PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Freypower
07-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the well wishes about my uncle but I have an update. It was a golden staph infection. Apparently these have been common in the Hunter Valley recently so unfortunately there has to be a coronial inquest to see if the hospital (the one he was at in Scone, a small town, not the one in Newcastle where he died) bears any responsibility. He was very run down & depressed because his closest friend had also died recently & it appears that he didn't have much resistance at the end. So the funeral won't be for at least a week.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2012, 06:33 PM
FP, wow, those staph infections can be brutal. It will be interesting what the inquest comes up with. It's a shame that this won't get the 'closure' of a funeral for a while, though. Hang in there!

Brooke
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
One year ago today our son got married! We were reminiscing about it last night with them and I can't believe it's been a year already! Where does the time go?! And it was just as hot last year as it is now on this day!

I intended to post a pic of them, but don't think I ever did so....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Family/0337.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
07-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Aahhh, what an awesome looking couple!

Troubadour
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Awww, what a fabulous picture! They look like a great couple. Many congratulations to them!

sodascouts
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
What a lovely couple!

Brooke
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks! They are still quite enamored with each other and very sweet together!

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Your son and his wife look lovely Brooke! I'm so glad they're enjoying their life together.

Hang in there FP. These times are tough on everyone. :hug:

Freypower
07-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Beautiful photo, Brooke!

SallyGee
07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
What a beautiful couple! I wish them all the best.

TimothyBFan
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Julie--sorry to hear about your uncle. Thinking of you and your family.

Austin-- YIKES!! Good luck with all that.

Brooke- What a lovely couple. Loved her flowers! Beautiful colors.

Wanted to share a picture of one of my birthday gifts from one of my families I help care for. The family LOVE their rock n roll, the little boy is only 7 months old and usually shows up in rock band t shirts, etc. They know how much I love my music and who my faves are, etc... we've had several music related conversations. The father is quite an artist. Yesterday, this was delivered to me. I think it's wonderful!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Pagepainting2.jpg

This is it with the picture it was painted from.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Pagepainting.png

Brooke
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow, TBF! That's awesome! What a talent!

Troubadour
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Very cool, Willie! What a great gift!

WalshFan88
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Austin, I hope all goes well for you. Are false teeth a possibility?

That would be their last resort. The thought is now that they will pull the other tooth I just had a root canal in which is right next to where the tooth they pulled is, and then do bone grafting in that one area for now and then do one implant in that space. And then if I lose other teeth, possibly do more implants or some type of appliance. I should find out the plan sometime this week for surgery or whatever.

sodascouts
07-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Wanted to share a picture of one of my birthday gifts from one of my families I help care for. The family LOVE their rock n roll, the little boy is only 7 months old and usually shows up in rock band t shirts, etc. They know how much I love my music and who my faves are, etc... we've had several music related conversations. The father is quite an artist. Yesterday, this was delivered to me. I think it's wonderful!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Pagepainting2.jpg

NICE! If they ever give you one of TBS, be sure to post it ASAP! ;)

Topkat
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Nice artwork!

timfan
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Found out this afternoon, Dad's surgery has been scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. They are scheduling a quadruple bypass but we're hoping they don't have to do that much!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, TF!

Troubadour
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your Dad, Kath. Hope all goes well.

Freypower
07-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Good luck to him Kath & you take care of yourself.

sodascouts
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll be praying for him!

Topkat
07-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Good luck. Hope it all goes well.

Koala
07-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Good luck to your dad, TF! you are all in my thoughts!

Brooke
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers, tf.

Brooke
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
I forgot to tell you all some good news! My daughter-in-law is a teacher and she hasn't been able to find a real teaching job. Well, she got one! She had an aid position at our local school and just got a 2nd grade job at a nearby town. Much better pay and it's in a brand new school building in the process of being finished up! We are all so happy! :yay:

Troubadour
07-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Excellent! That must be a relief. Congrats to her!

sodascouts
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Wonderful! Congrats to her!

Topkat
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Brooke, that's great news! Always love to hear about people getting a new job!!

timfan
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
My dad came through the surgery fine, he's stable but still unconcious. The doctor actually had to do the bypasses on all FIVE of his coronary arteries! We're going back in a couple of hours when they plan to start waking him.

SallyGee
07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Great news TF! I'll be praying for him and you. Remember to take care of yourself.

sodascouts
07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Glad the surgery went well!

Topkat
07-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Happy to hear the surgery went well!

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 10:21 PM
I forgot to tell you all some good news! My daughter-in-law is a teacher and she hasn't been able to find a real teaching job. Well, she got one! She had an aid position at our local school and just got a 2nd grade job at a nearby town. Much better pay and it's in a brand new school building in the process of being finished up! We are all so happy! :yay:

excellent news Brooke!! she must be thrilled!!

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 10:23 PM
My dad came through the surgery fine, he's stable but still unconcious. The doctor actually had to do the bypasses on all FIVE of his coronary arteries! We're going back in a couple of hours when they plan to start waking him.

that's what my dad had...all five....glad to hear everything went well...they'll have him up and out of bed before you know it!!....

Brooke
07-19-2012, 09:41 AM
tf, so glad to hear the good news!

zeldabjr
07-19-2012, 07:37 PM
made an eye appt for tomorrow...going to see if I can get contacts again...used to wear them but then got so they bothered me too much...hope with the new ones out there I can tolerate them again...really sick of my librarian look with glasses...kind of excited about it!!

Troubadour
07-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well, Kath. Please keep us updated!

Good luck with your eye appointment tomorrow, Zelda!

sodascouts
07-20-2012, 12:42 AM
I had to start wearing daily contact lenses because my old ones were irritating my eyes. I hope you can find a solution, too, Zelda!

Brooke
07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Zelda, good luck with your eye appointment!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Z- hope your eye doctor gets you what you need!

Brooke
07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Today is my 38th wedding anniversary! Just got some beautiful flowers from the hubby! :)

prayfordaylight
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Congrats!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Congrats, Brooke!!

I've been dealing with a lot of work issues this week that have been driving me crazy. It's been one of those weeks! But right now I'm waiting for Dreamer to arrive. We planned on going to see the Eagles tribute band 7 Bridges tonight, but it's raining now and supposed to have thunderstorms later. We'll see how it goes, but we might just kick back and visit with each other.

zeldabjr
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Today is my 38th wedding anniversary! Just got some beautiful flowers from the hubby! :)

Happy Anniversary Brooke!!!...that is quite an accomplishment these days!

Topkat
07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Happy Anniversary Brooke & Hubby!! :thumbsup:

SallyGee
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Happy Anniversary Brooke. Good for you!

zeldabjr
07-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I went to the eye doc...actually am wearing contacts!!...felt very funny driving home without glasses...because I wear bifocals...my right eye has a lens for distance and left has one for close up...and I guess the eyes adjust...cool...need to have follow up next Fri. to see how I'm adjusting...I'm a happy girl.

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Good news, Zelda!

VA, I'm quite jealous that you and Dreamer are meeting up - wish I could be there with you two for a girly night! Have fun, whatever you end up doing.

Brooke, congratulations on 38 years of marriage!

sodascouts
07-21-2012, 03:15 AM
I echo all the above sentiments.

Zelda, I remember how excited I was to finally get contacts when I was 13. My parents made me wait 'til then, and it was "GLORY HALLELUJAH" time when it finally happened!

Brooke, I keep forgetting how young you were when you married until you post something like that. Congrats!

Brooke
07-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Lol! Yeah, we were both just 18 and fresh out of high school! At that time it was truly love will keep us alive because we were very poor! Somehow, someway, with lots of perseverance, we have made it this far! We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate!

Zelda, good luck with the contacts. I tried that twice, what you are doing, and it just didn't work for me so I'm back to the good ol' reading glasses or bifocals. :shrug: I do know several that it has worked for though.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I went to the eye doc...actually am wearing contacts!!...felt very funny driving home without glasses...because I wear bifocals...my right eye has a lens for distance and left has one for close up...and I guess the eyes adjust...cool...need to have follow up next Fri. to see how I'm adjusting...I'm a happy girl.

Z, as you might remember, my contacts are the same. I love it! There are times I still need reading glasses or have trouble seeing, like a small menu in a dimly lit restaurant. But I can see my phone and see my camera and read labels at the grocery store! Hope it continues to work well for you. When I go back in Sept, I think I'll get the 'reader' a little stronger.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
VA, I'm quite jealous that you and Dreamer are meeting up - wish I could be there with you two for a girly night! Have fun, whatever you end up doing.

Troub, we were supposed to go see 7Bridges but since it was thundering and carrying on we just went to dinner. It never did rain, we could have gone, but all I could think about was slogging through mud to get to the car. Still, we had a great time!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Thinking about the contacts, I had stopped working on this quilt when I was in bifocal denial, but have been able to start working on it again. Since today's a very cool day for July, I got it out and picked up where I left off.

This is a Log Cabin quilt, the design is Barn Raising. The top is put together by machine (I used my overlock) and when I'm done the binding will be put on my machine (regular sewing machine). The quilting is done by hand using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. This one is taking some time, but I've quilted other Log Cabin quilts in six weeks or less. You can see the quilting hoop on it. I'm hoping that soon I can post the finished thing!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/quilt/DSC00553.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/quilt/DSC00551.jpg

ETA...a friend and I put the hardwood flooring you see in the pics ourselves a couple years ago.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Thinking about the contacts, I had stopped working on this quilt when I was in bifocal denial, but have been able to start working on it again. Since today's a very cool day for July, I got it out and picked up where I left off.

