PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Doing Right Now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Well obviously, you're on the Border. But many of us are also doing something else while we sneak into the Border for a few minutes every now and then, patprticularly with so many mobile devices around now.

And HEY, most of us are women, queens of the multitask!

So I'll start!

I'm waiting for my au pair to come out from a hospital appointment! Ok a bit mundane. Who can improve on it?

VAisForEagleLovers
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm working. Honest. Just read and replied to a bunch of emails from the boss and decided I needed to read something positive for a few moments. So here I am!

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Definitely positive VA!

Brooke
10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup, I'm at work too, but waiting for some information I need to close out the month on the books.

Not much else to do at the moment!

Koala
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Just came home from the birthday of my godchild and now I'm still preparing for the work ( search for tinker stuff)!

Prettymaid
10-31-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm home from work for lunch, which consists of cheese filled crackers, celery with spinich dip, macaroni salad and yogurt.

As far as mulitasking, I'm afraid I don't do the gender proud. I always use the excuse that I never had children! Now mothers, they know how to multitask! :bow:

Fun subject GA!

Tori
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm at school. I'm in programming class and I have free time so... Here I am! :P

Henley Honey
10-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Trying to get ahead of the game with work so I can leave for Vegas on Thursday with a "clean slate". Sometimes being your own boss is not all its cracked up to be!!!

Freypower
10-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Well obviously, you're on the Border. But many of us are also doing something else while we sneak into the Border for a few minutes every now and then, patprticularly with so many mobile devices around now.

And HEY, most of us are women, queens of the multitask!

So I'll start!

I'm waiting for my au pair to come out from a hospital appointment! Ok a bit mundane. Who can improve on it?

You and your mobile devices.... the memory is ingrained in my head. :grin: I don't have anything except my iPod.

I'm just having a cup of coffee before taking Rosalind to school & then I am going into town. I have to start looking for Christmas presents. And that is what I do when I'm on here, just have coffee and switch between the Sydney Morning Herald site, the ABC Australia site, the Guardian, the BBC, the Daily Telegraph, Rolling Stone, sometimes the Mark Knopfler site, because I'm at home. I don't work these days. So I won't be contributing to this topic much. :ack:

ETA: I also play Civilization V. But I obviously don't do that when on The Border. I will resume my game after checking out the above websites.

WalshFan88
10-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Great idea for a thread!

Right now I'm looking at specs on an iMac I may buy for Christmas. I need a nice new Server/Workstation and my old iMac is getting to be a bit ancient in technology years. It's half a decade old! (2005). :rofl: The one I'm looking at is a 27 inch - which will replace my current 20 inch iMac. Pretty big jump. I'm going to trick it out of course and max out the memory (RAM) and probably buy a nice backup hard drive and all of that. Ah, a day in the life of a tech geek and Apple fan! :D

Koala
11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm still in bed, very comfortable!
I'am with my ipod on the internet, very good for something!:grin:
Unfortunately I have to get up immediately.

Glennsallnighter
11-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm watching 'Art Attack' with the kids. They had an interesting bit on making cardboard musical instruments!

FP for somebody who doesnt 'work' you sound busiest of all of us!

Prettymaid
11-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Hubby's alarm clock just went off, so as he is up and getting ready for work I am doing what I usually do...I have grabbed my laptop and brought it to bed, where I will try to catch up for the next half hour, before having to get up and get ready for work myself.

TimothyBFan
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Just shooed 5 kids out the door to get on the school bus, and waiting for the 4 that will be here in a few minutes for the day. Watching the dogs do their morning routine of fighting over the same toy and trying to get my attention while drinking a diet coke and trying to keep 2 cats off of my lap so I can be on here. Such an exciting life I lead of kids and critters!!! :rofl:

sodascouts
11-01-2011, 09:26 AM
About to head off to work. It's going to be a long day - four hours of faculty committee meetings, one of which I chair, and a night class to teach this evening. I won't be coming back home until after 10:00 pm.

Troubadour
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
I got home about an hour ago. It's the twelve anniversary of my Dad's passing, so my mum, sister and I all went to the cemetery together to put some flowers on his grave. We then drove to a pretty little village nearby and had a pub lunch. I'm just relaxing with a cup of tea now, catching up with The Border for as long as my laptop will stay on! I can't WAIT to get a new one.

Tori
11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm currently at school, taking a break from state testing. It's quite boring, but it's gotta get done.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
I just got off a conference call with the customer (US Army - HRC Command) where we discussed requirements for over two hours. My head is spinning off my shoulders.

jdubfan
11-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Taking a break from raking leaves from the 200+ deciduous trees in my yard:partytime: in the cold drizzle. Thankfully my mp3 player is loaded with plenty of good music, that helps. Take It Easy....There's mention of the dreaded "s" word in the forecast for tonite :cry: It's Nov, guess it's time. Can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Taking a break from raking leaves from the 200+ deciduous trees in my yard:partytime: in the cold drizzle. Thankfully my mp3 player is loaded with plenty of good music, that helps. Take It Easy....There's mention of the dreaded "s" word in the forecast for tonite :cry: It's Nov, guess it's time. Can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

You should see my yard!! I haven't seen my grass in over a week. Maybe when you're done with your leaves, you can pay me a visit??? :angel:

Prettymaid
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Home for lunch, feeding my face!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
jdubfan inspired me. Just did an hour with the leaf blower. Many many many hours yet to go.

Brooke
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Just had lunch and taking a break from work. Boring stuff.

Annabel
11-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Just had my dinner and am now watching the news waiting for the washing in the dryer to be done.

Prettymaid
11-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Home from work, getting ready to fix supper.

We lead such exciting lives, don't we? ;)

Glennhoney
11-09-2011, 08:28 PM
..eating popcorn..

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2011, 04:46 AM
We do indeed! I'm just about to start work in 5 minutes!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Checking in here while eating trail mix for breakfast. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Watching YouTube demos of effects pedals. Imagine that! :D

Koala
11-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm eating my breakfast!

