PDA

View Full Version : A few more personal Randy questions

bttncrt
12-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know what Randy's height is? When placed next to Don H., Randy looked to be about the same height (5' 10") as Don (taking into account Don's voluminous hair), yet when placed next to Rick Nelson (who was reportedly 6' 0" tall), Randy looked taller than Rick. Not important, but just wondering ...

Does Randy have any brothers or sisters? If so, are/were they musical?

Several Eagles biographies and articles mention that Randy had girlfriends (actual girlfriends, not on-the-road encounters) while he was married to his first wife. Any idea of who these women were? (And am I allowed to ask this question?)

Does Randy own any real estate or businesses in his home state of Nebraska? Do his children live there?

And last, but certainly most important, has anyone heard how Randy's health is doing?

Ta to all!

bttncrt

Ive always been a dreamer
12-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Randy is a very private person, so there really isn't a lot of information known about his personal life. Here is my best shot to answer your questions.

I don't know Randy's height, but I always thought he looked taller than Don Henley and closer in height to Don Felder - my guess would be around 6'0'', but that's just a guess. Those camera angles can be tricky. :wink:

To my knowledge Randy had one sibling - a sister named Carol who is deceased. I don't know if she was musical or not, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't a professional musician.

I know one of his children does not live in Nebraska - not sure about the other two.

Haven't heard any recent information about Randy's health. Hopefully, no news is good news.

whitcap
12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Welcome back bttncrt :)

Does anyone know what Randy's height is? When placed next to Don H., Randy looked to be about the same height (5' 10") as Don (taking into account Don's voluminous hair), yet when placed next to Rick Nelson (who was reportedly 6' 0" tall), Randy looked taller than Rick. Not important, but just wondering ...

Randy is 5'11

Does Randy have any brothers or sisters? If so, are/were they musical?

He has an older sister. She wasn't musical that I know of.

Several Eagles biographies and articles mention that Randy had girlfriends (actual girlfriends, not on-the-road encounters) while he was married to his first wife. Any idea of who these women were? (And am I allowed to ask this question?)

I have no idea who Randy was with while he was married to his first wife. He's was and still is a pretty private guy when it comes to his personal life.

Does Randy own any real estate or businesses in his home state of Nebraska? Do his children live there?

I know he used to but I'm not sure if he still owns land in Nebraska.

And last, but certainly most important, has anyone heard how Randy's health is doing?

Ta to all!

bttncrt

I'm afraid I haven't heard much about how Randy's health is doing.

sodascouts
12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
The last I heard about Randy's health was two years ago, and I heard at the time that he was not doing well but hanging in there. Since it's two years later and there's been no reports, I'd venture to say "no news is good news" - although of course we can't know for sure. I know we all just wish the best for Randy no matter what.

bttncrt
12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi again, thanks for all the helpful answers. It's a shame Randy lost his only sibling, as well as his mum and dad. I hope he can stay well himself. And I meant no disrespect to Randy or his former wife regarding the girlfriend question; maintaining a long-distance marriage over a number of years would hard on any marriage. I think they did pretty well, considering the extraordinary circumstances involved.

Please post news of Randy's health, should anyone hear of an update. Happy holidays to all!