This is a Log Cabin quilt, the design is Barn Raising. The top is put together by machine (I used my overlock) and when I'm done the binding will be put on my machine (regular sewing machine). The quilting is done by hand using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. This one is taking some time, but I've quilted other Log Cabin quilts in six weeks or less. You can see the quilting hoop on it. I'm hoping that soon I can post the finished thing!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/quilt/DSC00553.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/quilt/DSC00551.jpg

ETA...a friend and I put the hardwood flooring you see in the pics ourselves a couple years ago.

beautiful quilt . cant wait to see the finished product. (bty, beautiful floors too)

WalshFan88
07-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Brooke - Happy Anniversary!

Zelda - Good luck with the contacts! :) I wear glasses all of the time now due to severe nearsightedness. It gets worse every year and my ophthalmologist said it will continue getting worse until I'm 25 (in two more years) and then it should stay the same from then on out. I'm not a LASIK candidate because I'm blind in my left eye and if they mess up the other eye I'm in BIG trouble. Night vision is horrible for me and yesterday I just walked into a clear screen door!!!! It's getting worse and I keep increasing the prescription.

VA - Nice quilt!

----

I still haven't heard from the oral surgeon about the game plan. I think they are stumped... Hope I hear something this coming week.

sodascouts
07-21-2012, 04:17 PM
That quilt is AMAZING! And VA, I love how you are so self-reliant and DIY.

Austin, hope you hear from the doctor soon.

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 04:23 PM
What a gorgeous quilt, VA!

SallyGee
07-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Zelda, Good luck with the contacts. I wish I was as brave as you. I have trouble putting eye drops in my eyes. I can't imagine trying to put contacts in!
VA, Beautiful quilt! I always wanted to make one. I would have to start with a much simpler one.

sodascouts
07-22-2012, 01:07 PM
For YEARS I could not stand eyedrops, even though I put contacts in with ease. My eyes would inevitable squeeze shut before the eyedrop hit my eyeball, and the liquid would just run down my face.

However, just a couple years ago, my eye got horribly irritated to the degree where I couldn't even stand to be in sunlight. I was prescribed eyedrops. I determined that instead of thinking of the drops as a horribly foreign object that would hit my eyeball, I would think of it as a soothing drop of water that would heal my eye. As long as I kept that thought in my head while squeezing that eye dropper, my eye wouldn't close. It was difficult but it worked!

zeldabjr
07-22-2012, 02:08 PM
For YEARS I could not stand eyedrops, even though I put contacts in with ease. My eyes would inevitable squeeze shut before the eyedrop hit my eyeball, and the liquid would just run down my face.

However, just a couple years ago, my eye got horribly irritated to the degree where I couldn't even stand to be in sunlight. I was prescribed eyedrops. I determined that instead of thinking of the drops as a horribly foreign object that would hit my eyeball, I would think of it as a soothing drop of water that would heal my eye. As long as I kept that thought in my head while squeezing that eye dropper, my eye wouldn't close. It was difficult but it worked!

genius way to solve a problem...

zeldabjr
07-22-2012, 02:10 PM
VA your quilt is beautiful...love the colors...I have always wanted to learn but didn't know where to start...How did you learn?

VAisForEagleLovers
07-22-2012, 02:30 PM
VA your quilt is beautiful...love the colors...I have always wanted to learn but didn't know where to start...How did you learn?

Thank you, Zelda! If you know how to sew you know how to quilt, and I learned to sew as a very small child. This particular pattern I learned from a booklet picked up at a fabric store. The blocks are all made the same and you can put them together in several different ways to form different looks. I've made several Fields and Furrows, where the prominent colors run in diagonal stripes. I don't know that I took pictures of any of them. I'm going to see the folks next weekend, maybe I'll remember to take a few pictures.

Brooke
07-22-2012, 04:12 PM
VA, your quilt is just beautiful! I love it! I have several hand made quilts that my Grandmother made and I cherish them. I learned to sew in high school and made a lot of my own clothes and my daughter's clothes back in the 70's and 80's, but have no desire to sew any more. It actually makes me mad when I have to get out the machine or do a hem! lol I did make a log cabin pattern quilted Christmas tree skirt back then too. I didn't do any hand stitching on it though, all by machine.

Your wood floor is gorgeous too! Good job! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
07-22-2012, 08:08 PM
My Aunt Shirley (my Grandad's sister) is in the hospital and it doesn't look good, unfortunately. She has had health problems for years but she is very poorly at the moment and extremely confused. My grandparents had a call from the hospital yesterday to ask whether they would like her to be resuscitated in the event that she gets worse. My grandparents discussed it with all of her other siblings and they decided that it would be best not to, because her quality of life would be extremely poor. She is so frail. Apparently she has actually been a little more lively today (she was unconscious most of the day yesterday, hence the phone call) but I'm not confident that she will come out of the hospital. If you could keep her and my grandparents in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. My beloved grandparents are dealing with their own health problems (my Grandad's cancer count went up slightly at his last hospital visit, and my Grandma is going for further tests in August because her stomach is very bloated and uncomfortable and they have detected blood in her urine. I talked to her on the phone last night and I can tell she is quite worried.) I just hope it is nothing serious and they can put her mind at rest.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-22-2012, 09:24 PM
My Aunt Shirley (my Grandad's sister) is in the hospital and it doesn't look good, unfortunately. She has had health problems for years but she is very poorly at the moment and extremely confused. My grandparents had a call from the hospital yesterday to ask whether they would like her to be resuscitated in the event that she gets worse. My grandparents discussed it with all of her other siblings and they decided that it would be best not to, because her quality of life would be extremely poor. She is so frail. Apparently she has actually been a little more lively today (she was unconscious most of the day yesterday, hence the phone call) but I'm not confident that she will come out of the hospital. If you could keep her and my grandparents in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it. My beloved grandparents are dealing with their own health problems (my Grandad's cancer count went up slightly at his last hospital visit, and my Grandma is going for further tests in August because her stomach is very bloated and uncomfortable and they have detected blood in her urine. I talked to her on the phone last night and I can tell she is quite worried.) I just hope it is nothing serious and they can put her mind at rest.

Troub, I am very sorry to hear all this. Will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers.

sodascouts
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear it. Your family has my prayers.

Prettymaid
07-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Lou, I hope for the best for your grandparents and your Aunt Shirley.

zeldabjr
07-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Troub...very sorry to hear about all these health problems with your family...my thoughts and prayers go out to them all...must be a very hard time for you...

Koala
07-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Troub, I'm sorry to hear this news. Hope The best for all!

TimothyBFan
07-23-2012, 08:57 AM
VA--Beautiful!! It's a dying art. I've always wished I had the talent and patience to do that. I have a friend that quilts and I've always envied her.

Lou--So sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my thoughts, for sure!

Brooke
07-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Troub, I'm so sorry to hear this news and will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.

Troubadour
07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Thank you all so much. The nurses have said that it is only a matter of time for my Auntie Shirley. We haven't been able to get hold of my grandparents this afternoon, so I think they are still at the hospital. Hopefully her passing will be peaceful and that she won't continue to suffer too much.

SallyGee
07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Troub, My prayers are with you and your family.

Topkat
07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Good luck with the contacts Zelda. I'm sure you will do fine with them. I wore contacts for years, but then I needed eye surgery, so now I can see without glasses, but I do need reading glasses sometimes. The contacts they have these days are really comfortable.

VA that quilt is beautiful!

Troub, I'm so sorry about your aunt!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Troub, I am very sorry to hear all this. Will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers.

Prayers to and for you and your family.

I always say we are the sandwhich generation. Older realitives on one side and kids and grandkids on the other side, with us in the middle

Just hang in and take care of yourself so you can be strong and handle anything that comes your way.

ANd remember when it gets tough, GOD never gives us more than we can handle even when we think we have had enough

HAng in:angel:
TT

TimothyBFan
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Lou--so sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope it will be peaceful. I also hope that your grandparents don't get themselves to ran down while dealing with this. You and your whole family will be in my thoughts. ((hugs))

Troubadour
07-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks again - I really appreciate all of the kind words and thoughts. :grouphug:

Freypower
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I went to my uncle's funeral yesterday in Newcastle with my mother & my father's cousin.

I have now farewelled my paternal grandparents & both paternal uncles in this church in the suburb of Mayfield where my father & brothers grew up. (My father was farewelled at a crematorium, not a church).

http://www.micaministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/StAndrews__MayfieldsmallLOwres.jpg

Seeing my second cousins on my grandmother's side, who I never see any other time except funerals, is just what happens.

When I go to funerals they are all my father's family; not my mother's. If anything happens to my maternal aunts, we will not be there.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I went to my uncle's funeral yesterday in Newcastle with my mother & my father's cousin.

I have now farewelled my paternal grandparents & both paternal uncles in this church in the suburb of Mayfield where my father & brothers grew up. (My father was farewelled at a crematorium, not a church).

http://www.micaministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/StAndrews__MayfieldsmallLOwres.jpg

Seeing my second cousins on my grandmother's side, who I never see any other time except funerals, is just what happens.

When I go to funerals they are all my father's family; not my mother's. If anything happens to my maternal aunts, we will not be there.

So sorry for your losses.

