PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Tiffanny Twisted
06-06-2013, 06:31 AM
sc more prayers...Hang in there. one day at a time as joe says.

va congradulations ..great pic of bro and cousin. all looks so happy

gef so sorry for your troubles. a postive attitude is a good thing to have. vent if you need to ...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
oh SC...so sorry to hear about your Crohn's...

and GEF...can't imagine what you're going through

:hug::hug:..to both of you....we're here for you both!

and Congratulations on your brother's graduation VA...is he off to college in the fall?

Technical school. Something to do with being a heavy equipment operator. My nephew, who graduated last year, is off to college in the fall after taking a year off. Archeology. Not too surprised about that, it's been an interest for him since he was a young kid.

Brooke
06-06-2013, 09:39 AM
s-c, good luck with that. I've had my first one a couple years ago. I had to drink a gallon of stuff. Don't wanna ever do it again! :scowl:

gef, I'm so sorry to hear this and wish you all the luck in your new life. :hug:

VA, good luck to your brother and nephew!

cricrichan
06-06-2013, 10:08 AM
GEF - Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you :hug:

SC - So sorry to hear about your Chrohn's. Good luck for your colonoscopy ... everything will be alright. Lots of hugs :hug:

VA - Many congrats to your brother :thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks again for all your kind thoughts. It's good to feel free to post here again.
I've had another helpful session with my counsellor this morning.
Husband is moving the rest of his stuff from the garage tomorrow, so will be a sad and significant day. I'll clear out of his way and am meeting a friend for lunch.
I think I will be a new woman when this is all over.
On the brighter side, am posting some pics on the Eagles memorabilia thread of a spontaneous purchase of a guitar on ebay, which arrived today. Part of my new life will be learning to play it.

sad-cafe
06-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Congratulations to your brother, VA! That's a lovely pic.

SC, sorry to hear about the Crohn's, best of luck with the procedure and hope it's good news.

Brooke, I read a post from you earlier about there being so much bad stuff in this thread, and have to chip in with my own. Husband of 28 years left me last year and has hooked up with new girlfriend who is aged 23. Seems I wasn't young and fit enough for him any more. Have stayed in polite contact but two recent cheery texts from him about he and girlfriend enjoying places that hold significance for me have forced the issue. Saw my very sympathetic solicitor yesterday and have started divorce proceedings. Very sad, but full support from my two sons and all my friends.

oh I am so sorry

Brooke
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks again for all your kind thoughts. It's good to feel free to post here again.
Husband is moving the rest of his stuff from the garage tomorrow, so will be a sad and significant day. I'll clear out of his way and am meeting a friend for lunch.
On the brighter side, am posting some pics on the Eagles memorabilia thread of a spontaneous purchase of a guitar on ebay, which arrived today. Part of my new life will be learning to play it.

Good for you! :thumbsup:

Topkat
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM

Sounds like a good Eagles concert would cheer you up!!! Hope you are going to get to one on this tour!

Troubadour
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Good for you, Kate! It must be a tremendously difficult time, but it sounds like you are staying positive and thinking of all of the things you have the freedom to do now. We're all here for you and I'm so glad you are able to post again! :hug:

Prettymaid
06-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Hang in there, GEF. I guess we're going to stay positive and not talk about what a slimy thing that was for him to do. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-06-2013, 09:32 PM
For those that are FB friends, you'll get to see this again! I had to go get my hair done at lunch time and I was rushing to get home so I could get back to work. Volume up, After Hours playing, memories of live concerts dancing in my head. Then...a herd of goats go running across the road, coming out of a driveway I'd never noticed before! Yes, goats! At least 15 of them, followed by a woman who could barely walk. I slammed to a stop, of course and wondered if I should help. I've never herded goats before. Cows, yes, lots of cows. They ran down the road, a two lane road (we were less than a mile from my house.) Once the goats went into someone's yard, the woman turned and waved us on. The car in front of me moved on, but I saw the goats eyeing up the road again and elected to stay put. Then I realized they were going to cross the road again and I flashed my lights to oncoming cars would know to stop. The goats broke into a run and ran across the road, if the oncoming cars hadn't stopped, the timing would have had them nailing them all and probably me, too.

The goats ran up the driveway, the lady crossed the road and disappeared. If it weren't for all the droppings on the road, I'd have wondered if I'd imagined the whole thing.

Brooke
06-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Va, what a time! :hilarious:

sodascouts
06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Sorry I've been MIA lately and I plan to reply to everyone later. It's just that not only am I visiting family but my sister and her kids are here and it's keeping me busy, to say the least! In fact they're hollering for me to get downstairs now to go to Academy and get shoes for our beach trip tomorrow. Later, alligators!

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM
:rofl:

VA, I haven't been on FB yet, but I'm going to read it there, too so that I can have another good laugh! Oh, that was a good one...

Troubadour
06-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Have fun with your family, Soda!

VA, that is hilarious!

SallyGee
06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
VA that is not something you get to see everyday!
Soda, enjoy your family. Sounds like you are all having fun.

glenneaglesfan
06-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Soda, glad you're going to have some fun with your sister and family!

VA, very funny to read about the goats! I live in a small village in the country and often encounter wandering sheep, chickens, ducks etc, but not long ago had to stop the car as there were four little porkers running around on the road, and two men trying to catch them. Had to enjoy the scene, even if it made me late!

Had a long day yesterday. Went to Dartmouth, where my parents lived until my father died four years ago. Paid homage to him at the beautiful spot where we scattered his ashes at the mouth of the River Dart.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/P1000990.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/Glenneaglesfan/media/P1000990.jpg.html)

Went to have a look at the old house and bumped into the wonderful neighbour who looked out for them for their last few years, and had lovely chat with her.

Then met a good friend for lunch and mulled over recent events and had a walk around some beautiful gardens near where we live.

http://www.dartington.org/grounds-and-gardens

Came home to find the garage cleared, including a couple of things I'd asked him to leave, and all the tools taken. Hopefully, that will be the last contact now. Looking ahead to a future with my head held high again.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Gef....
Beautiful pictures. Glad u had a good day.
Hopefully you can associate your beautiful peaceful day as the first day of your new wonderful begining of your journey forward.
As bl would say "I wish you peace ......."
Blessings:angel:

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
oh GEF...such a beautiful place...glad you're doing ok...a strong beautiful woman...
Soda....have a great time with all your family...
VA...the goat story cracked me up...I remember waking up once when I was young and there was a herd of beef cattle wandering around on our lawn and all the neighbors' lawns...it was surreal to see a cow looking into your windows...like "whatcha doin?"

Brooke
06-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Gef, beautiful pictures! And keep a positive outlook. On to a better life!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Z, I had a bull looking in my front door once, scared me half to death! The goats, though, I was so lost in thought, then they were there, then the woman, then the goats turned and went back all on their own and disappeared with the woman from sight. Very surreal.

GEF, glad you had a good day and your picture and description are beautiful. It's situations like this where the cliche "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" came from. You get to start over and have a chance to be happy without the dead weight bringing you down.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 02:50 PM
GEF, I'm so glad you're back! Seems you were leaving here just as I was getting started. Oh, and keep posting pictures. They're wonderful!

Soda, I'm glad you're enjoying your family, and vice versa.

EagleLady
06-08-2013, 04:09 PM
On top of everything that's been going on, Our Central AC May be going on the fritz.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM
On top of everything that's been going on, Our Central AC May be going on the fritz.

EL, aren't you in FL? How did your family weather the storm?

EagleLady
06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
EL, aren't you in FL? How did your family weather the storm?

We're in The Panhandle, we didn't get any of it.

Witchy Woman
06-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Someone tried to break into our house last night. The damage was minimal, thankfully, because my dog went after them and must have done some damage to them, judging by the blood on the window sill and the broken glass outside. My baby boy is getting a steak dinner tonight !!

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh wow, how scary, WW! That would really unsettle me. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Good deal, EL. Hope you're able to get your AC fixed soon.

WW, that's scary! Call in the CSI team to swab that blood! Get a trail on the perp. ;-)
Hope none of it was your dog's!

SallyGee
06-08-2013, 05:18 PM
GEF sounds like you had a nice day. Just take it one day at a time.

Henley Honey
06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Someone tried to break into our house last night. The damage was minimal, thankfully, because my dog went after them and must have done some damage to them, judging by the blood on the window sill and the broken glass outside. My baby boy is getting a steak dinner tonight !!

I think he should get a great big old T-Bone every night for a week!
Very scary. I hope the SOB who tried to break in needed stitches if he was cut by the glass. If he was bitten, hopefully he'll get a raging and painful infection. Glad you're OK!!

SallyGee
06-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Wow glad you're OK. How scary. Dogs are great. When we had a fire in our house our dogs woke us up and we were out of the house before the smoke detectors went off. I believe those dogs saved our lives.

SallyGee
06-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Went to dinner at a restaurant in one of the towns badly damaged by Sandy. The owner grew up down the street from my husband. She had a restaurant right on the beach. It was knocked down by Sandy. It had a lovely view of the NYC skyline. It had an outside bar and outdoor seating. She has now opened a place in another part of town while she decides if she can rebuild where she was. She was very involved in helping the people in her town after the storm. She collected doors from people's homes that were destroyed and they are all throughout her new restaurant. They all have the addresses of the homes on them. Some are used as tables, and some are walls. She said it was to honor all the people affected by this terrible storm. Very touching. Please remember these people in your prayers. It is not over. So many people are still not home yet.

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 08:58 PM
What a great idea to honor those hit by Sandy! It must be very moving to see all of those doors.

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 10:04 PM

omg WW how scary...you were home at the time??...thank God for your dog...

Witchy Woman
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
omg WW how scary...you were home at the time??...thank God for your dog...

No, thankfully, we were not home. I'm just glad Ricky is ok and that nothing was taken. Thank you all for your well wishes. The one officer who came told me I should give him a steak dinner. He enjoyed it tonight.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5125/97504877278972326119729.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
06-08-2013, 10:43 PM
first YEah ricky great job and good boy:partytime:
second so glad you werent home ant that you are ok. so sorry that it happend to you but gotta love our fur children...they protect us .
three ..hh's is right steak fo that boy for a week .
sallygee..what a great story about the doors at your friends restraunt.
prayers and blessings that she gets settled soon and in the meantime I have such a great mental pictue of her new place..good karma.

