PDA

View Full Version : George Harrison

Ive always been a dreamer
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Since we didn't already have a thread here for George, I thought I'd start one to commemorate the 10th anniversary of his death today.

Since George was known as "the quiet" Beatle, his immense talent was often overshadowed. But, he was very talented indeed.

I remember how empty I felt when I heard about his passing. George - you are missed. Thank you for your mark on this earth!

Prettymaid
11-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for starting this Dreamer. I really didn't realize how much talent George had until The Beatles broke up. His solo work is good and I love the Traveling Wilburys!(sp)

Freypower
11-29-2011, 05:45 PM
I am still getting over the dreadful shock of his death. I cried for about an hour (well, I was in bed at the time).

The Quiet Beatle, an inspiration to millions, and still missed for his wonderful guitar playing and sensitive singing. I often listen to his harmony parts in Beatles songs.

My personal top 10 'Harisongs':

1. Something
2. Here Comes The Sun
3. My Sweet Lord
4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
5. Taxman
6. What Is Life
7. If I Needed Someone
8. Love You To
9. Within You Without You
10. Blow Away

AzEaglesFan
11-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I have a DVD of a Carl Perkins special he was a part of. I didn't realize either what a great guitarist he was until I watched that DVD.

WalshFan88
12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
By FAR my favorite Beatle. He was the most melodic and lyrical guitarist of his time. And guys like Joe Walsh and Mike Campbell (both huge fans of him and the Beatles) followed in his footsteps to become the most melodic and lyrical (fitting the song) players of their time. They never overplay, they serve the song and they are always melodic in their parts.

My favorite George song is Here Comes The Sun. I've loved it since I was a little kid. It's so melodic and peaceful.

TimothyBFan
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
This is so freaking awesome!!! Tom & Jeff sound beautiful but when Prince comes in with the guitar solo, it gave me chills! BTW- Dhani freaks me out every time I see him. I swear he's his Dad all over again!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5990324021460950823

Topkat
08-03-2012, 11:38 AM
It's a fabulous tribute to the song, but I do think Clapton owns that solo. Prince was grandstanding, as usual, but I think he's a better guitar player than people give him credit for.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
I love His Purpleness! This was a great vid, TBF, thanks for posting. I actually forgot I was sitting here in my living room and actually applauded at the end of it. I don't think I've ever done that before. Prince made the video, IMO, but the entire thing was amazing beginning to end.

TimothyBFan
08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
It's a fabulous tribute to the song, but I do think Clapton owns that solo. Prince was grandstanding, as usual, but I think he's a better guitar player than people give him credit for.

Thanks for acknowledging that he is a better guitar player than given credit for. I think anyone who has been or is familiar with his long career, has known that he's more talented than MOST out there. Starting from his very first solo album, For You (which I'm proud to say I am an owner of a first pressing that I've had since it came out), which he not only played all the instruments on but composed and produced at the tender age of only 20.

Prince is a guitar GOD and can hold his own up against about any other guitar player, including Clapton, whom I would be willing to bet, would agree, out there. He is, always has been and always will be, a showman which does NOT mean he's "grandstanding" and in no way diminishes the man's talents. He is a self taught musicians who plays 27 instruments. The man is one of the most talented musicians out there.

What he did in this video, is nothing short of spectacular. I just bet Jeff, Tom, Steve, Mark, etc... would agree to that.

When he fell backwards while that security guard(?) held him up, freaking awesome! And at the end when on the last note, he throws the guitar---so COOL!!! Love the smiles he throws those guys, he knows he's good and is having a great time at this. I wish he did more rock n roll. He handles it well.

Thank you, Verna. I know what you mean about him making the video! Sheer AWESOMENESS!!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Love the smiles he throws those guys, he knows he's good and is having a great time at this. I wish he did more rock n roll. He handles it well.

Thank you, Verna. I know what you mean about him making the video! Sheer AWESOMENESS!!

He has the most adorable smile and always has. He's not someone who comes to mind for guitar playing because he does so many other things as well. Kudos always go to those who do nothing else. Clapton is the obvious exception and even then, while he gets credit for his guitar playing, most say great 'performer' and not 'guitar player'. Because there's more to him than that. Same with His Purpleness.

I can see I'm gonna have to watch Purple Rain again this weekend.

Topkat
08-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I do think Prince clearly has talent. No question about that, but I have never been a big fan of his.

