, need to drop off some paperwork at some places that don't open until 9am.

Henley Honey
08-01-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm going into the office late today, need to drop off some paperwork at some places that don't open until 9am.

Kentucky Parole Officer??? :razz:

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 12:36 PM

HH, don't go spreading rumors. The KPO opens at 8. ;-)

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Glad you're having fun Troub!

About to get dinner ready!

Houston Baby
08-01-2013, 02:20 PM

:rofl:

Brooke
08-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Troub, sounds fabulous and wish I were there! :sigh:

And Soda, yes, your av is devine! :smitten:

Outlawman13
08-01-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL HH!!!!

Right now I'm listening to Joe Walsh, on facebook, and gave up on my video game (for now). Getting too hard!!! LOL

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Love the av too Soda!

I'm watching 'The Simpsons' with Chris

Houston Baby
08-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Just got home & in the mail was my packages of HOTE merchandise! I am floored that it got here so fast. I just ordered last week. Ok, I take back all those mean thoughts that I had @ groundctrl - LOL!

I will report on the merchandise & quality in that thread after I check it.

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Great HB! What'd you get?

Outlawman13
08-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Awesome!!! Can't wait to see what you got!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2013, 06:20 PM
HH, don't go spreading rumors. The KPO opens at 8. ;-)

HaHa, HH and PM!! Now I know who I'm callin' when I need bail money!

Houston Baby
08-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Great HB! What'd you get?

PM - I posted the list in the HOTE merchandise thread. I was very pleased with everything.

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
PM - I posted the list in the HOTE merchandise thread. I was very pleased with everything.

Yes, I saw that, thanks! Sounds like you hit the jackpot! (Except for the paying for it part...)

Outlawman13
08-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I need to see that thread!!! LOL

Watching the Eagles Doc, on facebook, and I don't want to go back to work today:scowl:!!!

sodascouts
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Just got home & in the mail was my packages of HOTE merchandise! I am floored that it got here so fast. I just ordered last week. Ok, I take back all those mean thoughts that I had @ groundctrl - LOL!

Lucky you - groundctrl has screwed me so often and so hard that I expect any order I make to come at Christmastime.

cricrichan
08-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Watching a tv series called "Squadra Speciale: Cobra 11", don't know if anyone has ever heard of it, the English name for that should be "Alarm for Cobra 11 – The Motorway Police" ... BTW - the main characters are two funny policemen who always get in trouble :doh:Love that series!

Witchy Woman
08-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Playing around with my Pebble Watch. It's really neat !! I get texts on it and it shows you who's calling when your cell phone rings so you can accept or decline it. You can also control your music. I'm sure it does a lot more, I just need to figure it out !!

Outlawman13
08-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Right now I'm listening to Carol King and James Taylor at the Troubadour and on facebook!!!

Prettymaid
08-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Again, I sound like a broken record, but I'm getting ready to go to work. (That's all I do ;-). ) At my workplace we are supposed to get every other Saturday off. This will be the 7th one in a row for me. We are only open until noon on Saturdays, so it's not that bad...just enough to make you feel like you didn't get enough time away. We are currently very shorthanded, and I did tell them I'd help out, but ugh, I can't wait until next weekend when they've finally scheduled me off!

Outlawman13
08-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry Cathy. I hate working Saturdays too. I hope your boss keeps his word.

I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond and getting ready for work

Glennsallnighter
08-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm watching CSI with Laura.

08-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Wow, PM. You definitely need a full weekend off (as a matter of fact, you deserve two). As for me, on the other hand, my contract for my present position ended at the end of July, so I have taken a bit of a breather this week. It was nice considering how hectic things have been for the last several months. I'll probably start looking for another position within the next week or two.

WalshFan88
08-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Watching Youtube videos. Been working on computers and playing guitar today.

Glennsallnighter
08-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Good luck hunting Dreamer! And PM, I hope you do start getting more time off.

I'm in bed! It's Sunday and I'm feeling just a bit sleepy still!

Brooke
08-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Good luck dreamer!

I'm trying to catch up around here. This has been a very busy place!