Prayers sent for all who need it especially tonight
tt

zeldabjr
06-08-2013, 11:07 PM
awww Ricky is a good boy...

yeah I love the story about the doors SG...what a fantastic idea that is...I hope she can rebuild where she was...saying prayers every day...

Outlawman13
06-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Aww what a good dog!!! I'm so glad that Ricky hunted the bad guys down!! I'm sorry that someone broke inside your house WW.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Wow, close call, WW!! Glad it all turned out OK.

sad-cafe
06-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow, glad you are okay. Ricky is a gem.

We have two boxers, one is one year old and the other turns 3 next week. Until a couple weeks ago, the one year old still had to stay in her crate when we were gone because she still chewed up everything in sight but she has been doing better.

Hubby says that he thinks they are great listeners and would protect us from fire, break-ins and the like.

So glad your fur baby protected you and your house!

glenneaglesfan
06-09-2013, 07:08 PM
WW, so sorry to hear about the break in, but good for Ricky to scare them off. He deserves his steak big time.

SG, glad you had a good meal out and that restaurant owner has been inspirational in paying tribute to everyone hit by Sandy.

I am back home tonight having had health scare today. Developed chest pain at lunch time which didn't respond to antacids, and after half an hour had got into such a state convinced I was having heart attack that asked my son to call paramedics. They were brilliant. Initial ECG seemed fine, but they recommended a trip to A&E for further tests, so had trip in ambulance to the city hospital, with my son following. In full hyperventilating panic attack when I got there, which settled with breathing into a high tech paper bag! Had a dose of morphine which did settle pain eventually, and pleased to report that all tests normal and diagnosis was acute reaction to recent stress. Son Phil stayed with me for the whole five hours and deserves a medal.

Thanks so much for this community and the friendship and support you all give to everyone here.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Feel better and take it easy:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
GEF, I'm glad your scare wasn't something more serious. I hope you don't continue to have these severe panic attacks. I know you are stressed out, but try to picture yourself in a better situation once the divorce is final.

Brooke
06-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Gef, how scary! I'm so glad it turned out ok. Please take care and know you are with friends here.

SG, wonderful story about the doors in the restaurant.

WW, thank goodness for Ricky! Good boy!

EL, hope your ac is fixed soon! I'm sure you need it in Florida!

Grey Sadler
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
:hug: GEF
Cool, SG! :thumbsup:
Sending cool thoughts to EL!! :partytime:
and a GOOD BOY to Ricky!! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
06-09-2013, 11:03 PM
GEF...I had that same thing happen once...very scary...glad you're ok...:hug:

EL...didn't know you were in Florida...I thought we only had Mustangkim...so glad you're ok after the storms...sorry about your ac..that would be a crisis to me..lol...

Outlawman13
06-10-2013, 12:32 AM
GEF, I'm glad that your tests came out normal!!! What a scare for sure. You are always among friends over here!!!

EL, hope you get that ac fixed as soon as possible since it's so very humid in Florida!!!

I'm so very excited that I finally get to meet Nancy on Tuesday!!! I know it will be a very amazing time!!! Can't wait!!

Troubadour
06-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Sending hugs to you, Kate. Your body's reaction to the emotional stress that you are under is entirely natural and understandable (albeit scary.) I know what panic attacks and anxiety are like, and I really do empathise.

This won't solve everything, but try to just focus on you right now. Be good to yourself. Practise your breathing techniques. Apologies if I'm preaching to the choir, but the one golden rule to remember is that you will relax if you exhale for longer than you inhale. (It will also help you to sleep, too!) It might sound like a little thing, but it helps infinitely with anxiety - particularly if it becomes second nature to you. It has been a lifesaver for me. I wouldn't know how to cope with panic attacks/anxiety if I didn't know to count/control my breathing.

Keep facing forwards and talk to us whenever you need to. I have a feeling that guitar is going to become a big part of your life, too! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
GEF, I'm glad that your tests came out normal!!! What a scare for sure. You are always among friends over here!!!

EL, hope you get that ac fixed as soon as possible since it's so very humid in Florida!!!

I'm so very excited that I finally get to meet Nancy on Tuesday!!! I know it will be a very amazing time!!! Can't wait!!

OM13...very cool that you and Nancy are getting together...you will love her I'm sure...she is wonderful...what are you guys doing?

Troubadour
06-10-2013, 06:56 PM
A young guy (aged 20) was stabbed to death on my estate today - literally 100 yards from where I live. I was walking home and saw the numerous police cars and ambulances, and the red blankets over him on the ground. It's so sad and really unsettling. I guess we will find out more info as the days go on, but I can't believe it just happened in broad daylight, around 6pm this evening. If I'd been 40 minutes earlier, I would have possibly seen the event unfold. There must be witnesses... the area is always busy at that time, kids playing in the playground, teens and adults hanging around, people walking to the corner shop... I just feel really sad for him and his family. When it's that close to home, it hits you. They haven't confirmed it yet, but he could easily be a student at my university. There are lots of us who live in these flats because the uni is so close.

Henley Honey
06-10-2013, 06:59 PM
That's terrible Troub. Take extra safety precautions until they figure out what happened or catch whoever did it. Very frightening. Stay safe!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2013, 07:06 PM
GEF, glad your tests all came out OK. A panic attack is very real, but still better than some other things! I had them when my husband I separated, so personally I think they're triggered by more than just panic and stress as I've felt more panicked and stressed since then over various things. Plus, I get a similar 'attack' when you talk about symptoms when I see flashing blue lights in my mirrors with a siren. I'm no expert, but I think there's more to it than stress and it's your body's way of dealing with stuff. I'm sure he was a great guy when you met him and fell for him, but lately, not so much. When you feel stressed, just think about still being stuck with a man who would do the things he's done lately and feel some relief! Easier said than done, I know. I'm so glad your son stuck to you like glue.

Tomorrow morning is my my dad's surgery. He's to be there at 5:15 and the operation is scheduled for 7:30. I doubt I'll be there before he goes in since I'm about four hours away. They said that two of his arteries were able to have stents put in but the third is too small. Since they have to open him up and since stents are temporary, they'll bypass all three. I'm hoping the hospital has wifi, as I have to work :( I guess it's a good thing he'll be sleeping a lot at first.

sad-cafe
06-10-2013, 08:21 PM
VA, it is amazing the technology and advances they have made on Heart Surgeries. My step-father-in-law had quadruple surgery on 2/14 and was out of the hospital within a week and back to work by 6 weeks. I was so amazed.

Praying that your fathers surgery goes smoothly

Tiffanny Twisted
06-10-2013, 08:25 PM
va prayers and peace for you and your dad andy our family.
will be thnking positve thoughts ..please send me a text if you can and let me know how youare or if I can do anything for your besides PRAYER. CAuse I am already doing that.

TRUBa--so sorry that this happened where you live. I know it is very l know i is very unsettleing. I like what you said about breathing and I will try and remeber it. FOr me ...when I lay in bed at night...I start consentrationg on every part of my body starting with each one of my toes...working my way up..I never make it very far. FOr me its something I earned along time ago when I was pregnant and couldnt sleep. It helped me focus on my breathing by thinking of each part of my body and consentrating.on relazing said part of the body....
Prayers for all who need it always for borders and their loved ones:angel:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
ooh..for the record...my cakes were a hit.
we were so busy todya I think every one was so glad to have a sweet deversion.
problem is now they think I can bake..lol

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
ooh..for the record...my cakes were a hit.
we were so busy todya I think every one was so glad to have a sweet deversion.
problem is now they think I can bake..lol

Glad to hear they went over well!! Yes, now there are expectations of more. Good luck with that!!

SallyGee
06-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Troub so scary to have something like that happen so close to you. Please
be careful.
GEF you are dealing with so much right now. Better days are coming. Your son sounds wonderful. You do a good job with him.
VA Will keep your dad in my prayers.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Glad to hear they went over well!! Yes, now there are expectations of more. Good luck with that!!

Well I know what I am
bringing to the barbque next month lol
I always did store bought but this
was
fun since today was luke's moms bday. I wanted to do something special for her.

Ooh and some little guy swiped bacon off his dad's plate and by the time they realized...little piece was hanging from his lips and he was clapping

Prettymaid
06-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Sending out positive vibes to you and your dad, VA. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Troub, your post really shocked me. You never expect to see something like that so close to home. Like others here, I'm concerned about your safety. Do you carry mace or anything to protect yourself?

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 09:42 PM
EL - hope your a/c holds up. No a/c in FL would be like no a/c in TX - :scowl:

WW - so relieved that y'all are safe & minimal damage. Ricky - Super Hero! :yay:

SG - that is so cool what the restaurant owner has done. I would love to see pics of the doors. It is businesses like these that need our support. :thumbsup:

GEF - I'm so thankful you are home & everything turned out ok. What a wonderful son! It is times like these where faith, friends & family will bring you comfort. Anytime you need to talk or vent, just log in here. It seems that several of us have been thru similar situations & talking does help.
:hug:

OM13 - You & Nancy have fun & stay out of trouble - LOL!

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Troub - so sorry to hear about that young man -20 years old is so young - how sad. Prayers for his family. Please be careful & be aware of your surroundings. Maybe you should go to the uni with a friend for awhile. At least until you find out what happened.

VA - Prayers for your dad, you & your family. Be careful getting there in the morning.

Hugs & prayers for everyone here!

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Ooh and some little guy swiped bacon off his dad's plate and by the time they realized...little piece was hanging from his lips and he was clapping

Yay Luke is making his own food choices!!:hilarious:

WalshFan88
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
SG - Great!

WW - Very scary but great dog!!

TT - Funny about the bacon! :D

Troub - Wow.. how sad.

VA - Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

EL - Good luck with the A/C.

OM13 - Very cool!