The lean back on the security guy & the guitar throwing were all planned & staged. That's what I mean about him "grandstanding". He did a great solo, but he just can't leave it at that.... He has to throw that stuff into the show. I can't see any of these other musicians doing something like that..... Just trying to prove his coolness. When you are great.....that stuff isn't necessary. Would have been WAY COOLER without it!

I thought Dhani Harrison was cool. He is the adorable George at that age. It was scary to see him looking exactly like him.

WalshFan88
08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
There was a story that Dhani Harrison requested Prince do the solo at that performance in George's memory. Dhani is a big Prince fan and he was sort of his hero and Prince accepted the offer by Dhani to come and play. Some of the others had reservations but did it because Dhani wanted him there. I think it was in an article somewhere. You can see Dhani thanking him at the end of the video.

TimothyBFan
08-03-2012, 05:15 PM
There was a story that Dhani Harrison requested Prince do the solo at that performance in George's memory. Dhani is a big Prince fan and he was sort of his hero and Prince accepted the offer by Dhani to come and play. Some of the others had reservations but did it because Dhani wanted him there. I think it was in an article somewhere. You can see Dhani thanking him at the end of the video.

Thanks for that insight Austin. I love the fact that Dhani requested it. Someone else was telling me that they had heard that the other performers had had reservations about it. Well I guess he showed them then. :hilarious:

The lean back on the security guy & the guitar throwing were all planned & staged. That's what I mean about him "grandstanding". He did a great solo, but he just can't leave it at that.... He has to throw that stuff into the show. I can't see any of these other musicians doing something like that..... Just trying to prove his coolness. When you are great.....that stuff isn't necessary. Would have been WAY COOLER without it!

When you say, "when you are great...that stuff isn't necessary.", do you mean just for this show or anytime in general? Because as I read this about him throwing stuff into the show, etc... I instantly think of artist like Pete Townsend smashing guitars and Jim Hendrix setting his guitar on fire amongst other famous, highly respected artist and some of the theatrics. Just curious.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 06:48 PM

Yep I agree, Clapton owns that solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Ok....George Harrison was an outstanding musician and talented human being.
I always thought that While my Guitar gently weeps was written for Eric clapton. Turns out that at that time the beatles were not behaving too well together and George picked up on the fact that the others got along better and behaved better when there was "company" around. SO , the story goes that George asked Eric to come and play.

THe Concert for George is one of my favs right behind Melbourne.'It was done one year to the day that George died. If you havent seen it, watch it.
Isnt a pity
ALl things must pass
What is Life
Well...I could go on and on but this is an eagles website:thumbsup:

Topkat
08-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks for that insight Austin. I love the fact that Dhani requested it. Someone else was telling me that they had heard that the other performers had had reservations about it. Well I guess he showed them then. :hilarious:

When you say, "when you are great...that stuff isn't necessary.", do you mean just for this show or anytime in general? Because as I read this about him throwing stuff into the show, etc... I instantly think of artist like Pete Townsend smashing guitars and Jim Hendrix setting his guitar on fire amongst other famous, highly respected artist and some of the theatrics. Just curious.

I really generally don't like that kind of stuff done by anybody, but Townshend & Hendrix did that in the 60's. I do think they were also grandstanding, & that it wasn't necessary either. I think at that time they were just young & did crazy stuff. I think the Harrison tribute was something that was paying tribute to a famous musician who passed away & who most of these guys were friends with so I think Prince just overdid it a little, trying to make himself the center of attention., where to the others it was paying respect to Harrison's music.

Here is Harrison & Clapton performing the songhttp://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1j9SR2S6H8&feature=player_detailpage

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I really generally don't like that kind of stuff done by anybody, but Townshend & Hendrix did that in the 60's. I do think they were also grandstanding, & that it wasn't necessary either. I think at that time they were just young & did crazy stuff. I think the Harrison tribute was something that was paying tribute to a famous musician who passed away & who most of these guys were friends with so I think Prince just overdid it a little, trying to make himself the center of attention., where to the others it was paying respect to Harrison's music.

Here is Harrison & Clapton performing the songhttp://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1j9SR2S6H8&feature=player_detailpage
I agree "the others were just paying respect to their friend and his music"
Not grandstanding:thumbsup:

Topkat
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
By the way I was at that concert for Bangladesh. I was 14 & it was one of my first concerts!!! I was in a trance at that show because I could not believe what I was witnessing........If you notice Clapton at the end of the song casually takes his cigarette off the end of his guitar to smoke it. :guitar:
Yes, that's Ringo back there on drums & Leon Russell on keyboards.
I have my ticket stub from this show. I paid $6.50 to see this at Madison Square Garden!! Pretty hard to believe!