We lost one of my hubbys aunts. (one of 10 children) At the funural, one of my hubbys cousins decided that we needed a family reunion since there were no weddings coming up and she was tired to be seing everyone every time we buried a relative. Well. We did a fast one..had so much fun sitting around talking about childhood memories. At that point there were three siblings left.
One was at the reunion and all the "neices and nephews " were gathereed round. Point..we treasure those pictures and that get together cause we lost that uncle a short time afterwords.

Again prayers for you:angel:

timfan
07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Julie so sorry for your loss

and Lou so sad to hear the news about your aunt. Hopefully her last days will be comfortable and peaceful

Now for my news!!

It looks like my Dad is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow FINALLY! ( Kath is happy!! :thumbsup: ) I was saying to Dad today that my sense of time has been totally distorted over the last few weeks.. with all the stress, days at the hospital, friends and family to keep updated it has felt like 2 months!

Freypower
07-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Julie so sorry for your loss

and Lou so sad to hear the news about your aunt. Hopefully her last days will be comfortable and peaceful

Now for my news!!

It looks like my Dad is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow FINALLY! ( Kath is happy!! :thumbsup: ) I was saying to Dad today that my sense of time has been totally distorted over the last few weeks.. with all the stress, days at the hospital, friends and family to keep updated it has felt like 2 months!

And I am very happy for you both.

Prettymaid
07-25-2012, 07:45 AM
FP, I am sorry for your loss. It's true, as I get older I tend to only see my cousins at weddings and funerals. Fortunately, I have an aunt on my father's side who invites everyone for Thanksgiving every year. It's a nice time to catch up.

TF, I'm glad your father is being released from the hospital.

Brooke
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Fp, that is a beautiful church and will keep you in my thoughts.

I also hardly ever see my cousins unless it's a wedding or a funeral. We used to have a family reunion, but it got so not many came so we quit that. My husband's mother's family still has a reunion which is coming up. It's good to see some of them, but many I don't even know. It has gotten so each immediate family tends to sit together and visit with each other, so what's the point?!

tf, this sounds like good news for your father. I wish him a full, fast recovery and rest for you!

zeldabjr
07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
FP...sorry to hear about your uncle...hope you are doing ok....looks like a beautiful old church...I know I only see cousins at funerals too....

TF...great to hear your dad is coming home...you must be so relieved!!!

Koala
07-27-2012, 11:40 AM
FP, I am sorry for your loss. yes, some relatives one really sees only at funerals or important birthdays, But sometimes even that's enough so often I must not have some of my relative around me, Not nice to say that but honestly!
BTW, The Church Looks beautiful.

TF, nice to hear that news about your dad!

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2012, 08:35 AM
I've been 'incommunicado' for the past 10 days or so as we were on our family holiday. Of course I had intended to 'sign off' before we went but things got a bit hectic on the home front the few days before we headed off. I had also thought I would get some Border time in the hotels as many have wireless, but we were on the go the whole time and I really had virtually no 'Down Time'. That said, we went by ferry to the South East of England and combined the warner Brother's 'Harry Potter' studio tour, a dat trip to London which was preparing for the Olympic Games, two days in Legoland and two days in a tree house in Norfolk. We had a wonderful time - Laura said it was the best holiday she ever had. Pics to follow!!

Since we have gotten home I have been BBf organising an au pair for next year, catching up with washing (lol), shopping, and organising my car insurance which expires on Tuesday!

I've scanned this thread, and I hope I'm not leaving anyone out! If I am apologies in advance!

TF, I'm thrilled your Dad has done so well and is home now. I know too how time seems to fade when a parene is in hospital.

Troub! You had told me about your aunt, but I wasn't aware your Grandparents were also facing health challenges. I hope your aunt is comfortable and that your Grandparents will both be ok :hug:

Julie! I too am sorry for your loss. I have a cousin who I tend to meet at funerals on my Mums side. Every time we meet its like 'We have to stop meeting like this....'. because my Mum was the second youngest of 8 we have farewelled (I like that phrase Julie) quite a few of her sibs and their spouses. Dad is the only one left of his brothers and sister. We had a big reunion of Mums family about 15 years ago, but of course since then we have lost quite a few members.

Those experiencing eye troubles, you have my sympathy too. I can see my eyesight is worse than it was a few years ago and I am put off reading anything with small print if I don't have my specs. Its like its too much trouble!!

Troubadour
07-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Glad to have you back, Lis! I'm thrilled Laura loved England so much. Sounds like you made the most of it. Good luck finding an au pair!

Brooke
07-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Welcome back, Ga! Glad you had a nice vaca!

Glennsallnighter
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks Brooke and Troub! I think we have one ready to go!

Well we got some very bad news this morning.

My cousin Denise(uncannily the girl I mentioned above)'s husband passed away suddenly on Saturday. He had been ill and in surgery but this was not expected. He was a big Eagles fan - they were his favourite band too. One of my abiding memories of him was when he got hold of a guitar at his wedding reception and sang 'Lyin Eyes'. And he did it very well too. he is the first of my generation of cousins/cousins spouses to go.
It looks like once again Denise and I will meet at a time of bereavement. :sad:

Brooke
07-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Ga, I'm so sorry to hear this news. You and the family have my sympathies.

Troubadour
07-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry, Lisa. How terribly sad. :hug: Thinking of you all.

Freypower
07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Lisa.

sodascouts
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Kath, I'm so glad to hear about your dad getting released!

Troub, GA, and FP - wishing you all comfort.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
GA so sorry to hear this. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

WalshFan88
07-30-2012, 11:56 PM
So sorry to hear that, GA.

GlennLover
07-31-2012, 11:23 AM
My sympathies are with you, GA & FP. Glad you had a wonderful vacation though, Lisa.

Troub, I'll say a prayer for you & your family.

Kath, glad your Dad is home.

Austin, hope you get word & some relief soon.

GlennLover
07-31-2012, 11:34 AM
VA, you are a woman of many talents! I want to learn how to quilt too. I do sew, but not a lot in recent years. I had started going to a sewing group (called The Peace Makers) at my church & mostly what they sew is quilts. I have only gone a couple of times, but I am looking forward to learning much more in the fall.

When I proof read this just before I went to post, I discovered that I had left the "e" out of the word "sewing". We're not that liberal. We don't have a "swing" group at the church. :laugh:

Brooke
07-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Glad you caught that GL! We would have wondered just what kind of church that was! :rofl:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2012, 07:21 AM
GL, good catch! Thanks for the kudos on the quilt. I love putting those tops together and playing around with the many designs that can be made from a stack of square pieces. I forgot to take pics of the others I've done while I was in PA, I'll do that next time.

This has been a rough week at work, at the office three days in a row now and will have to return on Friday as well. Yesterday we had to let a team member go because he's not a US Citizen. He was scheduled to have it done in June, but the govt lost an important piece of his paperwork, so it's put off again and the US Army doesn't care...he can't work on our contract. So on top of being under the gun and needing to train about ten new people plus get some work done, we lose a key resource with 14 years of experience on the project.

I found out yesterday that I need to travel back to Ft. Knox next week for four days. Then I have to be at the office the entire next week. It was kind of nice, though. I had told my boss that I was going to see Joe on the 13th, and when he realized he'd scheduled a key training class for that week, he said he'd reschedule it. He was very happy to hear that the concert was local and he didn't need to change it!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-01-2012, 10:37 AM
GL, good catch! Thanks for the kudos on the quilt. I love putting those tops together and playing around with the many designs that can be made from a stack of square pieces. I forgot to take pics of the others I've done while I was in PA, I'll do that next time.

This has been a rough week at work, at the office three days in a row now and will have to return on Friday as well. Yesterday we had to let a team member go because he's not a US Citizen. He was scheduled to have it done in June, but the govt lost an important piece of his paperwork, so it's put off again and the US Army doesn't care...he can't work on our contract. So on top of being under the gun and needing to train about ten new people plus get some work done, we lose a key resource with 14 years of experience on the project.

I found out yesterday that I need to travel back to Ft. Knox next week for four days. Then I have to be at the office the entire next week. It was kind of nice, though. I had told my boss that I was going to see Joe on the 13th, and when he realized he'd scheduled a key training class for that week, he said he'd reschedule it. He was very happy to hear that the concert was local and he didn't need to change it!

ok ,three cheers for understanding bosses who feed our addiction to our "boys". glad he realizes that a happy you is a productive you. have fun seeing Joe>

oh yeah...dont let the stress at work get to you..we are all in the same boat at one time or another. my favorite line is "it is what it is". i cant change it I can only do my best at what I do. Right??

Brooke
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
VA, hang in there! Listen to some Eagles music! Glenn's After Hours should be perfect! :smile:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
VA, hang in there! Listen to some Eagles music! Glenn's After Hours should be perfect! :smile:

I listened to that on the drive home this afternoon! I have the MP3 player on shuffle and it started with Worried Mind. Hmmm. :eyebrow:

Freypower
08-01-2012, 05:58 PM
WM has such a relaxed feel to it though, it leaves me feeling the opposite of worried, if you know what I mean. 'Why worry' indeed. :nahnah:

timfan
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Well as of last night Dad is back in the hospital with an infection. The good news is that it appears we got the infection before it became very serious. Hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly and he'll be home in the next couple of days.

TimothyBFan
08-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear that, TF! Hope he's home again very soon!

GlennLover
08-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Glad the infection was caught early, TF. Hope he gets rid of it quickly.

Brooke
08-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Tf, I'm sorry to hear this and hope he kicks it quickly and makes a full recovery.

