PDA

View Full Version : World Class Rockers

Redcloud
01-23-2012, 04:11 AM
I notice Randy isnt mentioned on the Website or the band World Class Rockers now. Presumably he's no longer involved with them. Does anyone know what he is up to these days and how his health is?

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
RC - haven't heard anything about Randy lately. He seems to be keeping a pretty low profile. As I said in another thread recently when this came up ... with regard to his health, hopefully, no news is good news.

Redcloud
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe he's too busy counting his money. :D

sodascouts
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
In 2004, it was announced that Randy's health problems had forced him to discontinue playing regularly in the World Class Rockers. They kept him on their site for a few years after that, so I had hoped he would rejoin them at some point.. but apparently not, as he's no longer even listed.

I really want to hear him play - he and Bernie are the only Eagles I've never seen solo - but that may never happen.

whitcap
01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Randy played with WCR on and off after 2004 until 2008. He's seems to have retired now. He hasn't performed at all since 2008, at least that I know of.

HiredHand
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Randy played with WCR on and off after 2004 until 2008. He's seems to have retired now. He hasn't performed at all since 2008, at least that I know of.

Such a shame. He is so talented. I love his tenor voice. His harmonies on One Of these Nights, is some of the best ever.

Scarlet Sun
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Such a shame. He is so talented. I love his tenor voice. His harmonies on One Of these Nights, is some of the best ever.
Yeah, he got WAY up there on that one

HiredHand
04-29-2013, 07:00 AM
He sure did! He definitely has that country/bluegrass tenor voice. Love it!

Grey Sadler
04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
He sure did! He definitely has that country/bluegrass tenor voice. Love it!

+1...very well fitting with the early albums :D

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah, he got WAY up there on that one

such a beautiful voice and soul. As a younger guy, he was so good to look at. Now, not so much :( MOst of the other guys have retained their hotness. Meisser not so much and I think he was THE hottest during the 70's

HiredHand
04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
+1...very well fitting with the early albums :D

Absolutely. I would love for the guys to do one final album that has the sound and style of the early albums (Eagles, Desperado, etc). Bring back Bernie and Randy for it too.

Freypower
04-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Absolutely. I would love for the guys to do one final album that has the sound and style of the early albums (Eagles, Desperado, etc). Bring back Bernie and Randy for it too.

For guest appearances, presumably, & only Bernie could do that. I think they are far beyond doing music like that any more. Their lives have moved on, music has moved on. People should be satisfied with the early albums & if they do release something new accept that it will reflect where the band is now.

HiredHand
05-01-2013, 07:02 AM
For guest appearances, presumably, & only Bernie could do that. I think they are far beyond doing music like that any more. Their lives have moved on, music has moved on. People should be satisfied with the early albums & if they do release something new accept that it will reflect where the band is now.

I love everything the Eagles have ever done. In fact for me, Long Road Out of Eden is probably the closest to their earlier material. I would love to have a new album from the guys period.