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Lots of eating going on! Eating is one thing I can multitask at. :thumbsup:

Right now I am sitting up in bed with my laptop. Hubby has gone to work and I have the day off because the banks are closed for
Veteran's Day! :nahnah: It's 6:15 a.m. here.

Brooke
11-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Ooh! I get the day off, too and am heading out for some shopping. Groceries and a little bit of fun shopping and maybe a Christmas gift!

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 10:56 AM
For me??? Oh Brooke, you shouldn't have! :hilarious:

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2011, 10:59 AM
i'm watching Analyze This and laughing at Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm just finishing my weeks work. I'm supposed to be teaching but only 1 student showed up. Another teacher needed to do her reports so I've taken her crew. So its very relaxing - most of the students are surfing the net on their laptops.

Is Veterans Day a Public Holiday in The US? (Excuse my ignorance)

Brooke
11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Most government offices and banks are closed today for Veteran's Day in the US.

Wildthyme
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Trying to decide if I even want to bother making dinner. Its my day off and I have just been puttering about the house and while I haven't eaten I am not really even hungry. Might just have tea and toast, watch a movie and be lazy. :yawn:

Freypower
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I have been here all morning (playing Civ as well as surfing the net) & will now go & listen to the iPod before Mike comes home from work with the Saturday paper.

ticky
11-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I just finished making 2 dozen hazelnut dark chocolate truffles and packaging them and Im making dark chocolate chunk cookies and oat meal cranberry cookies and Ill package those and take them all with my gourds to the sale tomorrow morning. UGH.. Im kinna exhausted and (i never thought Id say this) sick of chocolate... give me a few hours,.. Im pretty sure I'll bounce back *G*

Prettymaid
11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Ticky, I get tired just reading your posts!

Midnight_Flyer
11-11-2011, 11:21 PM
i'm in bed watching Mr. Deeds :) goodnight everyone

WalshFan88
11-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm reinstalling applications on my laptop. I reformatted it last night as it was getting a bit slow so now I have the fun job of putting everything back!

Glennsallnighter
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Good Luck with that Austin!

I'm enjoying a few quiet moments on the Border while I watch 'Last Chance Surgery' OMG, its just amazing what some of those docs can do!

Prettymaid
11-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm watching the Fighting Illini football team lose to Michigan. : (

Wildthyme
11-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Watching my Ducks thump Stanford. :yay:

Midnight_Flyer
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
i'm playing Call Of Duty: Black Ops

TimothyBFan
11-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Listening to the plumber (who showed up 2 hours late!) saw into my wall! :eyebrow: He's drowning out my radio.... d*mn it!!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Ooh Willie, that doesn't 'sound' good!

I'm beginning to feel like this is the only thing I post here, but I'm home for lunch, eating some cheese and crackers and a cherry yogurt. This eating thing is a bad habit. :hilarious:

Brooke
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Just had lunch and taking a break from work, which is looming! :rolleyes:

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Hope you enjoyed your lunches ladies! I'm waiting to watch the Irish football team qualify for the Euro 2012 finals. We beat Estonia 4-0 on Friday night last. It's the return leg now against the same team. Most of the country here feel tonight's match will be merely a formality.

WalshFan88
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Can't sleep so I'm reading about pedals online. Imagine that! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Trying to stay awake for the day since I've pretty much been up since 1 am. This insomnia thing may be getting out of hand. :brickwall:

Prettymaid
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Aw Willie, take care of yourself!

I used to pride myself on what a quality sleeper I was, but ever since.....well, let's just say since I reached a certain point in my life, the quality of sleep I get is not what is used to be. However, mine is nothing compared to yours Willie! I know you don't like to take anything, but have you ever thought about taking something like Ibuprofen P.M. just once in awhile? I worry about you!

Oh, and in keeping with the topic, I am relaxing with a cup of peppermint tea, something Troub turned me on to. I don't have to go to work until 10:00.

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
I used to struggle with insomnia a lot! I found when it's really bad, tiring myself out physically helps.

Brooke
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree with that. Go out for a brisk walk or get out the treadmill. Works for me and it's good for ya!

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Running around after 2 kids all day helps too! Lol!

TimothyBFan
11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I had to just laugh at your responses about trying to wear myself out to help. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't believe that's the problem. You see, I've been running a daycare for 16 years now. :hilarious: Trust me, the whole wearing myself out thing is NOT my problem. Every night, I'm pretty well physically and mentally exhausted.

Midnight_Flyer
11-16-2011, 09:34 PM
i'm lying in bed watching the film Elf :D

Koala
11-17-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm lying in bed and watch TV, I would actually be at work but I am sick, stomach and intestinal flu!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
I hope you get better soon, Koala!

WalshFan88
11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Koala - Oh no! Get plenty of rest and get well soon! :)

Brooke
11-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Koala, get well soon!

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Feel better, Koala!

Prettymaid
11-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Hope you feel better soon Koala!

Home for lunch....blah, blah, blah......

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Trying to decide if I should get my nails done before I go into work. They look SO ugly and chipped up, but I'm afraid that if I get them done now, I'll break them while traveling - wasting my money. Decisions, decisions!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I did mine Friday morning before I left and by Saturday night there was a small chip in one. Handling carry-on luggage isn't nail-friendly.

Tori
11-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Just surfing the internet after getting out of school an hour early. (We had a power outage because the construction workers working on our football field hit a power line.)

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 09:20 PM
We had a power outage at one of the Memphis high schools as well but, sadly for students, it came back on before they could go home, lol.

I decided against the manicure, but I'll try to buff my nails up a bit tonight. They really do look terrible.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-17-2011, 09:53 PM
This is weird, the power went out at my house today, twice, and that never happens.

I'm watching my beloved Penguins struggle against Tampa Bay. I might have to ask Captain Morgan to help me get through this...