Henley Honey
08-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Catching up on cleaning and laundry. Maybe a bike ride this afternoon because it's just too nice a day to stay inside!!

Outlawman13
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm watching Pretty Little Liars and maybe see a friend before I go to work today. I'm going to have two days off after this. OHHH yes.

Brooke
08-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Lunch out with my family at the local cook shack and a nap when I got home!

Houston Baby
08-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Catching up on cleaning and laundry. Maybe a bike ride this afternoon because it's just too nice a day to stay inside!!

It is TOO HOT here to enjoy the outdoors! I went to a movie with a friend & then grocery shopped. I am staying indoors now until the sun goes down. This heat & humidity is zapping my energy. The heat index is @ 109! UGH!!!

Henley Honey
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
It is TOO HOT here to enjoy the outdoors! I went to a movie with a friend & then grocery shopped. I am staying indoors now until the sun goes down. This heat & humidity is zapping my energy. The heat index is @ 109! UGH!!!

I hear it's LOVELY in Seattle!!!:partytime:

Glennsallnighter
08-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds v hot HB.

It's cooled down a bit here! Getting quite autumnal. I'm watching 'The Simpsons' with the kids

sad-cafe
08-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Watching FOOTBALL!!!

I am a Chiefs fan but football is football and it is back :)

Houston Baby
08-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I hear it's LOVELY in Seattle!!!:partytime:

WOO HOO! I can't wait!!!!

Outlawman13
08-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Right now I'm watching The Doctor Who: Live!! I need to see who the next doctor is!! Yeah I'm a freaking geek!!! LOL

Freypower
08-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Right now I'm watching The Doctor Who: Live!! I need to see who the next doctor is!! Yeah I'm a freaking geek!!! LOL

Peter Capaldi who became famous in the British political comedy The Thick Of it, which my husband loved & I found too repetitive. He strikes me as totally wrong for the part, but then I haven't watched it since Tom Baker left.

Outlawman13
08-06-2013, 12:04 AM
I honestly love Tom Baker's doctor!!! I can't get enough of him. I think Peter Capaldi will make a very good doctor. I find him gorgeous. LOL. Tom Baker and David Tennant will always be my doctors.

Right now I'm just on facebook and having a drink. Yum!! LOL

Glennsallnighter
08-06-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm just about to get Breakfast ready

Troubadour
08-06-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm sitting here on the balcony, reading. We're doing a tour of Rhodes by night this evening, which I'm looking forward to. There are two adorable ginger and white kittens sleeping in the corner of the balcony just a few feet away from me (pictures on FB.) The sheer number of feral cats in this area is the one thing that makes me sad... They look pretty healthy, but I just wish I could take them home!

Houston Baby
08-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Have fun tonight Troub!

And remember Maisie is waiting for you at home! :wink:

Prettymaid
08-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Troub, do the cats run from you or do they allow you to pet them? (I have a feeling I know the answer ;-) )

Troubadour
08-06-2013, 07:58 AM
These kittens are quite jumpy because they're young, but the other cats seem great with humans, so I'd say they're used to attention!

Prettymaid
08-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Oh look...matching Fiestaware...it's going to be a good day!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/null-11.jpgmm

Troubadour
08-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Nice colour, too!

sodascouts
08-07-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm never going to think of Fiestaware again without thinking of PM and Brooke!

Outlawman13
08-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Right now I'm getting ready for work, watching Doctor Who, and going to eat something

Brooke
08-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Yay Pm! :thumbsup: Kinda crazy that we love our dishware so much, but we do! :lol:

That's the color pie pan I got for my birthday. Love!

Getting ready for another hectic day, but the phone isn't ringing off the hook just yet................:fear:

Houston Baby
08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Hope it is a quieter day for you Brooke! :dizzy:

Prettymaid
08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm home for lunch right now. I was supposed to get off work at 3:30 this afternoon but I've been asked to stay until 5:00 :yuck: I've got a staycation coming up the week of the 19th. I can't wait for some R&R.

Houston Baby
08-07-2013, 12:56 PM
PM - do you need another bank teller? I am tired of the loan center & the H-town HEAT!! :hilarious:

Maybe I need a change! I LOVED being a teller!

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Enjoy the staycation PM.