EagleLady
08-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry but I don't see how Prince is "grandstanding". There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Stage antics of Prince or Townshend, or Hendrix.

Freypower
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for acknowledging that he is a better guitar player than given credit for. I think anyone who has been or is familiar with his long career, has known that he's more talented than MOST out there. Starting from his very first solo album, For You (which I'm proud to say I am an owner of a first pressing that I've had since it came out), which he not only played all the instruments on but composed and produced at the tender age of only 20.

Prince is a guitar GOD and can hold his own up against about any other guitar player, including Clapton, whom I would be willing to bet, would agree, out there. He is, always has been and always will be, a showman which does NOT mean he's "grandstanding" and in no way diminishes the man's talents. He is a self taught musicians who plays 27 instruments. The man is one of the most talented musicians out there.

What he did in this video, is nothing short of spectacular. I just bet Jeff, Tom, Steve, Mark, etc... would agree to that.

When he fell backwards while that security guard(?) held him up, freaking awesome! And at the end when on the last note, he throws the guitar---so COOL!!! Love the smiles he throws those guys, he knows he's good and is having a great time at this. I wish he did more rock n roll. He handles it well.

This was absolutely, totally awesome & I couldn't agree with you more but I also loved hearing the great Jeff Lynne do some singing.

Who is the other guitarist? You mention 'Mark' but it ain't Mr Knopfler. Steve Winwood? No, Steve is on keyboards, of course.

Marc Mann. Never heard of him.

TimothyBFan
08-04-2012, 12:26 PM
This was absolutely, totally awesome & I couldn't agree with you more but I also loved hearing the great Jeff Lynne do some singing.

Who is the other guitarist? You mention 'Mark' but it ain't Mr Knopfler. Steve Winwood? No, Steve is on keyboards, of course.

Marc Mann. Never heard of him.

I might be wrong about Marc (I spelled his name wrong) but it looks like Marc Mann and since he's been connected with Jeff & Dhani, I assumed.

I got curious and looked on Youtube for this-- several on there and some of the comments are cracking me up.

One of the comments on this one:
"Mozart didn't die; he heard about Prince and gave up. Jimi Hendrix didn't die......"
Lots of comments on this one. Main question is, where did Prince's guitar go? :hilarious: For the most part, everyone is in awe of Prince's performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Topkat
08-04-2012, 01:37 PM
There is a guitar tech behind him that catches the guitar. You can't see it on this video.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-04-2012, 01:45 PM
WOW! I've seen this video before, and I'm in awe of everyone's performance there. I bet it would have made George very proud. What a wonderful tribute! Thanks for posting that, TBF. I could watch it for hours if I had time. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
08-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Ok..never been a Prince fan although my son has seen him live and says it was one of the best concerts he ever went to.
Its great he plays a lot of insturments and is self taught.
But, in my opinion..few come close to Eric Clapton in talent.
The man is a genius.
This is a great clip..thanks for posting it.

Check out the concert for George, done one year to the day of his passing...Ec the lated Billy Preston PAul, Ringo etc etc are on it .
A great video.

George was the greatest. Rest in peace.':thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
GREAT video TBF! Thanks for posting it.

secret squirrel
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Wrote two blogs comparing George Harrison and Dave Davies:

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/dave-davies-and-george-harrison.html

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/dave-davies-and-george-harrison.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/christian-kane-covered-in-glory.html

Grego
03-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Just a bit of trivia! The second article mentions some of the artists who did covers of George Harrison's "Something". Frank Sinatra, who sang the song once said that It was his favorite Lennon/McCartney composition! When a reporter once mentioned this to McCartney,in an interview, Paul said " I wish the song was one of mine, it's better than some of the ones I've written!"

secret squirrel
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Here’s a short interview with Don Felder and he talks about George H. – I’m just about to read it:
http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014/03/15/he-played-like-a-songwriter-the-eagles-don-felder-on-how-george-harrison-changed-everything/

SS
xx

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/opinion8-must-see-tv.html

WalshFan88
03-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Very cool - thanks for sharing SS!