Koala
11-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Thanks guys!
Unfortunately it is still no better! So I lay still in bed, drinking tea and watching TV ( Hell Freeze Over)!

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Well its a ill wind Koala as we say. I'm sorry you're ill, but of course delighted that you are getting a chance to catch up on your Eagles DVDs. Blow Glenn :heart: a kiss for me if you are still watching.

Relax, and hopefully yoou'll feel better soon xxx

Koala
11-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Well its a ill wind Koala as we say. I'm sorry you're ill, but of course delighted that you are getting a chance to catch up on your Eagles DVDs.
Relax, and hopefully yoou'll feel better soon xxx
Thanks!

Blow Glenn :heart: a kiss for me if you are still watching.
Done!
I just watch Farwell 1 DVD! This is followed by The MSG 2008 DVD!

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Move over Koala, I'm coming over and crawling into bed with you--I'll bring the munchies!! Sounds like a great way to spend the day---sorry you're sick tho! Get better soon.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Is the party still on Koala..... I'm on the way!

Henley Honey
11-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Just surfing the internet after getting out of school an hour early. (We had a power outage because the construction workers working on our football field hit a power line.)

Wow! Lucky you. Hopefully none of the construction workers are now glowing in the dark, but how fabulous for you to get out of school an hour early. That was my grade school / middle school / high school dream come true!!

Henley Honey
11-18-2011, 03:46 PM
I did mine Friday morning before I left and by Saturday night there was a small chip in one. Handling carry-on luggage isn't nail-friendly.

I don't think it was the carry on luggage that chipped your nail. I think the chip occurred when you had your hands around the throat of the "helpful" airline person in the lost luggage section of the Vegas airport.

Henley Honey
11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys!
Unfortunately it is still no better! So I lay still in bed, drinking tea and watching TV ( Hell Freeze Over)!

Sorry you don't feel well and I hope you feel better soon, but aren't there just some days when you'd kill to spend the day in bed??
I love being productive and having a goal or two for the day but on some days -- rainy, snowy, gloomy -- give me the remote, some chicken soup and a fluffy pillow. Heaven.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't think it was the carry on luggage that chipped your nail. I think the chip occurred when you had your hands around the throat of the "helpful" airline person in the lost luggage section of the Vegas airport.

I was trying not to remember that...I'm pretty sure I handled the entire thing with dignity. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Koala
11-19-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm bored! But I feel a little better! I 've just eaten the first time since three days something!
The Eagles party continues today! :)
Willie, I'm waiting for the munchies!;)

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Glad a day in bed with our boys has the power to heal you Koala :wink:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I am doing last minute laundry and packing for my trip to Pittsburgh for the Seger concert tonight. I'm going to the concert with a woman I haven't seen in over thirty years. Should be interesting! Then I'm just staying there for the week with the family for Thanksgiving.

Midnight_Flyer
11-19-2011, 01:45 PM
watching Friends :D

Tori
11-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Listening to Christmas music on the radio. :)

Prettymaid
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Cleaning house and then getting showered to go to Champaign, IL for our anniversary dinner.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Koala - Hope you feel better fast, although, as others have mentioned, you seem to be making very good use of your time while in the sick bed. :thumbsup:

VAisFEL - have a great time in Pittsburgh at the Seger show. I was thinking about going to his show in Baltimore, but decided against it. Seeing Bob and Jackson Browne live one day are definitely on my "Bucket List".

And PM - Congratulations on your anniversary and hope you and hubby have a wonderful evening to celebrate!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Listening to Christmas music on the radio. :)

Good on you Tori! I love putting on the Christmas music. I must take my Christmas CDs out. It's time I think!

WalshFan88
11-20-2011, 06:18 AM
Stuffing my face with potato chips and watching YouTube clips! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
11-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Seeing Bob and Jackson Browne live one day are definitely on my "Bucket List".

:inlove:

(For some reason, this smiley always reminds me of Charle Brown's little sister Sally and her love for Linus!)

TimothyBFan
11-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Looking forward to my son coming home tonight for the week!!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
VAisFEL - have a great time in Pittsburgh at the Seger show. I was thinking about going to his show in Baltimore, but decided against it. Seeing Bob and Jackson Browne live one day are definitely on my "Bucket List".

I'm surprised he's not doing DC, maybe he'll add it later? I can say that if you ever get the chance to see him in concert, you should.

11-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah - If you hear anything about him playing D.C., I'd love to know about it. I try to check Bob's and Jackson's tour dates occasionally, but, honestly, I'm probably not as diligent about it as I shoud be.

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Looking forward to my son coming home tonight for the week!!

That's great Willie! Hope you all have a lovely time together. I know it won't be the same as other years, so I'm glad Dillon will be home for you.

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm watching a programme about Irish people who have emigrated over the past few years. One family went to Canada (Toronto) and they are showing the family on a day trip to...... yes, you've guessed it, Niagara Falls! Its just as I remember it, and is making me VERY Glenn :heart: sick!

Prettymaid
11-21-2011, 07:24 PM
GA, you're just torturing yourself! :grin:

Waiting for Hubby to come home from work. Then I have to start supper. :unimpressed:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Flipping back and forth between Dancing With The Stars and the Pens/Islanders game.

WalshFan88
11-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Setting my new iMac I just got yesterday! :partytime: LOVE getting a new computer - I haven't had a new one in a long time! :D

The Disco Strangler
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Making BBQ spare ribs in the slower cooker. Must peel potatoes later.

Brooke
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Yum! Now I'm hungry!

I'm just Borderin'! No one home but me so I can do what I want!

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Having breakfast before work! I've a niggle in my throat that I'm praying doesn't get any worse.

Koala
11-26-2011, 04:00 AM
GA, hope the niggle in your throat is gone! At the Moment I play ball with Lucky!

Glennsallnighter
11-26-2011, 06:33 AM
It's a lot better today thanks Koala! I'm off Christmas shopping with Laura now!