--------

Something's still not right with this throat and ear of mine. I'm almost done with my antibiotics and yet I'm having trouble. I thought I was doing great til yesterday cuz my Vicodin ran out.. I didn't realize how much pain it had been taking care of. Swallowing is very painful - shoots right into my ear. And my throat is sore again... I go to my doctor Wednesday unless I end up going to ER tomorrow... They better figure it out. I don't know if I still have an infection or if it's something else they missed.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-10-2013, 10:27 PM
It doesn't sound like anything to fool around with, Austin.

Houston Baby
06-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Austin - you should make an appointment as soon as possible with an ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) doctor. As a musician, you do not want to delay this. Prayers sent. :hug:

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 11:48 PM
oh Austin...I feel so bad...maybe you've been on the wrong antibiotic all along...and need a different one...

WalshFan88
06-10-2013, 11:54 PM
oh Austin...I feel so bad...maybe you've been on the wrong antibiotic all along...and need a different one...

That may be. I was on 1000mg of Amoxicillin though, I'd sure would have thought it would have kicked it... I'm going to be asked to be referred to an ENT unless they offer. I used to see one years ago for eustachian tube problems.

zeldabjr
06-11-2013, 02:39 AM
VA...saying prayers for your Dad...

TT...so glad your cakes turned out well...yeah you can bake!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Thanks everyone:) luke is so funny I had to share.
Austin ...ent....u can be on ahigh dosage of meds and it can still be wrong.
Gotta go all have a great day

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2013, 06:47 AM
OK, so you miss a few days and this thread flies along.

I can't possible check back on everything I've missed so all I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with anyone experiencing difficulty at present.

GEF, I am so glad you are ok - it would have been awful if you cold not have gone to Turkey!

Troub! That was an awful wxperience. As HH says, take care of yourself!

Hugs all round!

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Thinking of VA today as her dad has surgery.

WF, take care of yourself.

Outlawman13
06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
:hug:VA.

Austin, hope all goes well with your health

VAisForEagleLovers
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers! Maybe I need some for me! Dad is out of surgery and not really awake yet. He's in ICU and I went in to see him and got really dizzy and nearly passed out! This is has never happened to me before and I'd like to get over it before he really wakes.

He came through the surgery well, the doctor said his heart looked very good, very healthy. He said he had no problems at all.

Troubadour
06-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Thinking of you, VA. Take care! :hug: I'm glad your dad is doing well.

I hope you find out what's going on, Austin, and that you feel better soon.

I'm still battling with tonsillitis and my wisdom teeth are hurting, so I'm not the happiest bunny at the moment... but I'm powering through until the end of the week. Just one more week on placement after this. Thanks for the concern about last night's incident. It was unsettling and sad to see. The victim has now been named - he was 28 and an electrical engineer. He was stabbed inside the flat and the paramedics took him outside to try to resuscitate him. From the few details they gave, it seems that it may have been a personal spat or a jealous lover kind of thing (pure conjecture, of course, but it sounds as if he knew the killer.) A 44 year old man has been arrested today on suspicion of the murder. As I walked to the bus at 7am, a police officer was standing there supervising as Highway Maintenance cleaned the pavement where the man died. The red blankets were still laying there. :sad:

Houston Baby
06-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers! Maybe I need some for me! Dad is out of surgery and not really awake yet. He's in ICU and I went in to see him and got really dizzy and nearly passed out! This is has never happened to me before and I'd like to get over it before he really wakes.

He came through the surgery well, the doctor said his heart looked very good, very healthy. He said he had no problems at all.

VA - prayers sent for you too! Had you eaten yet? Take care of yourself too! :hug:

Great news about your dad!

Houston Baby
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm still battling with tonsillitis and my wisdom teeth are hurting, so I'm not the happiest bunny at the moment... but I'm powering through until the end of the week. Just one more week on placement after this. Thanks for the concern about last night's incident. It was unsettling and sad to see. The victim has now been named - he was 28 and an electrical engineer. He was stabbed inside the flat and the paramedics took him outside to try to resuscitate him. From the few details they gave, it seems that it may have been a personal spat or a jealous lover kind of thing (pure conjecture, of course, but it sounds as if he knew the killer.) A 44 year old man has been arrested today on suspicion of the murder. As I walked to the bus at 7am, a police officer was standing there supervising as Highway Maintenance cleaned the pavement where the man died. The red blankets were still laying there. :sad:

Hope you feel better soon Troub!
And I do hope it turns out to be someone who knew the victim since to me, that is a little less unsettling. Though it is little comfort to the victim's family. Hope there is peace in your neighborhood soon.
Take care! :hug:

Brooke
06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Computer issues for me at work and have been super busy too and look at all I've missed!

VA, prayers for you and your Dad. It sounds like he did good. Take care of yourself too!

WF, prayers for you too and hoping you are well soon.

TT, good job with the cakes!

Troub, how scary! Be careful and get better too!

:grouphug: all around!

Topkat
06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
I am just catching up in here. A lot has been going on.

VA, glad your dad did well with his surgery. You must be very relieved. Maybe you were just stressed out & dehydrated. I get dizzy sometimes. When I went to the dr. he took my BP while sitting down, then again when I got up & it had dropped about 30 points, which can make you dizzy.

Austin, hope you feel better & get some answers.

Everyone seems to be going through things these days. Even if I don't address each of you, I am thinking of you all & wish you the best. Stay well everyone!

glenneaglesfan
06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
OK, so you miss a few days and this thread flies along.

I can't possible check back on everything I've missed so all I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with anyone experiencing difficulty at present.

GEF, I am so glad you are ok - it would have been awful if you cold not have gone to Turkey!

Troub! That was an awful wxperience. As HH says, take care of yourself!

Hugs all round!

Thanks Lisa, and my thoughts exactly about what's going on in everyone's lives.

Troub, what an awful thing to happen so close to you. Very scary. Keep safe. And thanks for your helpful thoughts re panic attacks.

VA, good to hear your dad's got through surgery, and thanks for your support.

WF, hope you get your throat and ear sorted.

OM13, have a blast with Nancy tonight and send her my best. We had such a good time meeting up in England in 2006!

Thanks to everyone here for your kind words re my health scare. I've been fine the last couple of days, and went back to my voluntary work this am. Just have to share a trying afternoon. Received a text from my credit card company to say contact them urgently, and learnt that some company I've dealt with has been hacked, and my card details prob available to fraudsters, so have blocked card.

Next, got two kits boxed up for vet, then went out to car and

found back tyre flat! Nice chap from breakdown company came and sorted it, and kits rebooked for tomorrow.

Had emailed errant husband to say don't use card, then got phone call tonight to say things breaking down with his new 23 yr old girlfriend. What a surprise. Having to be very strong right now, and have just ignored further text from him.

Definitely should write a book now!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-11-2013, 06:04 PM
gef hang in there girl be strong ...

SallyGee
06-11-2013, 06:34 PM
VA great news about your dad. Make sure you are eating and drinking enough.
Austin and Troub feel better.
TT Lucas is going to be a character
GEF sending you a big hug. I will say it again- Better days are coming!

Outlawman13
06-11-2013, 06:51 PM
OM13, have a blast with Nancy tonight and send her my best. We had such a good time meeting up in England in 2006!

OHHH I had such an amazing time with Nancy. We met up at Katy Mills Mall and hit it off so nicely. She is such an amazing, pretty lady!!! We had a lot to talk about and got some pictures!!!! We were cracking up way too much!!! I can't wait 'til I get to see her again!!!
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/crocs327/littlepic.jpg

GEF:hug: I'm sorry about your ex!!!! I know all will be better for you soon!!!

VA, I'm so glad that your dad is out of the hospital and doing well!!! I'm sorry about your experience!!! I hope all goes well for you girl.

TT, Lucas sounds too adorable!!!

Lou:hug:

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks Lisa, and my thoughts exactly about what's going on in everyone's lives.

Troub, what an awful thing to happen so close to you. Very scary. Keep safe. And thanks for your helpful thoughts re panic attacks.

VA, good to hear your dad's got through surgery, and thanks for your support.

WF, hope you get your throat and ear sorted.

Thanks to everyone here for your kind words re my health scare. I've been fine the last couple of days, and went back to my voluntary work this am. Just have to share a trying afternoon. Received a text from my credit card company to say contact them urgently, and learnt that some company I've dealt with has been hacked, and my card details prob available to fraudsters, so have blocked card.

Next, got two kits boxed up for vet, then went out to car and

found back tyre flat! Nice chap from breakdown company came and sorted it, and kits rebooked for tomorrow.

Had emailed errant husband to say don't use card, then got phone call tonight to say things breaking down with his new 23 yr old girlfriend. What a surprise. Having to be very strong right now, and have just ignored further text from him.

Definitely should write a book now!

GEF, we have had the exact same thing happen with our checking account card, and it really ended up being no big deal. Hope it's the same for you.

Is errant husband hinting that he would like to come back? That's a tough one. I'm sure you'll do what's best for you in the long run.

Where do you volunteer, GEF, and pardon my ignorance, but what's a kit?

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 07:33 PM
VA, I guess if you're going to pass out, a hospital is the best place to do it! Isn't it a weird feeling? I passed out once when I was around 14. I had been sick with the flu for a few days, was feeling better and took a shower. I guess the heat did me in. Mom heard me fall against the door. Fortunately, as soon as I hit the door I started coming back and was able to get up and open the door. Hopefully yours was just a fluke. Oh, and I'm glad to hear your dad has a good heart!

Troub, that is so sad about the young engineer. I hope they've found his killer. I'll bet you're ready for placement to be over. You've got a whole cheering section right here. Always remember that. I hope you feel better soon.

Prettymaid
06-11-2013, 07:36 PM
OM, what a cute picture. You are adorable, and Nancy...well, Nancy's lost a bunch of weight since I've seen her and she looks a-MAZ-ing!!!

zeldabjr
06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
VA..take care of yourself...so glad to hear your Dad made it through the surgery with flying colors...
Lou..glad to hear they have arrested someone...so sad..and senseless...hope you are feeling better soon...you are a trooper
GEF...wow...can't believe hubby...well yes I can...stay strong...scary about your card..I'm sure it'll be ok...and thank God for road assist people right?...I don't know how to change a tire...lol...