buffyfan145
02-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Saw some very interesting George news today that apparently he's going to be on Eric Clapton's new album out this May. :) My fellow George friends posted it today and Eric's crediting George's pen name L'Angelo Misterioso he used for backing vocals and guitar on this new song "I Will Be There". I didn't think this would happen again so that is going to be interesting hearing it. :)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6882740/eric-clapton-george-harrison-new-song-i-still-do-angelo-mysterioso

George is still my favorite Beatle just like how Glenn was my fav of the Eagles. I still don't know why as I always have but I love both of them and their music very much.

travlnman2
02-19-2016, 11:53 PM
George will always be special to me not only is he my favorite Beatles but he was the one who introduced me to classic rock and inspired me to pick up the guitar at 5 I am 17 now. It was the Concert For George that captured my mind onto Rock and Roll

buffyfan145
02-20-2016, 11:26 AM
The Concert for George was amazing and I loved getting to see everyone honor him that way. It was also my first introduction to Dhani and I've been a fan of his music and band thenewno2 since around 2007/8. George always was my fav and I could relate so much to him being considered a "quiet one" too, and I always liked how spiritual his songs were too. Very excited to hear this newish song Clapton's releasing.

Also on a related note Dhani has news yesterday too that he's going to appear on Paul's son James McCartney's new album and I think it's the first time two Beatles' kids have collaborated before.

SilverAcidRayne
02-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Saw some very interesting George news today that apparently he's going to be on Eric Clapton's new album out this May. :) My fellow George friends posted it today and Eric's crediting George's pen name L'Angelo Misterioso he used for backing vocals and guitar on this new song "I Will Be There". I didn't think this would happen again so that is going to be interesting hearing it. :)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6882740/eric-clapton-george-harrison-new-song-i-still-do-angelo-mysterioso

George is still my favorite Beatle just like how Glenn was my fav of the Eagles. I still don't know why as I always have but I love both of them and their music very much.

George is my favorite also. I read about that as I am also a huge Clapton fan. I cant wait to hear how it came about

Freypower
02-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Eric has just denied this on his FB page.

There is no truth to the rumor that George Harrison plays or sings on the forthcoming album 'I Still Do".....

SilverAcidRayne
02-20-2016, 05:56 PM
really? OMG. why do that? why do people say things about things they know nothing about? people. smh lol

SilverAcidRayne
02-20-2016, 06:00 PM
go home billboard you're drunk... lol I believe the horse's mouth. a rather gorgeous horse I should say...

buffyfan145
02-20-2016, 10:26 PM
I just saw that too. It is odd though with the name which now has me thinking it's Dhani. He's been credited like that before with Jeff Lynne as they worked a Traveling Wilburys album and he's got his own Wilbury name too. The name is spelled slightly different than what George used to do but it is odd someone is credited like that for that song.

SilverAcidRayne
02-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Dhani creeps me out to this day. Just as handsome as his father was. It wouldn't surprise me to hear it's him.

buffyfan145
02-20-2016, 10:39 PM
LOL I love Dhani and his band is really great. He also does scores now for TV shows and movies. It used to freak me out too how much he resembles George but now I really don't see it as much and see more of Olivia in him. Dhani has been guesting on a lot of other artists' albums and I can see how this easily could have confused the reporters and fans if this is the case.

SilverAcidRayne
02-21-2016, 12:29 AM
When you stare for a legit 5 minutes to make sure it's not George... there's a problem lol

But it very well could be him guesting on the record. They were all close and maybe still is

buffyfan145
02-21-2016, 11:01 AM
When you stare for a legit 5 minutes to make sure it's not George... there's a problem lol

But it very well could be him guesting on the record. They were all close and maybe still is

LOL :D That reminds me of one of my fav George quotes where he was talking to Dhani and said "You look more like George Harrison than I do".

SilverAcidRayne
02-21-2016, 07:19 PM
YES! lmfao

its scary dude... and I cant listen to him sing. nope. lol

Mrs Frey
02-23-2016, 06:39 AM
I love that there is a George Harrison thread. Thanks, Dreamer, for starting it. I can't believe that this is the first time I see it.

I've been skimming through everyone's posts. My favourite Beatle has always been John Lennon, but I love the others too, and have a special place in my heart for George. I cried like a little baby when he passed away. It took me a while to process it, but I knew he was ill, so it didn't come as the shock that Glenn's :heart: passing did. Still, it was heart breaking.

George was a handsome man, insightful and extremely talented. I always found his songs more difficult to play on guitar than John and Paul's. The chord structures are amazing. I love his voice, and his wonderful Liverpudlian accent. He also had a great sense of humour.