I'd a v busy day so I'm putting my feet up for a few mins!

Prettymaid
08-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Guess what? The person who I was staying late for came in, so I was able to get out at 3:30!

PM - do you need another bank teller? I am tired of the loan center & the H-town HEAT!! :hilarious:

Maybe I need a change! I LOVED being a teller!

I like my job except for one big part of it - I'm required to sell. We have quotas we are supposed to meet and sales are a factor in our annual reviews. I do my best, but I despise being a salesperson. Some people are cut out for it and some people aren't. My talents are in the customer service part of my job - that and balancing my drawer. :mrgreen:

Houston Baby
08-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Ok forget that. :laugh: I dislike sales quotas too. I started in the New Accounts department many many moons ago & while I always got outstanding reviews from the secret shoppers, they would comment that I was lacking in the cross selling. Hey I figured people would know if they needed a savings account or safe deposit box. :laugh:

Prettymaid
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Ok forget that. :laugh: I dislike sales quotas too. I started in the New Accounts department many many moons ago & while I always got outstanding reviews from the secret shoppers, they would comment that I was lacking in the cross selling. Hey I figured people would know if they needed a savings account or safe deposit box. :laugh:

You can tell them all about the products, but you can't make them say yes. Yet that's more than half of what my annual review is based on - the closed referral. :-(

Outlawman13
08-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm watching AC/DC (love this group), having a drink, and on facebook.

Brooke
08-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I like my job except for one big part of it - I'm required to sell. We have quotas we are supposed to meet and sales are a factor in our annual reviews. I do my best, but I despise being a salesperson. Some people are cut out for it and some people aren't. My talents are in the customer service part of my job - that and balancing my drawer. :mrgreen:

I didn't know tellers were supposed to sell! Learn something everyday here, I tell you! :lol:

I was a furniture salesperson off and on for 10 years and I hated it. It's just not me at all. Now, I have two brothers that were born to sell! They are great at it. And I also wonder sometimes if I was adopted because that's not the only way we are different.......:lol:

Prettymaid
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I didn't know tellers were supposed to sell! Learn something everyday here, I tell you! :lol:

Not all banks make their tellers sell, and some are more laid back than others.

I can't picture you as a furniture salesperson at all! :laugh:

Right now I am relaxing on the couch, Hubby has Pawn Stars on TV, but I'm not paying a lot of attention to it. I'm having a glass of wine and catching up here!

WalshFan88
08-08-2013, 08:45 PM
HotE is on TV right now, so I'm watching that.

Outlawman13
08-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm going to watch Carrie and on facebook. LOL I love watching scary movies

sodascouts
08-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Watching the 1934 version of Jane Eyre. It's so quaint!

Outlawman13
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Right now I'm watching Doctor Who (Tom Baker) and on facebook.

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Just finished watching the Dublin Horse Show. It was Nations Cup day today. Britain won! Well Done to them.

Soda! I love Jane Eyre. It was my favourite book as a young teenager.

Houston Baby
08-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I am going shopping - it is tax free weekend!

Prettymaid
08-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I am going shopping - it is tax free weekend!

Have fun, HB! I remember when I lived in PA in the tri-state area, I would go to NY to buy clothes because they had no sales tax on essentials like clothes and food. I wonder if it's still like that...

zeldabjr
08-10-2013, 12:58 PM
ooh...have fun HB!!!

I'm playing on PicMonkey...trying to learn how to make signature banners!

Prettymaid
08-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Nice job on this one, Zelda! ^

zeldabjr
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Nice job on this one, Zelda! ^

thanks PM...couldn't decide which ONE picture to use...so I decided to try all three...lol...

Outlawman13
08-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Awesome Brenda! Good work. Love them

Right now I'm trying to fix my computer. Lol I'm on the android

Houston Baby
08-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Great job Z!

Good luck with the computer Christy!

Well shopping was pretty successful today. I found out a couple of weeks ago that my nephew & wife are having a baby. It is my sister's first grandbaby & it's a GIRL! So I bought a dozen outfits. One of them is a little Houston Cougars sundress since both parents are UH grads. The cutest one is a onesie that says " My Aunt is my BFF". I couldn't resist!