We need some good things happening to all of us soon! :hug: to everyone!

Grey Sadler
06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Everything happening this week...Yikes! This calls for a :grouphug:, y'all!!!!

TimothyBFan
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM
WOW--- My head is spinning reading all of this thread!!! :hug: to everyone here going thru so many different things. Life can sure throw a bunch of crap at us but it's good to know that others are thinking of you and sending their support during it.

I also heard bad news last night from my cousin. My 80 year old aunt took a fall yesterday afternoon and broke her hip. They were getting her ready for surgery so all the info was kind of sketchy at that point. I'm getting ready to call this morning and see how things are going. She's so headstrong, this could get ugly. I feel for every doctor, nurse, intern, tech, etc... that will have to deal with her the next few days. But hopefully she'll come through it fine and be as good as new soon.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Thanks, all! I didn't have any problems went I went back in later, as I said, and later in the evening when he was actually awake and trying to talk (and joke around) it was even better.

He's doing very well considering everything, and I've learned that when these things happen, especially to a major artery like one of them was, most people find out about the blockage after a heartattack. The heartattack does damage to the heart, and a blockage being there for so long causes damage to the heart. So he's really lucky to have no discernible damage to his heart.

The flip side of all this is the words 'considering everything'. In spite of what I wrote a week or so ago, he's been pretty good about watching his cholesterol level, and he's not diabetic. He's never smoked. Most of this is just age, bad genes, and not watching his cholesterol level years ago (I've read that damage to arteries by cholesterol even as a young adult can cause coronary artery disease later in life). I would say that anyone who is having problems being properly motivated to stop smoking or to watch their cholesterol at any age should spend some time with someone who is dealing with this surgery. In spite of the crab leg binge a week ago I've been pretty good about my own cholesterol, but I've determined I need to be a lot better, especially as I have the same bad genes.

Brooke
06-12-2013, 09:23 AM
VA, so glad to hear your Dad is doing well and you too!

TBF, so sorry about your aunt's fall, broken hip, and good luck to all helping her! I can relate!

Gef, good luck to you! Man, I'd never give that guy another chance, but you have to do what's best for you! Everyone makes mistakes, but sometimes they are very very hard to forgive.

OM, what a cute pic of you and our fearless leader! Glad you all had fun and thanks for sharing that! :thumbsup:

And yes, we need more good news in here!

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh my gosh. The laptop I bought in freaking November is now nonfunctioning too. I am reduced to an iPad. Unfreakingbelieveable.

Apparently, it is the same virus that destroyed my desktop.

BURN IN HELL HACKERS!! yea I agree burn in hell hackers and I hope they don't have a good day there :D

Troubadour
06-12-2013, 03:36 PM
I'll bet you're ready for placement to be over. You've got a whole cheering section right here. Always remember that. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much, Cathy. :hug:

Troubadour
06-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Willie, I hope your aunt is okay. I know how traumatic a fall can be at that age... my Grandad has been suffering ever since his fall before Christmas. You did make me laugh about the nurses/interns etc though! She sounds like a character. :D

OM, what a cute picture! I'm glad you guys had fun. I also want to say... Nancy, you look freaking amazing! All of your hard work has totally paid off. So inspiring. I can't wait to meet up with you again sometime (hopefully) soon!

Prettymaid
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm telling ya, between Nancy's inspiring weight loss and VA's post about high cholesterol, I'm motivated to be as healthy as I can be! Who needs pricey motivational DVDs? I've got you guys! Lol!

Prettymaid
06-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Willie, sorry to hear about your aunt's broken hip. I know what you're saying about her feistiness, though. I have an 85 year old aunt who lives next door to my mom and dad (we moved next to them when I was six), and she needs to go to the nursing home because she keeps falling, but the nursing home doesn't want to take her because the last time she was there she was a troublemaker! Didn't want to follow the rules! :-)

Tiffanny Twisted
06-12-2013, 06:04 PM
willie sorry bout your aunts hip. being feisty and a not follow the rules kinda gal has probably served her well..lol..why change now????:spin:

va glad to hear about dad and that you are holding up.:blueblob:

TimothyBFan
06-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys. They put 5 pins in her hip and said if it doesn't take, they'll have to do a full replacement. Not in any pain right now because they have her pretty doped up. My cousin called and said she had just kicked him out so don't go up there. :lol: I knew it!! She'll be there 4-5 days then home. Then we all need to pray for my Uncle who is going to have to live with her. Seriously, I love her but she is a stubborn one. I think that's a good thing because she isn't going to let this get her down.

Then my brother called this morning and told me my sister in law (a pediatric intensive care nurse for the last 20 years) was stuck with a dirty needle last night while taking care of a 6 month old who's mother is in jail for trying to suffocate her. Can you imagine? She'll now have to go through Hepatitis and HIV testing for the next 6 months. How scary is that?

My family never does things one at a time, we have to do it in groups so we're all running all over the place taking care of each other.

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm really struggling with life at the moment lots of inner demons and struggling with my sexuality (bisexual) finding it tough to accept and can't face telling family & mates its just so tough

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
TMTTL...we all have our own demons we try to deal with in life...you are not alone...:hug:

VA...glad to hear your Dad is doing well

Willie...so sorry to hear about your aunt...but yeah her feisty nature should be a blessing...unless she's one to try to do too much when she shouldn't...

Austin...did you see the doc today?...how are you feeling?

you too Lou...how are you feeling?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2013, 10:06 PM
TMTTL - Sorry to hear of your struggle.

TBF - Sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope the pins do it for her.

As for Dad, well, today was Confusion Day. Due to the anesthesia, he was confused all day. He would doze off and when he'd wake, he'd wonder where he was, why he was there, what happened to him. He couldn't understand why he couldn't go home and be in his own bed or sit in his own chair. I think I answered these questions for him at least 25 times today. It kind of caught me by surprise because not long after I got there this morning, he asked how the Pirates did last night, how the new pitcher did, how many innings he pitched (good thing I knew the answer to all that!). So he knew what day it was. Pretty sure that was the last time all day he knew. I hated leaving this evening, wondering who would answer his questions tonight. I really hope tomorrow is better.

Outlawman13
06-12-2013, 10:21 PM
VA, I hope all is better with your dad tomorrow!!!

Willie, so sorry about your aunt!!!! Prayers for you and your family as well:hug:

TITTL:hug:

Austin, hope everything is going better for you man

Lou, hope you are feeling better

glenneaglesfan
06-12-2013, 10:35 PM
GEF, we have had the exact same thing happen with our checking account card, and it really ended up being no big deal. Hope it's the same for you.

Is errant husband hinting that he would like to come back? That's a tough one. I'm sure you'll do what's best for you in the long run.

Where do you volunteer, GEF, and pardon my ignorance, but what's a kit?

PM, thanks again for your thoughts. No further contact from husband today, and I'm off on holiday to Turkey (away from the trouble spots) with my two sons tomorrow. We all need a break in the sun!

I am volunteering in a charity shop for our local hospice and love it, especially chatting to the customers and sorting through the books.

Kits refers to my two young kitty cats! They passed their first annual check with flying colours!

VA, I'm sure your dad will get over the post-op confusion. Good for you to know the baseball results!

TBF, Best of luck to your feisty aunt (and to your uncle and all the staff!)

OM12, that's a terrific pic of you and Nancy! I'm so glad you had a good time. Nancy is an inspirational and wonderful person, and I treasure my memories of meeting her all the way back in 2006!

WalshFan88
06-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Austin...did you see the doc today?...how are you feeling?

Yes I went. A very strong antibiotic and another 10 day wait, if it's not better I'll need to see an ENT and maybe an infectious disease specialist to see why my ear infection is antibiotic resistant and which ones would work. I got some more pain meds but they are very mild. :( I'm feeling ok but not really great. I wish she would have just started the antibiotic and got me into ENT cuz it always takes forever to get in anyway.

Outlawman13
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
OM12, that's a terrific pic of you and Nancy! I'm so glad you had a good time. Nancy is an inspirational and wonderful person, and I treasure my memories of meeting her all the way back in 2006!

Yes Nancy is a very wonderful and inspirational person. I think I found a very good friend to me!!! She is way too sweet!!! Aww I do hope you get to see her again.

Thanks everyone for those amazing comments on the photo.

I hope you have an amazing time in Turkey GEF!!! You should get away from it all!!! I'm glad that your ex hasn't contacted you yet.

Austin, I just hope everything will be okay in those 10 days.

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 10:56 PM
GEF...so happy you're going on vacation...can't wait to hear about it...and see some pics maybe?!!...Turkey sounds fascinating!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Yes I went. A very strong antibiotic and another 10 day wait, if it's not better I'll need to see an ENT and maybe an infectious disease specialist to see why my ear infection is antibiotic resistant and which ones would work. I got some more pain meds but they are very mild. :( I'm feeling ok but not really great. I wish she would have just started the antibiotic and got me into ENT cuz it always takes forever to get in anyway.

Austin, maybe if it's needed, your doctor will be able to get you into see an ENT immediately. They do that for emergency referrals. I hope it's not needed!

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 09:01 AM
GEF - have a wonderful time in Turkey with your sons. Leave your troubles behind & totally chill! I would definitely love to see some pics too!

TBF - prayers for your aunt & snl. It is going to be a long 6 months for your family but I will definitely keep her in my prayers for it to be a no problem.

TMTTL - I can't imagine what you are going thru right now, it must be tough. I will keep you in my prayers that everything works out and you find peace.

VA - continued prayers for your dad. Hope he has a better day!

Austin - take care! Do not hesitate to go to the ENT if you feel like your ear is not getting better.

OM13 - Great pic of you and Nancy! Looks like y'all were having a really fun time!!

:grouphug:

Houston Baby
06-13-2013, 09:04 AM
GS & EL - how are y'alls dads doing? I am still keeping them in my prayers for full recoveries.

Brooke
06-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Thoughts and prayers for everyone here going through rough times. Seems to be lots of that going around. Here's hoping all of you can find the strength you need to do what needs to be done.

TMTTL, special prayers for you. Hang in there and be strong and do what you know in your heart is right. Fight those demons! You can!