Brooke
11-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Trying to psyche myself up for the big Christmas decorating project. It seems like there's always this big rush after Thanksgiving to get the fall decorations put away and the Christmas decorations out. :dizzy:

The Disco Strangler
11-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Relaxing after a long day.

Koala
11-29-2011, 01:12 AM
I prepare writing exercises, for to the german lesson later at work!

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Waiting for 9am to call the surgery. My voice is gone, throat is sore and I'm off work! :sad:

Prettymaid
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Lis! Nothing like a bad sore throat stopping you dead in your tracks from enjoying the holiday season.

I have a couple hours before work. I'm sitting on the couch having a cup of peppermint tea (are you reading this Lou?) ;) and enjoying the Christmas decorations.

Here...I'll take a picture...

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Me%20doing%20stuff/Picture0001.jpg

Kind of blurry, it's my web cam, but you get the idea...

Koala
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Get better soon, GA!

Looks comfortably, PM. I have a question, it is a stupid one because I can see that you already have a tree but You have already a Christmas tree? Do you put up him always so early? We put up our tree only always on the 23rd December.

Brooke
11-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Feel better soon, Ga. :sad:

Pm, lovely atmosphere there! :thumbsup:

Koala, we put up our Christmas decorations pretty much whenever we feel like it here in the States. Lots of the stores in town have had them up since before Halloween! :roll: I put out tree up Saturday and most of the decorations. Pretty much finished it on Sunday.

Took the day off today. My mom and I are going to Columbia to visit the daughter and help her put up her tree and have lunch out.

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm at the Doctors now- thanks for the good wishes!

Your decorations look lovely PM!

We tend to put up the decorations and tree around the first of December. It takes most of the day! A few houses have them up already. I imagine most houses will be decorated by the weekend.

Enjoy your day with your Mum and daughter Brooke!

Koala
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Ahh, ok! thanks for the quick answers! Our decoration, indoor and outdoor is already done too, we do this always to the first Advent Sunday.Only the tree comes later we usually buy one only 3 - 4 days before Christmas.

Have fun Brooke!

VAisForEagleLovers
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
GA, hope you get better! I myself am sick with bronchitis. I went to the doctor last night. I have no voice, so of course, everyone I work with has decided they need to talk to me over the phone.

I haven't been eating much the last few days and earlier I was feeling dizzy. I decided my sugar level was low and determined I needed some sugar. After grabbing a Ginger Ale, I logged on here and went through the GF photo thread! I feel much better now. You should try it.

Henley Honey
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Feel better, everyone! Sheesh . . . It must be the stress of the Holidays that has everyone's resistance low and getting sick. :dizzy:
Take your vitamins and get some rest!!

Prettymaid
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
You have already a Christmas tree? Do you put up him always so early? We put up our tree only always on the 23rd December.

It's not a stupid question - its a good one!

First of all, my tree is artificial. We used to put our tree up around the first weekend of December. This year I caught the spirit early. ;) The tree and decorations always come down on New Years Day, so I want to enjoy them for as long as possible.

Brooke's right. Here in the states every year the stores are earlier and earlier with their Christmas things and music. I went to Walmart just before Halloween (Oct. 31) and they were already playing Christmas music!

This might make for a good thread, if there's not one already. How many of us enjoy the stores starting the holidays earlier each year and how many of us find it sad? I'm only home for lunch right now and have to go back to work soon, but if anyone else wants to start a thread, go for it!

Koala
11-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Eat breakfast and read the newspaper.

It's not a stupid question - its a good one!

:hug:

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2011, 06:13 AM
GA, hope you get better! I myself am sick with bronchitis. I went to the doctor last night. I have no voice, so of course, everyone I work with has decided they need to talk to me over the phone.

I haven't been eating much the last few days and earlier I was feeling dizzy. I decided my sugar level was low and determined I needed some sugar. After grabbing a Ginger Ale, I logged on here and went through the GF photo thread! I feel much better now. You should try it.

Hope you are feeling better VA! Indeed I always resort to Glenn :heart: when I'm not well. I'm on my own in the house now - everybody is at work or school. So I'm perusing the border st my leisure and giving a LOT of attention to Mr Frey

(maybe if I close my eyes and wish hard enough he'll show up behind me with a glass of hot whiskey and lemon)

As I said in the new throated, I really don't like Christmas starting as early as September! In Ireland traditionally Christmas goods started to appear in the stores after Hallowe'en, but with more International shops now the Irish stores had to compete with them or lose business. So they are all starting by October now. I ignore it as much as I can.

WalshFan88
12-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm enjoying my new office space and computer... Right now I'm actually importing ALL of my Eagles CD's into iTunes. Those are the only ones I've kept in iTunes because A - I dislike digital downloading and B - I'm too lazy to import ALL of my CD's. I have every Eagles CD except for Selected Works. Never been able to snag that one.

Glennsallnighter
12-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Try eBay Austin. Thats where I've gotten my copy (and copies for others) at very reasonable prices.

I'm watching 'Little Women' on TV. Even though its after Midnight in my book its still Christmas day until I go to bed.

EaglesKiwi
12-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm watching 'Little Women' on TV. Even though its after Midnight in my book its still Christmas day until I go to bed.
I like your logic, GA!

Brooke
12-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I have the day off today and am heading to the mall for a couple Christmas returns. Crazy? Probably! :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm at the beach in North Caroline, got here last night to meet up with some friends for the week. I have to work everyday, but I'm in a loft area and the view is incredible, even if it is raining.

Brooke
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Sounds fun Va! You must post a couple pics for us!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Here's a pic...this is what I'm looking at right now. Awesome.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dec%20beach%202011/DSC00043.jpg

12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Good for you, VAisFEL - that is just beautiful. Wish I was there!!! :jealous:

Koala
12-30-2011, 04:17 AM
WOW, what a fantastic view!

