PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing Right Now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Having McFlurrys with the kids in McDonalds. Then it's home to get ready for school in the morning!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Watching the cubs beat the phillies.
My son is in chicago for school. And he's there.
Thought I might see him but not happening

Henley Honey
09-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Cooking and freezing a few meals for hubby (and the doggies) for next week. He's a sweetheart and will run the business and hold down the fort so I can have a cross-country Eagles adventure. Gotta love him!! :love:

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Awwww you do indeed HH! Hope you have a wonderful time and that your hub manages to hold out while you are gone! Have fun.

Houston Baby
09-01-2013, 07:26 PM
He is a good guy HH! Tell J we will make sure you do NOT run off with the band. I'm single, I will do the running off with the guys! :rofl:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-01-2013, 11:05 PM
So very nice of you to volunteer deb
Yes hh your dh is a peach of a guy .
I just know u guys r gonna have a blast and the sight seeing will be fun to..:blueblob:

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Getting breakfast ready - another week has dawned.

Houston Baby
09-03-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm at work. I have to be here until 3:00 & then I can head to the airport & Seattle!!! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
09-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Lovely HB! Enjoy!

I'm doing absolutely nothing! Been another hectic day and the ole peepers are gone very blurry!

Outlawman13
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Right now I'm on facebook and playing a video game. LOL just relaxing since I'm the only one home right now. LOL

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Just dropped Laura to school and sitting in traffic on the way to work!

Outlawman13
09-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Right now I'm watching Doctor Who and getting ready for work.

Houston Baby
09-05-2013, 04:45 AM
HH, VA & I are still up talking @ the concert!

Victim of Love
09-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Worked earlier today so I'm spending this evening working on my needlepoint of Timothy. I've already got over 60 hours invested and am still on grid 1 of 12 of the pattern. I can't tell you why but I'm in it for the long run......

Prettymaid
09-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Worked earlier today so I'm spending this evening working on my needlepoint of Timothy. I've already got over 60 hours invested and am still on grid 1 of 12 of the pattern. I can't tell you why but I'm in it for the long run......

Well, take it easy VOL. I've got a peaceful easy feeling that it's going to look great when it's done!

WalshFan88
09-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm checking in from Nashvegas! :D

I am going home tomorrow and tonight is the Amp Expo.

I've already got some pedals and I found one in a pawn shop for $15 that sells on eBay for almost $400 every day!! I had to keep a poker face in the shop because as soon as I saw that pedal and that price I knew what it was worth and had to contain my excitement until I left. :hilarious:

I love Nashville and love visiting. Kinda hectic with traffic and tourism but sure is the best place to be for a guitarist. Even RnR records are made here now. LA is kind of dying down for being a place with the hottest guitarists, seems like they are all here now. Even a lot of the LA rockstars are moving here. And NY is really almost nonexistent for recording, at least. It's no longer a hillbilly heehaw twangin' town (although it still is in some places), it's much more than that now and is perfect for any type of musician. Even rappers record here. :lol:

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Glad you are having such a good time Austin.

I'm having an After Work power nap. I haven't slept well all week and its catching up on me. I'm shattered.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
VOL - Wow! What a labor of love. Take your time with your needlepoint - it'll be so worth it when you're finished. And GL - slow down and take it easy girl. You've got to save some of that energy for an upcoming trip, I believe.

And Austin - I love Nashville too even though I'm not a huge country music fan. But, as you are saying, it is much more than just the old twangy country music now. My aunt that lives there is home and staying with me right now because my other aunt (her sister) is very ill. She is on life support and things aren't looking well for her. I would appreciate if you all could please keep her in your thoughts.

Victim of Love
09-06-2013, 02:11 PM
DREAMER, thanks for the words of encouragement. I intend to see this thru to the last stitch.

And I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

SallyGee
09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Dreamer so sorry to hear about your aunt . I will certainly keep your family in my prayers.
Austin Glad you're having a good trip. What a great bargain you found.
VOL what a great project. I can't wait to see it.

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Dreamer, of course we will keep your aunt in our prayers :hug:

Prettymaid
09-06-2013, 09:34 PM
GA, I hope you have a rejuvenating weekend. Sounds like you need it!

WF, glad you're enjoying your visit to Nashville.

Dreamer, I'll sure keep your aunt and you in my prayers.

Right now I'm relaxing and watching Paul McCartney and Wings in concert in Seattle in 1976 on Palladia.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2013, 10:35 AM
:grouphug:Kay, prayers for you and your aunts.
Please stay strong during the difficult time.
love and hugs across the states to you and yours..:pray::pray::pray:

vol..... stay strong and enjoy the journey to your finished project....
there is no ruch so take the time to enjoy the process to the finished project.

austin...,:jealous: sounds like a wonderful fun vacation.have a blast guitar dude.
I dont get it folks.. whats wrong with doing what brings you joy and pleasure (legal ) even if others dont like what is "your thing" .:headscratch::headscratch:

It is a beautiful fall day in my neck of the woods....
I would love to just sit on the deck and finish my book.But I have that dreadded food shopping to do and I wanna get it done cause my schedule might be changing at work again and I might be working to help out on my "day off" so I am trying to stay ahead of things (food shopping and laundry ) so I dont get stressed.