I bought myself some assorted Houston Texans shirts! It's time for some FOOTBALL!!!

zeldabjr
08-10-2013, 10:16 PM
thanks...it's fun playing when you have such a great subject!!!

just finished a baby afghan for my friends...they had a baby boy last month...and it's taken me a while to finish this afghan...I totally screwed it up and had to restart the whole thing...finally finished it tonight...I was worried the kid would be 6'2" by the time I was done with it!..lol

Good luck with your computer Christy

Congrats on the new baby coming HB...

I can't wait til football season either...our first preseason game is tomorrow...

Outlawman13
08-11-2013, 12:19 AM
That's too cool Debbie! Hopefully your sister's grandbaby will love it.

Aww so glad you finished it Brenda. Would love to see it.

Finally got my computer back to normal and my dad is sleeping in that room now. Lol at least I got it done

I'm watching a slideshow of Doctor Who and I'm just hooked! I love this show!

Glennsallnighter
08-11-2013, 03:52 AM
Have fun, HB! I remember when I lived in PA in the tri-state area, I would go to NY to buy clothes because they had no sales tax on essentials like clothes and food. I wonder if it's still like that...

On our first day in NY in March last a guy working in the WTC visitors centre told me there was no tax on the fleece I was buying as there was no tax on any clothing in NY! We were'nt charged tax on clothing anywhere in NY. And in fact some stores like Bloomingdales also gave us a tourist discount on production of a passport. So I guess it still holds!

Saving hard for November.........

Outlawman13
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm listening to the Eagles and on facebook. Have to go to work soon, but at least I get 2 days off afterwards.

08-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Well congrats on finishing your afghan, Zelda. And HB - why do I get the feeling that your new great niece is going to be terribly spoiled? :hmm: That onesie sounds a lot like a few I've bought over the years.

GA - I am so excited that I'm going to be seeing you again in November and thanks for the info about no tax on clothing in NY. I didn't know that.

I'm taking a lazy couple of hours right now. Then all bets are off because I'm going to clean out my utility closet this afternoon. I have no idea how I'm going to organize everything that I have crammed in it.

Brooke
08-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Dreamer, good luck with that! I'm in the process of a whole house of cleaning out! I just don't have time when I'm working, so the next week of vacation will be spent working on it again.

I'm way behind here with all that's been going on at work, but am trying to catch up a bit now! It's heck when you have to actually do work while at work! :lol:

Prettymaid
08-11-2013, 03:54 PM
On our first day in NY in March last a guy working in the WTC visitors centre told me there was no tax on the fleece I was buying as there was no tax on any clothing in NY! We were'nt charged tax on clothing anywhere in NY. And in fact some stores like Bloomingdales also gave us a tourist discount on production of a passport. So I guess it still holds!

Saving hard for November.........

Thanks for your reply, GA. It's nice to know they still do that.

Good luck with the closet, Dreamer. I would have to say that of all the 'house chores', I enjoy organizing things the most. And no, I'm not coming over to do it for you. :hilarious:

Houston Baby
08-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Enjoy your days off Christy!

Brooke & Dreamer - Have fun organizing!

I love organizing too PM! The Container Store is one of my FAVORITE stores. If only I could afford to buy everything in there! As it is, I can spend hours there browsing & getting ideas.

WalshFan88
08-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Still playing and setting up my new phone - Galaxy S4... I had the S3, this one is so much faster! And I liked the S3.

Outlawman13
08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm making some Randy pictures (LOL), on facebook, and going to get some lunch

zeldabjr
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm working on a necklace I'm beading...and trying to keep my cat off it!!!...geesh...lol

WalshFan88
08-13-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm working on a necklace I'm beading...and trying to keep my cat off it!!!...geesh...lol

:hilarious:

Outlawman13
08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Playing some video games, marveling at what I got at the mall today (LOL), and just loving today.

