PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Talks About His Upcoming Tour

sodascouts
11-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Check out this article: http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/11/04/787271.aspx

There's not much to it, but he does say this about the upcoming tour's setlist:

“Mostly, I hit the new album pretty hard and I sprinkle it with some history. I do a few things from Poco and I do a few things from the Eagles. And I’m still considering a couple of other songs. It’s strong on the new stuff, but not without some nostalgia.”

I love how he still refers to Expando as "the new album." In fact, I thought for a moment this article was from 2009 until I double-checked!

I hope one of the songs he's considering is "Every Song Is You"!

Prettymaid
11-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Well, if he reads this, or someone reads it to him - which I don't believe is outside the realm of possibility - I agree with you Soda. I love the 'new' album, and I also really like ESIY. He should include it in the set list this time.

TimothyBFan
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Totally agree with both of you about ESIY!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey - let's make that a quadruple vote for Every Song Is You - that's definitely among my favorite Timothy solo songs. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, since Melancholy is the only song from Expando that Timothy didn't perform during his tour last year, I think he should add that to the set list this time around. Maybe folks will warm up to the song if they hear it live - ya never know.

Topkat
11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree that "Every Song Is You" would be a great addition to his solo show. I love that song!

luvthelighthouse
11-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Still hoping he'll find his way back to Chicago soon. Yes, ESIY would be a huge crowd pleaser!

sodascouts
11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Eagles are taking some time off at the beginning of the next year and all the guys have solo projects, maybe Tim will indeed venture out further than his home state. That would be great!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 07:50 PM
A big long list just went onto his website! It'll take forever to get them all in here!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 07:50 PM
http://timothybschmit.com/index.php?content=tour

Watching hockey, I can't do it now!

timfan
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Just got this notice on facebook!! Timothy is hitting the road this spring for a solo tour!! YEAH!!!

Check out all the dates on his official site (http://timothybschmit.com/index.php?content=tour)!

Freypower
04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
One wonders again why Glenn, who has a new album to promote, is not doing that number of shows. :eyebrow:

Prettymaid
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Oops, we have two threads for this!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes, if no one else puts in individual ones in this thread, I will later. My Pens are winning and I must give them my full attention!

zeldabjr
04-11-2012, 08:20 PM
http://timothybschmit.com/index.php?content=tour

Watching hockey, I can't do it now!

Relax...they're ahead...Three Rivers Arts Festival in Pittsburgh is close enough for me :smitten:

timfan
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
As requested all the dates!

5/20/12 Brewster Street Ice House, Corpus Christi, TX

5/22/12 La Zona Rosa, Austin, TX

5/24/12 Capitol Theatre, Clearwater, FL

5/28/12 The Hamilton, Washington, DC

5/29/12 B.B. Kings Blues Club, New York, NY

5/31/12 Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA

6/2/12 Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT

6/4/12 Rams Head on Stage, Annapolis, MD

6/6/12 Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh, PA

6/8/12 The Paramount, Huntington, NY

6/9/12 The Newton Theatre, Newton, NJ

Windeagle
04-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Darn it. I wanted to try for a TBS show since I've never been to one, but all the dates in driving distance are on days I can't go.

Topkat
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I just saw the tour listed on FaceBook.....YEAH, He's coming to NYC!!!!:partytime::partytime::partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey, TK, I thought of you! He'll be in my backyard the day before, so I just might go.

zeldabjr
04-11-2012, 10:46 PM
This is going to be a challenge going to a solo show since I'm going to Atlanta, but I'm going to give it my da.....effort. I can't imagine seeing him all alone...singing all the songs all evening...I already put a bug in my sister's ear...She likes to go to Pittsburgh to IKEA... I said why don't we go in June? I must keep working on her! Zelda :smitten::smitten:

zeldabjr
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey, TK, I thought of you! He'll be in my backyard the day before, so I just might go.

I'd like to find him in my backyard!

TimothyBFan
04-12-2012, 07:35 AM
He seems to be avoiding Chicago. I must of really scared him the last time he was there!! Come back Timothy, I promise to be good!!!! :pray:

zeldabjr
04-12-2012, 10:21 AM
He seems to be avoiding Chicago. I must of really scared him the last time he was there!! Come back Timothy, I promise to be good!!!! :pray:

What DID you do to him?:eyebrow::hilarious:

Zelda

sodascouts
04-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Chicago loves Timothy! We had a great turn out. Perhaps he's just saving it later.

Koala
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
It is great to see that Timothy makes a solo tour too! :)

Prettymaid
04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I wish these guys would consider Indianapolis for their solo shows. It's centrally located and easy for me to get to.

mustangkim11
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm going to see Timothy in Clearwater, FL 5/24. I got 8th row. I am stoked! I don't know a lot about Tim's solo stuff but when I saw him with Ringo in '92 and the Eagles in '95, he was great, so even if he sings the phone book, I'm all in.