George's birthday is in two days' time - 25 February. He would've been 73 this year. Love you, George. I hope you are jamming with Glenn :heart: in heaven now.

buffyfan145
02-23-2016, 11:27 AM
I totally agree with you about George!!! :D Sums up why he was my favorite Beatle too. I was only 15 when he passed and it hit me really hard too. It does feel similar with Glenn but I agree it's harder, since with George we knew he was sick. I too hope they're up there jamming and harmonizing together with the many others as well. :)

Did see too the channel MTV Live will be airing "George Fest", which happened at the end of 2014, on Saturday at 9 pm EST. The channel used to be called Palladia and if you have DirecTV like I do we're getting a free preview this week and weekend. I'm excited to watch as a lot of musicians including George's son Dhani and Brian Wilson performed. It's the first time it's aired on TV and the DVD's out on Friday.

Freypower
02-23-2016, 04:22 PM
I totally agree with you about George!!! :D Sums up why he was my favorite Beatle too. I was only 15 when he passed and it hit me really hard too. It does feel similar with Glenn but I agree it's harder, since with George we knew he was sick. I too hope they're up there jamming and harmonizing together with the many others as well. :)

Did see too the channel MTV Live will be airing "George Fest", which happened at the end of 2014, on Saturday at 9 pm EST. The channel used to be called Palladia and if you have DirecTV like I do we're getting a free preview this week and weekend. I'm excited to watch as a lot of musicians including George's son Dhani and Brian Wilson performed. It's the first time it's aired on TV and the DVD's out on Friday.

Without getting off topic we did know Glenn was sick.

buffyfan145
02-23-2016, 05:08 PM
I had no idea Glenn was sick, so for me it was much more of a shock than when George passed.

But back to George I'm excited to watch this concert since I really didn't think I would since I normally don't get the channel. Think it's nice it's airing too around his birthday.

SilverAcidRayne
02-23-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm a huge Beatles fanatic. and George kinda stole my heart. He was the one who was quiet and people overlooked him but when he got on his own he was a brilliant musician in his own right.

The whole thing with Glenn? It's like we all knew he was sick but none of us expected him to leave us. It was like a punch in the heart for real.

SilverAcidRayne
02-23-2016, 05:34 PM
I love that there is a George Harrison thread. Thanks, Dreamer, for starting it. I can't believe that this is the first time I see it.

I've been skimming through everyone's posts. My favourite Beatle has always been John Lennon, but I love the others too, and have a special place in my heart for George. I cried like a little baby when he passed away. It took me a while to process it, but I knew he was ill, so it didn't come as the shock that Glenn's :heart: passing did. Still, it was heart breaking.

George was a handsome man, insightful and extremely talented. I always found his songs more difficult to play on guitar than John and Paul's. The chord structures are amazing. I love his voice, and his wonderful Liverpudlian accent. He also had a great sense of humour.

George's birthday is in two days' time - 25 February. He would've been 73 this year. Love you, George. I hope you are jamming with Glenn :heart: in heaven now.

You know when you're young and you really don't understand life? I was 5 when John was taken. and I watched all the footage from that just yesterday. Broke my heart.

Mrs Frey
02-24-2016, 02:14 AM
SAR, I totally understand. I was 4 when John was taken. Two of my biggest heroes passed away before I knew who they were: Elvis in 1977 and John in 1980. They're leaving us one by one - it makes me very sad. :weep:

buffyfan145
02-24-2016, 11:17 AM
I was born 6 years after John passed so I never knew a time when he was alive. That always saddened me and made John so much more mysterious to me, same as Elvis. George was always my fav Beatle with Paul a close 2nd, but I really became a fan of John as a teenager. Of course always loved Ringo too. LOL :)

SilverAcidRayne
02-24-2016, 04:52 PM
SAR, I totally understand. I was 4 when John was taken. Two of my biggest heroes passed away before I knew who they were: Elvis in 1977 and John in 1980. They're leaving us one by one - it makes me very sad. :weep:

yes maam. that is the point exactly. everyone we grew up with musically is gone. I know there are people here that is older than us and was lucky enough to be around and know who John was and Glenn... way before us young ones did. Like I finally know who these people are and how much of an impact they had on people's lives. And they are gone. it really wakes me up on how much life is precious and very short