Houston Baby
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Sounds like you are having a fantastic day Christy!:thumbsup:

Outlawman13
08-13-2013, 10:17 PM
LOL yeah got two Doctor Who dvds in the mail, went to the mall, got a Tom Baker (the fourth doctor) shirt, the tenth doctor screwdriver, and heard some Eagles today. So I'm a geek!!! LOL.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Just got done putting a shelving unit together in the utility room so I have someplace to put some things when they are delivered tomorrow. I GET MY STUFF TOMORROW! I can't wait!

Prettymaid
08-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Just got done putting a shelving unit together in the utility room so I have someplace to put some things when they are delivered tomorrow. I GET MY STUFF TOMORROW! I can't wait!

Like I always say, home is where your stuff is. ;-)

Houston Baby
08-13-2013, 11:21 PM
VA - I honestly don't know how you have survived these past few weeks. You are a marvel! I sure hope your fall is calmer EXCEPT for the EAGLES excitement!!!

Outlawman13
08-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Right now I'm watching Doctor Who and getting ready for work

Brooke
08-14-2013, 10:25 AM
VA, great news!

Glennsallnighter
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
That's great VA! Hope it all arrives safely.

-----------
I'm playing on the wii with Chris

08-14-2013, 09:51 PM
VA - Hope your stuff arrived today. You've got less than three weeks to get it all straight before you go to Seattle on your next excellent Eagles adventure. Have fun!

zeldabjr
08-14-2013, 11:44 PM
beading a necklace for my niece..her birthday present...

cricrichan
08-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Listening to music and downloading some pics from my camera

Tiffanny Twisted
08-16-2013, 06:34 AM
geting ready too to work...

Prettymaid
08-16-2013, 08:29 AM
Me too, TT.

I'm having breakfast and then heading out. The nice thing about today, though? After today I'm off for a week's staycation!

Brooke
08-16-2013, 10:13 AM
:yay: Pm!

I was supposed to be off next week for another staycation, but with all of the stuff going on at work, I'm going to have to postpone it. :-(

Prettymaid
08-16-2013, 01:20 PM
:yay: Pm!

I was supposed to be off next week for another staycation, but with all of the stuff going on at work, I'm going to have to postpone it. :-(

And one good thing about my staycation is that I don't work nearly as hard as you do on yours! ;-)

Brooke
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
And one good thing about my staycation is that I don't work nearly as hard as you do on yours! ;-)

You don't? And why not? :lol:

Troubadour
08-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Yay for your staycation, PM! I'm excited for you.

Glennsallnighter
08-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Enjoy your Staycation PM. Any nice plans?

And you too Brooke..... When you finally get to take it!

I'm getting stuff ready for the start of term next week!

Prettymaid
08-16-2013, 09:01 PM
You don't? And why not? :lol:

I thought I'd invite you over to do any work that needs done around here. Let's see, the bathroom needs painted...

VAisForEagleLovers
08-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Good for you, PM!! Hope you have fun!

I'm watching Rafa and Roger play in the semifinals in Cincy on ESPN. On my new TV on my new HD service! Yes, DirecTV finally came and did their thing! This new TV is a lot bigger than the one I put in my bedroom. I can't wait to see HOTE on it. I'd watch it now if I knew what box the discs were in!

Prettymaid
08-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Enjoy your Staycation PM. Any nice plans?

Not really GA, and that's the beauty of the staycation. I can do, or not do anything I want! I'll probably spent some time relaxing on the back porch watching the birds and squirrels, or sit on the deck and read. On Sunday we're going to a nature area and take a walk on a trail. We've been having great weather for August here in the Midwest, with moderate temps and low humidity, but unfortunately it sounds like next week is back to high temps/high humidity.

Grey Sadler
08-16-2013, 10:19 PM
First full week of school...done...:thumbsup:
Now headed toward bed...:yawn:

Houston Baby
08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
PM - Enjoy your staycation! Wish I could join you on your back porch. It sounds so nice & relaxing! And I love watching the squirrels play!

Outlawman13
08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
LOL busy busy!!!! I got off from work not too long ago and so tierd. LOL. Looking at my facebook and having a drink too!!! Yummy

Houston Baby
08-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Good luck & thank you to all our teachers here on The Border as you start the new school year! I hope y'all have a successful & blessed one! Teaching is such a noble profession!

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Thank you so much HB. I believe that everybody out in this world has some potential somewhere. Our job is to unlock it.