SallyGee
08-03-2012, 07:40 PM
TF, sorry about your Dad's setback. Thankfully the infection was caught early. He will be in my prayers.

Koala
08-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Tf, I'm sorry to hear this news!

I have still trouble with the Internet, it still don't work, perhaps it works Monday again, I Hope so! slowly it sucks to have none

WalshFan88
08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
TF - Sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers from it soon!

sodascouts
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Yes, hope he gets over it soon!

Glennsallnighter
08-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Hope your Dad gets over this infection soon TF.

We had Jim's funeral last week. Mention was made several times during the mass and service as to what an Eagles fan he was - LE was his favourite song. They also played a recording of 'Desperado' as his body was being taken out of the church for burial.

Troubadour
08-06-2012, 07:27 PM
That must have been so moving, GA. :hug:

TF, I'm glad they caught your dad's infection early. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

I've had a really lovely weekend with my family. My aunt had a gathering at her house on Sunday because my cousin, Katelyn, is moving to Toronto tomorrow with her hubby and three young kids. It was so great just sitting in the garden, eating, drinking, chatting, enjoying the sunshine and playing with the babies. It was hard saying goodbye to them though, and I know that my grandparents are very upset... it's obvious that they are thinking of their age and the possibility of not seeing my cousin and her kids again. I don't think that will happen, though. I reckon my cousin will be back for Christmas if at all possible! The saddest thing is knowing that the children will have changed and grown so much by the time I next see them. Still, technology nowadays is great, and we are already planning to Skype often.

I did get some bad news tonight, unfortunately. One of my aunts has just been diagnosed with throat cancer. She is in her late 40s and has two daughters in their early 20s (one of whom is heavily pregnant at the moment.) My aunt has battled for years with breast cancer and has had a double mastectomy... now this. It's just so cruel. I am really hoping and praying they can treat it and that she will come through it. It seems like such a big blow right now though, considering everything else she has been through.

GlennLover
08-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Glad you had a nice weekend with your family, Troub! Technology certainly does help to keep in contact with relatives that live far from you.

I'll pray for your aunt.

sodascouts
08-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh, your poor aunt, Troub! I'll pray for her as well.

zeldabjr
08-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Well as of last night Dad is back in the hospital with an infection. The good news is that it appears we got the infection before it became very serious. Hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly and he'll be home in the next couple of days.

Oh TF...thinking of your dad...and you...hope he on the mend again real soon...

zeldabjr
08-06-2012, 09:16 PM
That must have been so moving, GA. :hug:

TF, I'm glad they caught your dad's infection early. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

I've had a really lovely weekend with my family. My aunt had a gathering at her house on Sunday because my cousin, Katelyn, is moving to Toronto tomorrow with her hubby and three young kids. It was so great just sitting in the garden, eating, drinking, chatting, enjoying the sunshine and playing with the babies. It was hard saying goodbye to them though, and I know that my grandparents are very upset... it's obvious that they are thinking of their age and the possibility of not seeing my cousin and her kids again. I don't think that will happen, though. I reckon my cousin will be back for Christmas if at all possible! The saddest thing is knowing that the children will have changed and grown so much by the time I next see them. Still, technology nowadays is great, and we are already planning to Skype often.

I did get some bad news tonight, unfortunately. One of my aunts has just been diagnosed with throat cancer. She is in her late 40s and has two daughters in their early 20s (one of whom is heavily pregnant at the moment.) My aunt has battled for years with breast cancer and has had a double mastectomy... now this. It's just so cruel. I am really hoping and praying they can treat it and that she will come through it. It seems like such a big blow right now though, considering everything else she has been through.

So sorry about your aunt Troub...will say prayers for her...you're right...cancer is very cruel..

TimothyBFan
08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Lou, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Sounds like she's been through a lot with this horrible disease.

I found this bumper sticker awhile back--pretty well sums it up.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Cancersucks.jpg

timfan
08-07-2012, 07:42 AM
So sorry to hear this Lou. You and your aunt will be my thoughts.. Big hugs.

and TBF I'd certainly say that says it all! ;) I don't know that there are many of us in this world that cancer hasn't touched in some way..

SallyGee
08-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Troub, so sorry about your aunt. Your family has had so many problems. Why can't cancer just go away? Your family will be in my prayers

Koala
08-07-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this about your aunt Troub.

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes Troub. I too hope that your aunt will be treated and will make a full recovery from this. I'll keep her in my prayers. :hug:

Troubadour
08-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Thank you all. I appreciate your thoughts.

WalshFan88
08-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your aunt, Troub.

Brooke
08-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Somehow I missed this, Troub, I'm so sorry. I'll keep her and the family in my prayers.

Btw, it's FRIDAY! :yay: Another busy day here but closing in on the weekend! :partytime:

timfan
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Wanted to let you all know my dad is home from hospital this morning FINALLY!!!

It took a lot longer than they originally said to nip the infection and while in hospital he developed walking issues (they never figured out conclusively why) but he's walking again and the infection seems to be under control. He is still somewhat fragile and the walking is not 100% but he's getting there! Because of all this he is a few weeks behind in his heart recovery ( rebuilding the heart stamina) but knowing his determination he'll be back on track quickly. Thanks as always for your friendship and support thru all this!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-12-2012, 11:12 AM
:yay:hi timfan

Hope your Dad continues on his road to recovery.

Keep his and your spirits up and take it one day at a time.:partytime::yay:

tt

Glennsallnighter
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Tf I'm so glad that your Dad is finally home and is now recovering well. best of luck to him as he builds up his heart stamina!

Prettymaid
08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
TF, I remember meeting your dad at Timothy's solo show in Chicago. I wish the best for him.

GlennLover
08-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Great news, tf!

Koala
08-14-2012, 12:50 AM
TF, I 'm glad that your Dad is Home now! This are really good News!

Troubadour
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Great news, Kath! Hope he continues to recover well and that he gains back his strength quickly.

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Hope he continues to get better every day!

WalshFan88
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
TF - Glad to hear he is doing better and is home! :)

timfan
08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the support everyone.

While all this has been happening with Dad my cat Midori has been slowly failing and I just hoped she'd make til Dad got home. She did and Dad has got to spend the last week with her but the time has come to let her go.. We will be putting Midori down this evening. It hurts soo much to say it and know she'll be gone but I know it's the right thing to do. She has been totally spoiled in the last weeks ( She had a t-bone steak dinner last night!) and I know we will always have our wonderful memories of her. What I would do for just one more day.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi8O7JdA4Sg

TimothyBFan
08-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Kath----I am soooooo very sorry to hear this. But like you said, it's the right thing to do if she is suffering. Big hugs to you!! :hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-20-2012, 09:57 AM
TF, so sorry to hear this. Glad your dad is home and got to spend time with Midori. It's a tough decision, but I'm a firm believer in doing what's right for the pet. Give Midori a hug from all of us. :grouphug:

Topkat
08-20-2012, 10:39 AM
TF, very sad to hear about Midori. My heart goes out to you, as I have been through this. It's so difficult, but they somehow let you know that it is their time.... :angel:

Glennsallnighter
08-20-2012, 12:30 PM
TF I really feel for you in this very difficult time, but I know that in your heart you are doing the best for Midori. I'm glad that your Dad got to spend some more time with her too. And that he too continues to recover and do well. We will all be thinking of you and Midori this evening. She has been privileged to have had such wonderful and caring owners.

Brooke
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
tf, I'm so sorry to hear about Midori. I've been through it too and know what you are going through. I'm so glad your Dad got to spend some time with her too. :hug:

sodascouts
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Oh, how awful! I'm so terribly sorry to hear that you're going to have to put down your precious Midori. It's so difficult - our little ones are more than just pets, they're part of the family. Heart-breaking!

Take comfort from the fact that you gave her a very good and very happy life, and that you can treasure her memory always.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
TF,

pRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOURS.

She is lucky you are her momma.

They become our children and part of us.
LOve and prayers:angel::sad:

tt

zeldabjr
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
so sorry to hear about your baby Midori...even though you know in your heart you are doing the right thing... it is soooo hard to do...:hug::hug::hug:

timfan
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding

We just returned from the vet's and Midori is no longer with us. I am both devastated and numb all at once. As she was dozing off she grasped my fingers with her paw and was licking our fingers kind of a goodbye kiss. It was sweet, quick, painless and peaceful. A beautiful way to say goodbye....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/other/P2200609.jpg

RIP my darling Midori

Troubadour
08-20-2012, 07:39 PM
My heart is with you, Kath. I am devastated for you, but I'm glad her passing was so peaceful. Her life with you was filled with nothing but love. She was a beautiful cat and will remain with you forever. :heart:

sodascouts
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Your post brought tears to my eyes, Kath. RIP Midori.

GlennLover
08-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Your post brought tears to my eyes, Kath. RIP Midori.

It brought me to tears as well. I have 5 cats & 4 of them are older. I can't imagine having to part with any of them. I'll say a prayer for you.

RIP Midori

Tiffanny Twisted
08-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and understanding

We just returned from the vet's and Midori is no longer with us. I am both devastated and numb all at once. As she was dozing off she grasped my fingers with her paw and was licking our fingers kind of a goodbye kiss. It was sweet, quick, painless and peaceful. A beautiful way to say goodbye....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/other/P2200609.jpg

RIP my darling Midori
Prayers for you and your family.
Glad it was peaceful..she loved you and knew you loved her.:angel:
tt

VAisForEagleLovers
08-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, Kath, how sweet! Midori gave you one final terrific memory. Still, I can relate to how you feel at the moment and I'm thinking about you.

zeldabjr
08-20-2012, 09:51 PM
thinking of you TF...I can relate to that "numb" feeling after something like this...that is a beautiful pic of your baby...and she will be with you always.