Gef, have a wonderful time in Turkey and please post pics! I love seeing the worlds wonders! My extended family seems to have been all over the world this past few months. Nieces in Australia and all over Europe, cousins on a Mediterranean cruise with stops in Italy, Croatia, India,Spain and Morocco, bnl/snl on missions in Guatemala, snl and niece in Florida! I'm living through them vicariously with their pictures!

Everyone-listen to some Eagles music! It will heal the soul!

:grouphug: to all!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Good news! Dad's confusion got much better yesterday afternoon and into evening. He was able to nap for long periods of time and remember why he was there once he woke. He had me rattled yesterday morning with the 'whose house is this' question, so I was definitely glad when things got better. He was able to walk around the block, so to speak, last evening before we left and already I can see a huge difference. A few weeks ago walking that much would have winded him, last night, even with a 'broken' breastbone and an 8-inch incision, it wasn't a problem for him at all.

Outlawman13
06-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm so glad that your dad's confusion is all gone and that he is almost healed up. So cool that he can walk again without anything bothering him. On the road to recovery.

Brooke
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
VA, great news that your Dad is doing much better! :yay: I know it's a relief for you too!

Houston Baby
06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Great news VA! So thankful! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-14-2013, 12:37 PM
VA, thank for keeping us up to date on your dad. Sounds like the procedure worked. Now, how are YOU doing?

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Just spoke to my mum on the phone. Maisie has gone missing. It was a split second and she must have bolted out of the door. I am devastated. Battled tears on the bus all the way home. She is my baby. At the moment, I just can't see how we'll get her back. :-(:-(

Houston Baby
06-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Just spoke to my mum on the phone. Maisie has gone missing. It was a split second and she must have bolted out of the door. I am devastated. Battled tears on the bus all the way home. She is my baby. At the moment, I just can't see how we'll get her back. :-(:-(

Oh Troub - I am so so sorry! I know you must be heartbroken especially since you are not home. I will keep Maisie in my prayers to make it back home quickly. Maybe she just decided to do a little exploring. Please keep us informed and take care of yourself. Think positive!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Oh no, Troub! How awful. Don't give up hope...cats can surprise you. Don't assume she'll come if called. When they're scared they don't do normal things.

Outlawman13
06-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm so sorry Lou!!! I just hope Maisie will find her way home. Sending my thoughts your way!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 01:55 PM
VA, thank for keeping us up to date on your dad. Sounds like the procedure worked. Now, how are YOU doing?

I'm doing OK. Work not going well. Will have to work most of the weekend and I'm wondering when the grass will mowed.

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
I can't believe I'm writing this... but Maisie is safe. I just got home to find a voicemail from my mum saying that she has never felt more stupid... but Maisie was in the flat all along. Mum had engineers in fixing the boiler and so the doors were opening and closing all day. When she couldn't find Maisie, even after calling and looking in her usual spots, she thought she must have bolted out of the door. About an hour later, she emerged from behind the TV cabinet. Mum couldn't believe it! She swears she looked EVERYWHERE. She also reckoned the steroid shot she had at the vet this morning might have knocked her out a bit, because it's unlike her not to come when called.

Okay... time to breathe. I'm so sorry to have worried everyone! That last hour on the bus was horrendous. I feel so drained now, but deliriously happy. I was honestly getting my head around the idea that I wouldn't see her again. I can't wait to get home in a couple of weeks and give her lots of cuddles.

Houston Baby
06-14-2013, 03:13 PM
I can't believe I'm writing this... but Maisie is safe. I just got home to find a voicemail from my mum saying that she has never felt more stupid... but Maisie was in the flat all along. Mum had engineers in fixing the boiler and so the doors were opening and closing all day. When she couldn't find Maisie, even after calling and looking in her usual spots, she thought she must have bolted out of the door. About an hour later, she emerged from behind the TV cabinet. Mum couldn't believe it! She swears she looked EVERYWHERE. She also reckoned the steroid shot she had at the vet this morning might have knocked her out a bit, because it's unlike her not to come when called.

Okay... time to breathe. I'm so sorry to have worried everyone! That last hour on the bus was horrendous. I feel so drained now, but deliriously happy. I was honestly getting my head around the idea that I wouldn't see her again. I can't wait to get home in a couple of weeks and give her lots of cuddles.

Yay!! Those prayers were answered quickly! Wonder if Maisie realizes what a tizzy she put everyone in! :grin: I'm so thankful she is ok!

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 03:17 PM
I know! I said to my mum "If only she knew what she's put us through!" I am so thankful she is safe at home. It might seem silly now, but that was a real scare. She still has this horrible sore on her neck/cheek, which is a worry (hence the steroid shot)... we still need to deal with this, but at least she is protected indoors. The thought of her outside with her weak immune system and the sores was extra worrying.

TimothyBFan
06-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh my gosh, Lou, my heart was just breaking for you when I read your first post. I am sooooo glad she is safe and sound. With all the activity, I bet she said I'll just go back here and stay for awhile. :hilarious: One of my 3 cats does that every time someone strange is in the house.

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Yep, I'm sure you're right, Willie! Thanks so much for being so sweet. I wanted to delete my first post but couldn't really due to the swift (and lovely) responses. Sorry again to anyone reading that first post before seeing the happy outcome.

In other news... I've actually had a really good day at school. I had an observation and a folder check and they both went really well. I feel much more relaxed ahead of the weekend and ahead of my final grading conference on Tuesday. The end is in sight! I have to say, it hasn't always been easy, but I'm going to miss the kids in my class like crazy.

zeldabjr
06-14-2013, 03:37 PM
oh Lou...just so happy Maisie is safe and sound...that's all that matters...
VA...glad your Dad is doing so well...wish your work was going as well...

Brooke
06-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Troub, I'm so glad Maisie is ok and safe! I actually saw your pics before I got to this thread so I knew when I read that evidently she was ok! Silly cat!

Glad everything else is going well for you too!

GlennLover
06-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Lou, so sorry to hear about Maisie! Don't lose hope Cat's have an uncanny ability to find their way home, even from great distances. I'll say a prayer that she returns home safe & sound.

VA, glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Anethetics can have quite an effect, especially on older people.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-14-2013, 07:07 PM
glad maise is safe and sound.:)

va glad dad is doing better:) sorry you have to work this weekend:-(

well for Mr Lucas is still IN THE hospital but the 24 hour fast is over.(thank god)
She is waiting for the doctors to talk to her about the baby now.Hoping he gets released late tonight or tomorrow morning.

In the meantime...she sent the funniest pictue/ video of him banging his water bottle(no formula allowed) across the bars of the crib hospital bed. It was histerical as if he was saying .." Auntie Celle come break me outta here ....."
god I am so blessed he is in my life...I love that baby so very much...
So prayers please still as we await the results of his testing and his condition that effects his blood and liver.

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Yay!! Those prayers were answered quickly! Wonder if Maisie realizes what a tizzy she put everyone in! :grin: I'm so thankful she is ok! that's great news its nice to hear good stuff happening :)

Prettymaid
06-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Troub, I'm just now reading the entire episode and I'm so relieved Maisie's was in the house the whole time! I know exactly how you would feel if you lost her.
I'm also so proud of you for getting through this week! You're right - the end is in sight!

VA, sorry work is sucking right now. Hope you're able to come up for air soon.

Topkat
06-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Troub; so glad you found Maisie...My cat once hid in my wall unit & I closed the door, not knowing she was in there...hiding in the back...I went nuts looking for her the entire day.Then that evening, I opened the door to the unit & she jumped out...Guess she decided she was hungry after being in there for several hours.

Maisie probably got scared when the guys came to fix the boiler so she just hid behind the cabinet. So glad she didn't run outside!

VA, Glad to hear your dad is improving

TT, hope Lucas is okay.

No excitement today at the office, Nobody changing their pants in the window.

Hopefully I will be going to the beach tomorrow, That is if it's warm enough. We've had a terrible week, rainy, cold, & humid. Just glad it's Friday night!

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much for all of your comments re. Maisie. These kitties do like to keep us on our toes!

No excitement today at the office, Nobody changing their pants in the window.

LOL!

Prettymaid
06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
I will be going to my niece's wedding tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. She is my SIL's daughter - my brother married her mom when she was ten. A year earlier she was there when Hubby and I tied the knot in our living room. Now she's 22 and getting married herself! The wedding and reception are 1 1/2 hours from where we live. We are taking my mom and dad and spending the night there, since we anticipate it being a late evening. Since we will be coming home on Fathers Day, we're going to take my Dad out for breakfast at his favorite - Cracker Barrel!

Troubadour
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
How cool, PM! Have a lovely day. Wishing your niece all the best.

I got taken to a Cracker Barrel in Shawnee, OK when I was in the States! It was really sweet. I said at the time that my grandparents would have loved it. ;)

Tiffanny Twisted
06-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Tk lol no free peep show. Thank god for friday.
Have fun at the beach which one?

Pm have fun at the wedding

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 11:12 PM
TK, "no one changing their pants in the window"? I obviously missed something on here!!

TT, glad to hear that Lucas is making his wants and needs known!

PM, have fun at the wedding! The weather is to be nice here, hopefully it will be there as well.

Troub, so glad that Maisie has been 'found'. My roommate had the same thing happen and after rousing the whole neighborhood to look for Dude, she was found behind the refrigerator, hiding. (Yes, a female cat named Dude. It was supposed to be a temporary name).

I just got home from PA! Very happy to be home. They are probably going to let Dad out of the hospital tomorrow. I wish I could be there for Father's Day, but this grass obviously isn't going to cut itself.

WalshFan88
06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
PM - Have fun.

TK - LOLOLOL!

VA - Glad to hear your dad is doing better. :)

Troub - So glad you found her. My Copper cat likes to venture outside. Problem is is that he thinks all dogs are his friend, he loves dogs and if he got out he'd probably think a coyote was his friend. One of the negatives about living out in the country, but I guess in town you have to worry about the highways and traffic. Our Boxer dog is pretty good about corralling him back inside the house and chases him back inside. He knows he's not supposed to be outside and "helps us". :D

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I know! I said to my mum "If only she knew what she's put us through!" I am so thankful she is safe at home. It might seem silly now, but that was a real scare. She still has this horrible sore on her neck/cheek, which is a worry (hence the steroid shot)... we still need to deal with this, but at least she is protected indoors. The thought of her outside with her weak immune system and the sores was extra worrying.

