PDA

View Full Version : Eons.com

tbs fanatic
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I read about this recently in one of our Sunday papers. It is a site you can go to and they calculate how long you will live. You answer a few lifestyle questions and they give you an estimate on how long you will live. I came out with 83. Actually, I was amazed it was that good :D Neither of my parents lived to a very old age, I only go to the doctor when I'm half dead and tend to have a lot of stress. I thought they would say 60 something. So I was well pleased - Ha! They then, of course, give you a long list of things you can do to improve that number. I think the eons.com site is for 50 and older but they tell you where to go if you are 49 or younger. It's sort of crazy but it does make you think. Has anyone else done this?

DonFan
04-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I just did the survey and my expected age was 89. That is encouraging! My dad died at 81 and my grandmother at 92, so I am thankful that I have pretty good genes.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the tip, tbs. Just a caution - once you take the survey, you have to register with the site to get the results, so I wouldn't bother if you don't want to do that. :)

tbs fanatic
04-09-2007, 10:29 PM
That's true and it is aimed at the 50 and over crowd. However, if you are in that crowd (which I am) it is a fun site.