WalshFan88
08-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that TimFan. :( RIP Midori.

Koala
08-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh no, sorry to hear this about Midori!

Glennsallnighter
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
RIP Midori :hug:. Thats a beautiful picture you posted of her TF, and her last memory will let you know you did the right thing. Its so hard but I'm sure it was the best thing in the long run.

Now you have had a very stressful summer. Take some time out and pamper yourself for a while. I'm sure those batteries need to be recharged! :hug:

Topkat
08-21-2012, 10:48 AM
That's a lovely picture of Midori. My deepest sympathy. I know it is like losing a member of the family. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you & your family.
You did all you could for her & to let her go in peace is the right thing to do. I was also with my beloved Blondie when I had to put her down due to cancer. It broke my heart, but I could not let her suffer. I know that I would look for her little face when I came in the door & she was no longer there. Still upsets me even though it was some time ago.
RIP

Brooke
08-21-2012, 01:23 PM
tf, Midori was such a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry, but be comforted that it is what was best for her. No need for her to suffer. You have lots of memories with her.

Prettymaid
08-21-2012, 05:07 PM
If only our pets lived as long as we do! TF, your post also had me tearing up. Thank you for sharing the photo. What a sweetie Midori was!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Kath - I got choked up too when I read your post. She was a beautiful cat. I know how hard it must have been for you to let her go. My thoughts are with you and your Dad. R.I.P. Midori.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
lots of stress right now.....

VAisForEagleLovers
08-22-2012, 08:54 AM
lots of stress right now.....

Same here. Pretty sure if I were a cat I'd be chasing my tail right about now. The good news is that the trip back to Kentucky won't happen for about a month instead of this week or next.

zeldabjr
08-22-2012, 10:03 AM
sorry to hear about the stress tt and VA...hope seeing the boys next week will help a little:)

GlennLover
08-22-2012, 12:35 PM
sorry to hear about the stress tt and VA...hope seeing the boys next week will help a little:)

Yes, I find the boys are some of the best stress relievers you can get. Relax & have fun you two! :)

Troubadour
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Thinking of everyone who is going through a difficult time right now.

My Aunt Shirley passed away peacefully this morning, with my grandparents by her side. As I mentioned a week or so ago, she was in hospital and we knew she wouldn't get better. It was only a matter of time. It is sad, but I know that she isn't suffering anymore. I appreciate all of the kind words on here and on FB.

Brooke
08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
All my sympathy, Troub. May she rest in peace.

timfan
08-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Lou as I mentioned on FB you and your family have my deepest sympathies. As you said her suffering is over and she is now at peace.

zeldabjr
08-22-2012, 03:34 PM
thinking of you Troub at this difficult time:hug:

EagleLady
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
So sorry to hear that Lou :hug: You and your family have my deepest sympathies

Glennsallnighter
08-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Sending my sympathies to you and your family as well Lou :hug:. We are all keeping your aunt Shirley in our prayers.

Koala
08-23-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, my deepest sympathy, Troub.

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 01:45 AM
You have my sympathies as well, Lou. Your family is in my prayers.

TimothyBFan
08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Lou---I thought about you and your family several times last night. I've already told you how sorry I am for your loss. May you all stay strong through this trying time.

BramwenR
08-24-2012, 10:02 PM
So sorry for your loss Lou. It is just about the hardest thing in the world. I pray for deliverance for you and your family.

As for me, I have some health checks that have had to take priority in the last few weeks, along with family stuff so I haven't been posting for that reason. Add to that job seeking so my life has been quite busy.

I find that music heals where other things don't. So I have been listening a lot to Trial By Fire (Journey) in the last few weeks, preceded by LROOE..pumped up nice and loud. Drives out the gremlins.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
sorry for your loss.
prayers for you and your family.

tt

Troubadour
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks so much, everyone. I am doing okay. I have quite a lot going on at the moment - it's only a couple of weeks before I move to London to start my teaching course, so things are a bit busy in general. I have felt unwell the last couple of days and have had a couple of anxiety issues, so I'm giving myself some time to relax and pamper myself a bit today. I know this year is going to be hectic and exhausting, but I am quite looking forward to it. I will miss Maisie though; she will have to stay with my Mum while I'm up there. :( I know she will be perfectly fine, but you know... it's hard. I'm going to try to manage my time well from the outset though, so hopefully I can keep some semblance of a normal life while I'm training!

Bramwen, I hope your health and family problems are nothing serious. Thinking of you.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Came home from shopping to hear some horrible screeching. Tracked it down to the pump on the swimming pool. I'll check it out in the daylight tomorrow, but I'm betting the ball bearings are gone and I'll have to spend mega $$ on a new one. This is not good.

Glennsallnighter
08-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Lou :hug:. Hope you are feeling a lot better soon, you have a had a tough few weeks. I'm sure once you are settled in London you will be very happy, and you'll see Maisie as often as you can.

VA! Bummer! I hate those things that go wrong and eat up the cash when you least want it, or need it. Hope the repair won't be too expensive for you.

Bramwen, you take care of yourself too!

SallyGee
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Troub, so sorry for your loss. But I believe she is in a better place, andwatching over you and your loved ones. Best of luck to you in London.

timfan
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Lots of good news from me! Dad and I saw his surgeon on Monday and the Dr said he's extremely pleased with Dad's recovery; going so far as to state that Dad's one of his best patients! :)

Also I'm going to be an AUNT!! My brother and his wife are expecting; she is due in March 2013

Topkat
08-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Very sorry for your loss Troub.
TimFan, glad to hear your father is doing better! That's great news!
Nice to hear some good news on here!

Freypower
08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Lots of good news from me! Dad and I saw his surgeon on Monday and the Dr said he's extremely pleased with Dad's recovery; going so far as to state that Dad's one of his best patients! :)

Also I'm going to be an AUNT!! My brother and his wife are expecting; she is due in March 2013

I'm really happy to hear both of those things. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
08-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Great news about your dad, TF. It's always exciting to have a new arrival... Bet you can't wait until March! Congrats, Auntie Kath! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
08-29-2012, 07:51 PM

great news TF...glad your Dad is doing so well and congrats on becoming an aunt...Is this your first time?

Tiffanny Twisted
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
tf..

congrads on being an aunt.

tt

SallyGee
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Timfan, I'm so happy for you and your family. I was very sorry to hear about Midori. You have certainly had more than your fair share of problems lately. You deserve this double dose of good news!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
TF, good news!! Love to hear it!

WalshFan88
08-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Lou - so sorry to hear of your loss.
TF - Great news!!!!!

---

For those who aren't on my Facebook I thought I'd post an update.

I went to the cardiologist today for chest pains, shortness of breath, and an abnormal EKG. He listened to my symptoms, looked at the EKG, and did an exam and determined that he needed to do a heart catheterization/angiogram ASAP. I got in first case tomorrow morning - which is pretty emergent short of doing it tonight.

He's concerned that combining my EKG with my symptoms plus family history that I could have a blockage (which would be rare at my age but I have a lot of rare health problems) or possibly a defect that went undiagnosed and is only now showing up. He wants to make sure it's not life threatening and just basically skipped any other test (echocardiogram, stress tests, etc) to get to the bottom of it.

Because he's getting me in so early is great but makes me worry that he thinks there is a problem. He gave me beta blockers, nitroglycerin, and baby aspirin to take and I'm on a strict "Take It Easy" (pardon the pun) restriction for tonight.

I'm nervous about any pain involved, the procedure, and most importantly the potential problem(s).

Please wish me luck for tomorrow (if you haven't already) and I'll update when I can tomorrow. Those on my FB will get an update ASAP from my phone.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Austin, again, good luck. Between you and Lizzy, I'm being kept pretty busy with thoughts and prayers tonight.

sodascouts
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM

Glad to hear your great news!

I went to the cardiologist today for chest pains, shortness of breath, and an abnormal EKG. He listened to my symptoms, looked at the EKG, and did an exam and determined that he needed to do a heart catheterization/angiogram ASAP. I got in first case tomorrow morning - which is pretty emergent short of doing it tonight.

He's concerned that combining my EKG with my symptoms plus family history that I could have a blockage (which would be rare at my age but I have a lot of rare health problems) or possibly a defect that went undiagnosed and is only now showing up. He wants to make sure it's not life threatening and just basically skipped any other test (echocardiogram, stress tests, etc) to get to the bottom of it.

Because he's getting me in so early is great but makes me worry that he thinks there is a problem. He gave me beta blockers, nitroglycerin, and baby aspirin to take and I'm on a strict "Take It Easy" (pardon the pun) restriction for tonight.

I'm nervous about any pain involved, the procedure, and most importantly the potential problem(s).

Please wish me luck for tomorrow (if you haven't already) and I'll update when I can tomorrow. Those on my FB will get an update ASAP from my phone.

Prayers for you!

zeldabjr
08-30-2012, 12:54 AM
sorry to hear about your health issues Austin...will definitely say a prayer for you and will be thinking of you tomorrow...