Awww I know exactly what you were going through Lou. I remember one afternoon when Chris was just gone 2 he went missing. Hubby had lost his car keys and asked me to go inside and check my handbag in case they were there. I assumed he had taken over watching the kids playing but he had stayed looking for the keys. Only 2 mins later and Chris could not be found. We had a search party out for him and I didn't know whether to leave the house, stay there or what. Horrible images of what cold have happened were flying through my head.
Then my neighbour said 'have you tried your car.....?' And there he was, In the NEW car, with my lipstick open. he had lipsticked the dash, the seats and his face.... but I was just sooooo relieved to see him!!

PM, Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding.

And VA, great news that your Dad is doing so well. Hope the work situation improves.

Prettymaid
06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm home from the wedding. It was fun. You all will be proud to hear that at the reception I requested the DJ put on Best of My Love and the dance floor was filled, including Hubby and me and my 78 year old mom and 85 year old dad!

Granted, it's not the best song to be played at a wedding :hilarious:, but we just needed a slow song...and something that actually had singing in it!

Outlawman13
06-16-2013, 08:55 PM
That is too cool Cathy!!! I'm glad that you had fun at that wedding and reception. The Best Of My Love is such a gorgeous song though.

zeldabjr
06-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I just found out that my best friend's sister died last night...She lived in Ottawa Ontario...her husband was in Calgary training for a new job...so she was home with their son...not sure what happened...my friend is on her way up to Ottawa now...am so worried about her driving up there...please everyone say a prayer for my friend Donna and her family...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I just found out that my best friend's sister died last night...She lived in Ottawa Ontario...her husband was in Calgary training for a new job...so she was home with their son...not sure what happened...my friend is on her way up to Ottawa now...am so worried about her driving up there...please everyone say a prayer for my friend Donna and her family...

Will do...

Prettymaid
06-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry Brenda Jean. Thinking of your friend now...and you.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-16-2013, 09:54 PM
prayers bj for you and yours:thumbsup:

Grey Sadler
06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
:pray:

Topkat
06-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm so sorry Brenda. Prayers for her family & friends.

Houston Baby
06-16-2013, 10:13 PM
I will definitely keep her & her family in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

Topkat
06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
PM, Glad you had a nice time at the wedding....BOML is a great song for a wedding!

Outlawman13
06-16-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry about this Brenda!!! Prayers and thoughts for you guys over there:hug:

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-17-2013, 01:16 AM
I just found out that my best friend's sister died last night...She lived in Ottawa Ontario...her husband was in Calgary training for a new job...so she was home with their son...not sure what happened...my friend is on her way up to Ottawa now...am so worried about her driving up there...please everyone say a prayer for my friend Donna and her family.. aww sorry to hear that

GlennLover
06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
So sad. I'll pray for your friend & her family.

Brooke
06-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Zelda, thoughts and prayers for you and your friend's family.

Va, hope work is going better this week for you.

Pm, glad you had fun at the wedding and BOML would be great to hear after some of the stuff they play today!

Tk, no strip show today? Bummer! Maybe he'll show up later! :lol:

Not much happening around here! Back to work after a busy weekend as usual! Hubby grilled steaks for father's day (he loves doing it) and son, dnl, and Mom came for supper. A nice evening.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2013, 12:10 PM
OMG!!!!!!! I just got thrown for a complete loop. I have no idea what to do. This is an open board so I can't give details, but it's work related and I suppose it's a good thing. I can't even think at the moment. I'm not even sure I have a decision to make since my management team is barreling on ahead as though I've said 'yes'. This will solve a lot of problems and create a lot of others. Good grief. In spite of the fact I've stated I have no wish to move, I worry this will require me to move to Kentucky.

TimothyBFan
06-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Very sad, Zelda!!! Strength to her family.

VA--- My goodness, you sound pretty frazzled about whatever this news is. Good luck and hope it all works out ok for you.

Troubadour
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
How sad, Brenda. Thinking of your friend and her family.

VA - way to tease us! This sounds pretty exciting. I hope it all works out for the best.

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
OMG!!!!!!! I just got thrown for a complete loop. I have no idea what to do. This is an open board so I can't give details, but it's work related and I suppose it's a good thing. I can't even think at the moment. I'm not even sure I have a decision to make since my management team is barreling on ahead as though I've said 'yes'. This will solve a lot of problems and create a lot of others. Good grief. In spite of the fact I've stated I have no wish to move, I worry this will require me to move to Kentucky.

Ok VA - now you have us all wondering!! But whatever it is, I hope that it works out for the best for you!

We will be waiting.....

:headscratch:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Whether I tell them yes or no, I still need to be in Louisville for a while. I find it ironic that I'll be there before the Eagles concert and after the concert, yet not over the weekend for the concert.

Outlawman13
06-17-2013, 01:53 PM
VA-I just hope all will work out for you. I'm sorry this job decision has you thrown into a loop. I wish you the best.

Brooke
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
VA, good luck getting it all sorted out! I hope it's a good thing!

Houston Baby
06-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Whether I tell them yes or no, I still need to be in Louisville for a while. I find it ironic that I'll be there before the Eagles concert and after the concert, yet not over the weekend for the concert.

VA - that is just wrong!! :brickwall:

Outlawman13
06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
That just sucks!!! Way too wrong:brickwall:

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Way to tease us, VA! Can we guess? :wave: I'm guessing promotion!

Tiffanny Twisted
06-17-2013, 07:36 PM
If we r guessing.....I'm with pm ...thinking promotion.....:hilarious:

SallyGee
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
VA Take a deep breath and think it through. Best of luck to you.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Brenda, prayers for your friend and her family

VA, you certainly know how to keep a board in suspense. Hopefully it is good news and you will make the right call.

sodascouts
06-18-2013, 09:58 AM
So much is happening that I haven't been able to keep up with everyone, and for that, I'm sorry!

But I wanted to say goodbye for now - I leave for South Africa in about an hour. I'm meeting up with Mrs Frey (our member, not the real one lol) and SteveJoburg and his wife while I'm there, which will be fun! Most of the time I will be in Ladysmith sans internet access though, so I'll be missing you guys.

I'll take lots of photos!

I'll be back in time for Louisville, of course... I arrive back in Houston July 3, then in Memphis July 5, then driving the same day to Louisville.

Exciting times ahead!

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Have a safe & wonderful trip Nancy!!
Can't wait to hear all about it & see some pics!! Awesome that you are going to have some time for Border visits!! Too cool!

Take care!! :hug:

Brooke
06-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Soda, that's very cool that you are going to get to meet our Borderers! Have fun and be safe! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about your travels!

Troubadour
06-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Safe travels, Nancy. South Africa is an incredible country. I'm so glad you are getting to meet up with Monique! We'll miss you but I know you will have an amazing time.

I had my final conference today and it is official - I have passed my PGCE! It doesn't seem five minutes ago that I was sitting in that first lecture, wondering if I could cope with all of the work! It definitely feels worth it now. I am looking forward to a much-needed evening of relaxation and Bordering (if that's a word...) ;)

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh, you know we make up our own words here, Troub. ;-)
What great news! I'm sure it's a relief for you. So what does the rest of the week hold?

Soda, I'm going to miss you - not that you've been on a lot, but still...

Safe travels and have a wonderful time! Say hi to Mrs. Frey, Steve and the Mrs. for all of us! :wave:

Topkat
06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Have a wonderful trip Nancy & safe travels!! How great to see S. Africa. I hear it's wonderful. I dated a guy from there once. He spoke with the best accent!!!

All the best for a great & exciting adventure! Can't wait to hear about it!

Troubadour
06-18-2013, 12:55 PM
What great news! I'm sure it's a relief for you. So what does the rest of the week hold?

I'm at school until Friday so it's just a normal week - but the pressure is off now to an extent! I have a couple of final university sessions next week and after that I am free... apart from the job search. ;)

Brooke
06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Great news for you Troub! Congratulations! Time does fly by doesn't it? Relax and enjoy some free time until your impending job search! I think you deserve it!

My son and dnl texted me the ultrasound pic of my new grandbaby a bit ago! I told them it looked like my son! lol Due date is January 14th. Nearly put me in tears of happiness! :smile:

Henley Honey
06-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Good for you Troub. You've worked extremely hard so enjoy your down time while you can!!!

Brooke, I have a feeling you're going to go through several boxes of kleenex between now and January 14th!! Happy tears are the best!

Troubadour
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
How sweet, Brooke! I'm so happy for you!

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Congratulations Troub!
You have earned some play time! Enjoy!!!

Congratulations Brooke!
A baby in the family is always a joy!! And a grandbaby - you are going to have loads of fun spoiling him/her!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Way to tease us, VA! Can we guess? :wave: I'm guessing promotion!

My boss did turn in his resignation last Friday. He thinks I should take the job in his place. Officially, the job would require me to move out of the area. I need to go there next week for some meetings and we'll talk about possible work-arounds. I'm not willing to rent my house out and so it would need to sell, and given the short sells in this area in the last few months, I'm not sure it would sell quickly enough to suit their needs. Not to mention the fact that I do not wish to move out of the area and specifically not so far from my parents.

WalshFan88
06-18-2013, 05:12 PM
As I posted on Facebook a bit ago - I now have an answer to my sore throat and feeling horrible and what probably caused my eardrum to rupture.

Mononucleosis. Needless to say I'm not thrilled with the diagnosis (as there is no treatment) but at least I have one. I've got more Vicodin to take and will just have to wait it out.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Austin, as I replied on FB, I'm glad you have an explanation. Make sure you get plenty of rest and do what your doctor says precisely! October sounds far away, but you can't afford any relapses! You must be in tiptop shape for the Eagles concert! Seriously, though, I hope it gets better quickly.

Troub, congrats on getting through your final conference! Yay for you!!

Brooke, you must be completely thrilled about the grandson! Congratulations once again!

