PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

HiredHand
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello Everyone. Wow, I'm glad that I've finally found an Eagles message board. I have been a fan of these guys since I was about 10 or 11 years old. I can remember going over to my eldest sister's house, and she had such a substantial CD collection. My collection at the time was a mixture of Gospel, R&B, Bluegrass, and Country.

I can remember seeing an album with a pretty blue color tone. It had some sort of animal skull on the front of it. The top of the CD read "Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975". I was intrigued so I put the stereo headphones on and started to listen.

The moment I heard "I've been running down the road trying to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind". I was hooked.

For me, the Eagles music is both timeless and timely. I look forward to getting to know everyone better here on the board. By the way, my name is Ernie and it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Mrs Frey
01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Welcome to The Border, Ernie! What a lovely introduction you have given of yourself. We look forward to learning more about you too, and thank you for joining us!

Yes, "Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975" did it for me too back in 2004. My only regret is that I didn't discover the magic of these brilliant musicians long before that.

We hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border!

:yay::yay::yay:

TimothyBFan
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi Ernie!!! Welcome!!! Join right in!

HiredHand
01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much Mrs. Frey. It's good to know that this wonderful music can bring people together and have such a positive effect on us all. I was born in 1984, just a few years after the Eagles disbanded. Thankfully, I was able to enjoy Mr. Frey's and Mr. Henley's various solo projects.

I play guitar and sing. I would have to say that The Eagles more than anyone else, especially Glenn Frey have had the most influence on my voice.

Anyway, thank you so much for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

HiredHand
01-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi Ernie!!! Welcome!!! Join right in!

Thank you so much!! I certainly will.

EaglesFanatic
01-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome Ernie! Glad to have you onboard! :)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome, Ernie! Really glad to have you on board.

Mrs Frey
01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you very much Mrs. Frey. It's good to know that this wonderful music can bring people together and have such a positive effect on us all. I was born in 1984, just a few years after the Eagles disbanded. Thankfully, I was able to enjoy Mr. Frey's and Mr. Henley's various solo projects.

I play guitar and sing. I would have to say that The Eagles more than anyone else, especially Glenn Frey have had the most influence on my voice.

Anyway, thank you so much for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Hey, hey, hey, Ernie, I sing and play guitar too! :D If Glenn :heart: has had the most influence on your singing, I'd love to hear you sing! :wink:

I was born in 1976, the same year as when the "Hotel California" album was recorded. I missed out so much as I love the music of the '50s, '60s and '70s, and only got to hear and start appreciating it as a child.

Today I'm a part-time performer, and I sing all the wonderful music I grew up with and love. I feel very privileged to be able to live my dream. At the moment I have 3 Eagles/Glenn Frey songs I include in my show, and the audiences always enjoy the songs.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Welcome from me, too, Ernie. Glad you found us here on The Border. If you like talking about the Eagles, you are definitely in good company here. Hope you'll join right in and enjoy yourself here.

HiredHand
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey, hey, hey, Ernie, I sing and play guitar too! :D If Glenn :heart: has had the most influence on your singing, I'd love to hear you sing! :wink:

I was born in 1976, the same year as when the "Hotel California" album was recorded. I missed out so much as I love the music of the '50s, '60s and '70s, and only got to hear and start appreciating it as a child.

Today I'm a part-time performer, and I sing all the wonderful music I grew up with and love. I feel very privileged to be able to live my dream. At the moment I have 3 Eagles/Glenn Frey songs I include in my show, and the audiences always enjoy the songs.

That is awesome!! From 2007-2010, I sang and played in a group called "One More Time".. we sang gospel music, done country/bluegrass style. Since then I've been solo, singing mostly by myself and trying to get a record off the ground. I've written enough material for a record, hopefully I will be able to see everything come into place in 2012.

Yes, Mr. Frey has had a great influence on my voice. I won't say that I sing like him (because that would be an incorrect assessment) but I will say that his stylings have certainly been an influence.

I've recorded a few demos, if I get a chance, I will let you hear them.

sodascouts
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Ernie! Like Mrs F, I was born in the mid-70s and got on the train a little late, but I'm making up for lost time. ;) You're gonna fit right in to the Border gang. Welcome!

Prettymaid
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi Ernie! Anyone with that name has to be a good guy! (My dad's name is Ernie, too!)

Welcome to The Border! We actally have a thread for those here who have something to offer musically. It's right here...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2812&page=37

I'd love to hear your stuff!