TimothyBFan
08-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Austin--- I actually thought of you and Liz both and the procedures you are both having this morning, almost as soon as I woke up this morning. You two need to get everything under control and get a couple clean bills of health. Good luck!!! Positive thoughts heading toward both of you from Indiana.

Brooke
08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
And I second everything TBF said! Good luck to both of you and prayers are on the way.

timfan, wonderful news for you!

I'm also going to be an aunt again, have no clue how many times now! We have a very large family!

timfan
08-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Austin I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck with this latest medical hurdle. I know all to well how scary heart issues are and hope they can solve yours quickly and easily :thumbsup: .

GlennLover
08-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Austin, I haven't been on Facebook much this week & am just reading your news now. You are in my prayers.

Troub, my sympathies on the loss of your aunt.

TF, so glad your dad got such a positive report from his doctor! Congrats to both you & Brooke that you will have new arrivals in your families in the near future.

Topkat
08-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Austin, sorry to hear about your heart issue. I hope the testing went okay and that you have some better news for us soon.
At least what ever it is, they will catch it early, which is always good.
Best of luck.

SallyGee
08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Austin, You are in my prayers. Keep positive.

Brooke
08-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Looking forward to a long 3 day weekend! :yay: Although, hubby and I are starting on a remodeling project at home; ripping up carpet, painting the living room, installing new oak flooring. Labor Day holiday? Yeah, right! :crazy:

Hope everyone in the States enjoys their Labor Day holiday! I will probably be a sporadic visitor this weekend.

WalshFan88
09-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks so much everyone.

The cath test itself went fine (I got extra sedation because I'm a bit nervous of a person. :hilarious). The results showed no blockage. The doctor is concerned still because the med he gave me for chest pain is working and that signifies there is something heart related going on. He did an echocardiogram and we are waiting on the results of that.

Troubadour
09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts, Austin!

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
TF! I'm glad your father continues to do well, and also that you have a new niece or nephew on the way! Congrats to you too Brooke on your impending arrival!

Austin, I hope that you can have your latest health issue sorted soon, and as painlessly as possible.

Freypower
09-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks so much everyone.

The cath test itself went fine (I got extra sedation because I'm a bit nervous of a person. :hilarious). The results showed no blockage. The doctor is concerned still because the med he gave me for chest pain is working and that signifies there is something heart related going on. He did an echocardiogram and we are waiting on the results of that.

I hope all this works out for you. Take care of yourself.

GlennLover
09-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm still keeping you in my prayers, Austin!

Good luck with the renos, Brooke. My hubby & I often paint together, in fact we are in the midst of painting our livingroom & hallways now ( well, mostly him this time). We aren't skilled enough to tackle the installation of a floor, though! Hats off to you!

Grey Sadler
09-02-2012, 09:31 PM
:hug: Austin

One more day left in this nice long weekend :partytime:
Need to do a little shopping tomorrow...my socks are suddenly in hideous/holey/atrocious shape, and "sandals weather" is almost over here...
Finishing the "Fall Cleaning"...and I have a stack of CDs to trade in at hopefully only one of three stores around here that take in used...

Tiffanny Twisted
09-03-2012, 05:53 PM
ok...JAhh is asking about dinner and I still have tons of laundry. If Iwear scrubs all week , how come there is always so much laundry?????

But I did take a nice long deep nap this afternoon. Still outta wack from sat nite at the concert.

And since we are down to hot dogs...food shopping is on the list.lol
THank Goodness I am off tomorrow.:hilarious:
yeah me.
Ga---dall cleaning???we gotta do that to. I'm still struggling witht he wirlwind of stuff my kid droped by before he left for grad school.
oh well......

Brooke
09-03-2012, 09:12 PM
2 solid oak floors installed in 2 bedrooms plus moving out, moving in and cleaning up. Living room to go, but must paint first. We have 17 foot ceiling in living room, so that is a very hard task for next weekend. Ugh! Why did I decide I wanted to do this? Hubby keeps asking.....:rolleyes:

Austin, keeping you in my prayers that all of this turns out ok for you and an easy fix.

Prettymaid
09-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Brooke, your new floors sound beautiful! I'm sure that all your hard work will be worth it in The Long Run.

Thinking of you Austin as you await the results of your test.

Congratulations to you Kath on becoming an aunt! And glad your dad is doing so well!

TimothyBFan
09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Austin, I sure hope everything works out soon!!!

I realized I haven't said much in this thread for a long time other than responding to everyone else here. I guess that's a good thing because it always seems to be bad news when I do. So I think I will update you guys on good stuff for me for a change. :rofl: Actually not much has been going on other than staying busy with the usual.

We are finally finishing up the kitchen renovations after 8 months. A couple more cabinet doors to be made and hung and all is done. I think I told all of you about starting that project back end of December where we actually gutted the room.... walls/ceiling taken out, floor taken out... cabinets all gone and new everything except the refrigerator. What a mess it has been but sooooo worth it. I'm so happy with it. Used a big chunk of money from the sell of my Mom's house for the reno and she would of loved it. The kitchen was her favorite spot in any house and she loved cooking so she would be glad to know that I redid the kitchen using some of the money.

This weekend, hubby and I did something we haven't done for awhile but have been known to do often. We are weird about vehicles and use to change them rather often. My hubby has a knack for finding great deals on vehicles and can usually turn around a make money on them reselling them after we've used them. I've driven anything from a '52 Chevy that he got for around $3,000 and we sold 2 years later for $7,500 on ebay to Mustangs, to Lexus', etc... that we have gotten for thousands of dollars under Blue Book.

We periodically just drive through car lots, pointing at cars we like and want. Weird--- I know but that's our thing. Some people spend $$ on vacations, we do it on cars. :hilarious: At the end of the year, hubby's job is moving a bit further away and he will be putting over 100 miles a day on whatever he drives and since we live in the "snow capital" of Indiana, we have always tried to have at least one 4 wheel drive, most current being a Ford Explorer and a Chrysler Pacifica. We decided to start checking into getting something more economical for him by trading in the Pacifica. I work from home, thankfully, so I don't rack up many miles on what I drive, which is the Explorer.

By now you know where this is going. We did one of our "dream drives" while trying to kill 10 minutes before Wings, Etc. opened up for lunch across the street from a car lot on Friday. Hubby has been thinking on either a Ford Fiesta or Ford Focus. We went ahead and test drove both, settling on a brand new Focus for him. BUT (and this is where it gets weird, even for us) we got to talking to the salesman about the Explorer (which we happen to be driving that day) and were complaining about the high interest rate we had on it. Long story short, we ended up trading it in also for a used but newer Hummer H3. :rofl: It's a good thing, our payments stayed the same, we cut our interest waaaaaaay down and are driving newer vehicles. But we never did make it to Wings, Etc.

BUT--- it gets better. :rofl: Hubby took the dogs for a walk last evening after dinner while I was doing the dishes and came back and asked if I minded if he bought the neighbor's 2 doors down, Fierro. :roll: So, 3 cars in one long weekend is a bit extreme by some people's standards but no one who really knows us will probably find it strange at all. It's just the way we roll. :hilarious:

Troubadour
09-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow, good going on the cars, Willie! Hope you enjoy them.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Austin, I sure hope everything works out soon!!!

I realized I haven't said much in this thread for a long time other than responding to everyone else here. I guess that's a good thing because it always seems to be bad news when I do. So I think I will update you guys on good stuff for me for a change. :rofl: Actually not much has been going on other than staying busy with the usual.

We are finally finishing up the kitchen renovations after 8 months. A couple more cabinet doors to be made and hung and all is done. I think I told all of you about starting that project back end of December where we actually gutted the room.... walls/ceiling taken out, floor taken out... cabinets all gone and new everything except the refrigerator. What a mess it has been but sooooo worth it. I'm so happy with it. Used a big chunk of money from the sell of my Mom's house for the reno and she would of loved it. The kitchen was her favorite spot in any house and she loved cooking so she would be glad to know that I redid the kitchen using some of the money.

This weekend, hubby and I did something we haven't done for awhile but have been known to do often. We are weird about vehicles and use to change them rather often. My hubby has a knack for finding great deals on vehicles and can usually turn around a make money on them reselling them after we've used them. I've driven anything from a '52 Chevy that he got for around $3,000 and we sold 2 years later for $7,500 on ebay to Mustangs, to Lexus', etc... that we have gotten for thousands of dollars under Blue Book.

We periodically just drive through car lots, pointing at cars we like and want. Weird--- I know but that's our thing. Some people spend $$ on vacations, we do it on cars. :hilarious: At the end of the year, hubby's job is moving a bit further away and he will be putting over 100 miles a day on whatever he drives and since we live in the "snow capital" of Indiana, we have always tried to have at least one 4 wheel drive, most current being a Ford Explorer and a Chrysler Pacifica. We decided to start checking into getting something more economical for him by trading in the Pacifica. I work from home, thankfully, so I don't rack up many miles on what I drive, which is the Explorer.

By now you know where this is going. We did one of our "dream drives" while trying to kill 10 minutes before Wings, Etc. opened up for lunch across the street from a car lot on Friday. Hubby has been thinking on either a Ford Fiesta or Ford Focus. We went ahead and test drove both, settling on a brand new Focus for him. BUT (and this is where it gets weird, even for us) we got to talking to the salesman about the Explorer (which we happen to be driving that day) and were complaining about the high interest rate we had on it. Long story short, we ended up trading it in also for a used but newer Hummer H3. :rofl: It's a good thing, our payments stayed the same, we cut our interest waaaaaaay down and are driving newer vehicles. But we never did make it to Wings, Etc.