PM your staycation sounds absolutely idyllic. I hope the good weather holds.

VA, enjoy HOTE 'full on'. I remember 6 years ago graduating from a basic 20" screen to a glorious 46" flat screen. The first thing I watched was Glenn:heart:s 'Live in Dublin' DVD. Got blown away!!!

Congrats on getting over the first week GS! In many ways I find it the hardest week!

Outlawman13
08-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Right now I'm watching Doctir Who and getting ready for work

Midnight_Flyer
08-17-2013, 11:20 AM
i'm listening to music :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-17-2013, 05:30 PM
The goal for the day was to find my HOTE Blu-Ray discs. I have not yet met my goal...

Tiffanny Twisted
08-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Shoot now VA wasnt that in the bag with the important paper information??
good luck

zeldabjr
08-17-2013, 09:13 PM
cleaning...I'm babysitting my friend's little foster baby tomorrow...want everything clean for the little PopTart! (my nickname for her)...I think she will get her introduction to the boys while she is here!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Shoot now VA wasnt that in the bag with the important paper information??
good luck

I numbered all the boxes, and in one document listed the contents and on another wrote what room it was to go in. The movers put it in the wrong room, at the bottom of a big stack of boxes. Took forever to unearth it, but I did and watched it!!

Victim of Love
08-17-2013, 10:37 PM
I always laugh when I see this thread because it's obvious -- I'm lurking on The Border!

WalshFan88
08-18-2013, 03:46 AM
Doing computer maintenance to our home network. A bit of overdue spring cleaning. Seems like I do a lot of computer tech work, just never on my own computers. :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-18-2013, 04:38 AM
Cruising for some movie versions of literature I plan to teach in my class.

Came across this: http://www.amazon.com/Charles-Dickens-Collection-Copperfield-Expectations/dp/B000A7DW94/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1376814947&sr=1-1&keywords=copperfield+twist

Some guy in Japan wants $176,468.73 for three Dickens movies! I guess it could be a typo but it doesn't look like it. All I can do is LOL at that, especially when you can get a used one for under $60!

Glennsallnighter
08-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Wow! That's definitely steep Soda! Has to be a typo I'm sure. Maybe it is Yen but the translation to dollars didn't work?

Has your new term started?

I'm having breakfast!

Outlawman13
08-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Right now I'm playing my video games and looking around at more Doctor Who (Tom Baker) dvds.

Glennsallnighter
08-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Just waiting for hubby to get home from work so I can serve up dinner.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Trying to decide if I should take a nap or not!

Houston Baby
08-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm at work (obviously NOT working). But I had to take a break! I am taking compliance exams that have to be completed by month end. :yuck:

I am listening to After Hours while I take them VA!

Troubadour
08-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm tired but am taking the opportunity to catch up with The Border for a little while before bed. I literally haven't had a chance to get on the computer since we got back from holiday, so apologies for the lack of posts - I'd hoped I could catch up properly much sooner! It's been a good weekend in parts, but quite stressful and emotional in others (mainly to do with my grandparents and their Alzheimer's. I will probably post more in What's Happening when I have more time and my head is a bit clearer.) Tomorrow we're driving up to London to pack up my old room and start moving stuff into my new one. I'm excited about my new room, but not relishing the idea of packing and transporting everything up and down stairs! I'm lucky my mum is available to help me, though.

Glennsallnighter
08-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Good luck with the moving Troub! And your Mums a gem!

Hope the new place is lovely.

I'm getting one child ready for hockey camp, and the other for football camp!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Having just moved myself, Troub, I feel for you! I was lucky that my Mom helped me, too!!

GA, got all excited at your post til I remembered that football is soccer. Still, I like hockey!

I'm relaxing with a glass of wine while watching my (American) football team on TV. Had a rough day at work...the head customer dude told me (the IT Director) that IT problems have been keeping him awake at night. .

WalshFan88
08-20-2013, 04:19 AM
Watching CSI: Miami on Netflix.