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Spectacular view VA. It must be so relaxing listening to the sea and inhaling the fresh sea air.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-30-2011, 09:57 AM
It's great and it's to be 60 degrees today. I have to go back tomorrow :scowl: so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Brooke
12-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Gorgeeous Va! Wish I were there!

WalshFan88
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Great pic VA!

---------

Right now I'm taking a break from playing guitar. I've been playing all day. Got blista's on my fingers. :lol: I got 2 out of 3 of my incoming pedals today and I've been enjoying them. Going to play again with some members from the old tribute band in the next couple weeks and see if we can't get it going again. I also am going to be playing at a party with some other friends next month.

I guess this should go in the "Life" thread but I'm going to Florida next month (Naples). Can't wait. I'm staying at my grandma/stepgrandpa's place there. Will be good to get me some light and out of the current "down" period I'm in right now. I will definitely have pics for you all - we plan on going to the Beach and of course shopping too. For what you ask? Guitar stuff of course! :D

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Ooooh lovely Austin. I hope you have a lovely time and do come back feeling refreshed. Enjoy your shopping too.

I'm watching a Carol Service that I recorded just before Christmas when I knew I wouldn't have the chance to watch it. I'm enjoying it.

Koala
12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Austin hope you have a good time!

Right now I answer/ delete some emails.

EaglesKiwi
12-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Have just finished baking a cake for my husband Rob's birthday tomorrow. Yep, that's New Years Day! And he's turning 50. There, I said it. He's trying to pretend it's not happening (I can't blame him, I felt the same about turning 40 last month). I will ice the cake in the morning, and our sister in law will help me decorate it... I hope!

Now if I can just arrange a break in the weather...

Brooke
12-31-2011, 10:35 AM
lol Happy Birthday to him! I've found that it's really no different than being 49! Just another day! (Or so I'm telling myself!)

Koala
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM
EK, Happy Birthday to your husband!

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, hope your Husband had a great Birthday EK. Sorry I'm late with the greeting.

Brooke
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Trying to put away Christmas decorations and stuff.

Henley Honey
01-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Making a huge salad to start that healthy eating regimen -- again.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Getting ready to watch the Winter Classic.

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Making a huge salad to start that healthy eating regimen -- again.

Love it HH! Good luck! Why do we go through this January routine every year? I'm trying to psyche up to using the cross trainer again. Its lain idle too long.

Mrs Frey
01-03-2012, 10:04 AM
A belated Happy Birthday to your husband, EK!

What am I doing right now? Working. Hmph. But I'm thinking of how I'm going to re-start my exercise regimen tonight after work. I can't wait. Bicycle here I come!

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol MF. Good luck with your cycling.

Mrs Frey
01-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks, GA! Bicycle and I took to the streets last night. We had such a good time, we have another date tonight! :-)

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Cool MF. Keep up the momentum! Do you have a playlist that you use when you're cycling?

Mrs Frey
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
No, GA, no playlist. I don't cycle with music. The streets are dangerous, so I have to have my ears open at all times.

Midnight_Flyer
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
watching Friends :D

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
I suppose you are better off being safe MF.

I'm watching 'Deal or No Deal'

Annabel
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Watching my daughter's rabbit hopping round my lounge. :hmm: Got very windy outside again and going to be so over night, so left them in after the windy storm yesterday. :D

TimothyBFan
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Watching Barney the Dinosaur. Yeah, my vacation is over and kiddos are back. :lol:

sodascouts
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Trying to catch up on all the stuff I've been missing on the Border lately! It's no easy task and I don't think I can do it in one sitting - but it sure is fun!

Freypower
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I am trying to keep my New Year's resolution of not posting on either the ABC or Sydney Morning Herald blogs. They are both a depressing litany of 'yes it is/no it isn't' 'youre right/I'm wrong' 'conservative good/liberal bad' 'climate change not real/climate change real' etc etc. And after a while it just degenerates into personal insults. You can't change people's minds; why bother? I try to tell myself that it's prood that everyone can have a say about everything and everyone's opinion is valid; but so much of it is so antagonistic. I was thinking of registering with the Guardian as it pretty much reflects my politics, but you still get a lot of 'trolling' there as well.

Thankfully I can come here where we are all basically agreed on being Eagles fans, and our differences when they occur (we are human after all) are minor. I'm so grateful to be here and grateful for everyone's views & contributions, even if I don't always agree with them (and I know I make it obvious when I don't)!

From now: no more posting on news site blogs.

EaglesKiwi
01-06-2012, 04:21 AM
I am trying to keep my New Year's resolution of not posting on either the ABC or Sydney Morning Herald blogs. They are both a depressing litany of 'yes it is/no it isn't' 'youre right/I'm wrong' 'conservative good/liberal bad' 'climate change not real/climate change real' etc etc. And after a while it just degenerates into personal insults. You can't change people's minds; why bother? I try to tell myself that it's prood that everyone can have a say about everything and everyone's opinion is valid; but so much of it is so antagonistic. I was thinking of registering with the Guardian as it pretty much reflects my politics, but you still get a lot of 'trolling' there as well.

Thankfully I can come here where we are all basically agreed on being Eagles fans, and our differences when they occur (we are human after all) are minor. I'm so grateful to be here and grateful for everyone's views & contributions, even if I don't always agree with them (and I know I make it obvious when I don't)!

From now: no more posting on news site blogs.
A good resolution - I might make one not to just not read the comments. I've never bothered posting myself, but I still can't seem to help myself reading & getting wound up...

Mrs Frey
01-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Right now I've just finished my lunch of GRILLED chicken schnitzel, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables and mushroom sauce. Yummy. I've had this dish twice this week, but with fried crumbed schnitzel, so I'm going with the healthier option today.

Our regular canteen here at work is closed, so I've been buying at the restaurant downstairs. They're somewhat more expensive, but the food is delicious.