BUT--- it gets better. :rofl: Hubby took the dogs for a walk last evening after dinner while I was doing the dishes and came back and asked if I minded if he bought the neighbor's 2 doors down, Fierro. :roll: So, 3 cars in one long weekend is a bit extreme by some people's standards but no one who really knows us will probably find it strange at all. It's just the way we roll. :hilarious:

OK, TBF, yes...three vehicles in two days is way more weird than me doing all these concerts. Thank you for making me feel less obsessive about this.

I have a 2010 Focus, I bought it in Aug. of 2010 and it still has less than 20k on it. I love it. The mpg on it isn't as good as the 2008 Focus, but it's a manual transmission and I don't drive it for fuel efficiency. I've not touched the reset button in a long time (about a year), but it's getting 31mpg. I have noticed that doing 80 or 85 even on a smooth stretch of highway degrades the mileage! I have a 2001 truck that is huge, extended cab, long bed. 8 cylinders, of course. Big cap on it, so it gets 12 mpg on a really good day. I love this truck! I don't take it on long trips because it's way too much gas, but I can if it snows. It can often be seen outside of Home Depot :grin: Anyway, I am very happy with my little Focus, so I hope yours works out well, too.

Brooke
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Willie, have fun with your new wheels! All of them! :lol:

And be sure to post some pics of your new kitchen!

We have started putting in oak floors in our house. We did 2 bedrooms over the weekend and have a living room to do. But of course, we have to paint first there. One thing leads to another it seems. Don't you love remodeling?! And living in it while you're doing it?! :scowl:

Freypower
09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
My husband is about to get a Ford Focus Titanium. When it arrives I will post a photo on FB. I might even post one of my dear little Renault Clio. :rofl:

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Dang, Willie! Well, they say it's good for the soul to get out of control! ;)

WalshFan88
09-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Brooke - Enjoy the new floors! We just re-floored our kitchen last year from linoleum to hardwood and we like it much better. In fact pretty much every room in the upper level is hardwood floors.

Willie - Wow that is a lot of vehicles! Congrats!

--------

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the echo didn't show anything. That's also the bad news! I am back to square one without an answer. Only test so far to come back abnormal was the electrical part (ECG/EKG) (conduction delay). He said there isn't much he can do because there isn't anything structurally or blockage wise and the electrical problem isn't severe enough to need a defibrillator or pacemaker.

In other news, I should be receiving my new laptop on Thursday. I'm glad! It's going to be my first laptop in a few years. I've been mainly using my iMac and then iPad for travel. But there are times when you need a real keyboard, USB ports, and desktop applications that are just not doable on an iPad - at least yet. I got a MacBook Air - in keeping with the Apple theme, LOL! 13 inch screen instead of the 11 inch. The last laptop I had was one of those 11 inch netbooks and it was a piece of crap. Plus I could barely see it. I want portability but to be able to see what I'm doing so I think 13 inch screen will work great.

Also, I ended up playing a show with some friends at a informal party called "Bentstock". My band and some people there played music all night. I sat the entire time because of the cath I had just had but towards the end of the night everyone was sitting down because we played for a loooooong time. Ausfest (my festival) will be the last week of September and I'm really looking forward to it. I did get one video from Bentstock that I'll try to upload. Ausfest should be a lot of fun... I've got some new guitar gear to try out and all of that.

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Willie...I love the car thing...hope you enjoy them!
Austin...I would love to see video of "Bentstock"...sounds like it was a lot of fun...glad your heart cath and echo were normal...hopefully they will get you all figured out soon...and hope you love your new laptop..I am loving mine!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Ok..first about focus. I had a 2002. I had one accident in the whole time I was driving...I hydro plained and sllid under the car in front of me.Short version was we fixed it and my son got it when he graduated from college.His first accident was the wholepassenger side . He too fixed that car. Two weeks ago...he hit and ran over and killed a 700lb black bear in bedford pa on the way to Chicago. Bear dead,Car totaled , son just bruses. Three accidents and each time the people walked away from injury. Totally amazing and thank god for that car. Two days after my son had his accident, a gal in work with her brand new to her 2010 focus was hit from behind while she was waiting to make a left turn into her appt complex. Car has over 7k damage to it but again...she walked away un injured .SHe said all she could think of was the story I told her (told above) and was greatful fot the car. When we gave our son the 2002 we replaced it with a newer focus.
I love my focus. It is fun to drive and good on mileage and after my son survived the "bear accident".....I cant say enough good things about that car,,,,,,good luck with yours.

That story being said...I am so excited. A gal I work withand have know for 7 years is expecting her first baby (after losing one). Today she asked me to be his "God MOmma". I cant stop crying that she asked me.I feel so honored. Things have been so sad for me since my son went away for school and this just made my heart sing.I asked what she wanted me to do and she said ..what you"ve done since we knew he was coming..Love him and protect him

I am so happy dancing ...

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
TT, you forgot to mention the bear was 700 lbs! Congrats on being asked to be the godmother!!

I'm feeling a little under the weather. Sore throat, congested lungs. Wondering what I picked up in AC and brought back with me.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-05-2012, 07:42 PM
ThANKS vA

yES IT WAS A BIG BEAR." i CAN STILL HEAR HIM SAYING OVER AND OVER "BLOOD AND FUR EVERYWHER".
bUT HE SURVIVED THANK GOD.

sO SSORRY YOU ARE UNDER THE WEATHER.
i THINK ITS BEEN A LOT OF STRESS AT WORK LATELY AND THE WEATHER HAS BEEN CRAPPY....mY JOINTS ARE KILLING ME.....

SO REST UP DEAR FRIEND AND DREAM OF THAT TIGHT BLUE JEANED gLENN AND HAVE PLEASENT REST AND DREAMS.

tHANKS FOR THE CONGATS..i AM SO EXCITED.cANT WAIT FOR lUCAS TO COME...:partytime:

Grey Sadler
09-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Ooh, congrats, Tiffany!! :D
VA...hope you better...I was just getting over what the kids started calling "The Boone Plague" at my school!! :worried:
Austin...still praying!
I'm enjoying the car, computer and remodeling stories! However...

Today was going kinda slowly...rainy and draggy...at lunchtime I walked in front of the copier in our pod's breakroom (apparently when something was fixed, they left something very slick on the floor), slipped, and literally landed on my hands and knees! Later I had to go see the Dr. (Workman's Comp), then hightailed it over to my chiropractor. I think I have sprained and/or bruised every major joint possible!! I'll be fine though, but...ack!

I guess the best part was when the Dr. told me to ice everything and "take it easy"...:wink:

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 11:34 PM
omg Grey...sorry to hear about your spill...hope you'll be ok
and VA...baby yourself for a while...you've been under a lot of stress and your resistance is probably down, and with the weekend and all maybe you did catch something...not like we were around a lot of people or anything!
TT...so excited for you...what an honor...when is the baby due?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Lucas James is due Nov 6th..I can hardly wait.
Yes I am so honored his momma asked me. Just cant stop smiling:hilarious:
I bought him a litlle ones that says "guitar Player " on it and a little outfit thats blue with little guitars all over it and "Mommys little rock starr" on the left chest. and the hard rock bib when we were at the hard rock in ac on sat. His grandpop plays guitar so theres the theme.

Va---hope you fell better soon. Baby yourself..no on deserves it more.....

Grey---you too. Take care,.your body must have had some jolt.

Have a great day all.

TimothyBFan
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
TT---- Thanks for the info on the Focus. That makes me feel better. It's something I worry about for my husband because of the miles he puts on a car on a daily basis. He's had some cars in the past that I know weren't that safe and has had some very close calls. That bear story is amazing. I will be reading your entry to my husband tonight.

VA & Grey---get better soon!!!!

And TT--- congrats on the Godmother gig!!!! Enjoy!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Lucas James is due Nov 6th..I can hardly wait.

Nov 6 is a very good day! My birthday is Nov 5, but a certain blue-eyed, handsome, looks-amazing-in-tight-jeans musician's birthday is Nov 6.

Brooke
09-06-2012, 09:29 AM
VA and GS, hope you both feel better soon!

TT, that's great about being a godmother! Have fun!

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2012, 03:27 PM
What a lot s happening this week!

VA and Grey, take care of yourselves- Grey, we gotta trade teaching notes soon! Maybe we could try to twin our Biology classes?

Austin, great about the good news, I'm glad they found nothing serious wrong with you. Enjoy your new toy!

and Tiff, congrats on being selected as Godmomma to Lucas James! I hope he arrives on his due date - than he'll share his birthday with that gorgeous wavy haired guitarist!

Willie! Well done on the kitchen. I remember you saying when you started it! It's a great achievement to do all the work yourselves!

And Brooke too! I admire all you decorators! I couldn't do t for nuts!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
ga

Thanks...for pointing that out .
If he comes on his due date, he will share GF's birthday.

I was excited for my friend to have this baby but even more excited now that she wants me fo be Godmomma.
His momma says I am "momma celle".
Is my excitment showing???jUst a little???