He's also another one that's very easy on the eyes. Know what I'm sayin', ladies? :smitten:

zeldabjr
04-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm going to see Timothy in Clearwater, FL 5/24. I got 8th row. I am stoked! I don't know a lot about Tim's solo stuff but when I saw him with Ringo in '92 and the Eagles in '95, he was great, so even if he sings the phone book, I'm all in.

He's also another one that's very easy on the eyes. Know what I'm sayin', ladies? :smitten:

Oh Kim...don't get me started on Timothy B...I won't sleep tonight!...I am going on5/28 in Washington...I always said he could sing me the phonebook....:smitten::blush::heart:

Zelda

TimothyBFan
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM

Really? I hadn't noticed! :lie:

Topkat
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey is anyone going to NY show at BB King's on May 29th??? Would love to meet some of you from The Border in person???

TBFan, Love your new avi!!!!

TimothyBFan
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
TBFan, Love your new avi!!!!

Why thank you. HFO is my favorite Timothy look even tho I had fallen head over heals for him loooooong before that time.:thud:

TimothyBFan
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I hadn't really checked any of these dates or prices because he's no where close at this point and why torture myself. Out of curiosity, since we were talking in Schmit Sexiness about the last tour, I thought I'd check out and compare prices to last time. I notice that most shows are a bit more than what we all payed last tour. Correct me Chicago show goers, but wasn't it a real bargain at $22 and that included a surcharge? But even at $35-$55 how can you go wrong with this? He is definitely a great bargain to see. I've said it before but that $22 was without a doubt the most well spent $$ for a concert I've ever spent and meant more to me than shows I've attended that were 10 times that amount. KWIM?

ETA: I just remembered also---at the Chicago show, Timothy made some comment, I think he was thanking the audience for coming, etc. Someone yelled out it was a real bargain at $20.00 and he said he didn't even know how much the tickets were or something like that. :laugh:

Topkat
04-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I hadn't really checked any of these dates or prices because he's no where close at this point and why torture myself. Out of curiosity, since we were talking in Schmit Sexiness about the last tour, I thought I'd check out and compare prices to last time. I notice that most shows are a bit more than what we all payed last tour. Correct me Chicago show goers, but wasn't it a real bargain at $22 and that included a surcharge? But even at $35-$55 how can you go wrong with this? He is definitely a great bargain to see. I've said it before but that $22 was without a doubt the most well spent $$ for a concert I've ever spent and meant more to me than shows I've attended that were 10 times that amount. KWIM?

ETA: I just remembered also---at the Chicago show, Timothy made some comment, I think he was thanking the audience for coming, etc. Someone yelled out it was a real bargain at $20.00 and he said he didn't even know how much the tickets were or something like that. :laugh:

The tickets for TBS show in NY at BB King's are $35. which is a bargain. There is also a minimum at the tables of I think $10. but I have to double check that. In comparison, the tickets for Glenn in NY on May 9th are $120. & I think a lower price for balcony seats, but I think that was about $85. Then add on Ticketmaster price of about $16, (thank you Irving) I would go see Glenn if it was a little more reasonable, but I thought that was really high price. I have to save up for Eagles tickets, which will be high, & I also want to see a few other people this summer. In NY, I doubt anything is $20., yeah 2 beers! LOL

04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
I was just looking back through Tim's Chicago 2009 thread that Willie had revived. I noticed this setlist for that tour. I wonder if Tim will change it up any for this tour? I know a lot of you don't love the song like I do, but I would love for Tim to include Melancholy. I still can't figure out why it was the only song from Expando excluded from the setlist. I would also die to hear Down By the River and Every Song Is You.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/timothybschmitonline/chicago/tbschicago10.jpg

Topkat
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Would love to hear Every Song Is You & I hope he is still doing Keep On Tryin'

eaglesvet
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
The tickets for TBS show in NY at BB King's are $35. which is a bargain. There is also a minimum at the tables of I think $10. but I have to double check that. In comparison, the tickets for Glenn in NY on May 9th are $120. & I think a lower price for balcony seats, but I think that was about $85. Then add on Ticketmaster price of about $16, (thank you Irving) I would go see Glenn if it was a little more reasonable, but I thought that was really high price. I have to save up for Eagles tickets, which will be high, & I also want to see a few other people this summer. In NY, I doubt anything is $20., yeah 2 beers! LOL
Maybe Dreamer can verify, but if I'm not mistaken, Tim's Oct. 2009 shows at The Bitter End in NYC were something of the order of $25-$35 pp; a total bargain!! I think we probably had to buy 2 drinks each, but I don't really drink (plus I was driving, anyway), so that was no big whoop either.:soda: Those were the days...:hilarious:

Topkat
04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Maybe Dreamer can verify, but if I'm not mistaken, Tim's Oct. 2009 shows at The Bitter End in NYC were something of the order of $25-$35 pp; a total bargain!! I think we probably had to buy 2 drinks each, but I don't really drink (plus I was driving, anyway), so that was no big whoop either.:soda: Those were the days...:hilarious:

I am very familiar with The Bitter End. They usually have 4 or 5 bands playing there in 1 night. They are usually unknown bands. You pay to see 1 band + 2 drink minimum. When the next band comes on, you have to leave or pay again for that band.I was surprised that Timothy played there. It is very reasonable. I don't know if that's the way it worked when he was there, but normally, that's how that place is run. I have been there several times. For the unknown bands, the price is even lower, like $10. but they make money because they charge for each band, + the 2 drinks, & people come to see only 1 group, then the next shift of people come in.

Prettymaid
04-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I think Timothy is very under-rated - thus the "cheap" tickets. I was thrilled to see him in Chicago for $22, but I think he is worth every penny of $35 - $50. I just wish that other concert tickets would come DOWN a little. :eyebrow:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2012, 12:16 PM
One big difference is that Timothy's shows aren't through Ticketmaster or LiveNation. Besides fees, they add a percentage on top. Then the venues add a percentage, then of course federal, state, and local fees. A venue that can make their money on food and alcohol (that mark-up is higher) will always have cheaper ticket prices. If you look at the difference in ticket prices between Joe's shows that aren't through TM or LN or a PAC and those that are, you'll see a big difference I think.

04-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Can't remember for sure, EV, but that price sounds about right. One thing for sure it was a bargain for such an awesome show! :nod:

And ITA with you about the pricing, VA.

Topkat
04-29-2012, 08:09 PM
One big difference is that Timothy's shows aren't through Ticketmaster or LiveNation. Besides fees, they add a percentage on top. Then the venues add a percentage, then of course federal, state, and local fees. A venue that can make their money on food and alcohol (that mark-up is higher) will always have cheaper ticket prices. If you look at the difference in ticket prices between Joe's shows that aren't through TM or LN or a PAC and those that are, you'll see a big difference I think.

That makes sense. These venues with the lower prices have drinks & some have food also. BB King's has food, so you do end up spending a lot of money at the table, but it's still worth it. I mean at least you get a lot for the money. TM & LN are highway robbers. What they charge for "Handling Fees" ( Like emailing you a ticket) is just Insane!!

eaglesvet
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
I think Timothy is very under-rated - thus the "cheap" tickets. I was thrilled to see him in Chicago for $22, but I think he is worth every penny of $35 - $50. I just wish that other concert tickets would come DOWN a little. :eyebrow:

Agreed, PM!

And Topkat, I thing there may have been a late-night band coming on after Timmy, but i'm not sure any more...my memory's fading! :shrug:

mustangkim11
04-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Re-the venue where Timothy will be playing on 5/24 (Capitol Theater in Clearwater, FL)...I went to see Greg Lake (from ELP) there this past Sat night and the camera policy was lax to the point of the management not giving a hoot if people sat there filming all night long as the people in front of me were doing (w/ their phones and small digital cameras). I'm not going to promise video but I will try my level best to get some good Tim live still shots.

Seriously, the ushers did not even check bags or anything. I was pleasantly surprised.

And one more important thing, this venue was tiny as in it holds like 400 people. I was in the last row and I could not have been more than 75 feet from the stage. Sitting in the 8th row for our boy Tim is going to be reeeaaalllly close. God! I can't wait! :love:

zeldabjr
04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Re-the venue where Timothy will be playing on 5/24 (Capitol Theater in Clearwater, FL)...I went to see Greg Lake (from ELP) there this past Sat night and the camera policy was lax to the point of the management not giving a hoot if people sat there filming all night long as the people in front of me were doing (w/ their phones and small digital cameras). I'm not going to promise video but I will try my level best to get some good Tim live still shots.

Seriously, the ushers did not even check bags or anything. I was pleasantly surprised.

And one more important thing, this venue was tiny as in it holds like 400 people. I was in the last row and I could not have been more than 75 feet from the stage. Sitting in the 8th row for our boy Tim is going to be reeeaaalllly close. God! I can't wait! :love:

Oh Kim, take lots of pics for us to see! Zelda

TimothyBFan
05-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Woo hoo, Kim!!! How cool!! That should be a great night.