Okay, I have another date with my bicycle tonight! :nod: :wink:

Brooke
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Ok, MF, I've already had lunch (a meal bar and carrots :yuk: ) and now I'm hungry again! Sounds great! :lol:

Henley Honey
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Just put away the last ornament and the tree is down. I guess the Holiday's are officially over! :bye:

Koala
01-07-2012, 07:14 AM
I am with my Sisters and her Friend and clear the house from her father in Law, so that they can begin to rebuild soon. Now we have a Break for lunch.

WalshFan88
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Right now I am browsing for guitars online. :lol: I'm ready for my Florida trip to get here!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Have fun in Florida, Austin!

I just got done getting the outdoor Christmas lights down, and am now watching the Texans and Bengals in the first playoff game. It was such a beautiful day here, I'm already wishing it was April.

Wildthyme
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Changed the air filter on my furnace and now taking the ladder outside to take down the Christmas lights. I am going to miss coming home at night to my house all lit up but I guess it's time :(

Glennsallnighter
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I feel for ya Cami! I hate taking down the lights too. But you never know what 2012 will bring and what you will achieve before they go back up again.

Mrs Frey
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Ok, MF, I've already had lunch (a meal bar and carrots :yuk: ) and now I'm hungry again! Sounds great! :lol:

Are you dieting, Brooke?

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm watching 'Desperate Housewives'

Koala
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I make an aquarium for the art lessons, tomorrow.

Brooke
01-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Are you dieting, Brooke?

Kind of! lol

Henley Honey
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm playing hookey this afternoon. It's freezing cold and very windy. I've turned off the phone and made a fire. Gonna put my feet up and read.
Ahhhh. Heaven.

01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Go for it, HH!

I'm actually out of work for a few weeks myself. My contract ended for my last position at the end of the year. However, I'll probably get another position with the same company that will start up around the end of this month. In the meantime, I enjoying the time off. After I finish posting here, I'm going to start going through some paper piles that have managed to make an unwelcome appearance around my house lately. :yuck:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
HH, I'm getting ready to do the same. Enjoy! Dreamer, hope it all works out for you as planned, and if you get bored, well, come on up the road and attack my paper piles!

Henley Honey
01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Go for it, HH!

I'm actually out of work for a few weeks myself. My contract ended for my last position at the end of the year. However, I'll probably get another position with the same company that will start up around the end of this month. In the meantime, I enjoying the time off. After I finish posting here, I'm going to start going through some paper piles that have managed to make an unwelcome appearance around my house lately. :yuck:

Damn. Doesn't it stink that your down time is not in sync with the "boys" schedule. Oh well. If you need any help with those "piles" keep in mind that I am an obsessive organizer. There is no such thing as "too big" a pile. It's a challenge I'll never turn down!!! Who sang it? Ain't no mountain high enough? I'm in.

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I had a lazy day as well. With no classes to teach on Friday and Martin Luther King day on Monday, I have a four-day weekend. SWEET! Spent the day watching BBC documentaries. I'm such a nerd!

Henley Honey
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Wow, Soda. I can't believe we get along so well when I consider what we both think is fun "down" time. OMG. BBC documentaries?? I feel like Snooky from the Jersey Shore!!!

Freypower
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I had a lazy day as well. With no classes to teach on Friday and Martin Luther King day on Monday, I have a four-day weekend. SWEET! Spent the day watching BBC documentaries. I'm such a nerd!

What were they about? Most of what is on the BBC is worth watching.

sodascouts
01-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I watched several episodes of History of Britain with Simon Schama, then I watched the entire Battlefield Britain series. Now I'm on The Crusades with Terry Jones.

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Enjoy your holiday weekend ladies! I'm having breakfast before I bring Chris to play a football match

Henley Honey
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Running into Manhattan to see a matinee of Jersey Boys on Broadway. Very excited!!!

sodascouts
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Watching my new DVD - Lindsey Buckingham's Songs from the Small Machine - Live in L.A. It's from his most recent tour. Since it's pretty much the same setlist I saw in Atlanta and Chicago a few months ago, it helps me relive a bit. ;)

Scarlet Sun
01-14-2012, 03:39 PM
facebook chatting with my nephew

Freypower
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I watched several episodes of History of Britain with Simon Schama, then I watched the entire Battlefield Britain series. Now I'm on The Crusades with Terry Jones.

Brilliant! I hope you enjoy The Crusades as Jones is one of my heroes. If you ever get a chance try to see his Medieval Lives & Ancient Inventions.

Wildthyme
01-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Watching the first season of Lovejoy instead of sleeping like I ought to be.

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Watching TV instead of sleeping too. Lol!

Topkat
01-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Watching the NY GIANTS kick some serious ass on the field!:bye:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Watching the NY GIANTS kick some serious ass on the field!:bye:

Me, too. I just hope they can keep it up for another twelve minutes or so.

Henley Honey
01-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanking God that the Giants won. It would not have been a pleasant evening here if they'd tanked.

EaglesKiwi
01-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Running into Manhattan to see a matinee of Jersey Boys on Broadway. Very excited!!!
HH, is the show good? It's coming down here (not sure where the cast is from though) and I was wondering if it was worth going...

01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah HH - I want to hear all about Jersey Boys too. I still have never seen a play on Broadway. It's definitely one of the things on my bucket list.

sodascouts
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I saw it in Chicago a couple of years ago - thought it was great! I definitely recommend it.

Henley Honey
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Jersey Boys was fabulous. I'd definitely recommend it, EK. Go if you get the chance!! It tells the story of Frankie Valli's journey through the ranks coming up in the music business. Showed the dynamic of the band, their ups and downs, who got fired, who was rehired, who went to jail, who never made it big. It was fast-paced, funny and not too Broadway-ish if you know what I mean. No over the top production numbers or overly dramatic scenes but the songs were spot-on terrific. It's funny -- I didn't realize how many hits they really had -- like "Earth Angel, Sherry, Big Girls Don't Cry, Walk Like A Man, Oh What a Night, My Boyfriend's Back, My Eyes Adored You, Dawn, Stay, Let's Hang On, Bye Bye Baby, Working My Way Back To You, Rag Doll, Who Loves You.