Miami is my favorite, for the biggest reason most hate it - I love David Caruso's intensity. Some consider it exaggeration or dramatic, but that's the very reason I love it. I love it being over the top, keeps it exciting. I lost interest in CSI: Vegas after Grissom left as I miss his mystery he added and CSI: NY puts me to sleep lol, it's totally boring and no excitement.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-20-2013, 06:44 AM
well austin..all i am gonna say is we could start a thread on a debate about which is the best csi ,lol and everybody would have an opinion

welll trying to sell this house is gonna keep me up at night.'I
Last time I sold one I didnt work full time.
and I was 14 years younger lol
oh well...
VA things will work out I am sure. You are too smart not to .

WalshFan88
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM
A CSI thread sounds fun! Huge fan of the whole series created but I do have my favorite.

Glennsallnighter
08-20-2013, 07:41 PM
GA, got all excited at your post til I remembered that football is soccer. Still, I like hockey!

Actually VA, it's not, it's what's known here as Gaelic football which is much more entertaining than soccer. He's also doing hurling in the camp.

TT good luck selling your house. I hope it works out.

prayfordaylight
08-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Speaking of football, just bought tickets to see my favorite NFL team in November.

Glennsallnighter
08-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Cool P4D. Hope it's a good game.

I'm about to do my daily workout

Troubadour
08-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Spending my first night completely alone in the new house. I'm currently watching the CSNY: Deja Vu documentary, which I bought today. It's making me even more excited for the CSN concert in October. I can't wait! :heart:

glenneaglesfan
08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Packing for a quick visit to my sister tomorrow, with two cats helping!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-21-2013, 06:21 PM
gea that sounds like fun lol
enjoy your visit.
Ihave to maek dinner and I am no hungry and dont feel like it.
its hot and we did take out last nite with the house up for sale and people coming to look at it.
me I just wanna sleep.
seeling house is so stressful.
'

Glennsallnighter
08-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Good luck selling the house TT. Do you stay while people view it or do you go out for the few hours?

GEF, enjoy your trip to your sister,

Troub - I've seen pics of your new house and room. I really hope you are happy there. :hug:

I'm just about to leave for the first morning of the new school year.

prayfordaylight
08-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Have a good first day GA!

Houston Baby
08-22-2013, 10:13 AM
GEF - enjoy your visit with your sister!

TT - hope your house sells quickly & for a good price. It is usually such a pain in th.... doing that!

GA - have a great first day of school! Where did the summer go?

Troub - hope you enjoy & love your new home! So many new adventures in store for you!

Soda - how did your first day go?

08-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow! So much new stuff happening for so many Borderers. Good luck to all of our Border teachers as you all get ready to gear up for the new school year. And glad to hear that Troub and VA are settling into their new homes. TT - I don't envy you and JAHH as you go through selling your house, but I'm sure things will all work out, and, hopefully, it won't drag on too long. And last, but not least, enjoy your visit with your sister, GEF.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Wow, there is a lot of stuff to catch up on!!

I'm trying to make a dent in the 90+ unread Google alerts on our guys that's sitting in my inbox. I didn't get very far! Decided I've had enough and it's off to bed for me!

Glennsallnighter
08-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the good wishes folks! Yesterday went well and I slept a LOT better last night!

VA! Good luck with those alerts

WalshFan88
08-23-2013, 06:43 AM
GEF - Enjoy your visit!

TT - Good luck!

GA - Hope the first day goes/went good.

Troub - Very cool.

Soda - Good luck at your new job.

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Time to feed the cats and then myself!

08-23-2013, 12:57 PM
PM - Insert 'dogs' for 'cats' and I know exactly what you mean.

We've missed you around here this week. Must mean you're having a good vacation!

Glennsallnighter
08-23-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm getting tea ready but I'm really miles away! 5000 to be exact. I'm reminiscing about Glenn :heart:s wonderful concert in Niagara Falls 2 years ago today!

08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm getting tea ready but I'm really miles away! 5000 to be exact. I'm reminiscing about Glenn :heart:s wonderful concert in Niagara Falls 2 years ago today!

Me too - I just responded to you in the other thread!

Glennsallnighter
08-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks Dreamer! Dinner was curry, but it wasn't as hit as Niagara Falls that night...... Memories! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 06:09 PM
PM - Insert 'dogs' for 'cats' and I know exactly what you mean.