Also this week a kindhearted gentelman who took care of my son when they thought he had cancer in his jaw passed away. It hits me hard . He took such great care of my son when he operated on him ..I will never forget his kindness during that difficult time and his medical skill.

He is resting in peace now and not suffering to which I am greatful.
He came to us as an emergency a few weeks ago out of the blue so I , not knowing his time with us was limited, did get a chance to tell him how much he ment to my family and again thank him for his care. True gentelman that he was , he remembered me in very kind words . I take that last giftfrom God memory with me today as they lay him to rest.

Grey Sadler
09-07-2013, 11:02 AM
:hug: Dreamer

Brooke
09-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Dreamer, so sorry to hear about your aunt and I will definitely keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Austin, sounds like you had a fun time in NashVegas!

Glennsallnighter
09-07-2013, 05:04 PM
TT so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad he is at peace and that you got the chance to talk with him again before he passed on. So glad too that your son is healthy and fit.

sodascouts
09-07-2013, 05:43 PM
TT, sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.

Dreamer, you and your fam are in my prayers.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers for my family. You are all wonderful. :grouphug:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you GA A and Soda.

He was a great man, a skilled doctor and he helped so very many people

WalshFan88
09-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm home now!

----

Dreamer - they are in my prayers.

TT - Sorry to hear that. :(

Outlawman13
09-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Did you have a wonderful time Austin?

I'm so sorry about your aunt Kay!!! Your family are in my prayers.

sad-cafe
09-08-2013, 12:20 AM
we went to the KS state fair today. It was dang hot. We haven't been in many years so we just gassed up the Jeep and went. No plans, just went. We had no special desires to see anything, just walked around the area and looked at cars, jeeps and hot tubs. Ate some typical fair food although I couldn't bring myself to eat deep fried birthday cake.

Anyway we were sitting near the grandstand and heard the band warming up. They were doing a little "Life's Been Good" got about half way and then they stopped and "fine-tuned" the snare drums.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm home now!

----

Dreamer - they are in my prayers.

TT - Sorry to hear that. :(

welcome home austin.....
love it when u guys travel but happy camper when all return safe and sound...

Outlawman13
09-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Right now I'm on facebook, making a tribute to Ben Orr, and going to play some video game

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I am cooking.....someone call the fire dept...lol

I have a covered dish dinner tomorrow night so I am making a double batch of my chichen (since I coudnt get the beef I use ) vegggie and rice balsamic vinger casserole dish.

Then its off to the food store yet again since I volunteered to bring bread and butter..hey someone tell me to shut up next time I volunteer..lol

Outlawman13
09-08-2013, 01:08 PM
MMMM that sounds pretty good. LOL I do the same thing. Volunteer and think why did I do this? LOL

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2013, 01:43 PM
thanks OLM..
batch one done
batch two is started...lol
think when I go out i am gonna go through the drive thru at starbucks as a reward....:drool:

Victim of Love
09-08-2013, 02:23 PM
TT, so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. Sounds like he was a gifted care-giver and I'm sure he'll be missed by many. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
thanks vol

he was a great doctor and just a man that they dont make like him any more.
He was 79 years old but he was so great when we thought our son had cancer and we had just moved here and didnt know anyone.

It upset me when he came in to the office a few weeks back but I now know that it was god giving me a chance to thank him again for everything he did for my son and letting him know how much he touched our lives.
we were laughing talking about baseball something he and my son loved as well as hockey.
I am sorry I dont mean to go and on.
It just is sad but God needed him elsewhere

Victim of Love
09-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Don't you dare apologize for 'going on' TT. The people we care about the most are the most deserving of it. He touched your life in a very remarkable way and you SHOULD sing his praises. I have no doubt he'll watch over you and your son from above. Count your blessings and thank your special guardian angel every day.

Prettymaid
09-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm watching a tribute concert for John Denver on AXS TV.

Troubadour
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Sending warm thoughts to you both, TT and Dreamer.

Houston Baby
09-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Dreamer - your aunt & your family are in my prayers.

TT - My condolences on the loss of your friend. Your words at that time of his life were a blessing & I am sure it was a part of God's plan that y'all meet again. How wonderful that you had that opportunity to express your gratitude.

Houston Baby
09-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Wow! Sounds like you had a great time Austin. And you got a great deal!

Outlawman13
09-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm on facebook and going to play some video games.

Houston Baby
09-09-2013, 10:36 PM
OK, I have been searching online for the Hendrix T-shirt that Joe was wearing @ the Seattle concert & I believe I found it. I loved the subtle design & thought once I found it, I would get one. After all, it is just a t-shirt. Well, it is a John Varvatos Star U.S.A. Graphic tee. AND it cost $118.00! That's right, $118.00!! For a tshirt!

Why did I think Joe would be wearing a regular T-shirt? LOL! It did fit him very well ( that's how I could tell he was in great shape) & he looked so FINE in it. But $118.00 - NO Hendrix for me! :cry:

Prettymaid
09-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Any photos of Joe in his $118 Hendrix tee? :pray:

Houston Baby
09-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos. I wish I had now!