Sometimes while at a Broadway show, I find myself checking my watch and wondering when it'll be over. That wasn't the case with Jersey Boys. I enjoyed every minute!! If you have the chance to see the show -- go for it. You won't be disappointed.

sodascouts
01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
HH - do you think an Eagles musical could be done in that way?

Henley Honey
01-17-2012, 03:15 PM
HH - do you think an Eagles musical could be done in that way?

Definitely. When they had to help and move the story along they'd have a character kind of step away from the scene and talk the audience through what was happening in the timeline of the story while remaining in character. I could totally see how you could do an Eagles musical this way. It'd be a bit more complicated because this was mainly Frankie Valli's story with the other Four Seasons as supportive players. The Eagles would be (I'm assuming) Glenn & Don's story with the supportive players changing as did members of the band but it could absolutely be done and done well in the same way.

Henley Honey
01-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah HH - I want to hear all about Jersey Boys too. I still have never seen a play on Broadway. It's definitely one of the things on my bucket list.

Pick the play and come on up!!! I always ready for a Broadway run!

sodascouts
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Definitely. When they had to help and move the story along they'd have a character kind of step away from the scene and talk the audience through what was happening in the timeline of the story while remaining in character. I could totally see how you could do an Eagles musical this way. It'd be a bit more complicated because this was mainly Frankie Valli's story with the other Four Seasons as supportive players. The Eagles would be (I'm assuming) Glenn & Don's story with the supportive players changing as did members of the band but it could absolutely be done and done well in the same way.

Me too - and I think it would be more interesting than the "Mamma Mia" style musical where a completely unrelated narrative is built around the songs. Of course, it's also riskier to make musicals about real people because they could complain! Felder: "That's not how it went down at all!"

01-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Pick the play and come on up!!! I always ready for a Broadway run!

Girl - you better mean that because you should know me well enough to know that I just may take you up on that offer at any time! :wink:

But, on the other hand, anytime you and hubby want to plan a trip south, you know you have a place to camp out that is very centrally located!!! :thumbsup:

Henley Honey
01-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Girl - you better mean that because you should know me well enough to know that I just may take you up on that offer at any time! :wink:

But, on the other hand, anytime you and hubby want to plan a trip south, you know you have a place to camp out that is very centrally located!!! :thumbsup:

Of course I mean it!! My door is always open -- well technically it's always locked -- this is New York -- but you get my drift. Anytime!!

Henley Honey
01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Me too - and I think it would be more interesting than the "Mamma Mia" style musical where a completely unrelated narrative is built around the songs. Of course, it's also riskier to make musicals about real people because they could complain! Felder: "That's not how it went down at all!"

I'm sure more than a few complaints would be voiced -- but money talks and a good lawyer (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) can work wonders.

I can't see the Mamma Mia style working at all. I'd run in the other direction. I'd rather they not do a play at all if it were to be a second-rate, half-a#sed production.

WalshFan88
01-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Right now I'm just sitting in bed on the computer. I decided just to stay up all night and then be up at 6AM to leave for the hospital. I have to be there a little after 7AM.

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Luck Austin.

I'm supervising a class for a colleague who is absent

Midnight_Flyer
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
i'm watching Jeremy Kyle

Brooke
01-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Collecting money at work!

Henley Honey
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Cleaning my house while blasting Glenn's Strange Weather CD.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Speaking of strange weather, I just got back from running errands to get ready for the freezing rain/sleet/snow event they are calling for tonight. After sneaking in some Border time, I get to go put all the stuff I just bought away.

Topkat
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Right now I'm watching "Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" a concert on VH1Classic... It's from the 1972 tour...It's AMAZING...If you get this channel put it ON now!!! Just did Happy. Mick Taylor is in this show!:drool:

WalshFan88
01-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Right now I'm watching "Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" a concert on VH1Classic... It's from the 1972 tour...It's AMAZING...If you get this channel put it ON now!!! Just did Happy. Mick Taylor is in this show!:drool:

I've got that on DVD. Great concert. My fav Stones DVD. I prefer Mick Taylor on guitar over Brian Jones or Ron Wood, Taylor is just more my style playing wise.

Midnight_Flyer
01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
i'm watching Stargazing:Live :D

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm watching 21st Century Child. Its a longitudinal study of about 10 children born in Ireland in late 2007/ early 2008. They follow each child and present a summary every year.

GlennLover
01-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Sounds interesting, GA! I enjoy shows like that.

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Its very good, and I'm beginning to remember the different families now.

Koala
01-22-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm watching 21st Century Child. Its a longitudinal study of about 10 children born in Ireland in late 2007/ early 2008. They follow each child and present a summary every year.

Interesting!
I know such a show but the kids came from England,it was last year to see on a documentary channel.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2012, 05:48 AM
That was called 'Child of our Time'. It's running about 5 or 6 years ahead of the Irish programme.

WalshFan88
01-23-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm up late surfing the net and responding to posts on forums. :D

Midnight_Flyer
01-23-2012, 11:11 AM
i'm listening to Jessie J, i love her voice :)

Topkat
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm watching the Eagles Christchurch Concert from 1995... Those people sat in the pouring rain for that show. I'm about half through it. They are playing Tequila Sunrise right now..Really sounds good!!:nod:

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm about to start the first round of Glenn's Solo Survivor, and having to stay late at work to do it because a really bad storm took out my internet connection at home!

Henley Honey
01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm about to start the first round of Glenn's Solo Survivor, and having to stay late at work to do it because a really bad storm took out my internet connection at home!

That's dedication. Thanks, Soda!! Glad it was only your internet connection the storm took out. It looked like a pretty vicious storm.

sodascouts
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, me too. Plus, the internet is back now! Woot!