We've missed you around here this week. Must mean you're having a good vacation!

Yes, thanks. Today is the first day I've totally relaxed and done nothing productive. Oh, except for catching up here! :blush:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Me too - I just responded to you in the other thread!

I should have remembered that as there's been things all over my Facebook Newsfeed about it being the anniversary of the big quake in VA.

As for myself, I'm recovering from an awful week. I'd tell you all about it, but one, it's an open board and two, no one would believe me anyway. One step forward and five or six backwards...

Prettymaid
08-23-2013, 09:57 PM
I should have remembered that as there's been things all over my Facebook Newsfeed about it being the anniversary of the big quake in VA.

As for myself, I'm recovering from an awful week. I'd tell you all about it, but one, it's an open board and two, no one would believe me anyway. One step forward and five or six backwards...

Sorry to hear you had a crappy week, VA. I hope this is not the norm with your new position.

sodascouts
08-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Soda - how did your first day go?

It went fine - thanks for asking! I just have to get used to the hours and the drive.

Glennsallnighter
08-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah. So do I VA! Hope it's just a glitch in proceedings and that next week goes much better.

I'm cleaning out Fluffy the Hamsters cage!

Outlawman13
08-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Right now I'm on facebook and seeing if this website is working for me again. LOL I'm glad that it is!!!

Glennsallnighter
08-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Having a coffee!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Pretending that the iron isn't calling my name, along with some wrinkled items hanging in the closet...

Prettymaid
08-26-2013, 09:01 PM
VA, I just caught your new location line. Nice!

:singer: Riding with Lady Luck...in my new truck...

VAisForEagleLovers
08-26-2013, 09:42 PM
VA, I just caught your new location line. Nice!

:singer: Riding with Lady Luck...in my new truck...

LOL!! I should change it to that!

Grey Sadler
08-26-2013, 10:36 PM
I just forced myself to watch 4 minutes of the Miley Cyrus VMA "performance".
Dear Lord, I'm gonna have to listen to 48 hours of our boys just to get that out of my head!! :yuck:

sodascouts
08-26-2013, 11:07 PM
That's the kind of thing that makes you want to bleach your eyes after you view it.

Outlawman13
08-26-2013, 11:57 PM
LOL ohhh man!!!! That is the last thing I ever want to watch.

So how is everything with your school Nancy?

Right now I'm on facebook and going to play some video games

Houston Baby
08-27-2013, 06:45 AM
My coworkers showed me Miley's VMA performance yesterday on the way to lunch. Let me say it was an EXCELLENT appetite suppressant!!:yuck:

Desperada
08-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I am home for my small lunch, not happy now but I hope I will be on Saturday.

Brooke
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
My coworkers showed me Miley's VMA performance yesterday on the way to lunch. Let me say it was an EXCELLENT appetite suppressant!!:yuck:

I saw a bit of it too, didn't take much! What in the world was she thinking? I'm sure her parents are so proud! A need for attention, I guess! :scowl:

Outlawman13
08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Getting ready to go to a mall and watching Doctor Who

sodascouts
08-28-2013, 10:13 PM
So how is everything with your school Nancy?

So far so good! By December I'll probably be living in Mississippi. Glad the Eagles are coming to Memphis before I move!

Houston Baby
08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm watching TMZ (don't judge me) & one of the young guys on there just told Glenn's story of how the song title LITFL came about. Except I think Glenn says they were driving on the freeway & this guy said Sunset Blvd.

Outlawman13
08-28-2013, 11:34 PM
That's too cool

Wow that is quite the move Nancy!!! I just hope you will like it there!! OHH yes see the Eagles before you move.

Right now I'm on facebook and playing a video game

WalshFan88
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Getting ready to go to the chiropractor, then rehearsing for Saturday's gig and then getting ready to leave on Monday.

Glennsallnighter
08-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Hope the move goes well, Soda!

I'm relaxing, watching 'The Lost Medallion' with the kids!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-31-2013, 07:10 PM
gotta return a movie at one store,
make purchases at another store,
Its so muggy outside i dont :razz:feel like leaving the house,