PDA

View Full Version : St. Petersburg, FL 18.11.2011

Koala
11-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Don Henley brings pop sound to reimagined Mahaffey Theater

http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/don-henley-brings-pop-sound-to-reimagined-mahaffey-theater/1202597

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/b4s_Henley111911_200157c.jpg?t=1321686594

EaglesKiwi
11-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks for finding that, Koala. He briefly mentions that Don's voice was sounding good, so hopefully that means the Eagles show tonight will ROCK.

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks for that Koala! Glad to see you putting your sick leave to good use :wink:

Prettymaid
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Wow, so Don did a solo show in FL the night before his Eagles gig in Vegas??!!!

Koala
11-20-2011, 04:18 AM
Here a short video!

http://www.baynews9.com/video?clip=http://static.baynews9.com/newsvideo/bn9/web_video/Mahaffey_opening_1119.f4v&vtitle=Mahaffey

Brooke
11-20-2011, 11:31 AM

Amazing! Don is all about work these days, isn't he?!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks as always, Koala, for your diligence in finding this stuff. Don was looking and sounding great!

Slate CM
12-28-2011, 08:11 PM

Yeah, in fact I have a friend that was there, and after the 3rd encore Don said "Hey guys, I have to go. I've got an Eagles show in Vegas tomorrow."

He also said he doesn't mind people taking photos, but no video. Otherwise he has to have someone go to youtube and delete them.

EaglesKiwi
12-31-2011, 04:49 AM
Yeah, in fact I have a friend that was there, and after the 3rd encore Don said "Hey guys, I have to go. I've got an Eagles show in Vegas tomorrow.".
That's really cute! Lucky friend to be at a show where Don was enjoying himself so much.

He also said he doesn't mind people taking photos, but no video. Otherwise he has to have someone go to youtube and delete them.
It hadn't occurred to me before :blush:, but maybe the issue with videos is that Don isn't the sole copyright holder? Can an artist give permission for their works to be used free of charge if other parties are missing out on revenue - co-writers, record labels etc?? :hmm: After all, we've never had comments about the many - including some hilarious - photos we've got on here...

Freypower
12-31-2011, 07:10 PM
It hadn't occurred to me before :blush:, but maybe the issue with videos is that Don isn't the sole copyright holder? Can an artist give permission for their works to be used free of charge if other parties are missing out on revenue - co-writers, record labels etc?? :hmm: After all, we've never had comments about the many - including some hilarious - photos we've got on here...

The Eagles don't have intellectual property rights to photographs of themselves, as far as I am aware. Henley's obsession is with his own intellectual property rights to videos & bootlegs. I have no idea what his view is on the rights of people who share ownership with him. His view is that if videos are posted of him performing, the person who filmed the video is 'stealing' his copyright and 'stealing' the money that he should be making. It apparently has never occurred to him or the band that if they released more than one DVD every decade, there would perhaps not be so many bootlegs.

01-01-2012, 02:44 PM
We'll, I'm guessing that it probably has occurred to him, but he and the band have other reasons for choosing not to release more DVDs. I know that for most hardcore fans more is better; however, I believe that not over-marketing themselves has served the band very well.

As far as copyright laws, I think any individual copyright owner can invoke copyright privileges even if the copyright is shared. It would seem to me that in the case of the Eagles, the principle owners would want to make those decisions jointly even if they are not required to do so by law.

Freypower
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
We'll, I'm guessing that it probably has occurred to him, but he and the band have other reasons for choosing not to release more DVDs. I know that for most hardcore fans more is better; however, I believe that not over-marketing themselves has served the band very well.

As far as copyright laws, I think any individual copyright owner can invoke copyright privileges even if the copyright is shared. It would seem to me that in the case of the Eagles, the principle owners would want to make those decisions jointly even if they are not required to do so by law.

I don't want them to 'over-market' themselves, but in my opinion it was a very big mistake not to release a LROOE tour DVD when the songs were still new and they were still playing a few of them. Now the chance has gone.

01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Well - I guess we'll never know if it was a mistake or not to release a LROOE tour DVD. Honestly, at the time, I was one that also wanted a DVD, but, in retrospect, I'm not too sure it was a mistake, especially since it was relatively close to the 40th year anniversary. FP - yes, you and I and many others on this board will buy pretty much anything the band releases, but I'm not too sure a LROOE DVD would have sold that well outside of the hardcore fan base. However, I'll bet a well-done 40th anniversary DVD will go over very well because it's a very special landmark in the band's history.

Prettymaid
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Wow, he actually said that? :lol: I'll bet he was smiling.

TimothyBFan
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Well - I guess we'll never know if it was a mistake or not to release a LROOE tour DVD. Honestly, at the time, I was one that also wanted a DVD, but, in retrospect, I'm not too sure it was a mistake, especially since it was relatively close to the 40th year anniversary. FP - yes, you and I and many others on this board will buy pretty much anything the band releases, but I'm not too sure a LROOE DVD would have sold that well outside of the hardcore fan base. However, I'll bet a well-done 40th anniversary DVD will go over very well because it's a very special landmark in the band's history.

Hadn't really thought of it that way but I think you have a very valid point here. That makes all kinds of sense.

EaglesKiwi
01-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Good points, Dreamer. I too would love to see them performing some LROOE songs on a DVD - but perhaps they thought that a 40th anniversary DVD would allow them to include BOTH some LROOE songs and some other "goodies". In which case - they may be adding some of the songs back in to the setlist to make it representative of their whole career? (Will go over to the "if there's a new DVD what do you want" thread now!).