WalshFan88
01-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Just got home from taking Fender to the vet. He gets neutered tomorrow. Also had to take one of the Beagles too to get her teeth cleaned. We pick her up tomorrow, him on Saturday.

Brooke
01-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Poor Fender!

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes indeed! Poor Fender!

I'm waiting in the staff room for the bell to go! Then it will officially be the WEEKEND!!!

Koala
01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Poor Fender!

Eating breakfast now!

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Getting my shopping bags ready to go do the weekly grocery shop!

Troubadour
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
I am so looking forward to having the next couple of days off! I have just finished another five-night stretch, which was a killer... I am currently at home, catching up with The Border and watching the Florida Primary, with Maisie fast asleep across my lap! Won't be too long before I head to bed. I want to have a relaxing but relatively productive day tomorrow.

EaglesKiwi
02-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Enjoy your days off, Troub!

I'm waiting for my baking to come out of the oven - I still love cold milk and warm cookies :nod:. Doesn't really help the diet though!

sodascouts
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, take it easy and enjoy yourself, Troub!

02-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Sounds tasty, EK!

And Troub - glad to hear from you - we've missed 'ya!

I am taking a few minutes to catch up on the board. It has been a crazy busy week. I started on a new project and have had to go into the office every day this week. I usually work primarily from home, so I'm having to get up 2 1/2 hours earlier than normal to get dressed, make the commute, and drop my puppy off at day care.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Right now I'm listening to a Bob Seger playlist at a high volume!

Koala
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Enjoy your free days, Troub!

Glennsallnighter
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I should be teaching. One student showed up for class, and she has spent most of the class in the bathroom!

WalshFan88
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Right now I'm making a list of things to pack later tonight - I leave for Florida in the morning! Gotta be on the road by 6AM to head to the airport! Watch out for lots of pics, perhaps some videos, AND of course reports! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2012, 12:23 PM
As I said in the other thread, ENJOY :rockguitar::rockguitar::rockguitar:

I'm getting ready to go to Dublin v Kerry. and it's POURING!!!

sodascouts
02-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I've come to The Border when I should be grading. Ah well, I'll get around to it soon! ;)

Henley Honey
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Getting ready to go watch my 10-year-old nephew play Pee-Wee Hockey. He's an animal on the ice!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Just finished watching my Pens beat the Bruins. Now I've run out of excuses not to clean the house.

EagleLady
02-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Finished playing with my new Pantech Burst.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Watching Ireland v Wales in Rugby 6 nations

EaglesKiwi
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Have just had parents-in-law around for lunch - which included home-grown new potatoes (my first attempt to grow these). Okay, they were SMALL, but pretty yummy all the same. I'm loving (learning) gardening!:D

Brooke
02-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Love new potatoes! Way to go EK!

I'm getting ready to start hell week at work! :crazy:

Windeagle
02-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Chatting about left-handed guitar players when I should be working! I'm so easily distracted today.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Chatting about left-handed guitar players when I should be working! I'm so easily distracted today.

Me, too!!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Right now, I'm doing some laundry and getting packed up for a business trip to Kentucky (Ft. Knox). Fortunately, the meeting is off-installation and I don't need to wear suits.

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Travel safely VA! I'm driving home from work listening to LROOE

Wildthyme
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Watching 70's game shows on tv while waiting for my oatmeal to finish cooking then headed off to work for the day. I get a kick out of these old shows like Match Game and seeing celebs like Betty White when they were 40 years younger along with the contestants and their goofy clothes and hair. Plus it brings back fond memories of watching them as a kid with my mom. :)

Topkat
02-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Watching the Parade for the NY Giants!! Looks like fun & it's a beautiful sunny day here in NYC!:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
02-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Listening to the beautiful voice of Brian Connolly of Sweet who passed away 15 years ago today.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Just got back from Ft. Knox and I'm exhausted, but trying to catch up on some Border news before turning in for the night.

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Sleep tight VA. Sweet dreams of our boys!

TimothyBFan
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Sitting here and trying to motivate myself. It's been a long, tiring week and I just want the weekend!! :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Sleep tight VA. Sweet dreams of our boys!

I think I did dream of them. As I woke up, I remember thinking that I needed to remember the dream so I could post it here, but by the time I was awake enough to get out of bed, the dream was gone...

Brooke
02-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I think I did dream of them. As I woke up, I remember thinking that I needed to remember the dream so I could post it here, but by the time I was awake enough to get out of bed, the dream was gone...

I hate it when that happens! I've done the same thing. :mad:

ETA: Ok now, don't anybody laugh. I tried to make a banner out of a picture of a sign that I took to the Columbia concert a couple years ago. :blush: First try with Troub's banner making class. :lol:

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Its a lovely banner Brooke!

And yeah VA, I often have the same experience, where I dream of our boys, or Glenn :heart: but while I'm really enjoying the dream it muddles up completely when I wake up!

I'm watching G-Force with Chris. The poor kiddy has a cold and a sore throat. And I'm such a bad Mom! I'm off to the lake district in England tomorrow with my parents and Laura. Just for 2 days!

Henley Honey
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
He'll be fine, GA. Have a great trip!

Topkat
02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm watching Eagles Concert from MSG 2008, LROOE tour...The concert I missed...
Somebody please tell them not to wear those black suits with the white shirts & black ties!!! Looks like a funeral. I don't like this formal look. This is Rock & Roll...but they sound great....as always. Joe is on right now doing, "In the City", & I think I forgot to put that on my Dream Set list, That was a mistake! It's awesome.:rockguitar:(thats Joe)

WalshFan88
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Just got home from vacation... It was fun but I'm glad to be back. Today I'm working on computers and trying out some of the new stuff I bought while I was gone.

Topkat
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Watching Grammy Red Carpet...Looking for Joe!

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks HH! He was fine and I had a great though rather stressful trip.

I'm marking exams at the moment. I need to boost the 'Glenn :heart: fund' so a little extra cash won't go amiss!