PDA

View Full Version : Uncyclopedia

sodascouts
04-07-2007, 12:34 AM
I found this on the web. It's a parody of Wikipedia.

Remember guys, it's just a joke!

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Don_Henley

freyfanatic
04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
lol funny :D

glenneaglesfan
04-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Very funny! (Nice picture, too!)

DonFan
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
HA.
I wonder who wrote this---because the entire thing seems to have been written with quite a Stevie-Nicksian slant to it.

Any ideas, Nancy? :twisted:

sodascouts
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, it wasn't me! I swear! Well, I did make a few MINOR edits. But the vast majority of it, including the Nicks stuff, was not my idea!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Gosh - that was way funny! :wink:

Maleah
04-07-2007, 09:26 PM
:laugh: :laugh: too funny. I noticed the Stevie slant as well :P

DonFan
04-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey, it wasn't me! I swear! Well, I did make a few MINOR edits. But the vast majority of it, including the Nicks stuff, was not my idea!

And exactly how do you define "minor edits"? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Hey, very funny and good for a laugh! :rofl: I noticed the Stevie references as well. Also read the Glenn :heart: entry, now I'm getting worried, have just bought a guitar for the 5 year old, she'll turn 6 next week, and as Tim plays Guitar, she wants one too! Does that mean she'll have the lads chasing her? Won't comment on Don, but I know which category I'd be putting Glenn :heart: .. into on Stevies Tour, and it wouldn't feel like a demotion to him!.... I wish...

sodascouts
04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Stevie and Glenn on the same tour? I don't know if I could take it! lol

sodascouts
08-23-2009, 09:53 PM
You know, talking about wikipedia reminded me of its parody, Uncyclopedia (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page), and the entry on Don I found a while back. As you can see from prior posts in this thread, a lot of folks thought I wrote it... and since it wasn't really very clever (although definitely funny in parts), that kind of bothered me, I must admit! lol

So, I decided, in the tradition of my Uncyclopedia roast of Glenn Frey (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Glenn_Frey), to rework the Don Henley article (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Henley) (although I did try to incorporate as much as the old one as possible - for instance, I didn't write the opening paragraph).

Like Wikipedia, this is user-edited, so if anyone would like to add anything... have at it! I figure we true fans can do a much better job than a Stevie fan who decided to make an entry on him just to talk about Stevie some more! I encourage folks to give it a shot.

(And of course this is all done in good humor, as the Glenn one was.)

Ive always been a dreamer
08-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Great job Soda!

AmarilloByMorning
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
"(Who could predict that years later, he would become an expert at blowing hot air and tooting his own horn)" LOVE IT!

...I'm actually a fan of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and loathed Fountainhead but have not yet ingested Pre Tentious' classic... oh, wait! I just provided direct evidence to the contrary! Dagnabbit.

"Future plans include sending a Legal Notice to the Eagles Preservation Society, the organizers of the Henley Royal Regatta, the mayor of Henley-on-Thames, any company that manufactures henley shirts, and anyone named Don Henley for violation of trademark." :hilarious:!!!!! Fabulous!

Dang it, now I have to go read everyone else's!

Fantastic job. I love the Felder citation in particular ("The guy was loud.") and Henley's injuries from "shawl strangulation"...

sodascouts
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the compliments, Dreamer and ABM!

...I'm actually a fan of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

I figured a work that first appeared as a serial in The Egoist was a good choice here! And the content works pretty well too. ;)

loathed FountainheadAnyone who says he read this book and liked it desperately wants other people to believe he is an intellectual. There is no question about it. lol

Henley's injuries from "shawl strangulation"...Well, better that than being on the receiving end of a high kick done in platform boots with five-inch heels.

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/sn/images/SNicksKickBack.jpg

AmarilloByMorning
08-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Anyone who says he read this book and liked it desperately wants other people to believe he is an intellectual. There is no question about it. lol
Absolutely! And the fact that Robby Gould in Dirty Dancing considers it required reading does it no favors whatsoever.

Well, better that than being on the receiving end of a high kick done in platform boots with five-inch heels.
No kidding - those are some boots! Wow. She could've saved her tendons a lot of aches by just becoming a jockey. Pretty picture, though!

sodascouts
08-24-2009, 08:26 PM
A related article:

Thoreau Leaves Woods Behind (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/UnNews:Thoreau_leaves_woods_behind)

(Warning: some content is not kid-friendly).

TimothyBFan
08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Soda--that is great!!!!! Loved it! My favorite part is...

"Therefore, it was definitely time to make a new collection. The Very Best of Don Henley was released in 2009. He plans to follow it up with a collection entitled The Very Best of What Didn't Make It onto the Actual Very Best of Don Henley. A third collection, tentatively titled Don Henley Songs that May Not Be the Very Best But Are Still Pretty Good, is a possibility. Future plans include sending Legal Notices to the Eagles Preservation Society, the organizers of the Henley Royal Regatta, the mayor of Henley-on-Thames, every company that manufactures henley shirts, and everyone named Don Henley for violation of trademark.
An unhappy Don Henley is a BAD thing."

Good stuff!

sodascouts
08-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks! I also added a caption to the photo: "It is illegal to displease Don Henley."

I hope he doesn't sue Stevie for the shawl strangulation incident! I think they would admit they were both to blame for that one, though. ;)