PDA

View Full Version : TJK highly recomended

thelongrun
02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I know I sound like a little kid with new toy but hey, Take my word!

Go to our new great friend Site
An Overdose Of Fingal Cocoa (http://overdoseoffingalcocoa.blogspot.com/)

http://overdoseoffingalcocoa.blogspo...rson-kaye.html (http://overdoseoffingalcocoa.blogspot.com/2012/01/thomas-jefferson-kaye.html)

There you will see the material of TJK and lots of other great Artists, specially non-commercial ones, I mean, no rookies either pop matrerial there.

AOOFC is a great Site and Admin there was the only guy in the global Web who could make me -us that gift of TJK Music, specially the Not Alone Album CHECK THAT ONE!

I am not doing nothing here but SHARE with you my Border friends, since I know your good taste Dont wait! My best.

Freypower
02-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, that's appreciated, but we have a topic for this:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1623

thelongrun
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Gee I feel like getting a Speed ticket in the Highway, sorry truly.

thelongrun
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TJK passed away in the end of 90's I believe. I only have seen 3 Albums from him, this was the last one. Folks, these guys were not Hired guns, they were friends. I hope you enjoy his Music as much as I do. Bye.

1. DIXIE FLYER. The opener of the Album. Timothy B. Schmitand Steve Miller on Background vocals. Bass by The Band’s Rick Danko. Here, the lead Guitar by Greg Douglass from Steve Miller Band, gives us the first little warning of some Eagles’ sound. A nice piece as a starter.

2. C'EST LA BONNE RUE. A TJK Song earlier recorded by Gene Clark. Reminds of the Lindsay Buckingham solo work. Timothy B. Schmidt backing vocals along with Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s Bob Carpenter and again Greg Douglass guitar reminds us the Eagles Guitar sound. A good piece.

3. VANESSA. Oh my when you just listen the first notes you can get away from it. A clear Eagles’ sound, like King of Hollywood with TBS voice. Great great Song. The chorus again by Timothy B. Schmidt, Carpenter and Steve Miller reminds a little of an Alan Parsons Song. The Guitar also by Douglass, kind of Eagled again, a very fine one. I only saw 2 things I didn’t like. The ending has not fade away enough, like a cut one. The other, the Song is too short, just 2:50 wich tells me it was edited because being my fav Song of the Album I can’t believe it is just bad luck. This Song by it self justifies the whole Album. Co-written I believe, with JamesTaylor’s brother Alex.

4. SHADES OF BLUE. A clear beginning of a classic Dan Fogelberg Guitar and Song. Along with Vanessa, the best of this material. The Doors’ Robby Krieger leads Guitar and Poco’s Charlie Harrison. Again, TJK reminds a lot of Timothy B. Schmidt in lead vocals, and we have Timothy on background vocals.

5. SHOOT OUT IN THE DESERT. Seems like a classic TBS Eagles era Song, in vocals and tempo, but then, reminds of us of David Crosby from CSNY voice and work. Poco’s Bass C. Harrison appears again. A great Song.

6. FACADE MIRADA (FACADE MIRAGE). Similar to Shoot Out in the Desert, but this one all the sudden sounds a little to... The Cars, yes. Poco’s Bass, TBS on Chorus and Danny Chauncey from .38 Special on lead Guitar. Another relaxing good Song.

7. FANTASY SEEKER. Rock and Roll. Listen to this: Joe Walsh on Guitar, Charlie Harrison on Bass, Dr, John on Piano and on Horns, the guys from Chicago. Shame on this one the ending comes too soon too. A super Song.

8. CRAZY LADIES. C. Harrison of Poco on Bass and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter of The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan on Guitar. Co-written with Gene Clark. Nice.

9. FORGIVE ME GIRL. Stars like a Piano classic Jackson Browne best era piece, with David Crosby and TBS on a blender voice. But then we have Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Charlie Harrison, TBS, Dr. John and this time, Rick Vito from - former Fleetwood Mac on Rhythm Guitar. This one can reminds me of some America, Firefall either CSNY Song. No need to say more.

10. LOOP GARU. A Dr. John Song, maybe the only cover in the Album. Great rhythm although being a Dr. John one (who here plays lead Guitar and Piano), reminds a lot of the best Steely Dan era. I don’t know the original but I bet this is better.

11. UP TO YOUR OLD TRICKS AGAIN. Ballad, just begins and reminds a little of Jimmy Buffet works, and as it grows it gets better. Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Charlie Harrison among others.

12. LIVIN' ON ROCK & ROLL. Co-written with Stephen Stills from CSNY. Rock and Roll obviously, begins and goes on with a Guitar wich for brings to mind the Running on Empty sound of J. Browne. Chicago Horns Section and a great lead Guitar along with Rick Vito’s rhythm Guitar makes this a happy Song. Only bad thing, the end comes too quick (2:52).

13. TOUGH ENOUGH. You could swear is a Classic Eric Clapton Song and that’s Ok since he plays Lead Guitar, with Bass by Rick Danko from The Band and keyboards with Dr. John and again Eagles’ TBS on backing vocals. Results in a Steely’s style. A good one too.

14/14. STONE BALL. The only Song from the Album, let’s say ….I am not crazy about. Is what I call a Happy Song, like Glenn Frey’s Sea Cruise? Reminded me of some Joe Walsh’s pieces too. However, here we hear Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, Danny Chauncey, Rick Danko and Bob Carpenter en chorus, so can´t be bad.

thelongrun
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I thought this was going to wake some interest guys, what a shame has not, but well, there it is. See ya'

sodascouts
03-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Aw, well sometimes things just don't catch on, JP. At least you tried!

thelongrun
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Aw, well sometimes things just don't catch on, JP. At least you tried!

That's right dear Soda! Maybe One of these Days:wave:

thelongrun
04-02-2012, 01:05 AM
here it is...

zeldabjr
04-02-2012, 02:28 AM
here it is...

who is TJK?:?

Victim of Love
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Thomas Jefferson Kaye ... and he was truly a wonderful performer. What a tremendous losss for the industry.

thelongrun
04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Here is the cover.