Troubadour
09-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Feel better soon, VA and GS! Thinking of you too, Austin.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much in the past few days. I have been busy preparing for my PGCE. I move to London tomorrow. Eek! I am excited, nervous, sad and happy all at once! I'm sure once I get settled in I will be absolutely fine. I'm really looking forward to being in a lovely new area and meeting lots of new people, but I will miss plenty of things... most of all, Maisie! There is no way I can take her with me to London, so she will have to stay with my Mum. (I have been living with my Mum lately so Maisie is perfectly happy with the surroundings.) I know she will be absolutely fine and get lots of love and attention still, but I will miss her lots. She and I have developed a special bond. I'm definitely her human! Anyway, I just have to square my shoulders and deal with it. The course is only one year and London isn't far away. I'll visit when I can. Knowing her, she'll be sleeping so much, she won't have time to miss me! ;)

zeldabjr
09-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Feel better soon, VA and GS! Thinking of you too, Austin.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much in the past few days. I have been busy preparing for my PGCE. I move to London tomorrow. Eek! I am excited, nervous, sad and happy all at once! I'm sure once I get settled in I will be absolutely fine. I'm really looking forward to being in a lovely new area and meeting lots of new people, but I will miss plenty of things... most of all, Maisie! There is no way I can take her with me to London, so she will have to stay with my Mum. (I have been living with my Mum lately so Maisie is perfectly happy with the surroundings.) I know she will be absolutely fine and get lots of love and attention still, but I will miss her lots. She and I have developed a special bond. I'm definitely her human! Anyway, I just have to square my shoulders and deal with it. The course is only one year and London isn't far away. I'll visit when I can. Knowing her, she'll be sleeping so much, she won't have time to miss me! ;)

It sounds so exciting for you Lou...a new adventure...best of luck...How far is London from where you are now?

Troubadour
09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
About an hour and a half, if the roads are clear! Not far really.

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 09:40 PM
A new chapter of your life opening up - it's going to be great, I know!

Topkat
09-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Wow, a lot going on in here. I have just been in my own little Eagles world these days.

Austin; I'm so glad your tests didn't show anything serious! Must be a relief

TBS: Congrats on the new cars! Very exciting. I saw some of your kitchen reno on FB, looks great!

Troub; Good luck with your move. I'm sure you will love London

VA & GS; Feel better!

TT; Congrats on the new arrival & becoming a Godmomma!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 09:59 AM
trob...good luck on your new move and adventure.
I know you will succeed.

For me, this is a busy fall . There are two babies due in work, one of who is my godson and a wedding. Happy times for my "work Family" and I guess I am lucky that they count Jahh and I in as part of their families and want us to celebrate with them . (not everyone gets included or asked to the celebrations)
The other baby due at work ...we are having her work shower this week as a suprise. It makes me happy since we were at her wedding two short years ago. She got married the day before my 29th wedding anniversary and when I pointed that out to her...Her reply was "wow you have be married longer than I am old"...the champagne was talking I think. So its kinda nice to be part of her happiness. We dont know what she is having so its kind of exciting but hard to buy clothes for the baby. lol
As I have said, the other baby I was asked to be his "Godmomma" by his mommy and I cant wait for him to come and to hold him and love him. His mom and dad lost a baby last year and she had tried along time to get pregnant with both babies so the anticpation of his arrival is fever pitch for me. I have lit candles and said numerous prayers for him and it dawned on me last night , that he will be here in a little less than two months.So very exciting.
It has been hard for me that our son has gone to Chicago for two years.He has always been close by and a temendous support to me and while I know its the right thing for him, Momma bears like to have their cubs close by.So, I am trying very hard to consentrate on all the happy things that are happening with my "work family"' and enjoy all the excitment surrounding it all.
Guess I gotta start a count down for the babies arrival.....

sodascouts
09-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Congratulations to you, TT, on being chosen as a godmother. What an honor! I'm sure the baby will be quite a joy.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks SOda....
It is an honor andI was speechless when she asked me.
It was very kind of her and her hubby.
I am still smiling from the whole experience which is good cause all I did for two days was cry I was so ovewhelmed.
Thank you
tt

WalshFan88
09-10-2012, 05:09 AM
TT - Congrats!!!

Troub - Good luck with the move!

VA and GS - Feel better soon!!! Take care. :)

----

So far I'm doing ok on the medicine I'm taking and the chest pains have got a lot better and not near as intense and sometimes completely gone. That still doesn't make sense because the heart tests were normal/borderline other than the EKG. Maybe it's an electrical problem and not a structural one they were looking for. The cardiologist said there really isn't any more he can do for me and so now I'm kind of at a loss. Well, as long as there wasn't a blockage I can at least rule out the possibility of a near future heart attack!!!

Brooke
09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Austin, glad to hear they didn't find anything too serious. Hopefully, all will go well for you now.

Troub, what is this PGCE thing? Good luck on your move and with this new adventure. I'm sure you will do well and Maisie will love your visits when you can. Living in London should be great fun!

I'm exhausted today. We painted our living room Saturday which has very high vaulted ceilings, so to paint, you have to put up scaffolding. A huge pain. Luckily, hubby worked on that part and I stayed on the floor. He knew I'd probably end up there if he didn't! Yesterday we laid the new flooring. What a job! I'm not hurting as bad as I did after last weekend, but still hurting some. We sat in the hot tub for a while last night, so I think that helped. Now to move the furniture back in after work tonight. I hate remodeling! :crazy:

TimothyBFan
09-10-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm exhausted today. We painted our living room Saturday which has very high vaulted ceilings, so to paint, you have to put up scaffolding. A huge pain. Luckily, hubby worked on that part and I stayed on the floor. He knew I'd probably end up there if he didn't!

When I first read the bold part, I was thinking he figured you'd end up on the floor anyways.... figuring you must be as clumsy as me and would of fallen off the scaffolding. :hilarious: Then I reread it.... Ooops!!!

Troubadour
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Congrats, TT!

Thanks for the good wishes. Brooke, the PGCE is a one-year postgraduate teaching course. When I finish in July, I will (hopefully!) be a qualified primary school teacher. My first day at uni went really well. I got home about an hour ago and I'm just going to relax this evening, do some course reading and catch up with The Border! I know the course is going to be super intense, so I'm making the most of these two introductory weeks in terms of getting prepared and doing whatever reading I can. I met some really nice people today and I'm looking forward to our field trip to Dorset this weekend, when I'll naturally get to know people in my group better! English is my subject specialism, and there's about 30 of us in the group, but over a hundred on the whole course.

TimothyBFan
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I actually woke up thinking about you this morning, Troub. I'm so glad it went well with you. I know you're going to do great!

Troubadour
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Awww, thank you so much!

SallyGee
09-10-2012, 01:54 PM
TT- Congratulations on being a godmother. You must be a special person for your friend to pick you.
Troub- Best of luck to you. What an exciting time for you. Enjoy every minute.

timfan
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Lou Congrats on the move and your first day going so well!! With your determination, great attitude and kind personality I know your going to do wonderfully! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
TT- Congratulations on being a godmother. You must be a special person for your friend to pick you.
Troub- Best of luck to you. What an exciting time for you. Enjoy every minute.
Thanks Sallygee

She went to the doctor today and everything is good with baby Lucas.
a little less than 2 months and he will be here.....

I went shopping today and bought him a shirt with little guitars all over it and a DKNY pair of jeans and jacket. Plus he has a hard rock bib too.
His granpop plays the guitar so I think she will like it .

can you tell I am excited?????

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2012, 02:12 AM
We can indeed Tiff!

Lou! I'm delighted your first day went so well! Brings back memories of my wn orientation week when I started teaching! I'm sure you will do very well! Enjoy your field trip at the weekend!

WalshFan88
09-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Troub - Glad to hear your day went well!

BramwenR
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Hi all, haven't been here for awhile because of serious health issues..having multiple diagnostics on my thyroid which will have to come out, I am told..don't know when. I have biopsies to be done on Monday for my goitre..very common problem and hereditary because my older sister has it as well..so we will both be having ours out, hers is partial though, mine will be total..so I'm told. I'll see my doc two weeks after this last diagnostic and see where we're at.

There is occlusion of my airway and oesophagus, heart related issues as well..so I am not a well girl unfortunately. The biggie is Monday with the fine needle aspiration biopsies and my doctor will take it from there.

YUCKO :yuck:

Brooke
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Bram, I'm so sorry about all of your health issues. Try to stay positive and know you are in our thoughts and prayers that everything will turn out ok.

zeldabjr
09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Bramwen...so sorry to hear about your health issues...you are in my thoughts and prayers...stay positive!:hug::hug::hug:

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh Bramwen, hope everything goes well on Monday and that you are restored to full health soon. Keeping you in my prayers. :hug:

sodascouts
09-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Aw, hope you feel better soon, Bramwen!

Topkat
09-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your health problems Bram. Try to stay positive!
Hope you feel better soon.

As for me, I had 2 job interviews this week, so I'm hoping something will come of it. I really need to get back to work. Now that the summer is over, I'm bored & I really could use the income! My bills just don't seem to be going down & I have no health insurance. I had a hard time justifying that trip to Atlantic City to see the Eagles, but it was so worth it!

zeldabjr
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your health problems Bram. Try to stay positive!
Hope you feel better soon.

As for me, I had 2 job interviews this week, so I'm hoping something will come of it. I really need to get back to work. Now that the summer is over, I'm bored & I really could use the income! My bills just don't seem to be going down & I have no health insurance. I had a hard time justifying that trip to Atlantic City to see the Eagles, but it was so worth it!

Fingers crossed for your job interviews TK!

SallyGee
09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Hope all goes well Bramwen. I will keep you in my prayers.
Best of luck on the job front TK. You definitely made the right decision going to AC to see the boys.