Henley Honey
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Welcome Ernie! Be sure to check out all the old threads and catch up on 5 years of the Border. It's very interesting reading. I'm sure you'll love it!
As you'll notice we sometimes use the initials of our screen names in posts -- and since we're both HH it could get confusing, but should be interesting!
I'd love to hear some of your music. You can post it on the members sound bytes & vids thread under Cheap Talk and Wine section.

WalshFan88
01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome Ernie! :cheers:

I'm also play guitar and sing, I've been a professional guitarist for a few years now and I play a different style than yours (Classic Rock/Blues), but I love playing guitar. The reason I started was because of Joe Walsh (and to a degree, Don Felder) on the song "Hotel California". Joe is my hero and my big inspiration and I formed an Eagles tribute that lasted for about 3 years before everyone parted ways but it was a really fun gig to play the music you love and made you want to play in the first place. I've also been in a couple other bands and side projects and still gig off and on with different people.

I hope you will post some videos or soundclips in the above linked thread. :)

Welcome to the Border! :)

HiredHand
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks Everyone. I will post some of my stuff on the appropriate boards. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Brooke
01-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Welcome to The Border HH! Glad you found us! This is an excellent place to discuss all things Eagles!

There's lots to see here, so dive on in!

timfan
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Welcome Ernie! As had already been said I'm glad you've joined us :-)

Koala
01-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Welcome Ernie! :-)

HiredHand
01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Welcome Ernie! :-)

Thank you very much.

Mrs Frey
01-09-2012, 07:39 AM
That is awesome!! From 2007-2010, I sang and played in a group called "One More Time".. we sang gospel music, done country/bluegrass style. Since then I've been solo, singing mostly by myself and trying to get a record off the ground. I've written enough material for a record, hopefully I will be able to see everything come into place in 2012.

Yes, Mr. Frey has had a great influence on my voice. I won't say that I sing like him (because that would be an incorrect assessment) but I will say that his stylings have certainly been an influence.

I've recorded a few demos, if I get a chance, I will let you hear them.

Thanks, Ernie! You certainly sound accomplished, and I would love to hear your demos.

My friend James, who is also my musical partner, and I are also currently working on putting out albums of self-composed songs. We are hoping to put them out this year, but we'll have to see how things go.

I was a founder member of two different bands between 2003 and 2008, and started working with James in late 2009. We have since gone from strength to strength, and I'm hoping that we'll garner great success in the future.

HiredHand
01-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks, Ernie! You certainly sound accomplished, and I would love to hear your demos.

My friend James, who is also my musical partner, and I are also currently working on putting out albums of self-composed songs. We are hoping to put them out this year, but we'll have to see how things go.

I was a founder member of two different bands between 2003 and 2008, and started working with James in late 2009. We have since gone from strength to strength, and I'm hoping that we'll garner great success in the future.

Best to you Mrs. Frey. May you have success beyond your expectations and dreams. I have been trying to get a project off the ground for a while now. I am hoping that it will come to fruition in 2012. I've written enough material for a full album, but the expenses can be very high. But, I have high hopes, we shall see.

Mrs Frey
01-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Best to you Mrs. Frey. May you have success beyond your expectations and dreams. I have been trying to get a project off the ground for a while now. I am hoping that it will come to fruition in 2012. I've written enough material for a full album, but the expenses can be very high. But, I have high hopes, we shall see.

Thanks, Ernie! I appreciate that.

I know what you mean about album expenses. It can be very daunting for anybody. Well, I wish you the same as you wished me - abundant success! I hope 2012 will be your year.

HiredHand
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks, Ernie! I appreciate that.

I know what you mean about album expenses. It can be very daunting for anybody. Well, I wish you the same as you wished me - abundant success! I hope 2012 will be your year.

Thank you very much!!

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Belated welcome from me too HH. Hope you enjoy posting here.

MF, I'm thrilled to hear you are hoping to put out a CD with James, and that your musical career is going from strength to strength. Let me know when the albums are released and please put my name on one, :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
01-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Thank you, GA! :hug: I will do!

HiredHand
01-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Belated welcome from me too HH. Hope you enjoy posting here.

MF, I'm thrilled to hear you are hoping to put out a CD with James, and that your musical career is going from strength to strength. Let me know when the albums are released and please put my name on one, :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. I am really enjoying "The Border".