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2013, 06:18 PM
I had my final conference today and it is official - I have passed my PGCE! It doesn't seem five minutes ago that I was sitting in that first lecture, wondering if I could cope with all of the work! It definitely feels worth it now. I am looking forward to a much-needed evening of relaxation and Bordering (if that's a word...) ;)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Troub! I know how hard you have worked for the past year and I'm absolutely thrilled for you.
(What Troub DIDN'T say is that she got a grade only 2 points off 'outstanding'!) Richly deserved, and I hope you gat a fantastic job and are very happy as a teacher. Its great to see a dream come true!

Soda! Bon Voyage and have a wonderful time. Tell Monique and the Joburgs that we are all asking for them.

Brooke! I'm thrilled for your family, such a lovely event to look forward to.

Austin, get well soon!

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Austin - I'm glad you got a diagnosis. Now please get some rest and follow doctor's orders. Mono is nothing to fool around with & it usually takes plenty of rest in order to get over it. As VA said, you need to be in tiptop shape for the concert!

BTW - did you know in my day, mononucleosis was called the kissing disease? Who you been kissing? :wink:

Seriously, take care & feel better!!

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I know how hard you have worked for the past year and I'm absolutely thrilled for you.
(What Troub DIDN'T say is that she got a grade only 2 points off 'outstanding'!)

Can't say I'm surprised! ;-) Congratulations, indeed!

Brookie, I'm thrilled for you!

Dare I say it? :fear: With the exception of Austin, I think we've got a good news vibe going here, and Austin, I'm certain yours will take care of itself over time. Rest, young man!

SallyGee
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Congratulations Troub! Good for you!
Brooke, how exciting!
Austin, now that they know what it is, I hope you get some relief.
VA, do what is right for you.

Freypower
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Safe travels, Nancy. South Africa is an incredible country. I'm so glad you are getting to meet up with Monique! We'll miss you but I know you will have an amazing time.

Congratulations Lou! You deserve it!

Freypower
06-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Great news for you Troub! Congratulations! Time does fly by doesn't it? Relax and enjoy some free time until your impending job search! I think you deserve it!

My son and dnl texted me the ultrasound pic of my new grandbaby a bit ago! I told them it looked like my son! lol Due date is January 14th. Nearly put me in tears of happiness! :smile:

That's wonderful.

Outlawman13
06-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Nancy, safe travels girl and I know you will have an amazing time over there. Too cool that you are meeting up with fellow board members too. Yes take lots of pictures and we will be missing you!!!

Brooke, that's amazing that you are going to have a grandchild to spoil and love like one of your own. Congrates Brooke. I bet you were crying of happiness. Wow January 14th.

Lou, so cool that you passed your test for the teaching job. I know you will be an excellent teacher. You deserve it!!!

Austin, I hope you feel lots better soon.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Brooke and troub....congrats way to go yipee:thumbsup
Nancy safe and fun travels
Miss u already

Austin rest and feel better. Idont think antibiotics helps mono. Yes,in my day it was the kissing disease and I got it twice lol

Wow va.......lots to think over...I 'll say some extra prayers.do what's best for u
Silly question but why did your boss resign? Too
much for him?

Luke is doing well. We r awaiting his results. Kiara says he is motoring all over the place lol and doesn't want to be held.someones independence streak is shining through....

Hope all my border buddies are well....I am off tomorrow yippee . It just feels nice to have a day to catch up on things

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Wow va.......lots to think over...I 'll say some extra prayers.do what's best for u
Silly question but why did your boss resign? Too
much for him?

Yes! He didn't like the job and didn't feel he had the right personality to handle it. He thinks I do because I have tact. I had a good laugh over that.

Actually, he owns a food truck and it's been so successful that he wants to do that mostly full time.

Grey Sadler
06-18-2013, 10:45 PM
:grouphug: and :pray: and :thumbsup: for everyone!!!!

My dad will find out next Tuesday how his CAT scan came out...crossing fingers that it is something simple (and we don't have to go back down there just yet)...

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
:grouphug: and :pray: and :thumbsup: for everyone!!!!

My dad will find out next Tuesday how his CAT scan came out...crossing fingers that it is something simple (and we don't have to go back down there just yet)...

Hoping and praying for the best, GS! :pray:

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Absolutely, GS. Always sending good vibes your dad's way.

Grey Sadler
06-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Thank y'all...still hate being this far away, maybe when he comes to visit next month we can talk some more sense into them man...;)

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Continued prayers for your dad, GS. Take care of yourself too!

VA - How is your dad doing? You have had a couple of crazy weeks. Sending positive thoughts your way. I'm sure you will make the best decision for yourself regarding your job.

:hug: for everyone!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 11:38 PM
VA - How is your dad doing? You have had a couple of crazy weeks. Sending positive thoughts your way. I'm sure you will make the best decision for yourself regarding your job.

:hug: for everyone!

I talked to Debbie tonight (she saw my post about my job in a prayer circle we both belong to and worried it was bad news) and she said that Dad is a lot better. He spent most of the day outside today and is really enjoying being at home.

Outlawman13
06-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Amy, prayers and so many thoughts for you and your dad

:hug:VA. I hope all will work out for you. And hope you are still feeling well

Houston Baby
06-19-2013, 12:25 AM
I talked to Debbie tonight (she saw my post about my job in a prayer circle we both belong to and worried it was bad news) and she said that Dad is a lot better. He spent most of the day outside today and is really enjoying being at home.

That's great news about your dad! Being home is usually the best medicine, right after prayer! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Sending best wishes to your Dad Amy, and VA, delighted your Dad is doing so well.

VA, think carefully about everything before you make any rash decisions.

TT, enjoy your day off!

My 'baby' graduates primary school tonight. It seems like no time since we were with her in her little green and grey uniform on her first day! And then she looked like a baby dressed in adult clothes.

Time for the Kleenex.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-19-2013, 09:12 AM
GA congulations and thanks.....haven't had my bonus day off in a while lol

VA....glad dad is enjoying being home and continuing to recover.must be a load off of your mind .
The job issue is a great a thing but sounds like you have a lot of things to look at to help you with your decision. Continued prayers to u to help you:pray:
i do agree with your boss though . You do have tact and bring out the best in people. he obviously knows talent when he sees it .

GS continued prayers for you and your dad as well:angel:

Hope everyone has a great day. Around here there will be no rain today yippee

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 09:18 AM
TT, enjoy your day off. I'm off too! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day with sunny skies, temps in the upper 70's and low humidity.

GA, you must be so proud! Enjoy the evening.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Austin - I'm glad you got a diagnosis. Now please get some rest and follow doctor's orders. Mono is nothing to fool around with & it usually takes plenty of rest in order to get over it. As VA said, you need to be in tiptop shape for the concert!

BTW - did you know in my day, mononucleosis was called the kissing disease? Who you been kissing? :wink:

Seriously, take care & feel better!!

Thanks!

And sadly - no one. :rofl:

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
TT - Enjoy your day!

VA - Glad to hear your dad is doing better... Good luck with the job decision! :)

GS - Sending prayers/thoughts your way. I hope all goes well.

GA and Brooke - Congrats!

Brooke
06-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks everyone! Can't wait for the spoiling to begin!

VA, sounds like you have lots to think about. And I'm so happy your dad is doing so well! Great news!

GS, more thoughts and prayers for your dad too!

Ga, congrats to your 'baby' and have fun tonight! Another milestone....time flies so fast!

Troubadour
06-19-2013, 01:19 PM
You must be really proud, Lis. Enjoy the evening!

I have just found out that my Grandma has the onset of Alzheimers. Some of you may know that we have been concerned about her for a while now, but she went to her specialist today and was told the news. She says that she is fine but I am worried about her because Alzheimers is what she feared. We thought her memory loss may be due to stress, but obviously that wasn't the cause. On the positive side, her score in the memory test was the same as it was seven months ago. Also, the doctor says he can put her on a drug to slow down the progress of the disease. He just needs to get her blood pressure/pulse higher before he prescribes them. Feeling a bit upset at the moment, but trying to stay positive.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your grandma. :hug: It's sad to see people we love deteriorate because of old age. My mom fears Alzheimer's, too. She has seen my dad's brother and her own sister suffer with it.

Even at the bank where I work, we have several customers who we have watched go from happy and clearheaded to puzzled and confused. One man now comes in almost daily to withdraw from his account, until we finally have to tell him that his funds are depleted, and then he still comes in to get money. He just can't remember anymore. And he doesn't know how to ask for a certain amount either. He just asks us what we think he should get. It's a very delicate situation, because we, of course, should not be deciding how much he withdraws from his account. Usually he'll finally say, "Just give me what you gave me last time." I feel so bad for him. People like this need a Power of Attorney so that the account can be changed to prevent them from spending/losing all of their money. :-(

Lou, I hope that your grandma remains stable and that the medicine can help her.

Troubadour
06-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you so much, Cathy. Your story about the gentleman at the bank is so sad. It breaks my heart to think of elderly people alone and struggling. It worries me that they are so easily taken advantage of... thank goodness my grandparents have lots of loving family members around them, but I hate to think of those who don't.

Houston Baby
06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Troub - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep her in my prayers. It does sound like her doctor is on top of things and I do pray that the medicine keeps her stable. It is amazing how medicine for Alzheimer's has progressed.

Brooke
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Louise, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it must be very upsetting to her and all of your family. I hope it doesn't progress too rapidly.

Pm, your story reminds me of things that happen at my utility company. Just recently an elderly gentleman that had always paid his bill on time suddenly became delinquent and decided he didn't owe anything. He is also very hard of hearing so that made it nearly impossible to discuss anything with him. We had to resort to writing down what we wanted to say, but he didn't agree with anything. We had to contact a friend of his and he helped him take care of it for a couple months and finally his daughter, who doesn't live close by, has taken over for him. He's now in a nursing home. It's really sad to see them deteriorate so quickly. We've seen things like this a lot over the years. I've been here over 22 years so you can imagine!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Troub, I'm very sorry to hear this. Glad to hear that things seem to be stable at the moment.