SilverAcidRayne
02-24-2016, 04:54 PM
I was born 6 years after John passed so I never knew a time when he was alive. That always saddened me and made John so much more mysterious to me, same as Elvis. George was always my fav Beatle with Paul a close 2nd, but I really became a fan of John as a teenager. Of course always loved Ringo too. LOL :)

Ringo looks so awesome now and he was the main one who had health issues... I'm proud of him lol

Mrs Frey
02-26-2016, 08:04 AM
yes maam. that is the point exactly. everyone we grew up with musically is gone. I know there are people here that is older than us and was lucky enough to be around and know who John was and Glenn... way before us young ones did. Like I finally know who these people are and how much of an impact they had on people's lives. And they are gone. it really wakes me up on how much life is precious and very short

Indeed, SAR, indeed. I've made a decision, at just 7 months short of turning 40, to become a full-time musician. I've sort of been forced into it because of my work circumstances, but I feel that if I don't do something about it now, I'm going to lose my chance. At least my partner and I are in this thing together. We only have one chance at this life. We have to do it right. Glenn :heart: was the poster boy for taking his opportunities.

buffyfan145
02-28-2016, 10:39 AM
I loved watching "George Fest" last night!!! :D Dhani did such a great job getting all those musicians together. I was surreal hearing Dhani sing so many of his dad's songs. I also loved hearing Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and others sing "My Sweet Lord", Norah Jones sing "Something", Brandon Flowers from The Killers sing "Got my Mind Set on You", and so many other performances by Ben Harper, Ann Wilson, the lead singer of Spoon, Cold War Kids, and many other musicians I recognized. Even Conan O'Brien, who is a guitarist and singer, and Weird Al performed. I also loved everyone singing the Traveling Wilburys' song "Handle Me with Care" at the end, and how they intermixed interview segments with how George inspired all these other musicians and bringing up his spiritual side to his songs, and how he's one of the best slide guitarists. Just so well done and loved it. :D It's reairing today and is out on DVD now too.

EagleLady
02-28-2016, 11:49 AM
The song is Handle with care.

SilverAcidRayne
02-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Indeed, SAR, indeed. I've made a decision, at just 7 months short of turning 40, to become a full-time musician. I've sort of been forced into it because of my work circumstances, but I feel that if I don't do something about it now, I'm going to lose my chance. At least my partner and I are in this thing together. We only have one chance at this life. We have to do it right. Glenn :heart: was the poster boy for taking his opportunities.

absolutely. hey I even attempted to learn guitar. it's like ok I love all these people and the music why don't I try and learn it? very slow work in progress :)

SilverAcidRayne
02-28-2016, 01:24 PM
I loved watching "George Fest" last night!!! :D Dhani did such a great job getting all those musicians together. I was surreal hearing Dhani sing so many of his dad's songs. I also loved hearing Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and others sing "My Sweet Lord", Norah Jones sing "Something", Brandon Flowers from The Killers sing "Got my Mind Set on You", and so many other performances by Ben Harper, Ann Wilson, the lead singer of Spoon, Cold War Kids, and many other musicians I recognized. Even Conan O'Brien, who is a guitarist and singer, and Weird Al performed. I also loved everyone singing the Traveling Wilburys' song "Handle Me with Care" at the end, and how they intermixed interview segments with how George inspired all these other musicians and bringing up his spiritual side to his songs, and how he's one of the best slide guitarists. Just so well done and loved it. :D It's reairing today and is out on DVD now too.
and I missed it? dammit

UndertheWire
07-11-2017, 10:29 AM
For obvious reasons, I was thinking about the children of rock/pop stars who followed their parent into the music business and I found a good interview with Dhani Harrison. He has such a good attititude.

If you are a family butcher, serving customers since 1870, no one goes, 'Oh, I’m not sure if their steak is as good as their dad’s’,” says Dhani Harrison.

He is well aware that being heir to George Harrison’s $200 million estate confers advantages: “If I was trying to make money at this, I’d have probably given up a long time ago.” The goal, he says, is “to have a good time being a musician. I like to learn as much as possible from my friends and people I work with, to push myself forward and master things and experiment. It’s not a competition. People make a big deal about my dad, and musically he is a big deal, but that’s their issue, not my issue. I’ve been OK with it my whole life because he was my dad, so I’m getting on with it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9553822/Dhani-Harrison-interview-something-in-the-way-he-plays.html

New Kid In Town
07-11-2017, 11:33 AM
He certainly sounds together with the right attitude. Good for him.