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Troub - very sorry to hear that.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Troub hang in there.positive people around her is a big help.
More prayers to u and yours. Tt

sad-cafe
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
aw Troub I am so sorry

Outlawman13
06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this Lou!!!! My prayers for your grandma!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, my boss just announced that my title has been changed to 'Interim Director of IT' and that's it's my decision on whether the 'interim' goes away. My stomach is jumping up and down.

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 09:08 AM
You're not showing your hand much on this, VA. I can't tell if you want it or not, so I just wish you the best! I'm sure you will make the right decision.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I haven't been showing my hand because I don't know if I want it or not!! I do want the job even though the stress and pressure will be tremendous, and another downside is that it will mean a lot less time here on The Border. I really think I'll find out next week that the job will require me to move to Kentucky and I really don't want to do that. So...that's why I'm not over the moon about it.

GlennLover
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Troub, so sorry about your grandmother. That is difficult news to accept. At least they are able to give her medication to slow the progression of the disease.

VA, pray about your decision. God will tell you what to do.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 10:34 AM
VA, pray about your decision. God will tell you what to do.

I have been! I think until I find out more details next week, the answer is 'wait'.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Lou-- I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. That is a hard pill to swallow. They've come a very long way in treating this and right now it does sound like her progression is slow. Let's hope for the best for her and all of your family!! :grouphug:

Even at the bank where I work, we have several customers who we have watched go from happy and clearheaded to puzzled and confused. One man now comes in almost daily to withdraw from his account, until we finally have to tell him that his funds are depleted, and then he still comes in to get money. He just can't remember anymore. And he doesn't know how to ask for a certain amount either. He just asks us what we think he should get. It's a very delicate situation, because we, of course, should not be deciding how much he withdraws from his account. Usually he'll finally say, "Just give me what you gave me last time." I feel so bad for him. People like this need a Power of Attorney so that the account can be changed to prevent them from spending/losing all of their money. :-(

This story reminds me of my SIL's father. My SIL and her sister both take care of his pills and check on him every day. They noticed he was gone often so decided to check into where he is. My SIL discovered that he's been hitting the bank every day and spending, spending, spending. I wonder if money is one of the things they feel they can still control or something.

VA-- Good luck with your decision. Sounds like you have a lot of thinking to do before making your final decision.

Troubadour
06-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Thank you all for the support.

VA, the best of luck with whatever you decide. It certainly says a lot about you that you are being put in this position. Congratulations (whether you take the job or not!)

Brooke
06-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes, VA, good luck deciding what to do. And congrats to you for obviously a job so well done that they feel you can do this! I've always been told 'if in doubt, don't do anything.' It'll come to you what is best. God will show you, somehow.

Freypower
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
I haven't been showing my hand because I don't know if I want it or not!! I do want the job even though the stress and pressure will be tremendous, and another downside is that it will mean a lot less time here on The Border. I really think I'll find out next week that the job will require me to move to Kentucky and I really don't want to do that. So...that's why I'm not over the moon about it.

From what I have learned about you, you will have no problem with it. I don't mean to put even more pressure on you! I just think you will handle it.

Freypower
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
You must be really proud, Lis. Enjoy the evening!

I have just found out that my Grandma has the onset of Alzheimers. Some of you may know that we have been concerned about her for a while now, but she went to her specialist today and was told the news. She says that she is fine but I am worried about her because Alzheimers is what she feared. We thought her memory loss may be due to stress, but obviously that wasn't the cause. On the positive side, her score in the memory test was the same as it was seven months ago. Also, the doctor says he can put her on a drug to slow down the progress of the disease. He just needs to get her blood pressure/pulse higher before he prescribes them. Feeling a bit upset at the moment, but trying to stay positive.

Very sad news. I'm sorry to hear it.

Witchy Woman
06-20-2013, 08:38 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your positivity will do wonders not only for yourself, but for her as well.

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 08:54 PM
WW, I've got to tell you, I love your avatar so much, and whenever I read one of your posts I imagine you sitting in that exact position! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Yes, VA, good luck deciding what to do. And congrats to you for obviously a job so well done that they feel you can do this! I've always been told 'if in doubt, don't do anything.' It'll come to you what is best. God will show you, somehow.

Actually, I woke up in the middle of the night Sunday night, and I think I dreamed about finances because I was in a bit of a panic and thinking about money. It just seems like I can never get ahead, and so I prayed about it then (so I could get back to sleep, of course!), asked for a solution and some direction. Then Monday morning I got the phone call from my boss. It seems obvious to me, but I still want to hear all my options next week.

EagleLady
06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Good news, My Dad is home now and he is doing much better. Will be going back to work Monday

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Good news, My Dad is home now and he is doing much better. Will be going back to work Monday

EL, this is good news!! We've been wondering...

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah EL, that's great! So he had his gall bladder removed?

Outlawman13
06-20-2013, 10:30 PM
May you have the best of luck whatever you do VA!!! You deserve it!!!

Yay for your dad EL!!! I'm glad that your dad is doing better.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah va.either way its a great accomplishment

Witchy Woman
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
WW, I've got to tell you, I love your avatar so much, and whenever I read one of your posts I imagine you sitting in that exact position! :hilarious:

LOL PM !!

Kinda like I'm telling a story !!

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
LOL PM !!

Kinda like I'm telling a story !!

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Exactly! Or giving really good advice!

Brooke
06-21-2013, 09:44 AM
EL, great news!

Molly
06-21-2013, 04:27 PM
So much going on...

Positive thoughts to everyone dealing with health issues of their own or loved ones.

VA-good luck with this decision.

Brooke...oh, you just wait!!! Grandbabies are the best thing ever! I'll tell you what someone told me when we found out Owen was coming...stock up on the Mountain Dew and Pixie Sticks!! Sugar em up and send em home!

Lou-I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My mother is nearing the end stages of Alzheimer's. It's been about an 8 year adventure with this. Take every opportunity you have now to interact with her. If you want someone to talk to about this, pm me...I'll certainly help any way I can even if you just want to vent.

Troubadour
06-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Thank you, Molly - I appreciate it. I'm sorry about your mother. It must be so hard.

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Molly, great to hear from you again, Hugs :hug: for you and your mother.

Lou! I hope your grandmother only progresses slowly and will be well and happy for a long time yet.

EL, delighted to hear the positive news about your Dad.

Prettymaid
06-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Molly, how are you? Good to hear from you again!

sad-cafe
06-22-2013, 12:08 AM
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/People-in-Wichita-Frustrated-With-Continued-DMV-Problems-212566721.html

this was my day

Outlawman13
06-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Sheryl so good to hear from you again!!! So sorry to hear about your mother!!! How are things going with you lately?

Prettymaid
06-22-2013, 09:06 AM
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/People-in-Wichita-Frustrated-With-Continued-DMV-Problems-212566721.html

this was my day

You were on the news, SC? Cool!!! (Not about the DMV computer problems but that we get to see you!)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Wow, SC, that looked like a picture of the VA DMV about 20 years ago. They eventually opened up kiosks in malls and places like that to handle limited things, they opened up more offices, they did upgrade the computer system several times, and now most things can be done online, and if you do things like that online, like registration renewal, it's cheaper. When I sold my truck and had to go in to turn in the plates (it was the beginning of a three year registration, so the refund was significant), I was in there less than fifteen minutes. So obviously, this can be done better! Keep complaining until they fix it!

Cool to see you on TV.

sad-cafe
06-22-2013, 11:29 AM
they interviewed me for over 5 minutes.

I was so nervous, was hoping that I didn't look like a fool.

This was for my drivers license. We do tags online but you can't do the DL online. It is actually not due until Nov, but since it was summer and our CCW came in I decided to do my DL at the same time. Didn't know it would take 6 hours.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I was able to do my DL online last time, but I think I'll need to go in next time. They are for 5 years, so needing a picture once every ten years is good, I guess.

Molly
06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Sheryl so good to hear from you again!!! So sorry to hear about your mother!!! How are things going with you lately?

Thanks for all the kind words!

Busy taking classes for my job and busy being a grandma, I guess.

Since my mother in law passed away in March, two of her siblings have passed away, so it's been a lot of funerals lately, unfortunately. Clearing out my MIL's house and getting it ready for sale is going very slooowwwly. Hubby and his sister can't seem to just let go of things.

Hubby has had a sudden loss of much of his hearing on one side, and the doctors can't seem to figure out why except to say it's "sensoneural" which means it's not coming back. So, now I really can't tell if he can't hear me or if he's just ignoring me. :eyebrow:

Other than that, just keepin' on keepin' on!

Outlawman13
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Sheryl, I'm sorry things are so stressful in your life and about all of the funerals. It's a good thing you are selling your mother in law's house. Your husband needs to let go sometime soon. I hope your husband isn't faking the hearing loss. It would be stupid of him to do so. I hope you keep it on for sure!!!

Pam, so cool to see you on the news!!! It is very scary to be put on the spot like that for sure. LOL but you did fine.

sad-cafe
06-22-2013, 08:17 PM
sorry about losing so much family.

Outlaw, I was so scared. Hubby said I was shaking after I got done and was sitting down.

Houston Baby
06-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Molly - so sorry to hear of your many losses. I have always heard that losses comes in 3s so I pray that this is it for you. And I understand how hard it can be going thru a loved one's belongings for your hubby & SNL. It was slow going for me with my mom's stuff. As it goes on, they will realize we can' t keep it all. Hopefully the house will sell quickly. Take care!

Houston Baby
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
SC - too cool!! You did a great job! :thumbsup:

I, on the other hand would have run for the hills if I had seen a tv camera coming! :hilarious:

sad-cafe
06-22-2013, 08:37 PM
SC - too cool!! You did a great job! :thumbsup:

I, on the other hand would have run for the hills if I had seen a tv camera coming! :hilarious:

oh I was SO angry that I was happy to give an interview, then I got nervous once he actually started filming :)

it is done now for another 6 years for my DL and 4 years for my husband and I's CCW

Houston Baby
06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Luke is doing well. We r awaiting his results. Kiara says he is motoring all over the place lol and doesn't want to be held.someones independence streak is shining through....

TT - have y'all heard anything on Master Lucas' tests? Continued prayers for the little speedster!